Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

09-02-2003, 11:06 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Nov 2001
: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

(Ok once again I am back I had computer trouble in the last three days. I was about to reply when things just went screwy sorry about that. The story is good so far I will reply more often now that my computer is fixed.)

The ground began to shake and pillers of stone rose up. Fire burst out of the ground all over the land of Mudos. The Inhabitants were screaming in horror as the nothing took its final grip of Mudos. Blarg knew it was time and so with his insect like wings he took to the air and hovered as his orb circled him. The others were afraid but Blarg comfort them.

"Quickly grab hold and I shall teleport you in to safty!" Blarg yelled. The captal started crumbling as the citizens were fleeing to safty but there was no hope as the nothing consumed everything. The thick blackness covered everywhere.

Even Geeble was in the middle of this. Blarg hummed as all of his friends lammy and the rest started to teleport within his orb.

"Whats going on here? said Lammy as his body was slowly teleporting into it. "Lammy you are being teleported into my Orb to safty as well as everyone else. We have no time. This is our vehical off this doomed continent!" yelled Blarg. Just before his friends were teleported into it.

"What about you Blarg?" and before Blarg heard Lammey, Saros and Ronan were inside.

Geeble was the last to be teleported as he was talking with Dramfor. Dramfor grabed hold of Geeble with the book and in the last moment they were teleported.

"Whats going on here?" as he screamed.

Mudos was being quickly destroyed as caos was everywhere Blarg was now alone but all of his friends were inside of his Orb. He only knew he had to teleport himself into his own orb. But the orb started mocking him.

"Fool you are, your friends are in me!"

"Shut up!" Blarg concentraited as he focused his teleportation ability on himself. Blarg was glowing blue as his body began to disappear into the orb.

Meanwhile as everyone was floating in the suspended infinaty of the orb everybody was cerious and confused.

"What is this place Blarg teleported us in?" Wheres Blarg?"

Suddenly Blarg reappeared inside the orb with the rest of his friends. As he too was safe from the outside world. Blarg was the only one who could control his orb and teleport people and himself in and out.

"Blarg where are we? This place is incredible! I am looking at what it appears to be moons and stars and galaxies, a whole universe in a small space. What sort of magic is this?" said the group.

"Don't worry we are inside my orb and we are safe for now. We had to get out of there because Mudos has been consumed. This is our vehical out of here. This orb is part of me which is infinate. I was born in this and I can control it. Right now we are leaveing as I speak. But we will head out of Mudos to the North into the arctic but it will be awhile until we get there. For now we need to stop on an island where I must speak to Morea the Ancient One.
She lives in the Swamps of Shame."

And so the gathering were saved luckily but for how long? Is the question. For the gathering has now left Mudos in hopes to bring an end to the Nothing. The orb with all of our heros within, were headed out to sea and behind them the Continent of Mudos was gone. Through the sunset the orb traveled swiftly and Blarg knew this event could be what he has been looking for all of his life.

"Lammy approached Blarg. "How do you know where we are going?"

"Look!" suddenly a little viewing window appeared in the fabric of infanity as everyone was amazed at what was in front of them. They saw nothing but open sea and behind them was the dark clouds of the Nothing.

"That my friends is whats left of Mudos this is my ship and I invite all of you with me. It will be dark soon we should relax now and conserve our strength." And the orb with our heros inside flew over the sea into the sunset on into the night.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-02-2003 at 09:47 AM..
09-02-2003, 07:03 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

: Jun 2003
: Montana
: 4,086
oddguy  (10)

What happened to the greatest storm the sea had ever seen? How did Geeble get all the way back to mudos? Well, while traveling in the ship, Blarg and the others saw that the nothing had overtaken the ocean. It was imposible to cross, so they were forced to go back to mudos, where Geeble had teleported himself earlier. He felt a dark presence and knew that Mudos was doomed. Geeble told Dramfor to have his kin take as many muds to safety as he could, but it was too late. Mudos had to fall in order to save Oddworld. It was but a small sacrifice in the big picture, but our heroes still morned.

09-03-2003, 03:15 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

It was morning as the Orb was flying smoothly over the un effected parts of the sea. The Nothing was out there somewhere growing and consuming the sea slowly every day. Only Mudos a memory now are heros morned. The others were tired and were questioning Blarg on his motives. They suspected he knew things they dident. There was nothing but open sea for miles in all directions as the orb passed over. Schools of gabbits were jumping through the water freely eating mass schools of worry fish. A pod of Sea Rexes were headed south ward to warmer waters. Everyone knew these creatures were native to Mudos and now these were some of the surviveors woundering the endless seas of Oddworld in hopes to reach a new home. The orb progressed onward.

"We must be half way across Oddworld by now." said Ronan.

"Yea I havent seen any sign of that menace anywhere nothing but open sea and a few remaining Mudos water inhabitants. It is sad that we lost Mudos we could have done something Blarg with our powers!" said Lammey

"Guys Blarg had good intensions. We couldn't have defeated that." said Saros.

"Well maybe I could have." said Geeble with his book.

"Yes my comrad speaks the truth I gave him this book of the Shrykull just before it happened and he teleported into it and came back liveing a lifetime. He knows things."said Dramfor

Blarg sat there silently staring at the sea guiding the orb through as the rest were contiplating the situation. He was listening to the conversation among his friends.

"You want to know who is to blame for this. Blarg,he prevented us from destroying it and costing millions of lives!" pointed Geeble.

"Yea its Blarg's fault!" said Saros.

Blarg turned to them and told them.
"You couldn't have defeated it. With all of your magic and mistic mojo its not good enough. Yur people the Mudokons have profacied of such things. Its in your book. Your book mentions about a time when Oddworld was prime evil. It mentions the one god that will defeat the nothing and bring Oddworld back. That one god we are in search for." explaned Blarg

09-03-2003, 04:43 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Geeble began to speak as they still flew over the vast oceans in the orb.
"Yes Blarg, we are in search of a God, but what you don't know is that this search is more of a challenge to become a God. There's more to Antarran than the sword of Darkon. Deep within there is a place where mudokons and Gods lived as one. It is the key to stopping this evil. I must get there," Geeble explained.

"What makes you think you will be this God," Blarg asked.

"Not I alone, but all of us. We need to work together. But you are special Blarg. You must go first, because this world is connected to you. Once you are a God, you will be immortal....an eternal being of great power. May I warn you all, this will not be easy. You will have to endure many trials which are different for each individual."

"It makes perfect sense," said Blarg. " I always knew I was destined for something greater."

09-03-2003, 10:59 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

The voice of the orb speaks as rumbleing sounds are heard throughout the infinite Universe in which our heros were placed. It spoke to Blarg and the rest.

"You seek the one that will destroy the Nothing. You seek the one god whome created Oddworld in the beginning. The sord of Darkon you must possess only then the true one will find his quest!" explaned the voice of Blargs Orb.

"The true one?" asked Blarg "What true one do you speak of orb?"

There was silence and the orb ignored his question.

"Noooooooooooooooooo! not again you cursid Orb all my life you spring forth riddles of sillyness to me why orb why do you mock me?"

"You don't know Blarg. You use to remember of such things but time has corrupted your mind and you have forgotton the profacy!" said the voice. You are now beginning to understand it. You are only learning your destany as time goes on. Seek Morea the Ancient One and she will halp you. Antarron is far and dangerous. The creatures of the cold are nightmares that reside the frigid lands of Antarron. You must be prepared to enter in such a wilderness. All of you must be prepared. Only through Morea a wise elderling you will get prepared, for the task at hand is great! Seek her and you shall be lead to the Sord of Darkon in the continent of Antarron.

"Why can't you tell me it."

"Because you are not ready to handle such a fate. you will understand in time." explaned the voice.

"No please tell me now! No don't leave no!"

"In time, in time, in time, in time as the voice echoed away.

"What was that Blarg?" asked Saros.

Blarg sat there annoyed as he turned to Saros and the rest.

"That my friend is my mentor, The orb is a liveing spirit that birthed me aswell as our ship. The voice mocks me and sends these riddles to me and all my life I have been searching for answers to my life.
What am I who am I? Whats my purpose and why am I the only member of my kind? I know that I was born in the beginning days of Oddworld concieved through my orb thats all I remember. When I was discovered in a crevus in Scrabania years ago by Abe himself I was primative. My speech was rather primative aswell. I was insynificant to the cultures of Oddworld and my powers I couldn't control. I was pretty much a walking time bomb unaware of things going on around me. I only knew that me had to find purpose!" as Blarg laughed. "Thats how I use to talk in those days!" as he smiled. The result of my early primativeness is this universe you see around you. I now understand that I created this Universe through my primativeness because I was simply bored."

"As time passed I became aware of my situation when I was following Abe and Munch across the wilderness in search for the Raison. We were ambushed by sligs and I was kidnapped by Vykkers only to find out Molluck was going to use my powers to bring the slave labors to its knees to get back at Lady Margret the Glukkon queen. We put a stop to that. After that event of my life I became more and more aware of my destany. I was getting closer and still am. At the same time I am getting smarter and wiser than ever before. The knowledge which flows through my veins is incredible. Ive learned to control my powers and I am ever closer to that mystery of my life my origin.

I am not that primative being I was years ago. I am wiser and inteligant now and I am determind to figure this out. Some how all of you are part of my destany as part of a whole. Thats my story what are your stories and your destanys? All I know is that somehow our destanys are one." explained Blarg.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-03-2003 at 03:20 AM..
09-03-2003, 02:42 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

: California
: 1,188
GrigtheSlig  (23)

"Hey, don't worry about it right now Blarg." Saros said, trying to comfort Blarg. They had actually gotten to be friends now! And now that Saros realized that he was the only remaining person of his kind, he realzed that they aren't so different afterall!

"Ok, we should all try to get some sleep!" said Lammy, trying to get off the deppressing topic.

"There's no need to sleep here," said Blarg "The energy from my orb rejuvinates you without you having to go to sleep."

"Oh, well, let's do something constructive!" said Ronan, looking bored.

"Well, Saros and I are going to go meditate over there." said Blarg, pointing in a direction.

So Blarg and Saros sat down and began to chant. They chanted for a while, and to no avail. And while you meditate with another person, you can talk to them telapathicly!

{Nothing's happening,} said Blarg, being imatient.

{Well, lets just chant for a little longer...} Saros said.

So they kept on, and on, and on! And when they finally were about to stop, Saros began to talk rapidly and out loud, it was his voice, but it wasn't him talking...

"Who dares to summon me!" said Saros's voice.

"I didn't do it!" said Lammy, who had come over to see what was going on.

"We, my friend and I, were trying to contact someone that could help us, but we weren't aiming for anyone in particular. May I ask the name of who we had the great chance to summon?" said Blarg trying not to offend.

"No-one knows my true name, but you can call me The great One!" said "The Great One"

"The Great One?" said Geeble in awe. "I thought that you were a myth!"

"No myth am I Geeble," said the great one.

"Anyway, do you think you could help us?" said Ronan.

"I can. I do know your purpose, but I do not understand why you flee Mudos."

"Mudos was on the verge of destruction when we left." said Blarg "There was no way it could have been saved."

"What are you talking about? I'm meditating from Mudos as we speak!" said the great one.

"I know what I saw, maybe your area is the only remaining part of Mudos?"

"Perhaps, my cave where I reside was blessed by the first travelers to come to Mudos..."

"Or, perhaps what we saw was something trying to keep us away from Mudos," said Geeble, stepping in.

"Hmmm, this is puzzling indeed!" said the great one.

"I know what I saw!" said Blarg defiantly.

"We will ponder this greatly..." said the great one. "The reason I came in the first place, was because Saros is a Meech. I felt his loneliness like a peircing scream. I wanted to tell him that I have some Meech's in my keeping!"

"Truly?!" said Geeble "You have the last remains of the Meech race?"

"Yes, I aqured them a few weeks ago, when I was exploring the ice caverns of Nacrador. The eggs were emeded within the ice, so I retrieved them, and brought them back with me to raise. They are expected to hatch in 2 days or so. I wanted Saros to have them. So I intersepted your call, and now I'm here to give him some extra power so he can teleport to see his new babies!"

"That's wonderful!" said Lammy with tears in his eyes. He had been friends with Saros for a long time, and what Saros wanted more than anything, was a bunch of babies.

"Yes, for now I must go, I will meet with all of you in the future. Saros may go unconsious, so help him as he needs."

Apparently the great one left, because at that moment, Saros began to glow blue, than green, red, yellow, orange, all colors that you could think of. He began to float in the air, he grew wings, and strange markings began to scrawl there way across his skin. A moment later, he hit the ground with a thud. He was sweating, but was cold. He was now blue skinned and the scrawling was green, with greenish blue wings. The green scrawl looked like writing, but it was undisernable. Lammy rushed over to help him.

"Saros, are you ok?"
"Saros? Umm, yes, i'm fine."

And he slept.

Last edited by GrigtheSlig; 09-03-2003 at 08:09 AM..
09-03-2003, 09:49 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

: Aug 2003
: Location: Location.
: 814
Dave  (10)

(ooc: I decided to write in the first person. it just seems easier)

As Blarg and Saros began their meditation, I wandered around inside the confines of the orb. He had been fighting with himself ever since he had heard of Geeble's fight for the book of Shrykull. Why him? Why not me? Didn't I deserve this as much as Geeble, or anyone, for that matter? So I'm not as strong or smart as the others, big deal! I know he deserved the privilege of the Shrykull chant. But, with the book under Geeble's careful watch, how could I hope to obtain it? I couldn't.
Unless ....
I checked to see if anyone was paying attention. Geeble and Lammy were talking about regular stuff, and Saros had just come out of his meditation and was being tended to by Blarg. Not bad ... good, even. Geeble and Lammy noticed, and started over to help out. I made like I was meditating, and the others respected it (or ignored it, maybe) and left me alone.
Then, carefully, I began to meld out. I could only stay camoflauged for a short while, but there should be enough time for me to grab the book of Shrykull in that time.
My colors melted together and faded into the background of the orb's walls. I stood up silently when I was sure to be completely unnoticeable. I tiptoed over and crept up behind Geeble. He had temporarily set the book down next to him, so as to examine Saros more carefully. I squatted down to the ground and grasped the book by its edge! Aha! I picked it up, and stelthily slid backward to my original place. Breathing out, I popped back into view and sat down. Cautiously, I opened the cover, and began to examine the first page .....

I felt a tug in my chest, and I went falling and swirling and turning ... it seemed to last forever. And then ...
THUD! I was back on the floor, with the book closed. I knew all about Shrykull. I knew all of Mudos' history. I knew how it had started, and how it was prophecised to one day fall. And naturally, I knew all of the exploits of the last one to become Shrykull: Abe himself. And most importantly, I felt a great power surging within me ... but it couldn't have been ... nah.
Suddenly I remembered I had been near my friends inside a high velocity orb across the oceans. I jerked around to see what the others were up to. Amazingly, after all that time, they were still looking over Saros. Thank Odd! I quickly melded, and snuck over to put the book down where Geeble had left it, then popped back into sight.
"What's up with Saros?" I asked.
Lammy wasn't too worried. "Nothing. He's cool. Apparently he and Blarg had a vision, which, among other things, said that he would experience a ... well, an enlightening experience. And this is supposed to be it."
"Ahh ... I see. Anything I can do?"
Blarg looked over at me, then squinted. I think he sensed what I had done. I looked at him pleadingly, as if to say "Please don't say anything!" but I didn't know.
Lammy, however, spoke with no interuption. "Nah. He'll be fine. Not to worry."

After a short while, Saros recovered. He had waltzed over and joined Geeble, who was doing some examination of the ancient runes in the book. Lammy was meditating with Blarg, who only feigned it. He stole suspicious glances at me ever few seconds.
Things continued this way for a while, and at last Blarg erupted.
"I can't take it! Ronan, what are you hiding? I want to hear your story right this second!"
As I had been walking around aimlessly, this caught me off guard, and I tripped. "What's that?"
Saros, Lammy, and Geeble had looked up. They all, aparetnly, sensed something similar to what Blarg did.
I guess there was no choice. I had to tell my story ....

I was born long ago, in the days of Abe. Hatched from a labor egg he and Munch rescued from the fabled Vykkers Labs. Shortly after my birth, our village was ransacked, and I was the sole survivor. I was left to my own devices, and to fend for myself for four months. Eventually, a slig happened upon me, and I was enslaved in a sloghut. Sloghut 4769-D. It is here that I learned of a limited bit of self-defense.
One night, the slogs broke out of containment. There was a sudden heat wave in the sloghut that had driven them into a completely uncontrollable monsters. Quickly overpowering all the Scrubs, and several sligs, my boss, Trotsky the Glukkon, decided to call for lockdown. "No Scrubs will escape," I recall him saying. "We needn't another Abe!"
Little did he realize ... My self defense "lessons" came to be of use. In all the chaos and confusion, I had managed to knock out a slig. Thinking quickly, I .... procured some meat from his body, and grabbed his gun. The meat would distract the slogs, I knew, and the gun would keep me safe.
Hurrying about, I gathered more scrubs, heading down to the water tank in the basement. I thought it was enough like a boiler... so I took my followers and broke into the room. The water tank was already fuming: as the heating system's center, I easily came to a conclusion. I had to destroy the heater!
But, what about my companions? How to save them?
Just as I thought it, I heard a chanting. I looked around, and my mudokon friends were chanting in perfect rhythm. I watched as they flashed blue, and the very feathers on their heads fluttered off to became birds. They gathered together, and formed a ring. I suddenly knew what to do. I shouted, "Thank you all! Now get ready!"
I dropped the gun, and pressed my palms together, then rotated my arms. The birds pulled together and formed a blue-white portal. The muds ran up to it and jumped through. I stopped chanting, and as the birds dissipated. I went back down to grab the gun, but .... it was gone! Uh oh.
"Freeze!" A slig! I was toast. Then it hit me. Snoozer! There was always an emergency Snoozer control in every important room. And what more important room than the water heater?
So I played along. Raising my arms and standing stock still, I turned around, keeping my face to the ground.
"What were all those sounds, scrub?" he asked.
I grunted, "I was chanting near the boiler in hopes of stopping the heat problem." Clever enough lie, if I do say so myself. But he didn't buy it.
"What were the lights then, maggot?"
"Uhh ... That was a sign my chant was working. You interrupted me just as it was--"
"Aha!" the slig suddenly said. Oh, no! Busted. Then: "Here, boy! Good sloggie!" He had found a slog! I was dead for certain. but the slog smelled fresh meat. He ignored the slig and trotted over to me. Yes! forget the Snoozer, maybe I could command the slog!
I reached into my pouch and pulled out a hunk of meat with a little bone still stuck in it. I dropped it in front of the slog, who messily swalloed it. He growled at me for more, so I handed him all I had. He really had a taste for it, aparently. Of course, he wanted more, so ... "Good sloggie. Guess what? that was slig meat. You want some more?"
The slog salivated heavily.
I pointed at the awestruck slig in the doorway, as the slig spun around. "There's a slig! Get'im!"
The poor slig never understood what had happened. The slog was eating his innards as I began to chant again; not to stop the heater, but to speed it up. It was almost at a critical level, when ....
"YOU!"
Trotsky! I was definately dead now. He was accompanied by two sligs with guns. "You are now officially slog chow. Show 'em."
One of the sligs held up the remains of a brutally murdered slog. Oops. My slog.
Meanwhile, (as I assume, since I never found out) the muds I had liberated gathered as many friends as possible to chant for my own freedom. All I knew was that Trotsky and his sligs right then and there burst into blue flame, and from the ashes emerged eight birds. They were jagged and discolored, but they were birds. They joined and opened a white portal.
Behind me an alarm was ringing. The extra heat from their fire had added to the boiler. Without another thought, I leapt into the portal, just as the water tank exploded.
I hit the ground in the village in which I lived before meeting Geeble. Right in the middle of a gathering of mudokon shamans. i was instantly recognized as one of the Nine Great Muds of Legend, of which Abe was naturally one. Well, how could I turn down such a title? They were very willing to train me to reach their great level of Shaman, but my training was incomplete when the Big Nothing struck us. I walked across a scorched plain that was once my village, and out into the woods, where I met Geeble. We lived together in the woods for several months when Blarg found us.

"Okay," I finished. "Now you know I was sent reeling through time. Happy now? I am a primative mudokon of Mudos who used bird portals to save people instead of your fancy teleportation! Happy now?!"
I felt very unsettled to have revealed my past, but still mildly relieved.
Everyone was satisfied, however. I could only thank Odd that I hadn't been asked to reveal my secret of stealing the Shrykull notes. I was extremely relieved.
There was a solid minute of silence.
Then, from Blarg: "Uh ... huh. But I wanted to know why you took the book of Shrykull from Geeble."

Busted.

OOC: okay, now someone should erupt at ronan about his sneakiness
also, i was wondering wether or not it was going to be in the plan that we all ended up with shrykull powers eventually anyways .... but oh well. thats my long overdue post and Ronan's official backstory.

09-03-2003, 10:14 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Blarg was praying to his orb as he looked down at Saros. Something came over his mind at that moment. Blargs eyes were opened as he wispered to himself.

"I.......am the one! The one god that will bring our world to balance. The one god whome was birthed by his own creation......
Concieved in the belly of this rock I am that one god!"

Everybody looked at him confused.

Meanwhile the Orb was approaching the Island of the Swamps of Shame where Morea the Ancient One lived. Everyone knew that the swamps were dangerous. And if the sadness of the swamps were to get to someone the swamp will over take them and they will be lost in the mists of the bog.

"The swamps approached." said Blarg

Slowly everyone was teleported out of the orb and outside onto swamp. Blarg prayed one last time before he teleported himself out of the orb. As Blarg teleported himself out the Orb once again circled and disappeared into his relm.

"My friends we have made our way across the sea to Island of Morea in the Swamps of shame. We must seek here out. Don't let the swamps get to you."

And so our heros were back on solid ground out of the orb in search of Morea the Ancient One. Blarg knew she was well hidden.

(Let me do the voice of Morea because there is a certain arrogants with her I like to express through my writeing. Lets have our characters be searching the deadly swamps for her for now)

09-03-2003, 10:35 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

(ooc: Dave, when Geeble opened the books of Shrykul, he got all old and stuff, and it seemed like years to him. So, what happened to you? Is everyones expierence different?)

09-04-2003, 06:57 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

Everyone started to walk forward to begin the search of Morea, but Geeble stood in front of them and everyone knew to listen to his words.
"Listen everyone," he started, "WE are the only hope for Oddworld now and we don't need to decieve one another. We must work together....not against one another. Blarg is somehow conected to Oddworld, but that does not mean he doesn't need us. We are all one in task....and soon we will all be one in power."

Blarg interupted, "I made Oddworld.....I made the entire universe! This is my task!"

"Yes, you made universe, but only one dimension of the universe.....everyone else here made the other ones, so you see......we must all be together on this and not be divided."

"How do you know this," asked Saros.

"Well, I learned a few things while being taught by the book of Shrykul, and Ronan can testify of my words as well. Anyway, before we were born on Oddworld, we lived with the Gods in our pre-life and they appointed us to create the universes and worlds within. The great evil used to be a God as well, but he was jelious that we got to make worlds and he did not, so he started a war and the only way to stop him was to cast him and his followers to a planet where they could have bodies and die. Well, it seems that the evil found a way to become immortal and we were fore-ordained eons ago to be sent down here with bodies as well so we could destroy the evil. But that doesn't mean that we can't have help from the Gods.....that's what we're seeking for now."

09-04-2003, 10:31 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

"That is right Geeble we are individual gods not yet born. Before Oddworld the five Orbs of power traveled through space. When they converged upon each other Oddworld was thus born. I am learning in time and I was arrogant because I couldn't understand the concept of the One. but I am seeing it now. We all have to become gods in order to become the One. But first we must become the gods we once were before Oddworld existed in the Universe." Explaned Blarg.

"I am known as the keeper. The first being to watch over the rest that is why I am connectected to everything. You Geeble are the worror the one to protect us from evil. Ronan is the wise one of us. He springs forth knowledge to the inhabitants of Oddworld. Saros you are the deliver. You bring the message of piece to Oddworld. And lastly Lammey you are the travaler. You will bring the inhabitants to a new world.

Together we are the One. The One god to bring down the Nothing that has choked this land. We were cast here to be mortal creatures by the loss of our Orbs of power. I found my orb 100 million years ago and I turned into my imortal self. I was primative at the time thus makeing a walking time bomb. The orb mocks because it knows that I couldn't control this new power so it in time led me to you. It is its way of teaching."

"Well how do we become individual gods Blarg?" asked Geeble.

"Each of us has their own Orb of power. I already possess mine for I am in my true form. The creature Blarg is my godly form but I am no god yet. That is why we seek Morea. theres one more component that must be found after the rest of you find your Orbs of power. And that is why we seek Morea."

"I now understand my destany. and it is with all of you. Combined we will become the one."

"Saros is understanding this aswell. For he is the first that is transforming into a related creature such as I. Look at the wings he sprouts. When all of you came into my life it hit me like an arrow that we were connected someway all of us and that this quest will somehow fullfill my destany. I realised there is more of my kind and you are my kind. You all will eventually such as Saros will transform into your godly forms. I was always in this form because I am the keeper. For some Odd reason you changed into other species like Mudokons and the Meech. When we realised our species fate we began to realise the destany of the one. We are the One."

Blarg now understood his intensions and he knew what the rest had to do. At the same time they seek Morea for the wisdom they need to obtain from her, so that they may complete the quest of the gathering. The gathering of the five gods of Oddworld. But will the rest believe this to be so? For Saros already believes thus he is changeing into his true form.

Last edited by paramiteabe; 09-04-2003 at 02:54 AM..
09-04-2003, 02:10 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

"Does that mean we all get orb things?" said Saros

"I'm not sure, maybe," said Blarg.

"Hmm,ok, well, lets find Morea already." Saros said.

"Ok, first we must climb the sald-rock of Othor. It's a very hard climb, and might take a few days." said Blarg.

"Well, I think that if we can wait here for a while, I think I may be able to summon enough streangh to teleport us to the top of the mountain,and if I can't, I can let you ride on my back. Individually of course." Saros said looking at the size and weight of everyone.

"Sounds like a plan then," Blarg said

So when they finally got to the sald rock of Othor, they waited for a while, and finally the time came when Saros thought that he had summoned enough strength to teleport them.

"OK, i'll try to get Blarg up first, he needs to talk to Morea." said Saros. "Clear your mind Blarg, with any luck, i'll be able to get you up there no trouble..."

"No, Geeble should go first, i'll stay and help you if I can." said Blarg, sitting down next to Saros.

"Ok, Geeble your up!" Saros declared. "Clear your mind. When you get up there, throw a rock down to make sure I landed you in the right spot. And wait for all of us, don't go anywhere yourself."

Saros closed his eyes, started to chant, and started to glow. Geele started to become less and less visible until he was no longer standing there.

"Nice job Saros!" said Ronan, looking impresed.

Saros opened his eyes. The wind began to blow swiftly. He then realized what had happened...he aquired Geebles powers as he teleported him up there! He wondered if because he was a Meech, he could only use the wind, but put it in the back if his mind.

"Whoa, this is wierd!" Saros said, and he told them when he had discovered.

A rock fell from above, it was Geeble's signal that he got there ok.

"Cool! Teleport me next!" said Ronan, looking exited.

"Ok, remember, clear your mind, otherwise your brain will be left here and your body up there." Saros said.

"OH! Ok, clearing mind..." said Ronan, startled.

Saros began, in an instant, Ronan was gone.

"Maybe you get better at doing it every time!" said Blarg.

"Maybe." said Saros, breathing heavily. He was getting tired.

"Try to camoflouge yourself," said Lammy

"I'll try later, it might make me tired."

"Ok, my mind is clear, do it now." said Lammy

"Give me a minute,"

Saros was very tired, he felt as if he hadn't slept in a week. But he started to teleport Lammy anyway. Lammy was gone in a flash of bright green.

"Ok, you next," said Saros to Blarg.

"We can wait for a little longer, you look really tired."

"No, we have to get to the rest of the group, we can't be separate."

"Okay, can we teleport at the same time?"

"No, i'll just fly up."

"Okay, my mind is always clear, teleport when you wish."

Saros wanted to get up there ASAP. So he teleported Blarg with a flash, and was all alone. He rested for a minute, and then began to fly up. This took a while, but they were all waiting for him when he landed.Saros landed and slept. When he woke up, he talked to the group about what happened.

"Do you think you have all of our abilities?" said Geeble.

"I don't know, maybe I should try to do something..."

"CAMOFLAUGE!" said Ronan first.

"Ok, camofaluge..." Saros said as he walked over to a tree and sat down.

He began to meditate on becoming invisible, the way Ronan did, but nothing was working...he didn't feel any different.

"I don't think it works guys," said Saros opening his eyes. He loked down at himself, and he looked though himself!

"It works!" said Ronan. "Cool! Now we have 2 camoflaugers!"

(ooc: it that better?)

Last edited by GrigtheSlig; 09-04-2003 at 05:07 PM..
09-04-2003, 02:40 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Its quite simple you guys I have been useing these types of powers for millions of years now. At first its hard to get the hang of it but as your powers settle in you will be able to do things only gods could do. For instance!"

Blarg yelled out the name of the element of water. "I summon water!" And thus a stream of water went over the hill.

"Hey Blarg do that again." said Ronan.

"I summon rock!" Suddenly out of nowhere rocks and bolders began to push up out of the ground.

"That is only half of our powers."

"Theres more?"

"Yes for instance." Blarg then began to grow in size as he became a huge vicious beast and then he shrunk back to size.

"Theres even more. We mind sweep control other minds to do our will and its only for good. We can summon elements and turn into elements aswell as transforming ourselves into beasts is another ability you have. The down side of such abilities is that you will be temperally weakon by your powers. Saros that was why you were tired when you were teleporting us. We could all teleport. And yes Saros you have your very own Orb of Power. All of you do. But you have to find them like how I did eons ago. Once we have the rest of the orbs and the final component we will be able to turn into the gods we are. Now we only have some of the godly abilities but not all. Your Orb will speak to you just like mine only it will be a different personality but it will an annoying thing but thats the nature of the orbs." explaned Blarg.

09-04-2003, 03:03 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

"Hey cool! So if I said 'I want fire" fire would..."

As Saros said that, a great ball of fire flew in his direction. He didn't know how to use the powers he had yet.

"I summon water!" yelle Blarg, and he put out the fire that was flying all over the place.

"Do you know what this means?" said Geeble. "It means that you can do all the things that the rest of us can! You must be taught the ways of all our powers!"

So for the rest of the night, and into the morning, Saros learned the proper ways to us all of their powers. He knew everything he needed to know.

"Ok, thanks guys! I think I know how to do everything..."

He tested all that he learned, he summoned Scrabs and Paramites, he created something out of nothing, he summoned the elements, without running them wild, and everything else.

It was the second day since they had talked to "The Great One." Saros was fully rested from using his new powers, and was going to teleport over to see his kids while they were born.

"I'll be back soon everyone!" he said before he left.

"Be careful!" they all shouted.

"I will."

He teleported with a flash and was gone.

09-04-2003, 08:40 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

(sorry folks i had school today .... junior year is gonna suck. anywho, yes, i figure we all have diffrent experiences when reading the book of shrykull.... and some quick little notes on my camoflague power i don't change my image to look like things i change my colors like a chameleon and am practically transparent. and, if i were to drop concentration, i would drop the invisibility, so if saros were imitating me, he would've become visiblew when he was shocked at having mastered the power ... make sense? oh, and the God of Wisodom is a very flattering job... thanks!)

"So," I started. "Why can't we all learn to teach each other our abilities and skills? I mean, if we are all intertwined, we should be able to duplicate each other's powers. What do you think?"
Lammy shrugged. "I suppose. It seems like it may come in handy. Blarg? What do you think?"
Blarg nodded. "Makes perfect sense. We'll need to be able to copy eachother eventually. Now's a great time to start."
"Excellent! I think mine may be the most physically taxing, so we should start with meldi--er, camoflague."
General agreement from the others. We must've all been too bored.
I stood back and demonstrated my little talent, just as an introduction. The tree Saros had melded to was easily adapted by my skill. And, ta da, I was practically invisible. The little shimmering heat wave I left behind was getting dimmer all the time. My shadow was already down to nothing. The others clapped appreciatively. I relaxed and popped back into sight. "Camoflague is not a very ... simple art. But, as we are all ... one being, I suppose, you should master it easily. Ready to start?"
General assent and nodding.
"Good. Now, you need to clear your minds, much like when Saros needed to teleport us. Clear your minds."
They all closed their eyes, except Blarg, who "was always clear minded." When I had given them ample time, I spoke again.
"Now, the next thing is to picture the color of your skin. Not that complicated. Picture it as if everything you see is your color."
Several faces scrunched, but they quickly sorted out. Slight nods meant they were ready.
"Now, think deeply about your surroundings. Don't picture anyone being here, just think about where you are. You needn't a clear picture, but it should at least be accurate. Go ahead."
I watched their progress. After a few seconds, I saw Blargs color fading, and he quickly picked up. A few seconds later he was gone. But from being an experienced melder, I could track him like he was outlined in neon in the pitch darkness of night. Geeble, after a few failed attempts, slid into the background. Lammy had a harder time, and could only fade random patches of skin.
"Okay, you all need to keep your concentration up. Dropping concentration means dropping your camoflague. Lammy, for instance, you need to focus harder. Try not to be distracted."
We continued like this for a little while, and at last they had all successfully melded into the background.
"Excellent! You guys got it!"
I coached them in moving around stealthily and silently, so as to complete the hidden picture. This was much easier; we all played like Abe sneaking. Completely silent!
"Okay! Good work. You can drop it now. And no hiding! I'm an expert, and know where you all are."
Three loud gasps, and my companions became visible again.
Lammy nodded, clearly impressed. "You know, I never appreciated how hard that must be for you until just now, Ronan. That was quite an experience."
Geeble and Blarg enthusiastically agreed.
"Thanks," I said simply. "I've been wondering about some of your powers, Lammy. Why don't you enlighten us?"
Lammy accepted the friendly challenge. "All right, gentlemen. Let's get started ....."

09-05-2003, 12:55 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

(Whooo! I'm a warrior! Thanks Paramiteabe!)

"So, we are seaking Morea so she can enlighten us so that we're prepared to travel to Antarron. There we will be tested so we can find our orbs....right?" Geeble asked Blarg.

"Yes, but it will take us a while to find Morea. She lives in another dimension around these parts and is constantly moving," answered Blarg.

Then Geeble felt something tug at his heart. Everyone sensed it as well.

"What is that?" asked Lammy.

"The nothing is drawing near from the sea. All of you, go.....I'll slow it down."

"We have to stay together," Ronan yelled to Geeble as he dissapeered into the mist of the swamps.

Geeble walked towards the ocean and an evil black figure rose from the sea.

Geeble ran towards it and jumped inside it's being. Then they both dissapeared into nowhere.

Saros had allready made it to Mudos to see the Meeches born, but as he walked he saw his earlier prophesy of Geeble dying entered his brain and knew it had come true!

09-05-2003, 01:19 AM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

Saros was with his new babies! HE was so exited! There were about 10 of them, 5 boys and 5 girls! He already gave them names too! Geeble, Ronan, Lammy, Blarg, and Saros JR. were the boys, and Gardle, Sawns, Andle, Sanct, and Arnys were the girls! We hadn't felt this happy in a long while! He was going to have to go soon, but the Muds what lived in the cave with the great one would take care of them. He was going to stay as long as he could. They were sweeking in Meech, it was so cute! He loved them so much! He decided to teach them how to speak Native languge and Meech! He was just letting them take a ride on his back when...He saw Geeble dying as before, but this time he knew that it was happening right now.

09-05-2003, 10:49 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

(Oddguy Morea doesn't live in another demension she lives well hidden in the swamps. And she is enormous and ancient and also Arrogant. She believes there is like two of her as one and she is sort of senile and grumpy and always wants to be alone to sleep. Just thought I let everyone know. I will introduce her there is a certain way I like to introduce her into the story so wait on that.)

09-05-2003, 01:26 PM
GrigtheSlig
Outlaw Cutter

GrigtheSlig  (23)

(ooc: Paramiteabe! You don't even care that Geeble died! You should be lamenting as we speak! I can't believe you! Poor Oddguy! I mean Geeble! Oh well.)

09-05-2003, 09:14 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

The anger surged through Blarg for the death of Geeble. He cried out loud.

"GEEBLE!"

Suddenly the ground began to shake and move as it interupted his grieving. A mound rose out of the ground and a low moaning noise came from within. Blarg knew this something liveing.
Suddenly its face came out of the mud. The enormous worm squrmed its way out of the mud. 50ft in size it blocked Blarg's path. Blarg knew he was in the presance of Morea.

"Who disturbes our sleep?" yawned Morea.

"It is I the Creature Blarg. You are Morea the Ancient One?"

"Maybe we are maybe were not whats it to ya?"

"We need your help!"

"For eons we lived for many lives." replied Morea.

"Who?"

"Me and myself. But whats it matter to ya?"

"We need your help."

"Help what sort of help?"

"We need advice on how we can find the Sword of Darkon. Please our comrad Geeble has been lost by the monster called the nothing."

"Thats some story you have there. Nothing matters!"

"Please help me!"

"Go away nothing matters. We don't care about you!"

"If you don't care you will die!" yelled Blarg.

"Die? Now that is something."

"Help us!" Blarg cried out.

"Leave us you annoying bug so we can sleep!"

"Please help us! You here that? The nothing is comming!"

"If it will leave us alone then we shall help. You will have to find the orbs of power before you enter the Northern wilderness. They are scattered on a Continent known as Crilas. Crilas I warn you though is a dangerious place locked in civil war. Demons of all kinds hunt the lands. Monsters roam and evil exist. You will have to fight in order for your friends to find their orbs of power. You Blarg can bring your friend back to life because you are the Keeper. Now leave us alone and let us sleep!" explaned Morea as she went back into the mud and snored.

09-06-2003, 12:33 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

(oof! I only just read of geebles death ... i hate high school! anywho, may i ask what happened to our teaching eachother our abilities? just wondering ....)

So, we wandered off, back the way we had come. Down to the swamp where we had lost Geeble. Then Blarg stopped. "Ronan," he said, "you're supposed to be the master of wisdom among us. How about explaining exactly what all of our properties are?"
I was a little surprised at the sudden request. But, strangely, it seemed to be no problem. I guess being The Wisdom has these advantages.
"Well, it's pretty much what Blarg had said not long ago. Blarg, you are The Keeper, the first living being in ... well, the universe. You are connected to everything, and can manipulate anything you need to, like the elements--like your fire and water summoning. It is for this reason that Morea says that you can bring Geeble back to life. You control life ... but not death... In any case, you can revive lost souls with little to no effort. But I do believe that you can only do it so many times to one entity. Hopefully, it will not effect our conjoined destinies." Blarg seemed satisfied, and proceded to ask how exactly he does it. "You simply .... uh .... I think you need to focus your mind on the one you want to revive, and ... chant. I'm going to warn you, though, I'm having issues seeing this particular task, let alone seeing it work. Go for it."
Blarg nodded and closed his eyes. It was obvious he was concentrating hard. Then, abruptly, he lifted his arms and chanted. Within seconds, we saw a spirit-like form of a very, very young Geeble swirl up from simple nothingness. He seemed to be a little relieved to have been found after his uncomfortable disappearance.
"Hello there!" Geeble chuckled. He was actually a pretty decent looking guy, now that he was a spirit. "I take it that Blarg learned of one of his specific powers. But ... Ronan, I believe you need to be the one to construct a new body for me." Blarg opened his mouth to protest, but Geeble silenced him with a ghostly hand. "I know that you are in charge of life, but Ronan controls science. Therefore, he needs to be the one to create a body."
I realized ... he had to knock that off! "Stop reading my mind!" I joked. "It isn't very nice." I proceded to chant and raise up materials from the ground. I was working with my chant to model a new, younger, stronger body for Geeble.
Geeble spoke, though. "Oh, but I find your mind so comfortable, so spacious. How can I possibly go anywhere else?"
We all laughed, as the body was completed.
"Now," I began, "we just need Saros to deliv--"
Without any warning, Saros appeared. "Everyone! Geeble is dead! We need to find a way ... to ... revive ...."
We all looked at him. Lammy spoke up after a brief silence. "Ronan was just saying that it is your job to deliver Geeble's soul into this new body. I guess you need to chant to do it."
Saros, surprised, merely nodded and promptly began to chant. Geeble, smiling, faded, and the body immidiately jolted upright.
"Excellent!" The new and improved Geeble said. Trying out his new limbs, he spoke again. "Now, Ronan, I do believe you were describing our powers in detail." He didn't seem the least bit worried that he had spent several hours dead.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I interjected. "What about you? Tell us what you saw! It may have a hint to help us defeat the Big Nothing."
Geeble smiled. "No, no. You finish first."
"Doesn't anyone want to know what I named my little Meechie babies?" Our resident Proud Parent was eager to tell us of his new children.
Lammy jumped. "Oh, yeah! How are they?"
Saros went into a winding speech about his wonderflu children--named wonderfully after the five of us . After his little speech, he prompted me to continue.
"Well, Saros the Gabby," I said playfully, "You are The Deliverer. It is up to you to restore what is lost physically, as you did with Geeble's soul. Furthurmore, it will be by Your Word that the civilizations of Oddworld will again be as one. Your Word will be what ultimately ends the civil unrest among the nations."
Saros found this satisfactory; his newfound post as Father of His Species must've made him more willing to join all races as one.
"Geeble, you are The Warrior. That means that in times of dire need, you will be the one to come through and help us all. This we saw when you sacrificed yourself to stop the Big Nothing before. You are the most capable of us all to deal with the nothing." Geeble instantly let this to his head, and I quickly had to lower the swell: "But this doen't mean you can stop it alone. We require your might and courage to act as a beacon in our Dark Hours." Geeble, always ready for a challenge, smirked proudly.
"Lammy, you are The Traveler. You job is to guide all races together. It will ultimately be you and Saros who unify the planet. You will lead all nations not only to prosperity, but also to a refreshed, cleaner, greater Oddworld." Lammy seemed to be a little upset at this, so I immidiately thought deeply ... what else could he do? What other use does he have?
The others seemed to sense this, too. They clammed up, hopefully trying to think up an answer to my conundrum.
"AHA!" I cried suddenly; it hit me like a ton of bricks. "Lammy, you were Abe in a past life! You can communicate with and lead any and all races. Anyone, anywhere, will instantly do what you say ... provided that you want to only help, not hurt. Does ... that seem reasonable? It's all I could find." Lammy felt much better after this; the prospect of having actually been Abe must've been an extrodinary confidence booster. He no longer seemed glum.
"And lastly, me. I am The Wisdom. I am ... well ... the deepest thinker of us, although I may not be psychic, like you all. I know much of what there is to know about all of us, and I do believe that our fates have never been seperate; we were only separated physically. Lastly ... I can teach anything. To anyone. It's just that simple." I laughed. "I may as well say 'Work,' and whoever I am talking to will know just what to do and how to do it." The Abe reference made us all laugh, which was a much needed feeling after such a trying day.

As I had spoken, we all hiked down th mountain. We reached the bottom, where we had landed in the orb. I took in the salty air and spoke.
"Blarg, where are we headed? Crilas?"
He nodded.
I pointed out across the ocean. "I think it's that way. We should get going."
General agreement. We were teleported into the Orb, and sped off across the sea.

Last edited by Dave; 09-07-2003 at 11:01 AM..
09-06-2003, 04:24 AM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

(Ummm. I was going to do a sorta "Obi Wan" deal with Geeble. Ya know, have him be a spirit and bring Raisin on the team and such.)

-oddguy

09-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

(oops .... uhh well ... i dunno aything about anything ... i can go back and get rid of it .... who thinks i should?)

09-06-2003, 04:28 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

You don't have to. Part of RPG is adapting to everyones ideas.

-oddguy

09-07-2003, 08:21 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

While we were speeding across the oceans, headed toward Crilas, Geeble and I agreed that it was time for the others to "read" the books of Shrykull. Blarg was the first to speak up: "I've been wondering exactly what the book was about. Let's get to it!"
Geeeble and I shook our heads.
"You don't read the book. You live it," Geeble said. "When I opened it for the first time, I was gone for three seconds, but to me it felt like an entire lifetime."
"And I simply felt as if I was falling and spinning .... it was almost endless," I said. "When it had ended I felt refreshed, like a new Mud. I knew so much more than I had it was frightening. As it so happens, we will all have very diffrent experiences within the book. But even I don't know what each of us will see. You'll need to 'read' the book yourselves."
Everyone generally agreed, and we drew straws to see who would read first, as they all wanted to read it first.
The short straw went to .... Lammy!
Geeble produced the book, and handed it over to Lammy. He took it, grinned, and opened to the first page. Then, in a flash of orange light, he vanished. I had just enough time to think, "Whoa ... That was cool" when he flashed back into sight.
(ooc: complete the sentence, Hobo) Lammy stood near the closed book, and he looked ______________________.
Smirking, I said, "Well, Lammy. What did you see?"

09-09-2003, 10:43 AM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

paramiteabe  (95)

Meanwhile as they were flying over the ocean once again headed for the Continent of Crilas, something a beast of fire was formed out of the nothing to persue our heroes. The beast was emense in size and it was called an Odd Dragon. The Odd dragon took flight as it screamed across the sea persueing Blargs orb it began to breath fire as it got closer. The group dident realise it until they felt shakeing and heard the beast.

"What is that?" said Blarg he left the circle of his friends to check it out. Blarg opened a window so he could see the outside world. His eyes widen as the 80 foot Odd Dragon approched. The eyes of the beast stared at Blarg and through the eyes was Mudos and the nothing. Suddenly the creature started attacking the orb as Blarg went back to his friends.

"Guys I think you better take a look at this!"

"Not now Blarg we are looking at this book!" yelled Geeble.

"Screw the book for now we will look at it later we have more inportant issues at the moment!"

They laughed at him. Blarg was fustraited so he opened a new window through the fabric of his orb as he taped Geeble on the sholder.

"What is it now Blarg?"

The group turned around as they moved backwards in fright. The beast flying in place flapping its wings stared down the group. The Odd Dragon howeled and it began to attack.

"We have to do something. We have kill the beast!"

"You don't think I know that?" yelled Blarg I was trying to get your attention. quickly out of the orb!"

"But we are over open water!"

"We can hover don't worry. We will battle this beast!" Move!"

Our heros were once again teleported out of the orb now to defend it. The beast beckons as it flys in front of our heros. Ready for battle our heros prepare.

09-10-2003, 07:53 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

As we teleported out of the orb, We floated a good foot over the water. The Oddragon (OOC: i like Oddragon better than Odd Dragon, so that;s what i call it) preparing to strike at us. I thought and thought ... what can we possibly do to stop an oddragon?
Then it came to me! "Guys! The oddragon's weak point is it's eyes! It's almost completely invulnerable to magic-based attacks. Therefore we need a bit of physical power."
This seemed to entice Lammy, who had once boasted his quickness with fists and feet to us during a long walk. "Great," he said. "I think I'll be able to climb to it's head if someone can hold it still."
Two things happened to me simultaneously. Firstly, the oddragon struck me in the side of the head with its ominous tail, and I went reeling. I had barely landed when I felt a searing, burning pain erupt on my skin, and I knew I was on fire! The oddragon had taken advantage of our moment of silence and struck.
I had two options: Let myself fall into the water to cool the fire and drown, or I could stand and redirect the fire on my--what?
I was suddenly filled with the notion that I could manipulate the fire on my body and launch it at the dragon. Would it work?
I quickly climbed to my feet, no longer caring about the pain. The others were horrorstruck at my sudden injury. They were sitting ducks under the raging oddragon! "MOVE!" I cried. They came back to their senses in time to avoid a wave of fire spreading across from the oddragon's mouth towards them.
"Summon fire!" I called, and all the fire spreading away and it was concentrated into a small orb hanging nearby my right hand. But ... it wouldn't be enough to throw a ball of fire at the oddragon.
I managed to dodge a swinging claw as I calle to the others: "I have a plan! Blarg and Geeble, try to use your power to hold him in one place. Lammy and Saros, I need you to summon up elements like wind and fire to battle the oddragon's fire. Understand?"
As we were all dodging an onslaught of attacks, these sentences came out in jagged breaths. But I heard assent from all of my partners, and we could begin. I displaced the fire in my hand, and summoned the water beneath me.
A slight tug in my chest caught me off guard, but I still kept focus.
"Remember, aim for the eye!" I called.

09-10-2003, 10:55 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

In a flash of light, the oddragon was struck in the eyes with fire. It screamed in pain as it's brain exploded. The body then flew into the air and crashed back down into the water.

"Wow!" everyone exclaimed!

"How could we use the elements without the evil mimicking it?" Saros asked.

Geeble chuckled. "You all read the books of Shrykul. The evil can't mimick attacks from potential Gods."

"Cool!"

Well, our heores finally made it to Crilas, where each would take the test to become Gods and locate their orbs. But first they had to make their way into the heart of the jungle and climb the peak of Cloor. The problem was that evil had polluted the minds of many beasts. The creatures were full of rage and ready to slaughter anything. Would they make it?

-oddguy

09-11-2003, 06:03 PM
Dave
Clakker Relic Miner

Dave  (10)

"So. We are here on Crilas, and need to hike to the top of Mt. Cloor, while avoiding the rabid creatures that would kill us as soon as look at us in our way. Does this seem completely insane to anyone else?" Saros made this speech, followed by several similar comments, as we trekked across the beach and into a wooded area.
The various creatures looked like they may be relatives of common creatures on Mudos. Paramite-like beasts that had only three legs, but had grown several more face fingers and thin red fur. There were meepish creatures with five legs, three eyes, and two tails. There were scrabs just like at home, though, and likewise were the ratz, bugs, and byrdz.
Then there were creatures that almost defied explanation. There were large, red, leafy plants that would suddenly jerk up and eat passing animals. Little balls of flesh bounced about, and protruded spikes when provoked. Meetles and mugs crawled around, eating their respective foods. We even found a few land-dwelling gabbits hopping around. They avoided us, and we avoided them.
Lammy stepped in some kind of pile of sticky goop, and it was clearly animal poop. We chuckled and pointed, as he groaned and wiped off his foot with a leaf off of a nearby plant. I decided to look at the plant he had gotten it from. It was one of the red plants that ate nearby things. Good thing I looked, too, because The Wisdom kicked in: that was a blugflyer! And it was very angry at having its leaf plucked off.
"Lammy! Jump left!" He looked up, saw my face and knew in an instant I meant it. Just as the blugflyer lunged forward to devour him, Lammy leapt to his left, barely dodging the plant. Blarg and Geeble spun toward the beast and summoned fire and energy, respectively. Saros summoned water, and Lammy stood, now armed with a pair of roughly broken, pointed sticks, ready to fight back. I had stepped back and began to chant, using a rather old technique I picked up (ooc: check my character description). After a fraction of a second, several nearby mugs fell under my control, and I had them march over toward the blugflyer, and prepared to attack.
The blugflyer, as I was told by The Wisdom in me, did not possess higher-level thought. It could not comprehend that we were a threat; it only thought in terms of "eat whatever moves near me."
Geeble spoke: "Jump 'em!" And so we did. The blugflyer probably didn't know what it. The mugs I controlled surrounded the little spot in the woods, and closed in on the blugflyer. Lammy jammed his spears into its fleshely underside, and Saros, Blarg, and Geeble launched their attacks. The blugflyer was too busy trying to decide what to attack first when it was finally overcome by the force of the mugs pressing against it. We all heard a squeal, and a loud ripping sound. I released my hold on the mugs, and they instantly began to eat the meaty goodness the blugflyer left behind. The Wisdom had told me that all blugflyers where connected by a network of roots underground, and that the 'queen' blug was the center point. The queen was always on the highest part of the area, which happened to be .... Mt. Cloor!
"Guys!" I said, as we started off again. They stopped, and I told them what I had seen, and that the central queen was actually towards our right. Looking genereally embarrased, we all turned and began to the mountain.

(ooc: oddguy! how do you do that marquee thing in your signature?)

09-11-2003, 06:52 PM
oddguy
OWF MVP

oddguy  (10)

:
Originally posted by Dave
(ooc: oddguy! how do you do that marquee thing in your signature?)
I use the html marquee tag. It looks like this minus the spaces of course:

Starting tag: < m a r q u e e >
Ending tag: < / m a r q u e e >

Just type the words you want in between the tags and enjoy scrolling text baby! You can also add colors and font size in between as well.

The downside of the marquee is that it's getting on people's nerves right now, so use with caution! I'm getting rid of mine after voting is over.

-oddguy