Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

01-15-2002, 06:26 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: Nov 2001
: 456
Steve  (32)
wild vykkers

I was thinking about vykkers and how something that weak looking could survive in the wild (short of weaponry of course). the only reason they could survive is because almost all predators shown in oddworld seem to have exoskelitans. vykkers have extremly sharp claws which could most likely peirce the exoskelitan and for those of you who don't know exoskelitans are very hard to peirce but once theres a hole in them the animal is basicly dead. also (I didn't see the point in posting two topics right after each other) doesn't it seem like munch will be easy to find seeing as the headport probably has a tracking beakon(the vykkers aren't stupid enough to not be able to track him).
01-15-2002, 06:38 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I believe that sonar in his head will cause him much Vykker-related trouble in ME. They probably eill find Munch.
01-15-2002, 07:29 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

I don't think the Native Vykkers looked the same. Because of their reliance on technology, I think their muscles have atrophied to a certain degree, and their own additions to their body [largely giving themselves larger brains, by the look of it] have made them physically weak. When 'redesigning' themselves, they probably decided that physical strength and agility wasn't important to them, since they had all their technology. But I'm only guessing...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

01-15-2002, 10:24 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

Why would Vykkers need to be naturaly strong at all? They probly evolved in a enviroment relitivly shelted from preditors and may have infact been the biggest, baddest thing around... Alot like humans... And once they had develiped simple technogys like spears they could expand from that enviroment.
01-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Niteowl
Fuzzle

: 135
Niteowl  (10)

I wonder about those stitches in their legs...Did they have something more to their feet or something?
01-16-2002, 01:28 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

maybe they grew up in underground dark cave areas, or they just naturaly evolved. maybe they have a past background with gluckons or mudakons where the are helped, until they realize their own potential. i would love to see OWI's background stroy on the vykker speciea r however you spell it, although its fun to think of how they evolved. I mean, not all vykkers can be scientists. maybe a certain specious sp of a vyker type family )such as monkeys and humans) had one type evolve like we speculate we did. maybe there could be wild vykers, or vykker monky equivilents. that would be cool to verse unevolved vykkers in the wild......
01-16-2002, 09:31 AM
Kroenig the Glukkon
Bolamite

: 51
Kroenig the Glukkon  (10)

I read somewhere the feet are removed at birth because they dont "need" them.
01-16-2002, 06:30 PM
Steve
Super Stingbee

: 456
Steve  (32)

heres an idea. look at the vykkers heads, with brains that big they should be able to come up with more than they have for however many thousands of years they've been around. my theory is it is possible that they didn't engineer their brains to be bigger someone else made them and put them on mudos just for fun or something along those lines.

probably not true but you never know(at least I don't)
01-16-2002, 10:30 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

being of a creative mind...I started wondering what a 'native' Vykk would look like...here's a quick sketch of what I think...

[img]http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0NgAAAIUTcRbT3zCWN6LVWrkcCghJRjU1U0LucNr*vD6xiL551L9PMJNqMZMrUil9*ekJYjUepuZkczDwtd4ctQ/NativeVykker.jpg[/img]

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

01-16-2002, 10:59 PM
oddguy 999
Thudslug

: 182
oddguy 999  (10)

Look how their necks are bent over... I think this might be a side-effect of having a big head, but you would expect that their neck would evolve to be stronger in parale with their head size. Maybe their heads are smaller naturaly and they have used drugs or something to get them bigger!!! Also they have small mouths and eyes so maybe this backs this up also?

I like your drawing of a 'native' Vykker Dragadon, but why did you chose to give them only two claws per leg? Each of their hands has three claws so wouldn't their feet also.
The Vykker looks very climmy and reminds me of a three toed Sloth or something.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: oddguy 999 ]
01-16-2002, 11:05 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

originally I had it with only one claw on each 'foot'...but as I drew it it didn't look right...so I added the second. The whole thing was pretty much spare of the moment.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay