Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

06-09-2005, 07:26 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

At the Board Room Carl and Tucker arrive.
*Tucker looks inside*
Tucker:"Shit! Boss, no one's here!"
Carl:"WHAT!?! Were would they be?"
Carl thoughts:"That noise is gonna drive me crazy!"
*Carl starts to head down the hall.*
Tucker:"Were are we going?"
Carl:"Cafetaeria, mabye they are having some food."

06-10-2005, 06:32 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Anni was still stunned as she watched the building. She scrolled through her memory to see if she had heard about it, but she hadn't. So she shrugged and slowly went towards it. Her heart beat faster than normal, as she was both scared and curious. But as she went nearer she could feel a warm feeling, as if she knew this place. As if it was her home.

"Oh my ODD! I know what this place is! It's the Monsaic lines!!" Anni said, and hurried up.

"Really? This is it?? OH! Maybe i can get to paramonia from there!!!!!" Somi howled happily, and ran along Anni.

Freak ran with them.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

06-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Stivik scrambled backwards from the scrab and, thinking quickly, turned his box and mask off. He pulled a grenade off of his belt, fumbled with it and then threw it at the scrab.

Unfortunately the scrab chose that moment to charge and was well away from the grenade by the time it blew. The explosion panicked the scrab and gave Stivik time to scramble backwards. Suddenly his hand went plunged into thin air. Barely keeping his balance, re realised he'd been backed into the edge of the cliff. He glanced over his shoulder and spotted Anni and her animals below, just outside the gate.

The scrab howled at him again and Stivk decided he didn't have much of a choice.

Stivik: "Hey, you, down there, HELP! HELP!"

Last edited by Splat; 06-10-2005 at 07:27 AM..
06-10-2005, 06:41 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

: Jan 2005
: Sydney
: 1,631
mudling  (123)mudling  (123)

ooc: sorry, i'm a bit slow, but how is anni in parrimonia, and stivik fighting a scrab? so much for slow action! heck, nibb is hungry for some action!

*nibb and martha were walking along the hall way, then all of the suden he froze, he looked around and found a portal opened, leading to the mosaic lines*
nibb: wow, look at this place! i getting out of these farms!
*martha doesn't even argue with him, she freezes, appenently something esle had gone threw the portal*
nibb: what's wrong martha?
*a loud screech is heard, realy close*
nibb: m-m-martha, what's behind me?
martha: *shocked* oh crudd!
nibb: i'm going to *turns around* ahhh! *starts to scream*
*a scrab appears, clearly the leader of whatever it belongs to, due to it's awsome muscles*
nibb: you're not from the stockyards, are you?
scrab: rawwwww! *he opens his mouth, and leans back, about to jump*
martha: you got any ideas?
ooc:sorry, but i had to do that, since splat gets to fight a scrab, i wanted to fight a wild animal to, preferably a meech, but they're extinct so what else could i do?

06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

Ooc| Anni is not in Paramonia, but outside stockyard. just where Abe got revived by Bigface. And it took me more than one post to get her outside... You should learn to understand what other's write more... =/

---IC---

Anni turned around as she heard somone cry for help. She went back to the cliff, and saw Stivik. The Scrab howled again, and then she understood what was going on.

"Uh oh, it looks like Stivik has gotten himself into trouble." She said.

"Aren't you gonna do something about it?" Somi asked.

"Why should I? He's from the cartel." Anni said, but then she sighed, "Ok, I think i have a plan. You shoot two webs up to the cliff, and tie Freak to one of them. Then you tie anothe string of web on him, that is attached to you. Then you crawl up at the second web, and i crawl up too. When you've gotten to the top, you get Freak to distract the scrab, and you try to shoot web at it, so that it can't move, ok?"

"Good plan." Somi howled and did as she was told. Somi and Freak got to the top, Freak began annoying the scrab, and it began chasing him. Then Somi shot strings of web at the Scrab's leg, so that it couldn't move. After some time they succeeded.

"Phew that was hard..." Somi said, and looked at Freak, who barked happily.

But Anni grunted at Stivik as she saw him.

"Why are you here? Argh it doesn't matter, I'm goin. You comin Somi and Freak?" Anni said angrily.

They both nodded and the began moving for the edge again.

============

06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

sorry, but i couldn't find a post realating to it.
also, isn't the only way through to the monsaic lines, through a portal, that's why there was a portal lying around. it's just the stockyards are very big, and i doupt anni could be bothered to travel that far.
*edit* *nibb stands there, and then the scrab starts to charge, then it freezes, and starts to howl, then it pushes nibb and martha into the portal, which closes behind them*
nibb: ooff! oh great, scrab kigndom, here i come!
martha: ahh, what's the scrab doing?
*the scrab continues to howl, then runs off, and starts tearing at something hanging in the distance*
nibb: ohh, look at this place!
martha: it's the mosaic lands, we're in native mud territory!
nibb: it's not my home!
martha: no, you ideot, other mudds live here, native ones!
nibb: hey, look, there are some natives over there, and a parrimite and a slig!
martha: wait a minute, they're not native.
*they go towards the figures, trying to avoid the scarb at the same time*

Last edited by mudling; 06-10-2005 at 09:35 PM..
06-10-2005, 10:14 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

Carl and Tucker arrive at the Cafeterias entrance.
*Tucker open the door.*
Lots of dust falls down and blinds Carls and Tuckers visions.
Carl:"Is anyone here Arnie, the Boss of Rupture Farms. I have a proposition for him."

Last edited by kjjcarpenter; 06-13-2005 at 01:55 AM..
06-11-2005, 02:58 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Blowing up that door was unecessary as it wasn't locked. In fact it wasn't even closed if i recalll!
Mudling, you're confusing me.

Stivik: "I was on patrol mud. I was working. Something you may not understand. What are you doing out here?"

Stivik crawls over to his pants and begins to pull himself up into his pants. "Do you really think you could survive out there? I've seen it mud, it's not a game in the wild. You and your little pets wouldn't survive more than a week."

He had a recording of the paramite speaking and he had to keep her from going until he could steal it or he was screwed.

06-11-2005, 03:21 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: you know the scrab somi captured, as you ran off, nibb was pushed through a portal, into the mosaic lines, nibb saw you, and tried to say hello, while the scrab rushed to get the other scrab hanging in the paimite web. do you understand now? *lol* yes, it's very confusing, and i hope i am not interferring with anything, do you mind if nibb joins you and anni?

06-11-2005, 04:00 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC| Erm... i don't really mind it... but i don't know where you got the portal from... o well...

---IC---

"Oh, working outside here where no mud or slig is... well besides me... You were following me! You Cartel-bastard." Anni said, as she could feel the anger rise inside her.

"Erm lets just go..." Somi said.

"Ok, just crawl down your web, but tie Freak to you. And you Stivik, i really don't mind you in person, but when i found out you were from the Carte, i lost all trust in you." she said, as she tightened her fists.

Somi began crawling down from the cliff, with Freak tied on her, followed by Anni.

============

06-11-2005, 04:15 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: never mind, i made a mistake, but it's too late now.
nibb: wow! it's those guys from the farms!
martha: hey dofus! do you know how ta get home?
nibb: this is my home!
martha: correction, it's one of the many homes of the native mudokons, you grew up in a small riverside village at the edge of the spooceshrub forrest, remember?
nibb: did noe tell you all of that? how much do you know about me?
*martha looks around suspiciosly*
nibb: well, i guess we should get away from this scrab, lets go!

06-11-2005, 05:28 AM
Splat

Stivik: "Hey, I never said I was from the Cartel. Robo-cop assumed I was but I never actually said I was. You know, when you spy on a person you can get the wrong idea about them. You came and stuck your nose in on our conversation and now look at yourself. You're goin ta get yourself killed in the wild! What do you think's out there? Two enormous temples and a village of happy little savage muds?"

06-11-2005, 05:43 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: Netherlands
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: I hope all o' ya read my entrance, but to make sure Boogie doesn't die by cause of the steam, here are two more chars:
Name: Scruben (sometimes called: Scrubby)
Specie: Mud
Job: Floor Scrubber
Appearance: Yellowy-Green with red like eyes.
Personality: Fastly worried and helpful. He became that way after one of his best friends was lost for some days, and his body was found by Scrubby, dead.

Name: Floyd
Specie: Mud
Job: Stability/Machine-checker
Appearance: Darky-green wearing a scrub cap the wrong way around. Always carries a pen and a notebook.
Personality: Experienced stability-checker. With a sharp mind in remembering how to stay safe and getting to know thechniques(machinery stuff).

--IC--

"Whoa!" Floyd yelled, as three of the alarm lights exploded behind his back.

Scruben: “Damn it, Floyd. About five minutes ago you sead everything was stable. Can you name any machine in Rupturefarms that is stable now? Huh?”

Floyd: "Yup, I can give you lots of names of those who are stable, see that machine behind you? Aww well. But the alarm isn’t killing my ears for nothing… I think. Some dumbass could have shutdown the boilers. But that doesn’t explain why those lights snapped. There has to be an electrical breakdown somewhere."

Scruben: "So, go check it out!"
Floyd: "Ok, but you aren't going to come with me this time. What's that smell anyway?"
Scruben: "What the hell is going on below ? *cough*"
*Floyd looks down*
Floyd: "Cover your mouth! It's boiler steam!"
*They both cover their mouths*
Floyd: "Scrubby! Get up to the higher levels and warn anybody you encounter. 'The steam isn't deadly… yet, and isn't flowing out fastly. But just do it!. I'm going in."
*Scruben jumps for the elevator and makes his way up.*
*Floyd covers his mouth with a shredded piece of paper from his notebook, pulls a lever near a well and jumps in.*

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-31-2005 at 09:00 AM..
06-11-2005, 06:03 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

OCCoes it matter? There are probaly lots of doors and this one was closed.

06-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

OOC: Yes it does matter... read back the RPG before you decide to do something and take a note of how this thing is played. If you want action join some other RPG.

Nick and Math were by now back at the grinding area, which was grinded to bits itself.

Math: Wh.t me.s!

Nick: What?! Talk louder! I can't hear ya with these damn alarms!

Math: I said what a mess! Can't you shut the alarm up somehow! Shoot it or something!

Nick had a thought about it, then aimed his gun at one of the speakers and shot it.
Alarms from other places were still being heared but at least it was a little more quiet.

Math: Thanks...

Nick: Welcome, after all this damage, one lousy speaker won't be much of a diffrence.

Math: Right... so.... now what?

Nick: No idea... I guess we will just wait for Arnie's orders. Untill then, get a pen and paper and write up a damage report of the grinding area.

Math: How does 'Complete wreckage' sound?

Nick turned around and walked down the coridor.

Nick: Just do it!

Math: *sigh* Yes sir...

Nick made his way back to the Security Office and sat there watching some monitors, trying to ignore the alarm that was going on endlessly outside the room. Suddenly he cought a glimps of a slig somewhere on one of the cam's. As he looked closer, he noticed it was Stivik, and also noticed he was somewhere at the back of the stockyards.

Nick: What the hell is he doing way out there... it's dangerous!

He grabs a nearby radio and turns it on.

Nick: Stavik! Come in! What the hell do you think you're doing?!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

06-11-2005, 04:34 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

OCC: Sorry, can we just make it that when the alarm went off, one of the doors was shut, to try and prevent anyone from escaping through the hallway.

06-11-2005, 06:08 PM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: i don't know. but please stop destroying rupture farms, or we wont have a place to RPG in .

*noe continues to walk along, then starts running, just incase the scrab chases them*
martha: come on peoples! stop arguing and lets get out of here!
nibb: how? the portal's gone.
martha: *sigh* well, the native mudds can probably find us some birds, lets find a village.
*nibb begins to feel something on the back of his neck, it appears the scrab has finished eating, and is still hungry*
nibb: let's go just a little bit faster, shall we.
ooc: now, i didn't go any further, becuase i'm not sure if t-nex and splat want to be chased by a scrab again. but....how about it? one more scrab fight, please?

06-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Well, I've got a lot to catch up on. I think Sefon was in the grinding area so:

-IC-

Sefon sees Nick leave and Math getting ready to write the damage report. He moves over to where Math is.

Sefon:"Hey, would you have any clue what happened in here? You and that slig seem to know something."

Groll, covering his ears, has made his way (shall we say, by chance?) to the boiler room. He sees a mudokon (Floyd) coming out from a well near the entrance to the room.
Groll (shouting over the top of the alarm):"Hey, what's up with this awful noise? And where's all that smoke coming from?"
(He doesn't realize that that its boiler steam, not smoke)

OOC: Hope this is alright with you, big bro boogie, I'm not quite sure what you meant in your last post.

06-11-2005, 11:59 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

Happy

OCC: Ok, I will make a change

Name:Caboose
Species:Slig
Job:Notice Board director
Apperance:Everyday slig, except has blue pants, and blue mask
Bio:Has worked in Rupture Farms since he was 1. Lived his whole life typing the newest messages.

Tucker:"Sir, no one's here."
Carl:"What?!?"
Tucker:"Infact, this isn't even the Cafeteria, it's a Meat Saw room."
Carl:"For gods sake, were are the managers when you need them."
*Carl looks at a electrical notice board.*
Carl (reads):"Warning, Zulag 1 shut down, Boilers offline, 2 fugeitives escape, kill on sight. Well that explains the alarm."
Tucker:"Sir, how are we going to find Arnie in a place this big?"
Carl:"Do you know were the main notice board room is, were I can get a message out across this factory?"
Tucker:"Sure do, follow me."

Carl and Tucker walk along the hallway until they reach the notice board room.

Tucker:"Were here."
Carl thoughs:"Is that noise ever going to stop?"
Carl:"Type in- what whose that slig?"
Caboose:"I'm Caboose, the notice board slig.
Carl:"Well I got a message..."
Caboose:"Sorry but..."
Carl:"Type in this message."
*Bumps Tucker and Tucker gives Caboose a piece of paper.*

All notice boards and microphones read this message.
"Arnie, Carl the Glukkon is here, needs to see you ASAP in Notice Board room."

Last edited by kjjcarpenter; 06-13-2005 at 02:00 AM..
06-12-2005, 05:16 AM
Splat

ooc: Mudling, you'll have to see what T says when she shows up. And I think she's gonna have a lot to say... Chirpie AND Big Bro Boogie, were you not listening to what was said about making your characters enter from somewhere? If he's been working there since he was one then why did no one know he existed?

Stvik jumped when his radio (i'm guess ing this was one he was given when he started here?) buzzed but listened to Nick's message. Stivik doesn't answer right away, instead he says to Anni,

Stivik: "Hey, I've got your favourite Slig on this radio asking what I'm doing out here. I'f I told his you were trying to escape you would be in a lot of trouble."

Then to Nick: "Just checking the place out, don't want any on the savage muds breaking in. The back gate has actually been left open!"

Once more to Anni: "I could still tell him. If you try and escape I'll have to tell him. It's my job."

06-12-2005, 05:51 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

OCC:Splat read back one page, I made an entrance. He got off his train, and I am making a story of my character in the Fan Corner.

06-12-2005, 06:35 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

OOC| Uh what about Big bro boogie? I'm kind of confused what's going on there... Chirpy, if there's one thing w hate, it is ppl that randomly blow up stuff, just to attract attention or "show themselves off", can't we just "undo" the whole blowing??

-IC-

"OOOH! So you're not a cartel? Well, i can smell you guy from a distance if 3 feet. Well, I can't be sure, but you really do smell like them. Hmm, but here's the deal, I can still escape, but if you told Nick, i might had to make Freak and Somi play with you bit, right?" She said and rolled her eyes, while looking at somi.

"Uh yeah, i wanna go to my home!" Somi said.

"So let us go, then you can tell Nick if you want, cuz he wont have the chance of doing anything about it. I'll be far away from Rupture farms by then. Oh this really hurts." She said, and tried to get a better position on the cliff, as she hung on it.

OOC| Just to make it clear, Anni is hanging on the cliff, ready to climb down.

============

06-12-2005, 06:40 AM
Splat

Stivik: "And what are you gonna do when you escape? What, you think one of the tribes of savages out there will let you in? They're cannibals out there! They'll have the meat off your bones and anything else you happen to have of value, including that talking paramite of yours."

06-12-2005, 08:19 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

OOC| What the hell Splatty-dude, I never said any of my characters worked on RF since they were 1. Aww never mind.

--IC--

*Floyd flew out of the well ending up on the edge of the it, almost falling back in.*
Floyds thoughts: "Whoa. I need to find the source of this mess *cough*. But then what, I won't be able to find my way back."
*Floyd thought of a way to find the well*
Floyds thoughts: " Yup, this has to do the trick."
*Floyd reached for his flashlight, switched it on and putted it next to the well*
Floyds thoughts: "Yup that works. *cough* Gee, got 's to hurry up, if I want to live this."
*Floyd crawled down the hallway with closed eyes while coughing more and more. He touched a wall*
Floyd's thoughts: "This has to be the ending of the boiler hall. Wow I'm dizzy. Boiler One is the one that has to leak, for this rustling sound is now as loud as can be *cough*. But someone…" He got cut off by himself "Let's just get in okay."
*Floyd reached for an opening in the wall to his side and grabbed the edge of it. He walked in, leaving sweat tracks on the floor. To make sure not to get lost, he dropped himself, sticking his foot outside the door to find a way back. But as he dropped himself, his head banged upon Boogie's metal pants.*
Floyds thoughts: "YEEAAUW! *Without opening his mouth, by cause of the smoke* What the hell is this scrap doing here."
* He climbs up with use of Boogie's pants. He felt some kind of scaly weird skin.*
Floyds thoughts : "Hell! This is a Big bro. What am I going to do now. *cough* Err… how's about dying or letting that Big bro die… I'll die in either way, but I'll get more credit if I try an' save this guy."
*Floyd helped the Big bro out of his pants by pulling his mouth tentacles. He was happy to notice that this BB wasn't as heavy as normal BB 's. He forgot where the door was, for his foot was displaced. So he just tried and run somewhere while dragging Boogie behind him. He ran against the edge of the door, which he was glad to find. It was hard for him to get up, but he did and now he pushed the big bro forwards in direction of the vague pocket torch light (instead of pulling). He now reached the well.*
"I don't know why an odd god would let me live, but I hope this Big Bro dick is tiny enough to fit in a well. So here we go!" Floyd thought when he jumped in the well, still holding Boogie's mouth tentacles.

OOC| Wow, that's a lot o' writing.
06-12-2005, 03:49 PM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

"Oh and how wouls you know that? You've never been there. Sure they could have teached ya, but trust me, that's how they train you Sligs. To hate us and only think bad things about us. You don't get it and probably never will, but i have a feeling for that place... like it's my home.
Anyways you can't make me go back, so tut-tut Stivik." Anni responded and grinned.

She looked down for an easy path she could crawl down at.

============

06-13-2005, 01:50 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

Happy

OOC: Done and Done. (I wasn't trying to get attension for I suck at that.)

Carl:"Is that guy Arnie ever going to be here."
Caboose was sitting down talking to himself while typing what he said.
Carl:"What are you typing?"
Caboose:"I just got some new infomation from my security cameras."
Carl:"You can get your security cameras to get anywere in the factory?"
Caboose:"Sure can!"
Carl:"Find Arnie."
Caboose logs on to every security camera looking for Arnie.
Caboose:"I can't see him in section 1a-4t."
Carl:"That does it, Tucker, Caboose, lets go look for him."
Tucker:"Just wait 10 minutes."
Carl:"O.K"

Last edited by kjjcarpenter; 06-14-2005 at 09:55 PM..
06-13-2005, 02:01 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

nibb: i'm not going home either, i like this place better than that rubbish farm!
martha: does it suprize me that you're a mud?
nibb: yes it does, now, i'm heading off for an adventure. native village, hear we come!
*there's a russling in the bushes, martha freezes, a small, dark figure appears*
martha: hey, what's that over there?
nibb: hey, i'm having a fantasy over here!
martha: hey! show yourself!
dark figure: darn, you cuaght me!
martha: who are ya? what do you want from me?
dark figure: da name's dan, i was looking for food, and a soulmate.
martha: what are you?
dan: what do ya think? i'm a chikpunk! *hops out of the bushes*
martha: my, i didn't know you were so handsome!
nibb: i hope i'm not interuppting something, but i'm leaving, make your own way back to the farm.
martha: fine, and tell da boss dat i'm bringing someone with me!
nibb: fine! *walks off, enoring the approaching scrab*
ooc: t-nex, splat, would you mind comeing with nibb, to get away from the scarb and the chipunks? oh, and i might make dan a new character, but if i do, that'll lesen the importance of martha.

06-13-2005, 02:36 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: I'm here, had my last exam today, so I'll be here more often from now on.

---

*Arnie hears the announcement*

Arnie: "Me? In the Notice Board Room? I don't even know where it is."

Otto: "I think I saw it somewhere around. Let's go."

Arnie: "OK. I wonder who's this new Glukkon?"

06-13-2005, 02:42 AM
mudling
Outlaw Sniper

ooc: dripkik, would you mind i created a new glockon? becuase i want a more industrail character. i guess there is already 2 though. got any suggestions for another industrial character? BTW, i decided to scrap dan, although he'll still be in the farms, just not a major character.

06-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Splat

Stivik: "You've never been out there either have you! Why should what you've been told be the right thing and me wrong? I've seen more of what's out there than you have kid. It's not pretty."

Stivik growls: "I won't let you go out there and get yourself killed. You're an unusual mudokon Anni. You're lucky you've got such a nice boss. If you get picked up by other industrialists out there - and there are a lot of patrols now - most glukkons wouldn't hesitate to sell you for... research purposes. Vykkers would pay a lot for someone like you... or Math."