Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

05-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Hulaabeo
Grubb Fisherman

: Jul 2007
: Ontario, Canada.
: 997
Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)Hulaabeo  (225)

Can't wait, looked like a real game for a second there.
05-31-2011, 06:49 PM
edward982
Chippunk

: Dec 2010
: Cork, Ireland
: 21
edward982  (10)

I decided I'd work on the skins and make some mixes. My mod will be based around several Mudokon tribes coming together to bring down the amassing Glukkon forces which seek to bring them into enslavement

The warpaint is based on several pictures of Tribal body paintings I have seen pictures of in which the whole body is painted as a display to intimidate the opponent, this explains the variations of colour, while native green Mudokons are present too.

05-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Skibur
Chippunk

: Mar 2007
: Australia
: 27
Skibur  (58)

So are you ripping the models from Munch's Oddysee? Do you need to edit the mesh much? Do you rig and skin them?

I haven't done anything with mods, but I'm interested in them.
06-01-2011, 04:10 AM
edward982
Chippunk

: Dec 2010
: Cork, Ireland
: 21
edward982  (10)

The models are ripped from Munchs Oddysee, I figure if gmod are doing it then I can too ;-)

The models are all altered slightly in 3ds max, there's a nice tool in the oblivion toolkit that let's you import them directly retaining the rigging structure. I then use the original bones and place them in a new T pose in accordance with the new skeleton. Then convert to poly, weld the broken seams and rig.

When done correctly it works out really well, the edge flow on these models isn't the best, the model looks a it rushed and edges aren't distributed evenly which can make animations look dodgy but with a bit of weighting this is easily fixed.

For the moment I'm just ripping the models and replacing units. I will be innneed of a coder soon enough to cover the special powers etc. I've purposely steered away from the heroes until I get the basic units done first, cos I always lose interest after I plug the heroes in but so far I aim to have one new unit per day.