Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

: Should there be a war with Iraq?
Yes! Bomb the evil country! 2 16.67%
No, the last thing we want is a third world war. 4 33.33%
Give Iraq a warning shot, if they don't surrender after that, move in... 5 41.67%
Only attack him if there's another attack on us. 1 8.33%
: 12.

03-17-2003, 05:53 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)
Dead War or Peace?

Its a choice, Bush and Blair are for war, the UN's against, and Splat, the little, confused, English boy, who recently turned fourteen, and trapped in a country of protesters, should there really be a war on Iraq? If you decide to vote, please state who you are and why you say so in the space below.

03-17-2003, 11:21 PM
MasterChief
Bola Blast

: Mundelein ILL
: 432
MasterChief  (9)

i say giving a warnign shot is a good idea beacsue yes a WW3 would be TERRIBLE but why would we just stand around waiting to be attacked again? we need to take action for what happened 9/11/01, and i think Saddam needs to be silenced.

03-17-2003, 11:42 PM
munchman
Clakker Relic Miner

: Dec 2001
: Unknown
: 886
munchman  (10)

Bush says we will attack Saddam and his sons if they do not leave Iraq in 48 hours, I think that it will be sooner then 48 hours. Bush might have a little trick up his sleave.

I am all for the war.

03-18-2003, 12:08 AM
wtfz
Stingbee

: Dec 2002
: Look in your pants.
: 87
wtfz  (10)

My opinion: Sadaam screwed his chance to come clean. Now he's going to get the ass bombed out of him. I'm all for the war -- he needs to be punished.

HOWEVER...
In my personal opinion, same countries willing to attack Iraq should turn their attention to North Korea. Latest reports show that within 6-8 months, North Korea will have the materials to build up to six nuclear warheads, whereas Iraq is nearly 15 years away from developing nuclear warheads (and that's with a crash program). Besides, the missles Iraq is armed with cannot even leave the Middle Eastern area. I think that this is more of a political front for Bush... but that's just my thought. The American people are pissed about 9/11, and they want someone to pay for it, so hell! Why not Iraq!

Enjoy.

03-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

War is unevitable... Unless Saddam surrenders... you do not **** with America and not get hit back. Iraq stands on top of the world most biggest oil supply. Surely America wants that place to be stable.

But i dont want war, thats my opinion,
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

03-18-2003, 02:15 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Drunk in 48 hours

:
Originally posted by munchman
Bush says we will attack Saddam and his sons if they do not leave Iraq in 48 hours, I think that it will be sooner then 48 hours. Bush might have a little trick up his sleave.
I am all for the war.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	warrr.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	9.1 
ID:	642  
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

03-18-2003, 02:28 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by wtfz
HOWEVER...
In my personal opinion, same countries willing to attack Iraq should turn their attention to North Korea. Latest reports show that within 6-8 months, North Korea will have the materials to build up to six nuclear warheads, whereas Iraq is nearly 15 years away from developing nuclear warheads (and that's with a crash program). Besides, the missles Iraq is armed with cannot even leave the Middle Eastern area. I think that this is more of a political front for Bush... but that's just my thought. The American people are pissed about 9/11, and they want someone to pay for it, so hell! Why not Iraq!

Enjoy.
What gives america the right to make nuclear warheads, and not North Korea?

*mumbles something about the idiotic american government mentality*

Notice that I spelt america with a lower case "a"

And atusiya, oh my. It falls right on Jacob's birthday, how ironic. And, good to see you posting again!

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

03-18-2003, 03:59 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
America

Notice that I spelt america with a lower case "a"

Alcar...
No you didn't....
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

03-18-2003, 04:04 AM
OddPod
Thudslug

: In a house
: 155
OddPod  (10)

What if Bush was killed then there will be no war. See N Koria just started its nuclear war program so why doesn't bush attack them. All he wants is the oil so i hope if bush attacks iraq then Sadam should blow up the oil so bush loses everything. Hahahahhahahahah

03-18-2003, 04:08 AM
Leto
Not Leto

: Dec 2002
: up
: 4,866
Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)Leto  (3745)
GET OUT OF THERE!!!

OH jesus christ, lucky I'm away from it all! Feel free to bomb the s**t out of the Iraqie's...But expect to be hit back harder. No offence, but I think Bush is the next Hitler!Hope NZ doesn't get invovled...

03-18-2003, 05:00 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

why the hell has G. Bush not decide to simply send like...3 death squads into iraq and have the war over in 3 weeks?

give him a warning shot, then move in, i think what G. Bush is doing now is a good idea.

hehe...the wars starting on jacobs birthday...dont knowwhy that makes me laugh though...hmmmm...weird.

03-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Gorgoroth_II
Chippunk

: Feb 2003
: Liverpool, UK
: 30
Gorgoroth_II  (10)

"we need to take action for what happened 9/11/01"

I can't believe you guys think this is because of what happened in your country on 9/11/01. This is a nothing-war, its about greed and flexing military muscle, and possibly about George Bush getting into the history books, in a big way. America, and probably Britain but i don't know exactly, want Saddam's oil reserves. This is no retaliation for 9/11, although our countries will probably use that as their excuse for killing a ton of innocent people.

By the way. Attacking without the UN's consent is illegal. You have all these little african countries sending their people to our countries (Britain, i dunno about America) and us telling them to stop it. They aren't gonna listen to what Britain has to say after we've broken the law, are they? That's going off on a tangent i know, but it's true, no?

I'm indifferent really, i'm niether for or against the war. I just wish Tony Blair would stop saying he's doing it in our name. Sure, go to war, just don't say you're doing it on my behalf.

Super Munch: Bush IS the next Hitler...in response to some harsh criticism in the tabloids, he said "There should be limits to freedom"

Last edited by Gorgoroth_II; 03-18-2003 at 09:20 AM..
03-18-2003, 05:29 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by OddPod
What if Bush was killed then there will be no war. See N Koria just started its nuclear war program so why doesn't bush attack them. All he wants is the oil so i hope if bush attacks iraq then Sadam should blow up the oil so bush loses everything. Hahahahhahahahah
...Right. If George W. Bush was killed, Dick Cheney would become president.

Many people think Bush is a moron for going to war, but it isn't his decision alone in the first place (A large number gov't officials must agree with the idea of war, before any act can be taken). The fact that Saddam keeps playing games with the US after desert storm, gives America a good reason to end this foolishness by going to war. Also, war is upon us no matter if we want it or not. The only way this war will end, is if Saddam surrenders.

And what the hell is with this anti-America crap. America supplies plenty of nations with the protection and resources they need.

I hesitantly agree with the choices my government has made...
03-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Gorgoroth_II
Chippunk

Gorgoroth_II  (10)

This isn't aimed at any of you American people on the board, but you know what i don't understand? I don't get how we (England) can be allied with America, when America funds the IRA, a terrorist group who are very much an enemy of England.

It's just full of hypocrisy.

I've just realised what i said...The IRA are a terrorist group...Isn't this supposed to be the "War On Terrorism" ?

03-18-2003, 05:48 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

:
Originally posted by Gorgoroth_II
This isn't aimed at any of you American people on the board, but you know what i don't understand? I don't get how we (England) can be allied with America, when America funds the IRA, a terrorist group who are very much an enemy of England.

It's just full of hypocrisy.

I've just realised what i said...The IRA are a terrorist group...Isn't this supposed to be the "War On Terrorism" ?
What's the IRA? I find that hard to believe.
03-18-2003, 06:06 PM
Gorgoroth_II
Chippunk

Gorgoroth_II  (10)

This is not debateable mate, it's just pure fact. The IRA are huge group based in Ireland lead by Sinn Fein (I'm pretty sure that's the right spelling, it's pronounced 'shin fain'), and America does indeed fund them.

In very recent years they have bombed English cities such as Manchester and London. All surprise attacks on innocent people...One incident i recall was a nail-bombing in a street full of shops...

03-18-2003, 11:36 PM
MasterChief
Bola Blast

MasterChief  (9)

I can't believe you guys think this is because of what happened in your country on 9/11/01. This is a nothing-war, its about greed and flexing military muscle, and possibly about George Bush getting into the history books, in a big way. America, and probably Britain but i don't know exactly, want Saddam's oil reserves. This is no retaliation for 9/11, although our countries will probably use that as their excuse for killing a ton of innocent people.
-GorgorothII

how does this not half to do with 9/11? if we werent attacked we wouldnt all the sudden decide to go to war. 9/11 was the biggest influence on this matter. i personally dont like Bush or war but how can anyone say its a bad idea to go to fight? its the best idea because why the hell would we sit here waiting to be attacked again? i think its bogus, i say we go on in there with 1 sweep and take iraq off the map. screw the innocent ppl over there, thats what they are saying about us. Better Them then Me

03-18-2003, 11:45 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

Heh, funny, I haven't replied to this. Well I'll just get straight to the point, because I really don't want to argue on this. Yes I support the war. Yes I believe we should bomb the crap out of them until they surrender or die (they being Saddam and his sons). 12 years is more then enough time for Iraq to have disarmed. We as Americans don't usually go running around and threatening are own people as well as the rest of the world with weapons of mass destruction. Thus we figure Saddam should be rid of his power so we don't get loons like him threatning people. Then we have the problem about North Korea. Another country that has the same attitude. I don't know how they will play out in this "war" but whatever they may do, is up to them. Simple fact, if we get threatened, we will fight back. I suppose it's the "law of the jungle" maybe not? I'll let you people decide.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

03-19-2003, 08:09 AM
The Red Muse
Clakker Store Clerk

: I really can't remember.
: 798
The Red Muse  (10)

I can't find any of the opinions in this poll suitable for me...
I think that it is kinda wrong to attack Iraq... Not that I would have any sympathy for Hussein and Bin Laden. I'm more worried about all those innocent people who will die.
Hussein should've left the country with his kids, when he still had the chance.

I recall hearing from the news that over 80 % of the people in the United States of America think that war is the only solution. Or was it 60%?

And what was the thing about Iraq having some chemical weapons used or something? I think I heard something about countries preparing for a possible smallpox vaccination-so, does this have anything to do with the war?

03-19-2003, 11:33 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

You don't mess around with the U.S. I am aganst war but if its in the name of peace well then the hell with the protesters!

Paramiteabe...

03-19-2003, 12:02 PM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

Just to add on atusiya@'s post here is the Countdown to War

03-19-2003, 01:30 PM
Gorgoroth_II
Chippunk

Gorgoroth_II  (10)

In the name of peace, my arse!

But the peace we currently have is peace based on mutual, international fear. So i guess going to war is better than having false-peace.

03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Going to war in the name of peace? No, how about we keep the weapons inspectors, and wait until they actually find any weapons of mass destruction. If they find any, the UN can order Saddam to take them apart under UN supervision. Peaceful solution. Okay, that means that Iraq won't have a democratic government set up, and the Iraquis, Kurds and other inhabitants will continue to be victimised by Saddam, but that's a hell of a lot better than killing hundreds of completely innocent civilians. George Bush is obviously the biggest threat to world peace there is, and the fact that he's only truely after Iraq because of their oil fields just proves that the US as a nation isn't taking the responcibility to find alternative means of fuel and energy. As you can tell, I am against the war, but it's not because I'm worried about a third world war, it's because I feel that it is morally unacceptable, especially when there is a perfectly good peaceful resolution sitting right in front of Blair and Bush.

A lot of people walked out of schools and collages across Britain today to demonstrate their protest to war. I considered this, as did plenty of people in my year at school, but in the end we decided that in times such as this, we cannot afford to compensate education for short-term expression. In the end, today's children will form tomorrow's governments, and only if they are educated and ethical will they avoid the mistakes our leaders are making today. I actually came on here thinking there'd be something on here about these walk-outs so I could disagree, but it seems I'm going to have to mention it myself.
03-19-2003, 06:30 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

All that protesting really doesn't matter, now does it? at 8:00 tonight... we're going to war, regardless of what anyone but Bush 'n' Pals think.
03-19-2003, 06:41 PM
MasterChief
Bola Blast

MasterChief  (9)

i dont like war just like anyuone else BUT i think war is the best idea because like i said before... whats the point of waiting around for another terrorist attack? we should go in iraq and take out Saddam. i also dont know why people are feeling sorry for the civilians in Iraq. u actually think they would feel bad for us? i say screw all of them because thats what they are saying right back. again. better them then me.

03-19-2003, 07:21 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

War on my birthday, wow, who'd have guessed...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

03-19-2003, 09:45 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Has Bush actually stated that hes after the oil fields? Because if not, I'm just going to disbelieve that statement. After all, not all of our oil comes from Iraq. Sheesh.

And Saddam has had 12 years to disarm. And he has started a war before. I'm sure if all of you were tortured by your leaders, you'd like somebody to rescue you too.
03-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Forbidden Paradise
Boombat

: Mar 2003
: Adelaide, Australia
: 238
Forbidden Paradise  (10)

Well I live in Australia and all i can say is that John Howard (our Prime Minister) is a total bastard! Australia has nothing to do with this war and because of him Australian lives will be lost for no reason
03-20-2003, 12:26 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
Drunk The Wolfpac's Countdown To War is over..And

20/03/2003 on Jaob's birthday(Japan time...)
White House: War has started
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

Last edited by atusiya@; 03-19-2003 at 04:48 PM..
03-20-2003, 01:42 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Forbidden Paradise
Well I live in Australia and all i can say is that John Howard (our Prime Minister) is a total bastard! Australia has nothing to do with this war and because of him Australian lives will be lost for no reason
I so agree. Like I've said before:

• When Australia went to war in Vietnam, we lost and I'm glad we did we had no rights to be in there
  • And, John Howard is such a pack follower

• Alcar...
    Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
    11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
    Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate