Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

12-23-2009, 04:26 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

Wait, silly-name's been away for a while?

12-23-2009, 09:25 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

:
What's all this 'vote so-and-so' shizzle about?
http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?t=18834

12-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

: Oct 2009
: Behind you.
: 281
Dryadri  (195)Dryadri  (195)

Oh my! replies...for me?

:
I'm digging Eva's color scheme. ^^ I have a thing for stripes.
And all this art is awesomesauce! I hope you draw more interns, I think you make them look super cute. (I don't know if that was your intention or not...)
Same with me, I just love them still, I added in a few spots/freckles to even them out.
Thank you! Yes, there will be more interns, they play a big role in my..uh, fandom?

:
Dryadri, those pictures are awesome! Ramon is very cool and somewhat scary, the slig is... somewhat scarier, and Eva looks awesome! I really look forward to hearing more about her (Just to really pile on the pressure ) I actually really like how different she is from Zoe. It's a cool contrast. Is she gonna be native?

Also, what's all this 'vote so-and-so' shizzle about?
Thanks again Splat. Yeah, Ramon is a great, yet very scary character, I can't wait until Sci's fanfiction comes along ^^ See what you've done?! You've got me into reading, blasphemy I say! Ahem...yes, I'll carry on.
Eva is...hard to explain at the moment, because I'm unsure and her story may be some sort of spoiler if the 'Zoe stuff' ever goes ahead

As for the voting...I have no idea xD

:
Wow...that's good!...hey, you draw these characters from W@RF? Could you draw me, Mars? The mudokon of coarse...
Thanks. I actually just drew it as a helpless fangirl because I love Dion and 'TD' I can't take requests at the moment, I've gotten myself all busy again.

:
Good pictures! I've been thinking I should read The Despicable for ages, but I dislike reading on computers. If Splat compiles it in a Microsoft Word or .odt document I may print it out and read it
Thank you ^^ Oh, you definitely should! So do I, I had to print most of it out to stop my eyes from hurting. It's a lot of pages I'll warn you
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

: Dec 2009
: n/a
: 232
~Oprilthevykker~  (4)

:
Oh my! replies...for me?

Same with me, I just love them still, I added in a few spots/freckles to even them out.
Thank you! Yes, there will be more interns, they play a big role in my..uh, fandom?

Thanks again Splat. Yeah, Ramon is a great, yet very scary character, I can't wait until Sci's fanfiction comes along ^^ See what you've done?! You've got me into reading, blasphemy I say! Ahem...yes, I'll carry on.
Eva is...hard to explain at the moment, because I'm unsure and her story may be some sort of spoiler if the 'Zoe stuff' ever goes ahead

As for the voting...I have no idea xD

Thanks. I actually just drew it as a helpless fangirl because I love Dion and 'TD' I can't take requests at the moment, I've gotten myself all busy again.

Thank you ^^ Oh, you definitely should! So do I, I had to print most of it out to stop my eyes from hurting. It's a lot of pages I'll warn you

I'm great at drawing thing's I've seen, not just drawing characters from
my story. i'd be more then happy to draw anything you ask me to on request.

12-23-2009, 12:48 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

: May 2008
: Location.
: 585
scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)scipionyx  (399)

:
Yeah, Ramon is a great, yet very scary character, I can't wait until Sci's fanfiction comes along ^^

I think... probably I should never even write my fanfiction because it will be disappointing ... Ramón is coughperhapsnotasyouexpecthimtobecough he's not just a simple antagonist but yay thanx (a fan!!!!!! -for a fanfic that doesn't even truly exist yet ) 8D *glomps*

but back to the topic: thanx again for that super cool drawing <3 you're really great at drawing creepy stuff it's amazing!!! 8D

and whoa Eva looks really cool I like the markings on her fur (hehe reminds me of avatar ^.^)

˙·٠ The Captured Ones curretnly on hold ٠·˙
˙·٠► .The Capturers. curretnly on hold ◄٠·˙
˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

Last edited by scipionyx; 12-23-2009 at 01:34 PM..
12-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Moosh da Outlaw
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2007
: Under your bed
: 534
Moosh da Outlaw  (145)Moosh da Outlaw  (145)

:
Woah, Moosh! You're alive! That is awesome! Welcome back from wherever you have been.
Yup. ^^ I got bored with the websites I was at previously so I thought i'd drop in.

Anyway back to topic. Dryadri, I saw the picture you drew for Splat of Anni and Dionysia and I have to say I was really impressed. You've earned five awesome points.
12-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

:
Yup. ^^ I got bored with the websites I was at previously so I thought i'd drop in.

Anyway back to topic. Dryadri, I saw the picture you drew for Splat of Anni and Dionysia and I have to say I was really impressed. You've earned five awesome points.
Hahar, now you've returned you cannot escape this place!
Are you sure that wasn't Sci's? I haven't drawn Anni, yet

:
I think... probably I should never even write my fanfiction because it will be disappointing ... Ramón is coughperhapsnotasyouexpecthimtobecough he's not just a simple antagonist but yay thanx (a fan!!!!!! -for a fanfic that doesn't even truly exist yet ) 8D *glomps*

but back to the topic: thanx again for that super cool drawing <3 you're really great at drawing creepy stuff it's amazing!!! 8D

and whoa Eva looks really cool I like the markings on her fur (hehe reminds me of avatar ^.^)
Oh you should! *nopressurehere* Don't be afraid of what others think, but of course if you really don't want to do it, no one's gonna force you ^^

Thanks a lot and it's no problem, he was fun to draw! I'm glad you like her, lol, I didn't intend for her to look like the avatar species...I guess it's the blueness

:
I'm great at drawing thing's I've seen, not just drawing characters from my story. i'd be more then happy to draw anything you ask me to on request.
Thanks It's always great to see what others can make of things, with having different ideas and such. Or were you talking to Mars about his request?
12-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

Quick update since no one replied. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas or whatever it is you celebrate if not Christmas. I finally got my sticky hands on an Xbox360 and MO, I haven't played that game since 2002! I missed playing around with slogs, sligs and interns XD They're so much fun to possess.

Anywho, speaking of interns I did a quick sketch of the dude who looked after Zoe. He's nothing special, just your standard intern only a little thinner and doesn't wear a cap (that's because Zoe has it ). He still doesn't have a name though =/ I just can't think of one at all.
He has a scar on his left eye where Zoe knocked acid on him when she was a baby, it doesn't stand out a lot, the skin is a bit pinker than the rest of his face and the eye is clouded over.

Second is what a worker class dyadri might look like, this guy is wild because he's a fisherman. He's not overly important as his mane isn't huge and he doesn't have a lot of body paint.

Also been writing up a little about Eva and stuff, she's gonna be the simple, good looking one, an escapee from Splinterz thanks to Abe and Munch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	intern dude.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	153.2 
ID:	11061   Click image for larger version

Name:	dryadri guy.JPG
Views:	185
Size:	310.2 
ID:	11062  
12-29-2009, 03:15 PM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

:
Oh you should! *nopressurehere* Don't be afraid of what others think, but of course if you really don't want to do it, no one's gonna force you ^^

Thanks a lot and it's no problem, he was fun to draw! I'm glad you like her, lol, I didn't intend for her to look like the avatar species...I guess it's the blueness
I still want to write / draw it someday but probably not as early as I wanted before ^^
-ahh sorry everything i look at starts reminding me of avatar somehow... i still haven't seen it xD

and also: whoa I love the drawing of the 'Fisherman'!!! it's cool!! ... interresting concept ^.^

i also like the sketch of the Intern... he might be the standart Intern but he's still unique <3

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

I will be going to see Avatar in January, even if I have to resort to blackmail to get myself there

Nice art; I liked the sort of casual style of the dryadri; a change from the really deep and spiritualness of the native ones we've seen before. And I look forward to finding more about Eve
As it's an intern, would that guy have a name that translates on to paper or would his name be a particular gesture or something? (Just to really confuse things )

12-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

:
I still want to write / draw it someday but probably not as early as I wanted before ^^
-ahh sorry everything i look at starts reminding me of avatar somehow... i still haven't seen it xD

and also: whoa I love the drawing of the 'Fisherman'!!! it's cool!! ... interresting concept ^.^

i also like the sketch of the Intern... he might be the standart Intern but he's still unique <3
I'll be reading/looking if you do.
Thanks as always ^^ Lol, there's really nothing special about him, apart from that he got Zoe dumped on him years ago and now he's rather known among the rest of the interns. xD

:
I will be going to see Avatar in January, even if I have to resort to blackmail to get myself there

Nice art; I liked the sort of casual style of the dryadri; a change from the really deep and spiritualness of the native ones we've seen before. And I look forward to finding more about Eve
As it's an intern, would that guy have a name that translates on to paper or would his name be a particular gesture or something? (Just to really confuse things )
I may have to do the same thing, I'm dying to see it!

That guy's a freed/escaped worker, so now he is a native...just a 'new' one. Eva's story keeps changing when I find something I don't like xD Writing is so annoying.
I have no idea, funnily enough I was wondering the same thing to myself. I was thinking both, his name could originally be written as a proper name, but as Zoe develops her 'language' it could be turned into a gesture.

I still have to think of a name to start with though xD
01-04-2010, 07:57 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)

I'm feeling Arty' too.

I'm gonna start drawing...

01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

Quick update School has started again so I won't be putting up many coloured pieces..not that I have been lately anyway

Firstly here is a small animation I did of a rat hopping, I'm hopefully gonna finish this (the tail smoothness needs sorting first) but until then, just a sketch ^^ You wouldn't believe how frustrating it was to keep it smooth!

Second is Eva, Eve or Evelyn (which is her full first name), I only managed to colour this this afternoon because our school panicked at the first sight of snow and called a snow day. There was supposed to be a wall or something where her hand is and a background but I never got the time to finish.

Enjoy ^^

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rat-hop.gif
Views:	375
Size:	40.3 
ID:	11146   Click image for larger version

Name:	evelyn copy.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	187.7 
ID:	11148  

Last edited by Dryadri; 01-05-2010 at 12:12 PM.. : wrong picture of Eva ^^;
01-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Both look very cool. I think that rat is gonna be one of those things that looks at least as good as a sketch as the finished product It's very stylish. And Eva also looks very cool. Love her hair And her clothes - well drawn.

01-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

Thanks.
It'll probably look better as a sketch than the finished product xD I'm fantastic at ruining animations during the lining/colouring process.
01-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

MOAR The animation has advanced.

...and I reused my old lineart to do that intern, it's a generic intern lineart, he's not as round as that and in this picture shouldn't be wearing a cap because Zoe is.
It was too late to change them as they were sketched desperately and I just stuck them together...if that makes sense? Plus...I'm lazy.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rat-hop2.gif
Views:	350
Size:	61.6 
ID:	11184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoe and intern.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	279.1 
ID:	11185  
01-10-2010, 12:59 AM
scipionyx
Riot Slug

dawwwww *.* I <3 that animation n__n

you did a really awesome job!!!

thehehehehe and I like the drawing with Zoe and the Intern aswell :>
the poses are cool

˙·٠ W3-7 ٠·˙
˙·٠ OW-Art Thread ٠·˙

01-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Splat

The rat has become very cute.

I notice that if you look at Zoe from the thighs down, she does look like a dangerous predator. It's only when you take in the clothes...

01-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

:
dawwwww *.* I <3 that animation n__n

you did a really awesome job!!!

thehehehehe and I like the drawing with Zoe and the Intern aswell :>
the poses are cool
Thank you ^^ I think the intern has a name now :P But still unsure. Also..I'm loving the icon in your signature

:
The rat has become very cute.

I notice that if you look at Zoe from the thighs down, she does look like a dangerous predator. It's only when you take in the clothes...
Haha, yes she does xD I didn't intend for her stance to give that impression, but it does! It makes sense though, the Dryadri are vicious monsters when angered.

Yes, as I said I have a name for the intern guy as suggested by the might Moosh (or Cylonite on deviantART). It's a simple hand gesture (because that's how Zoe communicates if you didn't know) that translates as 'Nye' (pronounced nigh to us) when written down.

Something about Eva should be coming soon, I kept making these spontaneous ideas for her, the latest being to do with ghosts, but keep putting myself down after thinking it's all too extreme.
01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

No one replied so I'll post moar 8D

A little tribute to Moosh's fanfiction, which if you haven't read then I suggest you do.

I also have a question, the second picture/the sketch. When I fix it up and colour it, should I put the Scrab there or the Mudokon?
The whole idea with the scrab was inspired by 'Water on Mars' the Doctor Who episode where the woman who I don't remember the name of (sorry ^^ says something like...

"It looked at me, it stared right into me....then it simply went away"

Edit: Also, please ignore the lack of detail on the scrab and the scribbles, I got frustrated and lost control of my pencil.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nedd copy.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	327.1 
ID:	11219   Click image for larger version

Name:	eva child.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	491.5 
ID:	11220  
01-17-2010, 01:28 PM
~Oprilthevykker~
Boombat

: n/a
: 232
~Oprilthevykker~  (4)
:
No one replied so I'll post moar 8D

A little tribute to Moosh's fanfiction, which if you haven't read then I suggest you do.

I also have a question, the second picture/the sketch. When I fix it up and colour it, should I put the Scrab there or the Mudokon?
The whole idea with the scrab was inspired by 'Water on Mars' the Doctor Who episode where the woman who I don't remember the name of (sorry ^^ says something like...

"It looked at me, it stared right into me....then it simply went away"

Edit: Also, please ignore the lack of detail on the scrab and the scribbles, I got frustrated and lost control of my pencil.

Looks like a three year old's scribbles.

01-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Splat

Alright Opril, that was unnecessarily rude. Seriously, you've been told before.

I think it would look brilliant with the scrab, especially in relation to the quote (don't remember that bit... interesting...). the whole mortal peril thing...
Native mudokon looks awesome, too. As does evil intern.

Last edited by Splat; 01-17-2010 at 03:44 PM..
01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

@Splat, alright the Scrab it is Should be a little easier for me to colour too.

I'll find a youtube video that shows when she says it.

Edit: She says it around 9 minutes in here, when she's as a little girl in the attic.

:
Looks like a three year old's scribbles.
If you're trying to make me flame or something it won't work.

We have yet to see your artwork.

Last edited by Dryadri; 01-17-2010 at 11:23 PM..
01-18-2010, 02:46 AM
Splat

Ohh yeah. I'd forgotten that bit.

Is that Dryadri Eva?

01-18-2010, 08:24 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

I'd quite like it with the Mudukon myself. The Dryardi looks like she's regarding the figure with concern and curiosity rather than fear. Of course, you could put the Scrab behind the Mud to make it slightly funny. ('I'm here to help you.' 'Then maybe you should turn around.')

Oh and Opril, don't be horrible. Save that for OTD. At the very least post some art of your own.

01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

:
I'd quite like it with the Mudukon myself. The Dryardi looks like she's regarding the figure with concern and curiosity rather than fear. Of course, you could put the Scrab behind the Mud to make it slightly funny. ('I'm here to help you.' 'Then maybe you should turn around.')

Oh and Opril, don't be horrible. Save that for OTD. At the very least post some art of your own.
I'm still unsure, if it were the Mudokon then it would be some sort of "ghost" providing I go along with m ghost idea. Lol, I never even thought of that, I may do a similar picture for fun with that idea, but I'd like to keep this one serious

:
Ohh yeah. I'd forgotten that bit.

Is that Dryadri Eva?
Yeah it's Eva, but she's only half Dryadri, it's obvious to me what the other half of her is (obviously, since I made her) but you can have a cookie if you get it.
01-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Splat

Three fingers (in the sketch), less raptor-like legs, sort of blunt, curving muzzle, blue skin. Mudokon?

01-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

Well done! Cookie...

She also has ears where the mudokons ears are instead of on top of her head like a dog, her head is more oval and she has blunter teeth (although you can't see that).
01-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Dryadri
Sniper Wasp

Sad

I haven't updated in a while, mainly because I've been too busy with...stuff.
I saw Avatar And someone has commissioned me to draw them as a Na'vi, so I may post that when I get it done.

For the moment I've only managed to get a little bit of the sketch with kid Eva, my new style (if it sticks) has no lines, more like a painting.

Heh, this is what my wips look like xD The only thing that's even close to finished is her dress.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	eva thingie wip.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	421.3 
ID:	11252  
01-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Taco
Super Stingbee

: Melbourne
: 453