Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

09-28-2005, 10:54 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Splat was only offering advice to you, it would be best if you reconsider it, TDM, since he knows best. Just my opinion, though.

It was mentioned earlier that the rising smoke can be seen from the village, so the Industrial factory's location should be pretty obvious.

Splat, I might have missed it, but did you mention random characters in the rules? I can't remember.

-------------------------------

Berdon: "A new council already?... I guess, we'll have to make one sooner or later, we need to reorganise the village." he took a step back. "Not that I know a lot about the council, I'm only a warrior. So, what do you think, Cheddar?"

09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: If you mean TDM there are a few characters that he was talking too, though TDM, you should mention the names of the characters if its not completely clear.
I forgot to put rules up about random characters so I'll just add it here and edit it into the beggining soon, keep random characters to a minimum, any character that is likely to appear more than twice needs a bio and needs to get a decent role in the game, don't put in a person and say anyone can control him once you're done, or introduce him properly and then ship him off to somewhere in your next post.
Anyway,

Cheddar was interrupted from his abstract thought, turned to Berdon and answered. "We'll wait a while to give people a chance to come together. We don't want to do anything too bold until the industrialists have had a chance to clear out. And if some of the council have survived, or some of the high ranking members, it'll be easier to get things running smoothly. I would imagine our chief hunters and warriors will have dived right into the heart of the battle and fought until they were killed. The chief would have wanted to 'go down with his ship', but until we can be sure I'll take control. We need to make sure as many people find us without drawing the industrials."

The first drops of rain began to fall and Cheddar stretched out his hands to feel the water. "We should make a shelter; it looks like it may be a pretty heavy storm, which might chase off the industrialists if we're lucky. The hollow Albert and I slept in was hardly big enough for the two of us, but if we can make a simple shelter it should do. Did you manage to salvage any tools?"

ooc: Still waiting for T-nex. Where are ya, we need ya!

09-28-2005, 01:18 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

: Aug 2005
: The moist country of the UK
: 695
LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: Just to let everyone know, DE won't be able to get on for a while. I believe her computer took the plunge and died. Just don't shoot the messenger.

09-28-2005, 02:14 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: MunchieMaster asked me to join, so I will, eventhough I haven't got that mucha time.... Profile!

Name: Mordred
Race: Native mudokon

Position: A scout. Quite useful for use against enemy forces. See Bio...:P

Appearance: A small and agile mudokon. He wears a dark colored loincloth. And he has a pigment problem, his nails are white and nearly always glow in the dark, same goes for his teeth and his chest color. See Bio...

Equipment: He hasn't got a slingshot, but still carries a few rocks.

Bio: Mordred was born in freedom. But a short time after, his parents noticed that Mordred's nails and chest were white and left a pale glow while in dark places.
Mordred grew up... yea... and he became a scout. His nose is extremely sharp in recognizing friend from foe. His ears hear almost everything in while in full concentration. But his eyes are just normal.
And oh, another thing, Mordred gets suspicious on every sound he hears at night, so he'll turn around and drop on the ground for no reason sometimes.
-----End Of Profile-----

And I've got a question, then I think I'm able to start.
Is it night or day?

09-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

Okay, thanks Splat, I guess since Nick was here it seemed like it had just happened. Screw it, here goes:

Name:Sev
Arnaments:Slig Blitz Packer
Description:Sev had recently been transferred to the nearby factory, and during the raid on the mudokon village, a heavy payload of rubble and debris fell on him, Severely wounding him and striking him with severe amnesia. Not knowing what side he's now on, he's just begun to wake up from his crude prison on the ground. He has some normal slig pants and a tattoo of a scrab on his right arm.

Sev felt a horrible pain in his chest. He looked around and saw that a huge beam was across him. He looked in his hand to see his gun and in the other was a gash. He took a deep breath and then squeezed out from the beam.

Replacing the large wooden object was a huge red scar on his skin. He winced and started to crawl over to his pants when he felt a horrible pain inside his chest. He guessed a rib was broken, but what he couldn't remember was the reason why he was here. He remembered working with some mudokons a while back, and a scrab, so he decided to find one of them. Not a scrab, a mud.

Sev got into his pants and started walking towards some nearby woods.

09-29-2005, 02:40 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Right now its morning, the morning just after the attack. Ilike both the new characters (ah Jarnww, now you see the trouble of being increative when it comes to new characters!) I know Mordred's problem, tisn't great (though mine doesn't glow in the dark!)

09-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Yay, Boogie, Jarnnww, glad to have you on board. Pity about DE, but I guess Hadda's adventures can go on hold until she can get back on. (DE is a she right? Cause I always thuoght she was a guy!)

IC:
Laskar shrugged at Cheddar's words about the chief and the warriors not fleeing, and voiced his hopes
"Well, I dunno, me and Berdon, we're warriors but we had the sense to pull out. Hopefully some of 'em got away, but I doubt it.And the only 'tools' I have are my tent, gun and baton. I could go back the way I came and see if my tent's still intact while you two work on building another shelter then I couyld bring the tent and we could stretch it out to fit us all or put it over the hollow and dig down to make it bigger."

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: Yes, DE is a girl (so am I just for future reference ) and sorry, she won't be back for awhile. By the way, does anyone know where T-nex went too? Oh the horror, both my characters are stuck. Ah well.

09-29-2005, 10:22 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

: May 2005
: Roxton-Falls
: 130
The Dark Mudokon  (10)

ooc:Hey Splat and all the other annoying people out there.When I want advice,I'll ask ok?

Jaran walked toward the rising smoke,to the industrials' HQ.His lust for revenge was going to be filled.

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

09-30-2005, 12:28 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

OOC: Sorry I'm here I almost didnt have time to reply to this.... And when i did, my comp just HAD to crash <.<

IC:

Niamae grunted impatiently.

"Well, we can't be sure to trust you, so you'll have to follow us, unless you want me to loose patiance, and i don't like loosing patience." he said annoyed.

"C'mon, will you lead me to cheddar?" He asked Albert.

Then turned to the slig again and said: "My name's Niamae."

He turned away, and got ready to walk.

-----

OOC: Uh so it's morning?

Well, the tents were wrapped and bass, was ready to walk away towards the forest, wether the comander or the whimp wanted to follow him. He didn't like them too much, and thought they both were too afraid of getting in the battle.
He packed up his stuff.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

09-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

OOC:Heh, thanks MM. Glad to have you guys here too. And don't worry about me Splat, I think I'll manage.

Sev surveyed the scene around him. What did happen here? Bodies were strewn everywhere, and the air was filled with smoke and ash. Blood and wreckage were strewn about.

He then reconsidered going into the woods. It may not be the safest place right now, but it would be better than staying out in the open. He walked slowly into the canopy of charred trees.

As Sev slowly marched, he couldn't see anyone around. He checked his gun. It was loaded. He had gotten better with his aim, so he could probably take down anything he came across, short of a mutant scrab.

Sev:"Ugh..."

Sev started to feel dizzy. Memories returned to him. Bad ones. He then lost conscience and collapsed on the ground.

10-01-2005, 02:30 AM
Splat

ooc: Huzzah!

Albert looked suspiciously down at the bullet pack, as if he expected it to explode, then he grunted an answer to the slig, "Albert."
Keeping his bow raised, he announced. "How's this for a deal: I don't kill you and you don't kill us. I take you to see Cheddar who decides whether you're likely to attack us, and then we go from there."
He answered Niamae, "We'll go see Cheddar as soon as I know the slig isn't going to be attacking us, whatever that takes." He'd made some bad decisions in his life, and he wasn't about to risk the lives of any survivors that might have arrived.

Meanwhile, Cheddar considered Laskar's idea. "You could go and see, but be very careful near the village. The sligs pulled most of it to the ground, it'll be dangerous, especially if some sligs are still nearby. Stay hidden.. and if you have a chance, see if you can grab some industrial gear. Tools and the like. It would be useful if you maybe had a mask and some more industrial slig costume. We won't make you wear it, but a disguise is always useful, especially now."

ooc: I'm beginning to see how Havoc felt, TDM, I wasn't insulting you, I was just pointing out the situation. You have to be more tolerant of other people, especially people trying to help you! Not just in the RPGs, but in the forums, or you're gonna start getting on peoples nerves, and certain members will be less forgiving than we have.

Last edited by Splat; 10-01-2005 at 02:33 AM..
10-01-2005, 02:59 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

Slugger nodded sharply.

"I'll agree to that, we'll go and see this Cheddar of yours, but then you've got to help me find my Slog." Slugger eyed Albert and Niamae through his red lenses, they seemed trustworthy, albeit edgy, but trustworthy.

"If you don't want to be nabbed by Slig scouts, I suggest we get going, we've been here too long already." He didn't quite like the idea of being apprehended by a load of other Sligs and put in front of the firing squad.

10-03-2005, 04:38 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

The Dark Mudokon  (10)

After an hour of walking,Jaran finally arrived at the Industrials' HQ.He looked around,trying to find those who destroyed the village.

"Hey,you Slig scums!,he shouted,Come out and show yourself!"

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Laskar nodded
"Yeah, I don't like wearing the industrial gear now that I'm used to being liek this, but it'd come in handy for infiltration. Although I thought I tried that a while back during the factory raids but got found out? Still, I'll be back in a short while, if I get in trouble, I'll fire my gun three times in quick succession to the air and honk as loud as I can. If that happens, get down in the hollow and hide, or make a distraction so my attackers don't go for you. Oh er, actually I guess you should give the orders Cheddar, being the leader an' all. I just got carried away there, too used to leadin' the charge an' so forth."
He was impatient and wanted to go back, if he could get any equipment so much the better, if he could find any more survivors better still.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

10-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Splat

Cheddar: "Well if you are walking through the forest and another slig spots you through the trees, better they spot you wearing a mask than they see you as you are now. It will help you stay hidden. Go on, fire your three shots if you run into trouble and 5 if you think its something we can't deal with if we came to help you. Don't taken any foolish risks and if you find any of the tribe bring them back with you."

Albert looked suspiciously at the slig when he talked about other sligs nearby. He stopped himself before he could say that he didn't think they'd worry about him so much, but reminded himself that until they met up with Cheddar, they should be treating the slig more... civilly.
Albert: "Alright, come on then, it's not far." He motioned with his bow for the slig to walk in front of him. "Niamae, try and make sure he doesn't run off, ok?" He poked his loaded arrow in the sligs back and prodded him forwards.

10-04-2005, 12:12 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

With a resigned sigh Slugger did as he was told and began walking, wincing slightly at the whirring and screeching of his metal pants. As he walked he wondered what this Cheddar person would do to him. Maybe he'd have Slugger shot to the spot... The Slig let out a deep breath and rumaged around in his field kit for his rations. He began chewing of a stick of jerky. Well, even if he was going to die, there was no reason he had to go hungry.

"Wow...optimissum..." he thought glumily.

10-04-2005, 06:21 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

The Dark Mudokon  (10)

After Jaran shouted,nothing happened.The dark-skinned mudokon decided to enter the building and wreak havoc.A lot of blood would be spilled.

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

10-04-2005, 07:19 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: Jikes! Still haven't posted yet... Err, I've still got some homework left, so I'll edit this post as soon as I'm done. Promise.
EDIT: !

-IC-

Mordred got up from behind some scrap wood. He looked around the area to make sure that his ears didn't cheat on him.
"No slig to see," he spoke out loud "but they've been here. That's for sure... I hope I can make it back to the others. Such open fields make me nervous."

Mordred started walking while looking around. But then he stopped. He noticed something strange against the sun.
"Smoke? From that direction? There isn't a factory over there. That can't be... Hmm, it doesn't even look far away... I don't get it. Lets check that out."
He took a crouching position and sprinted off, towards the smoke.

OOC: I gotta go sleep now.

Last edited by big bro boogie; 10-04-2005 at 02:56 PM..
10-04-2005, 10:32 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

ooc: Oh and Boogie, I look forward to when you start mate!
Laskar nodded once again
"Can do boss."
He turned, nodded to Berdon ,then set off back the way he came. He keeps to the cover of the trees, and instead of going back directly, circles round a bit while making sure he is facing in the direction he remembers the village to be.
He doesn't care about the impending storm, rain is nothing, he only need worry if there is lightning.
' And despite what Cheddar said, if I could take a foolish risk to save another villager's life, I'd do it. I still have to finish payment for my sins as an industrialist.'
He thought to himself, continuing his erratic path and keeping to the trees and bushes.

10-04-2005, 10:45 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I kinda imagined the hollow like a cave. Oh, well...

---------------------------

Berdon nodded back at Laskar. Then he remembered of his custom tomahawk stones in his hut. He turned to Cheddar. "Well, I'm handy at woodcrafting, I could help at rebuilding the village if you like. Will need help, though." He looked around. "But we might need some kind of guard, for keeping the Industrials away until we get things running."

10-05-2005, 06:04 AM
Splat

ooc: THe hollow is really just a hole in the ground that Albert and Cheddar found and hid in during the night, it's hardly large.

Cheddar: "We'll see how it goes, Laskar may find some people at the village and Albert might have found someone too. If it's one of us, all the better. If its a slig, we'll have to move on soon, as soon as LAskar gets back probably. Worse things can happen now than getting damp."

Albert, under the cover of the trees, was only aware of the gathering storm by the darkness overhead. He was a little puzzled by this, as it was still morning and the sun had only just risen. He considered climbing into the trees to have a look atound, but decided with the slig it would be better not to.
He began wondering what they'd do when they arrived. They obviously couldn't have the slig walk out first, he didn't know how Cheddar would react to that, let alone anyone else who might have gathered to the flare.

10-05-2005, 08:22 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

The Dark Mudokon  (10)

Jaran entered the industrial HQ.He walked for five minutes before finding someone.There were sligs sleeping at their posts.there were five of them.

"Time to die,sligs!",Jaran shouted,waking up the guards.

the dark mudokon charged with his spear,ready to slaughter the lazy creatures.

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

10-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

ooc: Glad to see you've started Boogie! Just wondering, where exactly is Mordred cause my guy's going to the village, and I could do with knowing in case they are near to each other.
IC:
Laskar continued on his path, eventually, after thinking that he had certainly lost anybody who may have been following him, he struck straight for the direction he remembered the village to be in. He kept low and to the trees though, just in case there were any Industrial Sligs about. After a short while, he came to the clearing and saw that there wreckage was still there, but a mudokon(Abhay) was also there. He was standing still with a spear, apparaently surveying the village's remains. If he was one of the suvivors, then Laskar figured he better get him back with him to Cheddar, before the guy freezed to death from the impending storm.
Laskar holstered his rifle, stepped into the open; arms raised and said to the mudokon
"Oy! Who is that? You one of the other villagers? No need to attack me when you see me, it's me, Laskar."

ooc: Anybody know when DH will be able to get back on? LoboDiablo, you know her best out of us, any idea?

10-05-2005, 12:05 PM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)

OOC: Sorry Munchie all I know is she'll be back when she can get a new hardrive for her computer, it fried apparently. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Last edited by LoboDiabloLoneWolf; 10-05-2005 at 12:37 PM..
10-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Hehe, just one thing Munch's Master, Abhay doesn't have a spear and by that time he was searching around looking for any sign of survivors.
:
Then he came to his senses and grabbed up his slingshot, half-expecting to see sligs leap out from the trees or behind the remains of huts and start firing at him. He started walking around the debris, searching for any sign of survivors
No offense or anything

IC:
Oy! Who is that? You one of the other villagers? No need to attack me when you see me, it's me, Laskar."

Abhay, when he initially heard Laskar's slig voice, quickly jumped sideways and rolled behind the remains of a hut, more out of reflex than anything else. When he heard the rest, he cautiously looked around the edge of the hut, then jumped back to his feet and stepped out.
He spoke hurriedly, "Laskar? It's me, Abhay. For a little while I thought nobody had survived! What happened? I just got back now and found... this..." he shuddered.

10-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Splat

:
Jaran entered the industrial HQ.He walked for five minutes before finding someone.There were sligs sleeping at their posts.there were five of them.

"Time to die,sligs!",Jaran shouted,waking up the guards.

the dark mudokon charged with his spear,ready to slaughter the lazy creatures.
Alrite, two rules i made: no random characters and no going off on your own little quest away from everyone else. The first cus it causes problems, second cus there's nothing exciting about reading some guy running about on his own. It fills up space and is just generally annoying. READ THE RULES!!!

10-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

ooc: Oops, Oh well, I hope it's just trivial. I'll change it if you want, I knew you said searching, I kinda meant searching when I sid looknig at the village, but i forgot abotu the slingshot. Hopefulyl it doesn't matter though.
IC: Laskar smiled inwardly, at the fact that another of the villagers had made it. But he was also as sad as Abhay at the devastation.
"Yeah I know. There was an industrial attack yesterday. We thought nearly everyone was dead, chaos happened last night, we split up and ran, hiding whereever we could. Cheddar made it, as did Berdon, and Albert. I dunno about anyone else. Follow me, I know where Cheddar is. But first, I need sme industrial gear, so I can tr and blend in with the industrials. Oh, and we better get some stuff to make a tent or temporary hut, cause a storm's coming, and all we've got is a little hollow."
He smiled slightly and walked over to where he had left hois tent. It was intact, wet, torn, and trampled, but intact. He rolled it up and slung it under his arm, then began looknig for any Slig masks.

10-06-2005, 10:21 AM
The Dark Mudokon
Fuzzle

The Dark Mudokon  (10)

ooc:damn it,Splat!How am I supposed to interact with the others if I never encounter them?!And leave me alone with your stupid advice,you're getting on my nerves!Understood?!

Jaran The Dark Mudokon

Last edited by T-nex; 10-09-2005 at 01:20 PM..
10-06-2005, 10:34 AM
LoboDiabloLoneWolf
Sleg

LoboDiabloLoneWolf  (10)
Mad

OOC: What the hell was that for Dark Mudokon!? It's Splat's RPG and he has a right to enforce his rules, read the damn things before you go breaking them and insulting the RPG writer. His RPG, his rules, you follow them.

[Edit:] Sorry for blowing up in your RPG Splat.