: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Me
Disgruntled
Sea Rex
Joe

For Off topic, it may be abit long but basically its for back up. This way at least one Mod could be on at least...

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-21-2002, 07:12 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Due to new information i withdraw my nomination for Jacob. See my newest post.

Thankyou Mitsur for your support and everyone else. I would like if it happens to moderate with another in Fan Corner that way we can each cover more corners of that area of the forums, plus Fan corner is where I frequent the most and read others stories, if I am chosen I have some great ideas for the Fan Corner that if elected, I will share with the Admins, to see what we can come up with. I can always use more support, thanks to all the Staff and members. I would like to if possible mod with Munchonthis we both are here everyday now but If only one can then I understand. Thanks again.

Sincerely Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-22-2002 at 04:53 PM..
08-21-2002, 07:30 PM
MunchOnThis
Clakker Store Clerk

: Thames Wharf...(under the church) ^_^
: 757
MunchOnThis  (10)
Happy May I ask..........???

Hey Abe Babe or Pilot is it possible to have two postions to be mods for Fan Corner??? If so, since Al The Vykker and I wish to moderate it we could share the title. We both make frequent vists to Fan Corner, but since I recently decided to stay here at OWF I haven't been around for about 2 months. But now I'm on almost everyday so I could possibly do the job. And Al The Vykker would do a great job too. We both like to make fan fics etc.
If we can't share the postion that's OK, it's better I asked then not to.

~Munchy

"Won't somebody testify, kick a hole right in the sky..
Testify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Slap a liar in his eye, kick a hole right in the sky
Tesify, testify kick a hole right in the sky
Johnny, Johnny Johnny..."
~ RHCP, Johnny kick a hole in the sky

08-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Just another reminder, we ain't voting yet!

This is just nominations, maybe a few days or so or longer you'll get to vote for who you want as a Moderator.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

08-21-2002, 08:48 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Yeah I knew that We just asking though if its ok. Cant Wait for the elections. This is cool how its being decided. As I have said a more democratic forums. Line removed due to new information, see newest post. Sincerely Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-22-2002 at 04:54 PM..
08-21-2002, 10:01 PM
The Sour Slig
Fuzzle

: Aug 2002
: Location too long. Shorten Please :)
: 132
The Sour Slig  (11)

I also volunteer for moderating the RPG forum. I love roleplaying and I can definitely help keep an RPG running smoothly

Step outta line, Scrub, and you and your little mudokin friends over there will enjoy a nice long dirt nap.

08-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

I would like to take away my self-nomination for Off-Topic. It seems like there are lots of other members who want it more and definitely deserve it more.

So, now I am only going to try for Member Art & Literature.

Oh yeah, and I nominate Khanz and Xavier for General Oddworld Discussion.

-Mac

08-21-2002, 10:56 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

I would like to put in a good word for MOT and Al, to both moderate the Fan Corner...i think these two would work well with each other as they both are very interested in Art and creating stories. I would like to nominate them both for the Fan Corner Forum

-Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Ah Mac... No Zulag1 mod positions are open... I wouldn't mind sharing with someone if I were to moderate, possibly with anyone else that owuld like to. I hope this doesn't turn out to be any sort of popularity contest thoguh.
08-22-2002, 12:46 AM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: Apr 2002
: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
Ah Mac... No Zulag1 mod positions are open... I wouldn't mind sharing with someone if I were to moderate, possibly with anyone else that owuld like to. I hope this doesn't turn out to be any sort of popularity contest thoguh.
Aw, dangit. Forgot about that...

Sometimes I can really be a blonde (even though I have brownish hair... )

-Mac

Last edited by Mac the Janitor; 08-21-2002 at 05:57 PM..
08-22-2002, 06:52 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

We would like to thank everyone who has nominated for the new moderator postitions. It is certainly an overwhelming response and more than expected! However I would just like to make it clear that we cannot consider anyone for the positions if they have proved themselves to be two-sided. Although we are now a more member based forum and this may seem a bit unfair, given the current situation and recent events we will not compromise the safety and security of this community.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

08-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Alector
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2001
: Germany
: 1,885
Alector  (58)

It's my current dream to become a moderator of the FanCorner board. You know me, I can't stop posting my drawings, even when my fingers were broken!

You also know that I don't have much time to be here. I can be online two or three times a week.

But since the thread that TheBlueScrab did about me in this way, was the trigger of a big fight. *hides*
*whispers*
And I'm still working on my english skills. . .

Last edited by Alector; 08-22-2002 at 01:50 AM..
08-22-2002, 07:13 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Abe Babe
However I would just like to make it clear that we cannot consider anyone for the positions if they have proved themselves to be two-sided. Although we are now a more member based forum and this may seem a bit unfair, given the current situation and recent events we will not compromise the safety and security of this community.

We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
With all due respect, Kristen, that isn't very fair. I made it quite well known (on MSN, at least) that I was to remain nuetral in the skirmish. I would never be corrupted by either side into doing something unsafe or cruel to members of either forum. I've made too many friends to just betray someone like that. I ask you to please reconsider this.
08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

I believe Kristen is referring if you are also feeding information to Syd, and playing everyone else, meaning you pretend to be best friends with the head staff, and then you turn around and say you support Syd, I know this because a member on these forums who is with Syd talked with me, and twisted around my words and talked with someone which finally was picked up. Thats what she means. Though I hope never to see that member again, thank god he went to the Glass Asylum though.

And to all regarding my post, that may have lead you to believe, I was leaving, I have no intention of leaving OWF anytime in the future, and also regarding my post, I was not very emotionally stable at that time also, many things were happening at my life at home of deep concern to me, if you wish to know Pm me or talk to me on oddchat I would be happy to inform you, of this. Also you can talk to Kaimana and Majic, they also no of what was going on in my home life.

Thanks Again, hope you feel a bit more informed.

Fellow Members and Staff of OWF.

Sincerely Al the Vykker
08-22-2002, 07:47 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker
I believe Kristen is referring if you are also feeding information to Syd, and playing everyone else
Well, I guess I have nothing to worry about, then... like I said, I wouldn't do something cruel like that.
08-22-2002, 09:09 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

I take it the two face thing probably applies to me. I did know what was happening, the went with Sydney. As much as I would like to help as a moderator, I'd drop out if desired from the staff. If it means anything. I have no intentions of dropping from the forums, doing anything wrong, or contacting Sydney and scheming. I have a high opinion of the staff now, and wouldn't want any reputation tarnished. I also have quite a few friends here, and I would never let them down.
08-22-2002, 09:28 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

:
Thankyou Mitsur for your support
no problem Al.
I wish at least ONE person would nominate me.But don't do it just because you feel bad for me,just nominate if u feel I should.Just letting you know

Wrex.

08-22-2002, 10:02 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

You know people... You may want to see what Abe Babe ment by two faced. Please check out TGA, to see who talks about what there. Theres a topic dedicated to us, even.
08-23-2002, 12:57 AM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Due to my new information as you have seen, I have removed my nomination for Jacob. If you would like to see an example of being two-faced here it is fellow members and Staff of OWF.

Sincerely Al the Vykker.

Majic please present what you have found, and show the forums what Jacob has said about us all. Behind our backs.
08-23-2002, 01:05 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Ok, I will:

Jacob:Ok, you lot are immensly melodramatic. Oh no, Sydney got banned etc. You lot go off on one like Justin would if somebody stole his MO game...Jesus. Calm down people. It wouldn't be blasphemous if you went and popped in. I, myself, am enjoying the wee ones being immensly degrading and idiotic...just read Kai's post and you will realise what i mean...HIL-AIR-REE-OUS!!

Jacob:It is quite entertaining. Stad (Or wotever his name is) cant get access to Ezboards and is thus trapped in the ever-changing world of OWF. They have had quite a few changes and i may be Mod to Off-topic (Yes...your right. Anyone can get to be mod!!)

SeaRex:If Chris and I get chosen for mod... oh, dear. I don't even want to think of the unspeakable horrors... ^.^

Jacob:I think my 'No geeks' attitude would go down well. But seriously i do believe i would make a decent mod for Off-topic. I think we should have 4, mature, non-OW-fanatics for it...Which only leaves me, Luke, Morgan and Joe

SeaRex:Eve (Jacob) said:
"Which only leaves me, Luke"

Not likely. Abe Babe just said that people who were "two-sided" could not participate for the good of OWF. That counts the both of us out. (that was till art of the quote)

This is from the, more or less, dis dwon OWF topic there. I Think Luke's (SeaRex's) post here seems a bit hipocritical now. Since Al requested I post these, there. They (at least Jacob for sure) doesn't think highly of any of us, and SeaRex said (not here) that he was two faced and probably shouldn't be one.

I posted this basicly just because they are nomiated for mods. I don't trust.

Last edited by Majic; 08-22-2002 at 05:53 PM..
08-23-2002, 01:15 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

Funny isnt it how my name gets mentioned in this all. Ah well.

Members of OWF the staff will not allow people that cannot be trusted to become moderators here. It is for the sake of the forums well being.

That is completely fair...we cannot have those who will cause trouble to be moderators..Abe Babe has already said this....What Majic has posted shows that we are being talked about behind our backs. And for my name to be metioned...heh what a friend Chris is. People we want only the best for the forums.

This is for our own protection. All of us.

-Kai
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

08-23-2002, 12:27 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

: Jul 2001
: UK
: 308
Molluck  (11)

Well that is alright...I ain't being two faced... (I ain't just staying here cose off the mod aplications ya know)

See ya
08-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
Funny isnt it how my name gets mentioned in this all. Ah well.
Just because you attempt to be the 'calm peacemaker' doesn't mean we shouldn't mention you. The fact you preach for a 'better future' is just shaming.

:
(1)Ok, you lot are immensly melodramatic. Oh no, Sydney got banned etc.(2)You lot go off on one like Justin would if somebody stole his MO game...Jesus. Calm down people. It wouldn't be blasphemous if you went and popped in. I, myself, am enjoying(3) the wee ones being immensly degrading and idiotic...(4)just read Kai's post and you will realise what i mean...HIL-AIR-REE-OUS!!
(1) - They were...

(2) - Well. I dont see anyone disagreeing with me...

(3) - And your saying your all mature and dignified?

(4) - Yes? And? Come on...does anyone actually read any of the stuff people put? You will understand when you hit puberty (Mentally as well as physically)

:
oh, dear. I don't even want to think of the unspeakable horrors... ^.^
He basically meant two people being chosen who do not commit their entire lives to OW...

:
(1)I think my 'No geeks' attitude would go down well. (2)But seriously i do believe i would make a decent mod for Off-topic.(3) I think we should have 4, mature, non-OW-fanatics for it...Which only leaves me, Luke, Morgan and Joe
(1) - And...whats the problem?

(2) - Again...the problem?

(3) - Ok, i should have mentioned more people. But these lot were the ones who seemed to stand out and share my opinions on most things...

:
Not likely.(1) Abe Babe just said that people who were "two-sided" could not participate for the good of OWF. That counts the both of us out. (that was till art of the quote)
(1) - Go figure, that leaves the members under...what age? 12?

:
doesn't think highly of any of us
When you say 'us' who EXACTLY do you mean? If you said names i would put who i did and didn't. But the majority dont appeal to me...they are the type of people i would steer clear of in the real world.

:
I wish at least ONE person would nominate me.But don't do it just because you feel bad for me,just nominate if u feel I should.Just letting you know
See, this is what i mean. Mitsur is 10 and he has a HIGHLY mature attitude. There are people older than him who act as if they are 7. Well done, Mitsur...

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

08-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

The thing that I think Jacob that makes me angry is the way when someone is trying to be nice to you give them a load of BS. For example I tried to settle my differences with you multiple times, and just put all the crap behind us about the earlier times I have fought with you. And people try to forgive you for what you have done before, but no you go off like a little Immature boy and go to your friends at the Glass Asylum and report back in like some drone of Sydney, trying to get a position of power either way playing both sides. So really the one who is immature here is you, you scramble around ranting and raving trying to be funny, and then try to think up a quick solution for all the sh@# you have caused around here. and there are more people who are a lot more mature then you are, considering that you really dont act your age Jacob, get a life, I really hope you dont act like this in real life, for your own sake, I hope you get a rude awakening on how you treat people. And if you say people are geeks Chris, why do you even bother to come here, and if there are so many oddworld fans here why did you join a forum about Oddworld puzzles the mind doesnt it?

Al the Vykker
08-23-2002, 06:31 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I saw some members nominated me for the GD...
I would realy love to admin that part.
if it's possible, of cource

08-23-2002, 06:35 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
SeaRex:If Chris and I get chosen for mod... oh, dear. I don't even want to think of the unspeakable horrors... ^.^
You completely missed the point of that statement. It was joke. Meant to be a cute gesture of how Chris and I are a bit strange at times. But for some reason you saw it as a threat to the forums.
:
SeaRex:Eve (Jacob) said:
"Which only leaves me, Luke"

Not likely. Abe Babe just said that people who were "two-sided" could not participate for the good of OWF. That counts the both of us out. (that was till art of the quote)
What are you going on about? That is what she said! When she said "two-sided", I assumed she meant "members of both forums" and not "backstabbing bastiches". See my two posts above this one. Really it seems only Kristen could clairify, and then I could just clear this whole thing up.
:
I Think Luke's (SeaRex's) post here seems a bit hipocritical now... and SeaRex said (not here) that he was two faced and probably shouldn't be one.
This has all been a horrid misunderstanding. I haven't said anything on TGA that I wouldn't have said here. Is this what I get for almost a whole one year of loyal service to OWF? I certainly hope not.

Last edited by SeaRex; 08-23-2002 at 10:37 AM..
08-23-2002, 06:52 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

Al the Vykker  (20)

Ive been here for even longer Searex, a lot longer then some people, but the thing is you dont always get as much as respect which isnt always the problem, its how you act while your here. thats what is the main factor in how people treat you while your here.

Though My arguement is done here about Jacob I have said what has needed to be said, and I am sorry that this had to take place in this topic. Back to elections and nominations.

Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 08-23-2002 at 11:03 AM..
08-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

I'm very sorry then Luke, it would be my misunderstanding. I still hold my grudge gainst Jacob though, I really hate his attitude against anyone who likes Oddworld, and his problem with people who he doesn't even know or often talk to.
08-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
(1)The thing that I think Jacob that makes me angry is the way when someone is trying to be nice to you give them a load of BS.(2) For example I tried to settle my differences with you multiple times,(3) and just put all the crap behind us about the earlier times I have fought with you.
*Cracks neck* ooooooooooooK...

(1) - Ok...And where is the quote?

(2) - What differences!? I hardly speak to you!?

(3) - Ok...'fought' ? We have never been in a debate whatsoever!!

:
(1)And people try to forgive you for what you have done before, but no you go off like a (2)little Immature boy and go to your friends at the Glass Asylum and (3)report back in like some drone of Sydney,(4) trying to get a position of power either way playing both sides.
(1) - What exactly have i done before except express my opinions on controversial subjects and offer helpful advice for the children wrapped up in the world of the 'net'?

(2) - Immature...of course i am...yeeeess

(3) - Please. Even if Sydney asked me to do such a thing you think i would? If i wasn't getting anything from it, its highly doubtful i'd do it.

(4) - Yes. Because i so want to be a mod!! *Jumps up and down excitedly*

:
(1)So really the one who is immature here is you,(2) you scramble around ranting and raving trying to be funny,(3) and then try to think up a quick solution for all the sh@# you have caused around here.(4) and there are more people who are a lot more mature then you are,(5) considering that you really dont act your age Jacob,(6) get a life,(7) I really hope you dont act like this in real life,(8) for your own sake,(9) I hope you get a rude awakening on how you treat people.
(1) - Its amazing how someone of such a age could get to that conclusion...really...it is.

(2) - I prefare the term 'Scuttle' and when do i rant and rave? Only when there is a decent subject to rant and rave about do i do such a thing. And also, i dont have to 'try' dear...(jk)

(3) - I dont cause 'shit'? When do i cause 'shit'?

(4) - Im sure there are...But where?

(5) - No? Your right...i do act ALOT more maturer...

(6) - LOL

(7) - Why? The entire world is full of bitching...

(8) - Im quite happy myself...im loved

(9) - I have and the person who gave me that found a tonne of rumours going around about him...

:
(1)And if you say people are geeks Chris, why do you even bother to come here,(2) and if there are so many oddworld fans here why did you join a forum about Oddworld (3)puzzles the mind doesnt it?

(1) - To give me something to do when im downloading music and awaiting for my...ahem...FRIENDS...to reply

(2) - Because when i did...I too loved OW...*Gags*

(3) - If i said 'no', would i have permission to laugh at you?

Edit:
:
I still hold my grudge gainst Jacob though,(1) I really hate his attitude against anyone who likes Oddworld,(2) and his problem with people who he doesn't even know or often talk to.
(1) - Ok...Whats with people thinking this!? Im not AGAINST people liking it!! Ok...It just...annoys (For lack of a better word) me when people allow it to take over their...again, for lack of a better word...lives.

(2) - Why would i talk to under 12's!?

Last edited by Jacob; 08-23-2002 at 11:47 AM..
08-23-2002, 08:42 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

SeaRex  (33)

:
Originally posted by Al the Vykker
Ive been here for even longer Searex, a lot longer then some people, but the thing is you dont always get as much as respect which isnt always the problem, its how you act while your here. thats what is the main factor in how people treat you while your here.
When have I ever acted bad on OWF? I've never questioned the forum authority, and I've always been kind and fair to others.

Majic_Abe, I forgive you. To error is human. Sparks fly when communication wires get crossed, and I may have lost my temper.

Chris, I think Majic was talking about when we were in an argument with over your seemingly heterophobic veiw on life, but that's all water under the bridge now...

Last edited by SeaRex; 08-23-2002 at 12:46 PM..