Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

01-19-2003, 09:21 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

You know what would be a funny scnerio. Munch Belches and when Abe is in the process of possessing his fart he acidently possesses Munches Burp. Munch sits there and stares at the burp and is like duh and then it explodes in his face. Hehe I know thats pretty lame aint it?

01-20-2003, 02:21 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

why should Munch's burps explode?
abe farts explode because when he drinks brew there are mudokon bones powder in it, very explosive

10-13-2003, 10:48 PM
nads
Grubb Fisherman

: Mar 2002
: Essex, MA
: 946
nads  (10)

the vendos are tools in my opinion, not deadly or anything, but useful.

4 cold years...

10-13-2003, 10:59 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

A better way to explain the use of "tools" would be to say that Abe uses his surroundings to defeat enemies. Yes, Abe does throw a grenade, but he is just using his surroundings to get the job done............Using the industrials own weapons against them. Abe doesn't constantly carry a weapon that he can just pull out at will, which would be my definition of a true weapon.

-oddguy

10-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Wow...this is a REALLY old topic...but I guess with all the new members here, it could revive itself...

10-14-2003, 03:25 AM
MrBoj
Bola Blast

: Jun 2001
: Brooklyn, NY
: 421
MrBoj  (12)

very early concept sketches showed a mudokon (presumably Abe) with a spear

these are among many that have Abe in this depiction, as I'm sure many of you know.

Abe has progressed with his fighting ability. He has gone from being more stealthy to using others to fight for him. It certainly has become more of a team battle than just Abe fighting himself. And this is due to the story.....Abe is no the "messaiah" and has a following (almost like a religion....but who needs religion, right?)

He still can use weapons, or tools if you prefer, though he can easily command others to go the action for him. 'Twill be interesting to see how his fighting ability progresses farther down the road. I imagine large scale multiple tasks being down by the mudokons or other people. Nothing can match the ambiguous method Abe had when he first escaped from Rupture Farms. It was unorthodox, but it worked and was ideal for the 2D platform.

10-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

wow, this thread is back up again. Like mr. Boj said, abe no longer is stealthy, i'd imagine next time we see him in a game, he may be using the weapon vendos seen in the facilitys.

10-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by ferill
wow, this thread is back up again. Like mr. Boj said, abe no longer is stealthy, i'd imagine next time we see him in a game, he may be using the weapon vendos seen in the facilitys.
Sherry McKenna specifically said that Abe would never directly use a gun, so I'd doubt that. But I would like to see his spiritual powers grow. They've grown steadily so far. In AO he could possess sligs. In AE, he could possess gluks, sligs, slogs, scrabs, paramites...I probably forgot some. Now, in MO, he can basically possess any creature, and regrow spooce. I can't wait to see what he'll be able to do next.

10-14-2003, 11:00 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I would like to see similar to what Mac said about his spiritual powers and such growing, but also more so of the fact he begins to accept his destiny a bit more. Yes I know it gives him lots of character in AO and AE being sort of a clutz who doesnt really have a choice to not be a messiah. But maybe we can see a different side of Abe, as he grows older through his journey, and basically more accepting in his role to save his people.

Just a thought of course.