Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

: Should there be a war with Iraq?
Yes! Bomb the evil country! 2 16.67%
No, the last thing we want is a third world war. 4 33.33%
Give Iraq a warning shot, if they don't surrender after that, move in... 5 41.67%
Only attack him if there's another attack on us. 1 8.33%
: 12.

03-31-2003, 11:50 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

Oh, quiet you two. You'll all be laced with our anthrax before you can bomb anything.
04-01-2003, 01:47 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

: Nov 2002
: Here.
: 2,763
Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)Facsimile  (312)

:
Originally posted by paramiteabe
Because everyone thinks the U.S are the Nazis
I had never once heard the U.S refered to as the Nazis until you yourself did. Who are you supporting again?

:
Second its seems everyone is supporting Terrorism so thus everyone hates us because we are a country who is a freedom loveing country which could mean that everybody is just jealous with us.
If you are so very freedom loving then why don't you let the Iraqis have the "freedom" to do what they want?

:
Its the truth Terrorist did fly into our buildings. Wether you like it or not the truth of the matter is that these people need to be punished not the civilians the Government.
Yes, but these people are not the Iraqis!

:
You don't mess with us!
So terrorists could have attacked any one else and it wouldn't matter?

:
Oh here is another thing where were you people at when we were fighting in Kosovo during the Clinton era?
I can't comeback on that one. I know something happened in Kosovo a while back but I wasn't old enough to care.

:
He hasnt done it to us but he will
You have started attacking him and he hasn't done anything!

:
So go ahead complain that we are the evil people of the world
I don't think the U.S is evil. More wrong. Wrong for starting an un-needed war.

:
Because it is all just a big joke!
Yes indeed. I love to laugh while watching the news and hearing more civilians have died.

Ah but I don't know why I am bothering arguing. You will probably blow yourself up anyway.
http://www.myspace.com/spirebandnz

04-01-2003, 03:30 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I'm with SeaRex, The Glass Asylum hasn't done anything to us. They haven't posted anything hateful towards in ages, I don't think it's fair that we should be the ones keeping alive the hatred.

We've gone our seperate ways, and many people believe that it was for the best. On both sides.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

04-01-2003, 11:24 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

:
Originally posted by Facsimile
I had never once heard the U.S refered to as the Nazis until you yourself did. Who are you supporting again?

If you are so very freedom loving then why don't you let the Iraqis have the "freedom" to do what they want?

Yes, but these people are not the Iraqis!

So terrorists could have attacked any one else and it wouldn't matter?

I can't comeback on that one. I know something happened in Kosovo a while back but I wasn't old enough to care.

You have started attacking him and he hasn't done anything!

I don't think the U.S is evil. More wrong. Wrong for starting an un-needed war.

Yes indeed. I love to laugh while watching the news and hearing more civilians have died.

Ah but I don't know why I am bothering arguing. You will probably blow yourself up anyway.
1. I heard some people say we were related to the Nazis.

2. We are, as soon as we destroy their Governments and rid them of Saddam. It's called liberation.

3. It doesnt matter Saddam supports terror and its not only Afgans that we are after. The war is more complex than one country. Its not only Afganistan and Alquida. Its all Terroist groups. We are not after the regular people its the Terrorist in which we are after. So that puts on a very complex situation because terrorist hide and dress just like us so it is very difficult to determine where these people are and who the enamy really is. That is why we are seeing a lot of mistakes unfortunately.

4. It would too matter, your country or Government would feel the same way we do if you were attacked in a way that changed the lives of thousands. Don't you realise why we are doing this? We are trying to protect ourselves thats all.

5. Well the whole point of that statement was that I was trying to get across to you that when we were fighting in other wars like Kosovo during the Clinton era there wasant such a negitive feeling towards us because we went in there and help those people very much so like Iraq. Again I say We are not after Iraqis its the terrorist and the Governments and regimes who have put these countries into a liveing hell. You know there are Iraqis who are inviteing us into their country to liberate them from a tirant. Some of them are actually glad that we are doing this.

6. Yes he has, he has been killing his own people. And maybe he dident do anything to us but we take stuff like that seriously. Cutting someone to bleed to death in the streets because they expressed their feelings to the Government is not right. We are helping them out to get rid of Saddam. He is attacking Kawait too.

7. We dident start the war, Alquida did and the war has moved on to Iraq. Don't you realise that? Maybe Saddam dident do anything to us but it doesnt mean he is doing it to other people of the world. We got to put a stop to this.

8. I am not blameing you I am trying point out on how this is such a mess.

You know this is the same arguement over and over again so you have the right to your opinions the same as I have the rights to my own opinion about the situation where in other countries like Iraq you have no rights to your own opinion and if you were caught you would be killed. I am not going to argue about this anymore. I said my point and obveously we have different views on the matter and thats cool so lets leave it at that ok?

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-01-2003 at 03:44 AM..
04-02-2003, 01:22 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

:
I said my point and obveously we have different views on the matter and thats cool so lets leave it at that ok?
Yeah, even though there were a couple things I wanted to argue back I really can't be bothered.

04-02-2003, 03:15 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

I'd like to add in one last thing.

If after every war, everyone then labels it as being bad, and not needed. What difference is there with this war?

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

04-02-2003, 10:53 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

There is no difference in this war. It is just as bad as preveious wars. I don't like war as much as anyone else does. But I really do balieve the motivation in this war is for peace. I was going on about how we need to get rid of Saddam because he is a ruthless dictator and that he supports Terrorists whome are un just and want us to be afraid of them. If that happens then they won. Saddam said it himself. He said "The Terrorist are the apple of his eye!"

The Iraqi people, at least most of the civilians want us to liberate them. They are glad we are there to do it. Granted its not a pretty picture, but ultimately that country will be liberated and free. If people want peace you have to really fight for it. Freedom doesn't come on a silver platter.

I might not like the idea in which my president did but I do balieve he is doing his best to keep us Americans safe. You have to admit we havent seen one terrorist attack on our nation since September 11th not one. And lets keep it that way. I think he is doing a great job in protecting us. That and I do balieve so far this war has been to our favor. Spite of the mishaps and casulties which is still pretty insunificant compared to other wars amazes me. I think the Regime is loseing its power slowly but surely. But still we are at war and there is still unkown verables to deal with here. But up to now 14 days into the war I truely balieve our plans are working.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 04-02-2003 at 03:06 AM..
04-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

The fact is, is that the Iraqi's are using Guerrilla tactics. No War in the History of wars has been won when one of the warer peeps has used Guerrilla tactics. The Americans got their ass kicked in the Vietnam war cos of Guerrilla warfare and its gonna happen again. Just because America is a super power doesn't mean it will win everything. And besides, America has never won a war un-assisted.

On a lighter note the only way the Americans can get rid of Saddam Hussein is to nuke Iraq, which will then cause the Chinese to retaliate and kick America's ass. And i personally would love to see a battle between China and America, China having over a million troops and all and having nukes and such like...

On another lighter note the CIA actually trained Osama Bin Laden to fight the Soviets in the Afghan war. The supplied him with weapons and him and others whom hated Communism kicked the Soviets ass' using Guerrilla warfare...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-03-2003, 02:09 AM
Facsimile
Outlaw Hunter

Sorry I just couldn't stay away.

:
You have to admit we havent seen one terrorist attack on our nation since September 11th not one.
There weren't happening everyday before that either.

:
No War in the History of wars has been won when one of the warer peeps has used Guerrilla tactics.
The Boer War. The English won that when the Boers were using guerilla warfare.

But America, just remember you made Saddam who he is by giving him all those weapons to fight Iran with.

04-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

:
The Boer War. The English won that when the Boers were using guerilla warfare.
The key word there being "English"...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

i dont care, as long as we win!