Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

07-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

: Jan 2010
: You don't want to know
: 609
Lord Stanley  (121)Lord Stanley  (121)

Yeah. I don't know what's into those people in that thread...maybe they should read some fanfiction and settle down for a while. "The Despicable" and "The Slig Chronicles" are really long, they'd probably be pretty relaxing reads if you can get over all the shooting.
07-07-2010, 12:32 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

: LOOK AT MAC SIRLOINS NOSE!
: 694
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!  (-80)

i know lol, whens your next chapter coming? the story's really getting good and i cant wait to see what abe does!
07-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-EIGHT

Stranger saw the explosion of the jetcopter, heard the screams and yells of dying beings, but he could not see. He smacked a nearby pillar and cursed angrily, wishing that he could see what was going on and help his friends.

He felt the great tremors of the ground; it eerily reminded him of the breaking of the mighty Sekto Springs dam those months ago, at the end of his greatest triumph that had nearly been his death. His eyes went wide as he saw the huge shape rise up out of the ground, and heard its monstrous voice.

But he did not waste any time in staring at the monstrous thing – the Keuja, as it identified itself. It was obviously a menace, and the job of a Steef was to protect his people.

He had forgotten that.

His race was not just a race; it was not just a kind of being. They had a duty to the people of Oddworld, to keep them free of invaders and the industrialist plague. Sekto might have hunted them down to extinction to let the industrialists into the naturalist territories, but he had to live up to the examples of his forefathers.

“This is armor worn only by your ancestors,” the Grubbs had said to him, as they brought him the tough linked armor that had served him well in the battle at Sekto Springs. “Wear it for them – for their memory! They’d be proud if you could beat [Sekto’s] tail!”

And Stranger had done it…but not for the memory of the old Steef.

He had not even done it for the Grubbs.

He had done it for himself.

That was his problem: as a bounty hunter, he had always taught himself to look out for Number One alone, to remain morally ambiguous in any confrontation and living only for the moolah. The moolah that would take him further away from the duties required as a Steef guardian.

But Abe had taught him something. No matter the power one had, his true duty was to Oddworld and its preservation. The Glukkons had amassed huge fortunes and great power over their time as rulers, but in the end it was always stripped from them and given to the natural simplicity of the Grubbs and Mudokons.

He had to remember that what had happened to Sekto was not just because he had gone after the Oktigi; there had been a purpose behind that.

He had to get used to being a protector, not just a self-serving hunter. The Keuja would destroy everyone out there if he didn’t intervene; Abe had always had the best of luck throughout his impressive career, but it looked as if it was up to Stranger to save the blue-skinned revolutionary from the monster.

A Slig rushed at him, roaring “It’s the Steef –”

Stranger considered shooting him in the head, but decided against it and went for the chest. Either way, it was still an instant kill; the Slig died immediately.

The Steef fought his way through brief surges of Slig guards, as he went toward the Glukkon palace.

He had a plan. If only Abe could buy him a few minutes…

07-07-2010, 10:35 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

fantastic chapter! but i think i prefer abe's chapters rather than strangers.
07-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-NINE

Cloud didn’t know what to do. Surrounded by Mudokons and hordes of Sligs who seemed to have lost their heads – why weren’t they shooting at Abe? – and weakened from his drop out of his jetcopter without a parachute, he had been a spectator to the whole event. Now, as the Keuja openly declared itself master of everything and prepared to destroy everyone, Cloud wondered what a pathetically small, undereducated Slig like himself could do.

Even though he had been trained to think of Abe as a traitor, and in Lord Fragg’s army he had spent a few days searching for the infamous renegade Mudokon, there was no denying that the Mudokon had guts. To interrupt a warring army of both Mudokons and Sligs, and get both of them on his side…not only was that brave, it was ingenious.

Cloud rolled over and reached for his rifle…then stopped. He had crimped the barrel shut when he’d landed on it.

Crak nudged him. “Cloud! Call for reinforcements from Denzling!”

Cloud shook his head, breathing heavily. “—can’t! Abe has my mike!”

Crak swore and punched the ground. Cloud was about to suggest that Crak call for reinforcements, when he remembered that Crak, as a Bodhran Slig, didn’t have all the military upgrades that the army Sligs received.

Then he noticed the microphone lying abandoned on the ground about twenty feet away. Apparently Abe had dropped it when he had rolled away from the Gabbit’s lightning attack…but twenty feet was so far to cross when there was a massive Thing about to attack.

But there was nothing else for it.

Though weakened and frightened half to death, he began to crawl forward toward the microphone/comlink. With it, he could call for Slig airstrikes from Denzling; more jetcopters would arrive, and they could beat this monster back into the dirt.

Still, he wasn’t sure he’d last that long – that any of them would last that long.

07-07-2010, 11:26 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

wow you are on fire tonight! still cant wait for abe!
07-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED

The Keuja moved forward, its tentacles flailing madly at the air. Abe did not waste time firing at it; instead, he turned and ran as fast as he could, away from the monster.

“Everybody get away from it!” he screamed. “Run and shoot at its eyes as you do!”

Following his own advice, he whirled and yanked the trigger, aiming his gun up at the Keuja’s unarmored eyes. His lasers pinged off the monster’s armor and ricocheted into the sky. The huge creature moved slowly, stretching out its legs to follow Abe as if it had not walked in a century – which, Abe surmised, might be the truth.

None of his shots made it to the eyes; the tentacles blurred into the way much faster than its legs could move, and to his surprise swatted away the lasers as if they were nothing but pestering flies. Abe kept running backwards, still holding down the trigger. More lasers flew at the Keuja from the sides, but they all bounced off its thick plate armor.

“YOU ARE ALL FOOLS TO RESIST THE KEUJA!” it thundered at them, and half-turned to regard a band of Sligs that were firing at it. “WHY DO YOU INSIST ON DEATH AND NOT SLAVERY?”

Abe stumbled on something; he glanced at it and recognized it as a Slig hand grenade. As he picked it up and thumbed the switch to Explode-On-Impact, he shouted, “Keuja, we all know what slavery is like, and we don’t want to go back!”

He flicked his wrist and chucked the grenade.

The Keuja started to turn and look at him –

The grenade struck the immense monster on the snout and exploded in its face with a satisfying conflagration.

For a moment, the Keuja leaned back, staggered by the sheer force of the blast – but then it recovered quickly. Abe was shocked to see that its armor was not even scorched from the explosion.

The Keuja waved one of its forearms, and a triple bolt of lightning flashed out to disintegrate three Mudokons next to Abe. “I AM THE KEUJA! NOTHING CAN STOP ME!”

Abe was not inclined to disagree at the moment.

The Keuja bent low to the ground and swept out its tentacles. Mudokons and Sligs alike screamed in fear as the writhing growths knocked them to the ground, then grabbed them around their waists and pulled them into the air.

Abe had to averted his eyes, as the Keuja swallowed them all whole.

“YOUR FLESH FEEDS ME!” The Keuja let out a beastly roar. “BUT YOU CAN AVERT ALL THIS – SURRENDER NOW, AND I WILL LET YOU SERVE AS MY SLAVES!”

Abe stared at the monster in horrified awe. This thing had just eaten a host of his army, and it still expected him to surrender? It took him a moment to find his voice, but when it came out, it was strong and unflinching in the face of the Dark.

“Never, monster. We will never bow to the Dark!”

He flicked up his weapon and fired a laser that made it through to the Keuja’s eye.

07-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

gz on one hundred chapters,nice abe really is strong in belief to strike that thing down

07-08-2010, 01:48 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

wow! great chapter, and 100th! good! not many people who write good fanfics on here make it to that, they pull out! keep going!
07-08-2010, 11:02 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

what's a Keuja?

07-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Scrabtrapman, there is a detailed description of the Keuja just a few chapters back...

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-ONE

The shot struck the Keuja’s eye with destructive force – but to Abe’s surprise, the eye did not go dead. Instead, it ricocheted off the invisible back eyelid the monster had slid down just in time to avoid losing one of its eyes.

“Darn,” Abe growled. “I thought I had it that time…”

The Keuja continued its destructive rampage, but still the Sligs and Mudokons kept firing, regardless of the power packs that overheated in their guns; when their power backs burned out, they tossed away their guns and grabbed one from the bodies along the ground.

But the Keuja kept killing, kept destroying.

But there was still hope. A short distance away, Cloud had managed to get through to the systems in Denzling.

And in the palace, Stranger had just made it to Lord Fragg’s throne.

A trail of laser-burned Sligs littered the hallways behind him.

But the Steef didn’t care; what he was concerned about was dodging the hundreds of shots that came from the still-activated Snoozers marching about the palace as if they were worth anything.

Stranger found it difficult to keep up his dodges; one of his legs had been severed during the fight with McAvi, and he had sustained wounds all over from their conflict. Snoozer lasers burned black marks across his fur.

But he made it to the throne without any serious laser injuries.

If I’m right, he thought, the Snoozer control panel should be somewhere on this throne. But if I’m wrong –

A Snoozer laser caught him in the arm and spun him across the room. He thudded into the throne, gasping for breath, unable to move –

07-08-2010, 01:06 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

oh crap not stranger! by the way this is just a thought, maybe towards the end of the story you could kill off another main character... again, just a thought...

hey whens your next chapter coming? im getting excited!

and by the way, you know that i posted on here a few days ago, well ridg3 has put it in his sig, what a loser, and im not gonna say anythin else cuz he'll just put it in his sig.

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-10-2010 at 04:02 AM..
07-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Sorry it's been so long...I've just been really busy...I'll try to get another chapter up by tomorrow night. As for Stranger, as he is one of the main protagonists I do not have plans to kill him off...yet. Alf and Bigface were slightly minor, but Abe, Munch, and Stranger are ones that will be difficult to kill off and retain good ratings for this story.
07-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWO

“Denzling Runner Two to Private Cloud, come in.”

The Slig special operative leaned forward across the controls of his jetcopter, adjusting his audio receptors to listen to the crackle of static from the radio system. He shook his head. “Repeat: Denzling Runner Two to Private Cloud, bleepin’ well come in!”

He waited for several more seconds before turning to the BigBro sitting in the oversize pilot’s chair. “Aaah, what’s the use of it, Edur? Why do we care about a soldier who deserted his post?”

The BigBro Edur shrugged. “We’re SKRUT. It’s not our job to think about it, Oner.”

Oner shook his head. “Slig Kommando Radical Uber Troopers. What a sappy name…”

“Stop complaining.”

Oner grinned, flexing his face-tentacles. “Complaining? What are you talking about, Edur? I’m just…stating a fact.”

He folded his arms behind his head. “I should send in a complaint to the High Command about—”

“Oner?”

“Yeah?”

Edur shoved him in the shoulder. “Shut up.”

Oner scowled and turned away. “Oh, you are such a meanie…”

Something caught his eye, and he turned to look at the scanner. His eyes grew wide behind their mask as he noticed the radical readings coming in from the device.

“Uh…Edur?” he laughed nervously.

“I told you to shut up.”

Oner shook his head. “The, uh, scanner’s picking up something that, uh…stands a hundred and seventeen feet tall…and has tentacles?”

Edur grunted in surprise and glanced momentarily at the scanner. “Good Odd! What is—?!”

Oner pointed out the windshield. “I see it, I see it! Over there!”

Edur turned, and looked, and cursed.

Oner sucked in his breath as the massive tentacled creature came into closer view over the horizon. “Now I think I know why Cloud was calling…”

He picked up his electro-nunchuks and grinned. “But we’re SKRUT. That’s what we’re for…”

07-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

nice name for the base denzling,reminds me of something

07-14-2010, 10:36 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

cool! SKRUT lol! cant wait for next chapter, keep going!
07-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

If any of you people out there know Final Fantasy 7, try turning some of the names in that last chapter backwards and you will understand the private joke.

I didn't have enough humor in this story, so I thought the SKRUT would make a good opportunity for some bumbling teamwork and random phrases.

Last edited by Lord Stanley; 07-14-2010 at 05:54 PM..
07-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THREE

Even before Oner was out of his jetcopter, he knew this was going to be one of the worst jobs he’d had to do yet. As a SKRUT, the special ops within the special ops, he had been forced to go through some pretty nasty and fairly deadly situations and had always managed to come out on top, with the help of his electro-nunchuks and faithful Edur.

But this time, he wasn’t so sure that anyone on his battlefield would make it off alive.

“Good Odd, that thing’s big,” he muttered as he ran down the ramp of the jetcopter.

“We’re SKRUT; it’s what we do,” Edur said from behind him.

Oner turned and flashed his partner a grin. “You take the ‘copter up and punch that creep with missiles. I’ll…” He glanced at the massive monster, the Keuja. “I’ll, uh, dance to the music, I guess.”

“Don’t do something stupid like dying; Cap’n Vann doesn’t like it when we don’t come back alive.”

Oner threw him a jaunty salute. “Will do, partner…”

The jetcopter’s ramp retracted as the vehicle lifted off into the sky once again, leaving Oner feeling smaller and much more vulnerable than ever before. He twisted a knob on the bottom of one nunchuk handle, and the familiar blue line of lightning knotted and twisted down the length of chain in the middle.

“All right,” he said. “Time to fix this mess.”

Before he met the Keuja, Abe had never believed there would be a thing he feared more than he had feared President Molluck at RuptureFarms.

Unfortunately, he was proved wrong.

A grazing blow from one of the Keuja’s dark lightning blasts had put a fresh line of scorch down his side, adding to the numerous list of pains he had taken through the day and limiting his dodging speed. Dozens of Mudokons and Sligs had been vaporized, crushed, or even eaten by the Dark-driven monster in its frenzy.

But I won’t give up! he roared at himself. Not even if the Keuja throws the very stars of the heavens at us! We are the heroes of Oddworld—we do not surrender!

Abe prepared himself to dodge another lightning blast from the Keuja, the black lightning already swirling around the monster’s clawtips—

And with a roar, a Slig dressed in midnight black armor threw himself at the Keuja’s side, digging his mechanical claws into the beast’s armor plates and quickly crawling up the monster.

Shoot at it!” the Slig was yelling. “Keep it away from me!”

Abe immediately flipped up his gun and fired at the Keuja’s eyes. The beast flailed its tentacles down toward the climbing Slig, providing the perfect timing for Abe’s laser to burn into its left eyeball. The monster screamed and bucked wildly, throwing the Slig to one side as it writhed in pain.

Abe signaled to the Slig. “Everyone, get away from it! Shoot out its other eye and we’ll have a chance!”

The black Slig brushed off his armor. “Thanks for the help, buddy.”

Abe frowned. “I was going to say the same to you…but who are you?”

“Oner, SKRUT First-Class—in fact, everyone in SKRUT is First-Class.”

“I don’t think I’ve heard of SKRUT.”

Oner grinned. “Few have, actually. Slig Kommando Radical Uber Troopers. Long name, amazing results…” He jerked a beefy thumb at the raging monster, which was being pounded by lasers from all sides. “You got yourself one whopper of a monster this time…Abe?”

Abe nodded. “Yeah, that’s me…but why are you helping me? Usually you Sligs are trying to blow my gutsout.”

Oner turned toward the Keuja once more, twirling a set of electro-nunchuks. “This fight is beyond the Mudokon-Glukkon feuds. This is real war. The fate of the Glukkon Empire is at stake here—scratch that, the fate of the whole planet is at stake here!”

The Slig laughed. “And I intend to enjoy every minute of it!”

Whooping like a Gabbit, Oner rushed off toward the monster, leaving Abe to wonder where on Oddworld this commando Slig had come from…and what his true motives were…and whether he was actually sane at all.

07-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

WOW,this one got me so excited,cant wait for a nother excellent perfect chapter

07-16-2010, 03:13 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

yeah me too! i bet oners really planning on helping the keuja!
07-16-2010, 09:24 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-FOUR

Abe had no time to stand around and watch as his brave and potentially doomed army blasted away at the Keuja; he had to act with them. He had done enough in the past few days to deserve a rest, but as one of the great heroes – or so everybody said – he had to keep doing his job until there was nothing left to do. The Keuja was the biggest, nastiest, and toughest job he’d ever had to take care of.

But Oner, if nothing else, had inspired him. He would fight, and he would die, if need be, for the fate of Oddworld and civilization. The Keuja cared about nothing but power and the Dark, and would gladly destroy everything, if given the chance. Abe, Oner, the Sligs and the Mudokons would not give him that chance.

“For Oddworld!” he roared, and attacked.

The Keuja flailed out its tentacles, catching a Slig and throwing him end over end out of the battlefield, but Abe ducked and rolled forward to dodge, coming up with gun blazing. Oner was already at the base of the Keuja, swinging his electro-nunchuks.

To Abe’s surprise, the touch of Oner’s charged weapon sent a ripple of lightning down the Keuja’s armored body and caused the monster, huge as it was, to scream in pain.

Strange, he thought. Its greatest weapon is lightning, but it can’t stand up to that element itself.

He ducked away from a blast of lightning that threw chunks of turf all over the place. Lightning attacks weren’t easy to come by; where could he find a big enough source of electricity to batter the Keuja into submission or even death?

“Oner!” he shouted out. “Your nunchuks do the most damage – keep thwacking at it!”

The Slig backrolled away from a tentacle-swipe and landed hard on his rear end, but managed to throw a salute. “Got that –”

Another lightning blast flew at Oner, cutting off his words. The Slig rolled to the side in time to dodge it, and the SKRUT went flying in a cloud of rock and dirt ripped from the ground.

A voice from the heavens blasted down on the battlefield: “Everyone stand back! Launching missiles!”

Abe started to back away even before looking up to see who was talking. To his surprise, it was a matte-black Slig jetcopter circling above, arming its torpedo launchers and aiming toward the Keuja.

“Shoot!” Oner was shouting, running away as if his pants had caught fire. “Shooooot at it, Edur!”

With two roars of fire, a pair of torpedoes blasted out of the launchers and struck the Keuja head-on.

07-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

wow,cant wait for next chapter..... plus rep

07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

yeah me niether! this might be the last of the keuja! + rep u 2
07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-FIVE

There was a loud WHUMPH and then a mind-shattering explosion that cleared Abe’s vision for more than ten seconds. Flame roiled through the air, and the shockwaves of the explosion threw him flat on his back, not unlike the concussion blasts from the old RuptureFarms grenades. He had to throw one hand over his face to keep the stinging rain of particles out of his face.

When he could finally open his eyes, he gaped. The Keuja was –

Stranger slapped the DEACTIVATE button and the Snoozers stopped firing.

The Steef finally let out the breath he’d been holding. He was battered and burned and wanted to go to sleep or die, but he had managed to come through the storm of Snoozer lazers with his life intact…well, mostly so.

“Now, where’s the reprogramming control…” he murmured, as he bent over the armchair.

He had dealt with creatures like the Keuja before – none so big or deadly as this one, but creatures with thick armor plating. The best weapon to deal with them was electricity, and the closest store of electricity he knew of was the Snoozers.

If only he could reroute their processors to –

“There,” he said, and tapped a button. A small keypad unfolded out of the armrest, and he punched in Obey the Steef.

Then he reactivated the Snoozers.

Dozens of the mechanical monsters, terrorizing to the Glukkon slaves, powered back on again, their optical receptors focusing on him.

Stranger grinned. This was exactly what they needed to win the fight – a hundred machines with enormous electric guns! He pointed at the doors to the throne room.

“There’s a huge monster…outside the front gates,” he said. “Destroy it and leave everything else alone.”

The Snoozers did not reply, nor could they. Instead, they turned toward the door and began to clack their way across the throne room floor –

Then the air rumbled with the sound of an explosion, and the ground shook slightly under the palace.

“What was—!” Stranger bellowed.

07-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

!!! cant wait for more!!!

07-16-2010, 12:18 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

fantastic! i love abes cliffhanger!
07-16-2010, 01:46 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-SIX

—still there!

Abe stared up at the Keuja. How? The monster stood there in the smoke, its armor plates blackened but not broken, its good eye still glimmering. Many tentacles had been ripped off by the blast, but the monster appeared undisturbed by the explosion, and proved that by grabbing up a Mudokon and stuffing him, screaming, into its mouth.

“Aw, [edited for your convenience]!” Oner swore.

“Don’t worry about it!” Abe shouted, though inside his guts were crawling with terror. “Just keep SHOOTING!”

The Keuja’s tentacles whirred and flailed in complex gyrating patterns. “YOU SPURNED MY MERCIES, WEAKLINGS—NOW TASTE THE FULL POWER OF YOUR DOOM!”

Abe turned and ran, shouting “Everyone get out of here! Get inside the city – we can hold him there!”

He rushed over the field of smoking craters and dead bodies with the grace of a drunken Glukkon, hearing the crackling sound of lightning coming from the Keuja. Presumably it was charging up its energies for a huge blast of destruction that would kill dozens, perhaps even hundreds, of the assorted Mudokons and Sligs.

Abe didn’t have any idea what going into the city would do – but it seemed a much better and easier place to fight off the Keuja than in the middle of an open field. At least the city had security systems that they could activate from in the palace –

Abe suddenly remembered the Snoozers.

He frowned. Were the mechanical monsters still searching for them? He remembered how much trouble they had caused he, Jake, and Stranger as they fled from Munch through the palace, and knew that the army of the Snoozers could be nearly as threatening as the Keuja itself.

Oner ran, panting, alongside him. “Can we…really hold out…in the…city?” the SKRUT gasped out.

“I…don’t know,” Abe said honestly. “We can…only hope…for the best.”

Oner shook his head. “I get it. We’re…all just…fools…groping around…in the dark…There’s no…answer…”

Abe nodded, as he ran through the open gateway. “Yeah, I—”

The Keuja released its energy blast.

07-16-2010, 02:03 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

uh oh... i cant believe you got all these chapters in, in one night! keep going, this story is ace!
07-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

wow pls more more i hypnotised,must have new chapter(lol pretending to be a book zombie)=D

07-16-2010, 03:05 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

give me new chapter......................... or get shot.