ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

: Mar 2004
: North East England
: 479
ClaireBear  (10)

:
Thanx!!
But i just HATE alcohol, i don't really like any alcoholic products... I just HATE the taste.
That may change in time!

:
... But my sis got drunk by only two beers!!! She smelled really bad... blah...
This is another point that I was retisent to bring up before but seeing as you mention it...

"Handling you drink" "Knowing when to say know" etc is all about tolerance... you build tolerance to something by being exposed to something!

IMO (and this is just IMO!) every parent has the responsibility to develop their childs' tolerance to alcohol to a suitable level before they hit 18 (or 21 across the pond!) and down just two beers... ending up palatic and in more of a serious state than if they'd been drinking since they were 14!

I'm not talking about going to the pub/bar every night with your Dad and having a bottle of Jack! Just being made aware of what alcohol tastes like (Ladies very important that... incase you're spiked!) and being allowed the odd wine or beer with a meal at home... in your own home... a safe environment... with your parents or gaurdians!

Since about 13 I was allowed to have the odd drink at home and when I turned 15 and went to my first house party and all my friends were vomiting off half a can of cider I sat back... serine, sober and superior...

Unlike a male friend of my sisters who at 16 went out to the park with his friends and had 4 cans of lager... got so drunk that he passed out, vomited all over himself and lost control of his bodily functions (he poohed and wee'd himself! Another bad thing about drinking too much!) his friends, in a panic left him for dead and when the police took him home to his mother her response was "He has never ever been allowed to drink before officer!" All too painfully obvious!

But that doesn't mean you can use the tolerance thing to get your parents to buy you beer! Believe me I tried it!

CB xx
04-08-2004, 05:17 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

This story was kinda sad... But still funny... I dunno... Did he DIE??? I hope no one will ever die becous of alcohol...
I hate the way "cool" kids say that it's cool drinking!!
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

04-08-2004, 05:19 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

:
This story was kinda sad... But still funny... I dunno... Did he DIE??? I hope no one will ever die becous of alcohol...
Did you mean my story about the alcohol poisoning? Yes, he did die.
04-08-2004, 05:25 AM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
No he didn't die but he was very lucky.

Its not meant to be funny T just informative!!!

Sadly people do die... read my post above about the hypothermia case and Fuzzles friend... he died of alcoholic poisoning... I have a friend who died because he wandered into the middle of a busy road and got ran over... because of ALCOHOL!

Its not stuff to take lightly... like I said before alcohol should be a CLASS A drug!
04-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
I find smoking to be digusting, and have no appeal what so ever. Alcohol, if taken in moderation is fine.

Alcar...
I know exactly what you mean, the school system here has put a spin on all education to try and prevent you from starting smoking, is citizenship lessons every once in a while we do one on the daners of smoking and alcohol.

I wouldn't start smoking, but I am already a consumer of alcohol, once a week, but only small amounts, except on occasions when I do decide to have a little more than normal.
04-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Nath
Rabid Fuzzle

: Sep 2002
: Wales
: 530
Nath  (89)

Getting pissed (or even drinking), is very rare for me, at least once a month do I drink.
I've lived in the same house all of my life, and outside of my house are three pubs. Every friday and saturday I see people get pissed, having a laugh with their mates, limos pulling up with partys of people, and I even hear people singing when they get out of the pubs. At 11 O'clock when the pubs close all the piss heads come out and they vomit eveywhere, sometimes even on my front door which isn't very nice.
One of the worst things that can happen to you when you are drunk is getting into fights. Now I've seen my fare share of fights out side of my house. One of the worse casses I have seen was a couple of months ago a group of these people started on these other group of people and they got in a huge fight and blood was going everywhere, this one person fell on the floor and the other people started to kick him, so there was about five people kicking this one person who was on the floor, while his mates ran off somehwere. It wasn't until ten minutes after the fight happened that the police showed up, and there were about two riot vans three cars and two bikes, but by the time they all got there, the people had gone.

I hope that shows people another side of drinking they don't want to be on.

04-08-2004, 10:26 AM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

: May 2003
: R'lyeh
: 1,255
TheRaisin  (10)

Hmm. Of course, I've wondered about these things. Not getting drunk, I never plan to do that, but these other things. Actually, I assume I will drink, but I don't intend to ever get drunk, nor do I have any interest in cigarettes or other drugs. They're just useless. People don't need them. They kill. But anyway.
I don't think you have to be very old to fall in love. In fact I know firsthand that you don't. I'm only fourteen, and I'm absolutely tunnel-vision, head in the clouds, arrow through the heart in love.
Driving, R-rated movies, and getting a job are probably reasons two, three and four on my list of reasons why I want to grow up. And they are all tied together. When you can drive, you can go to a job and get money to go see R-rated movies. It's the ring of power.
Sex. Hmm. Sex. Gee. I wish I knew. No comment.

So, there's my opinion on these things. Unfortunately, the only one I've actually experienced is love. Oh well. To use a somewhat clicheed but still completely true and wise quote, "All you need is love." There ya go.

04-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: UK
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

I got love, its tearing me apart. I cant sleep. I have to see this person!

Anyway.....How was your day?

04-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

On a completly seperate note...drink alcohol...alcohol is fun. It'll make you feel goooood. Drink it...Driiiiiiiink iiiiiit.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-14-2004, 06:49 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

ClaireBear, tell us (or at least me) this story of which you spoke a while back.

04-14-2004, 07:04 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

: Jul 2003
: 127.0.0.1
: 1,670
Codek  (10)

Alcohol is for people who have shit lives. Face it if your life was good then you wouldn't be drinking any alcohol at all.

Cigarrettes, well lets face it, if you need cigarrettes then you probably need nicotine gum. Kick the habit you rancid peon. I don't want to sit next to someone who smells like smoldering paper and dried leaves.

Drugs, your life must be either crap or shallow. It is possible to enjoy yourself without being stoned you know.

And why is lindsey back?
04-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Hobo
Honorary Smod
Chronically Awesome

: Feb 2003
: London
: 6,741
Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)Hobo  (3434)

:
lose it get to shot pokemon for a livin and other stuff.
In English please?

Oh and she's back because she realised she hadn't corrupted our minds for about 5 minutes. Curse you lindsey!
04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

I don't think Lindsey is back... the way you treat her it isn't surprising I simply came across this thread and had to have my say as some of the advice was...well... I disagreed with it.

Sorry if I did anything wrong... I didn't did I?
04-14-2004, 10:49 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

I don't drink regularly. Hate the tastes. Blech. But... it does warm you on the inside, like some kind of liquid stomach hug. *wraps self in happiness* I've never drunk so much to lose control or anything like that. I don't want to do that.

Getting other people drunk to take advantage of their less impared self, now that's an entirely different kettle of trout.

Smoking and drugs... not for me, thanks. Dad smokes, and it's revolting, just revolting. The smell does actually get everywhere, and no amount of Fabreezing gets rid of the retch. My fingertips get yellowed, so naturally I'm a source of amusement at school.

04-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
I don't think Lindsey is back... the way you treat her it isn't surprising I simply came across this thread and had to have my say as some of the advice was...well... I disagreed with it.

Sorry if I did anything wrong... I didn't did I?
Why do you keep jumping to the conclusion that you're always wrong?

And although I don't really have a problem with her, apprantly lindsey is a bit of an idiot. But then again, I was a bit of an idiot when I was 12.
04-14-2004, 11:06 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
I don't drink regularly. Hate the tastes. Blech. But... it does warm you on the inside, like some kind of liquid stomach hug. *wraps self in happiness* I've never drunk so much to lose control or anything like that. I don't want to do that.
Bloomin 'eck Max! What have you been drinking... whiskey!?!? Hard spirits neat?

Believe me lager and beer don't give you that warm feeling!!!
04-14-2004, 11:10 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Probably some kind of spirit like you said.
04-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Sloe gin and a white wine of some sort. Sheesh, get off my back.

Lager and beer? I'm not that way inclined, thank you very much.

04-14-2004, 11:24 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:

I'm not on your back! Just nosey!

My boyfriend drinks gin and tonic... I have his life about it being a woman's drink... much to his annoyance!

Gin doesn't agree with me... it depresses me... and it all ends in tears. Its not known as "Mother's Ruin" for nothing you know...

And there's nowt wrong with lager and beer... lager and lime is very refreshing as is a shandy... and a nice stout is quite comforting in the winter with the added bonus that you don'y usually get absolutely palatic after a couple of pints!
04-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:

That's a great joke you have right there max. The problem is, it isn't funny.
04-14-2004, 11:52 PM
ClaireBear
Super Stingbee

ClaireBear  (10)

:
That's a great joke you have right there max. The problem is, it isn't funny.
Was he trying to make a joke concerning his sexuality or something?

Totally over my head I'm afraid!!!

Sorry!
04-14-2004, 11:53 PM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

:
Was he trying to make a joke concerning his sexuality or something?

Totally over my head I'm afraid!!!

Sorry!
Sometimes with Max, it's hard to tell if even he knows what his jokes really mean.
04-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Alcohol is for people who have shit lives. Face it if your life was good then you wouldn't be drinking any alcohol at all.'

What exactly classifies as a "good life"? And i think it's that generalisation that the people in Zimbabwe don't need, thankyou.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

04-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Esus
Outlaw Shooter

: Sep 2003
: King's Lynn, England.
: 1,487
Esus  (10)

Dunno if this was said here, I'm never to clear on where I receive my useless facts buuuut,
Did you know that if alchohol was discovered/invented now instead of by the Greeks etc many thousands of years ago, it would actually be classed as a class A drug.

04-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'Did you know that if alchohol was discovered/invented now instead of by the Greeks etc many thousands of years ago, it would actually be classed as a class A drug.'

Yes. I believe i said that over a year ago.

04-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Codek
Outlaw Sniper

Codek  (10)

Jacob, people in Zimbabwe have no idea I made any kind of generalization. Alcohol is bad, period. If you think you need it for whatever reason, then there is clearly something you aren't getting.

A good life is one in which you enjoy yourself in a healthy manner. I don't drink, smoke, or take drugs, and I still have plenty of fun.
04-15-2004, 10:19 AM
Fez
Outlaw Hunter

: Aug 2002
: 2,924
Fez  (22)

C'mon mate, you have to drink at least once.

04-15-2004, 12:46 PM
TheRaisin
Outlaw Shooter

TheRaisin  (10)

Death, while I don't support excessive drinking or the use of drugs for non-medicinal purposes, are you really sure it's fair to judge people the way you did yesterday? I mean, of course no one needs alcohol or drugs or cigarettes, but the truth is that most of the people who consume these things can't help themselves. Alcoholism can't be detected, so people have no way of knowing if they're going to have a single drink and be hooked for life. People can be pressured to do things, or make bad decisions. I'd say most people probably had good lives until they started taking these things, and now they can't stop, so don't you think you should be a little more sympathetic towards them?

04-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

'If you think you need'

Ahh, but you see, that's different. You said "anybody who drinks alcohol" or something. But now you say "anybody who needs alcohol" which is true. If they need it then there is something wrong with their life.

04-16-2004, 12:28 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

I do believe nobody has yet mentioned that small doses of alcohol are good for blood circulation. And what's all this about jokes? It wasn't so much a joke as something ever so slightly amusing. Taking a set phrase and using it in a different situation seems to lead to more confusion than entertainment, sadly.