Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

05-27-2010, 03:12 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on much. Been busy with finals. I'll try to catch up with out being too long (not likely, but hopefully). Note, most of this next post is recap of what has happened around Ark, I'll mark the place where he does something new.

IC: Ark was about to bring another point forward to the group of three when his tattoos started flashing erratically. He than felt something approaching, a feeling that he had felt around Teo a lot.

Ark was pondering the nature of his tattoos and the feeling he had, when suddenly a bright flash of light momentary blinded him. Looking around the room he saw the Mudokon that had helped him out of his caged, lying on the floor, seemingly unconscious. None of this really surprised Ark, after the initial shock, he had seen a lot weirder on a day to day basis. No, he was much more concerned about the female Mudokon, and why his tattoos glowed brighter on the areas that where closer to her.

He was still wrapped in thought as the group had a frantic discussion between them, causing particular details to stand out for Ark:

'Some Mudokon, named Anni (another female Mudokon? What is up with this place?) was in trouble. Seemingly simple.'

Hearing the Big Bro come up with a loose plan, Ark brought back his focus to the current event happening around him. Which was too little, too late, as he saw the Big Bro run out, followed by the Dark Skinned Mudokon.

*Ark's Mental Events (Recap) Over*

Arks tattoos flashed once more, before dying down to their usual black, as a chill seemed to come over the new comer followed by her becoming very still for a while. Ark had seen very similar events before, and knew what had just happened to her.

Looking around the room, Ark saw the 'good' Vykkers bag still laying on the ground, and rushed over to grab. Turning around, Ark put his hand on the Mudokons shoulder, and softly said, "I don't know what you just saw, but it'll be fine. Just stay somewhere safe and rest, OK?"

He than proceeded to rush out and catch up with the Big Bro as it reached the left. Coming up to a stop next to the Slig, Ark help up the bag giving a brief explanation, "Who Knows? It might come in handy."

The Slig than stated pulling on the rope, sending them down to the ground floor. As it did, Ark noticed that the same thing that had happened with his tattoos before, was happening again; where one area was brighter than the others, and the glow seemed to get dimmer the farther away from the point is was.

When the reached the end of the ride and stepped off the lift, Ark gave a couple half turns, and realized (much like with Hembar) the brighter glowing section seemed to point to something.

Seeing the other Mudokon look slightly lost, Ark said, "It might not be much to go on; but maybe we should follow where my tattoos are pointing."

OOC:Long, yes, and I'm sorry. But at least it brings Ark into the present.

05-27-2010, 09:00 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Well since that has provided a handy solution, I'll edit the less convincing solution out of my last post

IC:
Dionysia spun round to face Ark, and stared. "Good Odd," She muttered, "How many of the muds here aren't natives?!" This place was crazy! She was just glad the vykkers couldn't see all this, or she would be in so much trouble! She was supposed to catch native mudokons but this place seemed to be infested with them!
BBut hang on, hadn't she seen this one before?
She pushed aside her concerns; it didn't matter any more, did it? "Alright then," She said to Ark, rather exasperatedly, "Lead the way!"

05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: "You got that right. We got you covered. Hmmm..." Borso sniffed and could smell some gasoline. Perhaps a mechanical device nearby in need of oil.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

05-31-2010, 03:26 PM
Crescent
Chippunk

: Mar 2010
: UK
: 24
Crescent  (25)
Happy

:
IC:

--------Flad--------

"This guy sure likes dancing" Flad thought smiling, "how can a guy be so happy in a place like Mudos?" still thinking to himself. "Alright then off we go" Flad said and began to leave when he saw KK7 fiddling with some things further down the room "Hey! ...Um" thinking back Flad realised he did not know the other Slig's name "We're off to the boss' office. You comin along?"

he waited for a reply and left R+R his rusty pants' squeking echoed a small distance down the corridor once again. "I really need to see to these" he thought as he was walking

(Cheers for helping and I'm sorry is late busy life currently ^^;;; )

*Mindy sweat dropped slightly* y-yes... ahem... That be smashing if you could show me this place a forest of metal been lost for odd knows.
06-03-2010, 02:49 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

: Nov 2009
: The Flipped Noodle
: 394
slig# 5719  (64)

OOC:
@Crescent

Uh-oh misunderstanding alert that post you quoted was Flad talking to KK7 (although the Sligpants echoing through the corridor part was aimed at Mindy )

This post was for you:
:
IC:
---------Slen--------
...he began to wander the corridor towards the stairs he fell down earlier when a Slig (Mindy) walked around the corner just in front of him. Slen gave out a yell and fell backwards.
But Slen's left Mindy now so it doesn't really matter Now to go IC before you get away

IC:

------Flad------

Flad waited along with Borso and KK7 for the lift, which seemed to be taking longer than usual when a timid voice caught his attention. He turned around to find another Slig had approached them, a female Slig. "There are strange coloured female Muds around here" Flad thought to himself "of course there'd be strange coloured female Sligs too."
"Umm... Hi, name's Flad" he said aloud, he had never spoken to a female Slig before, only fellow drones like himself. "We heard something from the floor below and are going to go check it out, wanna come?"

My DA page.

06-04-2010, 04:36 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: I actual can't remember if Ark ever learned Dionysia name or not.

IC: Ignoring the Mudokons quiet comments, Ark simply nodded in reply. Ark than turned and said to the Big-Bro Slig,

"Looks like we're following my creepy, mysterious, tattoos; alright right? Right. This way."

Ark held out his arm to get a better idea of which direction they glowed at, and started off a quick pace down a corridor. Which, after a much shorter time than Ark expected, caused Ark to behold a rather strange sight.

He saw two Mudokon lying on the ground; this was somewhat expected. He saw a Slig standing not to far away; this was also somewhat expected. But what he did not expect to see was a little, oddly colored, female Mudokon seemingly torture a Vykker like a predator played with its pry before a kill, using some sort of mystical and strong powers.

It was at this moment that Ark's tattoos, for lack of a better statement, decided to freak out. Rather than just glowing, they set themselves ablaze; leaving almost a white aura when ever they moved.

"Well, this is new," Ark stated to his two quasi-companions (in a voice that had a faint internal echo that he normally only had while chanting) as he gestured both to himself and the young Mudokon that seemed possessed by a entity of ill origins and intent.

OOC:
Now I'm going to go on a slight rant explaining something about Ark and his tattoos. There is a reason why they never seem to go back to their 'natural' black state for very long. Having dark tattoos that help hide Ark and allow him to sneak around more easily I thought was poor character choice on my brother's part.
More over, Ark is a shaman in training and is on something of a 'spirit quest' that he doesn't even understand. He is quite sensitive to mystic energies, and his tattoos are more of a living, physical representation of his powers. They normally react steadily to the natural world, and mystic energy; but Ark has been isolated from that kind of environment for a while, so they're reacting slightly stronger than they normally would in this situation. I plan on having them die down for a bit after this event.

One more thing, I'm going to be offline for 35 some hours as I fly back over to the states from Thailand and get settled in. I don't think it will effect anyone, but just in case.

06-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Well, they do say that discretion is the better part of valour.

(Whatever that means.)

IC:
Anni was aware of heat and darkness. Then her eyes seemed to open, though her eyelids were already apart, and she stared dumbly at Emlech, sprawled out on the ground before her. He wasn't bleeding, and yet his skin was deeply scarred and his arms twisted at odd angles. The last vestiges of her anger faded and fear began to run into her; what had she done?

Dionysia's eyes flickered between the distraction that was Ark's disco tattoos and the vykker falling down and sprawling to the ground. But when she saw Anni seem to crumple in on herself and stagger back from the vykker, she made up her mind, ran down the corridor and caught Anni by the arm. The girl jerked and tried to pull away.
"It's alright," Dionysia muttered, "We're getting out of here."
"Wha?" Anni gaped at her dumbly.
Dionysia swallowed her pride, swallowed the hope that this might all be a bad dream and said, "Vykkers are going to kill me, too. I'm leaving and you're coming with me."
"I... I..." She stuttered, then pointed at the vykker on the floor.
A million questions welled up in Dionysia but she pushed them down; if she didn't sort this out now the girl might never leave. And she had two weeks left in which to ask all the questions she needed. And the native had said she had to save Anni; would a native want the girl unleashed on the outside world if she was dangerous?
'Unless she expects you both to die, and wants you both out of the way.'

Ignoring her worries and holding Anni tightly by the wrist, fearing she might try and run away, she turned back to Ark and Dbreak, "Right, let's get out of here."

06-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

: Jan 2010
: Spain-Cantabria-Castro.Urdiale
: 69
Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

*OOC*

Hey people x3 hope you dont mind but I have exams tomorrow and the day after (have been studying AND failing but I am trying). I will post on friday (dunno when since I am in Spain and dont know which hour will it be for you) and I am sorry for doing it so late but school is being a b*censored* since I will have to go till day 21 instead of having vacations already.
My fault, I was lazy, I pay for it.
See you soon though!
-Half the world then?
Shut up and get me some skulls...

DA:
http://headhunterentertain.deviantart.com/

06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

IC: 'Female sligs?', Borso thought. Well Borso did hear rumors of multi-coloured Sligs living in the wild, but maybe that was just hearsay. "Nice to meet you ma'am. I'm Borso!" Borso gave the female slig a salute and awaited her response. Borso looked towards KK7, "Any ideas?"

[B]
floofyderg.live

06-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***
Sorry, things didnโ€™t go out as planed in the end

***IC (Dbreak)***

He had been fallowing the Mudokons with really not intention to interfere if anything happened (Except if it was needed) and let the black Mudokon girl show what she could do, though it seemed little had to be done here anyway.

โ€œWell since it was said this is the ground floorโ€ฆ I think if the animal pens are close we can get out of here by themโ€ He stated โ€œI doubt there will be anyone watching near them except if there is a problem in the fences and I HOPE that is not the case, but you decideโ€ The big Bro pointed at the black Mudokon โ€œYou should know a good escape route hereโ€

Looking around though he saw that there was a pair of Mudokons downed so the first thing he thought (and did) was at least taking them up. He tried to be careful as he handled them since he didnโ€™t know their status but it was far better than leave them on the ground.

โ€œNow that is betterโ€ฆ So letโ€™s get our asses out of here, hmm?โ€

***KK7***

Gulping down KK7 got behind the other two Sligs as he was trembling right now. He didnโ€™t like female Sligs, he wouldnโ€™t tell anyone why but he was always nervous around anyone of his species that sported a more โ€˜sheโ€™ side.

โ€œI would love to chat nowโ€ฆ But I think we were going to take a look at something?โ€ He asked nervously, gulping down yet again as he felt like he was hyperventilating โ€œRight now? Pretty please?... Canโ€ฆ we move along?โ€ He pleaded.
-Half the world then?

DA:

06-17-2010, 09:40 AM
timlord
Zappfly

: Jun 2010
: england
: 8
timlord  (10)
hello

OOC-
name:nerple
race:mudokon

Appearance:is a slight shade of purple due to vykker expeiment (Failed) has orange-gold hair tyed up shortly and very low, as well as a brown loincloth,he is very slim like most muds.

Personality:is normaly kind and does not under-stand nor detect sarcasm,is loyle and a hard worker.but is easly frustrated

Equipment:1 loincloth(brown),1 hair/feather band(black)

History:nerple was a little hachling in a native tribe when he was kidnaped and sold to the Vykker's Conglomerate and was exprimented on to enlong life and make him Huge.but it failed,life was expected to be only 30 and not the normal of 40 (if it was human 30 whoad be 60,40=80 ) and he terned a slight shade of purple. due to this he was sent to the Magog Cartel to work in a sign of good will between the groups
(is this ok for a 1st ever rp?)

Last edited by timlord; 06-19-2010 at 06:24 AM..
06-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Splat

ooc: Hi, Timlord. Sounds good, though I always imagined 40 for mudokons being more like 80 for humans, since 80 is about the human life expectancy Not to be pedantic or anything.
Just remember to check the RPG rules if you haven't already, and remember when you join W@RF that your character needs to arrive at the factory; most people come in by train. Otherwise, have fun and good luck.

Was gonna wait for Ark before posting IC, but it's been a while...

IC:
"There's the gate to the side of the stockyards," Dionysia pointed out. "If we went out through the warehouse, we could get out without going near the front of the factory."

ooc: Ok, sorry it was rather short. But it sort of adds motion to things, so...

06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
timlord
Zappfly

timlord  (10)

Ooc-
Ok thanks for the feed back splat.
iv read the rules.But all ways thought humans lived for 100 years plus,
o-well (i have edited it now ),on with the roleplay.

Ic-
The new mudukon steped lightly off the very big train;with a smile accros his face.The train left suddenly leving him there alown,still smiling but with a little less enthusiasm he headed to the door way and whent throw.

"Now which way am i ment to go?" he thought puzzled and suddenly decided to go right,(down on the map) and walked of leaving his own thoughts to wander freely but all the same smiling as he walked slowly down the hall.

Suddenly he saw some thing up ahed "Are those some sligs?!"
he thought,trembling from head to foot, in alarm "thay are ment to be realy mean!"as he walked,now very quetly down the hall.Awere that he may be in trubble before he even tryed to get a job.

Ooc- I hope thats ok....

Last edited by timlord; 06-19-2010 at 06:26 AM..
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:

-----Flad-----

"Yes we'd better go check it out before whatever it is gets away." Flad replied to KK7 who appeared to develop a phobia of the female Slig.
The lift then reached the first floor "About time." He said and was about to enter when he noticed a purple Mudokon walking along the corridor. "Another wierd coloured Mudokon" he thought "are there any ordinary ones around here?" Flad entered the main lift "lets get going, and purple guy" he called to the Mudokon "if you haven't got anything important to do you can tag along with us. Trying to sneak around us Sligs is a bit suspicious to me." he waited for everyone to get onto the lift before pulling it down to the ground floor.

-----Slen-----

Slen continued to wander the corridors of the Ground floor when he was startled by a noise from behind him, the main lift doors began to open. Slen quickly dived around the nearest corner and found himself at the entrance of the factory and opposite that, the cafeteria "Finally!" he thought, checked that nobody had come out of the lift yet and ran into the cafeteria. "Phew, that was close!" He began to search the cafeteria but he didn't find any Scrab legs until he looked into a refridgeration unit filled with leftovers in the kitchen.
After many failed attempts to carry both the leg and a glass of water in one hand Slen discovered that he could carry the leg over his shoulder "if my arm wasn't broken this would be so much easier" he thought to himself beginning to make his way back to the lab cells.

My DA page.

06-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comtรฉ, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

After telling the Glukkon everything he needed to know, SU-01, in his holographic slig form, just waited for Arnie's reaction. Then, the holo-projector, still floating mid-air emitted a little noise.

" Excuse me please, I have an incoming transmission, I'll be right back...".
The slig disappeared, being replaced by a spinning Vykkers Robotic Labs Dpt. logo. Back in his robotic interface, a chat window had opened up.

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : I am contacting you now on the demand of the professor. He is quite busy now but he wanted you to know we just found the cause of your repeated malfunctions.

Security Unit -01 : Perfect, then. May I ask what the problem is ?

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : Well it seems that your ECC suffer a manufacturing defect resulting in your systems to grow unstable.

Security Unit -01 : OK. Can it be repared or replaced ?

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : It is not possible at the moment. We are working on it though. As you know, it is directly linked to your quantic core, where all your brain data has been transfered. And you already know that everything that is quantic-related is expensive and extremely fragile. It would take weeks to shut you down, back up every single byte of your memory, replace your defective ECC safely, then re-transfert your data inside your armor. Plus, that component is really expensive and we do not have enough material to produce another one in a reasonable amount of time.

Security Unit -01 : Is there a way to bypass the problem then ? Should I turn it off manually or something ?

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : That would be the least thing to do. You would completely lose control of your body and weaponry. The famous unhandled error #002...

Security Unit -01 : I see...And I certainly don't want a #002 to occur where I am now...

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : What the professor recommend you to do is to avoid any "stressfull or emotional" situation. Anything that would cause an organic being to feel such emotions.

Security Unit -01 : Alright, but I am not organic right ?

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : Yes, but your quantic core contain data extracted from your former body, who was organic. This kind of data react the same way. And if you find yourself in such a situation, your best move is to either try to "stay calm" and if that don't work, then kill all your process and shut down as fast as you can.

Security Unit -01 : OK. Anything else ?

Vykker Assistant # 19062010 : That's it for now. You will be contacted again when we found a workaround. Be careful nothing nasty happens.

[Transmission terminated]

A few seconds later, the holographic slig had reappeared in the Glukkon's office.

"Excuse me. I hope I didn't make you wait too long. Well, I think you know everything about me now. If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them."

He got up, and took a few steps towards the door.

"Now and with your permission, I will resume my patrolling duty"

He faked pushing a button on the door console while remotely opening the door via the factory security system. He got out of the office, suddenly disappeared and the levitating module went back at its place on the robotic armor, waiting outside. A few seconds later, its eyes turned green and the robot stood up, back online.

-----OOC-----

I'll just go ahead and leave this sector. If Arnie want me to stay a little longer in his office, then I'll edit my post accordingly.

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 06-21-2010 at 12:44 AM..
06-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Splat

ooc:
Dear Everybody.

Please note;
If you are find yourself struggling to find enough time to post in this RPG, you may wish to try the following method of taking less time with your W@RF involvement:

MAKE YOUR POSTS SHORTER.

Alright, mid-length posts are good, but between one-or-two paragraph posts and no posts at all, I know which I would find preferable.

06-27-2010, 12:59 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Who dares to summon me from my eternal sleep?! *thunder*

Oh. OK, posting. Still, reading back does take quite an amount of time, no matter how long one's actual post is.

------------------------------------

#7 Slig lay next to the wall, not too far from Anni and the others, rendered unconscious by the mighty blow delivered by the Mudokon. There was only an occasional twitch in his mechanical legs.

------------------------------------

RG was eyeing the proceedings in the ground floor hallways on one of the security screens. He was processing the events he just witnessed, trying to formulate a proper response - of course, he had to respond. The young female Mudokon proved herself to be a major threat, being capable of using powers the robot never seen before. He was prepared for the average Mudokon powers like chanting, but the dark aura that surrounded Anni just a few moments before was something different.

Otto was still in the Security Office, but apparently was not interested in the proceedings. He was sitting on one of the chairs, not doing anything in particular.

"I have to leave now for a while, Glukkon organic." said RG.

"As you please." said Otto, unconcerned. Then, as an afterthought, he added. "You know, I'd appreciate it if you finally learned and used my name. I'm not exactly some low-class slave around here that you can treat like dirt."

"Request noted, and will be processed." said RG, not paying the slightest attention to Otto's preferences about his name. With that, he left the Office, retrieving his rifle from its holster.

06-28-2010, 05:31 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

IC: Borso thought it would be better for him to get between KK7 and the female Slig, to create a sort of natural barrier between them. Borso helps Flad with the lift until it reaches the right floor. He carefully clicked the locking mechanism and stepped outside onto the gangway. "Come on folks"

[B]
floofyderg.live

07-01-2010, 02:53 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)

***OOC***

Ok :3 havenโ€™t been around for two reasons:

1ยบ Problems at home (My parents are pissed at me ). Something I will not delve much into since no one is interested in my private life (I hopeโ€ฆ).

2ยบ Was waiting for Arkanzor to say something but I suppose it will have to do with the supposed fact he fallows the bunch of misfits out of here x3.

Also this will be pretty short.

***IC (Dbreak)***

The big bro got a firm grip on the downed Mudokons as he looked around, not entirely sure as to where to go right nowโ€ฆ So again it would be the black girl leading which, really, didnโ€™t trill him. This already seemed to be a mess.

โ€œWell then you lead againโ€ He pointed out the obvious โ€œOnly thing is that I HOPE that no one is there, reallyโ€ the slig mumbled something and then continued โ€œI will fallow you so better lets run before someone gets here and our luck streak is shot downโ€

***KK7***

Thanked Borso silently as he moved with him very slowly inside the elevator in hopes to make some distance between him and the she slig.

โ€œWellโ€ฆ bye bye thereโ€ He said timidly in hopes of getting out of there fastโ€ฆ so as right now!
-Half the world then?

DA:

07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

arkaznor  (18)

OOC: Sorry for my lack of posting, I've been busy trying to schedule a endoscopy among other health related things.

IC: Ark listened to the Slig, and shrugged in response.

He followed up the action by saying, still in that echo-y voice, "I don't know if I can lead us out of here. I still don't know my way around all to well, and my tattoos aren't pointing us in a direction anymore. I suspect they were reacting to that little one, rather than my will."

Ark took stoke of the present company.

"Lets get going before anyone wakes up or comes looking. Once outside I can contact some friends if you need help after that; since I can help you for a bit, but I have to return to this side of society pretty soon."

07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comtรฉ, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

SU-01 had resumed his patrol duty. He wanted to stop by the security-related room of the factory : the Security Office. Maybe he could unlock some more cameras from here. When he opened the door, he saw a Glukkon he recognized to be the Boss assistant, sitting on a chair.

"Good day mister. I am here to do a checkup of the factory's security systems."

He scanned the room and found the main terminal. Some minutes later, after he tried to reboot a few cameras and detectors, SU-01 concluded there was nothing more to be done. So he just browsed the cameras around the factory.

"Seems like everything is normal...Sligs, mudokons, some more sligs, a dead Vikker and a knocked Slig... Hold on...What ?"

He zoomed as far as the camera lens allowed it. There was a Vikker corpse in the middle of a hall, in front of a closed door. On the wall facing the camera, he could clearly see a slig lying on the ground. He could also see right next to the Vikker, a Mudokon who had received the same kind of treatment.

"Isn't that the Vikker who asked me where Anni was ? He was also escorted by a slig...But what happened ? And where is she in the first place ?"

He switched between the cameras so fast that only a robot could follow up.

"Got you..."

He had spotted Anni's pink silhouette among some other he couldn't clearly identify.

"And where do you think you're going ?" he thought.

In the corridor where Anni and her rather odd "escort" was, the cold voice of the robot was heard :

"This is SU-01. You have been identified as potentials threats. Please stop right where you are and wait for me to arrive at your location. Failure to comply will result in activation of lethal defense systems and "shot-on-sight" rule of engagement. Do not attempt to escape. You are being watched."

With that he got out of the room. Before leaving, he added to the Glukkon :

"I don't know what your protocols are in such a situation, but we have three casualties on the ground floor. I will let you take care of it, I have an other crisis situation to deal with right now."

He then hovered as fast as he could toward the last known position of the "fugitives".

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 07-15-2010 at 04:07 AM..
07-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Splat

Dionysia was about to reply to Ark's (vaguely terrifying) offer (she couldn't make herself trust natives - at least natives living in the wild - which seemed unfortunate considering what was about to happen, but she had to get Anni to safety) when SU's message echoed over their heads.
"I guess that decides it; there aren't any dangerous security systems inside the factory, or at least any that work, so let's go!" Still dragging Anni behind her, who seemed to be in some sort of unresponsive shock, she ran towards the warehouse, expecting the others to follow. They could get out through the slaughter room without running into trouble, as the doors there weren't automated like the main entrance.

ooc: Ark or Uros, feel free to take them out to the stockyards when you post if you want. The map in the first post will tell you where they're headed and where the big gate out of the stockyards is.

07-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Oh hai guys

IC:

Ark: "I don't know what you just saw, but it'll be fine. Just stay somewhere safe and rest, OK?"

Suddenly feeling very weak again, Hembar just nodded as the other mudokon quickly ran after the slig and the dark mudokon.
She wasn't sure what had happened to the meech, but she couldn't go looking for it in her current state. So she did the only thing she really could do; sitting down on the floor, she drifted off into meditation, hoping that she would be able to heal herself that way.

<●-●-●-●-●>

As for Ralph, not much was happening really. A lot was happening around him, but unfortunately he wasn't able to notice, let alone react to it.

07-07-2010, 07:33 AM
timlord
Zappfly

timlord  (10)

Ic:

As the slig talked to him he had a cold serge of anger corcing throw him
"Purple guy!!!!"he thourt but at the same time sligs are scary and had guns as well as mean but this one semed nicer so he reluctently agread "O...ok then..." he said with a shakey voice,as he steped into the wooden elivator.
--------
As time whent by in the elivator seconds felt like hours to nerple traped in an elivater with nasty sligs "but one of them seemed afrade of the other...probably some higharacy" he thourt with a kind of ammusment
evenchaly the elivator stoped and some of the sigs got out,fealing as if he was stuck in a cage with only one way out he hurried over there but triped over an unseen object.... a type of metal thing that was long but thin before bashing his head in to the wall. . .
07-07-2010, 11:22 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

IC:
Carefully picking his way through winding corridors, Crunchy struggled to try and stay as inconspicuous as possible while still keeping track of the now quickly fading spirit trails. If he didn't find his companion (Hembar) quickly, he'd be completely lost again. He hesitantly raised a claw to his snout. His head hurt.

Suddenly, from an unkowable distance across the factory, he felt something. His senses seemed clearer, and a concience glowed dimly in the distance. The trails abruptly flared up again. Strange or not, the mudokon was better than being alone in a slaughterhouse. He quickened his pace.

Last edited by MeechMunchie; 07-07-2010 at 11:24 AM..
07-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Uros Osium Tokker
Bolamite

Uros Osium Tokker  (19)
Ima f***ed x3

***OOC***

Hey guys, let me be fast ok? Around a week ago my pc got fried thanks to a power outage in the city and I lost most my things PLUS I cant be around almost at all... I could 'borrow' my sis's for a bit to post this.

So...

Splat do you mind taking getting my guys into motion while I am away? It souldnt be more than two weeks but I need some new pieces and it may take a while.

Sorry guys T_T

Uros out for at least a week.
-Half the world then?

DA:

07-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Splat

ooc: k...

Dionysia, Anni and the group ran through the factory and came to the slaughter room, which fortunately wasn't being used today. The room was decidedly messy and unpleasant. The doors at the back were bolted, which Dionysia let go of Anni's hand to unlock.

Anni looked around dazedly, sinking back against the wall.
"Ok," Dionysia said, swinging the doors open, letting daylight and fresh air flood the room, "There's the big gate out there that needs a slig voicelock to open, if you can do that." She addressed this to Dbreak. (Fairly sure she doesn't know his name). She turned to Anni and looked at her expectantly.

Anni looked torn. A year or two ago, this had been her dream, to go out of that gate and see what was out there. But she always imagined herself coming back. To run away, as a... She shuddered, as a murderer! The image of Emlech on the floor filled her head until Dionysia grabbed her wrist, breaking her reverie.
"Come on. You need to stay calm."
Dionysia led her carefully out into the stockyards and towards the gate, waiting for Dbreak to open it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Lying in the corridor where Anni had killed Emlech, Jim began to stir. His eyes opened gummily and he found himself looking towards an unconscious slig, and beyond him an immobile Ralph. He felt a gnawing fear that he should move before the slig woke up, and... there was something else, something that had happened... His memory was cloudy. He would work it out soon, but now he closed his eyes and focussed on just breathing for a while.

ooc: To those who may be interested, I am now updating my Oddworld story again. It will soon(ish) be telling the stories of Anni and Dionysia after they leave W@RF. So yeah. If you're interested in what happens next, or where they came from before W@RF, the link is in my sig.

Last edited by Splat; 07-13-2010 at 03:28 PM..
07-14-2010, 02:05 PM
slig# 5719
Spark Stunk

slig# 5719  (64)

IC:

-----Flad & Slen-----

Flad and Borso worked together to pull the lift down to the ground floor. Borso was the first to exit the lift and Flad thought it would be best to hurry. "If there's anyone down here who shouldn't be I'd say they would have run to-" *SLAM* he turned around and discovered Nurple in a heap on the floor after tripping over an old pipe "You alright there?" Flad asked, going to help the Mudokon up "There's rubbish lying all over this factory"

Slen was incredibly pleased with himself for finding the cafeteria and the food and water all on his own. So much so that he began humming to himself tunelessly, he had completly forgotten about the Sligs he saw earlier and wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings. Unfortunatly these group of activities din't act in Slen's favour and he almost walked straight into the group before he realised what he was doing "Oh! Um...hi, you guys arn't looking for me are you?" he said nervously.

"Not unless your the one making a load of noise down here" Flad replied. "No, not me...but I heard something down that way." Slen said pointing down the corridor towards the old part of the factory (or the closest thing to pointing he could manage while holding some water and a scrab leg with a broken arm). "Sounded like someone was beat-" Slen then realised he was about to start talking about Slig beatings to a group of Sligs "Um, nevermind"

My DA page.

07-15-2010, 01:12 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

After lying motionless for Odd knows how long, Ralph suddenly seemed to come back to life. He moved his head upwards slowly, trying to recall how he'd gotten into this position.

Seeing Jim, the slig, and the vykker all lying on the floor it all suddenly came back to him - Jim being shot at by the vykker and then some spiritual power throwing him against the wall.

Trying to use the wall to lift himself up off the floor, he found that he was unable to move his right arm. Glancing at it, he noticed that it seemed to be bent at an unnatural angle.

"Well, that's annoying," he grumbled aloud; looking at the dent in the steel wall, it wasn't surprising that he'd sustained some kind of damage.
But that wasn't important right now.

Pushing himself up using his good arm, he moved over to Jim and knelt down beside him putting his left hand on the other mudokon's shoulder.

"Jim! Are you ok?"

07-15-2010, 11:10 AM
timlord
Zappfly

timlord  (10)

IC-
As Nurples sight flickerd he heard the kinder slig say some thing, he could not make it out but the slig looked like he was going to help him up so he grasped his arm.

When he was up he felt all the blood rush from his thumping head to his hands which were slightly blueish."Thank you" he mummbled to the slig who helped him,as he felt his head it was all lumpy and strange.Then he thought he saw a strange patton on the wall a type of cross-haching in lots of diffrent types of blue,black and purple"can you..." he began but then,when very sudenly he felt a lot of pain in the base of his neck,when he looked back at the wall the patten was gone. Nurple look around the at the sligs and sudenly a gasp escaped him "My hands... there all swolan up!"he thourt as pain coursed fom his hands and did not see the other muddukon

Last edited by timlord; 07-17-2010 at 12:33 PM..