Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2004
: Paramonia!
: 285
Killa_47  (10)
Mad Euro 2004.

Portugal 3 vs 2 England. (P)

England are officialy out all because some switz referee who cannot see the ball when we scored the goal dissalowes it!
We should have won because of that goal CLEARLY and now i'm very angry!
I live in England and like all people in England right now are angry!
It went to penalties and they should have swopped penaltie spots because the turf was un-even after Beckham took his Penaltie that he missed.

We lost on penalties.

Very Angry i am now!

06-24-2004, 12:10 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I'm from England, and i find a bunch of straight men crying like a bunch of 6 year old girls, over a football game, is rather amusing. Excuse me whilst i laugh...repeatedly.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Wolfpac
Hoodie Patrol

: May 2001
: Take a Seat!
: 800
Wolfpac  (11)

So since England got knocked-out in yet another tournament does this mean that the fans are going to riot again?

But on performance England should have won Euro 04. But now France should take it out.

06-24-2004, 10:29 PM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

:
i find a bunch of straight men crying like a bunch of 6 year old girls, over a football game, is rather amusing.
Perhaps if the epitamy of straight men was not primate-like grunts of 'WOMEN! BEER! FIGHT! FOOOTY!' then it wouldn't be so amusing.

I'm really disappointed, we lost because the ref cheated. Very unfair.

06-24-2004, 10:44 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)

:
I'm really disappointed, we lost because the ref cheated. Very unfair.
To be honest I originally though the Swiss b*stard was on the Portugal payroll but after seeing the replays.. There is a blatant arm (Lampard's) resting and pushing down on the goal keeper's shoulder... it was an obstrustion and therefore justified!

Basically we were s**t! You can't base a whole international side and game plan on the performance of an 18 year old Shrek look-a-like... even if he is the "boy wonder"!

And what the f**k were we doing defending after going only 1 up!?! Erickson wants his brains examining... his tactics were wrong... we needed to hammer home at least 3 in the first half to make sure there'd be no reprisals!

And then in extra time... there is no way Owen can actually trap and carry on with the quality of service he was getting... the lad could easily follow through with an 18 yard GROUND PASS but in the heat and with our s**t fittness there's no way he'll be able to chase and control the VOLLEYS that were being placed his way!

The number of defenders on the pitch was ridiculous! We didn't look or play like a team... we weren't hungry enough for a win... far too many over paid over sexed... scared to get a broken leg bunch of nancies... I mean Beckham... where the f**k was he? What was he doing... f**k all basically!

And the penas... Jesus... I wish Beckham was a national for Brazil... he'd be dead by now... an execution!

Rant over!
06-25-2004, 02:27 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

Esus  (10)

Wasn't it Terry's arm? And it was only over the keepers shoulder because the keeper ran into campbell and terry, and jumped up underneath him. It wasn't Terry's fault.

06-25-2004, 03:13 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)

:
Wasn't it Terry's arm? And it was only over the keepers shoulder because the keeper ran into campbell and terry, and jumped up underneath him. It wasn't Terry's fault.
Terry.. Lampard... both equally over priced numpties... it doesn't matter who's fault it was... there was obstrustion... intentional or not... I can see the ref's point of view..
06-25-2004, 03:30 AM
Shinjara
Thudslug

: Jan 2002
: Cumbria, England
: 171
Shinjara  (10)

Perhaps now England are out, there will be a disappearance of those terrible car flags.

I watched some of the game & in agreement with ClaireBear I saw the obstruction. We were terrible and I knew we'd lose. I was actually laughing when we lost in the end. Oh dear.

I suppose theres always next time.
06-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

:
Terry.. Lampard... both equally over priced numpties... it doesn't matter who's fault it was... there was obstrustion... intentional or not... I can see the ref's point of view..
Yeh but even though the Referee had absolutely NO VIEW of the obstruction and the lines man on the far side was closer and he let it go.
It must be because we knocked the Switz out wiv a 3-0 win.

I'm still very very annoyed!
And also im a 13 year old straight kid and i was in tears myself cause its that emmotional at times.
Also my dad is on his way home from portugal after watching the game.

Also i'm bringing up the case about the penaltie spot.
After beck's penaltie we should have played on the other end the ref could see the state it was in!

06-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

Esus  (10)

The penalty spot was just as bad on the other end of the pitch, its because it's a sand based pitch.

06-25-2004, 12:13 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
I live in England and like all people in England right now are angry!
I would just like to disengage myself from any such duty. *tries desperately not to offend anyone* Sport may indeed be preferable to war, but the fact that being angry at the referee seems to go hand in hand with calling him Swiss as if it were an insult just goes to show it's an inadequate solution. *leaves and never comes back to read responses*

06-25-2004, 03:02 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

In my opinion, Urs Meier is a complete git. That goal was CLEARLY in!! Although I belive that England could of played a lot better then they should. And if they had, maybe this whole mess wouldn't of happened. . .

However, maybe something we should all remember is that it is just a game. I know it means a hell of a lot to some people (and I've been sucked into it! Help me someone!), but the fact that England are out of the tornament doesn't really matter, does it?
The point is that we all had fun watching our team play in the tournament, didn't we? And I know the decision against the goal that should've been in was VERY contrivirtail(SP), but why are we such sore loosers? ITV news, for example, were encouraging viewers to leave nasty comments on the referee's home page:
http://www.ursmeier.ch/referee/
I thought it was very funny.
- DH

06-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

Esus  (10)

According to 'The Sun', the referee apoligised to Sven for disallowing the goal - he shouldn't have

He is now newly dubbed the 'Swiss Banker' - rather amusing.

06-26-2004, 01:42 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Well, since my froggy caunty is also participating, I can't realy say im sorry for england ofcourse. Though you guys are right, that was a rightfull goal. And a real bueatifull one if it counted.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

Last edited by Havoc; 06-26-2004 at 07:19 AM..
06-26-2004, 03:00 AM
mudokon
Stingbee

: a nice place
: 85
mudokon  (10)

yeah, why did the ref say that the header wasn't proper. he scored fair and square! (btw we brits love football like americans like american football)

06-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

Killa_47  (10)

Damn right mud the goal clearly was in at the very end........3-2 to England......WE should have won but like i say i still blame the ref and yes the sun said he apologised for being unfair and he has favouritism......At least he will not ref any matches in this years Euro 2004...so at least the final will be fair...........

P.S. France are out...

06-26-2004, 10:30 AM
spike 247
Thudslug

: Feb 2003
: Uxbridge,london,England
: 192
spike 247  (10)

Everywere I go people are slagging off Becks and Sven. In the paper, news and even people. Would there be all of this if we had won?

Yeah beckham played crap, but one penalty missed, you can't then say that he shouldn't be captain anymore (which I saw on the news). Sven should've replaced Gerrard with Dyer or Joe Cole, but Phil Neville, it's like he was mocking Portugal.

With the Campbell GOAL that the Ref wouldn't allow it because of a foul on Ricardo, if it was a foul, it should've been a goal kick, but instead, a Portugal player got the ball and ran for goal.

There's nothing anyone can do about it now. Good thing we didn't win, Rooney's out for a month now.

Look on the bright side everybody, with France out, it's anybody's game, so it should be very exciting.

06-26-2004, 03:35 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

Yeah, as my friend Matt said, the French Frogs got Greeced up. Mwa-ha-ha-ha! Get it?
*gets odd looks* *sighs* Oh, never mind.
- DH