12-06-2001, 02:24 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)
something about Oddworld and Microsoft!

I have been thinking that Microsoft probally scammed OWI. I mean this is a thought but it sounds desturbing. Think about why would we not see all of those things in the game. Maybe Microsoft came in and took them out? Maybe Lanning doesn't realize what happen to his game. He promised us what was going to be in the game. It compleatly is the opposite when we play it. For some reason I smell a rotton egg in the Microsoft corperation. The X-Box is great we could of still had those elements in the game but they were taken out why? I bet they were in the game when it changed to X-Box but as soon as it went on to the asembaily line Microsoft erased some of that inforemation. I mean there is no climbing vending machine and that was in the X-Box demo. Something is not right!

12-06-2001, 07:52 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

Uh
*calls psycheatric nurses*
Get the straigh-jacket ready!

You watch too much X-Files

1. It wouldn't be easy for anyone to reverse-program a game like MO then re-program it
2. Why would they do that?
3. MO got 7/10 in Edge, stop winging
4. MO had to have a lot of things cut from it because the port from PS2 probably took a long time (the Xbox is also easier to program than the PS2)
12-06-2001, 09:45 PM
FuzzyFuzzle
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2001
: 369
FuzzyFuzzle  (10)

Why would Microsoft sabotage their own game? They would gain nothing from it, and it would probably stop some people from buying the game if they heard it sucked. So, in a word, no.
http://oddworldian.net/misc/banners/FuzzyFuzzle.gif

12-06-2001, 10:40 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

I was just woundering why all of a sudden they took so many things out of the game? The X-Box could of handled all of that information. I mean yea it would of probablly take a little bit longer to process but in the long run the game I think would be superior among others. That is just my opinion. I don't hate the game at all I actually enjoy it. But it should of been the original idea. not part of the original idea. I just don't understand why a company will do something like that. I just hope Munch's Exoddus and the rest of the games will improve. I am just worried about the games future and I don't want to see such a great game go to waste thats all.

12-07-2001, 01:34 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

from what I heard they where about half way through making the game (programing wise) when they did the switch. My guess is that they had to start over almsot from scratch so had to take out and change some things in order to still make the deadline.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

12-07-2001, 10:11 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Thanks Dragodon now I can bring this topic to rest.

12-07-2001, 04:40 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I think the game would have been better on the PS2 because alot of the things that were taken out were the things we wanted.

The things they took out were the things that gave oddworld its quirkyness.

I would of loved to raise a Larvae into a Meetle or Mug.

But i stand by Oddworld in the descision they made

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: Alcar ]
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

12-12-2001, 01:25 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

You know now I think it was time it just came at inconvenieont time siwtch thats all. But ME will have all the time in the world for the deadline and there won't be any switch.

12-12-2001, 07:31 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by Dragadon:
My guess is that they had to start over almsot from scratch so had to take out and change some things in order to still make the deadline.
They only had to change some of the core coding because of the switch. They could leave a lot of the code in because Netimmerse (their game engine) supports both PS2 and Xbox.