Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

10-06-2005, 10:42 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: One more of your rude remarks and you get a warning. If Splat stated some rules, you either follow them or don't RP at all.
And no-one says that evryone has to make their character interact with your character, sometimes you got to do it, since they are already busy with something.
Now calm down, ok? thx.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

10-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: LoboDiablo, its alright, its like a chain reaction. TDM blows up and so does everyone else. Actually it all seems quite funny to me, I've been reading to many of Dino's threads.

TDM, if you want to interact with other characters, don't run off on your own. If you want to interact, don't expect everyone to go following you. You have to be respectful of ther players. I'm being as sincere as I can noting the situation. We're not trying to attack you. We're giving you advice cus right now you are getting it wrong, you are ignoring the rules and ignoring the details of what other people have posted.
Calm down, we're here to have fun but to do so you have to be respectful and watch the rules.

T-nex, when are you gonna post again? i'm getting desperate!

10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: I honestly don't know what to write :-S I guess they are on their way to heddar right? So unless i want to end up with som 3-liner post where i explain Niamae walks with Albert.. well dunno.. Can't you just control him untill they arive??

============

10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: Okay, so I need some sleep. But I'll have nightmares if I won't post in here so...
-IC-

Mordred stopped sprinting and breaked by running into a roll.
"Where'd the smoke go? Ah, now I'm lost for sure.
Hey wait a sec... I'm smelling something. Smells like... mudokon mixed with slig. Lotsa slig... and also a little bit of slog... comes from that direction. Something may be wrong. I'd better go up there."

He looked if there was a slig in sight. None. He stood up and sneaked up the little hill. And then crouched down again. He saw one slig and a mudokon. The slig didn't seem to defend and the mudokon didn't seem to be afraid or anything.
Mordred suddenly recognized the slig: Laskar, but he didn't recognize Abhay yet.
"They're still alive." he whispered to himself.
"So... what in Odds sake am I waiting for? Ah, whatever."
Mordred carefully walked down to Laskar.
"Laskar. It's me Mordred. Am I glad to see you. Do you know where we need to go to?"

10-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

OOC: (surprise entrance)

IC:
"HEY! YOU AIN'T LEAVIN' WITHOUT ME, ARE YA GUYS!?" Sly shouted from far behind, his mechanical pants whirring with his movements through the crunchy leaves and high-covering trees. Slogann kept up as well as his weakened legs could make do, his tongue loping out on a side. The Mudokon and Slog got pretty far from Sly's sights, he couldn't even hear the voices of the Mudokon, nor could Slogann hear Jaw's barks as well.
"Where did they go?" Slogann panted, his head arching up to Sly, his sight straight forward, and not even moving.
"I have no idea! We weren't paying well attention to where they went!" Sly replied irritatingly. Slogann's ears flattened on the back on his neck in slight anger of his ex-master's reply. The trees kept winding in their path to find the Mudokon and Slog. Slogann let out a braying howl, hoping that Jaws would hear his familiar voice.

IC: Sorry ter worry y'all from me unexcused absense, but me computer's dead, as my friend Lobo told yeh. (Thanks, buddy) So, I'm replyin' from me mom's laptop right now, and I have no idear when I'm gonna get a new hard drive fer my computer. Might take another few hundred years...a couple eons, maybe less than a decade...(I think you get my point. It's gonna be a long time 'fore I get a new comp) Well, I'll try to continue this fer as long as I can, and I'll talk to you guys later! (And yes, Munch's Master. I, am a female, a gal, a lady, whatever you call girls )

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

Last edited by Dark Elite_H2; 10-08-2005 at 12:54 PM..
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Albert continued to push his way through the trees behind Slugger. Faintly he heard a howl that he didn't recognise. He told himself to ignore it, as he had bigger problems right now.
Albert: "Ok, Slug, stop here while I go forward and tell Cheddar about you. Niamae, could you make sure he doesn't try anything?"
Leaving them behind, Albert pushed forward through the trees until he came to the tiny clearing where he'd found the hollow the night before.
His first reaction was relief at seeing another mudokon with Cheddar. It was a warrior, a tomahawker that he couldn't quite remember the name of. Birdy? Birdo?
His second thought was surprise to find it was raining and he hadn't actually noticed.
Albert: "Cheddar! I found some people. There's a mudokon, Niamae, I couldn't remember who he was at first, he's a bit wierd..."
Cheddar smiled: "I remember who Niamae is, he's a loner who stays away from the tribe a lot of the time, he must have been drawn by the attack."
Albert: "Yeah, well, there's also this slig that had fallen in an animal trap. He said he'd turned against the industrialists... well I wasn't sure, but we helped him out and brought him nearby for you to judge... Has it been raining long?" He peered into the sky, surprised to see how heavy the clouds looked.
Cheddar: "It's just starting, but it'll be a big storm when it comes. WHere's this slig, I'll take a look at him for you. It'll be useful to have another slig with us, I've already seen Laskar, he's gone to the village to look for supplies and survivors. Where's this slig, I'll go and see him now?"
Albert: "Alone?"
Cheddar: "I trust it'll be safe if Niamae is there. You must stay here with Berdon and look out for others gathering here."
Berdon, that was it! "Uh, ok... They're just back there." He pointed.

Cheddar walked slowly through the trees, looking around with shimmering eyes. Up ahead he seemed to see Niamae and Slugger even when there was still a curtain of trees between them. He smiled to himself and stepped forward.
Cheddar: "Niamae, good to see you again. It's been a long time since you were last at the village. Have you heard of any more survivors nearby?"
He turned to Slugger. "Ah, you are Albert's hostage! Tell me your story and let me see what I think of it."

10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

Niamae let out a small sigh of relief, when he saw that Cheddar was safe and sound. He still had his slingshot aimed at Slugger, but lowered it a bit, and nodded to Cheddar as a salute.

"I've only met Albert so far." Niamae answered Cheddar's question.

He then looked at slugger to see, what he'd tell, and rolled his eyes. He didn't like the slig very much.

"Hm... Are the rest al right??" He then decided to ask.

He didn't know how many had survived the attack, and even though he didn't like them too much, he'd get angry if he knew how many mudokons had gotten killed by the sligs.

============

10-09-2005, 07:47 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger shook off the rain irritably, it’d be just his luck if his pants went rusty… He’d heard the Slog howl a while back now, but it hadn’t been Jaws. Worry seeped into the forefront of Slugger’s mind, where had that Slog gotten too anyway?

Suddenly an older Mudokon with a huge mask and bright crimson feathers stepped from the trees. Slugger automatically stood to attention. This Mudokon he could tell, was not part of the worker class he was used too. A little respect was in order he decided. He almost saluted the shaman with his rifle, but as been as the rifle was in several pieces and considering that maybe it wouldn’t be appropriate Slugger refrained and tugged respectfully at his mouth tentacles instead.

“Slugger sir, my name’s Slugger.” He explained, “I used to work at the old factory, I was on stockyard patrol because I didn’t shoot or beat up the workers.”

He wasn’t about to admit that he also liked being around the animals.

“And when we got raided I didn’t actually catch any of the perpetrators. I guess now that that was your Mudokons right? Anyway, they started signing up Sligs to the extermination squad and I decided to come with my Slog – Jaws. I figured it was better that I ‘accidentally’ let some of them go rather then slaughter the sorry bunch. Anyway, during the massacre, I refuse to call it a battle, I decided enough was enough, shot a couple of grunts and my superior officer and made a run for it. Me and Jaws were just escaping when we saw a yellow flare. Jaws began running towards and I followed and fell into the hunting pit, Jaws went off to get help, Albert and Niamae found me, got me out and we came here.”

Just as Slugger finished his brief account there was an explosion of vegetation and a little reddish Slog came hurtling out of the brush and slammed straight into Slugger, bowling the surprised Slig over.

10-09-2005, 12:10 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

OOC: Curiousness and confusion befuddles my tiny, puny, blonde mind. Which Slog is it, Lobo?

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

10-09-2005, 02:19 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: It's dear ol' Jaws, he's only little remember. Urg, sorry for the spamminess people.

10-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Splat

Cheddar answered Niamae's question quietly: "I have only seen a few people, but they were ok. I believe I may be the only member of the council to survive."

He turned to Sluggers he spoke. All through Slugger's story he stared intently into the sligs eyes (or at least the spots of his mask that concealed his eyes). Had anybody been watching, they might have noticed the mosquito encased in amber at the top of Cheddar's staff slowly change shape to become a small moth like the kind that dwelt in swarms across Mudos. (as it was, no one was watching so mentioning that was pretty pointless, but never mind).

When Slugger finished Chedar opened his mouth to answer but was caught by surprise as the small, red ball of flesh burst through the trees and threw Slugger over. Cheddar acted quickly and pointed his staff at the slog (the mosquito now back to normal), who seemed to slow down ever so slightly.
Cheddar: "Is this your slog?"

10-10-2005, 07:24 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

Berdon turned around to see Albert approaching. He lifted his tomahawk from the ground as a greeting. "Hey, Albert. Nice morning, ain't it?" He gave a loud snort as he looked up at the sky, into the falling raindrops. Then he looked back at Albert. "You found Niamae, you say. That's good, we might gather around slowly. Though, I have no idea how can we recover from this slaughter. I mean, we can rebuild some of the huts, but..." His voice faded off, looking at the rising smoke from the village.

10-10-2005, 09:57 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger picked himself and the happily whimpering Slog from the ground.

"Unfortunately." he answered Cheddar as the Slog whined and licked his face. But he was obviously glad to see his Slog partner in one piece.

He turned to the other Mudokon, Berdon;

"Bad idea." he said, "About rebuilding I mean, the-" he make a metallic screech which was obviously a Slig curse, "Industrials know you're here, and they'd have figured you weren't all massacred, if you go back they'll just be back later to finish the job. If I were you, I'd get as far away as I could ASAP. I know I'm a Slig, but I'm on the run too, and I don't want to die just as much as you don't and I don't want to see anymore slaughter." Slugger fell quiet and looked at Cheddar, wondering uneasily if he'd gone too far.

10-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

ooc: I'm getting confused with Jaws, Slogann, Sly and Slugger. Have they just ran away from Hadda or what?

IC:
Laskar turned to see one of the old scouts from the tribe, Mordred, coming down the hill and hailing him. He replied happily
"Hey, Mordred, good to see that you survived. As for where to go, Cheddar and Berdon are where that smoke came from, you and Abhay better folow me there. I'm just looknig for some Slig equipment to disguise myself if Industrials appear."
He rummaged aronud in the debis, finally finding half a cracked Slig mask under the remains of a hut. He picked it up and nodded, not looknig forward to wearing it. He slung his now rolled up tent over his shoulder and turned to the two mudokons
"Right, shall we go?"

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

10-10-2005, 12:22 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: I think DE wrote that Jaws was going to show them where Slugger was but Slogann and Sly got left behind...other then that, I'm kinda confuddled as well...sorry...

10-11-2005, 03:25 AM
Splat

ooc: Actually Cheddar, Niamae and Slugger were not in the same place as Albert and Berdon (they stopped in the forest about 20 metres away). However, I shall assume that Cheddar agreed to take Slugger back to the others so they have all gathered at the hollow. I'm at school right now so I won't reply, but soon...

10-11-2005, 04:39 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

: May 2005
: Roxton-Falls
: 130
The Dark Mudokon  (10)

ooc:To:Lobo diablo-whatever:It may be that Splat idiot's RPG,but it doesn't give him the rights to harass me each time I do something.I won't let sons of bitches like him and you tell everything I should do.And this RP sucks.No battles,only blah blah!You can shove it in your ass,losers!

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

10-11-2005, 05:10 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: Ok, that's it. You've just earned yourself a warning for continious rude remarks. If you can't say things nice, don't say them at all. Splat was trying to help you, wether you take his advice or not, is not my problem. Well, go and RP on a n00b-board then if you don't like this. This RP is for experienced RPers, or at least RPers willing to make a good story out of this.

============

10-11-2005, 08:05 AM
Splat

If you're after an RPG with battles of some sort it is obvious you are on the wrong website altogether. Go and find somewhere where they do that sort of thing. Here its about a story, not just about letting some idiot release his anger on anything and anyone he happens to come across.

If you always see someone trying to help you as someone trying to hurt you, then I really pity you. We're not all against you, but if you break the rules and ignore what people tell you then what do you expect?

10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

:
ooc: Oops, Oh well, I hope it's just trivial. I'll change it if you want, I knew you said searching, I kinda meant searching when I sid looknig at the village, but i forgot abotu the slingshot. Hopefulyl it doesn't matter though
Nah, there's no problem.

Sorry for the long delays between posts, people, I don't often have time to post anymore...

IC:

Abhay also turned when he heard Mordred, "Ah Mordred, thank Odd you're alive!"
(OOC: Seeing as Abhay and Mordred are both scouts I would think they would at least know of each other...)
He turned back to Laskar, "Do you know who else survived? What about the council?"

OOC: Let's just say Abhay follows when Laskar leads them to Cheddar...

10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

ooc: Righty-o, just waiting for Boogie's consent. Oh and TDM, Splat's right, you want a battle RPG, earn yourself a creator's licence through RPing sensibly in places liek this, abnd then make an action RP, or just RP elsewhere. To us, story is important. The Oddworld games aren't about blowing the hell out of each other ten times before lunch, they're about story, and so is this RPG.
IC:
Laskar remembered who he'd seen, and answered Abhay
"Well, Cheddar's alive. So is Berdon, and Albert, I dunno about anyone else, there might be but that's all I know. As for the council, I'm pretty sure most of 'em are dead, we'll have to form a new one once all the survivors are grouped up. Speakin' of which ,you better follow me back to the hollow, whenever you're ready."

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

10-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

OOC: Wow, seems like I've missed a lot. I'd help lecture TDM, but I think we're getting the point across. TDM, if you want an RP where you kill more enemies than Doom has, go back to the 1000 years RP or something. In case you didn't notice, most of the Oddworld games aren't run-and-gun. Anyways...

Sev woke up to see it was raining. He tried to remember why he fell asleep, and then looked at his pants to find that they were drenched.

Sev: "Ah crap. If those rust I'm gonna have to crawl. If I have to crawl, I'm slurg food."

Sev looked around and saw another path to his right. It seemed to be leading into a drier canopy of trees.

Sev:"Ah well. Better to go there than lie down here."

Sev got up and headed that way. Hopefully there was a cave or hole he could stay in.

10-13-2005, 08:20 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

: May 2005
: Roxton-Falls
: 130
The Dark Mudokon  (10)

ooc:Hey!You assholes!Keep your lectures to yourself!And if you ever played oddworld for real,you'd know that there at least a couple of battles in the games!Perhaps you should play Dunjeon and Dragons and learn a little more about RP!You idiots....

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

10-13-2005, 09:00 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC: TDM, you already have a warning, you want another one?? Shut the f*ck up. You're starting to piss me off really bad. Keep your flames for yourself.

============

10-13-2005, 10:24 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I tried not to get involved, but this argument is getting too long. TDM, you say that this RPG is not your style, that it has no combat in it, yet you still take the effort to post your opinion every so often. You might have experience related to other RP games like Dungeons & Dragons, but Oddworld RPG is just not the same: it's not about stats and weapons. You have to use your imagination here. This is not offence or lecture: it's a statement.

Thus, this RPG has just started, so I guess the action will come later.

-------------------------------

Berdon nodded to Slugger. "I guess you're right. Well, we can't do much now, we better wait for the other survivors to return." He sat down on the ground and started examining his tomahawk.

10-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Hadda stared bewildered as Sly ran off, followed by his Slog.
"Oy! I thought you wanted medical treatment for your Slog!" Yelled Hadda, but realised it was no use. He sighed and followed the Slig, realising that the poor thing wouild probably end up dead without proper navigation. Fortunately, as a native he knew some of the nearby area, and followed slowly the track left behind, a broken twig, disturbed bushes, pant-prints in the soil, all signs of Sly and his Slog passing through. He was going slowly, but was confident of finding Sly if he kept to the route.

10-14-2005, 11:26 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC:
:
And what will you do about that,T-Nex?Your threats doesn't mean a thing to me!
Dude, these aren't bragged threats, these are perfectly well backed-up threats.
And oh, this isn't a battle RPG, Get over it. You don't need to get all: "Crap, people think I'm a noob, but I'm not, so I'll just f*cking show them." over a few advices.
I beg of you, shut up. Please, shut up.
I bet you'll hate me. But I don't hate you. If you'd just say sorry and go away, you don't have to bother flaming anymore. That's all which is left for you here, in this RP.

-IC-
(OOC: yea, Mordred and Abhay probably know eachother.)
"Abhay, it's very good to see you're alright, bud. But I think we'd better be on the move now. I smell a bunch of other sligs, which most likely aren't rebels." He turned to Laskar "I'm ready."

OOC: You may move Mordred to Cheddar, and stuff, MunchieMaster.

10-15-2005, 03:52 AM
Splat

ooc: Lets just forget the whole TDM thing unless he comes back and get on with the RPG. We aren't achieving much while we're all gutting each other.

Albert glanced questioningly at Cheddar, who nodded.
Cheddar: "We can trust this slig I think, I would be very surprised to hear his story is untrue. We won't reject someone who we can trust. Right now we need to get together some propper shelter. The trees won't do much good in a heavy storm and we have a heavy storm coming. Anyway, Laskar is looking for supplies at the village and I hope he'll bring back some useful supplies and maybe some survivors. Still, I think we should prepare to get wet."

10-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

ooc: Is it too late to join? I haven't RPGed for ages.

Name: Des
Race: Native mudokon
Position: Mudokon Priest
Appearance: A few chains and necklaces, wrists and bracelets. Black and white lioncloft with a some feathers sticking at the back and a very long poney tail filed with feathers. Skin colour is hint of green.
Equipment: Several carefully carved out of rock/metal symbols, which present different religious emelments of oddworld. A special kept paper written by Des which gives a description of each symbols meaning.
Bio:Des is a strong believer in mudokon religion and philosophies, and he always had an interest. Des lived with the natives for most of his life, and he has met other tribes such as the Grubbs. He taller than the average mudokon too.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

10-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Splat

Course you can join, it's never too late. Anyone can join when they want, or add new characters when they want. Your ideas are good and I'm looking forward to see em in action.