Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner > Non-Oddworld Art & Literature

06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Watching Wasabi in action is like watching a pride of lions hunting from a few dozen yards away: exciting, but more than a little terrifying. *like Major Payne*: Ehhh-heh heh hehhh!

BTW, I have heard "asshat" used in such a way as to suggest it means something similar to "buttmunch" or "fartknocker". I assume that in the context of your comic, it is a compliment?

06-09-2004, 04:28 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Nov 2001
: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
BTW, I have heard "asshat" used in such a way as to suggest it means something similar to "buttmunch" or "fartknocker". I assume that in the context of your comic, it is a compliment?
No. Like I said, before I inked page 5, I hated the way it looked. Hence the asshat (which I prefer pronouncing "ass hat" rather than "ass shat" 'cuz it's funnier).

Whoop. Pages 7 through 9. It's over. Finally. Done. Although the plot and dialogue of this particular strip is weak, I think I've finally found the style I'm looking for. To spite the fact that I totally f*cking hate this strip as a whole, I am quite proud of it. I hope you have enjoyed the first installment of "No Resistance." ^_^

Ci-Ci, Chicago, Wasabi, Baka Noodle, Random Business Guy, and Vampire Chicken Fetus (c) Me, bitches.
"Children In Heat" and "TV Casualty" (c) Glenn Danzig

Five months in the making, you dirty mphr phumprs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	158.5 
ID:	1962   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	137.1 
ID:	1963   Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	128.0 
ID:	1964  

Last edited by SeaRex; 06-09-2004 at 04:34 PM..
06-13-2004, 09:21 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Ohhh yeah, the art in that panel is a little... asshat. But the action is good. Wasabi's line right there at the end... that's like, my new favorite catch phrase. Heh heh hehhh.

Very very very cool coolness, SR. For some reason, Ci-Ci looks alternately old and young. I think it's the way the lines under her eyes appear and disappear, seemingly at random. And... yeah. The whole thing just kicks ass. Do more. Now. Right now! DOO EET!!!

P.S. These new emoticons are the shizzney.

Last edited by TheRaisin; 06-13-2004 at 09:24 AM..
06-13-2004, 12:17 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Ohhh yeah, the art in that panel is a little... asshat. But the action is good.

For some reason, Ci-Ci looks alternately old and young. I think it's the way the lines under her eyes appear and disappear, seemingly at random.
Well, if you had read my last couple of posts, you would know that I thought it was asshat ONLY BEFORE I inked it... I actually like it now. I didn't think I was making Ci-Ci look old either. She just woke up, had no coffee, and I used the lines under her eyes to express emotions like "near-drunkenness" and apathy.

It honestly wasn't my intention to make her look old/young.

I have one little drawing on the back burner that I'll be posting soon; a character I haven't drawn in quite a while, no less. It's a little tribute to one of my favorite singers. It's also really angst-ridden and cheesey... but in a good way.

Planned Work: LSTW 002 (only one panel), No Resistance 002 (also a mere one panel), character profiles for Ci-Ci/Chicago/Wasabi, and a possible animation.
06-14-2004, 06:14 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

That cheesey pic I was talking about. I used my favorite textured background in Photoshop 5 for that extra creepy effect.

'Tis an Ode to Glenn Danzig using Sandalphon, that wacky fallen angel/genocidal pedophile. Perfect villain, naturally. All that's missing is nazism. ^_^

Sandalphon (the character) (c) Me.
Sandalphon (the angel) (c) God.
"Skulls" lyrics (c) Glenn Danzig.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	san2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	73.3 
ID:	1980  

Last edited by SeaRex; 06-14-2004 at 06:18 AM..
06-15-2004, 04:42 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

I guess I should read those old comments a bit more carefully, eh? Eh heh heh... yeah.

Yes, I realize the intent of the little liney thingies. I was just pointing out that they also make her look old... is all. Wow, I'm kind of being kind of annoying, am I not? Oh well, I'm voicing my opinion.

Ci-Ci is little erratic, isn't she? Reminds me of myself. I can be practically in a coma one moment, and jumping up and down shouting strange words the next. I suppose my sleeping habits might contribute to that. Ehh heh heh. Not that Ci-Ci is hyper per se, but her mood seems to shift rapidly.

Damn, I'm not very eloquent today. Well screw it, school's almost out. I can't be bothered with such petty things as appearing coherent and thoughtful. What the hell do you want from me? Sorry. Much angry energy. Please disregard everything I just said. I'll just shut up here now then... now.

06-22-2004, 05:18 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Point taken, Raisin. I always appreciate constructive criticism.

You guys can download my animation at deviantART... BUT READ THIS FIRST:

Click the link, click the "download" (arrow) button directly under the image, and resize the window if necessary. You see, for some reason certain browsers cut off the animation in the correct place, while others may show the extra background mess you aren't supposed to see. So make the window smaller if you need to.

Linkage here.
06-22-2004, 05:32 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

Just loved the animation, SeaRex.

"Where the HELL are they?" That just killed me.

Whenever I see these cool animations made by forum members, it makes me wish I had the means to make my own. It's just because my comp is Win 98...with 60MB RAM. Yeah...

-oddguy

06-23-2004, 03:14 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Thanks, oddguy. I'm glad you liked it. I actually don't have Flash just yet (I made the animation at an Art Institute), but I plan on buying the program and a smart pad to go with it.

Character profiles for the main "No Resistance" characters...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	profcici3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	74.0 
ID:	2042   Click image for larger version

Name:	profchig3.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	81.7 
ID:	2043   Click image for larger version

Name:	profwasa3.jpg
Size:	76.9 
ID:	2044  
06-23-2004, 03:37 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

That Chigago Profile cracked me up because I know people just like that!

-oddguy

06-23-2004, 03:47 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
That Chigago Profile cracked me up because I know people just like that!
Great! Excellent! Super! You're the second person I've got that from... which is good. I want people to hate her.
06-24-2004, 05:38 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

'Tis quite funny stuff, I should hook you up with a publisher.

06-24-2004, 08:00 AM
Al the Glukkon
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: My house
: 466
Al the Glukkon  (10)

Yes it's very funny, especially Dr. Wasabi.
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
~T.S. Eliot The Waste Land.

06-24-2004, 09:30 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Love it. LOVE IT!!!!! ADDITIONAL !!!!!!!!!!! And a !. Your stuff is so fscking good, it's like... good! Man, those profiles are the shizzney. I have lost some respect for Wasabi, upon reading the first word in the pastimes section , but... whatcha gonna do? And his full name just cracked me up. W454-B.exe. L/\/\40, f0 sh0.
Hey... being different IS cool. And hating God isn't cool... because God doesn't exist. And having sex... I have no comment there.
Jhonen Vasquez, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Invader Zim... most awesome choices!
An aspiring manga artist. That is also most awesome. I wish to be able to draw manga. As it is, I can't even do those gay DBZ drawings middle-schoolers copy from magazines and TV and put in their binders. Not that I've ever tried, actually. Anyway, I certainly hope to surpass those guys.
Umm what else? Well, let me just say again that your art kicks ass. And I'm SO FSCKING GLAD I'M OUT OF FSCKING MIDDLE SCHOOL! YES!!!! Now I can call myself a high schooler. And when I look down on those dumb middle school kids, now I'll actually be doing it as their elder. Up until now, I was only better than them in every way except age. And... yeah. I've had way too much Dr. Pepper.

07-01-2004, 07:53 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

I had to come up with a new character for an LSTW comic strip I'm doing. It involves a two-part conversation between Sandalphon and a 14 year-old girl. Really angstacular, really.

I'm quite proud of the character considering I made her up... in like... a few hours. I call her "the girl" because her name isn't important.

Rough sketch and character sheet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	girlscetch.jpg
Size:	47.0 
ID:	2107   Click image for larger version

Name:	girl.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	115.9 
ID:	2108  
07-01-2004, 09:23 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

LOLz, Stigmata High School. One of those psychotically over-zealous religious schools, eh?

For some reason, she reminds me of Daria. It's uncanny. She doesn't particularly look like her, except for the glasses, but somehow... hmmmm... if you took away every expression except the basic emotionless face and the sly face, you would basically have all of Daria's facial expressions. Heh heh heh heh heh. Feh, they shouldn't have canned Daria.

BTW, when you draw a face, where do you start?

07-01-2004, 09:37 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

MOTHER F*CKER!!! Without fail, every damn time! My characters always end up looking like someone else! It just pisses me off so much because, I swear, I'm not thinking of those characters at all when I'm drawing them. Gaz, the "twins" from the Matrix, and now Daria... this shit is driving me crazy.

Well, I'm not changing it. Screw everyone else. I'm not f*cking changing it.

To answer your questions... yes, Stigmata High School is one of the many mock Christian schools in the LSTW universe, and I start with the eyes/glasses when drawing female characters. Then the bottom of the face, then the top, then hair, then body, etc.

Thanks for feedback 'n stuff... even thought I would be a lot happier if you hadn't pointed out that damn Daria thing... ^_^
07-08-2004, 03:46 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

(BTW, Raisin... I wasn't calling you a mother f*cker... just shouting random expletives.)

LSTW - A Random Occurrence Part 1 - Page 1.

I'm extremely disappointed how this one turned out. The Girl looks like pure rubbish. I think I need to stick with simplicity... the panel in the bottom left-hand corner is my favorite because it's so simple. I'm hoping the next page will be much better. Hoping... pleading... praying to several deities.

Oh well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	random2 copy.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	190.1 
ID:	2178  
07-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Once again, you have wowed me SeaRex. GREAT job, keep it up.

EDIT: Holy hell, you hit the nail right on the head with the profile of Chicago. Oy. My friend Syd is EXACTLY like that. EXACTLY.

Last edited by Mac the Janitor; 07-08-2004 at 05:33 PM..
07-09-2004, 12:57 AM
Shinjara
Thudslug

: Jan 2002
: Cumbria, England
: 171
Shinjara  (10)

:

I'm extremely disappointed how this one turned out. The Girl looks like pure rubbish. I think I need to stick with simplicity... the panel in the bottom left-hand corner is my favorite because it's so simple. I'm hoping the next page will be much better. Hoping... pleading... praying to several deities.

Oh well.
I beg to differ. I think it's great!
Keep up the good work, I love your style.
07-09-2004, 07:53 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Thanks for the feedback.

Page 2.

I would be lying if I said I was satisfied with the outcome, but I certainly think this one turned out better than page 1.

You might find it a wee bit hard to read. It goes "top panels --> both bottom left-hand panels ---> both rows of bottom right-hand panels." If you haven't noticed already, this isn't as light-hearted as my last "No Resistance" thing, hence the boring text. It's my comic I can do it any way I want to. Shut up.

"The Girl" (c) Me.
"Sandalphon" the character (c) Me.
"Sandalphon" the angel (c) God.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	random2 copy.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	186.5 
ID:	2191  

Last edited by SeaRex; 07-09-2004 at 08:01 AM..
07-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

SeaRexy, you God, you.

07-13-2004, 06:23 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Yay. Animation.

OK, here's the deal. It loads the frames, goes to the production screen, and then loads the music. It's NOT frozen when the production screen stops moving. Just give it a minute and the movie will start.

Also, make sure the animation runs smoothly or the music won't match the frames. It should end about the same time as... well, you'll see. I won't spoil anything from this atrocious little animation of mine.

Linkage.
07-14-2004, 02:51 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

Chicago... why are you looking at me like that?

It's called "Mmm... Nicotine!"
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nic.png
Views:	72
Size:	160.7 
ID:	2223  
07-16-2004, 07:04 AM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

I'm still posting stuff... this is getting sad.

Whee! ATHF fanart! I might submit this to [as] after some tweaking.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ATHF.png
Views:	61
Size:	167.0 
ID:	2245   Click image for larger version

Name:	ATHF2.png
Views:	67
Size:	273.9 
ID:	2246  
07-16-2004, 07:31 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

Lol. Those are great.

08-13-2004, 02:15 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

OK. Last art post in this thread.

LSTW pinup. I hate it. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pinup1 copy.png
Views:	57
Size:	113.4 
ID:	2294  
08-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

Fez  (22)

I wish I had your talent so much........