Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-20-2006, 03:03 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

OOC: Sliguy, all the other sligs retreated, not to mention the new ones wouldn't have been able to find them, sicne they didn't see the flare. I'm waititng until Tom posts what happens on the other side of the wall, then I'll post.

Wrex.

01-20-2006, 03:13 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2006
: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: Same, and I'm a bit confused about the storyline, but anyway...

01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

: Nov 2005
: Australia
: 68
TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Boy did my 'I'll post another entry later today' promise blow up in my face. Anyhow, now that I have some time...

Darvek had made his escape the moment Frex released that grenade from his hand. He felt the ground shake as a deafening explosion erupted behind him, causing the nesting dome to literally fall apart. He could only hope the cave-in would prevent Frex and the others from finding him and returning him to Vernon.

Up ahead. More Paramite. Darvek readied his weapon for a moment or two, but to his suprise the creatures simply bounded past in a hurry toward the open chamber. Often being considered single minded creatures, Darvek assumed theirs was on the nesting grounds. The path began to twist and turn unexpectadly, often forming large U-shaped bends that became harder to follow. Running, too, was becoming increasingly difficult as though Darvek was moving uphill, although it was almost impossible to tell in these dank caverns. Disorientation had finally gotten the better of him.

Finally! Up ahead the path seemed to become wider. Lighter. Darvek increased speed, eager to get himself out of this unforgiving maze. But suddenly there was no path left. Darvek came to a screeching halt. He was back in the main chamber, directly above the entrance from which he had came (I'm talking about the actual entrance into the entire nesting ground from the outside). Looking down through one of the hundreds of small, round openings, high up in the dome shaped wall, Darvek could make out Flaxis and a peculiar Mudokon he hadn't yet seen before attempting to dig their way through the formation caused by the cave-in earlier. Paramite were swarming in from all entrances imaginable, forming lines as they aided the duo by shifting rocks in an ant-like fashion. Obviously they too were eager to see the extent of the damage caused.

This was Darvek's chance. All he had to do was drop down there and make a run for it out the exit. Still, who knew what would be waiting for him out there. Calvarr? More of Vernon's foot soldiers? He would bide his time for now.

Elsewhere, on the other side of the cave in...

Dead Slig littered the web entangled floor, being dragged and sorted into a pile by busy Paramite as the rest attempted to tear down this new stone divider within their nest. A massacre had a occured here earlier the moment that grenade went off. Paramite had swarmed in from the furthest reaches of the caves and viciously slaughtered the Slig attack squad, protecting their nest. The few that had survived retreated into one of the many small tunnels along the walls. One of these Slig, was Frex.

OOC: Bleh, feel I might have rushed this one, but it gets the job done. Sliguy, Relt's character still confuses me in how he ties in with the actual RPG's storyline, not just that of your characters. If these Slig are following under Vernon's orders, why did they stop performing their duties to bring Calvarr to Relt? Assuming Relt is working alongside/for Vernon, what's Relt's intentions behind being on a hunt originally intended for Darvek if he's out to kill Calvarr?

Not laying into you or anything, just would like to know a little bit more about this sideplot you've been establishing so I can learn how to better my posts to work with it.
01-20-2006, 07:15 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

Flaxis had at first tensed when the paramites had gotten near him and Sal, but when Sal had either bravely or stupidly handed one of the paramites a rock to carry away, the paramite took it, and the others formed a line. Flaxis shook his head. It had seemed like forever since he had offered Darvek a partnership. Flaxis caught movement out of the corner of his eye. He looked up, but all he saw was what looked like a flash of metal.

He looked back at the steadily diminishing rock pile. Frex was still putting up a fight, from the sounds, along with some of the other slig survivors. Finally, Sal yelled out in glee.

"I win! I win I win I win!" He said happily, doing a victory dance. In front of him was a small hole, just big enough for a de-pantsed slig to crawl through. The odd group quickly widened the hole, until Frex dived through it, along with two other sligs. One other attemped to claw his way out, but was grabbed by whatever was on the other side. The slig's screams was drowned out by the sound of shifting rock. Frenzied paramites jumped from Flaxis, Frex, and Sal's side to the other through the hole, most of them so big they jammed there way in. It was to much for the wall, and it collapsed with a bang.

Flaxis looked at Frex. He looked Hell-worn, and was breathing heavily. The other sligs who had made it stood, there, also breathing heavily. One of them approached Flaxis, and did a military-salute.

"Thank you for saving our lives, Steef. In return to this debt, we will leave now and tell no one where you are. If you are in need of us again, all you must do is find patrol 023. We will go to your aid." The slig said in it's raspy voice, and departed.

"Frex." Flaxis said quietly. "Where is Darvek?"

Frex looked oddly at him. "You mean he's not with you?" When Flaxis shook his head, Frex was about to speak when, out of nowhere, Darvek hurtled down like a meteor, landed on Sal's enourmous bag, and took off while they were still dazed. Sal seemed unaffected by the fall on his possesions, he even began dancing a more energetic victory dance, still yelling out his victory.

Wrex.

01-21-2006, 09:32 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Alright, so I have a lot of explaining to do on Relt, and I'll get to that later. Perhaps I sohlud re-do my last few posts since they got a bit screwed up.)
01-22-2006, 03:16 AM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while but I've been busy. I'll post first thing tomorow.

01-22-2006, 08:58 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Yeah, I'm goanna re-edit my first few posts. Sorry, but it's kinda hard to keep up with the storyline.)

Right when Relt had disappeared, dragged by the mysterious wind, Calvarr found himself quickly getting back to conciousness. But how could this be? He had just been stabbed in the chest, and thought he was dancing with Death right when it happened. He got up, covering the wound in his chest, and dragged along to the entrance of the cave.

He heard shouts, screams, and explosions. They tortured his mind, and made the pain worse. Getting harder to breathe, he dragged deeper into it. Passing up a few rotted cadavers, a sound came. It seemed to be a shout of joy, but he couldn't tell what the words were. Since he felt a stream of curiosity flow through him, he picked up the pace and found the shadow of a Mudokon doing a dance. It was Sal!

"Sal!" Calvarr yelled out.

"Heya Cal!" Sal yelled out as he came running toward him.

"Look," Calvarr started, "we gotta get outta here. We're being ambushed and this place is infested with Paramites. I just got stabbed by my arch rival who must be working with these Sligs." Calvarr stopped quickly to catch his breath from talking too fast.

"Looks like you had fun!" Replied Sal. Calvarr gave a long, angry glare at him after he said that.
01-22-2006, 04:24 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Frex looked around, he was in a state of confusion. The smell of death and fear was in the air. He left everyone behind and ran deep into the woods. he ran away from the noise, away from the cave, away from everything. This had to stop, Frex was so tired he suddenly stopped running and fell down dead. He looked up; the moonlight lighted small parts of the forest.

Frex saw the sky and trees blurr out. The distant screams turned into a whisper. His skin turned pale and he stopped seeing. Frex was in a strange deep sleep. Even stranger was the fact that he was aware of it but couldn't wake up.

01-23-2006, 12:39 AM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: I've noticed some of you seem to be confused by the storyline, so I've added an extra section to the main post entitled 'The Story So Far...' in which will give a short overview of everything that's happened in the RP to date.

I intend to update this whenever I have time in hopes it will prevent further confusion, continuity errors and possibly even make it easier for newcomers to join in the middle of roleplay.

I'll be adding another entry sometime tomorrow also.
01-23-2006, 03:37 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Thank You Thank You Thank you Tom! I was starting to wonder what was going on as well. My workload is starting to get havy as well, since I've got a history exam, Algebra exam, and Science test coming up. I'll post a new part as soon as I can.

Wrex.

01-26-2006, 03:19 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Perhaps I'll just make my next entry, since this thread is getting out of shape.)

Once Sal was done fiddling around, Calvarr grabbed him my the shoulders.

"Can we please focus on the problem ahead?" Calvarr asked. "The sun is about to rise and possibly both Relt and the Sligs want me dead. The bastard must have stolen my dagger, too. Now I'm just goanna get my bag and we'll scout through the cave."

"Sure thing, general." Replied Sal.

"Don't ever call me that again. Ever." Calvarr mentioned.

Calvarr went out of the cave to go quickly grab his bag. As he went, he noticed that the hole from the stab. 'Strange,' he thought, 'how did I heal this fast? Are all those blackouts and flashbacks related to my dagger? And Relt must have got me at least in between my ribs and possibly into one of my lungs. Well, if Relt stole my dagger, hopefully he'll feel my pain.'

He grabbed his bag. It still had all his poisons, flasks, and herbs in it as usual, but he found an iron kind of stick in there. It had two red jewels encrusted of each end, and the stick itself was about a foot long. It had a note attached to it, and the text and in a golden color. This is what it said:

CALVARR,

THIS WILL BE YOUR NEW WEAPON. USE IT FOR GOOD, NOT EVIL.

GRYT

He looked at it in wonder and awe. In his right hand, he stood up and grasped it. He flicked it out, and it had quickly shapped into a staff about five feet long.

"Woah!" Calvarr gasped. "A stave! From my father!"

"Hey Cal!" Sal yelled out. Calvarr turned around and saw Sal near the cave. "Coming?"

"Yeah, hold on." Calvarr replied as he zipped up his bag. He put it against his shoulder, and walked with the staff as support.

"Ooooo! What's that!" Asked Sal.

"Not sure." Calvarr replied. "But I will use it well."

-------------
MEANWHILE:
-------------

Relt got out of the stream and back onto land. The woods were silent, and the sun was soon going to peak out of the tall trees. He screamed out in rage, and slammed his fist on a nearby tree.

"Damnit!" He complained. "Calvarr and his silly little tricks! Well, at least I hope he's dead from my stab. Got his dagger too. Double the daggers, double the killing, and double the fun and rage!"

He took out Calvarr's dagger and looked at it. All of a sudden, a picture had flashed into his mind:

-
'He saw a bloodstained slig, lying on the ground his flies flying around it'
-

"What the?!" Relt had said. "That was...bizarre." Then, he saw another image:

-
'He saw a a shadowy figure that held out a large gun. He seemed to be pointing it at an innocent steef.

'No, NO!' The steef said. 'Please I don't wanna die!'

But the figure shot him, and the steef fell onto the ground.'
-

"Agh!" Relt said as he took hold of his head. "No! I need to get back to Vernon!" He dragged himself along the dirt, carrying the dagger at the same time. He held onto a tree, threw up onto the ground, and fainted. But very soon, he knew that he would wake up in blind rage, ready to kill once again.
01-28-2006, 03:38 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Frex was in total darkness. He heard his heartbeat. He didn't know what was happening. He was surrounded by nothing and couldn't escape. A faint light appeared before him. It was like the light at the end of a tunnel. the light grew bigger and images started appearing. They rushed past Frex and after a series of whoosing he woke up on the ground. It was morning.

Frex got up and remebered how he passed out. It was because a horrible pain in his head. He noticed his hand was bleeding uncontrolably. It must've been from when he was fighting off the paramites. One of the bit him when he was shooting a group of them.

'I've been poisoned.'Frex thought. He had to get to Calvarr. He knew a lot about poisons, maybe he could make an antidote. Frex started running back thorugh the forest, hoping he'd get back to the group.

OOC: Sorry about spelling mistakes. I cut my finger and I can't type properly.

01-29-2006, 04:14 AM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Guys, sorry but I'm taking a brief hiatus from the forums since hearing that a close relative of mine only has three more months to live due to cancer. Hope that clears up my absence as of late, but feel free to continue the RP without me for now and use Darvek as you see fit.

Let us assume he ran out of the caves and has currently resumed hiding in the woodlands until I return or you progress the story otherwise.

Last edited by TomFrogman; 01-29-2006 at 04:16 AM..
01-29-2006, 05:08 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Very sorry to hear that, TFM. I'll be posting my next reply as soon as I can.)
01-29-2006, 01:28 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Geez, I haven't posted a new part in a long time. Sorry, just haven't thought about the RPG section in a loooooooooooooong while. I'll post sometime soon.

Wrex.

01-29-2006, 02:07 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOc: I might not post anything in a while too, because, very sadly, I'm starting school in a new class and I'll be real busy.