Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

01-15-2006, 02:51 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

: May 2001
: ಠ_ಠ
: 2,060
mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)mitsur  (452)

OOC: Yeah, I'm busy also, and I can't really work on my own post. I want other people to write it from their character's view.

Wrex.

01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

: Dec 2004
: Minnesota
: 346
sliguy101  (10)

After a half hour of countless running, the cave had finally been met and lost the sligs at the same time. Calvarr and rest sat down nearby to rest.

"Didn't know we could run that fast." He said. "Nice job."

Calvarr had been having something more on his mind, besides all the sligs that were mainly after Darvek and possibly himself. Perhaps he was more than the person outside of himself. You know, a mad Poison-maker that didn't have any friends or happiness.

'No,' he thought. 'I'm....a lot more than that.' The old days were starting to come back.

He was back in Raville, his old town. It was a very warm day out, several steefs were dying on exaustion (Calvarr was 14 in human ages at this time).

He thought about the gang again. Gutless. Oh how he hate them so much.

Anyways, Calvarr was trying to cool himself down while the other members of Gutless we're staying cool with ice stolen from fellow citizens. He wandered around the town blindly looking for something to do. Suddely, he saw a large, church-like building he had never noticed before. It was in a white color, and was made of Marble. Marble! That is something that Steef never have. Encarved in it were golden lines and ruined marks that almost sang out to him. He could feel the harmony of the curch all around his body.

'How did this get here?' He asked himself. 'I don't remember this church.'

Calvarr walked up to the titan-sized doors, and look a big gulp. Then, he had opened them. Something had sang out to him, and a large light came out of the doors and shinned apon him. He was nearly blinded and shielded his eyes with his right arm. When it was over, he found himself in a cloudy room. It had large, golden collums and statues of mighty and brave heros. Why is this so familiar?

'Calvarr. You had finally come.' A voice sang out to him.

'What?!' Calvarr yelled out in confusion.

He saw someone sink down from the skies. It was a bright figure, whom which he couldn't identify. The figure pointed at him, and Calvarr stood there with bright, huge eyes.

'Come forth, my child.' The figure said in a deep voice.

He slowly stepped towards and figure nervously. He actually almost went in tears looking at him.

'Alright.' Announced Calvarr. 'I wanna know what's going on here, and why you called me your child. I have no parents, and even if I did I-'

'Calm, child.' The figure said. 'There is nothing to fear. My name is Gryt, and I am your clear Father. Wait in silence as I tell my story. You are chosen, Calvarr. You will become a hero and save the Natives from complete destruction. You're just getting off to a rocky start. Listen, and listen very well. In the future, you will discover a treasured essence called -Tears of the Past-. I need you to do something very special for me, and remember this forever! Bring it to me, and I will give you further instructions.'

'I don't believe you! You can't control my fate, and you are NOT MY FATHER!' Calvarr rudely yelled out.

'You must look inside yourself, child.' Said Gryt. 'You'll soon know why you are chosen. Now, you must go. Goodbye, Calvarr! We shall meet again! Count on it!'

'But wait! I-'

But it was too late. Calvarr found himself standing in the middle of city.

'CALVARR YOU IDIOT!' Someone yelled as he got kicked in the back. He fell on the ground in pain, and was getting dragged by someone. It was Relt, one of the more meaner members of Gutless. He kept yelling at Calvarr at he dragged him through the dirt. 'What did the leader say?! NO GOING OUT OF THE ALLEY!'

Calvarr then went back to the present.

"Oh my Odd!" He yelled. "Tears of the Past!"
01-15-2006, 06:18 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Jan 2006
: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

Frex followed the tracks keeping a safe distance between himself and whoever was up ahead. It had to be more than one creature up ahead because he heard a lot of footsteps. The footsteps became faster and faster, they were running. Frex started to run too trying not to get noticed. 'Why are they running? I just hope they didn't see me.' Frex thought. He noticed that there were also a few sligs running through the woods too.

After running for about half an hour the sligs got left behind, but Frex was convinced that he had to follow whoever was running. It was juust a wierd feeling.

Frex stopped suddenly from a horrible pain in his chest. But he noticed that the footsteps stopped. He breathed hard through his mask and sat down behind a bush. 'Thank Odd they stopped' Frex thought and sighed. 'Another ten metres and my lungs would have burst.'

He grabbed the knife from his pocket and approached the figures carefully. Frex saw two steefs and a slig he recognised. He put the knife back.

01-15-2006, 06:41 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

It seemed like Flaxis had been tackling everyone today. He had just noticed Frex slowly moving up behind them, with a knife in his hand, and had discreetly motioned to Darvek that he was coming. Frex didn't look to good, breathing heavily and stained in many places with gunpowder. He had the look on his face that Flaxis knew all to well: The look of a soldier who has already betrayed comrades and is prepared to do worse. Calvarr, again had gone into one of his spastic swoons about memories from long ago, meaning he wouldn't do anything anytime soon. (OOC: Just pokin a little fun at you again, sliguy )

Darvek nodded to Flaxis's head-jerk, and took out his rifle. Flaxis discreetly held three fingers in front of him, signaling when to attack.

Three...Two.... One! JUMP Flaxis did an unexpected back somersault, using his legs as makeshift clubs to hit Frex in the stomach. The slig collapsed pathetically. One blow was all it took? Flaxis thought contemptuously. The Cartel sligs are getting weaker all the time.

Flaxis lifted Frez effortlessly, and Darvek kicked the fallen attacker's knife out of reach. He then pointed his gun point-blank at Frex's face.

"Okay," Darvek snarled, "We've been surprised to many times tonight, so I don't have much patience left. Tell us what you are, who you are, and why your friends are after us. You've got ten seconds."

Wrex.

01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

"Aw come on Darvek! Don't you remember me?" Frex said in a low raspy voice. "You can't blame me for being careful. It's me, Frex. Remember I saw you in FeeCo. depot? I told you my plans of escaping and how I loathed the life with the industrials? When I found out that you escaped just before you're hearing I laughed and hoped that one day I'd have the courage to escape!" Frex said in an insane voice.

Frex turned to the Steef called Flaxis (he heard Darvek talk to him and say his name). Frex approached him.

"I know what you're thinking. Why did this insane slig barge in here and let his guard down? Why did he manage to follow us here, but he collapsed from one hit? Well let me tell you, you should see the way we're treated back at the barracks. We make one mistake, and we get beaten. I haven't eaten anything in weeks, except for scraps from the Glukkons." Frex explained quickly. He sighed and sat on a rock.

"If you don't trust me, if you don't need my help, then you better just shoot me now."

The group stared at Frex.

"Well?" he asked.

OOC: Woo! Plot development.
P.S. Where's Tom aka Darvek?

Last edited by oddveteran93; 01-15-2006 at 07:19 PM..
01-15-2006, 07:33 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

: Nov 2005
: Australia
: 68
TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Bleh, sorry about not posting sooner, been feeling ill as of late and headaches don't help your writing. Still, I managed to churn this one out and I hope to post them more frequently in the future.

Having finally reached the caverns Flaxis had mentioned, Darvek became at ease once more. The entrance was well hidden amongst the foliage and the tunnels seemed to stretch on forever, covered by a thick, stringy substance which hung from the ceiling and walls. Paramite web. Everywhere. Possibly a place of nesting or cover for the local population.

The three newly found compadres all found themselves a place to rest, sitting atop of smooth rocks or pressed against the wall, worn out from battle. Few words were spoken amongst them for a time. Calvaar sat staring blankly at his feet, his mind some place else whilst Darvek and Flaxis exchanged glances.

'What is all this about?' Flaxis demanded, breaking the silence.

'It doesn't concern you.' Darvek replied.

'We just risked our necks against a Slig platoon out there because of you!' Flaxis growled, returning to his feet, 'I'd say that this has become our business.'

There was a long awkward silence before somebody spoke once more. Unfortunately, it was neither Flaxis or Darvek.

'Oh my Odd!' Calvarr yelled, 'Tears of the Past!'

Darvek and Flaxis exchanged glances once more, looking to Calvarr with puzzled expressions upon their face. Before Darvek could even begin to question Calvarr, he noticed Flaxis jerking his head in the direction they had come. Darvek glanced over, his night-vision head piece attachment picking up a newcomer wielding what would appear to be a knife. Darvek simply nodded and readied his weapon as numbers were counted down via hand signals.

Flaxis had given a suprisingly agile display, flipping backward to land a well place kick to the intruders stomach. Darvek kicked his dropped weapon out of the way and cocked his rifle toward the sprawled out heap on the floor.

'Okay,' Darvek snarled as Flaxis held the wheezing Slig above ground, 'We've been surprised to many times tonight, so I don't have much patience left. Tell us what you are, who you are, and why your friends are after us. You've got ten seconds.'

Darvek had known the answer to most of these questions, although had made concious effort not to let the others know. He was sure they'd turn him in if they knew the cause of all this destruction could be so easily resolved.

'Ten. Nine.'

'Darv,' the Slig coughed, 'It's me...'

'Eight. Seven. Six.'

'Fr..Frex'

'Fi-' Darvek stopped. He hadn't heard that name in a long time. Motioning forward, he more closely inspected the Slig. 'Frex, it is you, you old sonoffabitch!

Darvek gestured for Flaxis to release Frex. Reluctantly, Flaxis did so, dropping the scrawny being into a heap on the ground.

'You two... know each other?' Calvarr questioned, confused.

'You kidding?' Frex answered, getting back to his feet, 'This guy's practically a Cartel legend!'

EDIT: Gah, I wrote this while you were posting Veteran :P
01-15-2006, 07:42 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: Meh, It'll work out somehow...

01-16-2006, 06:57 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

For over a minute, Calvarr as in a state of confusion.

Calvarr stood up after his blackout. He spit onto the rought ground near the cave.

"So, you two know eachother?" He asked.

"Yeah." Both of them said.

"Heh, wow. At first you guys are all chasing eachother and everything. Now your like fast friends. Don't worry about the shot in the arm. I'll be fine. If you'll excuse me......I need to be alone."

Calvarr ran into the darkness, ignoring all the words as he did so.

He ran to a nearby huge stream, which was tranquil and showed no signs of life in it. Thinking it was a perfect place to think, he sat down and thought of his visions lately.

'I'm more than meets the eye.' Calvarr first thought. 'The only question is why am I changing so much? It's like I'm starting my life over again. First the ruins, now the church. Ugh....what's next? Who is Gryt? Perhaps, he is my real father. No. NO! It can't possibly be that way.
....Or can it?
'Tears of the Past. He said it was a special substence that I'm supposed to bring it to him. I know just where to find this substence. The ruins that were in my first vision. The only question is where are these ruins. Also, where is my town? I must have paticence. Yes, paticence. Perhaps tonight I can dream where these paths are, or perhaps another clue to this crazed mystery.'

Calvarr stopped for a moment, and thought of only one thing.

'Good Odd! Gryt IS my real father....'

Right when he first thought that, something had emerged from the black stream. Calvarr stood up, and watched in awe as the thing emerged. It had looked like a snake emerging from a hole, only more terrifying. It had shinning scales that were blocked by darkness. Once fully emerged, the thing look a large roar into the air.

"OH MY ODD!" Calvarr yelled. "WHAT IS THAT?!"
01-16-2006, 09:49 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Geez, this story is full of conicidences already

Flaxis was starting to freak out from all the suprises. First, they had been ambushed by the Cartel about Darvek, then Calvarr had somehow snuck up on them. To top it off, the kid was acting like he was physic. Now he had to let another "suprise" get away? Frex, whoever he was, was claiming that he ran away from the Cartel.

Flaxis didn't beleive that for a second, which he might have shown in his face when he had to let Frex go. As he sat on the rock, listening to Darvek and Frex talk about old times, he noticed that Calvarr had left quietly. He stood up, and, walking outside, he followed Calvarr's tracks. Honestly. The kid didn't even cover his tracks when they where being chased?

Flaxis finally found Calvarr talking to himself. Flaxis had been standing on the other riverbank, but he managed to catch the last words.

'Good Odd! Gryt IS my real father....' Calvarr said.

Who's Gryt? Flaxis was thinking. Suddenly everything became a nightmare, as something emerged from the black stream. Calvarr had stood up, and watching in awe as the thing emerged. He had no idea what it was. Once fully emerged, the thing look a large roar into the air.

"OH MY ODD! WHAT IS THAT?" Calvarr yelled.

"Kid! Get down! You don't want to fight that thing!" Flaxis yelled at him. He knew he had no way of taking on a mutated Big Bro slig by himself. He had seen them tear apart a Slig tank himself during the war. The only way he'd survive this was if Darvek and Frex came to help.

He did the only thing he could, but it was drastic. He quickly took a flare gun, and pointed it straight up, and fired a single one in the air. It would no doubt show the Cartel sligs where they were, but it was better then being torn apart. Hoping that Darvek and Frex had seen it, Flaxis roared and ran at the beast.

(OOC: Ooooo! Battle scene! Add on to this, Tom!)

Wrex.

01-16-2006, 11:48 AM
toxicallpro
Stunk

: Chicago, IL
: 36
toxicallpro  (106)toxicallpro  (106)
Wired New Character

Name: Sal
Species: Mudokon
Equipment: a large bag strapped to his back and a few other small pouches around waist. They are all full of completely random items. and a loincloth of course.

Description: Sal has the same features as any other native Mudokon, but he is quite a bit shorter. No stitches or signs of prior enslavement. He is usually wide-eyed with a dopey grin. His eyes and head seem to always be moving to a different object of focus. The bag on his back, which appears way to full and extremely heavy, doesn't seem to bother him or slow him down. His feet seem to be always moving, even when standing still. He appears aged, but Sal's demeanor makes it hard to tell. It's hard to tell if he is really old with the innocence of a youngster, or really young with the experience of an elder. He wears lots of bracelets and necklaces. Some are tribal looking, some are industrial looking.

Personality: The best way to describe Sal is that he is an unknowing kleptomaniac. He picks up anything that catches his eye and puts it in his bag. His memory is awful and most of the time doesn't even remember picking things up, even moments after he does it. Aside from this, he might be a compulsive liar. Constantly talking about people, places, or events that are SO far fetched that it could never be true. It's hard to tell when he's being helpful or full of crap. He is completely naive to the world around him and has no concept of "evil". He roams around haphazardly not even knowing when he is in any danger as he grabs whatever it is that has his attention.

Biography: It is assumed that Sal was raised as a traditional native mudokon, but it's hard to tell because he always tells some absurd story when asked where he comes from. Because of his annoying personality and constant stealing (he doesn't know he's stealing, however he is bizarrely good at it) he gets kicked out of most towns and villages. This keeps him wandering aimlessly while collecting whatever he is attracted to. His lifelong wandering has taken him further and to more places than most creatures on mudos, but who knows if he was fighting armies of sligs or just staring at a tree in all those places.

If an item in your bag or pocket goes missing, don't be surprised if Sal suddently exclaims "Lookit what I found!!!". Chances are, it belongs to you.

OOC: I'll wait to introduce Sal sometime after the current battle. And have fun with him, he may be more useful than he appears....but you never know.
01-16-2006, 12:19 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Ooook, Sal's gotta be the weirdest character I've heard of. He looks fun to use, though. His profile made me laugh in some places. I'll be sure to use him correctly.

Wrex.

01-16-2006, 02:41 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: It's always good to have someone new. Welcome!

Frex was happy that he finally met someone he knew. He wanted to continue talking to Darvek but he heard a loud roar. He jumped up and grabbed his knife from the ground. Darvek looked around to see the source of the noise. He ran followed by Darvek, following the noise to it's source.

"What the hell...?" Frex muttered. There was a huge mutated Big Bro Slig ahead. It was attacking Calvarr and Flaxis. They were trtying to fight it off to the best off their ability.

"Lets do this." Frex heard Darvek say.

Frex ran as fast as he could toward the Big Bro slig. He jumped and grabbed one of its legs. Frex struggled to climb up on it and stabbed it in the chest. It didn't seem to do anything. The Big bro slig yelled out and smashed Frex with arm. Frex flew back landed in the river. He grabbed onto a rock and climbed out. Darvek started aiming carefully at the thing.

OOC: Err... There was a river there right?

01-16-2006, 02:49 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Yeah, there was.

Wrex.

01-16-2006, 03:50 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Calvarr got slammed to the ground by the mutated Big Bro Slig. Fury went into Calvarr eyes as he swiftly got up. It had seemed that the Big Bro was attacking him, and not the others. Swiftly aided by his partners, they managed to block the Big Bro's next attack.

"Alright, that's it. YOU ARE GOING DOWN!" Calvarr yelled out as a bright glow went into his eyes. He took off his hat and bandana over his mouth, revealing his entire face. He took his hand out and pointed it towards the Big Bro Slig. Suddenly, his entire body glowed in a while color. It seemed that Calvarr was being possesed by something. Finally, he spoke up.

"I am power." Calvarr started. "I am hope. I am divine and undefeated. Who am I? I AM GRYT!"

A flash of light came out of his hand, and struck the Big Bro Slig onto the ground. Calvarr went back to his normal self. He looked awfully ill after the flash.

"Gryt....has....come." Calvarr said.

After that, he fainted onto the ground, sleeping like a baby. But danger came as the Big Bro Slig took out a bomb and threw it at Calvarr. Fear had filled the air as it got closer to him.

(OOC: This looks like it'll get interesting.)
01-16-2006, 04:02 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Flaxis yelled as the bomb flew toward the air. Time seemed to slow as he ran at the bomb. He leaped foward, catching the bomb in mid-air. In his hands, Flaxis saw the timer on the bomb.

00:00:04
A heartbeat as he flew foward...
00:00:03
Flaxis pivoted in mid-air like a mad curveball...
00:00:02
He threw the bomb straight at the big bro's face...
00:00:01
He hit the ground, grabbing Calvarr's still body, and jumped behind a rock, while Darvek did the same with Frex....
00:00:00
The bomb exploded into shrapel, blowing the slig's head off and pushing the body backwards into the lake, where eagerly, the fish began to feast on the body.

Darvek, without missing a beat, hurled Frex onto the ground and pinned him there, while Flaxis looted what was left of the Slig's body for ammo and gear.

"So, Frex old pal, you thought you could play the friendship card to catch me, huh? It didn't work. This time I'm leaving you behind just like I did in Sector Seven that night. So how about that?!" Darvek screamed into Frex's face.

Flaxis dashed over. "Hey! BREAK IT UP!" He grabbed both sligs, and lifted them into the air away from each other. "Now, tell me whats been eating both of you! I could tell you were faking about how happy you were to see each other!"

Wrex.

01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

OOC: Aw! I totally missed the battle. Damn time zones.

Darvek had been busy sussing out Frex's intentions with false overjoyment when it happened. Perhaps he had gone somewhat overboard, but he knew Frex to be a fairly exentric Slig. In truth, Darvek had always found the kid irritating; never sticking to his posts, always asking questions and conversing with the slaves. It was no suprise Darvek had far exceeded his rank in the Barracks.

But before decent conversation could even begin to develop, as these things so often seem to happen, a loud roar was emitted from the outside, echoing throughout the caverns. Darvek and Frex turned to face the source, a bright light being seen at the end of the tunnels.

A flare.

Darvek felt as though it would be easier to just turn the gun on himself right then and there. That flare would surely alert the Cartel to their current possition! 'This is why I work alone,' Darvek reminded himself. 'These people are becoming more trouble than they're worth'.

Frex and Darvek had reached the outside to find an enourmous mutation of a Big Bro Slig before them, Frex immediately leaping onto the creature to stab blindly at its chest. 'Poor kid,' Darvek thought, 'At least he tries.' The beast simply swatted Frex from its body, sending him flying into the river.

Darvek dived for cover and took aim at the creatures head, but before he could even open fire a strange energy force was released from Calvarr's outstretched hands before he collapsed to the ground. Shocked by this sudden outburst of power, Darvek lowered his weapon for a moment as Flaxis took a dive at a projectile time bomb. In one swift movement, he had caught the device and hurled it back at the creature, blowing its head clean off.

This was the last straw for Darvek. He was done playing games with these people. His life had been endangered one too many times.

'So, Frex old pal,' Darvek yelled, pinning Frex's drenched body to the ground, 'Thought you could play the friendship card to catch me, eh? Not this time. This time I'm leaving you behind just like I did in Sector Seven that night. How's that sound?!

'Arright, break it up!' Flaxis boomed, grabbing both Sligs and raising them above ground. 'Now tell me what's been eating you. I could tell you were faking about how happy you were to see each other!'

Flaxis released the Sligs, dropping to the ground with a soft thud. Darvek brushed his hands against his dirtied skin, creating an odd grating sound, clearly irritated.

'Well, go ahead' Darvek motioned to Frex, 'Why don't you tell these folk all about it?'

Frex looked coldly at Darvek, before turning to the Steef standing before him. He let out a long, drawn out sigh.

'He's a bounty hunter' Frex spoke, 'He was relieved of duty by the Cartel due to unorderly conduct and sentenced to a hearing with Queen Skillya herself. Apparently he escaped captivity - legend has it around the Barracks he fought his way out with his bare hands -'

Darvek shook his head.

'Anyway, the Cartel have been looking for him ever since. A bad influence they say. You'd be punished just for mentioning his name back in the day. Time went by and news came of Darvek working as a hired mercenary. Assassinations all over Mudos being linked back to Darvek. The bounty on his head grew and...'

'And that's where Vernon comes in.' Darvek continued, 'That Vykker bastard hired me to take out some Glukkon big-cheese for 'im. The whole thing was a set up, it turns out, to receive the reward for my capture. I narrowly escaped his henchmen and they've been hot on my tail since. Sure enough, I find myself in this hell hole.'

'I too was relieved from duty at the Depot,' Frex spoke once more, 'though was reassigned to work for Vykkers Labs 07 under Vernon's orders. I wasn't one of the troops involved with the setup, though following his escape we managed to find Darvek here following a tracking beacon we had placed on him earlier...' To this, Frex walked up behind Darvek and removed a small chip attached to the back of his robotic legwear.

'Sonoffa...'

'Our orders are simply to capture Darvek alive and bring him before Vernon.'

The Steef stared blankly absorbing all this information, Calvarr in particular finding it hard to do so, recovering from his large expell in energy. Darvek looked long and hard at the chip Frex had removed so calmly from his body, clenching his fists. No wonder they had found him so quickly...

'So what you're saying is,' Flaxis finally answered, 'All these troops, all this destruction... will go away if we hand over Darvek to this 'Vernon'?'

'Correct.' Frex replied.

'These are peaceful parts,' Calvarr turned to Darvek, regaining his breath 'They're simple people. It seems unfair that a Slig such as yourself, a murderous traitor to your own people, should jeopardize our entire way of living here.'

Flaxis nodded silently in agreement. Darvek had known this would happen, they were already starting to turn. Put two and two together. Amongst all the conversation, he had taken the liberty of retreaving a handheld smoke grenade from a retractable compartment within his legs. He smirked, before throwing the object to the ground, releasing a cloud of thick smog as he retreated into the caverns, away from these dazed individuals.

Elsewhere, in Norg...

Sal was pushed into another of the Industrial's loading bays. A 'nice' word, for prison cells, he had guessed. Everywhere he looked, there was destruction and devestation. Saws noisily tearing through once proud, tall trees. Dead Paramite being hauled in by the dozen from every inch of the woods. Friends and relatives being leased to Glukkon scum.

Overlooking the landscape before him, Vernon simply grinned. Profits were up. Way up. And they hadn't even begun to really clean this place out yet. This region was thick with business opportunity, and rest assured Vern was milking it for all it was worth.

Sal fealt another rifle end find its way to the back of his head as he was forced further into the crowded cell, filled with saddened native folk. Their Slig captor motioned to lock the cell up but soon became distracted by a brillaint light shining above the trees beyond. He ran quickly to his Vykkan boss to report his findings, in hopes of praise.

'Sir!' the weedy looking Slig screamed, 'A flare sir! In the woods up ahead!'

Vernon promptly turned his gaze to the treetops on the horizon, before snatching up the Sligs standard communicator. 'All Slig personal are ordered to drop what you're doing immediately. The Slig outlaw Darvek and his native compadre's have been sighted within the woods. Coordinates as follows.'

Vernon forcefully shoved the communication device back into the Slig's hand who punched in a bunch of numbers and bearings before looking back up to his boss, seemingly expectant of something.

'Well, you heard my freakin' orders!' Vernon shrieked, 'Get in there!'

'S-sir! Yessir!'

OOC: Tried to leave things open for you here toxic. I think it'd be nice to see both sides of the story more frequently, but the lock is open and ready for an escape. This entry was crammed full of information and it would seem some plot development is taking place too. Oh and remember, Mitsur - coincidences are what fuel online RPGs :P

Last edited by TomFrogman; 01-17-2006 at 12:37 AM..
01-17-2006, 12:26 AM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

Frex noticed that Darvek grabbed a smoke grenade from his leg. Just before he threw it Frex activated a special "Air purifier" in his mask. He coughed a bit but ran after Darvek. Calvarr and Flaxis remained behind for some time. He ran into the cave past all the paramite webs trying to see where Darvek was.

"This is quality equipment Darvek!" Frex yelled in the cave. He grabbed his gun and prepared it.

"So... I offer you my help, and you run on me?" Frex said watching the dark corners of the cave. "You haven't changed a bit! I could've killed you you know when you stopped running in the woods."

Frex was talking out loud, hoping that Darvek was listening. He continued through the caverns and reached a large chamber.

01-17-2006, 06:01 AM
toxicallpro
Stunk

Wired

OOC: this will go back to the beginning for a short bit, but he'll catch up to the story quickly.

Sal had been around Norg for a couple weeks. He was beginning to be a very popular source of anger as his bag grew bigger and bigger. There ended up only being one shop that hadn't physically thrown him out; the poison maker's shop. Sal would go in, day after day, and attempt to sell the poison maker different types of plants and mushrooms he "found".

One day Sal, like every day prior, walked into the poison maker's shop. The poison maker, Calvarr, instantly yelled "What the hell did i tell you about bringing that bag in here!?!?" Sal spun on his heel and walked right out of the store, only to return two seconds later without his bag.

"I have this magic root of of poison's essence!!" Sal exclaimed as he thrusted a piece of wood in his hand up in the air. "it's yours for a bottle of that tasty looking spooce juice over there". Calvar followed Sal's crazed eyes to a vial behind the counter.

"first off," Calvarr said as he rolled his eyes "that's no 'root of poison's essence', its just a twig that i watched you snap off of a tree outside. Secondly, this is not spooce juice, its something called Treystone and its....aw forget it....just get the hell outta here"

"Ok!" Sal skipped towards the door "i'll go find you more magical poison stuff!"

"You NEVER find me magical poison stuff!!" Calvarr sounded fairly irritated at this point, "just clumps of dirt and dead...JUST GET OUT!!"

Sal bounded out the door and instantly began chasing a couple of ratz in circles around the the building. This went on for about an hour before he heard the noises coming towards Norg. Sal looked up and saw lights in the sky. Hundreds and hundreds of lights. They were coming towards him, and descending to the ground. Things began to get crazy around him. Locals were scrambling about, screaming, but Sal just focused on the lights. Guns were going off around him, explosions were happening in the woods nearby, but those lights were.....so......bright. The dopey grinned daze that Sal was stuck in was broken when he felt a sharp jab to his back.

"get movin' primate" said a raspy voiced slig as he jammed his gun into Sal's back.

"SHEESH! No need to shove!" Sal retorted as though the slig were just another person waiting in line to get closer to the lights. "let me just grab my bag..."

"F'giddaboutit, shorty! now march!" The slig jammed the gun into Sal again. Harder this time. The slig led Sal towards the bright lights. It was even more amazing up close Sal thought as he was shoved into a large holding cell with other Mudokons. Before the cell door was even closed, though, the Slig turned towards a bright light above the woods nearby and ran off.

"FIREWORKS!" Sal yelled. "No WAY am i missin' this!" He bolted out of the cell towards the poison shop. His large bag was still sitting outside the building, so he slung it over his back and began sprinting towards a group of sligs who were obviously also running towards the source of the flare. "HEY GUYS! WAIT UP!"
01-17-2006, 06:35 AM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

OOC: Omfg here comes Sal! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!

Flaxis couldn't beleive it. He'd been suckered the whole time. As soon as he'd held out his hand to offer a partnership, he'd fallen right into the trap. Now, Darvek, if that was his real name, once again, couldn't trust people long enough to say 'hello'. Flaxis didn't care that Darvek had been a bounty hunter, hell, he was one himself. But still, as was the nature of things with Sligs, they were so paranoid that they suspected you before they even met you.

Flaxis shrugged stupidly as the smoke began to eat up the air around him. Suddenly a mudokon with what seemed like a huge bag on his back tore out of nowhere.

"Hey!!!! I saw fireworks! Where'd they go!?" The mudokon said crazily. His hair was dishelved, and he was covered in dirt. It looked like it had gone through Hell itself, but the stupid grin on its face suggested it had just been to a funhouse. Flaxis mouth opened and closed without making any noise. Thats when the smoke reached his eyes and mouth, and he started to cough. The mudokon was somehow unaffected.

"Fine if you're not going to talk...Lookit what I found!" He held up a Flaxis's assualt rifle. "I found this on the way!!! I'll sell it to you for...hows about 50 moolah?!" It made a mock-seller's face. Calvarr just stood there, looking at the mudo. "Oh, by the way, me name is Sal! Hows ya doing?!" Flaxis just gave up trying to understand, and tried to punch Sal in the face. With a childish eagerness, his blocked it and went into a boxer pose, singing some theme song that had "eye of the tiger" in the lines.

(OOC: I had loads of fun writing this. I really like Sal)

Wrex.

01-17-2006, 06:49 AM
toxicallpro
Stunk

Wired

OOC: I'm glad you like him. I figured he'd be a fun type of character to play with and every adventure needs a light-hearted character. Be careful with continuity, though. After the flare, the sligs went running into the woods to investigate and Sal followed after them. What happened to the sligs?
--------------------------

Most of the natives had been rounded up in Norg and the area was secure, so when Vernon called in the order to swarm on the orgin of the flare every last one of the sligs went rushing into the woods. Upwards of 40 to 50 of them. Sal was trailing behind them, but the sligs seemed uninterested. The army of sligs was trudging along fairly slowly through the woods, because their mechanical legs were never intended to walk on anything but concrete or steel. Sal, however, hit the tree line and took off like a gabbit in the water. As he elogantly traversed his natural environment towards the origin of the flare, he yelled back to the sligs. "RACE YA!".

Sal had travelled pretty far into the forest, never once slowing down. He had heard a grenade go off earlier and figured it was just more fireworks, so he kept heading in that direction. Eventually the trees thinned out a little, and Sal came upon a creek with a large, dead, headless creature lying next to it. The creature resembled the ones he had been racing, but it was much bigger. Sal unscrewed a couple of particularly shiny bolts from the dead creatures legs before he noticed a cave entrance a few yards away. Sitting outside the cave were a couple of Steef. One of whom he recognized as the poison shop owner. Sal ran over to the steef.

*(copied from prior post)* "Hey!!!! I saw fireworks! Where'd they go!?" The mudokon said crazily. His hair was dishelved, and he was covered in dirt. It looked like it had gone through Hell itself, but the stupid grin on its face suggested it had just been to a funhouse. Flaxis mouth opened and closed without making any noise. Thats when the smoke reached his eyes and mouth, and he started to cough. The mudokon was somehow unaffected.

"Fine if you're not going to talk...Lookit what I found!" He held up a Flaxis's assualt rifle. "I found this on the way!!! I'll sell it to you for...hows about 50 moolah?!" It made a mock-seller's face. Calvarr just stood there, looking at the mudo. "Oh, by the way, me name is Sal! Hows ya doing?!" Flaxis just gave up trying to understand, and tried to punch Sal in the face. With a childish eagerness, his blocked it and went into a boxer pose, singing some theme song that had "eye of the tiger" in the lines.*(end copy)*

"hey," Sal said while putting down his dukes "you guys better get to work. There is a HUGE crowd on its way to see the fireworks. I hope you're ready..." the mudokon leaned forward and whispered "...they don't seem like the patient type"

Flaxis tensed up. His eyes squinted tightly. Through his teeth he asked Sal "....exactly how many are coming?"

"Oooh.....probably two million. They all seem pretty excited to get here, too"

Last edited by toxicallpro; 01-17-2006 at 07:56 AM..
01-17-2006, 12:25 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

"Awwww man. I feel like fainting again." Said Calvarr as he held onto a tree for supprot. "No. No not again. The past....it's coming back."

It was a rainy day, and Calvarr was now 17 in human years since today was his Birthday. This was perhaps one of his most Darkest Days of his life. The other members of Gutless came towards Calvarr and said they wanted to talk with him.

"Well, alright. But if it's about me smoking forget it."

"No no." Said Relt. "We just wanna have a fun chat with ya."

So Calvarr and the others sat around an old, rusty steel can on the hard ground below them.

"Well," Relt started, "since it is your 17th Birthday today, we'd like to award you with a little gift from all of us. But before you open it, we'd like to say this. All of Gutless has had fun with you over the past years. Even though we beat up on you countless times, we love you like a brother."

"Awwww, how nice. Now gimme the present!"

So they brought in the present. It has huge, about seven feet high and two feet wide. Even though it was just a plain box wound with some tape, Calvarr couldn't wait to open it. So he did, but was shocked to see the biggest member of Gutless in there.

Yulup

"GOTCHA!" All of Gutless yelled.

They charged at Calvarr and started to mash up on him. He went screaming in pain. Nobody bothered to help since all of them were in their houses. Gutless had even stripped him of his clothing and disposed of it. The beating went on for over ten minutes, and the members of Gutless felt satified. Calvarr stood up in rage, wipping the blood-marks off himself.

"So Calvarr the Baby, whatcha' goanna do now?" Asked one of the members.

The members of the gang laughed at him. Then, Calvarr quickly took up a knife and threatened them. "You've crossed the line. Now, it's paypack time!"

The Gutless members didn't hear them because of their laughter. Then, Calvarr and charged at them and killed them one by one. It has very horrifing to watch, even the bravest of people couldn't take it. Blood was everywhere, and all the members of Gutless laied dead and cold. Calvarr did some heavy breathing, and a few tears went down his eyes. What did he do? He ran, as fast as he could out of the town, and into the misty fog in front of him.

01-18-2006, 08:23 AM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

Darvek sprinted through the maze-like network of tunnels, tearing the thick silky web from his face as it collected and tangled, becoming ever more abundant as he continued to run deeper within. His companions no longer had reason to keep from turning him over to the Industrials. Nothing to gain and everything to lose. Their entire way of life, as it were.

He heard Frex's voice echo throughout the twisting series of caverns but could make out little of what he was saying; 'Th.... Darvek! I.... and... run on me? You ha... I... kill... you... stop... running... ods!'

Darvek continued to run, the sounds of his metallic feet loudly scraping against the hardened, stone floor being heard from miles away. He would need somewhere to hide and quick. It had been months since he'd stolen enough oil to loosen up his gear. As Darvek continued down his winding path, the walls appeared to grow further apart, as if leading on to something much larger in size. He would soon find out.

Forgetting about the Slig following closely behind, Darvek stopped dead in his tracks. It was a sight to behold. An enourmous central chamber, dome like in structure, covered by the sticky, deep-purple coloured web. Seperate tunnels and passageways are connected from all angles along the walls, an extremely complex network system. But this wasn't what had caught Darvek's attention. Attached firmly in place by web, pulsating egg-like formations surround the chamber, accompanied by hundreds, if not, thousands of nesting Paramite, whom did not seem to be too pleased by their intruder.

Frex soon followed up behind coming to a halt as he neared Darvek's possition. He opened his mouth to speak before he noticed the present situation.

'We're...'
'Yeah, we're screwed.' Darvek answered.

Elsewhere, at the entrance to the caverns...

Calvarr's motionless body lay propped up by Flaxis' hands. Another black out. These were beginning to become a little too frequent during times such as this. Too make matters worse, he had unwillingly picked up another, far more irritating companion.

Sal pointed in the direction from which he had come. 'Wooh, boy! They're here!' he chuckled, almost delighted to see the entire Slig platoon hurtling toward them. Flaxis dropped Calvarr's body to the ground and prepared for battle, however hopeless his odds - but the Slig kept on running, past Flaxis and into the caverns. Of course, it wasn't him they were after. It was Darvek.

'Oh, I see how it is. A race is it?' Sal shouted out, completely oblivious to his surroundings, 'Well bring it on, chumps!'

And with that, Sal bounded off through the entrance, in persuit of the fleet. Flaxis paused for a moment to consider his options, his mind playing emotional air-hockey with itself. He no longer had obligation to this Darvek fellow. As a matter of fact, his own safety and that of the village would be better off without him around here. He had half a mind to just turn back on all of this and go his seperate way. But Sal - however annoying - the kid clearly had no clue what he was up against. Still, he was but one Mudokon amongst a tribal population verging on hundreds. It was a tough call to make...
01-18-2006, 12:08 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

Flaxis had finally decided to go after Sal and try to save him from certain death. Calvarr's body still lie on the cold ground when a shadowy figure that seemed to be a Steef came out of the dark and went towards Calvarr's body. He lied down right next to it.

"So." The figure said. "I've finally caught you, bastard. Think you can run from me. Well, you can't, and you never will!"

The figure had taken out a knife of his own and slowly brought it towards Calvarr's body. Suddenly, he woke up from his blackout and leaped into the air. He grabbed his Bloodstained Knife and both the Steef's and Calvarr's touched. He asked a numerous number of questions like 'Who are you? What are you doing here?' and so on.

"Now is no time for questions." The Steef had said. "I wanna kill you. In fact, I've wanted to kill you ever since the incident in Raville. Don't you remember me, Calvarr? Don't you?!"

"Relt?" Asked Calvarr. "Is that you."

"Of course it's me, you murderer!" Replied the Steef. "Now, any last words before I kill you?!"

Calvarr was very silent for a moment. 'Relt had surrived the incident?' He thought. 'It can't be. It just...can't...be.'

(OOC: Hey, I was REALLY wondering if I can make Relt my second character. You know, to twist things up a bit. Please?)
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

'We're...'
'Yeah, we're screwed.' Darvek answered.

Frex gulped and looked straight at the nesting paramites. They looked back and Frex was sure they were preparing for a "fun" hunt. There was a long ackward (OOC: sorry about spelling) silence in which neither Darvek or Frex could move. Frex stared blankly at the paramites but woke up from a non-existent sleep when he saw Darvek slowly aiming his weapon at the paramites.

"Don't waste your ammunition Darvek", Frex said. Darvek looked at him.

"I suppose you have a better plan?" Darvek answered sarcastically.

Frex had his last grenade behing his back he pressed it and it started beeping. "On three run" he whispered.

One, "Are you insane?" Darvek yelled as the beeping got faster.

Two, The paramites got in their running positionas they realised something was wrong.

"Three!!" Frex yelled out and threw the grenade at the top of the cavern. He ran through another small tunnel and stopped suddenly. He drew his gun out and prepared for the worst. The grenade he threw made a cave-in over the nests but some of the paramites survived.

Frex didn't see Darvek; he must've escaped through another route. Three paramites came running for Frex. He shot two of them and stabbed the last one in the face because he had no ammo left.

01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
mitsur
Corporate Espionage

"Damn, why do I keep pushing myself into these positions?" Flaxis muttered to himself as he hurtled through the Paramite caves. Flaxis was fast enough that he was catching up on Sal and the other sligs. The only weapon Flaxis had was his katana, since Sal had stolen it from him only minutes before.

He overtook one of the sligs, and, braking suddenly, did a reverse-tackle onto it and knock it down. Quickly, he slit its throat with the katana, and then took its gun. Not as good as mine Flaxis thought, but it'll have to do. H finally caught back up with the remaining group, and opened fire. Bullets streamed through the barrel, hitting 3 sligs and killing them. Other stray round sent some to the ground, crippled or injured. He shot them all to end there suffering before the paramites found them.

As Flaxis had just thought that, one of the survivors of the ambush squad was grabbed from a hole in the wall. Flaxis ran past the hole, the slig's screams as he was eatten alive in his ears. The same thing happened 2 other times, leaving one lone slig, who finally did the smart thing, and turned around and ran back. Flaxis found his body later outside the cave, killed with what looked like Vykker bone saws.

Flaxis finally reached the end, wondering where Sal was, when he saw Sal eagerly pulling and pushing away rocks from a cave in. From the other side was the sound of gunfire and yelling.

"Who's there!?" Flaxis yelled. Sal turned around, and motioned for him to join in.

"I'm playing a game against these other people! It's see who can get a hole in the rock first! I think I'm winning!" He said. Flaxis immediately thought of Darvek and Frex. He did the only thing he could. He grabbed his assualt rifle, and then joined in.

Wrex.

01-18-2006, 04:32 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

oddveteran93  (23)

OOC: I wonder if there's gonna be a The Bounty Hunter v2

01-18-2006, 05:32 PM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

MEANWHILE OUTSIDE THE CAVE:

It was a battle between Calvarr and Relt in a blade fight. The sligs were getting closer every strike, and paranoia was overtaking Calvarr bit by bit.

"You never had the power to defeat me, Cal. I've always been better than you!" Said Relt.

"Well guess what, Relt. This is the future, and I'm stronger!" Replied Calvarr.

Shockingly, Calvarr had gotten a stab inside the chest. He let out a loud cry of pain, echoing into the dark air and throughout the woods. Falling to the ground, barely breathing. He was bleeding badly, and possibly would die. A tear went down his eye, but he stayed brave and laied there on the ground. Relt brought the knife close to Calvarr's head, and laughed hard.

"You're such a joke." Relt started out. "In fact, you should've never been born at all. A piece of trash is what you are! You killed my friends and badly injured me! Gutless was gone, and it's all because of you, Cal! You'll feel my pain, and re-live those days through my eyes. Don't worry, I'll have the Sligs despose of your little friends. But for now, it's time to do something I've been waiting for a long time. DIE!"

Relt brought the knife down fast as the speed of sound. But Calvarr grabbed his arm just as fast to stop the knife. They met eye-to-eye, and Calvarr pushed Relt. He lost balance, and fell into the stream. It was deep, and Relt had a hard tiem getting to the surface. When Relt got up, he was being pushed by a force, but the stream was calm. Plus, Relt couldn't make his way out.

"What is this nonsence! But I swear, Calvarr. You'll be worse than dead when I come back!" Yelled out Relt. Then, he dissapeared from the flow of the black stream. Calvarr still lied on the ground. He was still hurt, and coughed loudly as the pain from the stab only got worse.

Last edited by sliguy101; 01-18-2006 at 05:38 PM..
01-18-2006, 06:28 PM
TomFrogman
Bolamite

TomFrogman  (10)

:
OOC: I wonder if there's gonna be a The Bounty Hunter v2
OOC: I would hope not, personally. I figure once an RP ends it's something neat to look back on and read but then it's time for something completely new and fresh to continue your characters adventures. Sequels perhaps, but not a new version of the same thing. I'll be the first to admit I'm not too big a fan of W@RF.

Sliguy, I for one am completely fine with the introduction of your new character, but I'm wondering if your flashbacks and his presence will actually tie into the story somehow later on? I've been somewhat confused by it.

I'll post another entry later today.
01-19-2006, 03:34 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Calvarr's flashbacks are tying in with the story. In his description, it said he was 'Haunted by his past', and soon he must realize a dirty secret about his weapon, AKA The Bloodstained Dagger. Not only that, but Relt will soon feel Calvarr's pain as well

Anyways, this is Relt's profile.)

NAME: Relt Fyrway
SPECIES: Steef
EQUIPMENT: Carries around a sharp kitchen knife. Has a backpack which
nobody knows what's in it. Has brass knuckles on each hand.

DESCRIPTION: Vice President of the gang Gutless. Likes to bring
pain and misery into others. Varrious stitches cover his body, and
he has the urgent need to kill his old rival. Calvarr. Has a very bad
attitude, and a look that obviously says, 'What are you giving me that
look for?'. Wears an eye patch on the right eye, and wears a Crimson
Hat. The rest of his gear (chest piece, gloves, pants, etc.) is black, and
is great for stealthing. When near him, approach carefully.

PERSONALITY: Angry most of the time, and overtaken by stress.
He also has what he likes to call his Blind Rage. It's where everything
goes red for his sight and rage overtakes him. The first thing he will see,
he will kill. Last only about a minute. Has a goal in which he would
avenge the deaths of his fellow gang members from Gutless, who were
killed. Fighting skills are great, yet unpredictable. Sometimes he might not
be able to tell if a person is neutral or hostile.

BIOGRAPHY: Relt Fyrway. Vice President of the gang Gutless. Born in
Raville, the town of crime and misery, he had a friend named Ghast
Perrt, also a Steef. Ghast had a dream that both him and Relt
would make a gang simply called Gutless. That dream had come true,
and a new evil seemed to be born. For many years, Gutless practicly owned
the town, stealing jewlery and Moolah. But it had all changed, when former
Gutless member Calvarr went crazy and had stabbed everyone in the gang.
Luckily, Relt had surrvived, but barely. The Industralists found him and took
him to the Vykker Hostpital. He was opperated on for over a year,
and when the healing was complete, the first things he said were these.

"I'M GOANNA KILL CALVARR!"

He had then joined the Industralists, hopeful to find Calvarr, and then kill
him for all that he had done. Relt had never been the same ever since, and
he had shortly turned into a big-time criminal.
01-20-2006, 07:09 AM
sliguy101
Howler Punk

sliguy101  (10)

(OOC: Ummm, I think I'll just make the next reply. Sorry if I double posted)

Calvarr had a hard time trying to get up after being stabbed in the chest. Holding onto a tree for support, but everything was getting dizzy. It was like being in a drunken haze, only with a lot of pain and loss of air.

"What is....happening? And...most of all...where did everyone go?" He asked in confusion. He passed out, yet again. But this time, Sligs had gone up to him and looked at him in confusion.

"Wuzzup with him?" Asked one of them.

"Not sure, but wasn't he the one with that one vial of Treystone?" Asked another.

What seemed to be the lead Slig found Clavarr's bag right next to him. He shuffled through it and found a variety of empty flasks, full flasks, and herbs. He gasped at the sight of what was in the bag. "My odd." He said. "This guy must be a Poison Maker. Better take him in. I think Relt might wanna see him."

The Sligs dragged Calvarr across the dirt and into the black darkness, not knowing if Calvarr was goanna wake up anytime soon.

BACK IN THE CAVE:

Various explosions and dead bodies filled the Cave. An angry group of Paramites were onto both the Sligs and the group. The whole thing turned into chaos, and it was only sending in more Sligs. Several Big Bro Sligs went in, along with a few robotic machines.

"We can't all take on this!" Flaxis yelled out. "We need to retreat!"

"I don't wanna!" Sal replied. "I'm having a bunch on fun, and I think these Sligs should be our friends. Hmmm, but I wonder why they're attacking as. Has anyone seen buddy Calvarr, becuase I heard a yell just outside the cave."