Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Off-Topic Discussion

06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
Then what will happen to the tiger that humps you? Oh wait, it isn't rape if you go willingly.
Hehe... yea it is...

:
Hmm Havoc might want to poke the tiger.
Well duh!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

: Mar 2007
: Beneath the sink
: 1,157
skillyaslig  (124)skillyaslig  (124)

okay...Well, I'm not above giving a kid a good smack if it pisses me off. Little pricks. Anyway, some pitbulls and stuff are scary, but thats due to kids mistreating them. My aunt has a rotweiler, I'm scared of it, as her kids hit it and smack it, so its mean. I'm just waiting for it to rip someones face off now.

06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

: May 2005
: Anigav
: 549
Salamander  (79)

:
Yep. Kids are little a***oles nowdays anyway. A good mauling from a dog is what they need.
Oh, so it's fine for kids to be traumatised, but no, animal cruelty is strictly taboo. I think you need to sort out your priorities.
Last edited by Salamander : Today at 05:18 PM.

06-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

: Oct 2006
: Scotland, Aberdeen
: 1,041
Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

:
Oh, so it's fine for kids to be traumatised, but no, animal cruelty is strictly taboo. I think you need to sort out your priorities.
Both are wrong, whooo! Though I think the thread is getting a little PETA-ish, with the putting animals before humans and all...Ah, what do I know about PETA anyway....Anyway, not really on topic, but Puppy mills suck and apparently iams the petfood is evil.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Daxter King
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2005
: Texas
: 2,207
Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)

:
How is a dog attack traumatizing? I was attacked by a dog and I still love mine. If a kid is being a prick then he deserves to be punished.
06-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander  (79)

:
How is a dog attack traumatizing? I was attacked by a dog and I still love mine. If a kid is being a prick then he deserves to be punished.
I don't know about you, but I would be traumatized if a dog ripped off my face.

EDIT: Is this what people on this forum have become? Monsters who put animals before humans and care nothing for children? Do you think it's acceptable for a child to be mauled and the justification for this crime is to be that said child was being cruel to aforementioned dog? Do you believe that we punish those who commit crimes in the way that they have broken the law? Letting the rapists be raped and the murderers be murdered? No. We are humans, not monsters, we can resolve our disputes fairly, should they involve humans. Animals are not humans, we should treat them with some level of respect but not put them on altars and worship them. No, they are not humans, so human law cannot apply to them. It's fair to kill an animal if it causes grievous body harm to a human, jail time is not an acceptable method for animals. We are humans, we are the masters of this planet, and we can do what we bloody well want, but it is us who will be living with the consequences. There are those who cannot make the decision that, while not nice, is right, so the decision must be made for them.

And if we have to remove a harmful animal from our society to save the life of a few, then we shall do so. There will be those who protest, but I have no doubt there are more who rather not have their or their childrens life ruined because of that one harmful animal that we let live amongst us. I know that there will people who will read this and hate me for it, I don't care what you think of me, I"ll stand up for what I believe in, even if that makes me a pariah.

Last edited by Salamander; 06-29-2007 at 04:20 PM..
06-29-2007, 04:00 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

:
Well I can promise you that if a dog rips of a kids arm after the kid hit him or pulled his tail, the little bastard won't ever in his life do it again. Good lesson if you ask me...

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

: Apr 2006
: England
: 1,008
Mutual Friend  (41)

:
Kids are little a***oles nowdays anyway. A good mauling from a dog is what they need.
:
*Claps in admiration*
:
... It's things like this that make me despise humanity and it's very existence.
Just so you fully understand this, fellow forum-ers, and I'm sure you've guessed it, but, regardless: THESE PEOPLE ARE COMPLETE RETARDS.

Gordon Bennet, what a sorry bunch.

06-29-2007, 06:23 PM
Daxter King
Outlaw Bomber

Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)Daxter King  (2137)

:

EDIT: Is this what people on this forum have become? Monsters who put animals before humans and care nothing for children? Do you think it's acceptable for a child to be mauled and the justification for this crime is to be that said child was being cruel to aforementioned dog? Do you believe that we punish those who commit crimes in the way that they have broken the law? Letting the rapists be raped and the murderers be murdered? No. We are humans, not monsters, we can resolve our disputes fairly, should they involve humans. Animals are not humans, we should treat them with some level of respect but not put them on altars and worship them. No, they are not humans, so human law cannot apply to them. It's fair to kill an animal if it causes grievous body harm to a human, jail time is not an acceptable method for animals. We are humans, we are the masters of this planet, and we can do what we bloody well want, but it is us who will be living with the consequences. There are those who cannot make the decision that, while not nice, is right, so the decision must be made for them.

And if we have to remove a harmful animal from our society to save the life of a few, then we shall do so. There will be those who protest, but I have no doubt there are more who rather not have their or their childrens life ruined because of that one harmful animal that we let live amongst us. I know that there will people who will read this and hate me for it, I don't care what you think of me, I"ll stand up for what I believe in, even if that makes me a pariah.
Fuck you.

I never said that it should be the kids punishment, you said attack, not ripping of the faces. SO you think it is okay to wipe out an entire breed to save some fucking toddlers face!? You sir, are an ass.
06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander  (79)

Bullshit sophisty. My post was based on Skillyaslig's post, which by the way, said "a good mauling". That implies that the person on the recieveing end is actually hurt badly, you can be attacked but not be injured, so read before you judge.

Also, this legislation affects America, not the entire world, this is not genocide.

06-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Patrick Vykkers
Right Wing Wanker

: Jun 2006
: New Zealand
: 1,466
Patrick Vykkers  (12)

If some kid pokes a dog endlessly, it ain't the dog's fault that he kid gets mauled. That's my stance.

06-29-2007, 07:34 PM
Daxter King
Outlaw Bomber

:
Bullshit sophisty. My post was based on Skillyaslig's post, which by the way, said "a good mauling". That implies that the person on the recieveing end is actually hurt badly, you can be attacked but not be injured, so read before you judge.

Also, this legislation affects America, not the entire world, this is not genocide.
You quoted me, I have to assume you are directed towards me. Just because it is in one country it isn't genocide? What do you call the holocaust? Thats beside the point, as I don't think killing animals counts as genocide.
06-29-2007, 10:15 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander  (79)

:
You quoted me, I have to assume you are directed towards me. Just because it is in one country it isn't genocide? What do you call the holocaust? Thats beside the point, as I don't think killing animals counts as genocide.

This is probably getting out of control, so I'm not going to say anything directly related to the topic, I'll just clarify this whole dog attack situation.

Skillyaslig said this:
:
Yep. Kids are little a***oles nowdays anyway. A good mauling from a dog is what they need.

I replied with this:
:

Daxter King said this:
:
>>

Now to clear up something else.
:
You quoted me, I have to assume you are directed towards me.
I did quote you, because I was directly responding to your quote, thus responding to you, but I was using Skillyasligs post of "A good mauling" as the basis of what I said. So I was actually saying "being mauled by a dog would be traumatising" rather than "Being attacked by a dog would be traumatising". There is a difference, being mauled actually shows that there is damage being dealt, while a dog attack implies that someone was attacked by a dog, but does not directly state that they have sustained damage as a result of being attacked.

Last edited by Salamander; 06-29-2007 at 10:18 PM..
06-30-2007, 12:48 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

:

Humans are harmful. We attack and kill each other, yet we allow theses far more dangerous-I hesitate to say people-live, and we usually let them free again. These people kill without reason, and dogs usually do it in self-defense. Also humans are NOT superior to dogs and other animals, we simply have the equipment and intelligence to treat the other creatures of Earth like our servants (Though some of us treat animals as close friends and respect them) So killing of ‘violent’ dogs, who defend themselves and are influenced by their disgusting owners, is justified? You suck eggs.

06-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

: Oct 2006
: Scotland, Aberdeen
: 1,041
Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

Aaaaand everyone is getting mad....Well I think if a dog is uncontrallably vicious, it should maybe be put down depending on the circumstances, but not an entire breed. That is just crazy.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

06-30-2007, 01:15 AM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

If a dog killed someone, it depends on the circumstances to decide if it is put down. We humans still suck though.

06-30-2007, 02:15 AM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander  (79)

:
Humans are harmful. We attack and kill each other, yet we allow theses far more dangerous-I hesitate to say people-live, and we usually let them free again. These people kill without reason, and dogs usually do it in self-defense. Also humans are NOT superior to dogs and other animals, we simply have the equipment and intelligence to treat the other creatures of Earth like our servants (Though some of us treat animals as close friends and respect them) So killing of ‘violent’ dogs, who defend themselves and are influenced by their disgusting owners, is justified? You suck eggs.
Yes, some people will treat animals and close friends, I never said that we shouldn't respect animals, I said that we should. But people won't necessarily treat all animals with respect, just because a man has a dog which he loves doesn't mean that he won't stomp on that cockroach that is in his room, or exterminate those woodworms which are destroying his house. Dogs do kill in unprovoked attacks, that's an undeniable truth.

06-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

Mutual Friend  (41)

:
If some kid pokes a dog endlessly, it ain't the dog's fault that he kid gets mauled. That's my stance.
That isn't a stance at all. I don't think anyone is actually blaming certain dogs for their inherent agression or denying that they are not provoked on occasion. That isn't the point of anyone's argument here.

06-30-2007, 07:06 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

It's one thing saying that if there is a truly violent dog that can't have it's disposition changed, then put it down. It's an entirely different point killing millions of animals because of the few, where it's either poorly raised and not properly controlled animals, or poorly raised child provocation of these animals or normal ones, and in most cases the only lviing thing that dies in these cases is the dog. Fatalaties are extremely rare, and the media blew about 1-2 cases up and caused the governemnt to do this.

So I mostly disagree with you, Salamander.

However, you made a ponit of not treating all animals quite the same. There is some logic to that, perhaps woddworms destroying a house, but I don't pointlessly kill beetles, cockroaches or ants or anything for fun like some sadists who do think it is in fact amusing.

Unprovoked dog attacks are 1 in 9,999,999,999,999. Well, not literally, but so ridiculously extremely rare that it's not worth any killing because of this. Usually, also, poorly trained or kept dog attacks are often classified as 'unprovoked' too, when it partially is, but the owner should take proper care of the dog.

Humans are the biggest threat to humans and the entire planet. Climate change, habitat destruction, extinction, murder, rape, poverty...all easily preventable and fixable (yes, even poverty. In 3rd world countries. They're only poor because of the UK, America and the likes anyway), but not. And all caused by, guess who? Humans. How unsurprising. We should all just stop breeding and die out. The world would be a much better place, then. But Humans aren't punished or killed for their actions nearly as severly as something like a dog, when they try their best to protect us. They earned the title "Man's Best Friend" for a reason. It wasn't made up.

I think this should be the case on this subject, perhaps: Allow current owners of Pit Bulls to keep them just as they were, but any future owners need a licence. No killing, but still licences and such involved. I see that as a win-win situation. However, it 'aint going to happen, because our government does not in fact listen to us. How many wars have been stopped by public protest? Zero. Iraq was (and still is) a pile of BS. There was another war (I don't recall where) where public, peaceful protesters were attacked by police. So much for our government. I'm surprised it hasn't all been overthrown yet, because it's not ruddy doing the job it should be doing, and it's not doing the purpose of why the government was first set up in the first place.

Humanity phails, pretty much. Well, government phails then. The t*ats. We mistreat everything, terribly. It could be so easy for us to sort everything out, but it'll never happen.
06-30-2007, 01:06 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

Well, I agree with what Zerox said...well wrote. We shouldnt kill a whole frigging breed of animals just some stupid kid and whoever got attacked. We should just die then, cause we kill more people then any other creature. But if a dog kill one person, theres this huge mass of hyteria and panic and we have to deal it in the best way we know how-kill it.

06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Flamefox
Stunk

: Jun 2007
: Werewolf swamp
: 46
Flamefox  (9)

Yeah, we cant kill a whole breed, thats just stupid. we humans are stupid though.

06-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Salamander
Rabid Fuzzle

Salamander  (79)

Zerox, although I do not agree with everything you say, I respect you for not verbally abusing me just because I have a different opinion to you.

Alot of people assume that pit bulls are inherently vicious, which is not strictly true, but it is fair to say that these dogs become vicious when treated poorly. These dogs are popular with the people we would deem as bad owners, so when a dog which has a natural level of "gameness" and is often owned by someone who will treat badly, these dogs will become vicious. I have changed my opinion on this legislation, I no longer think that it is fair to eliminate all pit bulls, but these dogs typically wind up with those people who cannot treat them with the level of respect that they deserve. So unless the Government can come up with a method of making sure Pit Bulls end up in a good home, and thus remove the threat of them becoming dangerous, this legislation might just go ahead.

06-30-2007, 04:37 PM
Dracula’s Ex
Stunk

: May 2007
: Transylvania
: 44
Dracula’s Ex  (10)

Indeed, just because a few dogs go bad and attack, and rarely kill someone or someones doesnt mean you should solve that problem by killing the entire breed for Oddsake. As Flamefox said, thats stupid. But we arent the most logical of creature, now are we?

06-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Fortesque13
Howler Punk

: Croatia
: 322
Fortesque13  (10)

So, simply put:If dogs don't wipe out humans, humans will wipe out dogs. And so is for every other species on Earth 'till they are all alone and have no choice but to canibalize themselves. I'm telling the truth, right? It's in their stupid nature to kill everything that lives, even though if it means a complete wipeout of the entire species. Than they have scientists to film documentaries about how bad that is and afterwards making experiments on animals.

Yes, I'm back... Yes, you'll all soon be licking my boots...

Last edited by Fortesque13; 06-30-2007 at 05:02 PM..
06-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Flamefox
Stunk

: Jun 2007
: Werewolf swamp
: 46
Flamefox  (9)

humans are filthy Hypocrites.

07-01-2007, 05:05 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

@Salamnder: That's why I feel that licencses should be given allowing you to purchase a pitbull. You undergo a series of tests, like a car driving test (well, a bit different, obviously), and if you succeed, you get a licence for about 1-2 years, maybe, so it can be regularly renewed, and if an owner loses the ability to do so, the dog is taken away and rehomed. Though I don't understand all these technicalities when we should be far more worried about SHARKS. DEAR LORD NO THE SHARKS ARE COMING FOR US[/sarcasm]
07-01-2007, 01:53 PM
LadySlig
Fuzzle

: Apr 2007
: In a dishwasher
: 120
LadySlig  (10)

Yes, though cows kill more people each year then sharks, so we should be killing all the cows so we dont get killed. Haha.
Every sorrow to forget."

07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Fortesque13
Howler Punk

: Croatia
: 322
Fortesque13  (10)

We already are killing cows for food...

Yes, I'm back... Yes, you'll all soon be licking my boots...

07-01-2007, 02:43 PM
skillyaslig
Outlaw Cutter

I dont think LadySlig means it like that. I think she means we should go do a 'goverment' and kill the whole 'breed' because they are dangerous. Like what those jackasses are doing to pitbulls and whatnot.

07-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Mutual Friend
Outlaw Cutter

Mutual Friend  (41)

:
humans are filthy Hypocrites.
Filthy how?

Why is being a hypocrite so bad? It's a virtual social necessity. Be proud your race has the ability to be proper, knowing hypocrites.

****ing pleb.