06-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

: Jan 2010
: You don't want to know
: 609
Lord Stanley  (121)Lord Stanley  (121)

CHAPTER EIGHTY-EIGHT

Stranger really, really wished he had his crossbow with him right now. The stream of Snoozers came marching across the throne room toward the Mudokon and Steef, lasers firing –

But Jake and Abe were already dashing out the door, Abe staggering as the shaman helped him to speed away. Stranger performed a quick dodge roll that took him away from the Snoozer’s seeking blasts, and then was out of the room.

“Get to the fields outside!” Jake shouted at him. “There’s a Mudokon army out there!”

Stranger blinked in surprise, as he fell down to all fours and bounded past the two running Mudokons. An army? A Mudokon army, at that? He’d always thought the green-skinned people weren’t intelligent enough to make an army of their own, and storm the very gates of the Glukkon capital –

But then he remembered Abe. A race was never to be underestimated, even if the majority of them were ignorant.

His barreling charge through the dark, klaxon-blaring hallways of the Glukkon palace, winding between great halls full of industrialist art and testing rooms full of new experimentations brought back old memories. Memories of that great dash he had done through Sekto’s fortress-like dam when the Grubb catapults were preparing to bring the building down around him…

But that had been a long time ago. Back then, his life had one driving purpose: to destroy Sekto. The Oktogi had done him wrong, and he had not let the demon get away with it.

And, as a bonus, all the Grubbs were on his side now.

He shrugged a Slig out of his way, face-planting the enforcer against the wall. Life had been so simple then, back when his purpose had been so defined.

What was his purpose now?

He thought back to the previous few days, when he had hunted down, captured, and then befriended the Mudokon Abe. He had been working with Urchyn McAvi, a scummy Wolvark type with the same kind of moral ambiguity Stranger had shown back during his bounty hunter days.

What was his purpose now? To get money again?

He had put that past behind him. King Fragg had imprisoned him in the dungeons here, for no good reason at all – so why shouldn’t he do as he had done before, and take up his grudge against the industrialists once more? The Grubbs’ nature forces had triumphed over the Wolvark industries in the end.

Stranger smiled as he approached the palace exits. That sounded like a good way to get back in business.

06-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

: Dec 2008
: Rijeka
: 1,246
Scraby  (132)Scraby  (132)

thx,cool chapters

06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE

Laser bolts flashed past the cockpit at the speed of light, leaving behind faint glimmer-trails that flashed against Cloud’s HUD. Some of those laser bolts slammed into the shuttle, their superconcentrated beams piercing through the thick titanisteel as if it were nearly nonexistent, ripping and shredding into the framework of the shuttle.

The kinetic force that came from the gas tank’s explosion picked up Cloud as if he were no more than a rag doll and spun him out of the cockpit into the back of the shuttle, clearing the rows of chairs with his back and coming to a stop upside-down and backwards against the hard wall. The flame from the explosion rippled out the smoking holes of the Bodhran shuttle.

The shuttle began to go down.

Cloud collapsed off the wall onto his back, and despite the burn damage done to his exposed lower face, his armor had kept back most of the blast. He shoved himself up to his feet, grabbing at his gun – and then dropping again when he saw the barrel was fused shut from the fire blast.

He turned toward the cockpit, intending to see what he could do to help Crak –

But stopped. “Oh, no,” he whispered. “No.”

Frizzl’s limp body, smoke rising from the charred form, lay stretched out across the seats in a position that could not be done unless every bone in his body had been broken. Frizzl had been seated right beside the gas tank when it blew.

If Cloud had not known the Bodhran Slig by name, he would not have recognized the smoking hulk that remained.

“Oh, Odd, no,” he sobbed out. He reached out a finger to touch the body, just to make sure it was dead, and the body’s heat was searing from the fireball.

Crak staggered out of a storage closet, his face grim. “Poor fool,” he grunted upon sight of the scorched body, and then his face went even grimmer. “We’re gonna jump. Without parachutes.”

Cloud didn’t take the time to disagree. He could tell, just from how long they had been spiraling downward, that the ground could not be too far away. And anyway, he’d announced himself to the Sligs on the battlefield as the “Slig Commando Squad.”

Cloud staggered for the door. With one swing of his fist, he bashed open the lock and without a thought for his own safety he leapt out the door.

06-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Slacker
Zappfly

: Jun 2010
: Mexico
: 4
Slacker  (10)

Wow...I wasn't expecting this Bringer of Pain guy to be Munch. I just can't...picture him with his funny, slow voice roaring "PAIN RAWR!" and shooting electricity out of his fingertips while fisting people at the speed of sound.
It's like a parody of Munch in a nutshell with Sephiroth thrown into the madfest. In a nutshell.
06-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Wow, you breezed through this story real quick. I should have another chapter up by tonight. I haven't seen much of Urchyn McAvi for a long time; he ought to do something by now.
06-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Sorry this took so long to get posted.

CHAPTER NINETY

Alarm klaxons blared in the walls around him, and with bounty hunter reflexes Urchyn McAvi threw himself into a dodge roll, coming back up with Slig rifle in hand. But there was no enemy within sight, unless he counted the Sligs that wandered down the hallway on patrol duty. He had no love for the mechanically-enhanced enforcers; neither did they enjoy the presence of a Wolvark bounty hunter inside the royal palace.

McAvi snorted, as he lowered his gun. A royal palace for a king who had lost his throne to a Gabbit.

That was another thing McAvi had come to hate: beings who thought they knew more than they should. That Gabbit – the Bringer of Pain, as he had introduced himself – knew little of the ways of the world, but seemed to know much of power.

Stranger, the great Steef who had destroyed Sekto Springs Dam – McAvi’s old workplace – did know a lot of things, however. Which was the only reason why McAvi had invited Stranger along on his hunt for Abe, a hunt that had come to fruition.

The gates of the palace loomed up ahead – tall and threatening in the light shining from behind it –

And standing not ten feet away from him, growling and baring his teeth in a particularly demonic way, was the Steef himself.

“Hello, McAvi,” Stranger snarled.

McAvi did not raise his gun, just in case the Steef was not hostile, but by all appearances the big bounty hunter was about to attack. “What do you want, Stranger?” he asked –

Stranger’s answer was a roar and a mad leap through the air.

06-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-ONE

Abe heard the tremendous roar and the collision of two bodies in the air that could be nothing else but Stranger and someone of nearly equal size, and as Jake increased his speed out of intrigue and they rounded a corner in the palace, emerging out into the smoke-choked sunlight, his theory was proved correct.

“I’m getting better with age,” he muttered to himself.

Stranger and what appeared to be Urchyn McAvi were rolling around on the ground, locked in a fierce struggle. Both of them were clawing and tearing at each other in such an animalistic manner that Abe could not even tell if that was a Wolvark at all. Blood spattered the ground and the air, and Stranger’s roar continued – a tremendous thundering of rage and pain that would not stop.

Abe shook off Jake’s arm. “I can walk on my own – don’t interrupt them, we have to get outside.”

“Right, the Mudokon army.” Jake frowned. “What are you going to do?”

Abe tested his weight on both feet. The pain staggered him, and he nearly fell – but before Jake could grab him, he pulled himself back to his full height. He began to limp toward the gates, grabbing the rifle the presumably Wolvark bounty hunter had dropped.

“What are you going to do?!” Jake shouted again.

“The same thing we’ve always done, Jake,” Abe laughed tiredly. He flipped up his gun and began firing off laser rounds at the generator for the door’s protection field.

Jake hurried toward him, moving quickly despite his advanced age. “What have we always done, Abe?”

Abe turned and smiled at the shaman, though he could find no reason to be happy. “We’ve always done what we’ve had to.”

Apparently stray blasterfire from the Slig/Mudokon battle had damaged the door’s protection field; it took little time for Abe’s small laser carbine to shut off the field. Stranger’s roar still had not ceased, and Abe had no idea how the massive once-bounty-hunter managed to keep his rage going.

He glanced at the floor battle that still raged between Stranger and the Wolvark, and grimaced at the sight of one of Stranger’s legs, severed at the knee, lying on the ground in a pool of blood.

Then he turned, activated the gate’s opening switch, and headed out into the battle.

06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Slacker
Zappfly

: Jun 2010
: Mexico
: 4
Slacker  (10)

Is Stranger fighting McAvi for a reason or you just wanted those two to maul each other for enjoyment's sake?
06-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Stranger has kind-of gone berserk. It's an unusual condition found only in Steef when they give themselves completely over to their battle rage - he's decided that the best purpose for his life is just to point himself at an enemy and maul it...and he's doing a good job of it. He always has, if you know "Stranger's Wrath." McAvi is just fighting in self-defense.
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-TWO

“Stop this fight! Stop it! Stop it now!”

Abe clenched his fists angrily. No one could hear him over the roaring din of battle. No one would take the time to notice him amidst a storm of laserfire.

One of these lasers skimmed the edge of his head and put a fresh new burn scar along his blue scalp, a sharp reminder to duck and dodge while trying to avoid death.

“Everybody stop shooting and listen to me!” he roared, waving his arms frantically as he ducked and dodged about.

No one stopped.

Abe swore under his breath and shook his head. I bet I look like an idiot…

He stumbled back in surprise, as he heard a loud screaming of air that was an object falling; a glance upward revealed a huge jetcopter, black smoke trailing from blasted openings, and a pair of Sligs just tumbling out through the open door.

Both Sligs landed face-first on the ground, bumped and rolled a short distance. The jetcopter was not so fortunate; the huge vehicle rolled once, its spin carrying it slightly out of the fight before it plowed into the ground.

There was a bright flash of hot light, and red flame that enveloped a good area, and blazing bits of rubble flew in all directions from the jetcopter’s end, startling the fighters out of their battle to stare at the flames, and causing a bit of dark humor as both sides were ambushed from behind.

Abe didn’t notice. He was too busy fiddling with the body of one of the Sligs, stripping open his soldier-model mask and searching for the one piece of Slig equipment that he could really admire: the microphone upgrade.

As the Slig beneath him groaned and blinked open his eyes, Abe found the microphone and delicately yanked it out of the Slig’s mask. “Better let me hang onto this for a minute,” he said.

The Slig weakly raised a hand. “Hey, that’s—”

“Mine,” Abe said, and stood up again, holding the microphone. He switched the volume to the highest settings, then screamed into it, “Hey!!! Everyone listen to me!”

06-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Even if I say so myself, this chapter is awesomely ominous...

CHAPTER NINETY-THREE

Deep down in the darkness, far underneath any perceivable, conceivable, or believable depth of Glukkon mining, in the black pitch of emptiness where existed nothing but the Dark—

Something moved.

Deep down in the darkness, where the quakes and tremors of Oddworld were nothing but delightful massages for the blind, twisted monsters that inhabited the darkness, down where the fire lacked any color—

Something moved.

Deep down in the darkness, where the only sounds were the dripping of drops of emptiness into the sea of emptiness, and the rumbling of fiery Oddworld-core storms a short way beneath—

Something moved.

This something had moved before, but not for any great distance and not for any length of time. Its mind had been completely shut down and its body processes slowed down to complete suspended animation to prevent its death while it slept.

It slept, and waited.

It waited in the blackness as the Great War against the Ninth Chieftain raged. Waited in the blackness as the War of Tears terminated the Oktigi and nearly destroyed the Mudokon race. Waited in the blackness as Glukkon empires rose, dominated, and fell. Waited in the blackness as Abe was born, lived, and triumphed.

But no longer.

That something stretched blood and life back into its veins for the first time in several weeks; only a few weeks ago, its mind had momentarily slipped free of its bounds and encountered the mind of a Gabbit. Upon touching that mind, the something’s darkness had corrupted the mind of the Gabbit, and with some glee the something had impressed upon the Gabbit the importance of restoring the Dark to the land.

Now the Gabbit – under the name the Bringer of Pain – would clean the land for the something’s arrival.

It was time to rise again.

It was time to show Oddworld just who was the most powerful being of all time, just who deserved to be the total ruler of the planet.

It was time to show them how powerful the Dark was.

With a mighty roar of power that shook the core of Oddworld and tore it free of the shackles of suspended animation, the something lifted its head, bent its muscles beneath it, and then leapt high. The white-hot spikes atop its head gouged easily through the earth as it plowed up toward the surface at alarming speed.

Deep down in the darkness, the Keuja was returning.

06-30-2010, 04:18 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

cool the dark is returning gulp

06-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-FOUR

Slowly, nearly everyone on the battlefield turned to face Abe, and it was not with malevolent intent. Sligs looked at him with narrowed eyes, the Mudokons with curiosity; the battlefield seemed unOddworldly silent after the cauterized death that had been sown only moments before.

Listen to me!” Abe shouted over the loudspeaker. “Fools! This is all a misunderstanding!”

At the word fools, several Sligs turned their guns on him with intent to fire, but Abe followed up with more interesting words. “King Fragg is dead! There’s no reason for our fight!”

He jabbed his hand up at the sky. “The real enemy we should be fighting is the Bringer of Pain – that Gabbit!”

Several briefly flicked glances upward at the Gabbit’s jetcopter. Abe chanced a look that way himself, and noted with apprehension that the jetcopter in question was moving quickly toward the battlefield now.

“That Gabbit doesn’t want to rule over us!” Abe shouted. “He wants us all in pain, and eventually dead!”

A Slig laughed, its mechanical voice making the words even more like a sneer than usual. “Why would he want that?”

“He says he serves the Dark!” Abe shook his fist in the air. “He’s totally insane! We have to destroy him, and then we can find a solution to our fight!”

Huge laser bolts slammed into the ground a few feet from his own, burning and sizzling down through the grass and plowing deep through the soil. Abe threw aside the microphone and dove and rolled out of the jetcopter’s firing area, grabbing at a Slig rifle that had been dropped at the death of its wielder.

As soon as he made sure the weapon was on Automatic settings, he spun to face the Jetcopter and jerked back the trigger. Laser bolts sprayed out of his weapon and rippled across the jetcopter’s shield.

“Everybody!” Abe screamed, as the jetcopter began to launch more huge lasers at him. Again he ducked, tucked, and rolled. “Fire! Fire now!”

07-01-2010, 06:16 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

: LOOK AT MAC SIRLOINS NOSE!
: 694
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!  (-80)

some prts of this story are really upsetting, great so far! keep up the brilliant work! i want more!! im really loving this story, just a quick thing, YOU KILLED BIG FACE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that was really devostating cuz abe hadnt seen him in years, then he sees him and BANG, bullet right through him!
i think alfs death was one of the best too cuz of the way u talked about the three bullets in his head, that was really upsettind too lol!

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-01-2010 at 08:59 AM..
07-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Nobody else has had the guts to kill off main characters so far (mind, this story is unofficial and they can still be considered living) so I figured I would make it a little bit emotional. I thought Alf's death was handled pretty honorably, despite the stuff Alf has done over the years that makes me want to curse at him.
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

oh by the way is it ok if i copy and paste ur story on my laptop so i can read it wen im not on the internet, CUZ ITS SO GUD!!! i cant get over how much i love this story, its like seeing the most of abe iv'e ever seen before, like i can really relate to him, and i actually get upset when someone dies lol!
07-02-2010, 04:19 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

wow,yeah when i read this story i feel like im in there when i read it i amagine whats happening at the time i read it,fantastic story +rep

07-02-2010, 05:48 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

yeah +rep from me too.
07-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

You may copy this and put it on your laptop, but please DO NOT claim this work as your own, and please do not attempt to distribute it publicly without my permission.

ABE: "Uh...what's "+rep" mean? *scratches head* I think it's a kind of rug..."

MUNCH: "No, a +rep is a kind of fish, you stitchlipped idiot!"

ABE: "Call me an idiot again and - "

MUNCH: "Idiot."

ABE: "And I'll - "

MUNCH: "Idiot."

ABE: "And I'll - "

MUNCH: "Hey, look, why don't you go off and save some Mudokons? That's why The Lorne Lanning created you, after all."

ABE: "He also created you as fishbait."

MUNCH: "WHAT?!!!"

(They immediately fall to fighting.) That was just some random weirdness to add some entertainment to this thread, as I am pathetic with humor...

EDIT:Hold on a second. The Oddworld Inhabitants symbols under my username have gone from 1 to 3...does that mean +rep adds to my little symbols? Does it also have anything to do with "Representative Power?"

Last edited by Lord Stanley; 07-02-2010 at 08:35 AM..
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

CHAPTER NINETY-FIVE

Stranger slowly heaved himself to his remaining three feet, staring silently at the dead body of his adversary and onetime partner Urchyn McAvi. The Wolvark had managed to put up one tough fight, but the Steef’s battle rage had allowed him to win over the smaller being in the end. He picked up the Slig rifle he had dropped at the beginning of the fight, only to find out that the weapon’s barrel had been crimped shut.

Instead, he picked up the Wolvark’s weapon, a thicker and broader carbine with three barrels, a formidable weapon to use against any unshielded opponent. The sounds of battle outside the gate had gone silent, something the battle-hungry Steef found disappointing now that he was thick in his thirst for death.

Why had the guns gone silent, and why did he hear Abe’s voice instead, bouncing around the Glukkon capital as if the Mudokon was using a Slig microphone? He heard the rousing words of Abe’s furious speech, but he could not tell what the Mudokon hero was saying due to the loud sound of a Slig jetcopter buzzing through the sky overhead.

Stranger’s jaw locked. He remembered the Gabbit, the one that could wield power, and knew it had to be that idiotic Bringer of Pain flying in that jetcopter.

Lifting his new three-barreled weapon to his shoulder, he pulled back on the trigger. The weapon was not automatic, which displeased him a small bit, but the trio of blasts that it fired at once nearly made up for the lack of automatic fire. The jetcopter’s shields caught his blasts and those of another gun from outside, but Stranger kept firing as fast as he could pull the trigger.

He remembered the blaze of pain the Gabbit had given him, and wanted to pay that blasted being back in full for everything the Bringer of Pain had done to him and Abe.

He heard Abe’s voice roaring “Fire! Fire now!” and suddenly the air was full of the spattering of energy bolts. Stranger’s eyes widened, as he saw that not only were there the blue bolts of Mudokon Spoocebows, but also the reddish/yellow lasers of Slig carbines. Abe’s speech must have been motivational indeed, if he had gotten both the Sligs and Mudokons to help him.

Then the Gabbit began to fight back. Huge cannons on the sides of the jetcopter blazed away at the Mudokon and Slig armies outside the city gates, and Stranger heard lots of screaming, sizzling, and other sounds he guessed were lasers disintegrating flesh and armor.

But there were so many lasers striking the jetcopter that eventually its shields failed. Storms of bolts burned their way into the jetcopter’s body frame, and smoke belched out of multiple holes. It might have been his imagination, but Stranger thought he heard a deep, guttural voice cursing as the jecopter began to spin out of control toward the ground.

The jetcopter twisted out of Stranger’s sight past the city walls, and there was the massive roar and gout of flame that announced the end of the vehicle – and the Bringer of Pain.

07-02-2010, 11:11 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

Happy

[QUOTE=Lord Stanley;446688]You may copy this and put it on your laptop, but please DO NOT claim this work as your own, and please do not attempt to distribute it publicly without my permission.[QUOTE]

nahh course i wont, i just think its really cool, great chapter, and yeah rep means plus reputation.

when are you gonna do some more

Last edited by ODDWORLDisTHEbest!; 07-03-2010 at 06:38 AM..
07-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

I'll try to have another chapter up by Monday. And if you think I'm going slow, remember that this thread was only started in February and it already has 95 chapters. I think this is the fastest-moving fanfic out there so far.

Fish n' chips while you're waiting?
07-03-2010, 12:33 PM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

Oddworld

lol!
07-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Oh, nevermind. Writing inspiration hit my head like a load of...uh, Munch's lightning.

CHAPTER NINETY-SIX

Abe cautiously approached the smoking wreckage of the fallen copter. A few years ago, during the events of RuptureFarms and SoulStorm Brewery, he would have confidently walked up to the jetcopter or not even checked it out at all; but he was a warrior now, tried and true in the fires of a hundred huge factory corporations, and he would not turn his back on an enemy, nor would he act without thinking.

He had already paid for his former lack of caution with the lack of his old cheerfulness.

“If you see the Gabbit,” Abe called out, “shoot it! We can’t afford to let him live!”

It pained him to order the on-sight execution of the Gabbit who had once been his friend, but Munch was gone. All that was left in his place was the Bringer of Pain.

Because of him, Bigface and the last of the Gabbits were dead. Abe meant to repay him for what he had done.

He shifted his grip on the Slig carbine and peered into the smoke and flames –

Through the fire and flames came the Bringer of Pain.

The Gabbit came blasting out through the flickering orange, his teeth bared in a snarl, raising one hand –

Abe opened fire out of reflex, as did a dozen other Sligs on this side of the jetcopter. Munch spun and flipped in midair, dodging every single bolt fired, and from his fingertips came a blast of lightning.

Now it was Abe’s turn to dodge out of the way. The black forks struck the ground and threw chunks of scorched sod into the air.

More laser bolts and some Spoocebow shots came flying at the Gabbit. The Bringer of Pain’s face was contorted in a ragged snarl as he took a Spoocebow shot in the shoulder, but immediately flipped through the air and unleashed a blast of dark lightning that disintegrated three Sligs and a Mudokon.

Then Abe noticed that Munch was smiling.

The ground began to tremor underfoot, and the Gabbit began to laugh. Mudokons and Sligs began to stagger for balance, and Abe fell flat on his back.

“Behold,” Munch laughed. “The master of the Dark.”

Something huge exploded out of the battlefield, scattering Mudokons and Sligs like dust on the wind as it rose to tower before them.

07-04-2010, 02:11 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

oooo, yet again, another great chapter! can't wait to read the next part!
07-05-2010, 01:44 AM
Scraby
Outlaw Cutter

this is so cool lol i amagined the twin engined black copter falling and crashing in a desert like ground nearby walls,and then munch started killing sligs and mudokons at the edge of the crater,and then a black thing (i amagine it has somekind of tentacles)bursts from the ground where was the copter

07-06-2010, 08:35 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

yeah this is the best fanfic so far! ive seen some great fanfics and then the author hasnt finished it, you must finish this its awesome!(i dont usually say that word, i'm english)
07-06-2010, 09:57 AM
STM
Anarcho-Apiarist

: Jun 2008
: Your mother
: 9,859
STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)STM  (6435)

C'mon hurry up Stan, you've capture my attention again

07-06-2010, 10:20 AM
Lord Stanley
Boombat Seeker

Your affliction is now relieved.

CHAPTER NINETY-SEVEN

Abe had seen many terrible things in his life of trouble. He had seen Mudokons diced to pieces under meat grinders in fountains of blood and guts, and seen Sligs explode internally after he released them from his possession. He had seen beings fall off cliffs and become nothing but inanimate red pancakes on the ground far below.

But he quickly concluded that nothing – absolutely nothing – could be as terrible as the monster that stood before him.

The thing, “the master of the Dark,” stood at least a hundred feet tall, but Abe had no idea. All he knew was that it was massive. A reptilian creature, it was cloaked in mud-streaked silver scales that stretched across its back and down its belly. It stood on two short but powerful legs, tipped in claws that gripped the earth. Its arms were the size of trees, pulsing with muscle, and though there were no claws on its forearms, it had a pair of leathery black wings sprouting from its shoulders. Small, Oktigi-like tentacles stuck out from its torso and waved like trees in the wind. Its head was black, as big as Abe himself, with rows of sharp teeth and bright red eyes.

With a voice of thunder, the thing spoke. “I AM THE KEUJA, MASTER OF ALL I SEE AND MASTER OF ALL THAT I CANNOT. BOW BEFORE ME.”

Abe hoped the thing could hear his pitifully small voice, but he yelled up at it, “We’re not in the habit of surrendering to monsters like you!”

The Keuja shook its massive head back and forth. “FOOLISH ONES. YOU HAVE GROWN TO THINK OF THE DARK AS THE PITIFUL SHADOWS CAST BY THE GLUKKONS. BUT THE DARK IS SO MUCH MORE THAN ANY OF YOU COULD EVER REALIZE.”

Abe signaled to the Mudokons and Sligs around the area to raise their guns to point at the massive creature. “If you have a point, Keuja, spit it out already!”

The Keuja’s tentacles began to move quickly, whipping the air like egg beaters. “YOU WILL NOT SURRENDER TO THE DARK AND BECOME MY SLAVES? SO BE IT, THEN!”

Abe felt more fear in that moment than he had ever felt before, but he also felt a sense of calm. He might die here, at the hands of this hideous monstrosity, but that did not matter; he had a duty to Oddworld itself, and that involved fighting against its enemies with all the power in his body.

He would not back down.

07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
ODDWORLDisTHEbest!
Sleg

ooooo thats great! cant wait to see what happens! and at least theres something good on the oddworld forums that wont annoy me, this is the only place i like on here cuz for some reason evereyone hates me lol, youve seen it on the so is oddworld gone forever thread lol.