Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

07-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

dont know why ppl say your annoying or that,i dont see anything bad from you,they say bad words dont know why,yust to say your funny and ok with me

07-16-2010, 06:33 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

: Jan 2010
: LOOK AT MAC SIRLOINS NOSE!
: 694
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!  (-80)

haha, yeah i know, just looking at my rep proves it lol.
07-17-2010, 06:42 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

whens next chapter?
EDIT: oops, double post! how to delete one?
07-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

: You don't want to know
: 609
Lord Stanley  (121)Lord Stanley  (121)

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-SEVEN

Abe never saw the Keuja’s blast. He only heard and felt the result.

A sudden storm of lightning bolts crashed around him, and suddenly the stone and metal ground all around him was exploding, throwing chunks of shattered Glukkon residences through the air. He couldn’t see—thunder rumbled in the air, and he heard screams and felt the ground shake under him, then felt himself falling and felt his face slam hard into the shifting stone—

But he couldn’t see.

He heard Oner swearing bad enough to make an Outlaw blush with shame, then felt the ground rise up under him and send him spinning away through the air. He had to resist the simultaneous urge to scream, throw up, and curse in the instants before the sudden but expected impact with a house.

He lay there on the ground for what seemed like an eternity but was only but a few seconds, praying that the ground would stop rocking and that he wouldn’t throw up.

A Slig slammed down on his back so hard and suddenly that it forced his breath out of his lungs and left him coughing and choking in the dusty air. Abe rolled over and dislodged the offender.

“Get—off—!” he gasped.

The Slig was Oner, and he sat on a pile of rubble beside Abe. “Sorry about that, buddy…didn’t mean for you to lose your cool—”

“You’re going to lose a lot more than your cool if you don’t stop getting in my way!” Abe roared at him.

He glanced around briefly, as he pushed his bruised and bleeding body off the ground. Only a few seconds before, this land would have been easily recognizable as an industrialist heaven, a land of factories and smoke ruled by Glukkons and Sligs –

But now? Now the whole area surrounding the front gates and about half a mile inward was a sea of broken metal and stone. Slig and Mudokon forms were strewn randomly about the wreckage, some moving, and some crushed to death.

And standing amidst the wreckage it had just caused was the Keuja.

The monster did not look so triumphant at the destruction as it did tired. Its tentacles were not flailing and it was not gloating over them, but neither did it look as if it were going to collapse with exhaustion. Abe did not know what they were going to do about the monster. It had to be killed, but there was nothing that could do it.

“We need—” Abe started.

“A miracle,” Oner interrupted.

Abe sighed, and wished he still had a gun. His had unfortunately been crushed in the minor lightning-caused earthquake. “Yeah.”

Oner suddenly pointed to the sky. “Miracle ho!”

Abe looked up. A dozen Slig troop transports were buzzing across the horizon toward the city.

07-17-2010, 09:24 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

amazing!!! die keuja!
07-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

cant wait for more

07-19-2010, 05:46 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

yeah me neither come on! this is fanfictastic!
also, would you two like to check out my fanfic, Oddworld: Abe's Boddyguard and tell me what you think and weather i should carry on or not cuz i've only done one chapter so far.

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-19-2010 at 05:49 AM..
07-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

its nice,you got me goin there,new chapter please

07-19-2010, 06:19 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

ok thanks! i'll put one up now
07-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

np

07-19-2010, 06:37 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

iv'e put it up now, btw, cant wait for the next chapter stan!
07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
GlukkonGluk
Howler Punk

: Mar 2008
: The Netherworld
: 328
GlukkonGluk  (69)

My favorite fanfic so far. Easily. I mean, wow. Just plain wow.

07-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

EPILOGUE

Abe leaned heavily on the interior wall of the Slig jetcopter as they blurred above the Glukksonian landscape. The events of the day had been as stressful as they had been painful; today, the great Glukkon capital had fallen to the power of Munch and the Keuja, King Fragg was dead, Alf had died in battle, and no one knew what the future would bring.

Apparently, brave Cloud the Slig had called for help. Abe found it odd thinking of a Slig as his friend – in fact, he had come to respect Oner and Edur as friends, in their rough-and-tumble way – but Oddworld was, after all, an Odd World.

After the Sligs from Denzling had landed their empty troop transport copters in the ruins of the capital, allowing the remaining Mudokons and Sligs to board, Stranger had come out of the palace. Abe remembered how shocked he had been when he saw the Steef at the head of an army of Snoozers, but he had not disagreed with fate and had instead let Stranger order his army to attack the Keuja.

The Snoozers’ electric guns had not been powerful enough to stop the mighty creature in its destructive rampage, but the machines had slowed the Keuja down enough to let Abe, Stranger, Oner, Edur, Jake, Cloud, Crak, and all the others aboard jetcopters and blast away.

“What on Oddworld can stop that thing?” Abe whispered.

He felt a hand on his shoulder; a Mudokon hand. “You must have faith, Abe,” Jake said.

“Faith?” Abe laughed. “Faith in what?”

“Faith in yourself, Abe.” Jake smiled. “When all others fail, you have to trust yourself to do the impossible.”

Abe sighed. “But with the Keuja still out there…that monster can never be stopped. How can you destroy a thing that can take a grenade, thousands of lasers, a missile strike, and an army of Snoozers – and survive it all?”

Jake looked momentarily puzzled. Then suddenly his body snapped rigid and his eyes went glassy. “We must go back to RuptureFarms, Abe.”

Abe’s eyes went wide. “What?”

Jake blinked repeatedly, gasping as if stunned. “What did I just say?”

“I…” Abe wondered if he should repeat what Jake said. “You want me to go back to RuptureFarms.”

“Not me.” Jake shook his head. “I don’t know what I’m talking about.”

“You Mudokons hardly ever do!”

Abe turned to look at the SKRUT Oner as he walked over, Edur in tow. “What do you Sligs want?” Abe snapped.

Oner shrugged. “You seem to come through everything, Abe. You stomp over everything between you and harmony with nature.” The SKRUT grinned. “I figured you might have the answer to beating that thing.”

“Well I don’t,” Abe growled.

“You have to go back to RuptureFarms, Abe.”

Abe was shocked. The voice coming from Jake’s mouth wasn’t even Jake’s voice – it was Bigface’s!

“Bigface?” Abe whispered. “What? How?”

“I am simply using Jake as a vessel for the Will of the Odd. If you want to stop the Keuja – and I know you do – then you must return to the ruins of RuptureFarms. The knowing will come to you there.”

“The knowing will come,” Abe repeated softly.

“Cheesy line,” Oner snorted.

“Do not mock destiny,” Jake said in Bigface’s voice.

“Destiny, shmestiny,” Oner said, and turned to leave. “See you at RuptureFarms, Abe.”

Abe watched Oner leave, confused. What was Oner trying to say? “You believe him, or don’t you?”

Oner shrugged. “Ah, dunno. I just need somewhere to go other than base camp…they’ll fire me for failing to protect Mantin City from that monster. After we drop your people off in Denzling – and check with the governor to ensure your safety – we can grab some motorcycles and hit the road.”

Abe grinned. “Thanks, Oner.”

“Think nothing of it! It’s my dang job!”

Abe glanced at Edur. “And you?”

Edur shook his head. “If Oner’s going with you, someone needs to hold down the fort at Denzling, and advocate for your Mudokons’ safety so you two can leave sooner.”

“Not just two!”

Abe turned toward the sound of the voice. Cloud and Crak stood near the back of the jetcopter, both of them wielding rifles and looking very close to fearsome.

“We’re comin’, too,” Crak declared.

Abe smiled. “The more help I can get, the better. Thanks, chums.”

“I ain’t your chum,” Crak said. “I jus’ wanna get rid of that Kooja thing. That’s all there is to it.”

“Same for me,” Cloud said resolutely.

Abe grinned. “Understood.” He turned to Jake. Was it his imagination, or was there a slight misty image of Bigface’s mask over Jake’s face? “Bigface…we’re already on our way.”

The jetcopter flew off toward Denzling, leaving the ruins of Mantin City behind. The Keuja and the Bringer of Pain still roamed free behind them, bringing with them the scourge of the dark…but in the pact of Abe, Oner, Cloud, and Crak, hope still burned.

TO BE CONTINUED…
07-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

that one made my hair fly of me.... need more

07-19-2010, 11:52 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

OH MY GOOOODDDD, that was amazing, i'm so sad its over! youve gotta publish it! and put the sequel up! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! SEQUEL! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! i cant express how much i loved it! thank you so much! its amazing! i totally cant wait for a sequel!
07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

mee to.... so whats next!!! will there be a nother book????

07-19-2010, 12:57 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

i think there will, as it is 2 b continued...
07-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

yeah i know just asking.....

07-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

I have no idea how I'm supposed to publish a book without Lorne Lanning's explicit permission...and anyway, OiTb already has the whole book on his laptop. He wouldn't buy it, nor would anyone on the OWF, so what would be the point?

Yes, there will be a sequel. I'll get to that, uh, maybe tomorrow. I need some time to sit back and think of what's going to happen. Thank you for your kind applause, I never expected there would be so much positive feedback!
07-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

i love this,i would love to buy it
i want pictures ,if you publish it with permission,could you place some of my pics

07-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

How would I ask for Lorne Lanning's permission to publish this? If anything makes sense, I might ask him about it, but I don't know how to talk to him.
07-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

ask nate,he knows

07-20-2010, 12:46 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

Lol @ ride of the valkyries!

07-20-2010, 01:31 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

i'd love to buy it! even though i have it on here, it would be great as a book!! imagine the front cover, abe standing on a hill, overlooking the destruction of meech.co, or the detruction of the kueja. hehe

OT: and is that leon kennedy off resident evil in your avatar i cant tell?

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-20-2010 at 01:33 AM..
07-20-2010, 05:51 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

That's Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy 8. I love him and now that I've found him I will never change my avatar!!

07-20-2010, 07:00 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

hehe, i like how now youve changed your location too, any idea of when your starting the sequel and the title?
07-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Um, OiTb, the first 2 chapters of the sequel are already up under the title of "Odd of War." Please read it and comment in that thread. I'd like to devote the rest of this thread to talking about how I can contact Lorne Lanning about "Abe's Expoddition."

07-20-2010, 07:36 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

ooo, ok thanks! i know his facebook, its lorne lanning, obviously lol, i'm not sure but i think his twitter is diabiblical but i'm not sure if its him.
07-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

I don't go on social networks. Does anybody (besides Nate) know his e-mail address?

08-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Just gotta keep this thread alive for a few more days, so I can copy down all the posts from in here. I actually don't have the whole of "Abe's Expoddition" on my computer, half of it got deleted by accident a long time ago.