i'm saying i got back to da forums!
09-18-2001, 07:58 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

yes but the RPG section IS NOT the place to do it. That sort of post is for the Off topic section.

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

09-20-2001, 06:27 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

in fact, he did do a post in OT as well, didn't he? which makes this one doubly redundant...

but anyway, let's hear no more about this, posts about spam are spam too...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

10-01-2001, 05:59 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

What's wrong with me?!! I forgot to put Volt in here!

Name: Voltian
Race: Draconar
Element: Electricty
Abilities: Electrical when storming or shortly after storm, psychic.
Physical Description: Lizardish and humanish body coverred in brown hair. Black braid on each side of head showing power, blue loin cloth, yellow lizard's eyes, sharp teeth, walks on two legs. I'm done.
Personality: Mysterious, yet usually friendly, Voltian is not someone to be against. He is vicious in battle and protective of his allies.

Yay.

[ October 01, 2001: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]

10-01-2001, 06:18 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

ugh... powers...

do you think we could possibly do without the teleportation? it's one of those powers that can make things a little boring...

10-01-2001, 07:07 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

*Smacks Dan with a wooden spoon* I never planned on using it, I just put it in there because I'm used to putting it in his profile and I did it rather qucikly. If it bugs ya enough, Ill edit it out. *Smack**Runs*

10-02-2001, 08:14 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

I'm in that kind of bleh frame of mind and can't be arsed to type this lot out.

Go here.

Aurora (Aura)

10-02-2001, 12:53 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

: Sep 2001
: Cali
: 36
SlogMaster  (10)

Wat^, i'm new here but who cares, here's me description:

Name: Slick
Species: Slig (BigBro)
Sex: Male
Markings: Light green with dark stripes
Size: twice as tall as a mudokon(look @ the pix 4 munch's oddesy

sorry g2g, class time i'll finsh ^ @ lunch

10-02-2001, 03:08 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

It's nutrition

Ummmm
Additude: Dark, Secretive, on side of mudokons (learned from the Raisin), like chic sligs

lemme check wat i'm missing

10-02-2001, 05:32 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

It's Lunch!!!
ummmm, wat U guys wanna know???

Equipment: the 4 legged pants thing, gas mask, Gun (the big 1), & Night vision; i know it sounds like alot, but that's what the aveage BigBro has

Powers: idk, Smarter Than The Average Slig, wat am i supposed 2 say?

w/e, i guess that's it, tell me if there's NEthing else U wanna know, oh yea, and Teal, a/s/l???

10-02-2001, 05:35 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

& just 4 UR Nfo, i don't mean smater then all sligs, just the average slig

10-02-2001, 05:40 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

Black Dragon  (10)

*Flies in* I don't mean to be a bug, but ya know those icons above your post? One of those is "edit" which allows you to edit your post without having to post another message, as doing that over and over is considered spam. Since you're new, we'll letcha off the hook, K? Just keep that in mind. *Flies out*

Edit: Ahhaha, I had to edit my own post, I'm so stupid!

Voltian: *Sigh* Get back to work, you!!

Make me!! *Unleashes White Flame*

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: Black Dragon ]

10-02-2001, 05:45 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

thanx 4 the N fo, i'll do it @ home i got geometry ttyl

10-02-2001, 06:26 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

umm... i don't mean to be a bug either, but when you're posting in character, would you mind not using shorthand? i don't mind you using it at times like now, but when you do post in character, it could be confusing, so don't okay? thanks...

10-02-2001, 06:48 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

since Teb is currently unavailable as a result of being in prison, i have decided to promote Olm to the temporary status of Main Character...

Name: Olm
Species: Mudokon
Residence: Pyke
Occupation: Surgeon/General GP, with a sideline in mechanics [after all, slig pants break down occasionally, and in Pyke they can't exactly get hold of new ones too easily...] He is also quite interested in medical research, particularly genetics.
Physical Description: Quite tall and wiry, with dexderous[sp] fingers, but not much brute strength.
Special Skills/Abilities: Has a talent for Technology, which makes him close to unique in a native town like Pyke...
Personality: Generally quite easy-going, although at the moment he is under a lot of stress [see below] and consequently has little patience...
General: As near a thing as you'll get in Pyke to a Magogophile, while Olm hates the Cartel as much as the next mudokon, he is very keen on technology, and has contacts in the big cities, who keep him up to date with the latest technologies, particularly medical ones. Unknown to everyone else in the village [until recently], much of the medicine he uses is actually stolen for him by his contacts in the Vykkers' Labs. He likes this fact to remain a secret, as some of the hardened Magogophobes [such as Arim, the owner of Pyke's Restaurant and Bar] would actually refuse treatment if they found out.

10-02-2001, 11:40 PM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

thanks, for showing me the ropes there, one question though, what are we allowed to say? Is there any thing unappropriate that you guys don't want to hear? Also, if there's anything i left out on my character description, tell me
thanks

edit: a little background on my character:

Slick was once just another slig working for the glucks, but once he was possesed in an escape attempt by the mudokons. Some how, he didn't explode when the mudokon chanted out and Slicks brain retained some of the information that the mudokon knew. These new concepts puzzeled Slick, he asked mudokon slaves about this information he knew in exchange for a some what safer and easier job. He later found out about the "all knowing Raisin". He snuck out on night and after weeks of searching, he eventually found the Raisin. The Raisin knew about him already and showed him truth. he decided to be on the side of the mudokons, though he still works as a security guard/slog keeper, but just to keep his cover, give the mudokons the latest info, and technology to aid mudokon uprisings.

also, he knows how to chant, but kan only posses slogs, scrabs, paramites, and some sligs. tell me if you want me to limit these things though

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: SlogMaster ]

10-03-2001, 12:02 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

here in the RPG you can say just about anything I think...provided it is only in character.
You can do just about anything as well...just keep god type stuff out of it, we had a bad run in with that and dont want to have that happen again. Also...keep the sexually explicit(sp) stuff out as well. Blood and gore is ok as far as I can tell...Rettick hasn't bashed me on my Malice topics yet. I'm sure he'll mention whether I missed. Have fun! Oh and like BD said...beware of Malice...

Malice: oooo new blood to mangle...

*whacks Malice with a frying pan, knocking him out*

sure I can keep him away from you in here...but in the actual RPG I can't guarnintee(sp) your safty *grins and laughs evilly*

10-03-2001, 02:19 AM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

hey, don't mean to spam, but how do these games work, do we actually work out HPs and attacks & stuff; or do we work out a story line? Talk to you guys later, oh and also, wat do tou mean god stuff?, religious arguments or charactors being gods? I'll keep out all god stuff, but i was just curious :confuzzled:

how do i get banners on the bottom of my post?????; and, about the ages of characters, if a slig was 15, what would that be like to a human?????

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: SlogMaster ]

10-03-2001, 02:37 AM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

there are no stats, we work out a plot in a fic like format. Read some of the previous topics and you'll see what I mean.
and Yeah...I mean god stuff as in god characters and god like powers and abilites. Those have been banned, so have dragons for that matter...(though dragon mixes are still allowed...thats what my currect two mains are (Spider and Malice; they are a mix of slig, paramite and dragon).

10-03-2001, 06:48 AM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

*reads Olm's profile again*

Heh, geting stuff from Vykkers? Sounds a bit like Xar's little protection racket, uhm, I mean, 'arrangement'... *wonders if the Pyke surgery and Medcentre would ever end up collaborating on anything... gets visions of the NHS and immediately decides it's not a good idea*

Oh, and SlogMaster ?
Which way round do you mean "if a slig was 15" ? Well, lemme see if I got this right... We worked out that slig probably mature pretty damn fast as they don't live long, so if a slig was of equivalent age to a 15 year old human, they'd only be about one Oddworldian year old. On the other hand, if you meant if a slig was 15 Oddly years old, he'd be the equivalent of probably a 60-70 year old human (Basing it on a 80-90 year life expectancy).

10-03-2001, 11:48 AM
SlogMaster
Stunk

SlogMaster  (10)

Thanks, i guess in that case i'll change my age to about 1 year old (Oddworldian years). And about the question i asked about play style, even though i read some of your old RPGs before, i wasn't sure because i saw 1 oddworld RPG where they did work out all the attacks and so on; and since my old post doesn't say anything about my character, i'll just delete it, & i'll update my original character description. Thanks

edit ooooops, didn't know i couldn't delete my own post, but who's our "leader", the edit page says he can, would that be Rettic?

[ October 03, 2001: Message edited by: SlogMaster ]

10-03-2001, 02:50 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

Sl'askia  (10)

yes Rettick is are moderator for the RPG.

I started a fresh topic for character descriptions. Plz transfer your character descriptions there. The new topic is only for character descriptions, if you have questions ask them in this topic or in a fresh one.

10-03-2001, 03:12 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

the way i worked it out, sligs [like mudokons] have approximately one quarter to one third of the average human lifespan, so a 5-year-old slig would be roughly equivalent to a 15-year-old human, whereas a 15-year-old slig would be roughly equivalent to a 40/50/60-year old human [the huge inequalities in oddworld life lead to massive differences in lifespans, which lead to a variety of different metabolisms. sligs working for the Cartel are likely to have a longer lifespan - say 30/35 years - than native sligs, who would live to about 20, if that clears anything up...]

10-05-2001, 06:30 PM
super_slig
Bolamite

: Aug 2001
: 74
super_slig  (10)

Okay. Here's a "backup" character (would you call that a support?) Just in case. These characters can be killed, I'll make up more as they are killed. (They must be in a topic when they are killed, though; otherwise, I won't allow you to kill him/her.)

Name:Tammy
Species: Crossbreed of Dragon, Charmander (hey, I have to let a fellow Pokemon in here sometime, don't I?), and Scrab
Appearance: Charmander's dimensions, brown in color, with darker dragon like wings Has four legs like a Scrab. Can speak Scrab language. Can also understand Pokemon language.
General: What can I say? These characters are created to die.

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: super_slig ]