Oddworld Forums > Zulag Four > Necrum Burial Grounds

11-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)
Read Asap Read Asap

To make this RPG fun and fair for everybody, there has to be some rules.

1. You MUST be completely honest with your Moolah, HP and AP and update your files when these change. Failure to do so on purpose will result in a stern ticking off i tell you . Honest mistakes will of course be tolerated. Files are in Vyykers labs. You must first register your character profile. Tell Rexy your user name (name of the character you are using in the RPG) and you will be registered officially. Type boogie in a sentence if youndersand this.

2. You CANNOT kill another playing character. You have very minor control over another playing character if you are in a conversation, and none if in a battle. Write moon in a sentence if you understad this.

3. Swearing is allowed to an extent, but only if necessary and not used to purposely offend other players. and if swearing is used use * thankyou. Write dog in a sentence if you understand this.

Other things: It costs 10000 Moolah for you to open your own shop. You recieve all profits, unless co run with another player, in which they will be divided depending on the agreement between the two owners.

Another copy of the official story will be posted, also, an updated Character Profiles Thread where there won't be all the comments in between and partial explaining of rules and the like. write dopple if you understand these 2 things.

Other things like training will be explained in their respective threads.

These were originally posted by Grid... the founder of the RPG in the old Forums

Last edited by Rex Tirano; 01-24-2003 at 03:30 AM..
11-09-2002, 11:01 PM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)

uhhhhh........

* picks nose * ......I found a boogie!

theres one.

The dog chases the cat.

theres two.

.......Dopple, dopple, dopple, dopple, dopple!!!!!!

theres three.
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

11-10-2002, 01:07 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)

Boogie the moon dog just boogied across my head and replaced my brain with a flea with leproisy. As a result, now I am a serial killer known as the yorkshire ripper to some, but dopple to myself.
He he he..
Will that do?

Last edited by salty pretzils; 11-10-2002 at 05:10 AM..
11-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

lol! Thats great people!

11-10-2002, 01:30 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Ewwwww.A dog is eating someones boogie out of his nose!Dopple to him

Wrex.

11-12-2002, 02:10 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: Read Asap Read Asap

:
Originally posted by Rex Tirano
These were originally posted by Grid... the founder of the RPG in the old Forums
Do you speak with Grid still?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

11-20-2002, 05:03 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Re: Re: Read Asap Read Asap

:
Originally posted by Alcar
Do you speak with Grid still?

Alcar...
Sadly not but I'd like these rules to be followed.

11-22-2002, 03:44 AM
tybie_odd
Fuzzle

: Riverside, California, USA
: 144
tybie_odd  (10)

~The Poem of the Good Role Player~

Lying about HP and Moolah is a boogie,
Being truthful and honest in all things is a goodie!

Killing other players will get you nowhere soon,
Being fair and courteous is shining like the moon!

Words of hurt and cruelty are like a barking dog,
Using little *asterisks* is more the work of Odd!

The cost is 10,000 Moolah if you open a Shopple
The main story's re-written with char profiles, DOPPLE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

((ooc: not much, but it works!))
My RP cc's: Smudge | Jayne | Vince | Correl

Last edited by tybie_odd; 11-21-2002 at 07:51 PM..
12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Thats great people

12-16-2002, 03:17 AM
Latamire_Munch
Fuzzle

: Dec 2002
: Florida or somewhere like that
: 132
Latamire_Munch  (10)

I have a dog named Boogie, he lives on the moon........erm....DOPPLE!!!!
01-04-2003, 11:36 PM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

: May 2002
: In my own little world
: 818
oddling  (10)

One day when the moon was out, me nd my friend were playing outside whne my little brother ran over some dog poo with his trike. Then we dared him to sniff it and he doppled puke all over my friends shoe. PS: This is a true story

Oddling l:c l
"But why is the coffee gone?!!" Pillows of the Caribbean

01-05-2003, 06:50 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Ooo, I thing of Rachel when I read the rules.

How's the moderating taking up after Dragadon, now called Sl'Askia.

Who is actualy in the dessert. (she's in the U.S army).
She left a bit before christmass for 3 months.
I hope she return. Not that you guy's will ever meet good ol' Draggie again. *Raises sholders in a "Oh well" sort of way*
01-13-2003, 06:49 PM
cooldude
Bolamite

: Jan 2003
: Here im camped out right inbetween the Rpg and Oipt
: 63
cooldude  (10)

name: Crow

species: Icecarl Wilder

wepon of choice: gold chain

moolah:

description: extream resistance to fire and cold
heavily muscled blue skin

01-15-2003, 01:44 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

: -
: 162
FireFrog  (10)
Happy Um...

Cooldude... your spose to post that in Vykkers Labs...

01-15-2003, 01:12 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

Thas kool dud it happens. Im hoping frogger read the rules. hehe! man i gotta get a drink.

01-15-2003, 08:22 PM
cooldude
Bolamite

: Here im camped out right inbetween the Rpg and Oipt
: 63
cooldude  (10)

I know.......I know

01-21-2003, 10:09 PM
Abe's son
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Essex MA
: 1,331
Abe's son  (10)

boggie-moon-dog-dopple-thing...
01-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Darkest
Stingbee

: Mesa, Arizona
: 95
Darkest  (10)
Oddworld The Oddworld Council

Here we will decide the laws that will bind the RPG Forums forever!

The Roman Empire was a pure democracy, each person, even women and children, voted for laws and rights in their society. The voted for new buildings, chariot laws, wars, and such. We will follow in their footsteps with a pure democracy.

The law will be presented, and we will discuss it. If you have a better idea, display it out to see if people like it. Post suggestions and then allow others to vote for it.

***The 1st Law: Player Killing***

The Darkest Decision

Player Killing is allowed, and your player is allowed to be killed. However, there may be a few things that need to be considered before you die or kill another player.

1. Why do you want to kill the other character? There should be a good reason, not just that you hate the user.

2. Is it realistic that you kill the other character? It should be realistic. If he has a bigger gun, more powers, or uses a better move, look at your position and see if you character can stand it. If you post "I miraculously dodge every move and send a Fireball XXX-Character", then you will be punished and that post will be ignored. If you see yourself over powered, then you must let yourself die.

However, if the enemy you are facing is very powerful and it looks like you are going to die, and the enemy PMs you and says "You can kill me, just make it look heroic and say that you were hurt very bad." then you have the permission to.

Characters can be ressurected by other players or by their other characters, at Ressurection Shrines, for example. For a costly price of spooce, of course.

Post your ideas in formal manner, and try to use good spelling and writing to get your idea across. If you suggest something to another person's Decision, then they may edit it onto there or not.

Rise to the Democracy!
1. Every person active in this forum must vote! Unless...
1a. If someone does not care about any Decision... for example, if I did not care whether Player Killing was allowed or not allowed, then you DO NOT have to vote. You either vote or you don't at all.
2. Only one vote per person!
3. As many 'Decisions' as you like!
4. No outward flaming against other people.

The Official Forum Necromancer
and
The Darkest of them all...

01-24-2003, 02:14 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

FORGET I SAID ANYTHING:
Rex has moved your post to this topic so it's ok now

Last edited by FireFrog; 01-24-2003 at 10:16 PM..
01-24-2003, 11:46 AM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

So are we going to vote or what?

Rex, I don't think we should do it in this format, there are a lot of posts above the Oddworld Council and someone might not think anything here was important.

So... Player-Killing! Lets vote!

and

01-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

: Atlanta, Georgia
: 76
Shadestorm  (10)

I vote yes, we can always make new characters or get respawned at an altar. Plus there are some people I would like to kill.

I think player should also keep their items when they die, but maybe leave behind half their moolah?

I think that'd be cool.

Theres my vote

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

01-24-2003, 04:09 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

I say no to this rule. Becauseits just not right to kill off a character. (Unless it is one of your own)

01-25-2003, 06:18 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

Yeah, unless its ur own char or u have PERMISSION from the creator of the char, then no killing.

Killing = Bad

Killing another character is un-good.
(YEAH I KNOW I SAID UNGOOD!!!)

Mini Mod
--FireFrog

01-25-2003, 02:33 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

How about the character who dies keeps ALL their items and keeps ALL their Moolah, and is ressurected for FREE!

Ok, edit to my decision.

1. Character who dies keeps all their items.
2. Character who dies keeps all their Moolah.
3. Character who dies can be ressurected at a Ressurection Altar for FREE! They are ressurected right after they die.

So, the character never really dies, just appears at a Ressurection Altar. But, he starts with only half of his health, although it can be regained.

Rex, FireFrog, let's be realistic, characters shouldn't be immortal! That just makes a stupid RPG. This way, characters could die and still be alive!

It's not like I'm going to kill another character to be evil, just to have a good story. That's what we're all fighting for, a realistic, imaginative story!

2 against 2, its a tie, unless you guys change your vote.

and

01-26-2003, 04:15 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

I for one wont change my vote. I know we seem to disagree on everything Darkest, but if you get killed you tend not to like it as much.

If you got resurrected then thats also kinda stupid. When you rejoin the RPG everyone will have to go... "Oh, your back! I thought you were dead! Blablabla!"

I THINK UR ALL FORGETTING. This isnt a video game where things can be like that. This is basically a place where we just write stories and continue them together. We don't need to be killed, resurrected have statistics etc. When this RPG was started we didn't do ne of that and everybody was happy.

If someone feels the same as I do plz vote here.

Mini Mod
--FireFrog

01-26-2003, 06:28 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)
Inventory Addition

In addition to my other rule about inventory's, I've realised that for players who want to be say a rat, they can only hold one item so heres a new rule

ITEM STOCK PILE

Every character starts off without a stock pile. To activate your stock pile you must pay 50 MLA.

This gives u a level 1 stock pile which holds 5 items.

Lv2 - 10items
Lv3 - 15 items
Lv4 - 20 items

etc. all the way to Lv50 (250items). Now the items your character is carrying are the ones it can use. It can't use ones from the stock pile unless...

1) They take an item out of their stock pile and into their inventory
2) They take an item out of their stock pile and give to their pet (who must be with them on the same quest)
3) In the case that inventories are full you must swap an item from your inventory for an item in your stock pile. I think thats fair.

Last edited by FireFrog; 01-26-2003 at 06:10 PM..
01-26-2003, 01:50 PM
Shadestorm
Stingbee

: Atlanta, Georgia
: 76
Shadestorm  (10)
Post Yeah...

I like the stock pile thing FireFrog. If I can vote on it, I will now.

As for player killing; what if a character is evil? Shouldn't a big part of the story be about killing the bad-guy?

I think it should work like this:
You may only kill someone opposite of your Quarma.
And, that only goes if: The user playing that character has another character to resort to.

Then, you still have one character you can play with while your other character finds his way back.

Good?

------------
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing.

01-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

My character's goal is to kill another character. He is a pretty bad guy, so I will be able to hurt, yet not kill, a lot of characters, and then the monsters will finish them off.

Ok, then, how about this.

You can only kill another guy when the two players, one of the killer and one of the killed, agrees on killing eachother.

So killing is possible, but both players have to agree about it.

***Edit***
After reading Shade's post, that may be the best way. I'm glad we have a guy like Shadestorm who can be such a good diplomat.

and

01-27-2003, 01:09 AM
FireFrog
Thudslug

FireFrog  (10)

Well what I mean is. Even if the character is bad, if it's owned by someone else, then u shouldnt be able to kill it without their permission. If YOU own the character, by all means KILL KILL KILL!!!

01-27-2003, 01:27 AM
Darkest
Stingbee

Darkest  (10)

I can agree to that. Ok, this is our law!

Shadestorm, make a thing on your site that says The Laws of Oddworld. And put this on it.

---The First Law of Player Killing---

Two players may kill eachother in a certain condition. Both players must agree that one of their characters will die. When undergoing a battle, and a player wishes to kill another character of opposite control, then the other player must agree through Private Messaging that it is okay to kill that character off.

If a player wants his character to kill another one of his character's, then it is allowed to kill that character off.

There may be no unexpected killing in any way, and both players, the Killer and the Killed must decide on the killing of the character. This is the First Law of Player Killing that has been decided by the Oddworld Council.

and