Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

09-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

Geeble dropped the piece of Paramite leg he was holding.

Ronan: (gnawing on a finger) What's up?

Ronan then felt a sudden and utter depression overwhelm him. Saros and Geeble were hurt!

Geeble: They're in--

Ronan: --the forest! Let's get going!

And in our terrified states, we ignored that we could teleport and ran, flat out, to where Geeble and Saros should have been.
Geeble looked ragged, and Saros was unconscious. His new arms, looking oddly cool, were sprawled to the sides, and his legs were limp.

Ronan: Oh, my Odd! Blarg! What happened?

Blarg: (coughing) The orb ... attacked us. Saros ... managed to fight it off.

Ronan quickly called up some spooceshrub and lynni weed to mix a little "pick me up" for Saros. Geeble was helping Blarg to sit near the pond at the bottom of the waterfall.
Ronan fed the concoction to Saros; it was a little trying, but he managed it. Shortly, Saros sat up, and gazed blankly around at us.

Saros: I am a tool.

And he explained his tale. Ronan looked mildly surprised, despite his true horror; he could sort of predict the story as it was told. Geeble was rapt and attentive, soaking up each detail. Blarg tried to ignore it, as hearing it once was too much.

After the story, we all sat for a solid minute of silence. And when there is no talking, a minute can last for hours.
During this minute a disorienting image came to Ronan. He saw that Blarg had seen something that he wasn't supposed to tell the others ... but it was told by the imposter orb? Is it or is it not the truth?
Ronan only glanced suspiciously at Blarg before he spoke.

Ronan: Well ... uhh ... we have a long day tomorrow. I suggest we hit the hay. G'night, ya'll.

And we slept, taking turns with the watch.

09-24-2003, 11:42 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: Jun 2003
: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

(ooc: What does everyone know? Do they know about Minkae? Yes or no?)

Last edited by GrigtheSlig; 09-24-2003 at 04:10 PM..
09-24-2003, 11:50 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

(Here is your picture of Saros Grig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvc-022f.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	32.1 
ID:	1202  

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-24-2003 at 05:36 PM..
09-25-2003, 02:57 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Cool! I love it! 'Tis awesome! Anyway... is Blarg gonna go get his Orb or what? I think he should as soon as possible... and paramiteabe, if you don't like the name of your orb, just tell me, and I'll change it...

09-25-2003, 03:26 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

The next day it was time to leave. Blarg, Saros, Ronan and Geeble walked to the beach and agreed to leave in Saros's orb, but something happened. All sorts of birds came from nowhere and gathered together, flying in a giant circle. Then Raisin appeared next to the bird portal.

Raisin: Okay, you guys need to get in one of your orbs together and leave through this portal. You'll be reunited with Lammy, who needs your help with the obtaining of his orb. Go now children!

Blarg: What about my orb?

Raisin: The pure white orb called Galathon is especially precious and it is not findable until the other four orbs are found first. Once they are found, they will all join together and lead the way to Galathon.

Blarg: Alright, but is Galathon a place?

Raisin: Why yes! It is named after the pure white one and it is his kingdom. You'll be safe there, but getting to it is not so simple. You must all form your powers and work together to find it.

Ronan: But how do we form our powers together?

Raisin: You think I know?! That is for you to figure out! Now, no more questions! LEAVE...QUICKLY!

Geeble: Thank you for your wisdom, Almight Raisin.

Raisin gave a big smile and then chanted with a mighty deep bellowing noise and the imense bird portal opened. No one had ever heard Raisin chant before, so they all thought it sounded funny. Saros even laughed! Raisin gave him an annoyed look and then dissapeared.

Dak: Alright! ALL ABOARD!

Dak grew to magnificent size and swallowed everyone up and then shrunk back into his normal state. Then they went through the portal to their next destination!

-oddguy

09-25-2003, 03:19 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

(Thats a fine name its actually a real strong name for such an important orb. Grig is now Lammey and Saros. He has some idea he wants to add for Lammey so he has two roles.)

Meanwhile on a far land across the vast sea something horrible was brewing. A threat of astrinomical proportion was growing in the mist of the ancient trees. For the Nothings presence dwarfed in the presence of this black hole. As if the Nothing was guarding it.

It grew into a dark void and retracted as an individual emerged from the black portal. The figure was tall over 50 ft in size, and strong with the head of a meech and the body of a Mudokon. Its demonic eyes surged with fire as it stood tall among the ancient forest. It looked to the north and howeled. Everything of existence around it disappeared.

"This is Oddworld filled with life. My pet the Nothing, you do wounders for your father!" as he laughed. "For I Red Falcon the devour of gods. Oblivion this existance shall be sent!"

Red Falcon emerged back through the portal as it got bigger and bigger. The forest were dieing and turning into burning remenants. Only Red Falcon the Devour of gods was one threat that nobody knew but Blarg for he was the keeper and has forseen it.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-25-2003 at 07:27 AM..
09-26-2003, 07:50 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

As soon as they went through the portal, thet saw Lammy, resting his head on a large book, and lying on the floor next to a mirror of great size. The mirror was embedded into the wall of rock. Dak huridly let them out, and they all ran towards him...

Ronan: Lammy?! Are you alright...

Saros: Oh my Odd! Is he okay...

Blarg: Is he hurt?

Geeble: I think he passed out from not eating, did he bring anything with him?

Saros: No, I don't think so... maybe a few little snacks... but nothing to live on for 9 days!

Lammy woke with a start...

Lammy: (drosily) Oh... hi guys... I haven't seen you..... long time...

Ronan: Lets give him something to eat... are you hungry? Are you hurt?

Lammy: (drosily) Ummm, yeah...

Saros: Which one!?!

Lammy: (drosily) Yes... hungry, no... i'm not hurt... just a few scraches...

So they sat him up, fed him, gave him water, and they all rested for a little while...the got up, and Lammy was still asleep...

Geeble: I wonder what happened to him? And what is his task I wonder...

Saros: Maybe he was attacked! And was dragged in here by the animal...

Blarg: No, that would have left marks... and he said that he wasn't hurt... it's not that...

Lammy: (yawning) That's my task...*Lammy points*

They all looked in the direction that Lammy was pointing...it was the mirror that they had hardly noticed...

Lammy: That is my task... This is what happened...

(FLASHBACK SEQUENCE)

Lammy teleported off the mountain, he was taken to a dark forest... he was lead by the light of what he thought was his orb... He followed it for 2 days, and it lead to the base of a mountain, and continued up the mountain... and as he got closer, he saw that there was a cave a short hike up... he kept following the light... and eventually it took him to the cave he had seen before... he walked to the mirror...

Lammy:What a wierd place for a mirror...
And then the entrance to the cave closed behind him! A being appered in front of him...

Being: This is your task... *points at the mirror*

Lammy stared at it in disbelief...

Lammy: How can this be it! That's easy! How's it work...do I break it?

Being: No... you must look at yourself in the mirror... and see yourself worthy to recieve it... after you do this... the mirror opens, and you must then follow the path behind it...

The Being then dissapeared... the Lammy walked towards the mirror and stood in front of it...he stood there, thinking, trying to open the passage... but he couldn't...

Later... about 3 days since he walked into the mouth of the cave... the raisin came to see him, and gave him his next Book of Shrykul...

(END OF FLASHBACK)

Lammy: And i've been here even since...

Saros: Why can't you see yourself worthy? Your worthy!

Geeble: Could you do it Saros? I don't think anyone on this earth could do it... exept you Lammy...

Blarg: Lammy... you were Abe! You saved the mudokon race! IF anyone of us deserves an orb, it's you!

Ronan: They're right Lammy... you deserve it... we need you to do it! The fate of the world depends on you...

Lammy: Alright, i'll try...

Lammy stood in front of the mirror... he was thinking of Abe's life... how incredible he was... he didn't even think of them as the same person... we was trying so hard... he stood there for a long time...

Geeble: Focus... you can do it... there's no presure... take your time...

Geeble stepped infront of the mirror behind Lammy, as a way to show his support...

Saros: Lammy, your one of my best friends... I trust you with my life...

Saros did the same as Geeble, and put his ALL NEW hands on his shoulder...

Ronan: Lammy, if someone set these tests up, they wouldn't give you something you couldn't do...

Ronan stood behind Lammy and Saros, and gave Lammy the thumbs up...

Blarg: All my feelings on this matter have already been spoken by the others... I trust you, you can do it, you are an important member of this group... we need you...

Blarg stood behind the rest of them, on Geeble's side...

Lammy: (almost crying) Whoa... I didn't know you guys trusted me so much... don't you worry guys, I'm gonna do this...

Lammy looked at all his friends behind him, inside he felt so happy and so lucky to have great friends like these... he looked at the mirror, and it exploded into a million pieces... everyone yelled in fear, and jumped to the floor... but the pieces didn't fly all over the place... they hung infront of the door... then they looked as if they melted and formed...

Blarg: The mask of Halion...

Geeble: I thought it was distroyed... lost forever...

Lammy: What is it?

Saros: I've never heard of it... but it sounds very familiar...

Ronan: I have...

Blarg: It was one of the mudokon shamans that was in Monsiac Lines in Abe's time...

Geeble: It is said to have the power to see things that are unseen...

Ronan: I also heard that the person who wears it must take it to the mountain of...

Saros: Galathon... so that's where I've heard that name before...

Lammy: And they have to do a ritual to use it's power... I remember now, it was talked about in the Book of Shrykul... the first one, I mean...

Saros: Well, that's where we're headin' next... so you'll get the chance then...

Lammy: Why? What's there that's important to the Gathering?

Geeble: We'll tell you while we walk down the passageway...

The started down the passageway... the light from Geeble's staff illuminated the path... and they told him of the recent happenings...

Lammy: Whoa... Blarg... how long have you been with that... other orb?

Blarg: A long time... I can't remember ever not having it...

Lammy: Well, as soon as this horribly long passageway is over and I get my orb, we'll get yours!

All of the sudden...the Being from the FLASHBACK SEQUENCE appeared...

Being: Hello Lammy... I knew you would make it...

Lammy: Not without them...*points to friends*

Being: Yes, it was forseen that you would need your friends before the end... just look at the walls of this passage...

They all looked... and they saw the coming of Lammy to the cave... the rest of the Gathering coming... the forming of the mask, and them walking down the tunnel... but after that... the rest was blank...

Lammy: What has happened to the rest of it?

Being: It is being written as you go... it is uncertain, untill you continue with your quest to find your orb... keep walking down this way, intil you see a light... DO NOT FOLLOW IT! Turn the opposite direction...

And the Being dissapeared with a flash.

Lammy: Okay, now lets continue...

They soon found the light that the Being had spoken of... the light was so tempting to follow, but the took the passage on the other side... the kept going, intil they walked into a huge room, with no ceiling, they all looked up at the night sky... the saw a yellow star that seemed to be moving...closer and closer... until it got close enough to see that it was Lammy's orb! It was soon right next to Lammy...

Lammy's Orb: Hello Lammy, i'm Renon... i'm your orb!

Lammy: Cool!

So, they all stayed there for the night, they let Renon meet Dak, Foob, and Buki... they allready new each other, but none of the others new why...

The next day, they followed the rest of the path to get out of the mountain, and started to get ready to go to GALATHON!

09-26-2003, 09:54 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

While the Gathering were headed for Galathon something came over Blarg. For he has never felt an uncertainty and pain like this before.

"STOP!" yelled Blarg breathing hard. He closed his eyes and in a flash in his mind he saw the face of a being laughing at him.

"Whats wrong Blarg?" yelled Saros.

"I don't know. (breathing) I felt something evil trying to contact me! I havent felt...this sort of pain in eons since the days I was spirit a drift in the Universe before Oddworld. We must leave this place quickly. The shadow people are near they will lead the Nothing to us. Galathons speaks through me. Galathon brought me to you by fighting the false orb of my life. It managed to be successful. But this evil I sence is unlike anything I have ever felt before." explaned Blarg.

"We will just teleport." said Geeble

"No... no teleporting Ive realised the shadow people are attracted by the energy we leave behind when we teleport. we have to do this the old fashond way. I speak the truth to the orbs they agree."

"They are following us!" said Blarg with his eyes wide open.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-26-2003 at 01:59 PM..
09-27-2003, 08:34 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Saros: That that means that we can't use our orbs either!

Geeble: This is rediculous! Even if we don't teleport, the energy signature from our orbs will lead them straight to us! What are we going to do?

Blarg: We should walk! It's easier that way, longer yes, but it doesn't use our powers up, who knows what things live in Galathon....

Saros: I get what your trying to say Blarg, but teleporting would be easier... they can catch us easier if we walk, it'll be better to teleport.

Lammy: Well, either way, it'll create the same amount of energy if we all teleport... and if we combind our orbs... so... what should we do?

Ronan: Lets have a vote...

Lammy: I think we should teleport... sorry Blarg.

Blarg: Okay, anyone else want to teleport?

Saros: Well, I think we should teleport... and then combind our orbs... They'll be farther behind us then... and we'll be able to get out of there before they get to us.

(ooc: Everyone has to vote, nobody can vote for anyone else...)

Last edited by GrigtheSlig; 09-27-2003 at 12:41 PM..
09-27-2003, 09:04 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Geeble: I would rather walk. Teleporting is too risky right now. If we were attacked during a teleport, our molecules would be scattered all over the place, which isn't a risk I'm very willing to take. I'm going to take the enemy's chance of killing me and lessen it as much as I can. This is why I choose to walk. Now, we should be moving along, but we are haulted over a disagreement. If we are going to save OW, we can never let this happen again.

-oddguy

09-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Ronan: I ... don't know what to think. Our teleportation time lasts all of five seconds, and so our molecules have only a one in ... a jillion chance of being attacked.
But ... the energy left behind would leave a very followable trail ... so I vote ... we walk. I completely agree with Geeble--we cannot risk being followed.

(ooc: now I think blarg is the only vote left ... the tie breaker!--drumroll, please)

09-28-2003, 11:34 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Blarg felt fustraited with his friends.

"Why do we take our Orbs for granted? I shall build ourselves a raft so that we may leave this land for the land of Galathon. If you must follow me then do so. But if you must teleport then I strongly advise you not. The shadow people follow us and are near. They are the spies of the Nothing. If we teleport they will notify the Nothing of our presence between reality where we are volnerable.

I will cross the sea if I must in order to find my Orb. All my life I have been decieved and looked down upon by the false Orb. But Galathan fought it over the years which brought me to you. And you have found your sacred Orbs which one day will transform you into the individual gods you are.

The quest of becomming a god is harder than you think. The power we withhold is within us. The Orbs encourage such power. We have to understand that. If I must venture into the unknown parts of Oddworld into the land of Galathon alone then I shall because it is the will of The Gathering.

I am truely scared of whats to come and I need you for this task at hand. Yes even I get scared so the choice is yours." explaned Blarg.

As Blarg turned his back to the sea.

09-28-2003, 08:18 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

After much deep thinking (well, it wasn't much deep thinking), Ronan spoke.

Ronan: I'm in.

General blubbering.

Lammy: But ... dude! Even Blarg is scared! What on Oddworld makes you think you can handle it?!

Ronan: Oh, please. You think I am not prepared? I've been doing a bit of thinking, and I learned of a way to defend ourselves. Well, for now it's myself, but you guys can soon remedy this.

Geeble: What are you talking about?

Ronan: The Weapon's of Darkon! Have you all completely forgotten?

Lammy: What? Weapons?

Ronan remembered that Lammy knew nothing else of our new Weaponry. After quickly filling him in (and enlightening him with his Sword of Darkon skills), Ronan continued.

Ronan: Each of us is supposed to craft our own basic weapons--like my slingshot. If I am right ... We can charge them once we have combined the powers of our orbs! They will then become the Weapons of Darkon!

Blarg: Very nice, Ronan! But there is just one, tiny, insignificant problem. WE DON'T HAVE ALL THE ORBS! We are missing Galathon!

General upset.

Ronan: True. But we can still begin our charge. The one thing your orb will do for us is make them unbreakable. Buki makes them easily useable--for the powers of good--and impossible to use for the forces of evil. Dak will make it so they will never be lost by the owners. Foob will ensure that there will be unlimited power behind them. Renon give projectile abilities to each--the sword, axe, and scimitar can fire beams of energy (OOC: know the legend of zelda? it's like that), and the spoocebow and slingshot will have no limit on shots. So ...

Saros: Wait! You mean that if we make bows and swords, then we can already start to enchant them?

Ronan: Yeah ... yes. Definately. I'll show you with my slingshot. Would you call up your orbs?

And so they were summoned: Renon, Buki, Dak, and Foob. Ronan drew his slingshot, made from a simple scrab jaw.

Ronan: Orbs of the Gathering! Deliver your Power unto this Weapon!

The orbs spoke as one. Their usual personality was gone: they sounded dreadfully serious.

Orbs: So you command, so it shall be.

Blue, orange, red, and green flashes came from the orbs, which circled around Ronan, who held his slingshot high above him. The flashes struck the shot, and it began to waver and tremble.
Then ...
There was a loud and terrifyingly silent explosion of white light. When the light cleared, I held an excellently carved weapon that only vaguely resembled a slingshot. There was a harness-like apparatus attached to the handle, so as to hold it onto Ronan's arm. The harness had markings much like the scars of the Paramites and Scrabs. Two black spokes rose from the handle, and were carved with swirls. A small halo of blue light hovered in between the spokes, and Ronan knew that this was the source of unlimited shooting.

The others gaped.

Blarg: ... whoa. Even I didn't see that coming.

General agreement.

Lammy: So how do we make our weapons?

Ronan: As of now, I am afraid only Saros can make his weapon. The blades for your sword, axe, and scimitar must be found on the continent of ... WHOA! It's Mudos! We need to go back there to find your blades .... But you can make the hilts now if you so desire. I suggest using animal bones.

That was that--everyone scrambled to find tools and material to creat their weapons.

(ooc: this is the part where you guys tell how you get your weapons)

09-28-2003, 09:21 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Blarg was going to Galathon to obtain his orb, but when he reached the beach he stopped dead in his tracks. Geeble had followed him.

Geeble: You know you can't find your orb without ours. This is why me must stick together. The enemy is trying to split us apart and make us angry at one another.

Blarg: I know, but it is just so frustrating. I thought I was special...I created OW didn't I? I mean, that's what--

Geeble finished Blargs sentance: --that's what your old orb told you.

Blarg nodded.

Geeble: You are special Blarg, but you can't do all this alone, just as we can't go on without you. We are all in this together. Your orb made you believe that you were the best and that you made OW all by yourself and things like that. I think the enemy did this on purpose to split us up. They knew that when you found out it wasn't just you that created OW, you would get upset and leave. You can't go...we have to stay together.

Blarg: What do you mean? I did create OW!

Geeble: You created a part of OW. We all made OW together. You, my friend, created Mudos. That is why your orb kept telling you Mudos was destroyed, because once you become a god, you will be able to claim Mudos as your rightful throne and be all powerful. Mudos is still alive and a very key part of the evil's plan.

Blarg: Yes, that is true. This is all begining to make sense now. So you are saying that each member of the gathering created their own continents?

Geeble: Yes. Once we all have our weapons and orbs joined together, we will be on the road to become gods. After we become gods and sit on all our thrones, all the continents of OW will join together and be as one. It will be called Mudoma, because in the beginning, OW had one major continent and it was Mudoma. Over the years, the evil grew more powerful and split Mudoma. It is our destiny to bring it together again and destroy the evil once and for all.

Blarg: I am truly sorry Geeble. For doubting the gathering. You have opened my eyes. I now know that we are one and together we will restore Mudos to its' original glory...conected to Mudoma!

Blarg and Geeble hugged, and then returned to the others to craft their weapons and then move on to Galathon.

-oddguy

09-29-2003, 03:27 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

While they were doing this everyone was cerious in Blargs back story.

"Blarg what was your story about?" asked Geeble.

"If you really want to know. I will tell you. Years ago many many years ago I was found by Abe himself in a crevas in Scrabania. When I was discovered I was taken to the elders of his tribe and none of them could figure me out. So we decided to speak to the Raison and already then I had great powers that astonished everyone even the Vykkers. Now at the time I wasn't aware of it but I do remember becomming into the being you know of now. I use to talk like this "I Blarg who am me?" I was primative. The Vykkers knew of my great potential to serve the once Magog Cartel so they kidnapped me. They were going to make a weapon out of me so that those whome oppose will be brought to their knees with my vast powers. That is how I learned of my connection with the planet. Are any of you aware that if we all die Oddworld dies. Like me you all are connected to the planet in your own way. And that is when the false orb came into my life. I knew I had an Orb in the primative days of prehistoric Oddworld but I lost it and over the years as I became primative myself I ran into the false Orb and thus Ive been on many adventures and met so many friends along the way and now I am here on the verge of figuring myself out and I am truely amazed.

And now I am here knowing finnally that I am a god and you are the same kind of god such as I. We are the creaters of Oddworld." explained Blarg

09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Meanwhile on what was left of Mudos a vast army of shadow people and Odd monsters was forming. Mudos was nothing more than a barren landscape of burnt trees from the once prosperous forests that once habited these lands. Even Paramonia was destroyed. Nothing exist but the land was there and Mudos did not disappear only its life. For the evil of Red Falcon has settled on the remenants of Mudos. And the armies of destruction form. The remaining inhabitants of Mudos setteled in the deep halls of the Mosiac Lines prepairing for battle. Glukkons, sligs Vykkers, Interns all inhabitants settled in the Mosiac Lines which wasn't effected by the Nothing. For the remaining Inhabitants were prepairing for battle and learning of the gathering of the gods of the creation of Oddworld and the Orbs of power.

Still the gathering did not know this was happening and Blarg knew of Red Falcon's envolvement in this for he has forseen it. But still conflicted to tell the rest Blarg knew if he did, there would be a great cost for the word will be out. The False Orb as its last stand on Blarg gave him this curse that he is fighting desperately to releave. Only through Blargs Orb of Galathon he will releave this curse inwhich the False orb of his life gave.

Blarg found himself lieing on an alter as shadow figures circled him and candles surrounded him. Only then he realised this was his nightmare creeping up to him. He couldn't escape as he went crazy. The echo of his voice in pain cried out through the catacombs as the curse consumed him.

(Blargs Echo in pain as he lies on the alter)"Muahhh! Uahhhhhhho Muahhhhhh Ohhhhhh ohohoh No no no no no! Blarg sat up and his hands covered his face in sweat.
And in front of him the dark orb hovered. He stared at it rather ghostly and Blarg started to laugh with an evil purpose in mind.

"Heh....... heh!" Blarg looked beyond the Orb of darkness and what appeared was a barren land dotted by volcanos and the face of Red Falcon appeared through the skies.

Suddenly Blarg Awoke from his nightmare surrounded by his friends in camp. He was sweating and breathing hard.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-29-2003 at 03:24 AM..
09-29-2003, 11:28 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

The next day, the gathering set out on the open sea traveling to Galathon. As they left the bay, it was time to join the four orbs as one, so they could lead the way to Galathon, for no one knew where it lied.

Geeble raised his staff high into the air and began speaking a language the others did not understand, but the orbs did. It was some incantation of some kind. Then, in a flash of light, the orbs all joined together in Geeble's staff. It shinned a a bright white. Geeble then dipped the orb end of his staff into the water and a bright line emanated from the staff in a line headed towards the horizon.

Geeble: Looks like we follow that path.

09-29-2003, 02:09 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

They all walked through the path that Geeble and the orbs had made... it was completly dry! Not one sign of water on the ocean floor... Saros was walking, and at the same time, he was working on his weppon... trying to make a bow... but he couldn't do it... he wasn't very talented when it came to making things...

Saros: Oh well, i'll make it later...

And he tossed the failed attempt of a bow on the ocean floor... They continued on and a few hours later, they made it to the other side... As soon as they had stepped out of the water, it closed behind them with a huge splash... they all sat down, for a while.

Geeble: It is time for someone else to be led by the orbs, their power is too great all together to be let by them the whole time... my body would eventually be ripped to pieces by their energy...

Ronan: I will lead the orbs... or, they can lead me!

Lammy: Will the shoadow-men be coming any time soon?

Blarg: I think we should be able to rest as long as we want... the shadow-men would be able to follow us here! At least for now...

Saros: Good, then I think i'm going to take a nap...

Saros laid on the sand, and fell asleep as soon as his eyes had closed...

Saros was watching Lammy and Ronan begin to make his bow... Saros stood by and gave instrutions as to what he thought it would look like... he heard a loud voice, almos like the raisin, but it sounded different... maybe younger... he saw a form of the raisin appear before him

Raisin: Hello Saros, it's nice to see you...

Saros: Hi...

Raisin: The reason i'm here, is to instruct you on how your bow is to be made, all of your weppons actually(except for Ronan's), so take this message back to the rest...

Saros: Okay... I can do that...

Raisin: Have you noticed that Geeble's orb fits perfectly inside his staff?

Saros: Yeah...

Raisin: Well, Geeble's staff is just a part of his weppon of Darkon...

Saros: OH! So you want us to make little spaces for our orbs to go in our weppons, right?

Raisin: Yes, and I also came to tell you, that your babies are doing great... I have visited them myself, and they are wanting to see you...

Saros: I will talk to the soon...

Raisin: Okay, good luck on your quest, may the mountains of Galathon bless you...

And he dissapeared...

Saros woke with a start... he was still sleeping on the beach... everyone else was up, and packing everything...

Saors: Guys, guys, I have to tell you...

So he told them of what he wad learned...

Ronan: So, the orbs should be able to fit right here? *points to area on sligshot* I've always wondered why I put that there...

Saros: So, will you guys help me make my bow? In my dream you were helping me, will you help me now?

Lammy: Sure!

Ronan: Yeah, definatally...

So they began to make Saros's bow...

Meanwhile, back on the other side of the ocean...

The shadow-men had found the bow that Saros was trying to make... it had washed up on shore...

They were enhancing what Saros had done with the bow... and they took it to their shamens, and they were chanting over it... they slowly made it better and better, until it looked exactly like Saros's bow would look like after Lammy and Ronan were done with it... They brought it to a tent, and they walked in the tent with it...

Back to the other side of the beach...

Lammy and Ronan had just finished Saros's bow, he held it in his hands, it was just as he'd seen in his dreams...

Saros: It's perfect! Thanx guys!

Lammy: No prob!

Ronan: It was actually fun! It's been years since I made my slingshot!

Geeble: Fantastic job, both of you, it is very...

Right at that moment, they heard echoing screams, loud and painful... they all looked in the direction of where it came from...

Geeble: What was that!

Lammy: I don't know, but we should be moving... we've lingered here too long...

So they quickly grabbed their things... Ronan was the leader, but he was being lead by the Orbs...

Ronan: The orbs are telling me to shoot something... okay then!

So he shot once, it flew straight and then took a sharp turn... it left behind a trail of their colors that they could only see... it lead into the forest, they were running to keep up with it... finally, they saw a bright glow... it was the rock that Ronan had shot... it hovered right next to the entrance of something... it looked as though it was a maze!

Saros: Oh great!

09-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

Ronan: Whoo! A maze! I've always loved mazes.

Saros shuddered.

Saros: Ugh. I absolutely hate them.

Lammy: Oh, they're so easy to go through. Just put a hand along one wall and follow it along the hall. Sure, it'll take a while, but we'll be through.

Ronan: No ... I think that it will be a bit easier. Hang on.

Ronan picked up a stick and drew a very elaborate maze in the sand.
The others looked at it, awestruck.

Lammy: HOW in the name of ODD did you make that so fast?

Geeble: I must sdmit, that is a decent maze.

Blarg: But why is there a gaping hole near the center?

Ronan: Ooh ... you won't like this. There is some kind of beast or monster there. I can't say what it is, but it will be no easy task to destroy it.

Lammy: Well, is there a way around it?

Ronan thought.

Ronan: Nope. We go right through.

Blarg: So what's our game plan?

Ronan: ... We go into the maze. There is nothing to be done for those screaming behind us. From what I can see, they are already dead. Slog chow. And whatever did it is coming for us! Let's hussle!

And we, therefore, scrambled into the maze. The stone opening sealed itself shut behind us.

Lammy: And now?

Ronan: And now we go straight ahead.

We wandered straight into the maze ....

Last edited by Dave; 09-29-2003 at 11:54 AM..
09-29-2003, 11:19 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

The gathering walked along, stopping at every fork and waiting for general agreement as to which path they would choose. Well, it wasn't long until they began flipping coins to decide which way to go and then finally they didn't care anymore; they just followed whoever seemed to be in the lead.
There was a roof on the maze, so our heroes didn't know what time it was, but they were tired and there was no sign of them getting anywhere.

Lammy: My feet are aching! We have to stop for the night.....err, whatever!

Geeble: No! Everyone, feel the wall.

They all touched the wall and noticed it was extremely hot.

Blarg: We're close to something.

Saros: I'm not ready to face something right now, but I know if we sleep, that something is going to get us in the night.

Ronan: We must continue.

Geeble began to lead the way, but something wasn't right to him. He took his staff in both hands and pounded the floor. The ground shook and the floor beneath them gave way and they began to fall into darkness. Well, seeing as Blarg and saros had wings, they both franticaly tried to grab hold of everyone. Blarg got a hold of Geeble by the leg, and Geeble locked hands with Ronan. Saros caught Lammy and now everyone was safe. Blarg and Saros flew their friends over to a ledge. Now that they weren't falling, they could see where they were. From the smell of burning lava, the gathering knew at once that they had fallen into a volcano.

Blarg: We have to get back to the top!

Just as Blarg said this, they all felt a rumbling and all looked up at the opening they had fallen from. In the distance, they could see a gigantic beast with a boulder. It was covering the top and sealing them inside the volcano!

-oddguy

09-30-2003, 06:21 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Saros: We're sealed in!

Blarg: I think we noticed...

Lammy: What's going on... where are we? My head really hurts...

Geeble: You probably got knocked out... We are now sealed in a volcano, with on visible way of escape... We're going to have to find a way though this volcano, but their is on place to walk... So Saros and Blarg are going to have to let the rest of us ride on their backs...

Ronan: Yeah, we can't ride in our orbs, they're being used... Someone better trade with me soon, being lead by the orbs makes you really tired...

Lammy: I'll take them...

Blarg: Okay, i'll take Geeble, Saros, you take Lammy and Ronan, their lighter that Geeble... No offence...
Geeble: Thanx...

So they began to look for an exit...

09-30-2003, 07:52 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

(ooc: I tried to post the maze but it wasn't working, so i'll skip it.)

Now flying through the maze, and clinging on for dear life, Ronan felt something terrible happen: his hand began to slip.

Saros: Don't let go! It's quite a drop!

Ronan: Oh, gee, I'll try--TURN LEFT!

Saros and Blarg didn't need to be told. The instantly swung left, avoiding a direct onslaught of fire from the beast in (what they soon realized) the central cavern of the maze Ronan had mapped out. This, unfortunately, loosened Ronan's grip even further, and he let go!

He fell towards the lava pit, mere yards below him.

It happened in an instant!

(ha haa! someone tell what happens next!)

ooc: note! i posted the original before grig's post: it was a map of the maze. but he posted as I changed mine.

oops.

Last edited by Dave; 09-30-2003 at 12:03 PM..
09-30-2003, 07:56 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

(ooc: So, where are we? I think we fell through it, and now were under it... maybe it's the same, except it's underground...)

10-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

(ooc: oookay ...)

As Ronan fell, a pillar of fire raised out from the lava benath him. It quickly cooled and became solid rock.

Ronan landed squarely on it, and was safe long enough for Saros to come down and pick him back up.

Saros: Jeez, Ronan! That was way too close!

Lammy: Yeah, dude. That was seriously uncool.

Blarg: Uhh, I think you can explain later. We have another issue!

They looked up and saw the beast overhead!

(okay... someone take a turn!)

10-02-2003, 09:43 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

The beast was dragon like in shape, with spikes all over its body that glowed bright green and big yellow wings. It swooped down and opened its mouth very wide. The gathering expected it to blow fire, but instead it began to suck like a vacuum!

Blarg: I'm going in!

Saros: What?!

Ronan: Don't be a big macho idiot!

Lammy: You'll get killed!

Blarg jumped high into the air and spread out his wings. The beast then sucked Blarg up and tried to chew on him, but Blarg shot fire into his mouth. The beast screamed in anger and Blarg jumped down his throat.

Saros, Lammy, Ronan and Geeble began to use their attacks on the outside while Blarg was inflicting pain inside.

Then the creature yelled...

Creature: I surrender! Please, stop! I surrender!

Blarg then sliced his way out of the creatures' cheak and hopped down with his friends.

Blarg: So, you surrender?

The whole gathering then spread out their hands, ready to attack.

The beats gulped.

Creature: Yes, I do! Don't hurt me anymore!

The gathering stood down and Geeble began to speak to his friends.

Geeble: *to the gathering* This is just a baby Warlum, but still very dangerous. It is very stupid, but loyal at the same time and easily swayed. If we brought it to our side, it would be a powerful ali.

Geeble then stretched forth his staff and healed the baby Warlums' wounds.

Geeble: *to the baby Warlum* We are indeed sorry for hurting you, but we had very little choice left when you trapped us here.

Baby Warlum: I'm sorry. I just wanted to play.

Geeble: We can play. We have a very fun game that I'm sure you will enjoy.

Baby Warlum: Really?

Saros joined in.

Saros: Yes, it's called "The quest for Galathon" and it is very fun. All you have to do is take us to Galathon and kill all the shadow men on the way!

Baby Warlum: Oooooh! That sounds like fun! Shadow men are very tasty! We can leave right now! You guys can sit between my spikes. Even though my spikes are rough, my skin is very soft and perfect for travel. My father used to be paid for transporting soldiers in the old war, so I know how to do this.

The baby Warlum then took a deep breath and its spikes lowered into his skin with five spikes left for hand holds.

Ronan: Whooo! I want shotgun!

-oddguy

10-03-2003, 01:56 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

The Gathering got onto the friendly beast known as the Warlum as it took flight and shot its way out of the Volcano and though the maze into the sky of evening. The Warlum circled the Volcano as now they were out of the underground and headed out to sea. Blarg looked on.

"Its a beautiful sunset my Warlum friend."

"Indeed my strange creature you are?"

"I am Blarg destined god of Mudos. And we are the creaters of Oddworld. I seek my orb of power of Galathon for the threat of evil enforces its will upon the inhabitants." explaned Blarg

"Blarg there is something you need to know." said the Warlum child. "I was sent by the will of Galathon for the Gathering. Your orb sent me. Since you cannot use the powers of your orbs yet I shall be your transport." explaned the Warlum child. "Everybody listen to me when Blarg recieves his orb of power you will then be able to use your orbs once again. Only through Galathon you will be protected between reality or teleportation. It is because Blarg is known as the keeper he watchesover the safty of every inhabitant. Through his orb the Orbs will be complete and together again."

"Warlum when I find my orb we must return to Mudos." said Blarg.

But the Warlum knew what happen upon Mudos. For he too was reluctant to tell the Gathering this as they flew off into the sunset of the dark stormy regions of Galathon. It then spoke to Blarg telepathicathally.

"I know your curse Blarg. I saw the False orb give it to you as its last stand. If you tell of the existance of Red Falcon your friends and the rest of Oddworld will be sent into oblivion."

"If I don't tell them we will be sent anyway!" replied Blarg

"You know the Gathering will be broken. You have forseen it. It is your curse!" said the warlum

"The Gathering will know soon enough, when I recieve my Orb and bring the Nothing to its knees! Red Falcon will fall!" said Blarg telepathically.

"I hope so Blarg I truely hope you are right!" said the Warlum telepathiacally as they went flying off.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 10-02-2003 at 06:07 PM..
10-11-2003, 06:37 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Saros sat in the farthest seat on the walrum, he didn't feel like being talked to at the moment... he felt... somehow sepparated from the group. He saw Ronan and Lammy having a entertaining conversation together, and he despised them... not only for leaving him out, but also because they didn't care why Saros was all by himself. Saros wanted to be alone, but at the same time, he also wanted to be noticed. He felt himself slipping, slowly slipping into his orb.

Dak: Yeeeessss?

Saros: Why do I feel this way?

Dak: Because, you feel that they don't trust you, and you don't even trust yourself... How can you save Oddworld with that bad attitude? Don't despair now, your too close to acheaving your goal of getting to Galathon... and then, who knows what's next...

Saros: I want to know whats next! Why does Blarg have to be the one who gives us this info!? He was the one who had been poluted by his little orb for all these years, but he still thinks that he has a right to lead! I think that nobody should be in charge... that we should all be in this together... not anyone better than anyone else... I'm tired of being bossed around!

Dak: I don't think that anyone is... your just a little upset right now...

Saros: A LITTLE UPSET! I want to leave the Gathering! I want to be with my kids. And if I do stay with the Gathering, by the time I get back to them, they wouldn't even recognize me! I am going through powerful transformations here, and it's slowly killing me!

Dak: I know, I can feel your thought pouring into me like a broken dam... I think you broke the barrier, now we can share thoughts!

Saros: I DON'T CARE! I want to leave!

Dak: Maybe you should disscuss this with the others...

Saros: Blarg would make a big deal about me endangering the Gathering, and the world... but I don't care about the world! I want to be with my kids!

Dak: IF YOU DON'T SAVE THE WORLD, THEIR WILL BE NO PLACE TO BE WITH YOUR KIDS, THEY WOULD DIE, AND SO WOULD YOU! Do you want that?

Saros: ... No... I...just need some space... maybe i'll visit the raisin... he always knows what to do...

Dak: The Gathering needs me and you... I can't leave you, so you can't leave me... sorry to dissapoint you, but your stuck with me, and I intend to save the world.

Saros: Your right... i'll follow this thing through to the very end, even if it means death. But I have to see my kids after we get to Galathon. Just for a short while...

Dak: Fine. Maybe we could all come! All of the Gathering I mean... I know they would love to see you with your kids.

Saros: Okay.

Saros lept from his orb, feeling a bit better, but not too much. They were still flying over the ocean, but now a huge mountain could be seen, nothing below it, as if ODD had placed it there himself...

Baby Walrum: That's Galathon, we'll be getting there soon.

Geeble: Fantastic! I didn't expect to get here so soon...

Baby Walrum: We walrums have some magic left in us from the old days... not too muchy, but enough to slow down time and speed us up... it only took us 4 hours in your time... so you have made great progress...

Ronan: Great, it hasn't even seemed that long! We'll be getting Blarg's orb quicker than you can say... Galathon!

Ronan patted Blarg on the back.

Saros was looking at the passing water as the walrum flew over... it looked so odd... he was trying to get a closer look, when the walrum made a sharp right turn, and Saros was thrown off the beasts back... He was falling, going slower than usual, that was wierd too, he felt as though he were falling through rubber, sliding through it slowly, but still the feeling of falling was present. In a way, he liked the feeling. But if it wasn't life threttening, he would have enjoyed it completly. He then realized that he had wings... he hadn't used them too much, and they were sometimes unnoticable... He spread them out, slowly glided for a while, beat his wings very hard, and then was caugt by the walrum, after what had seemed like an eternity. he group huddled around him...

Geeble: What happened?

Saros: I don't know... why was everything so slow?

Baby Walrum: Ummm, that was my magic...

Ronan: Good job then...

Lammy: Are you hurt?

Saros: NOt really, I was...

Blarg: Ahhh, don't worry about Saros, he's tough.

Saros was about to yell at Blarg for not caring about him, but was interupted but the walrum...

Baby Walrum: We're here! Galathon! I've always wanted to come here!

They all got off the walrum, and began to look around for a visble trail.

10-11-2003, 07:30 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Galathon was just a big mountain in the middle of the ocean. There was no beach, so it was tough finding a place to land. The trees were immensely sized.....almost as if giants had lived in them. The baby Warlum landed on a tree and began to slide down. The trees were so large and tall, that it was dark at the bottom of the forest. So dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your own face, even with the orbs glow. It was pitch black and nobody could navigate through it, except Saros.

Blarg: I'm affraid I can't find my way through this. How can I find my orb if I can't see it.

Saros: I will go and find Galathon. I don't have eyes, so the darkness doesn't effect me.

Geeble: Yes, that's right. Meeches are amazing creatures. They don't have eyes to see, but they do see with their minds.

Lammy: Maybe this is a trap. I mean, sending Saros all alone. What if something happens to him? What if something happens to us?!

Saros: I could be your guide, but I imagine you guys would easily get lost.

Geeble: We will all go with Saros. Just clear your mind and follow his every instruction and we will be safe. Warlum can stay here.

So the gathering began to hike up the mountain, the orbs leading Saros, and Saros leading the gathering. All was well. They traveled on for days successfully, but then something happened. They woke up the fifth morning and could not find Blarg.

-oddguy

Last edited by oddguy; 10-11-2003 at 02:17 PM..
10-11-2003, 08:28 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

They looked everywhere but could not find him. Then suddenly they stumbled upon a frightening sight. Two engraved letters covered in blood wrapped around a tree. The letters RF seemed to haunt every member of the Gathering. The scene was dead. One by one each member started to feel what Blarg was feeling but they could not understand this wierd feeling.

Meanwhile Blarg was being approached by the presence of Red Falcon. The voice filled his mind. For in that Morning Blarg decided to go off and find his Orb but the curse has gotten stronger.

10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Saros: "RF"? What's that mean? And where is Blarg?

Geeble: Well, I think that Blarg went out on his own to find his orb, either that or he was possessed to do such, because that was one of the dumbest things that he could have done. Maybe he met this "RF" thing, and was taken...

Lammy: Well, he's not dead, we'd be able to feel it if he were. Maybe this "RF" thing is holding him hostage...

Ronan: "RF"... it sounds familiar. Hmmm...

Saros: Well, at least he's not dead... for the moment, anyway. We're can't go look for him, because I think it's a trap. And we can't spit up to look for him anyway, your eyes aren't adjusted...

Ronan suddenly remembered something... he ran over to his personal book of shrykul, and opened it... he exploded into a million pieces, and then he was returned to his normal self.

Ronan: "RF" stands for "Red Falcon", a hell god of one of the lowest realms of the Demon dimetions. He has been summoned here for a reason... most likely to destroy the Gathering...

Saros: Well, tell him that there is a line, and that he'll have to wait.

Lammy: Red Falcon... What a dumb name!

Geeble: Oh yes... Red Falcon.

Ronan: What else is up with him? I can't remember all of what was said about him... that book is full of too much info to take in at a time... but I got some cool stuff about Galathon that i'll tell you all later.

Geeble: He wasn't always bad... not not completly good either... he was a child when I first saw him... his mother and father had been praying for a child, they had tried for one over and over and over...

Saros: Thank you Geeble, too much info...

Geeble: Anyway, a hell god told them a ritual to have a boy child, but that when the time came, he would have to take the child away... to the underworld... stupidly they agreed, but when it wass time to take the child away, they refused. They died trying to keep their child. Now Red Falcon is learned in the Dark Arts of Magic... and he is one of the strongest evils in the galaxy... But rumor of his death had spread like fire through a very dry forest, so I did not see the danger of him trying to kill us all.

Lammy: So, where do you think he took Blarg then?

Saros: To the Underworld... isn't it obvious?

Ronan: So, how do we get him back then?

Saros: Someone is going to have to journey to the dimension where Red Falcon is... find Blarg, and teleport outta there!

Lammy: What about trying to kill Red Falcon, is that an option?

Geeble: Well, we coudln't kill him in his own home... he is too powerful there... but maybe if we lurred him to Galathon,where our power is strongest, we could destroy him there. At the top of the mountain... that's where we are strongest.

Saros: Blarg has to be found first, so I'm going to teleport to this hell place, and get Blarg... I want you to go to the top of the mountain and wait for me there...

Lammy: You better hurry, we wont be able to live up there for very long without water...

Ronan: I know, this place is so hot!

Geeble: If we really need to, we can summon water...

Saros: Okay, I'll see you guys later... Dak, lets go!

Dak and Saros teleported with a bright green flash, and were gone.