Oddworld Forums > Zulag One > Oddworld Discussion

06-21-2004, 06:50 AM
Killa_47
Sniper Wasp

: Jun 2004
: Paramonia!
: 285
Killa_47  (10)

How can u laugh by saying wait to a ghost lock?

I like havin conversations when i'm a paramite to paramites!

Btw......I'm currently on a mission on AE.........use invince and kill all mudukons that i don't need to save.......it's actually hard because some u miss in secret areas.

06-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Mar 2004
: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

It'f funny when the bees attack the Muds, the Mud is busey chanting.

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

06-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Smell
Bola Blast

: mudomo vaults
: 436
Smell  (10)

I like it when the Bees attack Eulm when he is drinking honey and of course it's funny to fart in the little blind muds faces so they walk into bone drills, or down holes, or into electric walls!

06-21-2004, 09:32 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

: Dec 2002
: Hell
: 675
ANN NEELY  (14)
I think I know that level...

:

Instead, I like to see if I can come up with funny, non-violent ways to dispose of the industrials. Like in Munch's Oddysee, I would always make use of a crane where possible. In one level [I can't remember which one as it's been a while since I have played], there are some platforms. I lure all of the sligs in the area to the vincinity of the crane and then switch to Munch and pick them up and put them on the platform. It's really funny to see like 10+ sligs all crammed onto the platfrom yelling insults at you as you pass them, but they can't jump down and get you.

Abe Babe...
I think thats in Mudokon Pens, because I do that too.
It is pretty funny.

06-21-2004, 09:37 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

: May 2003
: In the smile of every larvae.
: 7,350
Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

No, it's in the Sloghut. There's a small platform behind a caged-fence and you're able to drop sligs there. It is funny to see them all crowded in that one little place unable to reach you.

06-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Smell
Bola Blast

Smell  (10)

I like to make all the muds fight eachother, but then it gets nasty and you have to say sorry to them all. Most of the ones wo are killed when I play the game are the blind ones

06-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Leeum
Boombat

: UK
: 207
Leeum  (10)

Does anyone seem to notice Abe's voice changes in the games. In AO when you return to Rupture Farms his laugh is different. Also on AE when you first go into the mines he says Hello and later on in the game he goes Hi. Not really funny but the wierd Slig thing when you kill them and they go "What?" has happened to me loads of times

06-21-2004, 09:44 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)Sekto Springs  (4398)

Yes, at the beginning the laugh is like "Humhmhm", and at the end it's classic Bart Simpson-like laugh.

06-21-2004, 09:47 AM
Smell
Bola Blast

Smell  (10)

I think abe is happier after you rescue some muds so then his greeting changes from a normal HELLO to a happy HI. Also, if you kill losts of 'em Abe says HI in a sort of unhappy voice. Thats what I think anyway.

06-21-2004, 09:48 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)
Blind Oh, Yeah....

:
No, it's in the Sloghut. There's a small platform behind a caged-fence and you're able to drop sligs there. It is funny to see them all crowded in that one little place unable to reach you.
Oh, yeah. I remember that. That is funny, especially when you drop a bone powder keg in there.

You can also do that in Mudokon Pens, though.

06-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)
Wired

1. In AE when I possess a slig I go to a large group of muds I hit one he does that "hun" noise (that cracks me up as well) then I hit im again and he's all like no... and starts killing himself... then the other mudokons go no... and start killing themselves...

2. To me when a slig says freeze it sounds like wee so I do freeze twice fast and that makes me laugh as well.

3. When using the invincibility I'll walk up to a slig with his back turned go Hello he's all like hi/freeze and starts shooting.

4. When you take the flying slig bump him against something he goes ow oh ooh ow oh oh oh ooh ow... I do that while saying hi and he loses his voice.

Also I wanna see a remake of AO and AE together that is 300 times gorier than before... What I'm sayin you can like shoot a muds head off and blood spurts everywhere and gets on the wall and floor and on other muds. Also you could make abe eat a grenade and blow him in half and his torso would slide across the floor. Abe could eat meat from the meatsac and get all purple and veiny and puke blood and explode (woah too many ands). Or you can tell a mudokon to "Eat" and he'd attack another mud and eat him or you.
And when you possess a slig when he is depossessed it's like a scrab or paramite depossession so you'd have to like shove the gun in his mouth and blast his brain against the roof. I'll edit if I come up with other ideas... Muwuhahahahahaha!

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

06-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Apr 2001
: 13,534
Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Oddworld isn't a realistically gory game, though. While it features gore, in as much as having the screen blasted with bits of body, OWI wouldn't never use such graphic violence.

I realise you're probably just making a joke, but I should point that out just in case.

06-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)
Sad

:
Oddworld isn't a realistically gory game, though. While it features gore, in as much as having the screen blasted with bits of body, OWI wouldn't never use such graphic violence.
Damn it would've been cool. I'm captain gore y'know, I want a VRG that is so gory you will be traumatized! Oh well maybe I'll get my cut from OWI and make an internet game using project corpse!

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

06-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Smell
Bola Blast

Smell  (10)

I like slapping the sligs, not to be attempted without invincibility!!!

06-21-2004, 04:38 PM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)
Oddworld HarHarHar...

In MO, in Slog Hut 2813, when Munch knocks out the Sligs with the Snoozer, Abe can smack the Sligs to death, and he'll say something like, "We did it".
Also, you can tell the scrubs to kill the Snoozer. It's pretty funny to see them beating it to death.

Q: Can you use Invincibility on the PC game?

Last edited by ANN NEELY; 06-22-2004 at 06:17 AM.. : :P
06-21-2004, 08:42 PM
Smell
Bola Blast

Smell  (10)

I don't know about that, but you an try, it's so much easier to do the game with that cheat on, but I prefer to play the game without cheating first. Try looking at a pc gaming mag for cheats

06-22-2004, 02:13 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)Wil  (9443)

Hmmm, looks like you're out of luck Ann:

http://www.oddworld.au.com/bonewerkz/ex-pc-cheats.htm

06-22-2004, 02:36 AM
WiLL the Wander
Spark Stunk

: Hungary, Debrecen
: 360
WiLL the Wander  (10)

To earn the invincibility in Ae you must kill 276 mudokons...

(I got a new banner!)

06-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Sekto Springs
Silent Contributor

Yes, you have to play the black quarma to get it officially. I suppose it's the only way to get it on the PC version.

06-22-2004, 06:04 AM
ANN NEELY
Sleg

ANN NEELY  (14)
Wired The Mudokon Fortress

Now, that sucks. I probably don't have room for a PS2 in my house, since we have everything else (X-box, Gamecube, Atari, N64, etc).

In Mudokon Fortress, you can pick up the Mudokon thats guarding the door to the fortress thats stuck open, and carry him somewhere else. When you let go of him, he'll walk right back to the fortress, and guard it again.

Also, where theres that Slig near the platform that has fuzzles on it, if you stand the right distance away, and say something to it, it will come at you, then get zapped by the zapper right back to where it was standing, and come at you again.

You can also use Munch to lure those Sligs guarding the locked up Mudokons onto the bridge, then have him jump over it again and again, and really tick off the Sligs.

Last edited by ANN NEELY; 06-22-2004 at 02:41 PM.. : :)
06-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Fuzzles!
Howler Punk

: Canada
: 329
Fuzzles!  (10)

:
One funny thing in MO in Vykker Suites, if you get 2 vykkers to chase you over to the ladder and then jump on the ladder but stray towards the bottom, the vykkers will hit each other over and over in an attempt to hit you.
Haha I do that all the time!!! They're hilarious they look like they're cat-fighting or something!!!

In MO, in one of the Slog Huts (I forget which number), I like using Munch and the crane to pick up the sligs and the slogs and drop them in front of the recycler...the sligs start yelling "help! help!" and then get chopped to pieces!

Or I place a slig just in front of the recycler, then grab a slog and put it just in front of the slig. The slog runs at the slig who turns and runs right into the recycler, and then of course the slog runs into it too! I'm so mean!

One thing about MO that cracks me up...Munch in his squeaky wheelchair. The first time I heard it I swear I laughed and laughed for ages..I was in tears.
Then I started a new job..and I had to wheel my chair to my boss' office alot..and it sounded EXACTLY like Munch's wheelchair! So that would just set me off too!

As for bad quarma..I just can't hurt the fuzzles so I've never gotten it for MO!
06-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Wil
Oddworld Administrator
Oddworld Inhabitant

:
In Mudokon Fortress, you can pick up the Mudokon thats guarding the door to the fortress thats stuck open, and carry him somewhere else. When you let go of him, he'll walk right back to the fortress, and guard it again.
Coolio, what would happen if you slaughtered him and revived him? Would he continue his duties, albeit a shade lighter on the status, or would he come at your beck and call?

06-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Oddish
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Ma' Spa
: 2,431
Oddish  (10)

:
Coolio, what would happen if you slaughtered him and revived him? Would he continue his duties, albeit a shade lighter on the status, or would he come at your beck and call?
You realive him, then he will be at your command

"For us, it's not about muscle bound characters with big guns. It's about little guys "
~ Lorne Lanning 15/02/2000
"We knew there were more of us out there, and were gunna find them!" ~ Abe

06-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

:
I think thats in Mudokon Pens, because I do that too.
It is pretty funny.
:
Actually, I remembered that I wrote a topic on it at one time, and it's actually at the end of the Mudokon Fortress level. Although I do remember doing it in other places, this place was the best as it's a platform as opposed to a cage that you are putting them on.

:
You know the two round platforms before the water, there are two shooting Sligs there... so kill these ones by drowning them so you won't get shot. Once they are gone there are only baton Sligs left (apart from one shooter, just possess that one). So get Abe to lead them all to where they can be picked up by the crane. Jump onto the right platform and they stay there for a while. Then see HOW MANY Sligs you can pile onto the left platform. It is quite amusing seeing all these Sligs squashed onto one platform yelling insults at you as you pass.
Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-30-2004, 10:16 AM
Alpha

: Aug 2004
: Ireland,Land of the Leprachaun
: 799
Alpha  (10)

Funniest thing eh? well that would have to be when I got abe to get about four mudokons to follow him at the same time then i put them in between two meat saws I slapped all of them then got outta there then they fought.... evry mud who got slapped fell to ground either left or right then got splatered by the meat saw on thier way to leveling themseleves when there was one left i simply slapped him and he died but his corpse got splatered that got me laughing.
08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

: Groningen, Netherlands
: 1,068
Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)

I like it when in AO you run , you jump , you fly , you get smached by a slinging rock, you fall , you yell , youre dead............

Throw around some Mudokons in my game Flying Mudokons!

Need images for your Oddworld fan project? Visit The Oddworld Vector Gallery!

08-31-2004, 07:38 AM
Feeco executive
Bolamite

: Oddworld
: 60
Feeco executive  (10)

Making 2 sligs face eachother then shouting "All a ya!" then "kill 'em!"

FEECO DEPOT...WHERE WILL WE SEND YOU TODAY?

KEEP YER EMPLOYEES IN THE DARK WITH THE NEW EYESTITCH 2000...THE ULTIMATE BLINDING MACHINE!

FEECO FOOD EXTRACTORS...EAT TWICE...FEELS NICE...ONE PRICE!

08-31-2004, 05:18 PM
caracal
Fuzzle

: Jul 2004
: colombia
: 107
caracal  (43)

hm..slap a slig when you're in the shadows and there's a group of sligs around but no slig is looking....they all go uh? uh ? ah? and after a while they just go on like nothing happened.........
09-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Software Bug
Formerly Tim Cottenham

: Groningen, Netherlands
: 1,068
Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)Software Bug  (308)

i got another funny thing (i like it)
On MO in the second level (where the mudakons are standing between the mines)
just stand on the other side of the mines and say "hello"
you can do this on many places....

TIP : if you have Dolby surround try to make a "double mine blow" like in the level where you enter magon motors...
throw a bomb on the mines and hear the sound of over 100 mines go of!!
WITH DOLBY SURROUND I HAD THE VOLUME ON MAXIMUN AND THEN DID IT!!
WHAT A NOISE!! ITS REALY COOL!! (but maby thats just me)

Throw around some Mudokons in my game Flying Mudokons!

Need images for your Oddworld fan project? Visit The Oddworld Vector Gallery!

09-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Pantalaimon2
Zappfly

: QLD, Australia
: 3
Pantalaimon2  (10)

On AO, in Paramonia there's a place with a lift and a beehive at the top, and if you get the bees to chase you then go and stand on the lift, it'll go down REALLY fast. Then run across to the other lift and do it again!

Also, you may already know this, but on MO if you slowly walk into a mudokon as Abe (it also works with Munch), you can make mutant freaks with two heads and stuff. If you stand near a wall and do it, you can zoom in on them too. And, if you throw a re-appearing powder keg, then stand where it was, when it re-appears he should be kinda sticking out of the top of it, if you did it right.