Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Jul 2001
: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
Originally posted by sligface202
meat does not only com from cows ya know!
Really? You're kidding!
02-26-2002, 05:51 PM
sligface202
Sniper Wasp

: Jan 2002
: Slig Barracks
: 258
sligface202  (10)

no i'm not kidding!

02-26-2002, 06:01 PM
Huge_Bro_Slig
Fuzzle

: Feb 2002
: uk
: 131
Huge_Bro_Slig  (10)

if u hate the slaughtering of animails so much how come u went to that hunting thing
02-26-2002, 06:25 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

HBS obviously didn't read the topic... sorry, but it's true.
02-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I cant believe people dint kn0 that meat not only came from Cows but other animals (If they were being sarky then ok) But u can get it from Kangaroo, Goat, Pig, Ostrich, Gorilla, Chimp etc. etc. Although i find it horrible the way they kill the animals...i would still eat meat...you need it until your around 18 years old.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-26-2002, 08:11 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

: Apr 2001
: Rochester, New York
: 2,810
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR  (11)

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Your friend was likely suffering from Anemia, a disease caused by iron defficiency. Being a vegetarian means you must still eat the right foods, not just pick and choose any non-meat product you stumble upon. Soy, lentils, tofu, chikpeas, lima beans, swiss chard and many more are examples of delicious foods that supply you with more than enough iron.
Actually, she did not suffer from anemia. Anemia is when you have few red blood cells, which causes less hemoglobin in the blood and less oxygen. she was just an average vegetarian who looked awful. You can get iron from dark green vegetables which she ate alot from the salads.

:
On average, vegetarians live ten years longer than meat eaters[/B]
No, my great grandma is still alive and she's really old and she is a meat eater . That's just statistics no research has been shown for that.

:
You are corect: your body needs fats, but your body doesn't need animal fats.Bioavailable is a slippery term that reminds me of words used in ads for moisturiser: "rejuvicell technology" and "retroactive." All of those minerals can easily be obtained through the right vegetables.Meat is not important. I am healthy and don't eat it. The supposed benefits of meat are overshadowed with the harmful effects it has on your body. [/B]
No offense, but the vegetarians I saw were pale, skinny, face all sunken in, zombish, they looked scary and the people who eat meat look healthy. I think I read your post and you described yourself as that way am I right Sydney? Yeah meat can be a benefit. it's in the food pyramid right? You can't get that much fat from meat. Why do these people look like ghost then?

Eating meat is good, unless you don't eat too much of it then it can be harmful. Like the iron pill example I gave you.

I'm not forcing you to not eat meat Sydney. I'm just telling you why I prefer not to be a vegetarian. Also, do you see lion vegetarians? No because they don't care. They just wanna eat us.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 02-26-2002 at 12:14 PM..
02-26-2002, 08:24 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Surfacing
Syd i don't know about you, but i would rather be eating meat than smoking weed dude,which is also illigal! Least eating meat don't **** up your lungs or cause's you lung cancer (ignore this if you don't smoke weed).
Neither does Cannabis. Clearly, you haven't done your research...

Okay, I have had this argument a lot, and I'm quite sick of it. I'm not going to respond to anything else specific that people have said, I'll just give you a few basic facts and points.

1. Vegetarians do not just eat fruits and vegetables. That is a common misconception, held by morons. Vegetarians eat all foods except for meat.

2. There is nothing (repeat: nothing) in meat that cannot otherwise be obtained from other sources.

3. With current meat alternatives, like Quorn and Soya, vegetarianism is not a difficult lifestyle to live in the Western World. Anyone who becomes ill as a result of vegetarianism (unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as lactose-intolerance, a gluten allergy, or poverty), is simply unbelievably lazy and unhealthy.

4. Just because Humans evolved eating meat does not mean that it is necessary or morally right. Humans evolved slaughtering each other over food and territory. At the risk of sounding american, Go Figure...

5. Lions, foxes, etc. eat meat because they have no choice. Apart from not having access to healthy alternatives, their teeth and digestive systems are simply not set up to cope with a non-carnivorous diet. Ours are.

6. I am not a militant vegetarian. I simply hate militant carnivores...

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

02-26-2002, 08:31 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)
Uhuh

I know wot u mean Dan about that Weed smoking thing. T'is real annoying when people compare it to cocaine and say its jus' as bad...when it really isn't.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

02-26-2002, 08:31 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Danny
Neither does Cannabis. Clearly, you haven't done your research...

Okay, I have had this argument a lot, and I'm quite sick of it. I'm not going to respond to anything else specific that people have said, I'll just give you a few basic facts and points.

1. Vegetarians do not just eat fruits and vegetables. That is a common misconception, held by morons. Vegetarians eat all foods except for meat.

2. There is nothing (repeat: nothing) in meat that cannot otherwise be obtained from other sources.

3. With current meat alternatives, like Quorn and Soya, vegetarianism is not a difficult lifestyle to live in the Western World. Anyone who becomes ill as a result of vegetarianism (unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as lactose-intolerance, a gluten allergy, or poverty), is simply unbelievably lazy and unhealthy.

4. Just because Humans evolved eating meat does not mean that it is necessary or morally right. Humans evolved slaughtering each other over food and territory. At the risk of sounding american, Go Figure...

5. Lions, foxes, etc. eat meat because they have no choice. Apart from not having access to healthy alternatives, their teeth and digestive systems are simply not set up to cope with a non-carnivorous diet. Ours are.

6. I am not a militant vegetarian. I simply hate militant carnivores...
1. It's not a misconception held by morons! Some vegetarians don't eat dairy products because it came from animals. Whos' the moron, now.

2. What?

3. How would you know? Have you seen any veggies like that? My friend would just eat salads and excercise and she looked like a ghost. Believe me, she's not lazy. She has no fat on her and it's scary.

4. You don't know that.

5. You don't know why they are carnivores. Because of teeth and no choice? C'mon, weeaaak. Why are lions carnivores and not an innocent lamb?

6. You can't just eat meat. How can you? I could'nt! I am not saying that you strictly have to eat meat. I think I need alittle bit of everything. (bread, dairy, fat, veggies, fruits)

02-26-2002, 08:54 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by sligface202
Also,yes onion breath smells bad,i once ate a onion and steak sandwich and suddenly!...My minty fresh breath had gone bad!It actually smelled like crap!
LOL Yeah, that's what happen to my last time. My aunt made me carrot and onion jucie (yuck) the juice just overpowered the carrots! I mean, even the power of toothpaste and mouth wash did not help!

02-26-2002, 08:57 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR

1. It's not a misconception held by morons! Some vegetarians don't eat dairy products because it came from animals. Whos' the moron, now.

2. What?

3. How would you know? Have you seen any veggies like that? My friend would just eat salads and excercise and she looked like a ghost. Believe me, she's not lazy. She has no fat on her and it's scary.

4. You don't know that.

5. You don't know why they are carnivores. Because of teeth and no choice? C'mon, weeaaak. Why are lions carnivores and not an innocent lamb?

6. You can't just eat meat. How can you? I could'nt! I am not saying that you strictly have to eat meat. I think I need alittle bit of everything. (bread, dairy, fat, veggies, fruits)
1. They are Vegans, not Vegetarians. So don't call me a moron, I didn't call you one. I simply used the term to describe people who thought like that. I didn't realise you did...

2. Don't try the old "I don't understand what you're saying" trick... You're not fooling anyone...

3. I don't know your friend, no. Is there something wrong with her? Is she lactose-intolerant or gluten-allergenic? Does she come from a poor family? If there is no other reason, then it is laziness. You can't live on Salads...

4. Yes I do.

5. Lambs have the right teeth and digestive system. Unlike you, I believe Biologists, instead of thinking I know better...

6. Of course you can't just eat meat. By "Militant Carnivore", I meant those people who think it is their Moral Right, nay, Duty to eat meat...

02-26-2002, 11:16 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

2. No, I really don't know what you are talking about! Explain what you meant. So don't think everytime I say "what I don't understand" does not mean anything. Why do you get so aggresive about it?

3. I know you can't. Some people do and try to.

4. No you don't if people evolve from eating meat. I don't even know. People do slaughter food and territory sometimes based on ingorance and sometimes hate. There's alot of issues. Those are choices, we did'nt evolve from those things. People choice to slaughter. Some people want peace.

5. No, I asked WHY do lambs eat veggies while lions eat meat? Why don't lions eat veggies and lambs eat meat. Why were lions made to eat meat and why not vegetables.

02-26-2002, 11:30 PM
Statikk HDM
Outlaw Flamer

: Two Rivers
: 2,519
Statikk HDM  (40)
Do you go the whole hog while you eat, oh righteous veggies(pun intended)

Well, how vegetarian are you? I'm aware that a lot of them go here, so I wondered: Do you eat fish and or other seafood? If you do, isn't that a little like slaughtering "innocent" livestock? Do you eat dairy? I knew someone who will not touch it, because it makes the animals slaves and sometimes the cows are treated with bovine growth hormone! Have you ever "eaten a carcass", you know, succumbed to temptation and partaken of animal/ Anyone ever slip meat or meat products into your food as a joke(albeit a twisted one) I'm sorry for being inquistitive and nosy but inquiring minds need to know!
02-27-2002, 02:47 AM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
Actually, she did not suffer from anemia. Anemia is when you have few red blood cells, which causes less hemoglobin in the blood and less oxygen. she was just an average vegetarian who looked awful. You can get iron from dark green vegetables which she ate alot from the salads.
I know that iron deficiency leads to anemia, and that some symptoms of the disease are pale skin and hair falling out. I know many vegetarians, and the "average" one does not get the symptoms you described.
:
No, my great grandma is still alive and she's really old and she is a meat eater . That's just statistics no research has been shown for that.
I said "on average", there will always be exceptions for individuals. Statistics are formed through research.
:
No offense, but the vegetarians I saw were pale, skinny, face all sunken in, zombish, they looked scary and the people who eat meat look healthy. I think I read your post and you described yourself as that way am I right Sydney?
No offence taken. Like I said, I know many vegetarians and they all look healthy to me. I am naturally pale, meat or not. My skin is susceptable to burn so I wear sunscreen.

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM
Well, how vegetarian are you? I'm aware that a lot of them go here, so I wondered: Do you eat fish and or other seafood? If you do, isn't that a little like slaughtering "innocent" livestock? Do you eat dairy? I knew someone who will not touch it, because it makes the animals slaves and sometimes the cows are treated with bovine growth hormone! Have you ever "eaten a carcass", you know, succumbed to temptation and partaken of animal/ Anyone ever slip meat or meat products into your food as a joke(albeit a twisted one) I'm sorry for being inquistitive and nosy but inquiring minds need to know!
I don't eat meat of any kind, meaning no fish or chicken either. I do consume dairy products, as I've yet to be convinced that it is inhumane to milk cows. Of course it gets complicated and there are many ways you can look at it. I only eat the eggs that our pet hen lays. "Succumbed to temptation"??? No, the very smell of cooking meat makes my stomach churn. It's repulsive. I ate meat when I was younger, before becoming a vegetarian.

02-27-2002, 07:37 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

:
1. They are Vegans, not Vegetarians. So don't call me a moron, I didn't call you one. I simply used the term to describe people who thought like that. I didn't realise you did...
:
Why do you get so aggresive about it?

LOL, *starts to sing the odd couple music!*

DA DUM DI DUM DA DUM, DUM DA DUM DUM DI DUM DUM!

02-27-2002, 11:37 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
No offense, but the vegetarians I saw were pale, skinny, face all sunken in, zombish, they looked scary and the people who eat meat look healthy. I think I read your post and you described yourself as that way am I right Sydney? Yeah meat can be a benefit. it's in the food pyramid right? You can't get that much fat from meat. Why do these people look like ghost then?
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! that's true!

Wrex.

02-27-2002, 05:13 PM
dark_xinos
Grubb Fisherman

: Jan 2002
: Sweden
: 963
dark_xinos  (27)

Mets jummy, so il eat it.
02-27-2002, 05:21 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)
Mad

:
Originally posted by mitsur
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! that's true!
Yay!!!!!!! No it isn't!

02-27-2002, 06:22 PM
DarkHoodness
Page 7, Post 199

: In a box.
: 3,438
DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)DarkHoodness  (2104)

:
I'm a vegitarian, and I tell you, do *I* look like a ghost? No? Well, there you go then!
Infact the only reason I look pale at this point in time is because I have flu, but thats not the point.
- DH

02-27-2002, 07:22 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
At the risk of sounding american, Go Figure...
Danny, please stop. If your only trying to make fun of Dubya, than just say so. I really don't give a flying %#&$ what you say about him.
02-27-2002, 07:35 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

:
2. No, I really don't know what you are talking about! Explain what you meant. So don't think everytime I say "what I don't understand" does not mean anything. Why do you get so aggresive about it?

3. I know you can't. Some people do and try to.

4. No you don't if people evolve from eating meat. I don't even know. People do slaughter food and territory sometimes based on ingorance and sometimes hate. There's alot of issues. Those are choices, we did'nt evolve from those things. People choice to slaughter. Some people want peace.

5. No, I asked WHY do lambs eat veggies while lions eat meat? Why don't lions eat veggies and lambs eat meat. Why were lions made to eat meat and why not vegetables.
2. Oh, sorry. I thought I had made it clear. It's hard to think of a way to make it any simpler... Ok, let me put it this way. You know that we need certain things from foods, right? Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, Vitamins, and Minerals, etc. Now, Meat contains some of these things. However, everything that can be obtained from meat can also be obtained from other food sources. Clear?

4. People choose to eat meat as well. That doesn't make any difference.

5. That question means nothing to me, because I do not believe that Lions and Lambs were "made" at all. I believe they evolved. You believe God created one. Therefore, this point has no future, so there is no point in even attempting to explain it...

:
Originally posted by Statikk HDM:
Well, how vegetarian are you? I'm aware that a lot of them go here, so I wondered: Do you eat fish and or other seafood?(6) Do you eat dairy?(7) I knew someone who will not touch it, because it makes the animals slaves and sometimes the cows are treated with bovine growth hormone! Have you ever "eaten a carcass", you know, succumbed to temptation and partaken of animal(8)
6. No. For health reasons as well as ethical reasons. Do you know how much waste is pumped into the sea? When you eat a fish, you are chowing down on other people's used condoms...

7. Yes. Like Sydney, I have yet to be convinced of its cruelty.

8. I didn't become vegetarian until I was about 7 or so (I forget precisely). So yes, I have eaten meat (or whatever colourful metaphor you wish to assign the activity). However, I no longer see any temptation in eating meat. Foul stuff... [I did once eat a piece of Bacon fried in Beer, for curiosity's sake. My justification is that it no longer really deserved to be called food, let alone meat... Anyway, it was disgusting, so I won't be doing that again...]

:
Originally posted by Dark Hood:
I'm a vegitarian, and I tell you, do *I* look like a ghost?
Well, I didn't want to mention it...

:
Originally posted by Searex:
Danny, please stop. If your only trying to make fun of Dubya, than just say so. I really don't give a flying %#&$ what you say about him.
I honestly had no idea anyone would take offense at that. I wasn't making fun of anyone, I was just showing everyone that I was aware that I was using an Americanism, as I am irritated when other English people do it. I have nothing against Americans at all (in general - don't start me on Dubya)...

02-27-2002, 08:13 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

On the subject of vegetarians looking like ghosts...

I have never met a vegetarian or vegan who looks like they have mal-nutrition.
I haven't met many people who look like they have mal-nutrition.
02-27-2002, 09:47 PM
PinkHaired Mudokon CWR
Outlaw Hunter

:
Originally posted by Sydney
Yay!!!!!!! No it isn't!
Yay!!! Sometimes it is!

I'm a meat-eater. I'm healthy. I'm not fat. That's not true that vegetarians live longer than meat eaters. There was this dude who was highly healthy in eating fruits and vegetables. Doctor said he was healthy. He dropped dead. Can you explain that?

:
I'm a vegitarian, and I tell you, do *I* look like a ghost? No? Well, there you go then!
Like I said before..NO COMMENT! Bwahahahah!

:
I did once eat a piece of Bacon fried in Beer
LOL, Yuck! homer simpson fan aren't we? You can be the next Martha Stewarts.

Last edited by PinkHaired Mudokon CWR; 02-27-2002 at 01:53 PM..
02-28-2002, 12:13 PM
Doug
Rabid Fuzzle

: Oct 2001
: West Goshen, PA, USA
: 504
Doug  (10)

:

My dictionary defines "vegetarian" as "a person who eats no meat, and sometimes no animal products (as milk, eggs, etc.) . . . ."

I think that it is a reasonable and logical perspective that veganism is a subset of vegetarianism, which also includes ovo-lacto-vegetarianism, lacto-vegetarianism, etc. According to this perspective, it is true that some (or most, if you prefer) vegetarians eat all foods except meat. But not all.

You are within your rights, of course, to consider veganism as completely different from vegetarianism. But I think what you call a "misconception" is actually a difference of perspective as to the structural hierarchy of dietary preference, and I don't think that people who hold that perspective are "morons." Consider also the possibility that some people who hold misconceptions are perfectly intelligent people that haven't taken a particular interest in a subject and aren't as well-informed.

Last edited by Doug; 02-28-2002 at 11:09 AM..
02-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)

:
I'm a meat-eater. I'm healthy. I'm not fat. That's not true that vegetarians live longer than meat eaters. There was this dude who was highly healthy in eating fruits and vegetables. Doctor said he was healthy. He dropped dead. Can you explain that?
Electricution, over-dose, bus, AK-47, Socom, rail gun, metiorite, vacuum, cats, hyaenas, alien abduction, stick insects, vampire bats, boredom, he thought he was going to sleep but it was only a euphamism, a trouser-releated accident, he watched an ITV 'documentary' with the suffix 'From Hell', Xbox deficiency, a trajic F9000 Anti-Gravity Racing League accident.
Need I list more? (please say yes, that was fun!)

---

Hmm, I suppose you have a point there, Doug.
This is how I see it,
Dietary habits
- Vegitarianism - A dietary habit in its own right
-- Veganism - A subsection of the Vegitarianism dietary habit but...but...Damn your stable logical arguments! I'm not used to attempting to dis-prove logical arguments in topics which Quorhisha contributes to!
02-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

Sydney  (32)

:
You're a healthy meat eater - good for you. But statistically, vegetarians do live longer than meat eaters. Gluk's already answered the later part of your paragraph.

02-28-2002, 07:53 PM
Tex
Bolamite

: North Carolina, USA
: 53
Tex  (10)
Cmon now...no meat?

God created us as (some word I can't remember)avores, so, I eat meat..
02-28-2002, 08:02 PM
Gluk Schmuck

Gluk Schmuck  (11)
Re: Cmon now...no meat?

:
Originally posted by Tex
God created us 1 as (some word I can't remember)avores2, so, I eat meat..3
1. That is completely subjective.

2. Omnivores is the word you're looking for

3. Because of your omnivority you have a choice of whether or not to eat meat
02-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Tex
Bolamite

: North Carolina, USA
: 53
Tex  (10)

Kay, let me refraise that....

I eat meat.
02-28-2002, 08:55 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

I apologise if my terminology was wrong, Doug. I was pissed off because I have had this discussion several times over the past few weeks, and there's alway someone who confuses Vegetarianism with Veganism. And they are generally morons, although that may just be coincidence...

As for what Quorisha said: Well, Sydney and Tom have already taken care of that...