Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

'nuff said.

Wrex.

02-18-2007, 10:21 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

: Feb 2007
: Brooklyn,NY
: 45
The Iconoclast  (10)

That's it...it's time to whip out the daddy belt. That post was in response to YOUR initial hostility.

And what's more, I don't understand why you're constantly singling me out and questioning my intelligence on this matter. I may not be bringing anything relevent to the table in your opinion, but that's only because I don't agree with your views. I bet that if I were all for what you were saying in the first place, then you would treat me remarkably differently as a result.

I'm singling you out because you are the single entity that brings me irritation. If you'll notice, I insulted SeaRex just the same and he was one my side form the start. Also, I bet if you had a valid arguement or counter proposal..or anything constructive for that matter, I'd treat you with dignity like Alcar who disagreed with me in a constructive manner. Of course you don't seem to be mentioning the fact that Alcar is disagreeing yet recieving dignified responses do you. Very interesting.
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

: Nov 2006
: Teh Webz
: 1,515
snuzi  (12)

I've already given a valid arguement. Countless times in fact. The problem is that you don't view it as such because of your overly-inflated opinion about yourself. No matter what I say, you're going to continue to reply to my posts in a hostile manner. And quite frankly, I don't even give a shit anymore if you do. I've already seen what kind of person you are, and you're honestly not someone I wish to continually waste my time on. You're a spoiled brat who thinks he's always right, and I resent you for it.

02-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

Note: I didn't read the last few posts because I got the impression they were allmost all about arguing with each other about something else then the basic idea. I like this idea too much to throw it away.

Okay, first thank you Alcar for the info. It's a pity the vB licence only works for one forum.

What we could do is to start something with a free program on either Odd.net's server or TOL's server. IF the domain name isn't that expencive, and I don't mind to pay it the first year IF I got some support (not finencial) from some members here (Max, SeaRex, Alcar,...).

My idea is, we can try,... and shut the whole thing down if it's a big waste of time and money.

The main problem is, how would we get members to that forum? People came here to discuss only one game and because it's the semi-official oddworld forum. "Stealing" members of other forums by advertising on them seems like a bad idea to me.

An other idea, would be to do like the Ubisoft forums (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums) each game has his own skin, moderator and community but, they are all part of the same network (with global admins and mods). We could make a huge forum, make the Oddworld part a subpart of it, but it wouldn't be obvious. http://www.oddworldforums.net/ would point directly to the oddworld subpart and off-topic, and visually it wouldn't change a thing. Simply when you go to the other forum (CultGaming/Oak/I don't care yet) you would see Oddworld and Off-topic as a subpart of it (admit it would be silly to have 2 different oddwolrd forums and discussions).

Here is an example, when you go to: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/747107822 you don't notice directly that you are actually on a big network of forums, especially not if we change the url by one we choose ourself.

I admit the second idea is expansion, but, it would be way more subtle then changing the name and putting the Oddworld part in a corner.

02-19-2007, 03:51 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
SeaRex...buddy...I was joking. But really...what WERE you thinking? Lol.
No. Fuck that "joking" shit. You don't shoot down someone's idea while brainstorming; that's just not how it works.

And listen to you, like your idea for a name is hot shit or something. No, no... you're right. No one has ever changed a "c" to a "k" to form a valid acronym-based word before. That's totally not cliché or anything. And I'm sure we'll attract many new members with OUR MOTHERFUCKING TREE. Oh, what was I thinking? I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you think that your convoluted idea is going appeal to anyone.

And your mother is a whore. OH HAHAHA ONLY JOKING BUDDY LOLOLOL.

And Xav, your idea seems good to me. I think a "trial period" for this new project is just what we need.
02-19-2007, 06:39 AM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

: Oct 2006
: You wouldn't believe me.
: 1,559
Arxryl  (10)

:
and of course all my loyal supporters: Arxryl...used...SeaRex..i know you love me buddy...hobo...and whoever else
Umm...I'm not exactly with you. I'm more on the side that we can compromise everything. Does anyone read my entire posts?
I was merely giving our (our being my) side of the argument, and standing up for those who believe the OWF should remain the way it is.

Anyways... Xavier, great idea. A trial period is an excellent idea, because if it seems to fail, then we need not worry about it too much. If we decide to make this second site at all.

Our fate is sealed only when we accept it. -~Arxryl~-

02-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
Firstly: Hobo, rock on.
This

:
Oh. OK. Fuck you then. Never mind the fact that I was just throwing an idea out there. You can stick up for yourself and your retarded-ass name from now on. Good luck. As far as this thread goes, I'm out.

God I love not being an admin.
But sadly also this.

Can we Split the thread. One for serious comments one for jackassery?

This is a serious idea with potential. And another thread would remove the debating whether this is a good idea or not portion which will keep all the oddworld religion folks out as they won't have a reason to input.

In theory.
02-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I agree with hobo. a split would be nice.

02-19-2007, 11:41 AM
used:)
Symphonium

: Jun 2005
: Tranquil Vestiges, PA
: 5,161
used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)used:)  (3040)

:

'nuff said.
Wow, that's hypocrasy at its finest.
02-19-2007, 03:11 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Are you people kidding me? I bust my hump at work doing next to nothing for twelve US dollars an hour and I come back to this? Nothing constructive...

SeaRex...please calm down. I WAS kidding...even though I might've done it in an inapropriate fashion. I was wrong. But wtf crawled up your ass, died, and then came back to life with a coat of spikes? My idea doesn't need to hide behind originality because it has so much thought behind it. The rock medium for music is not original...but we still enjoy certain bands that manage to do something great and thoughtful with it. My complaint was that it seemed you put no thought into your idea.

Arxryl...I'm dissapointed. This is the kind of flim flammery fit for a mega-church official. Sadly, this is an arguement with sides. You can't be in it and remain neutral. It's like Swizerland in WW2. It was neutral and also not partaking in the war. You can't be in a war and be neutral at the same time.

Hobo...no. We make our stand here in front of EVERYONE. When I was visiting my brother in London, I went on a stroll in Hyde Park. I was at the area where people are allowed to make demonstrations. There was this one jewish guy standing on a makeshift podium trying to spread ideals of brotherly love and peace. He had a small crowd around him when suddenly a bunch of german children approached him shouting nazi slogans. he kept on spreading his peace and love regardless of their mindless attack. We should follow suit and not run. Running solves nothing.
02-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Who says I am trying to remain nuetral? I said I was trying to support a compromise. You know, where both sides give in a little. Proposing a compromise doesn't mean I am neutral. If given almighty power over everything, I'd keep this place the way it is.

But seeing as compromises are sometimes neccessary, well, almost always I suggested we follow something like to Xavier's plan.

Once again, I never said I was neutral, or trying to be.

And good illustration about the Jewish guy being taunted by some boys who like to shout Nazi things. That was a good way to illustrate your point to stand together, but now you are making us out to be Nazi children...

02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Us? This "us" business gets so confusing. My point was not about the nazi children...my point was only to stand our ground instead of running as hobo sugested.

As for Xav's plan...doing some kind of half assed cheap trial run isn't going to get anywhere and it'll furnished half assed results. There's this latin expression that says: From nothing, nothing comes. So from half assed attempts come half assed results.

Of course you brought up an excelent point in how the hell we're going to get members. I hadn't considered that. The thing is, I find these places not through ads or w/e...but when I'm looking for them. Of course few people are like me so we might be waiting a while. We could definetely get some xbox fan boys here...fallout people for sure.

Going to other forums to steal members would not be wrong. Desperate times call for desperate measures. And something tells me the 5 members on the grim fandango forum wouldn't mind something like this. Of course we can't make the site and THEN call people. We have to do a market research type thing. We'll aks first and then DO later. This is a huge move and not to be taken lightly.

Max...where have you gone and why didn't you answer my pm? I put in quite a bit of effort making a well thought out organized layout for you...and now you don't even come to my aid!...For shame...
02-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

Augh...
When I say "We" I speak for those who think the way I do. Like the way you use the word "we".

And when Xavier talks about a "trial period" he is talking about a new forum that we aren't resting our hopes and dreams upon. If it were to -God forbid- fail, then we wouldn't have to worry about trying to pull everything back together.

It may seem "half-assed" to you, but it's the logical way to do things right now.

And like Xavier said, (I think) "...countless people have predicted the fall of OWF..." and so far it is still standing, so I wouldn't go forth and call this a time of great and absolute peril.

And further more, I understood, what you meant with the illustration about standing your ground, that's kinda what Standing Together means.
Keyword: Standing. Not running...

02-19-2007, 05:37 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

I could stand my ground just fine without standing together. Furthermore, this is no longer about some move to save oddworld forums from a hypothetical demise. This is just a move I'm proposing because I thought THIS was the place to do it. It doesn't matter if this forum succeeds or dies. Alcar's keeping it regardless...it'll be our souvenir forever...our beloved memory of oddworld. As for me...I've got big plans and it looks like some people here wouldn't mind sharing in the glory.

Believe me, if I was half as obssessed with oddworld as some people here...I'd paint myself blue, chant in school, and fart on bureaucrats who destroy anything remotely human on earth. Fortunately, my scope is a little wider than oddworld. I refuse to confine myself to this one thing. Staying with one idea is to invite your own death as a growing individual entity. This is why smart people say conviction is bad. Conviction prevents you from getting access to any other ideas. Your love with oddworld is verging on conviction. I'm not saying it's bad...it's just not for me. And odd help snuzi or skillya or mitsur if you use ANY OF THIS in a post against me.

If anyone is going to start attacking me for coming here with only the intention to disband this place...don't. I actually originally intended my proposal as a move to safeguard the continued existence of this place. Seeing as how Alcar will never give it up (good for you man), the reaction of certain members, and most importantly how this thread has evolved...the intent of my proposal has evolved with it. Now it's just my idea for the sake of it's mission (which no longer centers around saving this site) (not to imply this site needs saving). tee hee

As an added note...Xav's plan is NOT logical. As I pointed out with the half assed attempt+half assed result example. Notice your forum section for OTHER games. It was put there as an afterthought. Is it a huge success? I don't think so...

I see you lurking there Arxryl...I can SMELL you. lol Post fast because I'm leaving at 10 for 30-60 minutes to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender which I regret tossing aside earlier as just another anime piece of shit. A surprisingly human cartoon...a little cheesy and cliche in parts but the fact that it can capture a bit of humanity is totally redeeming and earns my respect. Woot. I watch children's programming! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
02-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

You say that as if we only care about Oddworld, and our eyes are glued to the computer screen every waking moment. You also speak as though we aren't intelligent, which is something I don't altogether respect.

And I'm not attacking you, whatever you may believe. This is a discussion, and we all have opinions that differ. What may have semeed like attacking was merely posting an opinion or an idea. I respect you in the sense that you want to move on to somehting really big, and something really successful. That's great! More power to ya'. But you take things we say as being attacks on your ship. The reason a lot of people get upset with you is that you assume too much of others, just as you think we assume too much of you.

And to that sentance, " I could stand my ground just fine without standing together." I'm sure you could stand by yourself, and you seem to be doing pretty well too, but when you originally posted the whole Nazi illustration to persuade Hobo to stay with the idea, it seemed like you wanted him to stand with you. As with anything I may say, it could possibly be wrong and I could possibly be mislead. If so, I'm sorry.

And I understand that you want to make a forum about creative gaming, with some really great titles, and some really great ideas.
But something that is getting me is... why us? Why did you come here? Have you gone to other sites with about the same thing, or did you just want to start here? Please don't take this as an attack, as it isn't, but it's been a question that has been bugging me for a while now. And especially with a few of your more recent statements:
:
Furthermore, this is no longer about some move to save oddworld forums from a hypothetical demise. This is just a move I'm proposing because I thought THIS was the place to do it. It doesn't matter if this forum succeeds or dies...
:
I refuse to confine myself to this one thing. Staying with one idea is to invite your own death as a growing individual entity.
:
I actually originally intended my proposal as a move to safeguard the destruction of this place. Seeing as how Alcar will never give it up (good for you man), the reaction of certain members, and most importantly how this thread has evolved...the intent of my proposal has evolved with it. Now it's just my idea for the sake of it's mission (which no longer centers around saving this site) (not to imply this site needs saving). tee hee

02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

Dude...I never said YOU were attacking me. Oy...I hate how confused all this shit gets. The impression I get is that you ONLY care about oddworld (which as I said before was fine). If you care to read the VERY posts you quoted (which I wrote specifically for you by the way because I knew you'd be thinking about that question) you'd see the answer to your question.

I told you...I came here for understanding...to find my own. I found some dried up little creek. Thought I'd save it with a great idea that combines your goals and my dreams. You guys didn't want saving which is fine...but then when I saw my idea catch on, I stuck with it. And now we're here. And now I'm going to watch my stories...lol
02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Arxryl
Outlaw Sniper

Arxryl  (10)

That's nice...

Okay, if you read My post, you would see what other question I asked.
Why did you come here first? It may be a small insignificant answer such as "Oddworld was the first game I thought of," or something.

And when you post something that says that we are on the verge of convulsion, that draws a lot of red lines right there. People get offended by it easily. I know I do, and that might be why I acted so... awkwardly.

And of course I have read the very posts I have quoted, otherwise I'd have just said, "Well, I didn't care to read what you had to say, blah blah blah..." and I still had something to ask about them or say about them.
Which is the VERY reason I quoted them.

Sorry for any misunderstanding I may have caused, but hopefully this post cleared it up.

02-19-2007, 07:17 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
As an added note...Xav's plan is NOT logical. As I pointed out with the half assed attempt+half assed result example. Notice your forum section for OTHER games. It was put there as an afterthought. Is it a huge success? I don't think so...

I see you lurking there Arxryl...I can SMELL you. lol Post fast because I'm leaving at 10 for 30-60 minutes to watch Avatar: The Last Airbender which I regret tossing aside earlier as just another anime piece of shit. A surprisingly human cartoon...a little cheesy and cliche in parts but the fact that it can capture a bit of humanity is totally redeeming and earns my respect. Woot. I watch children's programming! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
Spongebob Squarepants!

And on the point of Xav's idea being pointless, I actually think it's pretty clever.

Think about it. First of all, it's a safeguard. Would you be willing to sink over $100 into an internet forum that you aren't completely sure would work? I know I wouldn't, since money is hard to come by for me still, as I'm not old to enough to legally work somewhere yet. (14) By making a test forum, you can find out if people will actually show up, and get suggestions for what it could take better. Best of all, it'll cost a miniscule fraction of the real thing's cost, if it costs anything at all.

Second of all, it'll be a novelty. You can call the test forum a beta forum, and if it garners enough people to be long-lasting, you can upgrade to the real thing. People will be impressed by the planning, and lend more credibility. What the expiriment forum failed at, the real thing will shine in, thanks to suggestions on the 'beta', and the improved resources you get from upgrading to the paid version.

I'm not even going to touch the other parts of your post, because I won't be able to make myself lie.

Wrex.

02-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

So much angst. Interesting ideas on all sides of the table, but in the end it's not going to change this is an Oddworld forum Abe Babe is the original co-creator, Alcar is the ranking head administrator and it has been decreed that this is staying an Oddworld forum or the properties of OWI.

This is not meant to say shut up because it's not going to change, but the petty fighting gets old. The internet is of course about freedom to express ideas, you can do it here but in a manner that is mature if your voice is to be heard or taken seriously. So my suggestion would be that if it's really that big of a problem start your own forum. There's been enough shit thrown over the years.
02-25-2007, 08:27 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

I come back to this...after a good long ban. Nate dog...you sicken me. You miserable piece of shit.

I'll miss you guys...and if you still care Arxryll...Oddworld was the most obscure game in my roster. At least SOMEBODY'S heard of fallout. I say the more obscure, the more elite the audience...and it's true. You don't get the same kind of people at a 50 cent concert as you would at a [insert really obscure band] concert.

Anyway...goodbye all. I'll try my idea on my own sometime and if any of you still care about beauty, art, and the boundlessness of thought...come visit it. In the mean time I gotta go learn how to make a web site! You've all been great...even you snuzi and skillya. Bitches...jk. You were all wonderful to talk to.

P.S....I wish I could afford the limited edition 10 years of oddworld art book...god damn...

Love you guys...**** you nate dog...eat shit cock sucker!!!!!!!
02-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

See ya, man. I had no idea that you got banned. I don't understand why, really. You were just putting out your thoughts and opinions, and even though I don't exactly agree with what you had planned for the forums, I don't think you should have been banned for opinions.

Last edited by Cullen Heath; 02-25-2007 at 08:52 PM..
02-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

He was insulting members and has been asked to stop by moderators, but didn't stop. He also dubble posted very much even after being asked to stop.

Ignoring moderators warnings is not a good idea

I still like the idea, drop me a mail if you do it some day.

02-26-2007, 01:00 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

All I've got to say is: it's about time. I certainly won't be missing your ass, or your overzealous obsession and dedication for who-gives-a-shit-about-'em video games. Good riddance to you, sir .

02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

Shut your face Snuzi. You Noob.
02-26-2007, 09:59 AM
snuzi
Outlaw Sniper

snuzi  (12)

And what a typical and completely senseless response. Just what I'd expect from you .

02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

I'll remind you that discussing banned members is against the rules.

As well as the fact that boasting to someone who's left is nothing but pointless.
02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

The thing is Xav...I don't think I WILL mail you. There wouldn't be a place in my forums for people with your mentality. My rules would not be the ones you're familiar with. I would allow people to curse and insult. It would let them see (like it let me see) that profanities and insults do nothing but diminish the credibility of your arguement...and they would learn to construct better arguements that don't revolve around retardation. People can't learn if you just tell them no. It's too one-dimensional...we need 3 dimensional thinking...the type that involves asking why. Analytical thinking buddy...

That and cursing tends to make stuff sound more comical.

Snuzi...I tried being gracious in departure...but you continue to be a dick which rests my case.

Hobo...I have to confess...I no longer feel sexually attracted to women...only hobos.

I know I said I left...but I'm gonna make reappearances just to express my gratitude to those who showed loyalty to me and more importantly what I stand for. I think that's the problem here and Snuzi hit it right on the nose with his totally retarded comment. He showed me that he had no understanding whatsoever of what the hell my intentions were with my proposal. As I said before...he loves oddworld for oddworld and not what it stands for. Face value doesn't do much for me in the long run.

And Arxryll...I'm here not for Oddworld, but for the people I knew it would attract because I KNEW what stood behind oddworld. I'm glad I got to meet people with similar or different though INTERESTING/WELL THOUGHT OUT views.

And snuzi...what qualifies a game as something worth caring about or a who-gives-a-shit-about-em game? Matter of opinion really. But I think we all know how much regard YOU have for opinions. lol...unless they're coming from the mods urethra to your throat! ROFL COPTER!!!!!!! Woops...sorry if I insulted you.

Anyway...if anyone here does want to pursue this...we can do this in a place other than here...we wouldn't want snuzi to get his thong bunched up. So feel free to email me or message me on AIM... fr0st89 the "o" is a zero because I'm a girl with low self esteem...ha! Arrested Development RULEZ!!! I'm expecting at least hobo to contact me...cmon hobo...you know you want to...

woops...am I recruiting people to MY forum from another forum? lol
02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Cullen Heath
The Oddworld Bazaar

: Oct 2005
: .
: 1,983
Cullen Heath  (6)
Happy

God, Iconoclast, shut up you cunt. You stated that you would be leaving, so go ahead and leave.
And hobo, you should probably follow him. You don't contribute to this forum what so ever, and about 99 percent of the people hate you and are sick of you being around.
:
woops...am I recruiting people to MY forum from another forum? lol
Oh, yeah, 'cause you know, you have a forum up and it' awesome. I so prefer yours over this one 'cause yours is so complete and what not, and this one isn't.

02-26-2007, 01:59 PM
The Iconoclast
Stunk

The Iconoclast  (10)

yay! lets have all the smart people leave! c'mon hobo...

we and I know when we're not wanted!...not that it ever really bothers us
02-26-2007, 03:12 PM
Rich
Can't Be Arsed

: Apr 2001
: Wolves, UK
: 2,429
Rich  (138)Rich  (138)

Why do you retards always seek to destroy and drive away any interesting member who has something controversial and innovative to say?