Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

08-01-2001, 05:57 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

yeah, i see what you mean, and i agree that racism is not part of human nature, except as a subsection of selfishness, which is, unfortunately, a part of human nature. we are born selfish, and must work to overcome it. racism is merely an extension of that, among the class of people known as 'stupid'...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-01-2001, 06:01 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

Yeah, Human NAture is based on what we all have. WE all do get jealous sometimes. Not all of us are racsim. But Not all of us can go through the full root of it. Like if you have both jealousy, envy, or maybe ignorance or fear or hate, that could be the root of racism. Like Money is the root of all evil

08-01-2001, 10:18 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

have you noticed how the sort of people who say 'Money is the Root of all Evil' tend to be rich? but, joking aside, i agree.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

08-02-2001, 04:05 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

When I said that racism is a part of human nature, I didn't mean that everyone is racist. Thanks for clearing that up, Rettick.

Racism is certainly a naturally forming aspect in human society. The same way in which any minority group is attacked, so is a minority ethnic group. Like Rettick said, racism is an extention on some of the negative aspects of our nature.