: 1,670
Codek  (10)
The Harder they Come.

OKAY, here goes.

-
-
-
-

"204, this is command, what's your status?"...
"204, respond!"...
"Nope, 204 must be down, all medics be advised, possible dead or wounded, free unit please respond, his family will want the body"...
"10-4 command, medic responding, please transmit last know coords of 205."..
"Roger medic, last known position was A9-C12."...
"Copy that command, this is Medic unit 4, on our way."...
"Be careful out there, and good luck, Command out."

Three figures become visible through rising smoke, walking over a pile of rubble, "Jeesus, this place is a mess", the female of the three says to one of the taller males. "You got that right, must have been pretty major" the tall one responds.

Moving rubble and a groaning noise distracts their attention towards an upturned tank. "Well what are we just going to look at it or are we going to help?", the comment didn't go unnoticed, they all ran over to help out. When they got there they found two perfectly unharmed, but somewhat dazed soldiers. "We didn't realise anybody was left alive out here", the soldiers looked like they were amazed anyone even expected them to talk at all. "We didn't know anyone had survived at all until we found ourselves here" one of the soldiers said.

"Do you think you can move?" one of the medics enquired. "Yeah, I think I can move, I feel okay", "Thats great, then maybe you can help us, we're on our way to try and retrieve a special unit, fell during battle". The soldier gets up and out of the tank to look at the medics. "Well you better take us with you, there could still be enemy robots out there."

-
-
-
-

Okay that's just the first "taster", I'll continue it later.
07-25-2003, 09:51 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

good! thats my kind of story!

07-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
Codek  (10)

OK, here is some more for you.

-
-
-
-

The two marines climb out through the topside porthole of the upturned tank, and carefully navigate rubble, trying not to dislodge the precarious rocks propping up the tank.
"OK, we're out, where are you headed?", one of the medics picks out a notepad and reads out the location "A9 C12". "Right, that's by some oil tanks, should be easy, the warbots stay away from highly flammible stuff." one of the marines advise.

All five of them get heading towards a big heap of rubble, just north east of the road where the marines were found. From the heap, they all hoped to be able to see the oil tanks, and maybe their lost special marine.

"It's no good" said one of the medics "I can't see a thing, too much smoke". It was at that point that two enemy warbot walkers marched out from behind a building, and started firing tracers at the group. "GET DOWN, NOW!" one of the marines demanded. "shit they're going to walk up this, we gotta run", lying on her stomach, one of the medics turned her head to the marine "Er, exactly how persistant is this threat?" "Not very, they'll run out of fuel within the next few days." the other marine butted in, just as the first was opening his mouth, probably about to say the same thing. "A FEW DAYS?? We're expected back at camp today!", the medic looked fresh out of ideas, "Sorry, nothing I can do about that except phone the enemy and ask them to stop making bots with longer life batteries." the marine got up, the rest followed, "there's no need to be sarcastic you know" the medic said, dusting herself off.

Then the tracer fire stopped, and the marines could hear the pulse repeaters clicking into action. "GET DOWN!" one of the marines ordered. Everyone hit the deck again, as heavy fire drummed into the pile of rubble. an earthshaking THUDDA THUDDA THUDDA THUDDA noise rumbled up through the pile in bursts, as red hot fused gasses pounded cracked concrete and twisted metal.

"Damn, we're in a tight spot." a marine thought outloud.

-
-
-
-

OK, that was the second installment, more to come!
07-31-2003, 12:47 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Decided to pull the plug due to lack of feedback.

Special thanks goes out to ferill for being the only person to actually respond!
07-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Aww. Come on bring it back, I actually was excited and refreshed with reading this type of story. Dont worry about slow feedback, that happens a lot.

Please do continue.
07-31-2003, 01:07 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker
Aww. Come on bring it back, I actually was excited and refreshed with reading this type of story. Dont worry about slow feedback, that happens a lot.

Please do continue.
OK. I don't really have it in me right at this moment in time, but I promise I'll get right back on it.