Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

11-04-2001, 12:03 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I saw the big logo of the Spoiler Forum...
Pretty cool, I dont post it here because Sydney don't like it

11-05-2001, 02:14 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Certainly a few people interested.

I just want to re-interate that this is a serious position which will hold a lot of responsibility. In fact it will be the most "important" of the moderator positions.

Also, I'm confused that there are a couple of people nominating that in the past had said that they didn't want the game spoiled for them. Remember, you need to want to do this if you don't mind seeing spoilers yourself. Not just because you want to be a mod.

Also take a look a the for more on what the spoiler policy will be about.

Abe Babe...

[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: Abe Babe ]

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

11-05-2001, 04:38 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

: UK
: 308
Molluck  (11)

Cheers abe babe for clearing me up on that!
And I have to say I am still very keen on the job and was one of those peoples who didn't mind the game being spoilt for them, so I will still be willing to behold the responsibility!!!

Hmm nobody will nominate me I know it!!!!
No-one out of over 400 members!!!!!!!!
11-05-2001, 04:42 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

I would also like to nominate the one and only ..... *drum roll* Gluk Schmuch!!!!!!
11-05-2001, 05:02 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

I don't care if its spoiled for me!!!
I come in once a day anyway!!!
Sydman I know this is late cos I've only just found out but..
*The most asked question in the forum*
Can I be a MOD???
I know I'm just new but....oh well *sigh* I don't really mind Syd after all Its up to you...
*Sad music comes on*
*I walk awoy in to the sun light and sigh*
OOOOOWWWWWW!
*A seagull pecks me on the head*
OOOOOWWWWWW..OW!
HELP..H-E-L-P.....help?

11-05-2001, 05:04 PM
Black Dragon
Riot Slug

: May 2001
: USA
: 574
Black Dragon  (10)

OK, *Reads the Policy over again* Seems fair enough. I agree with the actions to be taken with offenders. I also see now why Abe Babe called it the most 'important' moderator job.

11-05-2001, 05:32 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

i'm glad that i'm getting the game in the UK cos i don't have to worry about accidentally posting spoilers in general...

eeek, a lot of responsibility...well, i 'eeek' in the face of responsibility!!! hahaha!

taa molluck!!!
11-05-2001, 06:52 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

BBBBOOO HHOOOO!!!!!!
No-one thinks I would be a good Modd!!!!
Do you guys really hate moi that much *sniff*
I'll be In my *sniff* trailer

heheheheheheh I'm goin mad cose so many people hate me!!!!
11-06-2001, 08:50 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

: Apr 2001
: aus
: 1,856
ODDBODD  (71)

Please Please Please, ive changed my mind! i don't care about the game being spoilt for me! I wanna me a mod, you might not trust me because i act stupid and the rest of the mods are angels but still i've been wanting to be a mod SINCE THE EZBOARD!

Though it looks like Xavier or Gluck Schmuck will get the Job.

11-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

Syd!!!!
I know I am probably not gonna get this job and so won't some others who had a good chance so I was looking at the mods on the other forums and noticed there was 2 for 2 or 3 other forums while one in others so I was thinking maybe could I (and some other responsible people like oddbodd) Be a modd of another forum like just an assistant mod!!!
But only if they have mentiond it like oddbodd said he had wanted to be a mod since the old ezboard, well its the same for me so Pleaz Syd if u can pleaze consider 2 modds for each forums!!! IK really am desprate 2 be a mod in genral Pleaze!!!! Pweety Pweaze!!!!
I can realy be good if given the chance
Pleaze I know I haven't posted much but I only post if I have a reason....
Look I am up for the job and I admitt Oddbodd seems keen to do it too
So pleaze

Thankz Syd u are the best!!!
11-06-2001, 07:25 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

Hehe, "all the other Mods are angels"... Thanks for the compliment, Oddbodd!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

11-06-2001, 09:59 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

uh Mollock...I know you are eager to get the job but if you keep pestering like that you won't get it. Please be patient and wait like the rest.

Oh...and no Im not nominating myself...I am quite happy with my little FC forum. *glares at Rettick who is plotting on taking over all forums* Don't even think about it bud *grins, showing lots of sharp teeth* and don't think those 'dragon traps' you won in TOWFT2 will help you either...*grins again*

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

11-07-2001, 05:57 PM
Steel Shark
Spark Stunk

: California and Europe
: 356
Steel Shark  (10)

I believe that 3 or 4 people should be nominated for the job. This way the Forums can always be cleared up. The four mod's could divide up the duties in time allotments and always keep on top of things. It is a 4 month wait for many people here so the job will be a good duration. At time's a mod or two just might not be able to get to the Forums, due to many outside circumstances. So a good team of real Oddworld lovers,one's with Oddworld close to there hearts.

I would say that many here fit that discription. But the ones that I believe you can count on for real Munch Mods are... Tatatadaaaaaa........

Oddbodd
Gluk Schmuck
Black Dragon
Rettick

With these four you can count on there availability, and dedication.And by roving, things will stay cleared up on all Forums, no spoilers will be seen by innocent onlookers. Just my two cents....

No disrepect to others, I have just taken all considerations into thought.
11-07-2001, 06:16 PM
FuzzyFuzzle
Spark Stunk

: Sep 2001
: 369
FuzzyFuzzle  (10)

I vote for Rettick, but only so when he takes over the forums by becoming a mod for each forum, I can be his evil sidekick lackey/Yesman. (Note: If you are acutally counting votes disregard mine.)

I think Steel's Idea of more than one is definetly a good idea...with the other forums, if one topic is out of place, it isn't much of a big deal. But if the spoiler mod(s) let a spoiling topic through, it can really ruin the game for many people. So maybe each mod could take a forum as a section to watch, and should any spoiling occur, that mod can put the topic in it's rightful place. Also, on a sidenote, what will happen to Oddworld Help? Will people having trouble with MO go there? This seems weird, because if people wanting help on AO or AE go there, they could see spoilers from MO...Or would you go to the Spoiler topic to request MO help?
http://oddworldian.net/misc/banners/FuzzyFuzzle.gif

11-08-2001, 02:36 AM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Hello friends. I'll say straight out that I'd like to nominate myself for the job. I really do appreciate these forums, and I'd like to see them be home to as many enthusiastic Oddworld fans as possible. I'm willing to spend a lot of time on here, in addition to the time I already spend, making sure that everyone is enjoying themselves and having a good time. I simply want to help as much as I can and I feel that there's a lot that I can contribute. Thank you.

11-08-2001, 04:50 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO000000000000000ooooooooooooo!!

nooo pilot back out, back out!! If you nominate yourself, well you'll win. The admins love you! THEY LOVE YOUUU!!!!

oh well, might as well vote for pilot!

11-08-2001, 02:52 PM
Rex Tirano
Cute as a rabbit

: Aug 2001
: Nagasaki
: 2,259
Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)Rex Tirano  (682)

Okay so I'm not the worlds greatest speller! I admit that. But Sydman..... Do you wanna make me cry? Do you really wanna make me cry? Huh..huh?? *a solitary tear rolls down cheek* I can cry you know!
I'm great for the job but I'm not going to say that again because I think that you shall choose the best person for the job and I will respect you even if you don't choose me....
So sydman..when can I finalize the papers of me being your new mod? hmmm..

p.s
Actually I'm not really bothered. I've got my own forums but just a tiny 1! So I'd really like to be the mod but if I'm not i won't be really upset. I'll just thing that cos I got my own forums why would I need to be a mod anyway?

pp.s
*Holds sharp bloodied Knife in hand* I'll kill you if I'm not the mod Sydney..I will and then I'll be in charge of the forums *hysterical laugh and keeps on repeateing I'll be in charge of the forums, YES I'll be in charge of the forums!*

ppp.s
Mullok has HER own forums too! and hers are more busy so she might not be able to manage.
Just telling ya!

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Rex Tirano ]

11-08-2001, 03:07 PM
Robbo
Sniper Wasp

: Oddworld
: 254
Robbo  (10)

:
Originally posted by Rex Tirano:
Mullok has HER own forums too! and hers are more busy so she might not be able to manage.
Just telling ya!
Squealer!

p.s. I vote for either ODDBODD or 1 2 Middlesboogie.

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Munchy ]

11-08-2001, 05:01 PM
Pilot

: ▄▀▄▀
: 2,722
Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)Pilot  (3581)

Oddbodd, I really appreciate the comment, but I'm just going to say, "May the good man win."

11-08-2001, 05:05 PM
Teal
Outlaw Cutter

: no
: 1,193
Teal  (10)

I dunno, lots of people here are pleading to be mods, but I think it should really be one of the longtime members - who know how the forums are run, etc. I have no particular desire for mod-ship myself - I don't think I post enough/come to the forums enough anyway - but I think the suggestions that have been made so far are pretty good....

*shrugs* Just my two pennorth.

11-08-2001, 05:06 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

No-one posts on it and it was utter rubbish so I quit it RT. I admitt this forum is ten times better then my own and yours is
About 5 times better than mine cose you are still working hard on it lol!
I gave up cose mine were rubbish!!! hehehehehehehehh
We are both probably as good as each other on the job
Sos Rex for today kay i were being tight!
11-08-2001, 05:07 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

:
Originally posted by Pilot:
Oddbodd, I really appreciate the comment, but I'm just going to say, "May the good man win."
and you are the best... so I think I can allredy call you moderator

11-08-2001, 05:08 PM
Molluck
Howler Punk

Molluck  (11)

God I went mental on this topic u were right
Drag!!!

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: molluck ]
11-08-2001, 05:57 PM
Steel Shark
Spark Stunk

Steel Shark  (10)

Since Pilot is wanting the job I believe he too should be added to the list. So five mod's, this way all can get the job done with flying colors. Oddbodd I must add is very deserving considering the time and dedication he has put into this Forum, along with the others al for sure. So common pick all five I have mentioned, and all will be for the better.
11-08-2001, 06:16 PM
Oddsville
Oddworld Almanac

: Jun 2001
: Florida
: 1,830
Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)Oddsville  (236)

*sigh* I guess I agree with SteelShark on this, the five he has choosen seemed to have earned it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRSHXhJzsY

11-08-2001, 06:32 PM
Robbo
Sniper Wasp

: Oddworld
: 254
Robbo  (10)

I agree. From what little time I have been on the forums these 5 have definetly earned a mod status. Well done guys in advance. Oh no, I've jinxed it haven't I?

11-09-2001, 04:57 AM
ODDBODD
Outlaw Mortar

ODDBODD  (71)

:
Originally posted by Pilot:
URGH! YOU ARE THE GOOD MAN! *SLAPS HEAD* OISHIMOY

Common lets go by people who joind the forums earlier

11-09-2001, 06:47 AM
Steel Shark
Spark Stunk

Steel Shark  (10)

Ok it's all five, or you all got to bow down to the mighty Oddbodd, if only one can be chosen... It's him or I'm coming in packing heat....
11-09-2001, 02:44 PM
Gluk Schmuck
Not living with Max any more

: Sheffield, UK
: 2,874
Gluk Schmuck  (11)

i'd say a minimum of 3 or 4 mods would be needed at first, with the massive influx of new members, which will no doubt include several idiots...

Pilot, you ego-centric leviathon-symbiote!!!
tut!
11-09-2001, 07:04 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

O...k... Yes... Yes, Let's have us 5 as Mods... I can share, no problem... *sneaks off to prepare the Dragon Traps, the Human Traps, and the Leviathon-Symbiote Traps...*

Edit: *and Oddbodd Traps...*

No, seriously, I think SS has had the best idea. After all, we'll need someone on duty pretty much all the time, for such an important job, and I doubt if any one person spends all their time on the forums... They'd have to sleep sometime...

Come to think of it... *glances at Oddbodd, Em, Pilot, and Tom* They'll have to sleep sometime, too...

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: Rettick ]

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.