05-05-2006, 11:08 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
I did what I did for the sake of this forum, because at the time it looked to me all this was was one big play ground for hobo's army of doom. If it's not, and I'm mistaking, then I suggest you prove to me and everyone else that I f*cked up.
Well, you took a single, isolated incident as this place turning into a "play ground." That's an exaggeration if I ever heard one. You overreacted, fucked up, as you put it.

Of course, that's not to say that I didn't fuck up in allowing the whole incident to take place.
:
But untill then, I expect that you and everyone else who was/is involved in this to at least understand my reaction to it.
I do. At least, I understand that you and several others were hurt by the incident. I was being completely honest in the Rule Revamp thread when I said...
:
It has become apparent to me that our general member base favors a change in forum rules and policy. The consensus seems to be stricter enforcement and better Mod behavior, particularly on my part.

I do not want to appear tyrannical. I am making an honest attempt to reform according to the will of the majority.
So I do understand that you guys might feel betrayed, but it's only empathy; if I were in your position, I certainly wouldn't have felt as hurt as some of you did. Or at all, for that matter.

I still think that you overreacted. A lot. A whole lot. Even if you felt "betrayed" by a joke, that's not grounds for overthrowing (or trying to overthrow) the moderation team. As long as we're talking about "betrayals" here, I still say that a coup, even a failed coup, ranks far above a practical joke, especially when it isn't called for in any way. I still can't see how you feel that something like that is justified after I promised that I wouldn't allow something like the Wired incident to ever happen again. If you truly had the forum's best interest in mind, you would have let it go instead of trying to stir up dissent.
05-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

: Nov 2002
: IN MY IMPENETRABLE FORTRESS
: 2,404
Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

Some people just can't take a conspired trolling with grace. [/hypocrite]

As the person who went and made the situation worse, I probably don't have any place to tell others how I feel here. But I will anyway.

I think that Havoc, you need to let it go. I'll be the first to admit that I took it just as badly, but I was also reacting through anger, and that wasn't right. I took a little breather, and realized that it's not as important as I thought.

Havoc, there were certain people involved that we respect (that I still respect and love no matter what, people who I really hope won't hold a grudge against me), but you have to let that go. This is the internet, and you're just a mod on some forum for fans of a game series that's probably sinking in the mud right now. To take this situation like the way you're taking it is like being poked with a cotton swab and acting like you were stabbed in the shoulder with a kitchen knife.

05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
Zeikio
Stingbee

: Apr 2006
: Some where over the rainbow
: 95
Zeikio  (10)

*Ducks* Ahhhhh! Flame War! Flame War! Dive, Dive, Dive,! Run for the hills! *Runs away screaming*

Man I can't wait until the Antichrist of this forum apperes
05-05-2006, 01:15 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)Dipstikk  (627)

What? I was already here.

05-05-2006, 01:20 PM
Zeikio
Stingbee

: Some where over the rainbow
: 95
Zeikio  (10)

:
What? I was already here.
Then why hasn't anyone been raptured?.....Oh....

05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Jun 2003
: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

That was even more pointless than my posts. And you have to really work at it to achieve my level of pointlesness. Anyway, fuck the establishment. Bring down the kittie lovers and rape everyones grandparents.

My bowels hurt.

05-05-2006, 02:16 PM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

:
Man I can't wait until the Antichrist of this forum apperes
I've been here for a while. Nigga, you blind?

To Matt: The joke was mine, you filthy bastard.
To OANST: Start with my grandmother. I believe she loves Christ.

05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
Well, you took a single, isolated incident as this place turning into a "play ground." That's an exaggeration if I ever heard one. You overreacted, fucked up, as you put it.

Of course, that's not to say that I didn't fuck up in allowing the whole incident to take place.

I do. At least, I understand that you and several others were hurt by the incident. I was being completely honest in the Rule Revamp thread when I said...

So I do understand that you guys might feel betrayed, but it's only empathy; if I were in your position, I certainly wouldn't have felt as hurt as some of you did. Or at all, for that matter.

I still think that you overreacted. A lot. A whole lot. Even if you felt "betrayed" by a joke, that's not grounds for overthrowing (or trying to overthrow) the moderation team. As long as we're talking about "betrayals" here, I still say that a coup, even a failed coup, ranks far above a practical joke, especially when it isn't called for in any way. I still can't see how you feel that something like that is justified after I promised that I wouldn't allow something like the Wired incident to ever happen again. If you truly had the forum's best interest in mind, you would have let it go instead of trying to stir up dissent.
You didn't get the point. I have a good sence of humour, I would have found the incident funny on its own. Even though there have been times where 'Wired' went far over the line IMO. And, if Dippy wouldn't have stirred things up like that, then I'd be laughing just as hard as you guys are.
The thing that pissed me off, was when I ended up on TM, and read all this kind of stuff about me from persons who normaly act perfectly nice to me, and there suddenly insult me like there's no tommorow. The stuff I read lately no doubt had a lot to do with my... uhm... 'attempted retaliation' , but still there was a lot on there from before that, that just kinda shook me up a bit. Because I never knew these persons thought about me that way, since they always appear to act nice when I'm around myself.
I felt backstabbed bigtime, and given the above circumstances, can I please feel backstabbed? Cuz especialy the persons it concerns, I'm kind of disappointed in. I think anyone else would feel the same, or am I totaly wrong here?

Anyway, now I got this image of me who can't take a joke and takes the internet faaaaar to seriously... and that... kinda... wasn't the point . Cuz I can take a joke, and I don't take it as seriously as I appear to. It's just that I like this place, and I'm kinda dedicated to keeping it alive and stuff. And since I lost trust in you guys at the time, one thing led to another and now I'm the laughing stock of the neighboorhood. Hey shit happens.

But yea, point of this is. If you have a problem with me personaly, just take it up with me, and don't go talking about what a moron I am behind my back. Or do talk behind my back about it, but at least have the guts to tell it to me as well, instead of acting all nice and stuff. I won't track you down and kill you if you tell me you don't like me.
If anyone could just do that in the future, stupid situations like this can be avoided and I won't have to break your neck when I do find out you're talking behind my back. Cuz as you might have noticed, THAT is what I take serious.

So with that it might be a good idea to just burry the hatchet and be honest with each other so we know what good we are to each other. Can we do that, or are we going to continue to stay pissed at each other?

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
And don't come to me telling me I'm arogant, I'm not the one talking behind everyone's backs here, now am I?
I'm certainly arrogant. I don't try to deny it, Charlie and I pretty much started that place based on the idea that we're better than you*.

*General 'you' that refers to the forums in general.

05-05-2006, 05:23 PM
OANST
Necrum Burial Grounds Moderator
Our worst member ever

: Jun 2003
: Them dark fucking woods
: 12,320
OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)OANST  (16390)

I was extremely apathetic about this whole thing at first. I honestly couldn't give a shit. In fact I was egging it on because I get bored being at work 11 hours a day. But it looks to me like people have seriously gotten their feelings hurt. And as much as I don't give a shit about peoples feelings I don't give a shit about their feelings in person. I am certainly not in the habit of being chummy with someone that I dislike. I think you all know that. That's just a shitty way to act.I don't care if anyone talks shit about me but I don't have any emotional attachments to this forum. I like some of you, sure. And I dislike some of you as well. Facs. But it won't tear me up to not be able to talk to you again. I've got my family. Some people think of this as a family, however. Some people really put a lot of themselves into this place. They write fanfics and everything (you wouldn't catch me dead writing a fanfic). Let's just try to be at least a little respectfull from now on people. Or don't. I don't care. Just do it to each others faces.

My bowels hurt.

05-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

:
The thing that pissed me off, was when I ended up on TM...
Care to explain how you could possibly 'end up' on a forum that was both hidden and locked?

05-06-2006, 02:56 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: England
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

I really don’t know what is totally going on here but it seems dull. And certainly not hilarious. I come into this thread expecting to laugh my spine out through my arse and all I get is some tawdry ring-a-ring-o'-rosies discussion about some dull event possibly involving arrogance, betrayal and attempted retaliation (which doesn’t sound nearly as good as normal retaliation). Why not go lay down and listen to some Mozart or something, I hear he’s good.
05-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

K.

HAY GUYSS IM LISSNIN TUH MOAT ZART WOAH ITS LIKE A HOLE NUTHA WORLD OPEND UP TU MAH!
LISSNIN TAH MOAT ZART MEHKS ME LOAK SMURTAR THAN OTHA PPL!
I DONT EVIN LAIK IT BUT I LISSIN TO IT ANAWAH BEKAWS IT MAEKS ME LOOK SUHFISSTUKATID.
!

WHEEEEEE!

I am so gonna get a spanking for this.

Last edited by Dipstikk; 05-06-2006 at 03:21 AM..
05-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
Care to explain how you could possibly 'end up' on a forum that was both hidden and locked?
It was poorly hidden, and let alone locked.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

05-06-2006, 03:52 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

Mutual Friend  (41)

:
K.

HAY GUYSS IM LISSNIN TUH MOAT ZART WOAH ITS LIKE A HOLE NUTHA WORLD OPEND UP TU MAH!
LISSNIN TAH MOAT ZART MEHKS ME LOAK SMURTAR THAN OTHA PPL!
I DONT EVIN LAIK IT BUT I LISSIN TO IT ANAWAH BEKAWS IT MAEKS ME LOOK SUHFISSTUKATID.
!

WHEEEEEE!
Okay, I wondered if anyone would pull me up on the Mozart reference.

I didn’t say it to look clever (I even said ‘I hear he’s good’… rather diminishing my point, no?), if I had wanted to look clever I would of said someone a little less well-known than Mozart! Like Gluck. I just wanted some relaxing music and so it was either a classical composer reference or a sedate Madonna one. I choose the former.

Phew – such explanation over such a small thing. But I see that you were so pleased with your own ‘witty’ riposte that you saw fit to quote YOURSELF in your signature. Pot, kettle, black, anyone?
05-06-2006, 03:57 AM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

:
It was poorly hidden, and let alone locked.
Tru dat. You shouldn't be able to get in again though, unless the mole sending pictures and URLs rumour is true.

EDIT: I can't believe I didn't see through that user name, well done. I'm going to shut up now because I feel idiotic.

Last edited by Rich; 05-06-2006 at 05:51 AM..
05-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

You only saw that now? Lol.

05-06-2006, 10:55 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I only talked shit about you after you tried to have the mod team overthrown and replaced. Doesn't do much for your backstabbing theory, after all...
:
one was because of the other.
In other words, I was being a bastard in reaction to your failed coup, so you couldn't have attempted a coup because I was being a bastard. Besides, Peter never said anything at all, even after all of this, so you had absolutely no reason to try to remove either of our positions.

At any rate, I apologize for the cheap shots. Just know that the only reason I never said them here is because I'm a staff member, and I wouldn't consider that proper behavior. I wasn't in any authoritative position at TM, so I had no qualms with flaming, and was still quite pissed at the time.
05-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Dipstikk
The Junk Food Junkie

:
Pot, kettle, black, anyone?
Hey! We don't take kindly to racists. Now pack it up and move on out of here before I call security.

05-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

Mutual Friend  (41)

No racists? Goddamn liberalists. What other intolerances do you people also NOT accept? Sigh…
05-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Our Mutual Friend is quite right in saying this is all dreadfully weary, but I staggered through this last page just so I could add:

:
And you really can't justify accusing us of being terrible, terrible people for that because ANYONE who talks to anyone else here, whether it's through PMs or on an instant messenger has at some point gossiped about this place.
Hell, I've done that in real life. And it took me a couple of minutes to remember that it was with Havoc himself. But let's face it, we were all thinking exactly the same about paramiteabe.

05-06-2006, 02:05 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

Hey Havoc, those were some pretty lame pictures you took of our forum. They didn't contain anything that was even show-worthy. Half the Wired stuff you took pictures of were things we talked about here ourselves. You totally overlooked the most controversial threads.

Also, next time you try to do something anonymously, maybe you should hide your bookmarked links. Cat Collection, OWF, some email place, and the tiger's den. Not obvious at all...

05-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

Lol, those pics wern't ment to BE anonymous :P.

Searex: Those comments wern't directed to you personaly. In fact, before this entire thing started you said you didn't have a problem with me at all. So I wasn't taking the piss directly at you. It were the few others (who perfectly well know who they are btw) I was referring to.

05-06-2006, 05:18 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Fair enough. I still don't see why you deemed it necessary to try to remove Alcar and I from power, but whatever. I'm ready to move past it.

I've said everything I've needed to say.
05-06-2006, 05:30 PM
AquaticAmbi
Fish out of Water

: Sep 2004
: Florida
: 1,178
AquaticAmbi  (10)

Now, now, Havoc. Let's be honest. How else would you have tried to manipulate Rexy into giving you the new URL to our forum if you did not try to keep your picture taking secret. You told her that you'd tell her who was telling you about the place and whatnot if she'd give you the new URL, but you, in fact, were getting the information for yourself. Just curious, what would you have said to her after she had given you the new link if she had agreed? Would you have laughed, saying "Har har, I was the one taking pictures. No one needed to feed me any info!" or would you have furthered the lie?

I can't believe she (and I to a much lesser extent) have been trying to cut down the excessive "Havoc bashing" when you'd try to be so blatantly manipulative. I'm certainly glad she didn't fall for that.

05-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Holy shit.

I think I missed something here.
05-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Lol, yeah. You miss out on all the good stuff.

Just another 'remove me from power' parade. You know, like the good old days

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

:
Now, now, Havoc. Let's be honest. How else would you have tried to manipulate Rexy into giving you the new URL to our forum if you did not try to keep your picture taking secret. You told her that you'd tell her who was telling you about the place and whatnot if she'd give you the new URL, but you, in fact, were getting the information for yourself. Just curious, what would you have said to her after she had given you the new link if she had agreed? Would you have laughed, saying "Har har, I was the one taking pictures. No one needed to feed me any info!" or would you have furthered the lie?

I can't believe she (and I to a much lesser extent) have been trying to cut down the excessive "Havoc bashing" when you'd try to be so blatantly manipulative. I'm certainly glad she didn't fall for that.
Hey what the hell? You're twisting what happened. I told her I was the one snooping around there, and she asked me how I got in there. Then I said that I'd tell her if she gave me the new URL. I never ever said to anyone that someone else was responsible for all that. You guys did that yourself when you started suspecting each other.

Rexy is one of my closest friends around, I would never lie to her. So don't ever imply again that I did.

05-07-2006, 02:46 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I think you're all immature.

Live and let live

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

05-07-2006, 03:57 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Lets all hug n kiss n forget about these dark days ^_^
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============