Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

09-22-2002, 11:50 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

Your points are in the forums best interest? So does that mean that your the one thats ultimately right here, with everyone backing you? Or are you talking about as the forums, as a person, talking to you, in which case I'd recomend you stop smoking pot.
09-23-2002, 12:00 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

: Jun 2002
: Hawaii
: 1,611
Kaimana  (11)

You're very funny. In the forums best interest, what is ethical, my friend. Not that I am right, not that everyone is following me, but you need none of that to do what you think is right now do you.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...rs/kaimana.gif

Kai the OIPT CEO *OIPT its what keeps the forums going*
Faith, Hope, and Love...the greatest of these is Love
1 Corinthians 13:13.......~Kai~

09-23-2002, 12:05 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

You know what would be ironic? If Alcar closes it the instant he sees it...
09-23-2002, 12:19 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
You know what would be ironic? If Alcar closes it the instant he sees it...
Hehe, yeah.

But no, this topic was created to discuss an important point. Why shut it?

The reason I deleted those posts made by Gluk Schmuck and the others there after his were:

a) He posted three time in a row
b) They had nothing to do with the topic

Then the new topic, "Thought Police?" was made. Discuss all your TGA - OWF stuff there. But about the censorship (as in swearing) if you have any problems with the words that have or aren't censored then post them in the "Crack down" topic. The majority or people who wish to have a word censored will have it censored, and vice-versa.

As far as abusing power, I believe that the Moderators are settling into there new jobs, and like me, changed a bit. But eventually they'll change back. But i don't really see how they are abusing their power, I think they'd act like that anyway.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

09-23-2002, 12:58 AM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Native

I think these forums are fine and if you don't like them leave. Period. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

09-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Joshy
Outlaw Mortar

: Aug 2002
: Australia, Sydney
: 1,908
Joshy  (20)
moderators

The moderators on these forums are fine. I never got scoled for doing anything wrong.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God.
You see things, and you say 'why'. But i dream things that never were and i say 'why not'.

09-23-2002, 10:13 AM
Intern_485
Fuzzle

: Jul 2002
: Pennsylvania: The most boring of all fifty states. Hooray!!
: 101
Intern_485  (10)
Oddworld Majic

I have to agree with Majic. The OIPT was fine until it was made into a sub-forum. Now, it's just garbage. It also seems like an ego trip for Kaimana. And putting your "titles" and whatnot at the end of your messages is stupid and just plain juvenile. Being a MOD on this forums isn't some high honor like ruling a country or something. Kaimana, about doing what's "right," the road to ruin is paved with good intentions.

"Should we awake, and find it gone, remember this, our favorite town."

"I don't have to prove that I am creative."

Thanks for the memories

09-23-2002, 02:33 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

The OIPT never existed until it became a sub-forum. And if you think it's an ego trip, you are very wrong. You remind me of Dave always judging before you really know the facts. I need not explain it to you seeing how you don't even go to the OIPT Forum. Also there is no longer a filth of importants in the OIPT Forum if you mind to take a look. And I wish you all would stop with this "we are going the wrong way" thing, and "the forums are going down hill" Becuase it is obvious these are words of few. The Majority seems to be fine you if care to look around. Yes I have my own forum. So what? It's not like I just got it from nothing, probably because I worked at it, and deserved it. I need not be critisized of my work, from people who dont know me, dont know my team, and dont even participate in the OIPT. Please for whatever reason my Forum seems to bring false comments into this thread, should stop. And doing whats right, was never gone without honesty, and honor. You think this forums will end. I can assure you it will not.

-Kai

Last edited by Kaimana; 09-23-2002 at 06:35 AM..
09-23-2002, 04:12 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

I agree with the names at the end of the post thing...

Kai, if you haven't noticed the only ones who haven't said anything about the forums are the ones staying clear and/or too young to understand. Aside from a few. I also get the impression that you try not to hurt peoples feelings and are too nice. Please stop.

Khanz, why should people leave? Its the MODs who have the problem, their attitude. Not us. We're merely being assertive.

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-23-2002, 05:25 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

Intern please point out the exact Mods your trying to talk about, as I said before you are generalizing it making it look like all of the mods are bad, when you say it like you are doing. And Kai and Majic please settle down, I mean really talk about this on MSN and dont keep posting in here if its going to be a flame up between you two, even when Im feeling bad and mad at some one I dont just keep posting about it and I dont post it here, be mature and civilized, and try and discuss this on Oddchat or wherever else, to atleast not have people questioning your leadership abilities, and/or give them a different impression then you two really are like. Please understand I say this as a true friend, and fellow member, to take this as the old saying goes, outside, and not in front of everyone. Thank you.

-Al the Vykker
09-23-2002, 06:47 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Originally posted by Alcar
[B]The reason I deleted those posts made by Gluk Schmuck and the others there after his were:

a) He posted three time in a row
He had to - you removed his Edit Function! How many times do we have to say this?

:
b) They had nothing to do with the topic
He was objecting to censorship in a topic that, coincidentally, was about censorship. Well, I can't see any link there, can you?

[quoteThen the new topic, "Thought Police?" was made.[/quote]By me. And then deleted by you. For no good reason.
09-23-2002, 06:55 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)

[This double-post wouldn't be here if I was able to edit. You have nobody to blame but yourselves...]

:
Originally posted by TheKhanzumer
I think these forums are fine and if you don't like them leave. Period. Don't spoil it for the rest of us.
So much for a "Member-oriented" board, then...

:
Kaimana:
The OIPT never existed until it became a sub-forum.
Then what were all those "Ultimate Oddworld Creatures" topics in General Discussion?

:
The Majority seems to be fine you if care to look around.
That's because the majority is about 8, and is only interested in seeing topics like "What colour should Abe's nose be?"...

I think the "Important" sticky function is being overused. In what way are the normal topics in the other forums any less important than the ones you make "Important" in yours, Kai? It implies that you don't expect people to read topics unless they are at the top, so what does that make the normal topics?
09-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Intern_485
Fuzzle

Intern_485  (10)
Happy Danny

Danny is absolutely correct. I agree with everything he said 100% Do I need to mention that he is a seasoned member of the forum?

Thanks for the memories

09-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I respect both forums, and both groups, for example I registered at the TGA, not to leave OWF, because I am still quite happy here an will not be leaving anytime soon, but also to talk to a lot of the old members that I used to always talk to last year, and get involved in the discussions, I am happy to be though registered at both Forums, that way I can still talk to all my friends and fellow members here and be involved just as much as before, and also be involved on TGA with some of my other friends, who unfortunately had to depart due to the happenings last month. In my opinion the more people you can be friends with and get the chance to meet the better off you are. Friends here friends there.

-Al the Vykker

Last edited by Al the Vykker; 09-23-2002 at 12:41 PM..
09-23-2002, 09:20 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
MOD ABUSE

What I ment is that the moderators are the ones who run the forums... if they are offended by something they have a right to stop it. I grow tired of people always complaining. It is annoying.

But I also agree that some of the new mod's are... trying to hard to make everything happy. Just leave things the way they are. Don't start problems and if someone else is then give them three warnings before banning them.

And remember, if a rogue mod ever rises up and people complain the other mod's can demote them.

And Kai, I know you don't mean to be, but you have been on a power trip. Yes I think that the OIPT having it's own forum is a good idea (it gets to cluttered with the General Discussion) but you have done and said some things which have some of your friends slightly worried.

Look, is that your ego showing? I think some others can see it too.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

09-23-2002, 09:21 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I also agree with Danny, it may be due to the fact he was dead on with the 'What colour Abes nose should be?' topic. Cos that, that is so unbelievably true...

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-23-2002, 09:35 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

I love Danny's posts here, I truly do. I agree with them.

Alcar, Abe babe, whoever reads this first, give the other members back their edit features. And "Thought Police" was deleted? Bull.

Kai, you are on power trip. Wether its big or small, you have it. I still remember several quotes from you where you became very worked up over what might hapen to OOWS. "I've been a mod longer than you two (me and Al)" and "I've done much more in a shorter time". *giggles* I'm sorry, but its just funny to say out loud.

Also, there was a comment about the happy feel. Seriously, people act how they want. But anyways, this is just a forum. Its forum, people can aprticipate where its happy if they want, but don't make it unavoidable.
09-23-2002, 10:45 PM
MojoMan220
Outlaw Mortar

: Jan 2002
: Jesusland
: 1,770
MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)MojoMan220  (235)

I think the rules should just go back to how they were before the whole falling out with the admins. The censoring and deleting/closing of threads that are just about members voicing there opinions on certain big matters that should be talked about must be lowered. I don't see why such a big change has to take place just because a change in the sites managment. Some change is good... too much is bad.
09-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

Let me say this. I could not resist but to answer your questions as it seems that alot is questioned here. Okay, my teams forum(the OIPT) has been cleared of its horrible stickies. Next, I really dont mean to be on a power trip, but that really is your opinion. About being nice, and kind, sorry Jacob can't help it, I have some really nice friends here that I know are just trying to point out some mistakes I have done. I really have no reason to be mad at them. But tell me why do I give off the impression of being on a power trip?

09-24-2002, 01:05 AM
Majic
Ascended Being

Read this post with a happy attitude. Its not meant as yelling.

Sometimes our opinions are overlooked. I didn't think some of our super-expanding and super high count team was necessary. I didn't think we needed a full fledged forum. Sometimes you hold yourself in higher account. Sometimes you get arrogant with things *coughs at quotes I put*, and you did the sig thing (I seriously don't like those). plus you did some like, major stuff disorganization in the OIPT forum (which is now clear, which you rub in) and you tend to create, close then move topics, such as the ones awarding members. Keep that respect going
09-24-2002, 03:02 AM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

I just want to announce that I and Majic have ended our argument on a good note. But I dont know why I am telling you this. Um, no I am not on a power trip, I have made some mistakes in the OIPT Development. Other then that I will admit I did make errors, but at no point abused my power. So those errors will be corrected. Also the OIPT is doing good. Once the next Oddworld game comes we will have more people joining, the UOC will be back, and Oddworld will come back as a priority for some, as we have to admit thats what this forum is about, and based on. Sometimes I think I forget this, and alot of the others do too. Lets try to find a way to help eachother, and first help our selfs, and find out what we can do. Hard times now sure, but we have to learn to just keep positive and move on. I hope I am making some sense here.

09-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
Kai's signature:
I live far away from her, she lives far away from me. That never stoped love from reaching us.......~Kai~
If this is a referrence to your girlfriend, then, you do know she's having an affair, right?

09-24-2002, 10:41 AM
Intern_485
Fuzzle

Intern_485  (10)
Sad My, What a Suprise!

My MODs abusing their power thread has been deleted. Is there anyone here who didn't see that coming? The new MODs here are all losers and are nothing near as good a staff member as Sydney was. I'm leaving this forum after saying a few choice words to some of the people that acted like fools.

Alcar: You have somehow developed this obsession with power that is very disgusting.

Kaimana: Your ego has run ridiculously wild and the OIPT is a load of garbage. I've been there and seen it myself. I thought you were nice but your betrayal (no matter how small the scale) of Sydney has proven you to be nothing but a loser as well.

Disgruntled Intern: I don't know what they were smoking when they gave you the job of moderator.

Pilot: You are a tremendous loser. Pretty proud of your immense power and influence on this forum, aren't you? Give me a break...

Jacob: We had our differences. At least we ended up agreeing on something

Majic_Abe and Al the Vykker: You are the only two MODs left who even care about the quality of the forums.

I don't see how this forum can survive. It's become a complete load of crap. The deletion of my MODs abusing power thread is a perfect example.

Thanks for the memories

09-24-2002, 10:54 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)
Re: My, What a Suprise!

:
Originally posted by Intern_485
My MODs abusing their power thread has been deleted. Is there anyone here who didn't see that coming? The new MODs here are all losers and are nothing near as good a staff member as Sydney was. I'm leaving this forum after saying a few choice words to some of the people that acted like fools.

Alcar: You have somehow developed this obsession with power that is very disgusting.

Kaimana: Your ego has run ridiculously wild and the OIPT is a load of garbage. I've been there and seen it myself. I thought you were nice but your betrayal (no matter how small the scale) of Sydney has proven you to be nothing but a loser as well.

Disgruntled Intern: I don't know what they were smoking when they gave you the job of moderator.

Pilot: You are a tremendous loser. Pretty proud of your immense power and influence on this forum, aren't you? Give me a break...

Jacob: We had our differences. At least we ended up agreeing on something

Majic_Abe and Al the Vykker: You are the only two MODs left who even care about the quality of the forums.

I don't see how this forum can survive. It's become a complete load of crap. The deletion of my MODs abusing power thread is a perfect example.
*sigh* Bye.

Your topic was not closed, simply moved to the appropriate forum.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

09-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Mac the Janitor
Outlaw Semi Auto

: naked
: 2,444
Mac the Janitor  (14)

Oo, he majorly dissed you there...
09-24-2002, 12:23 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

I know, i was wondering what he was going to say about me, and it was nice. But wow...he has the potential to be a He-Bitch. Many of the things were true though...

09-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Kaimana
Former OIPT CEO

Kaimana  (11)

At least someone noticed my Sig Wow Intern 485 you really are mad at me. Why did you bring Syd into this, is that why you find it appropriate to argue with me. Ah well so be it. But it was no power trip my friend. if you want to know what I did with my power I will tell you now. I made OIPT stickies, I changed thread Icons, I closed some stickies, I moved dead topics, and I merged two threads. Thats what I did with my power as Mod. So now that you see this, I am still a loser. Well let me tell you, I respect you to come in here and state what you think. And if you don't think I care about the quality of the Forums, then take a look around you. I care just as much as anyone else around here, and my friends can tell you that.

09-24-2002, 06:45 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

:
Intern:
Do I need to mention that he is a seasoned member of the forum?
So that makes his opinion more valid than anyone else's?

Good Riddance, Intern. A thought on everyone... how nice.

I hope (wherever you are at the moment) you quite being such a jerk. Bringing up the subject of mods abusing power was good, but pardon me if I don't swallow every bit of opinion you spew from your head. I doubt the people you dissed care very much, either. Oh, I will be losing sleep over your absence, all-mighty savior of the forums.

I really haven't been very pleased (OK, I hated it) with OWF's staus lately, but the forums are moving into a recovery of sorts... Alcar has somewhat lessened his grip upon the forums. The mods (plural this time, not singular) also seem to be taking a more active role in the forum's well-being. This is good. OWF is going to make it... but it will take something from everyone to make it work. Of course, these or just my opinions, and are no more valid than Intern's...

Last edited by SeaRex; 09-24-2002 at 10:52 AM..
09-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Rex, many of the things he said danced around the truth...

09-24-2002, 08:45 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)
Re: My, What a Suprise!

:
Originally posted by Intern_485
I think you write Dave off too hastily. Dave has been one of my best online friends, and I kind of miss him... You have obviously got a bad first impression of each other...