Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

08-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

You know what Jacob I really dont give a damn what you say in response, just because your sixteen and Im fourteen that doesnt mean your that much wiser then me or anyone else, all it proves is you have been on this earth longer than I have, and you still havent learned anything about being kind to others have you?

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-23-2002 at 12:49 PM..
08-23-2002, 09:33 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
(1)You know what Jacob I really dont give a damn what you say in response,(2) just because your sixteen and Im fourteen that (3)doesnt mean your that much wiser then me or anyone else,(4) all it proves is you have been on this earth longer than I have,(5) and you still havent learned anything about being kind to others have you?
(1) - See, now im starting to respect you (Ok...thats a lie, but i think its good of you to say you dont give a sh*t about what people think of u)

(2) - 14!? Wow...i thought u were younger...

(3) - I never said i was 'wiser' im just maturer and know how to get on in life...

(4) - Technically thats not true. I spent my first 8 yrs in Hell...with Daddy...

(5) - I have. Just not others whom i dont, really like...or know...or appreciate existing.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-23-2002, 10:21 PM
Joe the Intern
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2001
: Boise?
: 1,181
Joe the Intern  (11)
Native Luke's nomination

I'd like to say that there is no reason Luke shouldn't be considered as a moderator. He is one of my friends, and he is very trustworthy. I strongly suggest you reconsider his nomination.

08-23-2002, 10:46 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Its ok Morg no one has yet to withdraw his nomination. From what I know he is still in unless the mods decide otherwise.
08-23-2002, 11:21 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Ah, now I understand Luke has nothing against the forums, I'm content. I had a high opinion of him before, which stays. I wouldn't mind co-moderating with him either. Actualy, I would prefer moderating with someone like Morgan or Luke. Mature acting kind people.
08-23-2002, 11:26 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

Chris let me just tell you this straight forward....i dont really care about your responses or qoutes as thats all i really see you do....but listen here Chris..if you really were as mature as you say you are...you would have a much better sense of respect and a much more positive and out going look on life.

Me preaching for a better future is much better then you quoting anyones responses and responding with things that are clear..and understandable to the point you dont have to do that. My out look on life here and at home is much more positive and healthier then yours......I will not vote for you as Moderator because i dont trust you at all...why do you even come here...tell me that huh....i dont mind you respond to anything at all Chris...but will you listen to someone for once you arent always right....and even if you dont seem to want to prove you are right....im just saying that i have no confidence in you as a Mod at all after your display of back talking..as it seems thats all your good for...

Im trying to make peace here and its for the benifit of the good people to enjoy themselves here and stop bickering over everything.

I vote for no confidence in Chris's nomiations as a Moderator, for the simple fact that i dont trust him as a leader of this forum.

(respond if you must Chris..it doesnt matter to me)
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-23-2002, 11:29 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

Edit:sorry SeaRex messed up
I meant JACOB should'nt be a mod because of this :
:
posted by Jacob:I would love to have power over Off-Topic
Thats is why cause he just wants the power of it!
So *put's thumb down*no vote!

Wrex.

Last edited by mitsur; 08-23-2002 at 03:38 PM..
08-23-2002, 11:35 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

I think Luke browses alot, but just doesn't post. Anyways, his posts come around when I'm not here, and I hardly see him post when I'm here. Chris I don't trust, with his no geeks attitude (almsot funny sounding, I would laugh if I wasn't considered a geek) doesn't sem fair, to let someone who people may hate to be allowed in. I don't hate him yet, but I would hate to see anybody fear him because hes a mod.

I'm hating to drag this on really, but I feel I owe it to my friends. My point is just going to be reworded. And Crhis, go ahead and point out anything within my new posts, I don't encourage it though. If your idea of matruity at its finest is poking fun at younger ones and other peoples mistakes, that is rather low. *rolls eyes*

Last edited by Majic; 08-23-2002 at 03:37 PM..
08-23-2002, 11:42 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I would like to put for the record, I am sorry to the Admins, that this fight had to take place in the Mod Applications thread. I know it should not even be in here, but this needed to be brought to the attention to everyone on OWF including Chris, I am not one to constantly fight with someone and this is the first time I have had a huge dissagreement with another member, but I feel for now Chris has proven his inability to act mature, and just back down for once, as Kai has said and many members most likely, would agree, you arent always right about everything, you can sit down and anaylize anything we say but that doesnt show that you are right, more mature, or even wiser than us, nor does it give you the right to constantly degrade members of this forum, for instance you over judge people, example me I say Im fourteen (which I am, if I have to maybe Ill scan my birth certificate ) but you always think members are the age of 12. why because we like oddworld? you need to get to really know a person before you can judge them, as the old saying goes, you cant judge a book by its cover. So finally to sum up my arguement, I will not get personally angry with you from now on you can say what you please, but in any case I will be the one who acts more mature by not giving in to what you desire choas, even if you are two years older then me.

I withdraw my nomination for Jacob.

This is my end to this dissagreement I hope you do the same Chris.

Sincerely, Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-23-2002 at 03:44 PM..
08-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Right, let me put things straight that some little children may not understand;

I-DO-NOT-MIND-PEOPLE-LIKING-ODDWORLD...

Do you get that? Ok, if you do WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING ME THE OPPOSITE!? Cant you people read!? Are you illiterate or sumat!? Jesus.

What annoys me is when people actually start living the game. Making out as if it is more than what it really is, moaning about maps being wrong, talking about a 'spiritual meaning' behind it. When all it is, is a thing to be enjoyed. As in, you play it, are amused by it, laugh maybe, play it again and complete it...nothing more...Gawwd.

And i do apologise if i have a life beyond the forums. Its coming across that a majority of members are actually having a go at me cos i brag about my social outgoings and such and such. My apologies for actually mingling with the opposite sex and my apologies for actually drinking alcohol. (Alcohol referrence meant for the older, legal members)

The smaller members why the Hell are you even bothering to try and beat me down? I am 10 times the person y'all are gonna be in your pathetic, internet revolving world.

Why do i come here? Because when im down and depressed, i am able to smile and thank the Gods i am not like y'all.

And another thing, when has this been about 'right' or 'wrong'!? This is about opinions...

Al, you said 'You cant judge a book by its cover' Yeh? Well, what about 'First impressions count'? In which case i have a right to think what i do because of how you lot have acted. The only couple i like and am neutral with are Squinge (Who is 30...*Shudders*) Oddling and Majic Abe...

And...yet another thing...Why are you sticking up for Pilot when you dont have the entire facts? Whats the point? What, just because the other forum is about adult issues etc and not about your precious OW? If i had kids like you i would so be worried...

And by all means preach for a better future but dont make out as if its the only thing that matters. Its sad, pathetic and desperate.

Also...finally...dont use my name in excess.

(I dont believe i quoted or analysed there)

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-24-2002, 01:05 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Ah, I was under the impression I was a geek. I do have a life byond here, and I enjoy it. I go to parties, hang out, see movies, g to school, etc... As long as people are having fun, its perfectly fine. You may look down upon people to make yourself feel better, but I suppose that means its not hurting them if they don't know. Thats the thing that bothers me though, you make it obvious (painfuly to some members sometimes) that you look down at them. OTher than that, your posts can be quite entertaining to read. I just don't think you're quite the type of mod material.

I hope I haven't mentioned anything about you hating Oddworld lovers though since my post several times up., since you have made it clear after. I owe an apology, I supose.
08-24-2002, 01:16 AM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

Jacob, if you don't care what he thinks, why are you making such a big deal about a few little words? You don't really know any of the members you have not met in real life. Also, You can't give out stereotypes to people you have only chatted with. Stop acting like your so great; for all I know you might be the geekiest kid in your school. Enough judging people on the words that appear on your computer monitor, unless you meet them in real life.
08-24-2002, 01:16 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

I understand you Jacob...so now to the point...i am making it clear that the whole reason i posted toward you and the other members was to let you and the members know that i can not trust you to be a moderator...i dont want to start anything..i will just make it clear...that having you as a Mod..may not be the most reliable thing...unless you can truly prove you know whats best for the forums...i will continue to vote no confidence in your nominations.

Last edited by Kaimana; 08-23-2002 at 05:19 PM..
08-24-2002, 01:27 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I said I would not care what you said and I will stay true to that. But I would like to say I do have a life outside of here why do you think for so long I didnt show up, I have highschool to deal with, stacks of homework(occasionally) parties that I will attend, hanging out with my really good friends, and some aquaitances, and (not drinking yet, underage 14, not legal age, to clarify). I know you dont hate people who like Oddworld Chris, its just some of us like to pondor and theorize on other things in oddworld, thats one of the main reasons in my opinion why if I made this place, why I would have established these forums, as for the heated debates, in off-topic are really great to read also, and would be one of the reasons also. I know some of my earlier posts when I registered last October may have been different, in the way I responded and posted, but I was also going through *change* more specifically, at the time I hadnt matured to the point I have come to now for, instance check some of my early posts if you want to and see some of the differences to someof them now. so I can see how you may have thought I was younger at the time. But it is true I also cannot fully judge you, I dont know you well enough, to really make a true assumtion about the way you act, I also dont know how your home life is either. Though I serioulsy do hope this arguement will come to an end I hate to see it consume anymore of our time. My only main theme is I dont know how well of a Mod you would be.

Thank you also for not anaylizing my post.

Sincerely Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-23-2002 at 05:32 PM..
08-24-2002, 10:19 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Ok, Magic. I dont believe i made it 'obvious' when i stated such things on a different forum. Only to have a diff forumer waddle along and say "Hey, look what they're saying!!" I'll be the 1st to admit i have more faces than Big Ben but i didn't conceal them on here, if people want to know something i will tell them straight out.

Mojo - I dont care what people think of me, but i'd rather them know my reason behind it before they judge. Also, you say i cant say anything about their lives cos i dont know them? Just look on the recent Questionaires...they even state they have no lives!!

Kai - Truly best for the forums? If you have a load of OW fanatics running around not only will you be losing the more mature members but as soon as each member hits puberty and is truly sickened by the way they acted then you will lose them aswell. Also, i hardly think that having children as mods would help as they would be siding with their friends all the time. The good thing about me is i have no friends on OWF and thus...am a amazingly amazing candidate

Vykker - Wait till you go through yet another 'change'. Pressuming you didn't see me as 'Oryon' i will tell you now i was a total f*cker. Really, i was. People say im bad now? Go back a yr or 2. I still have that bitch quality, i just control it more and direct it at certain sentences/members...

08-24-2002, 12:03 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
I think Luke browses alot, but just doesn't post. Anyways, his posts come around when I'm not here, and I hardly see him post when I'm here.
Yes, this is true. I will only post if I have something to say that hasn't already stated. I do, however, browse almost every topic in Off-Topic and Member A & L.

Thanks for all who showed me support...
08-24-2002, 12:24 PM
salty pretzils
Rabid Fuzzle

: Fuckyeahistan
: 502
salty pretzils  (21)
I would like to vote for Jacob and Searex for Offtopic.
They seem sensible.

Oh, and just cos I'm twelve doesn't mean I'm not mature and sensible enough to make a good desicion. So don't bother telling me I'm too young to know what I'm doing.

Goodbye and goodnight.
08-24-2002, 12:52 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Hmm... haven't been any new nominations lately. You think we should vote?

I like the new forum layout. A lot more colorful.
08-24-2002, 12:57 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I think also that anyone interested in nominating has already done so. We will begin the voting early next week.

Sea Rex, sorry for not responding sooner. Alcar is currently away for the weekend, and I would like to discuss with him and Justin your moderator nomination before giving you an answer. Please don't count yourself out yet, as you have demonstrated qualities of a potential moderator and explained your situation in your recent posts.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

See it I knew you did nothing wrong Searex Remaining neutral is probably the best thing to do, good luck.

Sincerely, Al the Vykker
08-24-2002, 02:48 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

NO! Luke is EVIL!!

*hisses*

actually, I think he'd do a great job...Not as good as me, but you know...:P

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-24-2002, 02:51 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy Mod

Thank you for nominating me Kaimana. I would love to moderate either the General Discussion and/or OIPT Forum. I don't see any point telling why I should be appointed moderator since I have been here long enough for people to know me.

Hopefully my humble request dosn't get lost amongst all of this banter. I really would love to be a moderator.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

08-24-2002, 03:21 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Khanz, GD is not in need of new mods....it's been stated several times now.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

08-24-2002, 03:58 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

As far as the OIPT Forum is concerned..i would not mind having Khanz helping me moderate....its quite ok...at the moment though im doing just fine as a moderator of that point....However if i am nominated to moderate another forum then i would willingly allow Kahnz to help moderate the OIPT

08-24-2002, 04:35 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)
Native

I don't want to be mean or biased but i think people are taking this to seriously. What I mean is that if someone said Rex i don't want you for rpg mod because.......I wouldn't care. But other people start going freaky and strange. Well thats my view.

Also thisis very biased and i'm sorry if this is not what you wan o hear but.....

*puts up sign saying 'Rexy 'n' Molluck for Mods'*
Just saying we have a few cool ideas! And don't forget to vote for me and molluck (even though half of us are underage lol) thank you very much!

Rex Tirano

08-24-2002, 04:37 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Disgruntled Intern
actually, I think he'd do a great job...Not as good as me, but you know...
Thanks for the back-handed compliment.
08-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

Heh, I actualydon't always side with my friends. I've have several arguments around in oddchat, with my friends, and kick them when they do something bad. I don't think I side with them at all if I think differently.
08-24-2002, 09:18 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I do hope I am elected Fan Corner mod, but if not thats okay too, check my earlier posts for more info. I have been a dedicated member for almost a year now, and always love to discuss new theories with others, I also love to respond to peoples Fan Fics as well as writing my own, and try to encourage many to write ones, also I would like to post some artwork I have, (hopes for a scanner this year) I do hope you consider me a choice that you would vote for. Fan Corner, is one of those places to me that I have dreamed of moderating, and is one of my favorite parts on this forum. but when the decision comes, its you the members who make a decision, I hope you do consider me as your choice for FC moderator thank you and Stay ODD!

Your Fellow member, Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-24-2002 at 01:21 PM..
08-24-2002, 09:24 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Ill nominate you Al. You are a good member here and you are a good friend to me and others. If anybody deserves to be Mod for the Fan Cornor its Al.

08-25-2002, 01:02 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Al is a vetran knows how this place works and loves Fan Fics...If you ask me its him that shoudl be FC Moderator...Also with him i would like to nominate MunchOnThis...to aid Al in the FC Forum...the two work good together and have agreed to share equally....they also have many ideas for FC...If they are elected i have no doubt they woudl make the FC a better place to visit.

Al, Munchy you have my nominations as a team