Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Help

05-24-2006, 08:21 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

: Dec 2005
: Behind your back
: 1,283
skillya_glowi  (54)

Good idea, Zerox. Whatever it is, it's uber cool that you can play through the whole game with infinite grenades or rocks or meat pieces or whatever...

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

05-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

No, you have to start from Rupture farms 2. Which sucks. I was really looking forward to blowing the c*ap out of those Scrabs. Or maybe Elum at the end of Scrabania. And the Slogs. But you can blow Elum up at the end of Paramonia anyway. Mines+follow me=funny.
The bulletproof vest in AE started me at Feeco, which is more reasonable, as you are closer to areas where you'll really need it eg. Slig Barracks. But you can use the invincibility code anyway, making that useless.
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

I just said that you get infinite rocks in Paramonia, Scrabania, the Free-Fire Zone, and the Scrabanian Temple and infinite meat in Paramonian Temple. You don't get infinite grenades everywhere.

"Did you know I have a dart board with certain peoples pictures on it from OWF? I show my love for them in a special way."
-ILoveHammy

05-25-2006, 07:20 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

For the last time there is no bulletproofing in AE

05-25-2006, 11:53 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

:
I just said that you get infinite rocks in Paramonia, Scrabania, the Free-Fire Zone, and the Scrabanian Temple and infinite meat in Paramonian Temple. You don't get infinite grenades everywhere.
Yeah, but I started again right from the return to Rupturefarms, so I wouldn't be able to get to Scrabania or anything at all.
:
For the last time there is no bulletproofing in AE
I think it actually gives you invincibility. It worked for me. But I used a 'cheat' by killing an extra 30 or so Mudokons (you can do this by using the invincibility code and repeatedly completing the Feeco Depot Aslik part, and the 10 Mudokons reappear each time you do it), so I ended up with other 300 dead. That's how I got it to work, if that's the sense of it you mean. Otherwise, I do belive it gives you invincibility, as like if the code was actually activated.

Last edited by Zerox; 05-25-2006 at 11:57 PM..
05-26-2006, 08:47 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

With the grenades, yes.

-ILoveHammy

05-28-2006, 02:09 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
Yeah, but I started again right from the return to Rupturefarms, so I wouldn't be able to get to Scrabania or anything at all.

I think it actually gives you invincibility. It worked for me. But I used a 'cheat' by killing an extra 30 or so Mudokons (you can do this by using the invincibility code and repeatedly completing the Feeco Depot Aslik part, and the 10 Mudokons reappear each time you do it), so I ended up with other 300 dead. That's how I got it to work, if that's the sense of it you mean. Otherwise, I do belive it gives you invincibility, as like if the code was actually activated.
Yeah...you activated the invincibility code and it gave you invincibility...not the killing Muds. I got the message that "The Glukkons have made you bulletproof to fit your new job description" but alas I was not bulletproof

05-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

Maybe it's some sort of in game glitch that they didn't fix, or they forgot to put it into the game and had to hurridly release it, hoping that the message in the manual would discourage them from trying then getting angered.
05-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

OWI didn't try to focus around AE. Prehaps there were times that OWI didn't bother to check for glitches. I found the most glitches in AE is in the end.

05-29-2006, 02:51 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
OWI didn't try to focus around AE. Prehaps there were times that OWI didn't bother to check for glitches. I found the most glitches in AE is in the end.
That's the only glitch I've found...pls give details of others

05-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

In my experience, one of the Zulags green light was off. It was not in the right place in the light area. Also, like Zerox said, you could kill 300 Mudokons in the Aslik part of Feeco Depot. I remember there was also some one said that he could save over 300 Mudokons. He brought pictures too. I will send them in a moment.

06-01-2006, 09:01 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

I don't think the Feeco thing is really a true glitch, it's just possible using invincibility to get the programming to do that. If teh doors didn't shut for Slig Barrakcs or Bonewerks, then you would be able to do it multiple times by deactivating the electric fields, but normally you can't. So no special reinforcing codes were put in to specifically prevent this glitch. As I said, a side effect.

There's plent of glitches available. One good one is getting things stuck behind walls. For instance, possess the Slig at the beggining of the Paramonion temple in AO, then pull the lever to lower the pulley. Tell the Slog to "git 'im" if you said "here boy" and it will run of the edge (if there's no enemies around for the Slog to attack, it runs a few steps forward anyway). Pull the lever again the bring the pulley back, and when you go down, the Slog will be one the other side of the wall. You canh't even shoot it. You may be able to get it to run off to the left, whence it will disappear. I got Abe and Elum stuck like this once, and had to reset it. If this happens on AO, save it first so that you will start at the beggining of the path when you reload the game. If (I don't know if you can) this happens in AE, just restart path.
06-02-2006, 12:16 AM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

i found a glitch on AE where you go down the lift bout 3 times throwing bones to slogs so they dont eat you and pull the pulley and the gate shuts, i had a mud on the side of the gate with the slog, and the slog jumped, killed the mud, and went through the gate!

06-03-2006, 10:52 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

LOL.
If someone could, I was thinking it would be interesting if someone could switch the game mechanics from the first two games, so you have different gamespeak, and maybe Elum in AE! That would be interesting...
Maybe if there's a PS1 gameshark or summat, a "have Elum anywhere" cheat (press select and it appears or summat) would be interesting. Run away from the Scarbs on it. If they can kill you on it, that is.
Just a random thought.
06-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: UK
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

:
…a "have Elum anywhere" cheat…
That would have limited application. Elum was the biggest character in Abe's Oddysee in terms of programming, and the few screens he was on in the game were very carefully scripted to make sure everything ran smoothly. Introducing Elum to much busier screens would likely crash the game.

Not that I wouldn't be interested in the results of such experimentation.

06-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

But would it crash if run on a system with higher capabilities, like a PS3 or Alienware computer?

06-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

It may depend more on the actual game's capabilities of data at any one time.
06-10-2006, 03:55 AM
leocrow
Fuzzle

: Aug 2005
: Ioannina, Greece
: 141
leocrow  (36)

well,both games run perfectly ok on my old p1 133mhz computer so i doubt that in newer systems it would have a problem. but i am not a programmer so my guess is as good as any

06-10-2006, 04:42 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

It may also depend, even on a newer system, that system would still have to be coping with the praphics, which will be higher res than nay earlier games, so there ya go.
06-13-2006, 08:36 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
well,both games run perfectly ok on my old p1 133mhz computer so i doubt that in newer systems it would have a problem. but i am not a programmer so my guess is as good as any
They are suggesting adding stuff which takes up more space and might crash the game.

06-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

:
That would have limited application. Elum was the biggest character in Abe's Oddysee in terms of programming, and the few screens he was on in the game were very carefully scripted to make sure everything ran smoothly. Introducing Elum to much busier screens would likely crash the game.

Not that I wouldn't be interested in the results of such experimentation.
I always thought that Sligs were the ones who had the most programming. If you watch carefully, some Sligs shoot much faster than others. In other conditions, you would have to make sure the gamespeak of Sligs functioned well. Some Slogs are impossible to control, but others aren't. Some only have the ability to shoot on the backround and not backround shooting.

Though that I see your point. Elum have to be controllable, not shootable, ridable, and separtable. Plus, they have to appear with Abe on checkpoints. I agree that some Sligs don't have so much script than Elum, but I don't really think it makes all the difference.

06-17-2006, 02:36 AM
leocrow
Fuzzle

: Aug 2005
: Ioannina, Greece
: 141
leocrow  (36)

:
They are suggesting adding stuff which takes up more space and might crash the game.
i know,that what i was talking about too. if the games as they are work perfectly good on my old pc, then newer pc would have no problem with added stuff like more elums (not everywhere,just where they can be used, or just for fan) or paramites with scrabs. anyway something like that will never happen, they do not seem like the types to rework the old games,they will most likely choose to turn their attention to new games

06-19-2006, 09:11 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Sorry for not following the flow of conversation, but you can start the game with infinite grenades. Like I said, all you have to do is load the game where you just got infinite grenades, then use them in some way, then exit out. Then you choose "RuptureFarms" from the level select menu. DON't Throw Anything or Even Press "Z" just yet. Get to the nearest grenade machine, take a grenade, and then you will have infinity.

Sorry for being off topic. I just found that out.

-ILoveHammy

06-26-2006, 02:50 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

Through the whole game? gota try that later. Shame its not grenades through the whole game...those Scrabs would be buggared otherwise. Rocks don't work too well either
06-26-2006, 11:51 AM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Yeeaah, but then that would be waaay too easy. Seriously...visit a screen. Blow up everything on that screen. Go on to the next one. Blow up everything there. Sure, it would be great fun, but where's the challenge?

-ILoveHammy

06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Jordan
Screaming Bender

: England
: 4,829
Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)Jordan  (1975)

Well, it would be great as a bonus, like when you have finished the game a few times, then you'd be able to blow the Scrabs up!
06-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

: Jun 2006
: New Zealand
: 1,466
Patrick Vykkers  (12)
Happy

Even better, blow that Slig near the 'edge' of Stockyard Return up and see what's REALLY behind there.
06-28-2006, 03:41 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Actually, I tried to get behind there once, and it's almost as if there is wall there. But it would be cool to kill Scrabs and Paramites. I also wondered if you could kill the Glukkons with grenades.

06-28-2006, 02:43 PM
skillya_glowi
Outlaw Shooter

skillya_glowi  (54)

Yeah, I tried that too. Unfortunately, the only reward for my efforts was sour disappointment.

You can kill Scrabs and Paramites. But only with rocks.

-ILoveHammy

06-30-2006, 12:28 AM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
Sorry for not following the flow of conversation, but you can start the game with infinite grenades. Like I said, all you have to do is load the game where you just got infinite grenades, then use them in some way, then exit out. Then you choose "RuptureFarms" from the level select menu. DON't Throw Anything or Even Press "Z" just yet. Get to the nearest grenade machine, take a grenade, and then you will have infinity.

Sorry for being off topic. I just found that out.
Don't Grenades reset when you leave RuptureFarms?