02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

SU-01 looked at Slash.
"Thanks for comming. I'm currently waiting for the head of security to arrive. I'll explain everything then"

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
arkaznor
Fuzzle

: Dec 2006
: Southeast Asia
: 128
arkaznor  (18)

IC: Ark was watching the events unfold with a growing calm. The way things were looking, he would be able to slip out of this little group, and into a more secluded area of the factory until things died down.

The only problem was the mudokon that had released him; he didn't want to just abandon her, though both of leaving would draw attention. The other possibly problem was the amount of fire power in the room, it wasn't much, but it was something.

During the whole situation he hadn't really done anything, even hadn't even moved one the robot told him to, and he wasn't planning on doing anything for the moment. Though doing nothing bothered Ark.

Ark eyes drifted around the scene again, he was still in the hallway which was a good thing, but not the best place for cover. The many pipes hovered above him, though they were all out of reach. So all in all, his situation could be better, could also be a lot worse.

Slightly annoyed, Ark just let out a sigh, turned around and slumped up against the wall.

02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
stonetooth
Boombat

: Dec 2008
: Texas
: 238
stonetooth  (54)

IC

He looked over at sliph and said, "Well, we best get going..." He was hoping for sliph to lead him there, but he didn't move. "Alright then, I guess i'll lead..." He started heading off in the direction, asuming sliph was following him, to the basement.
As he was walking to the the basement, a couple thoughts flew into his mind. What if there are giant mutated fuzzles in there from the vykkers weird experements? Nah, that's impossible...Better just stick to the highest point of the basement and hope no creatures start scurring about. Maybe if I go deeper into the basement, there will be a giant beast there that will eat me..........
02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
OddTragedy
Zappfly

: Jan 2009
: VA
: 3
OddTragedy  (10)

IC:
Veta started to get hungry, and didn't want to wait for someone to see her. She started out towards the cafeteria, at least she hoped it was the right direction.
It took Veta a good amount of time, but she eventually found her destination. She shyly walked in, holding her book. Veta stood for a moment to see if anyone noticed her. She didn't want to interrupt anyone that was having a conversation, and she was to shy to actually say anything. Her eyes just kept glancing around the cafeteria, as she wondered what to do.

02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Damn it, Ralph realised that his assigned workmates weren't coming yet for some reason or another. But he wasn't gonna wait around all day.

Taking the elevator to the next floor up, he entered the production and packaging area. He stood in the doorway, looking around the area; he didn't really have any idea what he was meant to do. From memory there was also another level above, but that's why he needed the other two to turn up!

OOC: I'd have to say I'm equally as ignorant as Ralph is about what he's meant to do there But I'm guessing it's meant to be be production goes to packaging, which then goes to the warehouse etc. Also, I'm not sure from the map, is the production and packaging area on all three floors all open or is it only connected on the first two, or are they not connected at all?

02-04-2009, 05:58 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: I envision all the production areas linking by machinery, so meat and whatever travels through all three floors. Packaging would be where the freshly made disgusting-yet-yummy-novelty-meat-products are wrapped up in plastic and loaded into crates.
Or something.

Dionysia is waiting for Arnie. Lab people are waiting for #7 Slig and RG.
O Dripik, where art thou?

02-05-2009, 11:28 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

As the Executive Lift came to a halt on the first floor, #7 Slig ran out, closely followed by RG's clanking footsteps. They took a turn around the shaft walls and ran straight towards the Labs. As they were about to enter, RG noticed what #7 Slig failed to - there was someone hiding in the shadows (Uggs). The creature seemed small, as RG's heat readings showed, and the glowing eyes of its mask were quite telling about its identity.

RG slowed down. "I'll wait outside, Slig organic." he told #7 Slig. "If assistance is needed, just ask."

"OK. I hope it's not so bad that I would need help." said the Slig, and entered the door.

In the meantime, RG stood in front of the door and eyed the creature fixedly, wondering how would it react.

----------------------------------

#7 Slig entered the Labs and observed the situation. The two Vykkers, Dek and Krik, were there, with two Mudokons whom he barely seen before (one of them wore rather Nativish clothes), a Snoozer (SU-01) and Slash hovering above.

"All right, I'm here. What's going on? One at a time, if possible."

----------------------------------

Dionysia's snappish comment was not unexpected. "Oh, don't believe that I forgot your purpose - I think you'd agree that your introduction was quite memorable back at the Offices." said Arnie, looking at the Mudokon, then lowered his voice a bit. "But tell me this: your efficiency as a spy lies in the fact that you, as a Mudokon, can blend in well among others of your kind. Why shouldn't I assign you to work with them then? Do you have some proper logic answer for this one?"

02-06-2009, 03:51 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

When SU-01 saw #7 slig he said :

"OK, the competent authority is here. [Open report.log]

- Cafeteria, during the meeting, spotted abnormal waves [it causes my HUD to have malfunctions.] The waves were identified as "Mudokon chant". According to the actual regulations, Mudokons are not allowed to chant in Maggog Facilities. Initiated scan to determine where those waves were coming from.

- Labs, where the waves where coming from. Spotted abnormal level of noise inside the lab. Switched to alert level 2. One Mudokon ran outside the room and give me his ID and explained me what was going on inside. According to him, one of the two Vikkers here was experiencing on him without proper authorization. When I entered the room, to check by myself and I found this Mudokon chanting (designating Hembar) generating some illusion or something and those Vikkers. Engaged standard situation protocol. No weapons used. Everything under control. Called for backup. Everything under control. Waiting for your orders."

He decided not to mention the fact that Dek attempted to interfere. He has been programmed by Vikkers, so it was logic not to put them into much troubles. But he had to report everything else, including the "no authorization" part.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 02-06-2009 at 03:56 AM..
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

"No one was experimenting on the mud," Krik said pointedly, "It was captured yesterday and locked up here after using some spirit power in the cafeteria in front of Arnie. Dek has, I believe, just come from the meeting, and I am just leaving. I have a train to catch."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dionysia opened her mouth to retort.
Then she stopped, unable to come up with an answer.
Now looking absolutely furious, she finally replied, "Fine, I'll go there. Just remember I'm not a mud or your slave and you don't own me."
She twisted around and stormed away out of the cafeteria. "Where's that stupid slig?" She muttered as she headed up the corridor and into the warehouse.

Anni had jumped on a slig's back many times before. Long ago it had been playfully, for fun. Then the last time was probably with Stivik, and that had been in a fight. Her weight hadn't bothered him much and he'd shaken her off before long.
That had been almost a year ago, however, and she had grown a fair bit in the last year, though she hadn't really noticed it herself.

Gewehr's pained attempts to shake her off weren't particularly successful, not was his slightly pathetic attempt to crush her against the wall; Stivik had done worse to her. However, a second later she unwrapped her arms from his neck and dropped before shoving her bodyweight against his back. "What are you doing?! Can't you see he's terrified of you?" She demanded, gesturing to Jim, "I said he was afraid of sligs so you come up here and start hitting him?" She ran past the slig and towards the corner where Jim was cowering, checking out his wound, which was bleeding but didn't look serious.

ooc: MM, I don't know if Arthur ever went to the warehouse, but if he did you can have Dionysia walk in the door if you want to start a conversation.
And where's Roy? Has Oddyouko posted since the meeting?

Last edited by Splat; 02-06-2009 at 10:05 AM..
02-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

: Apr 2008
: Mudos
: 239
Chronicler  (79)

Skullik's flaring eyes beamed away from Anni and her apparent Mudokon friend, and turned towards the sights of the pesky slig, Gewehr. "Damn you Slig! DAMN YOU!" the Outlaw roared madly like a Scrab in heat. Skullik made a monstrous approach to the psycho slig, his steps were two boulders harshly forced and crushed against the floor. He stopped as soon as his eclipsing shadow consumed Gewehr's entire body. The Outlaw growled, and even drooled, as he lowered his reptillian brow down to the slig's face. Skullik raised his massive fist into the air, "Beg fer forgiveness!!!!", and he brought it down like a cartoons' classic anvil of pain, aiming straight for Gewehr's face. Skullik stopped himself the last second in mid-swing. Would threatening or even snuffing out yet another life be worth it? Would he really wish to face charges of assault on a guard and bring back the life of crime? Instead, the behemoth gently grabbed the slig by his tentacles. He bared his teeth, revealing much sharper fangs. "Git yer slimy face back ta work and LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!"
----------------------------------------------

Uggs was distracted by the large scene. Just now, another slig (#7) marched directly past his hiding spot and into the area, chatting with the metallic beast (SU-O1). The grownups all seemed so mean and stressed out. They all definitley didn't feel the best mood there was. This caused Uggs' chest tattoo to dimly flash yet again. The slig larva made what would be considered a frown on a slig face. The kid then quietly jumped in sudden fright as a second robot arrived (RG), looking directly at him! Uggs pinned himself against the wall, staring back into the robot's eerie gaze. Uggs swallowed hard and eased down. Still hiding in the shadows, he quietly squeeked out "Hi? How are ya? Things look a teensy bit sad in there. What are ya? You're not evil are ya?"
02-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Venks
Clakker Store Clerk

: Dec 2005
: VA
: 759
Venks  (128)Venks  (128)

Gewehr stumbled as the Mudokon attacker finally got off of him and nearly lost his balance as the Mud bashed him from behind. The Mudokon was saying something, but the northern Slig missed it in his state of confusion, fear, and rage. The offensive Mud ran over to the cowering one. Gewehr just stared... completely dumb struck. While the first Mudokon was understandable for not obeying as it looked suicidal... the other just attacked him for no reason. Gewehr tried to calm himself and think... a rare thing for a Slig. There had to be a logical reason as to why a Mudokon, an unarmed forgettable member of society, attacked a Slig... a security officer.

As Gewehr stood there contemplating how to react to the situation suddenly the room began to shake. The huge thing((Skullik)) swore in a very loud manner which seemed to be the source of all the shaking. The thing roared and charged towards Gewehr. Acting first and thinking second, as all Sligs are prone to do, the northern Slig held down the trigger on his gun on the attempt to defend himself from the giant beast. Nothing happened. Gewehr then inwardly swore as he realized the safety was on. The prideful Slig never used the safety feature unless he was forced too, which was the case during his trip to Rupture Farms while he was riding the Feeco train. Gewehr concluded that he had simply forgotten to switch it back upon leaving the train. Gewehr looked up from his gun to see if the beast had noticed what had just transpired, but the thing didn't seem to notice the gun at all. It was raising its fist and screaming something. It made a feint with one its fists, perhaps a scare tactic, then spoke through brandished teeth: "Git yer slimy face back ta work and LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!"

Gewehr stood there for a moment unsure what to do. Then decided to do as the giant beast suggested. The prideful Slig regained his composure then brought out his squad leading voice, "Ah'hem. Big one ya make a good point. We were hired here to get work done, not attack each other." Gewehr attached his gun to his pants and began to use his hands for gestures which he hoped would help convey his point. "Now as is standard wit my race it is my job to over see everything and make sure we are working efficiently as possible. As for you Mudokons it is your job to do the more... 'demanding' tasks. I've never worked with such a big guy before, but da boss says you're muscle. So if you see anything you can do to help your coworkers out please feel free to assist. Oh and um... don't worry about that Mudokon too much. I did nothing dat would hurt him too much, just the usual disciplinary action used to 'encourage' continual obedience. Da worst he should suffa is a small bruise. Now while it is my job to over see things don't think of me as your 'boss'. You should think of me as a friend helping you to achieve your goals. Lastly before we get these production lines back in motion I would like it if everyone would introduce themselves to each otha so we can work more adequately as a team. My name is Gewehr((pronounced Guy-vahr)). I came to Rupture Farms because this beautiful industry promises so many amazing benefits. How bout ya'll?"

Doe watched as Dionysia, the dark skinned Mudokon, said something towards the Glukkon boss Arnie in a upset manner. Doe couldn't help but find pleasure in her discomfort. She should have to suffer just as he did. He really didn't know her too well, but she appeared to be one of the 'pro-industrial' Mudokons. The Mudanchee warrior in disguise decided he would learn her story before passing judgment. He watched as she stromed out of the cafeteria, he couldn't help but enjoy the way her hips swayed back and forth. Not to mention how her appealing thighs complemented the rest of her curved body... wait what? Doe shook his head in disbelief. What had he just been thinking? What did Dionysia's body have to do with anything? The native warrior had much work to do in order to save his people. This was no time to be starting at back ends! Doe made his was back to the kitchen, but something was physically disturbing him. His white and black shorts seemed to of somehow gotten tighter.
02-08-2009, 03:20 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: I'm sorry it's taken me so long to getting to mentioning, but as of now I'm gonna be absent for three weeks on holiday. You are free to make my characters follow or move around in any manner necessary, but obviously not to the point of playing them yourselves, unless anyone I like volunteers today...?

IC: Slash shook his head "I only just got in here, so I haven't much idea of what's going on, other than the Vykker here-" motioning to Dek "complaining about the Snoozer preventing recontainment of two Mudokon suspects and generally causing an irritating distraction. It would seem that the Snoozer disobeyed orders from him to stand down, also, and decided to wait for you, the head of security". The Snoozer seemed to have missed this information out, curiously. Either it regarded the conversational remarks irrelevant or it perhaps didn't want to give a negative impression of itself?

---

Unfortunately, his cohort was quicker to move, so Silph got up with an irritated groan to follow him to the basement.
Silph saw what #7 had meant. A pair of conveyor belts ran through the basement, currently unactive obviously. Some crates remained unmoving on them from yesterday, one having been broken into by animals. A number of other such older crates lay on the floor. They didn't seem to have the courage to go for when it was moving yet, obviously to frightening for their simple minds. So it seemed even more unlikely with their presence during the day. He supposed under the regime, alternating night shifts would be set, a couple of guards a night doing a walk of the factory, to keep the animals off the un-moving cargo and a general oversight of the factory (otherwise all sorts of people and animals could invade the factory at this time, surely?). But then, the crates said otherwise. Not that he was going to voice his thoughts to anyone, of course. Didn't affect him at all. But he did seem displeased at the mess down here, the fact the animals had access to a working part of the factory was shocking in itself, and the fact it remained intact with their presence also. He might try to clean up somepoint, maybe board up holes in the walls and keep them all out, which would also give himself less to worry about and maybe earn him something extra. But for now he couldn't be bothered. He sat down next to the opened crate on the belt and opened a Paramite Pie packet. He didn't mind cold food, as he had been used to it before.
02-13-2009, 09:55 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: Hi everyone, This is my first RPG so go easy on me ok?!

Name: Borso
Race: Slig
Appearance: Borso is very much, a typically working slig. He has slightly paler skin then normal, and his tentacles are longer than usual. He is slightly shorter than the typical slig, but is otherwise has a normal body type.
Personality: Borso has tried smoking, but had some adverse reactions in the past, so now does not smoke much at all. He likes playing dice and card games, especially Magog Hold'Em. He makes friends easily and is fairly knowledgable. He tries not to hurt mudokons any more than necessary, but doesn't mind giving them a whack when they are disobedient.
Equipment: Borso usually walks in his Slig Pants, but can use Flying Pants to a basic degree. He has a typically slig rifle and also a revolver, mainly for decorative purposes, but also to show off.
History: Borso worked for a few years in one of the SoulStorm Brewery factories. Although he was dedicated to the work, he got bored and asked for a transfer to Rupture Farms. He made some friends at SoulStorm Brewery and will likely make quite a few friends in his new environment as well.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 02-16-2009 at 08:42 AM..
02-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Welcome to W@RF

You should edit your post and add your character's profile to it.

02-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Alex, I know you're new to the RPG bussiness, but you should make much more detailed posts than that. I know you're capable of it. Anyone can say "My character walks in" but anyone can also go into depth with it and take time for details, making a much more good-looking experience. If ya have a problem with that, look at other posts in this RPG as an example, perhaps that can help. You've made a character that can really expand this part of the W@RF series. Basically, that means your character is welcomed.

Still waiting on Splat, who is seemingly waiting on others ...

Last edited by Chronicler; 02-15-2009 at 02:17 PM..
02-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Splat

ooc: Dripik and MM in fact.
If they don't post soon I'll move Anni and Jim on anyway.

02-16-2009, 08:49 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)
Oddworld

IC:
Borso is on a long train journey to Rupture Farms.
He takes one of the slower trains that usually transports cargo. He wishes he upgraded to express.

He starts talking to one of the other junior sligs, but then the junior slig gets off somewhere else, and Borso is left alone again.

Borso tries to get some sleep, but ends up hitting his head on the cup holder nearby.

"Ouch, darned thing..."

He looks at the piece of paper in his pocket, a job application for Rupture Farms, hopefully he filled in all of the right details. He takes a quick glance to make sure, then puts it gingerly back into his pocket.

His mask felt tight, he re-adjusted the straps and then double-checked his wallet. "This job better pay well!". He put the wallet back into his pocket and then sat with his head against the window.

Shortly after, a puff of steam came out of the train, and then the tannoy flared up again "We will shortly be arriving at... Rupture Farms... Please mind the gap between the train and the platform edge".

Borso got up, and took his belongings with him. He picked up the small briefcase and exited the train compartment.

[Borso arrives at Rupture Farms from the FeeCo station]

He then checked his watch and realised that time was not on his side.
"Smeg! I'm late already!"

[Borso rushes to the nearest recruitment office to sort out his transfer with the officer in charge]

OOC: I'm hoping that some other characters will find me and be able to talk to my character a little bit. I hope to flesh out the history of my character and get some good roleplay going

Maybe I could meet up with one of the other sligs somewhere?

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 02-17-2009 at 11:17 AM..
02-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Dek turned to Krik.

"Leaving? I was under the impression you were entering the employ of the factory. And in any case you won't be able to leave just yet, most of this situation with the mudokons is business I'm unaware of and you aren't leaving me to take the flack."
He turned to #7 Slig. "I can assure you not to take any words of the robot as truth. Machines can malfunction as this factory well knows."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arthur walked into the warehouse, giving a look of bitterness towards Dionysia when he spotted her.
'Oddamit why do I have to work with this nutter?'
"Well. Found yer mudokon yet? An' if ya have, gonna get on with yer job?"

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

02-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

: Helsinki
: 9
Carlson's Raider  (10)
Humble beginnings

Helloys everyone, im new member but im excited to be a certified member finally. This rp was mainly the reason for me to join to the forum (me and my friends have been rp'ing dungeons & dragons for five years) so here's my characters for W@RF: Cog (Bigbro slig) and Zen (mudokon)

I hope you guys still accept new members

Cog:

Appearance: Cog's skin is darker green than typical slig or bigbro skin but he's also little bit smaller than normal bigbro's. (explained in history section) He wears new motorized pants made by Magog Motors (he worked in there before he was "saved" by Zen)

Personality: Cog is fairly docile for a bigbro but he can also turn destructive if he's being attacked. He's not very racistic against mudokons or wildlife but that's mainly because of Zen watching him

Equipment: Blitz packer, army jacket and his pants ofcourse

History: Cog was born in Slig barracks under normal conditions, in age old enough to serve as security unit he was sent to Magog Motor stalls to guard it's perimeter. In there he made friends with Mudokon named Zen, who arrived there the same time as Cog did.

After 11 years of succesful service and no escapes on his watch, executives of Magog Motors gave him a chance of entering steroid treatment and turning into "bigbro slig". After moment of hesitation Cog accepted and was taken into the medical wing, he realized that the treatment was turning him bigger but the same time lowering his intelligence... But there was no turning back now.

His mind begun to cloud as the steroids swelled his muscles. The process would soon come to an end but then Zen steps into the story: Zen was cleaning the corridors of the medical wing, he saw Cog strapped to the machines and decided to help. He pulled the tubes off from Cog's skin and waked him up. Then he sounded the alarm and told Cog to run. They escaped and Cog was forever thankful to Zen for saving his mind. Next day they were in a feeco train heading to Rupture farms for a better future...

Zen:

Appearance: Light green skin, pretty muscular. He wears pair of pants and jacket (pretty much like worn out jean fabric)

Personality: Stubborn and strong willed. Doesn't fear sligs that much

History: Zen was born as a native mudokon, he was kidnapped by slig raiding party when he was 16 years old. Sligs sold him to Magog Motors to work as a slave. (Look at Cog's history for the rest)

Last edited by Carlson's Raider; 02-22-2009 at 12:07 AM..
02-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

: In the mists of time
: 255
Slig75  (20)

Name: Admeet

Age (oldworld years): 9

Appearance: Admeet has a skin colour of black and wears 2 red gloves on his hands

Personality: Admeet likes to get the job done efficiently and properly done, he worries mostly about his job but he does like to have a laugh with the other employees of Rupturefarms.

Disorders: Admeet dosn't suffer any perticular disorder but he does sometimes get slightly emotional.

Hobbies: Oddworld's wildlife (especially paramites), weaponry, the local newspaper, dutys and a short nap now and then

Dislikes: Un-cooperative employees, fleeches, lying about for a considerable ammount of time and tear gas.

Equipment: Admeet has the usual equipment of any slig, a gun, mechanical pants, a baton, night vision in the goggles and a local newspaper

History: Not much is known on Admeets birth, But Admeet was once a guard at necrum mines when Soulstorm took over it to harvest the bones for the brewery. after the destruction of Soulstorm Brewery, Admeet became worried that the terroist responsible for the disaster could be on a rampage destroying everyone in sight. so he transfered himself via FeeCo trains to Rupturefarms and became a full time worker. He made a few friends in the facility but mostly spends his time alone working in the grinding area (all levels).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Zaypher

Age (oldworld years): 9

Appearance: Zaypher's skin colour is similar to Admeet's but has a browner tint.

Personality: Zaypher is more lazier than Admeet but does likes to get the job done. many workers around Rupturefarms don't like him because of his rude character, but his only friend is Admeet who befriended him at the Necrum Mines.

Disorders: Zaypher has no disorders what so ever

Hobbies: Weaponry, the industrial environment, mine cars and Meeches

Dislikes: Un-cooperative employees, fleeches, steam and water.

Equipment: Again, Zaypher has the usual equipment of any slig: a gun, mechanical pants, a baton, and he usually carries a mechanics hand-book for when he needs to fix something or for when he's bored.

History: Again, not much is known about Zaypher's birth, but he was transferred to the Necrum Mines to be trained to guard the mines from any terrorist or other kind of enemy. his main subject was mechanics and engineering. While inspecting a mine shaft for any loose material, he was knocked out by a loose rock (thankfully, he was held by a safety rope). He was found by Admeet and he helped Zaypher get his energy back by giving him cups of coffee. they became friends together and worked together to boost the ammount of work done. Due to Admeet being worried about the terrorist responsible for the destruction of Soulstorm Brewery, he came with Admeet on the FeeCo trains heading towards the new Rupturefarms. he enlisted to work as an safety officer and sometimes see's Admeet for a bit of fun and games.

Also, Check out my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/Admeet75

Last edited by Slig75; 02-21-2009 at 12:49 PM.. : add a new profile
02-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Slig75
Sniper Wasp

: In the mists of time
: 255
Slig75  (20)

Admeet walked in to the grinding area. he knew that he would make an efficient job at first but many things would distract him. He leaned against a slightly rusty wall and thought to himself " *quiet laugh* no event will happen".

Also, Check out my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/Admeet75

Last edited by Slig75; 02-23-2009 at 11:35 AM.. : re write
02-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Welcome to all of ya new guys. I'd like to see your progress and how well ya can do in an RPG!

Slig75, not to jump on ya or anything, but your saying Admeet is in bed now. Are you saying the day is almost over already? Because it's still morning! An RPG takes course similair to any regular day, ya can't say your character is just standing there then 10 hours pass by all in one post. 10 hours would roughly take MANY posts to achieve. A single post mostly takes up a few minutes. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your post, and I'm sorry for that. But I'm just trying to get this thing straightened up.
02-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

Carlson's Raider  (10)
Arrival

Cog and Zen are onboard a FeeCo diesel train heading to Rupture farms station... Cog looked out of the window and saw the ravaged landscape of industrial oddworld and the train billowing big clouds of blackish smoke into his face.

He pulled his head inside when the train headed into a tunnel and looked at Zen, he was snoring on the bench. Cog shooked his head and poked him awake: "Zen, were arriving to Rupture farms station in a minute so get ready" Zen tried to go back to sleep but the intercom rattled and slig voice shouted: "Rupture farms station ahead, 22kilometers"

The train stopped slowly into the plaftorm. Only Cog and Zen stepped out because it was early morning train. They started walking towards the main doors when Zen looked the sky and saw the morning sun behind clouds of smoke.

"Are you sure this is a good idea Cog?" he asked. "Well there's no turning back now and hey, atleast this is better than Magog Motors right?" "Well i guess your right" Zen answered and talked to the intercom: "One mudokon and slig are waiting at the door, were looking for work"

then they stepped back and waited for the answer
02-22-2009, 02:50 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Happy

IC: Borso yells "Just a minute", opening the door.
"Hi there, you must be new as well!"

He looked at the Slig and Mudokon standing there and asked for their names.
"So you're Cog, and the mud is Zen? That seems to be in order. If you're ready for work you can apply for jobs right now."

He proceeded in reading out the Rupture Farms work contract, and took their worker details in a small notebook.

"Alright, Zen, the Grinding Area is pretty busy today, see if you can lend them a hand, report to the Slig officer in charge for a job... Admeet's the name, tell him hi from me! He owes me a Scrab Cake too..."

Borso then turns his attention to Cog. "Ah, a former Big Bro eh? There aren't a great deal of Vykkers here so you should be alright for a while."

He turned to look at his notebook again, "Well Cog, get yourself to the Armory and get used to the weaponry here. I'm sure there'll be plenty to check out there... after that, proceed to your nearest Glukkon for some work. See ya later"

Borso waited till Cog and Zen got inside, and then closed the door.

[B]
floofyderg.live

Last edited by AlexFili; 02-23-2009 at 01:24 AM..
02-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

Carlson's Raider  (10)

ooc: Ofcourse Alex, nice conversation Should my characters meet Arnie before starting work btw? (Cog is just smaller than normal Bb's but he's also little bit more intelligent)

Ic: Cog nodded to Borso and stepped inside. "So, where's the armory then? Hope you have time to show me because im little bit lost now."

Zen was already following the signs leading to the grinding area and hoping to find someone who could help him with the machines, when he reached the grinding area he saw some mudokons and shouted: "Hiya! So who's in charge here?"

Last edited by Carlson's Raider; 02-22-2009 at 07:16 AM..
02-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Chronicler
Boombat

Chronicler  (79)

OOC: Great job guys. Your RPing skills are rather much good.

But a few things. All new worker characters are to go to the cafeteria (Not sure if it's a hard on set rule, but that's from what I can tell). C's Raider, who are the Mudokons you're referring to in your post? I don't believe NPCs are allowed. Sorry to spoil the fun here, but I'm very obsessive in the morning .....

IC: Skullik's face froze back into a mild glower as he listened to Gewehr's evasive attempt at a cover up. Friend helping me to achieve my goals? All nasty lies. Skullik can give the Slig some backbiting, but that's not important right now. The reptillian Outlaw looked daggers at Gewehr and shoved him aside. He tromped over to Anni and her friend, distress floating around them. He stomped his foot onto the ground when he looked down at the two Mudokons. Skullik's face was still a hateful beast. "He gonna need someth'n?" Skullik said as he glared at Jim. The Outlaw saw his past in that Mudokon's dismay. However, he himself has done much worse than a small beat like that ....

OOC: Still waitin' for Dripik ...
02-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Splat

ooc:
Right guys, lets take a minute with these things.

AlexFili, I thought your first version of the post was better. It doesn't have to be longwinded to be worthwhile and it becomes a serious problem when posts are overladen with detail because there comes a point when people won't bother reading them anymore (cf. Slaveless).
Also, RF doesn't have a 'recruitment office'. If you're looking for an office the boss's office might be better, though right now the executives and the head slig are in the cafeteria.
Finally, Borso just got here; he hasn't even seen another employee yet; how can he have a job?! Also, since when did we have a gate?!!

Slig75,

Seriously though, firstly your character needs to ARRIVE at Rupture Farms, because if 'he'd been there all along' or something, someone probably would have noticed.
Secondly, you need to pay attention to the timeline of the RPG. As Chronicler said, time can't suddenly jump x hours, you need to interact with other characters and let time develop on its own.

Carlson, you're not doing too badly right now. I assume the mudokons you're referring to would be Anni and Jim (could be wrong there) though as Anni's currently hanging on the back of a very unhappy slig and Jim is practically comatose, Zen's reaction seems slightly... banaal.
If you weren't referring to Anni and Jim, then you should know NPCs are not allowed in this RPG.

All three of you have good grammar and spelling and such, which is a great start compared to a lot of the new players we get. You just need to learn some more about RPGing.

I know I need to post IC. I don't want to do so in the same post as so much advice-giving (hope I wasn't ranting) so I'll do it as soon as I can.

Sory I haven't been around the last two weeks; work's been extrememly busy.

Last edited by Splat; 02-22-2009 at 09:44 AM..
02-22-2009, 10:54 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

Oddworld

IC: Borso sighes and takes a not-well deserved nap.

OOC: Apologies, but I didn't specifically say that Cog had a job
This RPG could do with a neater map, and possibly a list of the most important RPG members? (Glukkons, supervisors etc).

Sorry if it sounds like I'm moaning. Good to be here.

[B]
floofyderg.live

02-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

IC :

SU-01 wanted to spoke to everyone in the lab :

"I must inform you that..." he stopped in the middle of his sentence.
This situation is getting problematic, he thoughts. I'd better not put myself into much troubles, or I won't be able to reach my main objective. The objective. The very reason I've been designed and build for.

"I must inform you that...I'm sorry for what happened. It seems I've made an analysis mistake. This won't happen again. Apologies."

Being sorry, to apologie...Those words sounded wrong coming from a robot being, and SU-01 was aware of it. He was just a bunch of shiny metal pieces with no brain nor feelings. Or was he ?

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 02-22-2009 at 04:44 PM..
02-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Carlson's Raider
Zappfly

Carlson's Raider  (10)

Ooc: First of all sorry splat if i broke the rules or something With gate i meant somekind of door. You have a door right? Im posting ic later today, atm im posting from school computer so i don't have enough time.

Ps. Thanks for the advice Splat!