Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

03-23-2009, 12:45 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

adfgjhfgjhgfghjagsjhgsd!!! sry I forgot to reply

it's amazing! amazing!

electroreception thats a cool idea

I really enjoyed reading it but forgot to comment for some strange reason anyways it is all very well
described and while reading it, I could see... well imagine it just like a movie in my head or something the massacre in chapter 28 was also very well described 8D but my favorite part of the two last chapters is definitely the ending of chapter 29 it's one of those "to be continued..."- scenes that I like so much ^.^

soooo great! great! *applauds*

it's a shame that i have art block, I have good ideas but I mess them up all the time :/ I could draw a fanart of chapter 29 ah well perhaps someday

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

04-06-2009, 04:19 PM
GlacierDragon
Super Stingbee

: Apr 2008
: England
: 489
GlacierDragon  (114)GlacierDragon  (114)

:
Spooky... I think I'll either have to stop commenting or just start saying simple and really broing phrases.
Eh, do what you want. This thing's almost finished anyway,

:
I love stories about Sligs, yours is one of the best.
Can't wait to see the finale!
I wouldn't say it's that good, but thanks anyway.

Then again, I did come joint second in the Best Oddworld Writer forum awards. That was probably because of The Madness Of Life though.

:
adfgjhfgjhgfghjagsjhgsd!!! sry I forgot to reply

it's amazing! amazing!

electroreception thats a cool idea

I really enjoyed reading it but forgot to comment for some strange reason anyways it is all very well described and while reading it, I could see... well imagine it just like a movie in my head or something the massacre in chapter 28 was also very well described 8D but my favorite part of the two last chapters is definitely the ending of chapter 29 it's one of those "to be continued..."- scenes that I like so much ^.^

soooo great! great! *applauds*

it's a shame that i have art block, I have good ideas but I mess them up all the time :/ I could draw a fanart of chapter 29 ah well perhaps someday
Haha, don't worry about it. Thanks for commenting though, I'm really glad you liked these last couple of chapters...I must admit I had fun writing them

Ooh, fan art would be great! I'd love to see your rendition of chapter 29, I'd be really flattered especially since you did such an amazing job before at drawing Vechk's Experiment. Good luck with getting over your art block!

Anyway, wow, how long ago was it that I posted the last chapter? My life's so up in the air at the moment, I don't even know when I last logged in.

Also I forgot to mention at the end of that last chapter, I didn't come up with the idea that Scrabs use electroreception to see. Oddworld said it themselves.

-----------------------

Chapter 30

Before I even open my eyes I know something isn’t right. My torso feels constricted, as if something is wrapped around it, and when I command my arms to move they stubbornly refuse. The air smells stale and slightly rotten, and for a second I’m sure I catch the scent of blood. A deathly silence seems to hang fragilely in the air, waiting eagerly for something to happen and yet reluctant to be broken.

I finally draw up the courage to open my eyes, and when I do I’m met with a sight that confuses me more than worries. I stare blankly up at a cold, grey ceiling that’s flecked with dirt and grimy stains that just might be dried blood. I try to move my head to get a better view of my surroundings, but when my attempts fail I realise I’m bound down with something. Trying not to panic too much, I wriggle my entire body franticly, attempting to escape whatever is holding me. But all I succeed in doing is aggravating the wounds on my chest so they send sharp pains and aches throughout my body. I quickly give up my futile effort to escape and lay where I am, panting slightly.

As if being tied up wasn’t enough, I can feel that I haven’t got my legs attached and, to my utter distaste, my mask is missing. In my head I imagine an image of myself – a small, naked Slid strapped to some table in a cold, gloomy room, waiting for whatever hellish punishment awaits. Surely that must be it? I can see it all now…after I fell unconscious, the remaining Sligs that were after me found and killed the Scrab before it could do any more harm. They carried me back to the birthing complex, making sure I stayed unconscious the whole time, where Queen Skillya ordered that I be killed in the most painful way possible. Most likely torture is on my agenda. The queen would want me to be kept alive for as long as possible so I suffered the full extent of my punishment, so I expect I’m going to be here for a while. Oh Odd, I hope the pain knocks me out so I don’t have to go through too much…

I here a door open close by and my muscles tense automatically. The soft pitter-patter of footsteps is heard moments after, getting louder and louder as I realise they’re heading in my direction. A tight knot forms in my stomach and I struggle more than ever to break free, even though I know it’s useless to try.

“Oh, you’re awake!” an overly cheerful voice announces. I recognise it immediately as a Vykker, which means my torture is going to be even worse than I first expected…those things love inflicting pain, after all, and they’re always coming up with new and improved methods to do so.

“Just in time, too. I’ve stitched up the wounds in your torso and bandaged them, and managed to fix your arm. Unfortunately, due to the crappy care you took to it after you broke the bone, it will always be slightly lopsided…but anyway, I was just about to untie you from that table and throw you in next to your friend.”

I manage to get a quick look at the Vykker as he skitters into view. He’s slightly shorter than the average Vykker, and his skin seems to be paler. All he’s wearing is a white lab coat and a matching apron, with an assortment of nasty-looking scalpels and syringes sticking untidily from his pockets. From the looks of things he hasn’t slept in at least a couple of days.

“Who are you…where am I?” I manage to mumble. It hurts to speak.

“That’s not important,” he says, waving away my question. “But if you really must know, you’re in one of the many underground laboratories that are scattered across Mudos…I’m not authorised to give you the exact location. I’m going to keep you here for a while until Skillya gets really desperate and raises the price for your head even more than it already is.” He finishes with a grin and spins around on one foot before approaching one of the many medical cabinets in the room. He opens a drawer and takes out a glass bottle containing some sort of clear liquid. Before I even know what’s going on, he’s filled a syringe with the fluid and stabbed it in the side of my neck. My body goes numb almost immediately and I sink into a deep sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When the Scab returned, Vechk hadn’t been too happy to see her. She’d actually sensed fear from him, which only added to her quickly building list of confusions. With as little words as possible he’d taken the two Sligs she’d carried back and ushered her into the cage, quickly locking it and hurrying away.

Her flight back to the lab had completely exhausted her, and she’d been asleep ever since. Vechk hadn’t done anything to help her wounds, which she was more than a little angry about. Didn’t he care that she was slowly bleeding to death?

Her unconscious mind was a whirl of memories and emotions. Once again she saw events and locations she’d never been aware of before, and she watched transfixed as her past slowly began to unfold and make sense.

It was then that a mental image hit her like a brick, startling her more than anything else ever had. She saw a dark room with grey walls and very poor artificial lighting. She saw rows of bars that formed a moderately-sized cage, and she realised with horror that she was trapped inside.

Taken over by panic and rage, she began to howl and shriek for her pack mates. She had to get free from this horrible place where the air smelt dead and all the natural sounds were nonexistent. She hurled herself at the bars over and over again, ignoring the pain that racked her muscles from the repeated impacts.

And then something tottered into view. It was a very peculiar-looking creature, with three stubby legs, four spindly arms and an oversized head. It began to speak in a high-pitched tone, using a language she didn’t understand. This only added to her frustration and she howled even more. Instinct told her she had to escape from this place, otherwise terrible things would happen to her…

The Scrab jolted upright from her sleep, automatically going into a defensive stance. She immediately saw that there was no danger, however she didn’t relax. She was too shocked by what she’d just seen.
Suddenly everything was crystal-clear and made sense. Why she had no recollection of her past, the sudden gain of memories; everything. She knew what was going on. And she despised the Vykker for it.

I have to get out of here, she told herself silently. She wasn’t going to have her life ruined anymore than it already was. She would make the Vykker regret ever creating her. She would make him pay.

She would make him suffer.
-------------------------------------

W00tness.

.:FanFictions:.
~The Madness Of Life - On hiatus~
~Shrown - Edited and completed~

04-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

*Raises arms, jiggling them about in an awkward fashion* YAY! MOAR.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

04-08-2009, 07:38 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

Hurrah! Loving it!

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

05-02-2009, 07:07 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

hehe great one as always really makes me wanna read on and on and on xD

I'm sooooo looking forward to the next one

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙