Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Fan Corner

01-13-2003, 06:32 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Oh dear. So what wants them for lunch? And can Harc swim? im guessing not. hey, ive just thought, do any of them have angy guns or anything?

04-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Latamire_Munch
Fuzzle

: Dec 2002
: Florida or somewhere like that
: 132
Latamire_Munch  (10)
its baaack!!

((sorry for the….extremely long wait folks, but sadly, I had lost interest in this story. But I’ve decided to keep going! Yay! So here is the next installment, and we continue the Good Slig Chronicles))

Drogin woke with an excruciating pain in his left arm. He noticed his mask was off, and his pants were gone. As he lifted his head, which seemed to weigh a ton, he saw that his left arm was in a splint. He tried to lift it, but he was unable and because it hurt too much. When he attempted this, it made him groan in pain. Other than his arm, he felt in pretty good shape. As his groggy eyes focused, he noticed his surroundings. He was inside of some kind of tent. There were no lights except the sun breaking through the opening at the top. Him and the cot-like bed he was laying on were the only things inside of it. He heard noises outside, voices, rustling, footsteps. His first thought was that he was caught by the Vykkers or the Glukkons. This thought made him very scared and he thought of how to escape. How would he be able to crawl with his arm broken? His mind was still made up, he had to escape. Using his good arm and balancing his body weight, he pushed him self off the bed. When his bad arm hit the ground, he almost screamed but muffled it. He cracked the splint. Suddenly he heard an odd voice from outside the tent.

“How is he doing?”

“Still asleep.” Another voice was heard.

“Where do you think he came from? He’s awfully little for a slig.”

“I don’t know, but I don’t think it’s wise to keep him here. He could be dangerous!”

“I know, but still, we have to do what the shaman tells us. I’m going to check on him.”

Before Drogin could move or speak, a figure walked in. His muscles tensed up, ready to see the horrifying face of a Vykker, but instead saw the warm, friendly face of a Native Mudokon. Drogin relaxed and took a deep sigh.

“You’re awake.” The Mud said, a little apprehensive.

“Um, hi. My name is Drogin. Can you tell me where I am?”

“Not really. This is a survivor Mud camp. Abe saved us all. We were instructed to hide here, near the river. My name is Doug. Where are you from, how did you get in the river?”

“River? Oh, well, me and my friends were being chased by a Vykker, so we jumped off a cliff to escape…..or die. We must’ve landed in the river, I guess you found me.”

“Why were you running from a Vykker? Don’t sligs work for Vykkers and Glukkons.”

“Well, yes, but me and my buddies ran away from all that. We’re not like other sligs, we’re good.”

Doug shifted and moved closer to Drogin, “Oh really? Well, you’ll be treated with kindness here. Our Mud troops will help find your buddies, what do they look like?”

“Oh, Trask looks like any other slig, he may be loud and obnoxious, but he’s a nice guy. And then there’s Harc, he’s a Big Bro Slig, but he has a heart of gold.”

“Alright, I’ll send some warriors out to search down the river banks, in the mean time,” he walked over and picked up Drogin and set him back on the bed, “You should rest.”

Drogin smiled at Doug and replied, “Thank you.” As he drifted off to sleep.

To be continued…
04-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Zach Roy Wilson
Sniper Wasp

: Feb 2003
: Under the Michelan Man-thingy
: 281
Zach Roy Wilson  (10)
Wired

This is worth the Oddworld Nobel Prize! Keep up the good work.

http://inhousemedia.net/mf/Banner_Fr...This_Fire_.gif
This Fire is Out of Control!
We're Gonna Burn This City!
Burn This City!
-Franz Ferdinand

04-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Seargentbig
Sleg

: Apr 2003
: Australia
: 683
Seargentbig  (10)
Happy Great story!

I would just like to say how good your story is, and that you have inspired me to make my own. Thanks!
04-12-2003, 03:34 AM
Latamire_Munch
Fuzzle

Latamire_Munch  (10)

Neither Harc nor Trask was able to speak or move when a huge body came crashing out of the water. It was long, serpent like and had blue-green shimmering scales.

“What- what is that?!” Trask screamed.

“I don’t know, but I don’t want to find out!” Harc squealed in response and leapt into the water. It was very awkward for Harc to swim, his legs where very heavy, but the strong thrashing of his arms kept him afloat. Trask dove in and swam very awkwardly as well. But they swam as fast as they could to the shore. The monster of course noticed them jumping away from its nest, and began to give chase. Of course, the monster was definitely a more experienced swimmer than the two sligs. In slithered through the water like a knife through warm butter. It tried to swallow Trask, but this caused a large wave to erupt as the monster came up to eat the little interloper. The wave carried Trask farther away from it. It then went after Harc. The thing actually succeeded in getting the morsel of meat and metal in its mouth, but Harc would not be swallowed! He grabbed on to one of the thing’s sharp teeth and held on for dear life. Harc used all of his strength to not be ripped from the tooth by the water constantly rushing in and out of the monster’s mouth. Finally, Harc got a break as a large wave of water started rushing out of its mouth. Harc caught it and body surfed out of the large serpent’s mouth. He tumbled about underwater, he felt the underbelly of the beast graze his body and his head hit the sandy floor of the ocean. The monster was once again after Trask. In an attempt to escape, Trask dove underwater. This did not help him at all, the monster was just as smooth underwater as he was on top. As the monster came in for the kill, Trask dove further down just in time to get missed by the monster’s mouth, but getting hit by its chin in the process. This force knocked Trask closer towards the beach. Finally, Trask felt sand beneath his metal feet. It was shallow enough for him to walk! He ran as fast as he could through the water, the monster’s stomach was gliding along the sandy bottom, but soon, it was too shallow for it to follow. Trask noticed Harc a little bit further down the beach, reaching the water’s edge as well. The monster roared in defeat, then retreated back into the water, towards its nest.

Trask ran over to Harc, “Hey, you okay?”

Out of breath, Harc replied, “Yea, now I am.”

The two collapsed onto the beach and relaxed. “I think that was a Sea Rex.” Trask pointed out.

“I don’t care what it was, as long as we don’t have to see it again.”

Trask chuckled. Harc closed his eyes, “I wonder where Drogin is? I hope he didn’t get eaten…”

“Nah,” Trask replied, “not our small fry, he’s probably sleeping under a tree, eating exotic fruit.”

The happy thought made Harc chuckle this time.

Drogin shared his lifestory with Doug. Doug was very interested. The little slig told about his birth, his first boss, Crank and the Mudokons and how he met Trask and Harc. He ended with telling Doug about Spark, the brave gabbit who risked his life to save them.

“Wow,” Doug said, “you sure had a rough life for such a little guy. What are you gonna do once you find Trask and Harc?”

“Hmm, I don’t know. I never thought about it.”

“Are you gonna get back at your horrible boss and Crank? I would.” Doug smirked.

Drogin cocked his head and thought it over.

To be continued…
04-15-2003, 02:40 AM
Latamire_Munch
Fuzzle

Latamire_Munch  (10)

After their rest, Trask and Harc (and Drogin’s pants) went on a search for their tiny friend. They followed the river back into the forest.

“I hope we find him soon,” Harc whimpered, “I keep having these thoughts that something bad has happened to him.”

“I’m sure we’ll find him.” Trask said, pushing back his bad thoughts as well.

Suddenly, they heard a rustling in the bushes. Harc jumped behind Trask, “What was that?!”

“I dunno.” Trask’s voice quivered.

As Trask stepped closer, a little Mudokon head popped up. He looked at them and asked, “Trask? Harc?”

Trask and Harc exchanged glances and replied in unison, “Yes?”

“I’m here to help you. You’re friends with Drogin?”

“Drogin?” Trask cried, “He’s with you?”

“Well at our camp. Follow me, I’ll take you to him.”

The two sligs followed the Mud a few miles away from the riverbank and into a camp. It consisted of ten tents and about twenty Mudokons. In the center was a fire, around the fire, with five Muds, sat Drogin.

“Drogin!” Trask and Harc exclaimed running up to him.

“Guys!” he cried in reply.

“We thought you were dead!” Harc said picking up his small friend and hugging him.

“I though you were dead!” Drogin laughed as Harc set him down.

“I think you might want these.” Trask handed him his pants.

“Thanks!” He hopped in them and walked around in a small circle to test them. “Come on, I want you to meet Doug!”

And so the three friends were reunited. They spent a week with the Mudokons, living happy lives in the forest. One long, restless night, Drogin sat up in the sligs’ tent and called Trask’s name.

“What is it?” Trask said sleepily.

“Are you happy here?”

Trask sat up, “What?”

“Are you happy living this way?”

“Well, yeah, are you?”

“Yes, of course, this is my dream lifestyle, but-“ Drogin paused.

“What’s wrong Drog? Somethin’ bothering you?”

“It’s just that I feel something’s missing. Deep down, I can’t relax because I feel like there’s something I have to do.” Drogin hesitated, “I want to go back to my old job and get back at my boss, Crank and his gang and free those Mudokons.”

“You sure about this?” Trask asked him.

“Yea….I’m sure. I want to start in the morning.”

“Good, we’ll go with you.” Trask finished and lay back down.

Drogin smiled as he lay down as well and drifted off to sleep.

To be continued….