Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

03-04-2007, 09:30 AM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: Oct 2006
: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

Stop complaining, Donut.
03-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Keep it up Mitsur! I like it. XD

Havoc

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-04-2007, 07:10 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

It's amazing how something can be this funny while still being a great story.
Awwwwww only one more chapter? Damnit...
Will there be a 3 may I ask?

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

03-04-2007, 07:38 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

I'm sure there will be, but I think I'll have to take a break.

For some reason, it get's harder to make myself write up a new chapter.

It's probably just the delay of it. Delaying in your writing makes you look back, and keep finding mistakes, until you just don't feel for it anymore.

Always write it as quickly as you can. At least, that's what I think.

I'm such a hypocrite...

Wrex.

03-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Write it now, Mitsur, before you grow out of it and never write it again!
That's what happened to me. Though admittedly I did start writing it when I was 10 and it did take another 6 years for me to grow out of it...

03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

Well, I think we can afford to be patient, especially when the story is this good right now!

I hope you are able to find the time to type it up.

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Oh yeah, won't be posting the last chapter of this till I can make it my 1337th post. Y'know, for symbolic stuff.

Wrex.

03-12-2007, 10:38 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)

Which, I notice, it now will be, due to your current 1336 posts. Now that you've removed all risk of double posting, get to the final chapter already!

03-12-2007, 11:20 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

Post the chapter and you'll have a 1337 number of posts.

If i was in there, my nightmare would be... dunno. Whatever.

Remember that.

I like pie.

03-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Perhaps you could get bombarded with them, and they could have knives hidden in the crust... I dunno. Just a suggestion for a horror one. But I'm not sure it is still revolving around our nightmare/paradises, but more around Alcars. I'd love to see his...

03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Hmmm... ok, not it's NOT gonna be your 1337th post, I see. That's no excuse, though, we want chapter!

03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

And Gretn says my sentences are confusing!
But yeah, what Seargent Big says (I think?)

Give us the chapter. How I mine for fish?

03-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

: I cruise around...
: 227
Reiji Neko Mitsukai  (10)

The battle cries in the first part amused me to no end (I snickered for about five minutes afterwards) and it took me two nights to read it all. I'm pretty impressed and eager to read more. If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask- I'll be more than willing!

"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named . . . but a DYING culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."
-- Robert Heinlein in Friday

03-16-2007, 02:57 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Expect the final chapter tommorow; I'm just working out some minor details right now.

Extremely sorry about the delays, I know I'm being lazy.

Wrex.

03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

It better be good!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

Can't wait! *waves "GO MITSUR" flag*

"Sick cultures show a complex of symptoms such as you have named . . . but a DYING culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot."

03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
scrab queen
Howler Punk

: Jan 2006
: OK
: 320
scrab queen  (85)

Hmm, if mistur has 1337 posts, that means (in noob speak of course) he has great writing skills! W007z T0 m15turz and h1z 1337 570r31z 5k1llz! note: that babble right there might be a little overdone. Don't know much about noobs. I pretty much forgot how to be a noob as soon as I came here. *hmm, maybe I should do a documentary on them...*

And yes! Let there be a OWF3! *the RPG would be good too...* (Also waves Mistur flag)
03-17-2007, 12:57 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: May 2006
: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

13!k 707411y! lol.
(spends some time actually making a 'go mitsur' flag in flash 8)

Last edited by E'l Scrabino; 03-17-2007 at 01:32 AM..
03-17-2007, 10:42 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Awesome flag, scrabino.

I'd post this earlier, but 4 things happened.

1. Went to go see 300 (incredible movie, whoever hasn't seen it, go watch it now) Now, normally this is no big deal, except it took me five hours, since, because I live in a small town, it takes an hour to drive to the theater, two to watch the movie, another hour to go grocery shopping, and another to get home.

2. Spent awhile finding songs to buy on iTunes. Send me some good ones you like!

3. Was a bit into writing it in this post box when it error ed, shut down, and lost it all. Have to start over, now.

4. Never listen to MCR (Thanks Rexy! They rule!) when writing a battle scene. You will f**k it up.

5. Failed math class.

Well, enough blabbering. Time for what you've been waiting forever for.

Check your equipment, use all your AP, heal yourself, and make sure you're at level 99, because it's time to begin the

Chapter 9: Final Boss

"Soooooo. Not very exciting so far," Mitsur said, as the group walked toward the golden OWF. "We haven't been attacked, or anything."

"Nope," Al said.

"Not strange at all," Ghost replied, uneasily.

"Nah," Havoc said.

"Totally ordinary. I mean, it's not like this is going to be some kind of long-awaited finale." Skillya meeped out nervously.

"Nuh-uh," Splat said softly.

"Whawasthat!?" Ghost said, whirling around. Everyone turned quickly, but only caught a fleeting glimpse of a figure: night on a shadow.

"I have a feeling this is going to get messy," Mitsur said grimly. "We need to get weapons. Fast."

"Can't you guys mod something?" Skillya asked Havoc and Splat. They both shook their heads.

"Mod powers don't work in a fantasy-nightmare." Splat said. "All I've got is the AK-47 Mitsur took from that bunny thing. The pistols are almost empty, and the flachette rifle is dry. I dunno what happened to the grenades."

"Don't forget my machete," Ghost piped in, holding it up.

"And I'm armed with...uh....science." Al said, holding the metal ball.

"What, you're continuum transmogrified deluxe?" Ghost shot out, and they all snorted laughter, including Al.

"Give me the AK-47," Mitsur said. "You keep one of the pistols, Splat; give Skillya and Havoc one apiece. Al, you have your....whatever the hell it is."

After sorting out the weapons, they cautiously began to make their way toward OWF. They traveled in a circle, with Skillya in the center. Each of them eyed the landscape, noting that their was a number of large rocks perfect for ambush all around them.

"Somethings wrong..." Al said.

"No shit, sherlock." Havoc muttered, glancing at the rocks uneasily.

"On three, we make a break for it," Splat said quietly.

"You saw it, too?" Mitsur said from the corner of his mouth.

"Saw what?" Ghost asked.

"They're watching us. Pretty good, too. I just only got a glimpse of them. They've got guns; I saw the reflection." Skillya said.

"Ready?" Havoc said, and licked his lips dryly. "3..."

"2..."

"1..."

"GO!" Splat screamed, and they all broke off like insane midgets, zig-zagging every which-way.

Gunfire exploded out of the rocks, and the bullets shredded the dirt in front and behind them. Mitsur dove and felt bullets pass over his head. He looked up.

OWF was half a football field's distance.

"Dammit," he gasped out, and pushed himself up as shrapnel pelted him and bullets zinged over his head. He jumped behind a rock, took a quick breath, counted to three, and lunged back out as shots fired out. He heard the distinct sound of a shotgun exploding, and felt a pellet graze his hand. He grimaced as he ran, and dodged to the left as bullets went right past him.

OWF was ten yards away by now.

Mitsur booked it for the door as Splat pulled the door open and Ghost spontaneously faded back in inside the building. Havoc lunged inside and Skillya tripped over a pothole. Mitsur grabbed her arm, threw her in unceremoniously, and jumped inside. Splat ducked inside, and slammed the door.

Bullets pinged off the bullet-proof glass, and they all slumped to the ground, exhausted but relieved.

"Who were those guys?" Splat panted out.

"I think...no, it's to crazy." Al said, shaking his head.

"No, nothings to crazy with the Impossibility Button." Havoc said.

"Ok....I think those were our antis."

"'Antis'?" Mitsur said, confused.

Ghost pulled out a tape recorder, and hit the play button. Music blasted them all.

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN

"Was that really necessary?" Skillya said, wincing as Ghost put away the recorder, smiling sheepishly.

"Anyway, before Ghost made this all dramatic," Al said. "Antis are the opposite of us. Conceivably, Alcar's fantasy-nightmare could be the opposite of what OWF really is. Sure, he gets the solid-gold gem-encrusted OWF, but he has to get the anti-uses."

"So, I could have just been firing at myself?" Havoc said, looking confused. Al nodded. The bullets outside, by now, had petered off. They stopped.

"I wonder if your anti is as stupid as you..." Ghost muttered. Mitsur giggled.

"What was that, Ghost?" Havoc said, turning.

"Oh, nothing." Ghost said, looking innocently at the celling.

"That's what I thought."

"Okay guys, as much as I love making fun of Havoc, we have to get moving," Skillya said. "Let's find Alcar and get him out of here. Then destroy the button. Somehow."

"Sounds like a plan," Splat said. "Where do we start?"

"How 'bout the endless hallway?" Mitsur ventured. Splat nodded.

"Then let's split up gang. Havoc, Mitsur, and Ghost, you go search the endless hallway for clu- uh, I mean Alcar. I'll go search that broom closet with Ski-" Splat was interrupted as Skillya slapped him across the face.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?"

"That was fo-"

F'BAM!

All five of them were blown back as a hole tore in the wall of the anti-OWF lobby.

Snuzi, Arxryl, Munch's Master, Seargentbig, and Nemo stepped out, looking relativity refreshed. Nemo wore a Chuck Norris mask.

"Ah," Nemo said. "I knew it would work."

"Great Scott!" MM said, with a passable Christopher Lloyd voice.

"This is heavy..." Snuzi said, with an even better Micheal J. Fox accent and slapping his hand onto his forehead.

Seargent rolled his eyes. "Come on guys, this isn't Back to the Future,"

"Uhm...." Mitsur said, stunned from the explosion, still.

"Come on, buddy. Get up." Arxryl said, pulling Mitsur to his feet.

"How...how'd you guys get here?" Splat asked them.

"Oh, it was actually pretty easy. We just had to endure a horrible gut-wrenching series of events until we used Nemo's Chuck Norris mask. He just commanded reality to bend, and it did. Pretty cool." Seargent said.

"Eh,"

"So....." Snuzi said to the ensuing silence. "What now?"

"Well, we're gonna rescue Alcar. Then somehow get out of here." Havoc explained.

"That's a pretty crappy plan, y'know." Arx said.

"Yeah..." Ghost said, trailing off.

"Well, it's all we have right now." Nemo said. He took out a pair of scissors.

"Wait, why don't you just use the Chuck Norris mask to get Alca-" Mitsur trailed off as Nemo methodically cut the mask in half.

"Why'd you do that!?" Skillya said.

"I don't know." Nemo said simply.

"Great..." Bullet said, coming out of nowhere. They all jumped.

"Where'd you come from?!?" Splat exclaimed.

"I don't know."

"More conveniently-placed events..." Mitsur muttered.

"Well, let's get going then. And this time we don't split up. This isn't Scooby-Doo." Skillya said, and everyone bunched into a group and started toward the hall.

Abruptly, the light went out.

"Rut roo!" Mitsur exclaimed.

Nobody chuckled.

"Not even a titter? No?"

They kept going, and reached the door that opened into the hallway. Something rustled behind them. They whirled around, but only caught another glimpse of a shadow.

"I'm guessing that's anti-me," Ghost said. "He's got shadow-blenders. Makes him look like the darkness."

"Stay on guard." Splat said, and they made their way down the hall. Before long, they reached a small, cardboard door with the word ALCAR on it in a ballpoint pen.

"I think this is it. I kinda miss the blinding light, though." Snuzi said.

They creaked the door open.

"Oh my god...." Arx gasped. "It's horrible!"

Inside Alcar's room was a vast, dark pit filled with unmentionable beasts, items, and pictures. Horrible sounds emanated from the center.

But in the middle, with a single ray of light glancing off it, was a clear glass coffin. In it, Alcar slept, undisturbed.

"How are we going to get to that coffin?" Havoc muttered.

"Indeed. I would like to know as well." A voice said from behind them.

Mitsur stayed calm. "Hello, anti-me. Or should I say, Rustim?" He scrunched his face, making weird noises, trying to say his name backward.

"Correct, spaz-boy. Now, turn around. I'd like to see you freak out before I kill you."

Mitsur and everyone else turned slowly and dramatically around. Snuzi held white cards in his hand, with the words GASP written on them in big, obnoxious letters.

"Wha....?" They all said, confused by Rustim's appearance.

Rustim wore a checkered polo shirt, khaki shorts, and sandals. His hair was neatly groomed, and slicked back.

"But..." Mitsur stuttered. "You're...so....boring!"

"Indeed." Rustim said, blandly. He leveled a pistol to Mitsur's face, and fired.

The bullet hit Mitsur square between the eyes. It entered his brain-case, destroyed the frontal lobe, and killed him instantly.

Mitsur slumped to the ground, blood gushing out of the hole. He face hit the ground, and his blood stained the rug.

"Wha......?" Havoc said, sounding just like Mitsur.

Rustim raised the gun again, and shot Havoc in the stomach.

Splat grabbed for his gun as Snuzi and Arx lunged for Rustim, but he calmly dodged out of the way, shot them both dead, and turned to shoot Splat but he was too quick.

Splat raised the pistol, shot the gun out of Rustim's hand, who's face contorted with rage and he jumped for the pistol, but Splat blew his brains all over the rug. Rustim fell to the ground, dead.

All of this happened in less than forty seconds.

"Oh my god..." Skillya lost her balance, bent over, and threw up onto the carpet. Bullet, sobbing, fell on his hands and knees and gave great heaving sobs.

Havoc lay on the ground, still alive. Blood bubbled out of his mouth.

"Splat...." he coughed. "Splat..."

Splat knelt, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"What is it, old friend?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"Did...did you get him?"

"Y-y-yeah,"

"Good...good...Splat, listen...I'm dying. Pretty soon...pretty soon I'll catch up on that guy and...and kill him again myself. I hope...I hope to see you there soon. Good...good....ah.....ah....ah." Havoc blew his last breath, his body stiffened, and the light went out of his eyes.

Splat closed Havoc's eyes with the tips of his fingers, gripped the body, (and that's all it was now - a body) and started to shake with tears.

Al was on his knees, looking unbelievably toward the bodies of Mitsur and Havoc.

"No...no, they can't be dead! They can't be!" He shouted hysterically.

"They are," Splat said, sounding dead.

Nemo stumbled to Arx's body, lifted the head back, and sobbed into it's hair.

MM dropped onto his knees, and toyed with his hair, looking as if he wasn't even aware of what was around him.

Seargent lifted his head and gave out a long, inarticulate wail of grief.

Ghost was gone.

"Ghost?" Splat called out, still sounding dead. "Ghost? GHOST!"

"He's gone, too," A small voice said next to them. Splat looked to his left.

Rexy slumped on the ground next to Snuzi's body. It didn't cross Splat's grief-stricken mind to ask how she got here.

"We need to fix this," Rexy said, stroking Snuzi's hair without thinking. Her eyes had no life in them. "We can still wake Alcar up. But we need to move fast. They're coming, now. They're be here soon. I'll hold them."

Splat nodded. Al looked up, his eyes with a bit more life in them. Skillya glanced up, as did Nemo, MM, Bullet, and Seargent.

"Let's go."

Pshhhhh.

Alcar opened his eyes, to a blood-stained, grimy Splat. He yawned, and stretched.

"Hey, Splat! Whats happenin'?"

"Not now, Alcar. You have to get us out of here. Now."

"What are you talking abo-"

Splat grabbed him by the collar and pulled him to face level.

"Just do it." Splat hissed.

"Fine, fine!" Alcar said, and snapped his fingers as a deafening explosion rocked the room.

Splat look toward the door as everything began to fade.

"Goodbye, my dear Rex Tirano. Thank you for sacrificing yourself so we few left may live..." he muttered.

"Wait a second, that wasn't..." Alcar's eyes widened.

Splat nodded, just as everything went white.

The helmet withdrew from Splat's head with a hiss of steam, and Splat winced as he stretched his stiff neck. He had, after all, been in the simulation bay for a few hours.

"I did awful that time..." he muttered, rubbing his neck.

"I'll say," Mitsur said, walking up, eyes bloodshot. "You got both me and Havoc killed. Not to mention Snuzi and Arx."

"I'm sorry..." Splat said sadly. Mitsur smiled, and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Eh, no big deal. I gotta say, though. Havoc did an Oscar-winning performance as he died. I would've called you a noob for letting me die so unheroically."

"Man, that game took forever." Havoc said, stumbling toward them. "At least people acted like it was real this time. Usually Mitsur starts acting weird by the third level...."

"Hey, everyone agreed that it was funny that I showed up wearing only a tube sock."

The three walked toward the cafeteria, still arguing over what was considered proper behavior in simulation.

Above them, a figure in a black, full-length coat watches, and waits.

In his hand is (what else?) a red button. It gleams dully.

The figure's finger presses it.

And glorious, never-ending light begins.

These three are not done yet; not by a long shot.

THE END

It's been a long road. To come this far, only to fall.

Yes, I know it's sort of a lame way to bring myself and Havoc back, but all the other ways were even worse, and leaving myself dead just wouldn't do, you know?

No notes, I can't think of anything that could suitably close this.

Only know that it's not over.

OWF - The Untold Legend 2: 1-26-2007 to 3-19-2007

OWF - The Untold Legend 3: Unknown

-Mitsur

Wrex.

03-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Reiji Neko Mitsukai
Boombat

... Wow...

Eagerly await the third one! With my luck I'll be the one that randomly starts on fire all the time...

03-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Nemo
Clakker Store Clerk

: ǐͣ͋͗̄
: 793
Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)Nemo  (404)

I love my little "I saved the day, now I'm gone" attitude. I've only got, what, two lines?
Either way, good book/novel/novella.
I'll need to get back on my book pretty soon...
03-18-2007, 01:28 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

Wow, dude, for a second there I thought I was actually dead in the story. Clever ending. Can't wait for the third!

03-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: Jan 2006
: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

:
I love my little "I saved the day, now I'm gone" attitude. I've only got, what, two lines?
Heh, thank yourself lucky. I didn't get a mention.

Awesome last chapter, I can't wait for number 3. You've done anazing on this chapter, great job Mitsur.
03-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Awesome Chapter! And I totally kicked your butt Nemo, I got three lines.
:
"Come on, buddy. Get up." Arxryl said, pulling Mitsur to his feet.
:
"That's a pretty crappy plan, y'know." Arx said.
:
"Oh my god...." Arx gasped. "It's horrible!"
See? three.

Maybe they should've checked the broom closet... no! Not like that! Maybe Alcar was in there the entire time.

Still an awesome end to an awesome story! I wanna read the next one!

Last edited by Arxryl; 03-18-2007 at 06:24 AM..
03-18-2007, 08:55 AM
Splat

Awesome ending, good cliffhanger at the end!
I think it would have been cool to have spent mroe time after your 'death'. I have nothing against you, just that killing off a main character is a great plot device, and its good to see how the others struggle to cope without him/her.
Bust sill, very good.
YAY, I got to play a big role!!!

03-18-2007, 09:29 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

What a dramatic ending! Just like a real...movie or summat. Excellent work, I can't wait for 3!

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

03-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Wait... I died? I died?!! WTF I DIED?!!!!

03-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Apr 2006
: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

And I didn't? Getting shot is my thing! How dare Havoc usurp my purpose?

03-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Seargentbig
Sleg

Seargentbig  (10)

Nah, the ending wasn't bad. At least, no-one died, did they? And I reckon I could count my parts on the fingers on one hand, eh? Great! Heh, and it was funny. All those tense moments properly underlined, and stuff.

03-19-2007, 05:11 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

:
Wait... I died? I died?!! WTF I DIED?!!!!
I DIED!!! I DIED I TELL YOU!!