Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

06-24-2005, 09:09 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

Boogie: "Hey, that robot thingy just said something about a dark organic terrorist. I just saw something dark and fast near that cafeteria entrance, and even though I have night-vision, it looked very dark. It might be him.
So, what did he do?"

06-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Sefon:"Terrorist?" (under his breath) "I've been called one of those a few times..."

He turned around and walked back to the entrance of the cafeteria.

Sefon:"What's going on out here? I thought I heard something about a terrorist..."

Groll:"What are you so worried about this paramite for anyway? If it's gone then good riddance I say!"

He starts fiddling with a knob on the scope of his rifle.

06-24-2005, 09:24 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

The Mysterious Figure was at the Cafeteria entrance when he herad Carls anouncement. He ignored it and walked into the Cafeteria. He plled out his gun and started shooting things.

Mysterious Figure:"Die, must kill all!"

The Mysterious Figure then turned around for he couldn't see anyone and headed for the Boiler Room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The fire at the notice board room was growing bigger and had wiped out the notice board control system so the factory had no idea what was going on.
The door shut down to pevent any fire from escapeing.

At the Board Room Carl was getting furious.
Carl:"Were the hell is he...what a minute, were's my Moolah?"
Tucker:"I left it at the Notice Board Room."
Carl:"GOD! Hurry and get it! Be back within 5 minutes!"
Tucker:"Yes, sir."

Tucker then left the room running to the notice board room.

06-25-2005, 12:24 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

ooc: i'm back, breifly, what did i miss? my internet isn't working, so i'm using my parents, so i'll be on less. can i just leave nibb in the native village, and martha at the farms, and start from there?

06-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

OOC: Er, chirpy, if he shot at everybody at the cafeteria why did he leave due to not seeing anything. Surely if he couldn't see anything he wouldn't bother shooting? I'll try to respond to chirpy, dripik and big bro boogie's posts, but I duno if it'll seem right.

IC:
Arthur turned to RG-49 "Yo, tinpot Slig, I am not a terrorist, you can even search me, I don't have any weapons!" He turned to #7 Slig "Hi there, I'm Arthur, I just got transferred here and I need a job, so I'm looking for Arnie, do you know where he is?" Arthur then quietly mutterred "And what's up with that robot guy there?"
Arthur then turned to boogie "I didn't see anything that way, but that might be cause I was talking to Sefon here."
Arthur ducked as bullets suddenly started flying from somewhere, he got lightly hit in the shoulder but was able to see a dark figure slinking away when the bullets stopped. "What the frag was that!? The terrorist?" yelled Arthur after the commotion.

Last edited by Munch's Master; 06-25-2005 at 12:50 AM..
06-25-2005, 01:52 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: Grrrr, darn browser made me have to type this all up again.

Chirpy, I would be very careful about treading where you seem to be going right now. It seems to me that if you aren't taking control of the RPG now, you're sitting right on the edge of attempting to do so. If you do some backreading of the RPG, you'll see that so far every attempt to make some "big danger threat" has been severely frowned upon. We don't need big disasters and terrorists to make a good storyline for an RPG.

Also, I find it incredibly annoying when people try and make their characters "super superior." I'll use Splat's Stivik as a good example here, look at Stivik's profile and actions, he's a special slig, with special skills, and a special job, not to mention an unusually large amount of intelligence for a slig, but he still fits into the RPG fine, without any show offs or grandiose effects. And I believe the main reason for this is because he is treated as a normal character. Special skills and powers are great, but remember, you're character is still just a character, like everyone else's.
I feel that you need to stop trying to grab everyone's attention so much, or you may find yourself with more attention than you bargained for, of the wrong sort! Just let the story flow, stop trying to push it in your direction.

To all the other RPGers, I apologize if you disagree with anything I've said, or if any of it is incorrect, but I really need to make my frustrations clear.

06-25-2005, 03:05 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)
Happy

OCC: He shot lets say "THE EXTRAS" and couldn't find anyone else alive, hope that answers your question...and I am not trying to stand out, for christ sakes! Excuse my language but you made me do that! And my characters are not Superior! Just every day characters, they die easy, have all the weaknessess. I am not putting the story in my direction, I just need to see the boss, and the mysterious charcters identity will be revelied, so stop picking on me! I have read the entire WARP Rpg threads, so I would appretiate it if you would just settle this as a private message.
Thank you.

Tucker was running down the hallway when he started to smell smoke.

Tucker:"Someone left the toaster on."

Tucker reached the notice board room. He open the door and was blown back by flames.

Tucker:"Oh no!"

Tucker looked around and found a fire extinguisher. He grabbed it and put out the flames. Helooked in the burned room and saw that the Moolah had been burned.

Tucker:"Hes going to be pissed!"

Tucker made his way back to the board room.

The Mysterious Figure suddenly heard something in the Cafateria.

Mysterious Figure:"Voices."

He slowly moved back into the Cafateria.

Mysterious Figure:"WHO SAID THAT?"

He then found them. He raised his gun to Arthers head...but there was an electric shocker in his neck and the Mysterious Figure fell to the ground.

06-25-2005, 04:32 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: I'm lost. Anyway, sorry I'm late guys! I had my last exam yesterday, and now NO MORE EDUCATION TILL SEPTEMBER!!!
Anyway,

Stivik: "Cause if the paramite does have a disease [i hate that word to spell], when it dies if something comes and eats it, which it probably will, the animals that eat it will get the disease and then the animals which eat those and so on till we have a flipping epidemic." he's getting rather frustrated. This place is massive and Somi could be anywhere.

06-25-2005, 08:34 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

When Anni got far away enough not to be heard, she started to walk normally.

"So um... I'm afraid I have to hide you in the old part of this Factory... Untill i come up with a new plan." Anni said, and headed in that direction.

"Uh ok. What about Freak?" Somi asked.

"You take care of him, I'll bring food to you both." Anni answered.

Soon they got to the old part, and found a place where no soul had been before.

"There. Now, I have to leave. I'll be back in a short time, ok?" Anni said.

"Yea yea, but be careful." Somi answered.

Anni nodded, and walked out.
As she walked, she saw Math and Nick, and ran over to them.

"Uh I'm sorry for leaving like that... But there were things i had to take care of." She said to Math, not looking at Nick, "Can i talk to you in private?"
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

06-25-2005, 09:41 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Arthur spun around at the sound of the electric charge. "There it is!" He yelled to get the others' attention. The shadowy figure was there on the goround in front of him. Arthur was unsure what to do, so he sprang back from it to get a safe(r) distance away. As he moved he reached for the creature's gun (ooc: But will he get it, that's up to you chirpy)
06-25-2005, 01:50 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: I'm still not convinced...

IC:
Groll:"Well, I think you've made it clear that it's not here. Looks to me like you're trying to find a needle in a haystack."

Sefon calmly watched from where he stood, not moving until he thought he needed to, which, of course, might not even happen. He'd had enough experience in situations like this to appear fairly indifferent to it.

06-25-2005, 02:56 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: Chirpy7, I (or must I say we) don't actually like times when characters just suddenly pop-in, then tries to kill evrything, dies or dissapears or even gets caught and dies while imploding which destroys[damn that word] the factory. If you want that, go create a fan fic, or go watch Jason. Just quit unawarely tempt to sabotage a nice RPG.
(I hope I wrote correct English)

--IC--

Scruben: "Yeauw!"
Floyd: "What! Are you hit?"
Scruben: "No, but-"
Boogie: "Aargh, that son of a slurg shot one of my back torches!"

*Boogie sees that the figure falls down and Arthur reaches for his gun*

Boogie: "Arthur, step back. Or even better: disarm him by shooting the gun outta his... his... whatever it is, I can't see it clearly, that'd be safer."

*Boogie turns to Scruben*
Boogie: "Did I schock you?"
Scruben: "No, but I got hot sparks in my eyes, they burn like hell, man."
[Ever since, Scruben's eyes looked red even more than before.]

Floyd: "Sefon, you've been in touch with chemicals before, so how do we save Scrubby's eyes?"

Last edited by big bro boogie; 06-25-2005 at 02:59 PM..
06-25-2005, 05:19 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

OOC: I am not trying to kill anyone, I killed "the extras" and I am not trying to sabotage this RPG! Why would I do that for if I did, were would we play this RPG?

Mysterious Figure:"Do not do that."

He stood up and looked at Arther. He than pulled a chip out of his head.

Mysterious Figure:"Carl is going to destroy this place. I need to kill Carl before he gets that chance."

He than pulled off his Cape reviling himself to Arther.

Mysterious Figure:"My names Johnson, can you help me find the Boiler Room?"

OOC: HE IS AT LAST REVEILED!
Name: Johnson
Species: Steef
Description: Looks alot like Stranger nut with a machiene gun.
Bio: Was on the run from Margaret when he ran into Carl's shack, Carl said he would be safe but turned him in for lots of Moolah. Carl got Tucker to break him out of prison so he could put a chip in his head, so he would help find what Carl is at Rupture Farms for...

Last edited by kjjcarpenter; 06-25-2005 at 05:37 PM..
06-25-2005, 08:35 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: no offence, but i'm a bit sick of yur crazy action-packed characters chirpy, i mean, you've created too many, then let them loose, it'll destroy the farms. please let them act calmer, i'm sorry if i seem mean but try and find a gentler aproach to situations, like open dorrs instead of blowing them up, and argue with people instead of killing them. action is good, but your adding to much for this RPG, please stop.
instead of reading everything, can someone please give me a recap of what has happened so far?
oh, before i go, this farm needs more security, with murder and destruction and such, so could i create another character? he'll probably be a native nibb brought back, although i'd prefer a non-slig industrailist.

Last edited by mudling; 06-25-2005 at 08:38 PM..
06-25-2005, 09:34 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

I have not created too many characters, I created 5 and killed off 2, so I only have 3, thats not much.

06-25-2005, 11:32 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: it is for the amount of time this RPG has been up, sorry. i know i'm about to create heaps too, but as long as i can control them, it is fine. you can control your characters, so it isn't a major issue either, just there actions. interact with others better aswell, that is the purpose of RPG's.

06-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

THere are no "extras". One of the rules of W@RF is no random characters. the only characters are the ones we've made. You are going a bit over the top. You don't have to kill loads of people and destroy everyhing in your path to make an effect.

Stivik looks at Groll and and pauses. But he can't deny the logic. "Fine. We could be looking for ages." He stands up straight. "I'll see if I can find anything to help look."

All he has to do is get the paramite before Anni can get it out. He heads towards the door, spotting Nick and Math in the way. "Hey, Nick. Where's Anni?" She's the best person to have look for the paramite.

06-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

OOC: OMG Chirpy what are you doing? One minute your mysterious guy tries to kill us, the next he's on our side. Earlier he is at the boiler room, now he doesn't know where it is. How is that? Your main guy (Carl) is trying to blow up the place, this new guy is trying to kill him, I'm sorry if I sound mean, but you seem a bit power-hungry in this RPG.

IC:

Arthur stared at the steef in surprise "Wha? Boiler Room, uhh, I dunno where it is, I just got a job here. Better ask someone else." Arthur then realised "Hey! You tried to kill us, why are you on our side now hmm?" He then turned to the others and realised Scruben was hurt around the eye area. "Hey Scrubby, you OK?" He looked to Boogie "Do any of you guys have medical skills, I dunno how to help him."

Last edited by Munch's Master; 06-26-2005 at 04:45 AM..
06-26-2005, 05:02 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Anni stepped away so that Stivik could see her.

"I'm right here Idiot..." Anni said.

She stepped away from him.

"Math, can i please talk to you... In private?" Anni said again.

She was getting impatient, and knew that she needed to see Somi soon.

============

Last edited by T-nex; 06-26-2005 at 06:12 PM.. : A spellingn error. sp=so
06-26-2005, 05:56 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Boogie: "Damn you f*cking creepy steef! I won't answer any of yo' questions before YOU help US out here. You have wounded our friend, shot my back torch and now questioning us. I hate f*cking violence OK? now if you don't do as I sa-"

*Boogie coughs loudly, as his lungs still were affected by the steam*

Boogie: "Whoa, *cough* can't breath... *cough*"

*Boogie fainted*

06-26-2005, 06:29 AM
Splat

ooc: sorry T, when Anni said "I'm right here" was she whispering it or telling Stivik she was there. I'm a little confuzzled.

06-26-2005, 02:17 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

(nibb finds himself in a gloomy village, suddenly everythings gets dark)

nibb: w-w-where am i, what-t's happen-ning?

voice 1: you can't escape.
voice 2: you're one of us now.
voice 3: help us destroy the farms.
voice 4: and free the mudokons!

nibb: wait, what are you? are you muds?
voice 2: that is correct.
nibb: don't be silly, the farms have changed, they're nice to muds now, they chose to work there.
voice 1: but not with molluck.
nibb: who's mulluk, that guy who died by the lighting?
voice 4: he didn't die, he came back, and so have us.

*light suddenly fills the area, veveiling a group of muds, led by what looks like a muncipal*

nibb: where's big face?
voice 3: he was too nice for our likeing, crazy too.
voice 1: you will now escort us to the farms, or death will be your consicuence, show us the robot too.
nibb: uh, it's this way.

ooc: these guys aren't your average muds, but i'll leave out major action if you want, i'll just bring them to the farms and see what happens.

06-26-2005, 06:13 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Oh um... I think you got confused becouse of my spelling-error? Anyways, "she stepped away so that Stivik coul see her", so she basically said that out loud.

============

06-26-2005, 09:30 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

OOC:The evil chip knew were the boiler room is, but Johnson doesn't

Johnson:"I was under the control of Carl, he inserted a chip into my head to make me evil, it wasn't me who hurt you, it was evil that did that."
*Looks at Scubby*
Johnson:"I have a bandage."

Johnson hands the bandage to Ather and sees Boogie.

Johnson:"They'll be fine."
*Looks at the wall and sees a map for Rupture Farms.*
Johnson:"There it is, will you come with me."
*Looks at Arther*
Johnson:"I will need some help, so please. Oh and whats your name?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tucker arrives back at the Board Room.

Tucker:"Boss?"
Carl:"Were's my Moolah?"
Tucker:"Um, wel- ah.."
Carl:"WELL?!?"
Tucker:"It was burned into ashes."
Car:"WHAT YOU F***ING PEICE OF SH*T! I OUGHTA HAVE YOUR HEAD!"

Carl didn't realise that he had left the miscrophoneon and it was sent across Zulag 1, 2 and the Cafetaria.

06-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Sefon:"Somehow I don't think a bandage is going to be much use in his eyes. Unfortunately I haven't a lot of medical experience; when I had my, how shall we say, 'encounter' with chemicals I was treated by a mudic. But I don't think we have any here."

He stopped and thought for a moment.

Sefon:"I might be able to do something for him, but I'd prefer it if we could do it alone. Though I suppose you would want to come, Floyd, seeing as you and him seem to be good friends, which I guess would be fine, but I don't want anyone else to be present. Know anywhere private to do it in?"

Then, as he saw Boogie fall over:

Sefon:"Ah, now what's his problem?"

Groll, seeing as he didn't have anything else to do, just tagged along behind Stivik, just watching and listening.

Last edited by Gretin; 06-26-2005 at 09:52 PM..
06-27-2005, 03:15 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Floyd: "Great... His lungs are clogged up with water from boiler steam, mine are pretty fine about now. I already told Arthur that we need to see a doc, but everybody seems busy now.
Anyway, I don't care where Arnie, or Carl is right now, but I do know an empty private place where to do it. Hang on a sec."

*Floyd walks over to Boogie and drags him outta his pants once again.*

Floyd talks to Sefon again: "Errhm, this guy has, like every valet in this junkyard, a special barrack. And as he's here, we have a private room, and a pass to his room.
So ehh, follow me. And oh, if you would carry Scruben to the place, it'd be nice."

*Floyd starts walking to the Special barrack door, with Boogie by his mouth tentacles...*

06-27-2005, 04:01 AM
Splat

The last thing Stivik wants is Nick, and that guy, Groll, hearing about Somi. "You should be resting Anni. Go back to bed. Where're your pets?"

06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Arthur took the bandage and turned to Sefon "it won't help Boogie but it'll help me." He showed him the bullet wound he got in the shoulder from the gun then started bandaging it up. He then looked down at Scruben, and then to the retreating figures of Floyd and a limp Boogie. "Hey, Floyd, should I help Sefonbring Scrubby here? You see I know this guy, who knows this Intern, who works for a Vykker with medical training so if I pulled a few strings, I might be able to get the surgeon to come here for Scruben." Arthur then looked back at Scruben and Sefon an muttered udner his breath "Geez, I came here for a nice, quiet job where I could sleep a lot, maybe product train driver or something, I didn't wanna get shot by a mind-controlled psycho steef on my firs day, and see 2 of my new friends get injured." He then looked at Johnson "Err, no offence meant about the psycho steef thing man." He grinned, then turned back to Floyd. "Well?"

OOC: These characters Arthur mentions are not some random guys I just made up for this scene, they are characters I'm going to use in a fanfic series I keep meaning to start, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to bring them into this.
06-27-2005, 12:40 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Floyd: "That sounds good to my ears, but errhm... hmm... How long would it take to get Boogie up there? Not long I hope." Turns to Sefon

"Hey Sefon, what do you think, could Scrubby survive this a long time, or does his injury needs to be fixed right away? If so erhm... I can ask Arthur to ask that Intern to ask that Vykker if he could come to the special barracks. Only, because you told me that you'd rather do this private, I can beg them all to operate right outside the barrack...
So watcha think?... The last option would seem best to me."

Floyds thoughts: "Because I forgot the first... If there even was a first..."

OOC: Hehe, lol. The typical "messing the words" sentences.

06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

(the muds continue, nibb stops)

nibb: i can't do this!
mud 1: can't do what?
nibb: kill my freinds!
mud 1: we are mudokon elda we can do whatever we wish.
nibb: you guys have played too many video games!
mud 2: qiet! we shall comence again, mudokons, chant!

(everything is qiet, then they start to chant, a huge portal apears out of no-where)

mud 4: we cannot get past this, we need a slave of this slum, so called nibb, put thy hand in thy portal.

(nibb does as he is told, it then flashes, and nibb is pushed in, the rest of the muds appear to disovle, except for one, who jumps in aswell. they appear in the cafaterra)

nibb: ah, what do we do now.
mud 1: silence, only one driod know's where molluk is, we shall find him.
nibb: ah, ok, let's go.

ooc: dripkik, what happened to that robot you controled? sorry about the random characters, but here's a new profile.

name: slin
aperence: slim, his skin is old and blanded silver, his eyes are a weak blue, and is loincloth is crimson.
spiecies: mudokon elda
powers: can teleport, create portals, and when in grave danger, comunicate with sam, the mud queen.
backstory: he is part of the elda council, he lives to destroy all industralists. he used to be a slave in vyker's lab, but he escaped when he was young, he destroyed the labs, killing his parents, and all of his freinds, and he would do it again. a shaman gave him majical powers, dark ones too, although his intentions was to save the mudokons, they ended up fearing him, for he is now more evil than any industralist.

ok, before you think this guy will introduce action, he wont, he's just there to try and save some muds, and look into the history of the farms.