Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

11-21-2007, 04:52 AM
glitch taimer
Bolamite

: Jun 2007
: Over there
: 65
glitch taimer  (10)

If nobody has a problem with it, I believe I shall join.

Name: Palms

Species: Slig

Alliance: Land Muggers

Physical Description: Palms stands roughly an inch higher to the average slig. He has a lean, slighly muscular body, and sickley grey skin. The very tips of his tentacles are crimson red.

Equipment: Standard mask, rusty pants, half-destroyed gun

Biography: Palms was born and trained in a slig barraks not for from the barraks here. When he was born, he was born with a mutation the deformed the coloring of his skin. Luckely, Palms was still able to be trained in the barraks with only one difference. He had to pay extra because of his mutated skin. Most sligs in the barraks reffered to it as his "Freak License." Palms was also born with something else different. He was incredibly stuborn. If a higher ranking slig ordered a action Palms thought was unnecicary, he would argue back. No matter how many beatings, it never stop. Eventually, Palms made it threw his rough training in the slig barraks, and got his first job working as a security guard for a small company. One dark day in Palms' past, he got into an arguement with the leading glukkon. Things got out of control very fast. Before long, Palms drew his gun and shot the glukkon, dead. He was arrested on the spot, and sentenced to death. Three days before his exictution, word came that there was a barraks opening, and a war to be fought. Why wast Palms life? Why not have him die doing something useful? Palms' death sentence was dropped imediatly, and he was on his way to the new barraks. The only things that were given to him were some destroyed, useless equipment. It was free.

D&D Alignment: Chaotic Evil

I hope this is fine, if you need me to fix anything, I will.
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Slig 7665
Howler Punk

: May 2007
: Wales
: 335
Slig 7665  (11)

IC: Altair walked toward the cheif "what shall I do he asked hopeing to be of some use"

Denger heared a Slig (Hobar) calling him "Hmmmmm I'm not sure he called back"

Thankyou Carnix for the sig

11-21-2007, 09:40 AM
General Dikrip
Stunk

: Jul 2006
: England
: 35
General Dikrip  (10)

Outside the Mirakin Fortress
Folkost finally made it to the fortress(he had hurried after the spooce shot) and looked up at the green light. "These guys might help me," he whispered.

The Slig Barracks
Charleston stepped outside and gulped the fresh air. "Beats the smell of rotting flesh," he muttered. He turned to see a slig (#034) walking along. Lucky, Charleston thought. Charleston continued his journey outside until he finally went back indoors and heade to the Medical Pavillion again. On his way he noticed Colonel Veleno, but didn't bother him as he knew by his face he was in a temper.

11-21-2007, 11:23 AM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

IC:

'I'm not little!' moaned the 16 year-old Grib.
'Shut up!' barked Haddock, 'You're little and immature'
'Okay I'll go to the stables,' said Haddock to Muren

When Haddock arived the stables were empty he teid his elum up in the far corner then he went looking for Grib.
11-21-2007, 07:05 PM
glitch taimer
Bolamite

glitch taimer  (10)

IC:
A horrible odor overwhelmed Palms as he slowly opened his eyes and stirred into conciousness. He glanced around at the massed corpses. Was the battle over? How long had he been unconcious? The last thing Palms remembered, his trigger broke off and a mudoken had come at him with a big club. Suddenly a jolt of pain came from the top of his skull. The pain ran threw his spine. He tried to feel it and estimate the damage, but the pain was to severe to probe it with his hand. Already the pain was begining to become to much to bare. The outer circle of his vison began to darken. Palms knew he needed medical attention immediatly if he was going to survive. Slowly, he pulled himself to standing posistion. His pants still worked. That was a plus. Slowly Palms walked towards a newely resurected barracks. It wasn't there before, and he didn't even know who owned it. All he cared about was the chance he could recieve medical treatment there. The instinct of survival was the only thing that kept Palms pressing on towards the barracks. He soon reached a small pavillion. By the smell of rot that came from it, he assumed it was some sort of medical facility. Palms stumbled in clumsely and collapsed in an exhausted heap.
"Treatment, I need treatment," was all he managed to say. Weariness enveloped him, though he remained concious.
11-22-2007, 08:15 AM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

: Oct 2006
: Scotland, Aberdeen
: 1,041
Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

OOC: Srry for takign my own sweet time...I like cheese. Glitch taimer, I think there was a no freaks of nature allowed rule, I think that might apply to your differently skinned slig.

IC
(Outside in the Barracks)
Fromage looked up, his mechanical knees shaking and knocking together in clanks as the big boss Veleno spoke. He had another slig near him (#034). A valet, possibly?
“In future, you might want to keep your hysterical fear to yourself.” The glukkon had said. Shivering, he shakily raised his plastic arm, saluted, unable to move a digit on it (it was plastic, afterall) and scattered off. He giggled excitedly at having spoken to someone of big importance.

(Native place)
Egamorf wandered around. The searing sun had beaten him. he growled, and bumped into Muren. He looked to be some kind of tribal cheif boss. He smiled sheepishy and asked "What can I do around here?".
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

Last edited by Zozo the Zrilufet; 11-22-2007 at 08:33 AM..
11-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Marvak
Bola Blast

: Inside your head.
: 439
Marvak  (12)

Different colour skin is allowed, just any sort of special powers or anything of the sort isn't. As in a Grubb with super strength or an Intern who can fly, rofl.

11-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Zelda--Fan
Fuzzle

: The Media Dimension
: 116
Zelda--Fan  (10)

:
Different colour skin is allowed, just any sort of special powers or anything of the sort isn't. As in a Grubb with super strength or an Intern who can fly, rofl.
does that mean my character cant cast spells or summon things while chanting?
11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Only somewhat 'normal' things within Oddworldian limits, such as possession, Big Bros on steroids, etc...
Though even with things like this, you must remain sensible about it.
11-26-2007, 12:52 AM
moxco
Zappfly

: Dec 2006
: Earth
: 2,794
moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)moxco  (2195)

Yeah, don't make a mud that can cast lightning which could blow up the whole barracks with one shot.
11-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Marvak
Bola Blast

Marvak  (12)

IC:
The Fortress
Muren chuckled a little on the inside as he watched the two new Mudokons walk away. Then he heard another voice behind him.
"What shall I do?" a shady-looking Mudokon asked him. Muren thought a while, and as he was about to answer when yet another Mudokon walked into him, literally.
"Careful there, Little One. You could bump into just about any Mud, Slig or Scrab around here." He said with a feigned smile, stepping back a bit. "You two might be able to help with Guard Duty. Climb to the top of a tree in the Fortress, and you'll be able to see the entire valley."

The Barracks
Colonel Veleno rolled his eyes at the giggling young Slig and sneered. 'How he managed to survive the Creche is beyond me...' he thought to himself. Just as he was about to turn and head back into his quarters, something disturbing caught his eye.
A Slig, tall, thin and a sickly mutated colour, was hobbling towards the Medical Tent. Veleno voiced his disgust loudly.
"Eurgh! #034, help that Grey-Boy into the tent. He needs some... serious medicine." He wasn't referring to his injuries.
Turning at once, he shuffled back to his quarters. He decided he would wait there till more infantry arrived.

Last edited by Marvak; 11-26-2007 at 03:28 AM..
11-26-2007, 05:26 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

: Oct 2007
: Denmark
: 2,190
Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Ic: Hobar heard a glukkon's voice saying something. He then saw a glimse of a grey-coloured slig limp into the medical hut. Trying to remember what the glukkon had said he remembered that he had said something about #34 helping the slig in. Whoever #34 was he didn't see anything helping the slig. On Veleno's orders, Hobar walked over to help the mutant-like slig. Stumel watched and scurried into Veleno's tent and asked "How may I be of assistance to your army?" Stumel was hoping he would get the chance to charge straight into the fortress. Then he would be able to rid this valley of mudokon scum.
Occ: Is it okay if I call #034 #34? Because there isn't much difference.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

11-26-2007, 10:22 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

: Jul 2007
: Location Location
: 595
alf's brother's mate  (132)alf's brother's mate  (132)

Hello chums and chumesses (i do not want to be adjoined with your sig any more, zozo)
After thinking long and hard (7 seconds) i have decided to join this RPG, hoping that i will be able to keep up with it, and compete to an avarage standard.
I have designed 2 characters, the same dude only slightly different at points. Please let me know of any problems, as i do not understand all the 10 scouts to a guard etc. or whatever it is.
The shaman is the one i'd like to use, but if i am not allowed (as there are all ready too many) etc. please tell me!

Name: Pere

Species : Mudokon

Alliance Tree Hugger

Physical Description: Strong for a mudokon of his age, and has a powerful heart which can guide him at times of superior need. A large paramite skin loin cloth draped across his torso and abdomen, revealing a scrab scar punctured into his rib cage. His Father, also Pere had a similar one.

Equipment : A long staff with ancient markings at it's tip / a brutal club with congealed blood along it's rim.

Biography : Found in a large abandoned factory were his father had once worked, he was brought to his father's birhtplace, which happened to be this village. taught the ways of battle / magic at an early age, and progressed at arapid rate. He is a valuble part of the mudokon fortress, his magic / battle skills proving worthfull time and time again.

Hope all is good
11-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Slig 7665
Howler Punk

Slig 7665  (11)

IC: "Ok" Altair replyed to Muren Altair walked towards one of the trees no problem he thought he climed up the tree to the highist branch possible and took a look around.

11-28-2007, 09:14 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

OOC:
Does anybody have a problem with my Shaman?
I will get started.

IC:
Pere Strode slowly from his tent and streched his arms in the sunlight creeping down past a nearby hut. He reached back and pulled up his staff. Stretching again, he wandered off into the camp in search of anybody in need of help.
11-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

OOC: Eh, might as well stop being lazy and post. I suppose I could remove ABM from the sig if he wants.

IC
(Mudokon Fortress)
Egamorf smiled sheepishly up at the big boss (Muren).
"Careful there, Little One." He spoke. "You could bump into just about any Mud, Slig or Scrab around here." He said with a feigned smile, stepping back a bit. "You two might be able to help with Guard Duty. Climb to the top of a tree in the Fortress, and you'll be able to see the entire valley." Egamorf's eyes widened. He was a screaming coward, both morally and in terms of braveness. He smiled fakely and backed away.
"I'll think about it..." He lied, before bolting off. Back to sleeping for him, the lazy bugger.

(Industrial Fortress)
Fromage just skipped off like a girly-girl, oblivious to the glukkon's (Veleno) snipy thoughts. He tuuted as he heard the glukkon go all 'eww' over some guy, and turned around with a gasp. That slig (Palms) was in a nasty state. He girl-screamed and darted over to help the mutant, making a desperate attempt to help him walk. Not easy when one of your arms was plastic.
I am a man. Do not call me otherwise, or you are doing it wrong. Times correctly guessed as a man: Patrick: 1, Mitsur: 1, Daxter king: 1, OANST: More than once, Nemo: 1, alf's brother's mate: 1, Nate: 1, Anonyman!: 1. The assumption everyone is male probably comes from the fact 90% of characters in Oddworld are male. The editpenis<a href=http://www.oddworldforums.net/signaturepics/sigpic4236_3.gif target=_blank>http://www.oddworldforums.net/signat...gpic4236_3.gif</a>

Last edited by Zozo the Zrilufet; 11-28-2007 at 09:54 AM..
11-28-2007, 10:41 AM
General Dikrip
Stunk

General Dikrip  (10)

Charleston sat in is chair at the Medical Tent/Pavillion. The odour coming from a rotting slig was unbearable, so he picked up the corpse and dropped it in a small tank of sulphuric acid. Then, once again, he sat in his chair. Suddenly he heared someone entering the building. Charleston thought to himself, more injured what could be the cause of this one.

Folkost got to the front of the fortress and saw more mudokons, seemingly from the battle. Folkost walked through to the fortress and nearly fell over when a mudokon raced by him and began to climb a tree. "Hope they're all not this rude," he said quietly.

11-28-2007, 11:08 AM
glitch taimer
Bolamite

glitch taimer  (10)

OOC: For those who didn't know, Palms isn't standing any more. He fell over near the end of my last post.

IC: Palms lay on the dirty floor of the medical tent. His sides heaved with the effort to breath. A glukkon had looked down at him and discuss before he turned an left. Palms would have liked to punch the glukkon in the face, but he was far to weak now. A slig (Hobar) approached him soon; he looked as if he may offer some help. Then a shrill piercing scream made Palms ears ring. Another slig(Fromage) was darting towards him, a odd arm dangling at his side. Palms wished to beat the slig over the head with something. That would really give him somethign to scream about.
11-28-2007, 11:33 AM
Slig 7665
Howler Punk

Slig 7665  (11)

Ic: "Oh sorry about that" Altair said to a mudokon on the ground (Folkost) "guard duty this tree is a great view point" he then began to look around some more.

Denger walked into the Barracks he took one of his rations out of his bandoiler and began to eat it.

11-29-2007, 05:39 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)Oddey  (994)

Ic: Hobar went closer to the lying slig (Palms). It was apperent that he needed serious treatment. Trying to pick him up he lifted him a little above the ground and walked over to the vykker (Charlesten)"Give him some treatment" Hobar said "And if you can, maybe you can set his skin colour back to normal. Veleno seems to dislike his skin." 'It must be terrible to be a mutant. Everyone would want to kill you. And when they did they would burn your corpse probrably.' He though glumly. He noticed another slig (Fromage) who had just screamed. One of his arm's seemed a little different but he couldn't tell why. "Hope that guy gets better. I'm Hobar. So you are?" He asked the slig.
Occ: ABM I think Marvak would have a problem with your mudokon being a shaman. Because in the rules it says something about a value thingy. I'm not entirely sure. But there is no problem at all with him being a tomohawker I think. I don't have anything against your charactor though. So don't take this the wrong way.

:
Congratulations, Oddey, on winning FC's fanfiction competition two years running! You are clearly the man to beat!

11-29-2007, 07:19 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

OOC:
Okay thanks oddey. And no Zozo i am proud to be part of your sig.
Sorry for the ridiculously short post any one who has a problem with it.
11-30-2007, 11:13 AM
General Dikrip
Stunk

General Dikrip  (10)

Charleston lifted Palms onto an operating table and grapped a scalpel. He turned the slig over and began cutting into the odd skin of the wounded slig. After a few minutes the spine was visible, so he snapped it back into place-ignoring the murmer of pain- and stitched up the opening. Charleston mopped up the blood with a dirty rag and flipped Palms back. "That should do you," he said as the slig murmered, "Rest will be the best now." Charleston gave the slig a sleeping pill and looked around his other patients. After being satisfied, he sat down and started to read a book (A Tale Of Two Vykkers).

Folkost shouted back to the mud, "It's ok." Well at least he apologised he thought, as he stood back up. Folkost gazed up at the green light and remembered his mission. "I will vanquish you industrialists or I will die trying."

OOC: Urghh i'm an idiot and sorry about the god modding.

Last edited by General Dikrip; 12-01-2007 at 10:52 AM..
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
glitch taimer
Bolamite

glitch taimer  (10)

OOC: Sligs don't have legs. Also, General Dikrip, the fact that you made my character moan in pain is a type of god modding I think. I don't have a problem with this because he probably would have moaned anyways, but others may in the future. Please don't take this the wrong way.

IC: Palms felt himself being lifted and carried to an operating table. A vykker with scalpel loomed over him. He felt the vykker saw into his back and heard a snap. Groaning in agony, Palms tried to stay concious. He felt a pill enter his mouth and he swallowed it out of reflex. The vykker said something, but it seemed to come out in a jumbled mess. As Palms vision became more and more unfocused, he began to look around. The last thing he saw was the same vykker reading a book before a forced sleep overtook him.
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Marvak
Bola Blast

Marvak  (12)

OOC: I've no problem for Pere being a Shaman, but this means that we can't have any more Shamans, not for a long while at the very least. And yes you may call #034 by #34.

IC:
The Fortress
Muren raised his eyebrows at the young Mudokon as he scampered off. Was he afraid of heights?
Looking out onto the valley, he could see some more Mudokons slowly making their way to the Fortress gates. He sighed in gratitude and looked up at the giant geen light he had casted, which was now hovering above the Fortress like a great fizzing green moon.

The Barracks
#034 panted back to where he'd last heard his master's voice. But the Colonel was nowhere in sight, and neither was the "Grey-boy". #034's eyes widened in horror behind his mask and he fell to his knees, wailing, 'I've failed you, master! I'm sorry!'

OOC: #034 reminds me of N. Gin. Seriously.

IC:
Veleno spun round when he saw another Slig enter his quarters uninvited, with an enraged look on his face. He was about to go off at the Slig for just rocking up without any notice when the Slig bolted off again. Walking outside, he looked around.
'#034!' He shouted, and the wailing Slig lept up again. 'Stand here and guard the door. Odd damnit, if another Slig comes in without a damn good reason I'll bite their bloody head off...'

12-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

OOC: Uhhh, srry General Dikrip sir, but I think snaping someone's spine in anyway is likely to just screw them up for life by getting them paralysed...Yay sig, it contains seven people.

IC
(Industrial Fortress)
Fromage was worried sick, breathing fast like a chippunk with asthma. As he followed, another slig (Hobar) carried the poor soul (Palms) off to a medical facility. There the casualty was attended to by a vykker (Charlesten)...After a gory 'operation' lacking in anaesthetic, the patient was given pills. Fromage gasped like a girl, swooned to the nearby slig that had spoken to him (Hobar) and missed as he fainted, hitting the floor and having his plastic arm pop off.

(Native Fortress)
Egamorf bolted out of there. He didn't want to work. he was running away, just...Merely exploring. What was out of the Fortress...? He had been there before. Just dull desert and outdoors. He could still remember where he was a slave...Another place stood tall in the distance...Indstrialists? he dared to go and have a look, curiosity and lack of common sense overpowering fear. It would take him a while, though.

Last edited by Zozo the Zrilufet; 12-04-2007 at 04:57 AM..
12-04-2007, 05:02 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

IC: Hobar saw that the slig had fainted and his arm had fallen off. "Vykker! Another one's injured!" He cried at the top of his voice and dragged the slig (Fromage) into the medical hut where he lifted him up and put him on top of the surgery table. Then he rushed out grabbed the plastic arm. It was only when he was halfway into the medical hut that he felt that the arm was made of plastic. But he didn't stop running. He set the arm next to the slig. Then he looked around the smelly hut in search of the vykker (Charleston). He found him sitting down reading a book. "This slig just lost his umm... Plastic arm..." He said rather stupidly. It was just a plastic arm so no serious harm had been done.

Stumel was cleaning some of the wall when he heard a bunch of commotion around the medical hut. Pausing in his work, he walked across the fortress to find that there were 2 sligs unconsious inside the medical hut. One with a rather sickening shade of grey the other without an arm. Then he saw that the slig whom he had met earlier (Hobar) was inside as well. A vykker who was reading a book was sitting in a chair not too far from Hobar. Wondering why he had even gone in there he walked out and took a good look around the fortress. After spieing the private quarters belonging to the boss, he walked over to find there was a guard. Quite calmly he asked "Is there anything I can do to be of some use?".
OOC: Fromage is (no offence Zozo) kind of wimpy. All the better though. That way we don't have too many tough guys.

:

Last edited by Oddey; 12-04-2007 at 05:49 AM..
12-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Zozo the Zrilufet
Outlaw Cutter

Zozo the Zrilufet  (34)

:
OOC: Fromage is (no offence Zozo) kind of wimpy. All the better though. That way we don't have too many tough guys.
Its okay, in fact, appreaciated, he's supposed to be kinda girly and peculiar 8D.

:
"Vykker! Another one's injured!" He cried at the top of his voice and dragged the slig (Fromage) into the medical hut where he lifted her up and put her on top of the surgery table.
Wait a second...

12-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Oddey
Outlaw Bomber

:
Wait a second...
Oops.... I've edited it out. It's just he seems alot like a girl and I'm quite forgetfull.

:

12-04-2007, 08:29 AM
alf's brother's mate
Riot Slug

OOC:
Thanks Marvak. I'll behave

IC:
Pere looked across the camp and saw a mud suddenly sprinting at a chaotic pace outwards towards the exit (egamorf) and strode over to him.
" hey there youngern - careful. " Said Pere calmly. He looked deep into the mudokon's head in an attempt to see what he was thinking.
" noting beyond there. far away are the sligs. " He said vaugley pointing in their direction.
He gazed far away, and as he did so his memorys bounced across his brain of when he was young, and for a moment he was simply stood there, gazing forever onwards.
12-05-2007, 11:08 AM
General Dikrip
Stunk

General Dikrip  (10)

Charleston went over to the one armed slig (Fromage). He sewed on the plastic arm first, just to hold it together, and went over to his equipment table. Charleston removed a particularily sharp scalpel and got to work. Soon he had managed to connect the arm back into the socket, with a little extra protection to prevent it happening again. "Why in the world would he have a plastic arm?" Charleston thought, "Usually they just let them die." Once again he sat down in his chair and continued reading his book.

Last edited by General Dikrip; 12-05-2007 at 11:16 AM..