Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

: Apr 2005
: WYYYARRGwop...Sounds fun, huh?
: 1,625
Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Well, whatever the reason, it's dispicable what the bastards did to those animals.
Keep 'em behind bars forever, or give the head of the agency the death penalty! Whatever to stop the bi***es from doin' such cruel machinations!

My arts page...check it out XP

My main page ^^

02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

I will not comment on anyone's post but say this.
Humans are a flawed creation. They do nothing to other animals, both mentally and phsically. And ask yourself; why should the human race continue existing?

02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

Years ago, my Mum and about 100 other members of greenpeace in the UK, wrote a letter to some facility who tested on Animals. After reading all these letters they stopped testing on animals and are now a "Humane" company. My Mum now gets free access to that country whenever she wan't because of what she helped do for their scientists.

I need to finish quickly before the battery on my Laptop runs out.

02-17-2006, 06:17 AM
Dancing Steef
Clakker Relic Miner

: Mar 2005
: Sweden
: 843
Dancing Steef  (10)

What...how can ya do something to some small n' innocent animals like that? I jus' LOVE animals, even if some of them might look a bit terrifying... I can't look at that unless I'm crying Stop those who dare being voilent against animals

~DS~

02-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Yeah, like I said, humans are horrible speices. We are those customers of glukkons. Oddworld is an world that isn't any different from ours. But that doesn't mean we cannot change. We can only hope.

02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
Paramite Mask
Thudslug

: Feb 2006
: Arroyo Grande, California
: 150
Paramite Mask  (10)

..This is........terrible. I hate the scientists who do this to animals.. This is sick and evil and sad all around. They torture animals like savages would to a human being. I feel sorry for the animals that were experimented in the cruel name of vivisection. This is terrible, and I wish I could help.. They just put tears of sadness into my eyes........... Awful..... I hate those who do this. I HATE them... It makes me cry. I'm so upset by this.

Last edited by Paramite Mask; 02-17-2006 at 02:36 PM..
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

We also torcure each other too, you know. We have war and we have bullies that step on each other. But noooo. We care more about the animals than ourselves. At this rate, we will all get killed. The animals we torcure, we are afraid of them. This torcure is just the beginning in the future of war with all humans.

02-18-2006, 04:01 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

Slaveless, the human race ain't all so bad.
Yes, the bastards that did this deserved to be severely punished.
But think of it.
The humans have done so many things to the world, good and bad, and we're still on that path.
We're living today because...I guess, if you can say it as a religious term...God wanted us to live.
And we care about animals 'cause, believe it or not, they're just like humans. They think as if they're just like us, but physically, they're not. And plus, they have a right to be free as well.

My main page ^^

02-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)
Native

I understand what you are rying to point out. And I agree. But I'm only complaining because I can't see a lot of things humans did that weren't resoulations to their own problems or did anything postive to planet Earth. But maybe, just maybe, we will do something that would save the Earth from destruction. Maybe that 2036 asteriod would be our prove to all that we coud do something postive. God only knows when we won't have anger, greed, and selfishness. Who knows. Maybe theres an animal that can show the errors of our ways. Well, I think some day, there could be a world of peace.

Until then, we should not discover any alien spieces. I'm afraid they will kill us if we go to war with them. Or, an aleterate problem, we will endanger them. We need to solve our own problems and save our inhabiants before we find any creatures outside our world.

02-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

:
Until then, we should not discover any alien spieces. I'm afraid they will kill us if we go to war with them. Or, an aleterate problem, we will endanger them. We need to solve our own problems and save our inhabiants before we find any creatures outside our world.
Why not?
that'd make us prove that we were right 'bout things.
Sure, some things shouldn't be the way things are, and people shouldn't start on things that will make things the way they are.
People have done stupid things, have you not?
But we're just proving ourselves, as humans, that we can do anything, if we try.
If we don't try, then we're wasting our synergy.
Get it?

My main page ^^

02-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Yes. Yes I do. But I'm afraid that we are the only spieces trying to prove something. Maybe there are other animals trying to prove they can surive. We on the other hand, have to prove that we are the guardains of Earth and can make our race and others surive. That's the only thing we have to prove.

02-20-2006, 01:44 AM
Fuzzleman54321
Rabid Fuzzle

: Feb 2005
: Here and there.....Everywhere!
: 545
Fuzzleman54321  (10)

Can someone please make this an Sticky? This could be the Animal Testing Thread.

I'm back because there is news! wooh movie!

02-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

:
Yes. Yes I do. But I'm afraid that we are the only spieces trying to prove something. Maybe there are other animals trying to prove they can surive. We on the other hand, have to prove that we are the guardains of Earth and can make our race and others surive. That's the only thing we have to prove.
Animals are trying to survive, slaveless.
Why d'you think they're more unique than humans!?
And as for us, we're animals, too. Just more smarter.
See, I don't get this.
If some people are helpin' animals to survive, why are they killing them instead? Sure. I can understand the fact of test subjects, only if it's safe, like shampoo testing, or medicines. (I'd say use mice, and at the largest, guinea pigs)

My main page ^^

02-20-2006, 06:38 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

:
Animals are trying to survive, slaveless.
Why d'you think they're more unique than humans!?
And as for us, we're animals, too. Just more smarter.
Didn't I say that?

I think they are unique because humans cannot help themselves in a battle normally without their handy dandy tools. We just have aternalen. And excuse me?!? We're smarter then them?! We just have a over devoleped brain for crying out loud!! We just know how to use our resourses! Humans cannot tell when a fish has scraped its tail 20 meters away! We can't tell when earthquakes are going to happen! Most humans during a tsumai will take pictures instead of following their cat! What makes you think we are smarter!?

02-20-2006, 07:12 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

:
Didn't I say that?

I think they are unique because humans cannot help themselves in a battle normally without their handy dandy tools. We just have aternalen. And excuse me?!? We're smarter then them?! We just have a over devoleped brain for crying out loud!! We just know how to use our resourses! Humans cannot tell when a fish has scraped its tail 20 meters away! We can't tell when earthquakes are going to happen! Most humans during a tsumai will take pictures instead of following their cat! What makes you think we are smarter!?
Hrm...you do have a point.
I do know that animals can tell before humans, like thunderstorms, your pets go out'a whack!
And earthquakes? Animals have sensitive...I guess...nerves, that they can feel a quake all across half the globe, 'r closer.
But we're smarter...technologically. Animals are wise off the earth. We're just more...handy. And animals can be used as an early detection system.
Ah, praise thy lord for making animals thy early detection systems.

My main page ^^

02-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

:
Fuzzleman54321[/url] ]

Can someone please make this an Sticky? This could be the Animal Testing Thread
Give me 5 good reasons why we should. Nothing makes this an important discussion.

:
Dark Elite_H2[/url] ]But we're smarter...technologically. Animals are wise off the earth. We're just more...handy. And animals can be used as an early detection system.
Fianlly, I won't agrue. I belive that animals (besides humans) can create technology if they needed to. Humans are too patheic in phyiscial form to fight or run, so they need something to support them. If another animal had the time and was that desperte, they could act like humans.

02-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

O_O

Dispicable. Although I'm not against animal testing, I am against animal cruelty. Just look at those poor things. Man is capable of as much malice as he has invention.

The second monkey on the main page reminded me of the Necrum Mudokons.

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

02-20-2006, 09:33 AM
Dark Elite_H2
Outlaw Sniper

Dark Elite_H2  (10)

:
O_O

Dispicable. Although I'm not against animal testing, I am against animal cruelty. Just look at those poor things. Man is capable of as much malice as he has invention.

The second monkey on the main page reminded me of the Necrum Mudokons.
And that, my friends, is how badly these animals were treated. And shaven, too.

My main page ^^

02-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Fuzzle Guy
Outlaw Flamer

: Apr 2003
: Greater London, UK
: 2,634
Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)Fuzzle Guy  (2482)

How can you play a game like MO and not be against Animal Testing Neph? Iasn't animal Testing Cruetly to animals?

Those pictures really made me sick. I hope never to see anything like them again.

02-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Nepharski
Riot Slug

: Nov 2004
: A State of Confusion
: 573
Nepharski  (10)

:
Iasn't animal Testing Cruetly to animals?
Not always. There is a difference, particularly in methods. Not all animal testing is cruel. Quite a bit of it is, yes, but not all of it.

As someone else previously put it in this thread (first page, I think), "What if, to discover a cure for cancer, we had to sacrifice twelve monkies? I think it would be worth it."

"Is my species of consequence to you now, Mustang? Did you really want my position that badly? Although I can appreciate the vanity of ambition, you should have spent more time planing. Even if you had somehow pulled this off, the counsil would have found you out, and they'd never let an assassin back into their fold." - Pride, FullMetal Alchemist

02-20-2006, 05:51 PM
Paramite Mask
Thudslug

: Arroyo Grande, California
: 150
Paramite Mask  (10)

Slaveless, it's not like I don't agree with you about the human race being flawed. I completely agree with you. Infliction of pain on someone has no justice in it, I'm just an animal lover, so I was just talking about the topic. I think war is no way to settle something in real life.
02-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Unforuntenly, that may be the way of life. Bullies are like that. Words, no matter what, are not afraid of words. They'll keep you down, no matter what. And they'll never either get away or get in trouble permantly. Violence sometimes can sometimes convience most people. Some people can't accept that their attiude can affect or influence everyone on Earth.

03-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Goresplatter
Spark Stunk

: I'm in space.
: 388
Goresplatter  (102)Goresplatter  (102)

Sorry for posting in a semi-old thread, but I think it'd quite an important discussion. I've looked at the pictures in the original post. After that, I couldn't pull myself to watch the video. But I believe that Humans have gone too far as a species. We're different to every other animal. The main reason for this is that we have begun to adapt everything else instead of adapting ourselves. No other animal harms another animal, just to see how it would react. And whatever happened to survival of the fittest? If we had no technology any more, we'd become extinct faster than any other race possibly could. We're weak, pathetic creatures, and we can be killed by the slightest of changes to our bodies.

And about the intelligence of humans vs animals, it reminds me of something Douglas Adams wrote. It goes along the lines of;
'Humans think they're more clever than dolphins because they discovered gravity, achieved space travel, and invented nuclear missiles. The dolphins think they're more intelligent for the exact same reasons.'

IE, what have humans ever done to make the Earth a better place. They've totally unbalanced it. Nuclear Missile - good, a way of commiting genocide in two minutes flat. Don't sound too good to me, to be honest. If nuclear war breaks out, I'm going to get murderous on humans as a race.

03-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Humans have done plenty to make the world a better place - for humans.

03-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Biggy Bro Slig
Clakker Store Clerk

: Jun 2003
: Monsaic Lines
: 759
Biggy Bro Slig  (24)

If they test Animal drugs on animals, than why not do it the same for humans? I'm in the middle, but burning a poor puppie? Awwww....
And that, was the most heart braking vivisection site I have ever seen.

Last edited by Biggy Bro Slig; 03-21-2006 at 11:08 PM..
03-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

I feel sick. Literally, like I'm gonna throw up, after seeing that. How can they do this stuff? Sewing up a monkey's eyes to stick sonar in its head, that's like what they did to Munch in MO. Burning a dog alive to 'see the effects of burning'? Why not do that on a f**king criminal, a murderer for example. I don't even wanna describe the rest. I have ALWAYS been against animal testing and cruelty to animals, and that just further increases my views. I think that they should test this kind of sh!t on murderers, rapists, pedophiles etc.- the scum of the earth. How can anybody bring themselves to do this stuff? And that stuff on page 3, about animals not thinking or feeling- absolute bullshit.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

03-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

It's the result of... *drumrole* Oh screw it you all know what I'm gonna say. Religion, yea. Sorry for bringing it up again, but hey.

The bible tells us that humans are above animals. So it is thus inhuman and incorrect to test drugs and medication on humans. Even the not religious people and scientists have to live with that standard.
There are a huge ammount of people stuck on deathrow. Why not test on them? They are scedualed to die anyway, so whats the problem if it happens to involve some extremely biting acid being sprayed in some guys eye? Need to see what happens when you catch fire for whatever stupid reason you want to test that. Grab the guy on the top of the list, pour some gas over him and light it. Let him burn, and after an hour or two you can see what happened to the guy. Simple as that.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

03-22-2006, 12:20 PM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

:
There are a huge ammount of people stuck on deathrow. Why not test on them? They are scedualed to die anyway, so whats the problem if it happens to involve some extremely biting acid being sprayed in some guys eye? Need to see what happens when you catch fire for whatever stupid reason you want to test that. Grab the guy on the top of the list, pour some gas over him and light it. Let him burn, and after an hour or two you can see what happened to the guy. Simple as that.
Exactly what i said. Those guys are going to die regardless, why not test all these things and all experimental drugs on them instead, they're dead anyway.

Fuzzle Guy: Apart from going swimming I've never been more wet in my life than when I went to see Take That.

03-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Nate
Oddworld Administrator
Rainbow of Flavour

: Apr 2002
: Seattle (woo!)
: 16,311
Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)Nate  (13497)

Except that the US consitution bans cruel and unusual punishment.

03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

*points at Quantanamo Bay* You were saying? :P

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.