10-26-2006, 02:33 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

IC: Gillik replied,
"yes, we'll need to get her to the emergency room. Want to come along? It's a bit dangerous out her you know. I'll take you back in my pod."

-=-=-=-=-=-

Angela saw that the orb was asking questions which she could answer, although it would involve confessing.

"The Sligs and Glukkons are here because of the mine. It contains explosive chemicals that they wish to mine and sell. That is why they drove all of us out. Now, do you wish to side with us or with the Glukkons?"

10-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: Shryke was pleased to here that the Vykker seemed to have sided with them. But Shryke heard about the explosive chemicals "Hmmm...explosive? Maybe we can use these chemicals against our Slig pioneers" he thought, as they waited for the orb to reply.

Griff thought, and replyed "How long would it take you to get here? It may be quicker to take her to a nearby area. As for danger round here, why do I have this?" as he whipped out his powerful bow. "I pack a mean punch too, if any Paramites get in the way. So, is there somewhere I can take her, or meet you?"

OOC: K, so the Sligs etc. are here for the ore and explosive chemicals which they chanced upon too.
10-27-2006, 03:17 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Actually, the main reason that Gillik is here is so he can sell the explosive chemicals. That was in the very first post of this topic. The whole thing about the lumber and steel was part of your imagination. One point to Perry!

IC: Kolca's brother seemed please, but continued on with a more silent sound, being that Fleeches were starting to sense him. "That is nice. Now we will continue. What transfered you, like a ship? If so, were there anyone else onboard? Can you tell us where that ship currently is? And where is the main base?"

10-27-2006, 03:51 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

That was an abrupt question. The Vykker was asking Ghost to pick sides now. And he only expected a cave full of fleeches!

He didn't like that one bit. Ghost did not take sides. It just wasn't something he did. He was objective about everything, then used his inbiases knowledge to his advantage.
But then, he thought, you don't normally make your presence felt in the world, now do you?
Why did he come here again? Ghost couldn't remember. Something sinister was going on, and he suspected it was alot more important than sligs and explosive ore.
The creatures were staring at him.
"Okay!" he replied. His eye lense twinkled with agitation. "I'll join with you." For now.

Last edited by Bullet Magnet; 10-28-2006 at 03:54 AM..
10-27-2006, 06:33 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

:
Wait, Shredder can speak industrial!? If not, just say Shryke pretty much translated it.
OOC: I thought that ghost could translate languages. But if he can't, then Shryke did it then.

No IC:, too bizzy today.

w00t?

10-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Oh, can ghost translate? *shrugs* Anyway...

IC: Shryke was pleased that they had (presumably) acquired another force to their bandwagon. Well, for now, they were all waiting in this cave, needing more information to act. Looks like this Ghost was up. "Right, well, since we're all pretty much sitting slurgs here, maybe you could fly out to the Sligs and see what they're doing now? And what kind of progress they're making towards here...?"

--

Sklitch answered the Fleeches again "Well, we were carried in a fleet of a few, massive ships and deposited a few miles away from the Fleech mines. In which direction I don't know. This was quite a long time ago, because we still needed all this time excavate some underground fortresses, sleeping quarters, and the like as they weren't on the ship (hence what Shryke and Slurp found, the secret, fake tree stump). The ship may have left, probably. But anyway, the main base is a few miles...West of the mines, I think. Roughly. I'm not sure"
10-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Kolca's brother didn't seem very pleased with the answers Sklitch gave, but continued to question, "Thank you. However, I have a few more (questions). Do you Slogs have a (specific) area where you guys rest? And can direct us to one of the bases?"

10-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: "There's a small Slog Hut area above ground, in the main base. We got around from there using underground routes (as before) and 'temporary' smaller dens underground nearer to more important areas where we would be needed. As for directing anyone there, I dunno, wouldn't that be dangerous? If not for you, it's not like I had the best reputation in the first place...but then again, I don't think they know where I am. I reckon I could fake my way around back to normal, then use another mission to 'get lost'.
10-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Kolca's brother continued in his pleased voice, "Can you lead us there, like, within a while? We have Fleeches that can (regonize and memorize) the direction they are going, but we need you to lead the way. The queen plans a little (revenge) in the future."

Kolca tried to find any meaning to what the two were saying, but she found it impossible to understand them. A Fleech nearby screeched, "Can you understand them, Kolca?"

Kolca grimaced and replied softily, "I have no idea." Hopefully, her brother can tell her later.

10-28-2006, 01:45 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: "Okay, I reckons I can lead the way. I reckon we could pick up some good info from Sligs too. Maybe Shryke should help...?"
10-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Kolca's brother tried to not show any annoyed signs on his half-face from just hearing Shryke's name and replied, "I'm fine with you leading the way, but (Shryke) must not know of this. He far too tired today, from today's events. It is better that he didn't know, so he won't get (stressed) out. Besides, there will be enough of us it (support) ourselves." He tied his tounge in pure hope that Sklitch would come without Shryke, since it would ruin their plan.

OOC: It is almost Slurp time....

10-29-2006, 05:54 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

OOC: Gillik actually plans to take everyone back to base.

Angela was still a bit suspicious. All her psychology didn't help against something with no face and a fuzzed voice. She had no idea what he was up to! She hated not being able to tell what somebody was thinking. She said to the orb,

"Okay, we'll accept that you're telling the truth. But if you betray us, we will blow that pitiful orb to bits and leave you stuck for however long it takes you to make another one."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Gillik shrugged(or whatever the glukkon equivalent is) and got back in his pod. He picked up the now-stable Sindera and stored her in the cargo bay, then flew back to his ship. He hooked her up to some oxygen and other life-support, then sat down next to her.

"So. Tell me everything that's happened since we lost contact," he said.

10-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC Sklitch: "Shryke must be pretty tired today, I suppose it can't do any harm, can it? So! When are we leaving?"

OOC: What happened to Griff then? And the Mudokons who were with Sindera?
10-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

OOC: That's interesting. How does Angela know so much about Ghost and what he is?

IC: Oh, so they're threatening me now? Ghost was both irritated and amused by this Vykker's outburst.
"Whatever, fourarms." He turned to the bizzare creature beside it. He preferred speaking to this thing than the Vykker. Besides, the more images of it he got, the more likely he was to find out what it was. "What can be done around here then? I'll see if I can lend a hand. So to speak."

10-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: I presume Angela knows enough of industrial technology to figure it's being controlled by someone from a long distance, and that it's a modified orb etc.

IC Shryke: "Well, thank you if you're willing to help, but as I said earlier, maybe you'd go and investigate what the Sligs are doing, what progress they're making, etc. Go towards the forest and there's a big crevice going along through the forest, which you can follow to the old Fleech mine which they were using. Normally this would be dangerous for us, but I doubt Paramites would attempt to eat a floating metal orb that can zap them."
10-30-2006, 11:38 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Sindera tried to lose herself back into a sleep, but the activities that were going on did not allow her to do so. All she wanted to do was to rest, not be forced to go back into battle. So when she was laying in a bed, she winced at just trying to answer. The pulse in her heart was slowing down by the minute, and she couldn't force herself back into a resting state. Her vision luckily darkened, and she sighed. At last, she can rest without fear of Paramites attacking her.

She tried to close her eyes, while trying to go through the events that happened. There was the orders, the attacks, the seperations, and the annoyance. All of things that she was use to. She barely was able whisper, but still managed to say, "After we stopped talking, I.... I ordered Mudokons and their guards to make camp. Afterwards, I ordered to eliminate the trees on the mine, as well as any Fleeches. I was to learn that half of our men died in the battle with wildlife and natives, so I went to scout with an officer. While scouting, I got gorged by a Paramite. Now I'm too weak to fight. But then.... Angela came and nearly shot me. I survived and two Mudokons came and saved me from being eaten by Paramites. And now, I here, being...."

She couldn't keep talking. The attack wiped out her ability to do that temporaryily. She layed her head against the pillow and fell into a coma. At last, rest.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kolca's brother kept his joy out of his face, while replying eagerly, "Good. We'll tell some others, while you go wait at the enterance."

He hastily turned around to face his sister and the others, and told them joyfully of the what they were discussing in Fleech. Kolca grimly screeched in appeal, while her brother hastily told the others to bring the half of the community to go and meet them. Kolca clenched her teeth in the great news, for she was pleased with the news. The plan was working out perfectily, as the Fleeches fled to tell the others.
-=-=-=-=-=-=

Slurp 1 found himself in a small room, that was rather interesting to be in. the room was purely ground, but it was closed into a square, with nothing but dirt around him. He sensed that there was only one other member in the room, and it was a white Scrab. It was The Albino Scrab.

He gleefully wanted to tell the spirit of his success, but the Scrab took the first word. And it wasn't happy. "Slurp, your first quest is complete. Now finish the next by preventing the Fleeches from making the choice that will cost them dearly. And this must be done fast, for I am losing my powers to help your friends. Now quick, make the right choice."

Slurp was surprised by the spirit's words, for he expected something different. But he had no chance to responde, for he drifted back into his sleep. If only he would awake some time.

10-31-2006, 08:51 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: "K" said Sklitch, and he walked out to the entrance and lay down, looking out into the open.

OOC: Just saying, I still need to know if Griff was taken up into the aircraft.
10-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Slurp 1&2 concidently awoke from their slumber at the same time, to see that most of the Fleeches were still there. Slurp 2 scanned the environment to see if there was trouble, but only to see that the multi-limbed craeture with the huge head, awoke and was carrying something in its hand. He had strange memories of being near the creature, but the thing that disturbed him was that the thing the creature was holding was very much similar to a gun. That was the thing that ticked him off.

Slurp 1 sensed that Slurp 2 and was joyful. At last, he could complete his journey. But before he could say anything, he was horrified by Slurp 2's reply to all of this, "Are you Fleeches crazy?! Am I suppose to sit down here, and let all of this happen before my very eyes!?! You all are going under a trap! And a dirty one at that!! Can't you see that he is holding a gun!?!? And can't you see that the orb is a scout for the enemies!?! I want to leave this place so I won't have sit through another hard loss, like I did earlier today!! And don't come crying to me when you all die!!"

Slurp 2 huffed while scanning to see other Fleeches, in rather confusion of what he just said. Slurp 1 looked at Slurp 2, as he began to leave the cave, in rather worriness and fearfullness. He didn't know he was so angry. Slurp 1 screeched at him, "No, wait..."

Slurp 2 hastily turned back and snapped his jaws shut in front of Slurp 1's face. He was threatning to harm his own half-self, which made the rest of the Fleeches surprised at his actions. Immidentily, tounges of venegence struck Slurp 2, as slowly tried to make his way out of the cave, while biting at the Fleeches. Slurp 1 could only stand and watch how much his half self had changed. He quickly screeched at Shryke, "Don't go after him if you don't want to. He made up his mind on how he will live, like I had made mine."

OOC: Big change, but this is what I could do.

11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC Shryke: Shryke was extremely shocked at Slurp 2's very sudden anger. Slurp 2 was quite an important character, and he didn't see why they should make a loss. They'd spent alot of trouble trying to find Slurp 2 and failing, so he didn't want him to just leave.
Shryke quickly went out after him, screeching "I'll see what I can do" as he followed Slurp 2 out. Catching up with him, he then said "Slurp. Listen a moment. Don't be so sudden in your response to what you just seen. Take a minute to think at least. The Vykker in there is not holding a true gun, it's merely a damaging impulse through connections through that orb. If it was a dangerous gun and I knew it, I would have probably taken it, or she would have shot us, surely? The orb can do no direct harm to us, and I doubt it knows enough of the area to be a threat. Look, if a serious problem comes up, and you were right and I was wrong, you can bite my legs off or something, okay? I'm not forcing you to stay. I'm just asking you to think a minute and reconsider. We spent alot of trouble trying to find you before you returned, and I don't want to see you leave now. But even if you don't return, why the sudden personality change? You didn't used to be anything like this."
11-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

"Ugh. Alright, I'll see what I can do." How had he been employed by these creatures so easily? I'll do this I suppose, Ghost thought. Perhaps I can dig up some more data on this place.
Then the mutant began speaking to a sleg that had just dropped in from nowhere, and Ghost had had enough. This is just too wierd. He left the cavern, floating away with the same metallic throbbing noise that accompanied him everywhere.
In fact, Ghost had installed a filter so that he doen't here it down the line.

When he entered the overworld once again his visual receptors glared white with all the light. The orb ascended from the ground for safety whilst he adjusted the sensitivity. He scanned the surrounding area for sligs. He detected a large gathering of sligs and mudokons a little way from the caves, and drifted off silently, stealthy.

Last edited by Bullet Magnet; 11-01-2006 at 04:24 PM..
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Actually, Slurp 2 is a Sleg. There is a whole plot on that, but it is sort of complex.

IC: Slurp 2 turned to face Shryke. He was probably his favorite person right now, and that wasn't a whole lot. He only liked Shryke because of his courage to save him. Yet, his anger possessed most of his feelings, so he did feel a little rough on him. But he decided he might at least not bark at him too aggressivily.

He tried to say to Shryke calmly, "I wasn't like that, since I didn't know so many more breeds were going to join the colony. When it was just you, I had no problem, since I didn't know you were going to bug the colony more than a month. But now I see all of these creatures, creatures that ruined my life. That so called 'Vykker' was in memories. I was being ordered around. And besides, why should I trust something like that? What if it's a spy? And what about the orb? It's no different. They can be all the same. Lies are common around here. And that Scrab. Have you forgotten that three of them tried to kill us?? And another encountered me as well, and that one is in the colony's house! Why should trust something that can't even tell the difference from friend and feast?!

But now, I am angry at my Fleech self, since he got the body I was born with, and not me. I was unlucky. I could've been praised with respect, instead of that jerk. And now, I don't want to do anything with him, except get my body back.

Yet your offer is nice. I will be sure to feast on your soul if I am right. But I am not going back with those other Fleeches. They will kill me. Now, I will stay guard, until I can find myself a better body. Now tell me. What happened when I was gone?"

11-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: "Hmmm...well, we evidently had to move to this new cave, and that Vykker...if you do indeed recognise her, I don't know about that. She sort of fell out the sky unconcious. I thought she was acting odd, possibly, if she's on the Sligs side. You don't think she has amnesia, do you? The Scrab joined too, and he seems alright. He knows a Mudokon that's hanging around outside the cave, who healed Slurp's tongue, so I hvae an amount of trust. And if he tries anything, I'm more than an equal match, anyway. And a whole hoard of Fleeches. It would be stupid to try it.
But...maybe, I was thinking we could try something with the Vykker. If you say she has seen you before, we get some privacy, just you, me and her, and try to discuss what's going on, and if she has any changed opinions. Whatever she fell from, there must be some reason.
As for your body problem...maybe if we find some witnesses as to exactly how that happened, we could attempt to correct it if you want, no? But maybe you might want to enjoy the freedom of your own body. But I don't really know how it feels to be a single body with two brains, so it's your decision.

OOC: The 'Mudokon' would be Jeff. He hasn't been forgotten, has he?
11-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: I always viewed that Fleeches use two brains to cover the nerval system. Basically, they needed two brains to function properly as one.

IC: Slurp 2 grew more settled and became a little more pleased by Shryke. At last he had a true friend. He noted patiently, "I am only bothered by this body because it is not my own. And besides, the only witnesses were the other Slurp. He was the only one there, besides the old Sleg in here. So I myself am three witnesses, am I not?

I still don't trust any of the wildlife, but you do make a point. I wouldn't want to kill the colony if I knew the forces. But I can't trust the Vykker. It is too mysterious. We must do what ever we can to get information out of it. And we would do this my way.

Another thing, why is there a Slog over here? Did your little Fleech sissies want another friend? And now, where will I stay?" He hoped these would be answered, since he was getting tired of waiting to get answers.

11-02-2006, 05:18 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

IC: Gillik decided that Sindera was safe and decided to scout again. He turned on sensors and saw that there was a HUGE signal in the air somewhere. It did not show up on IR and only as a dot on visuals. He said to Sindera

"There is a HUGE signal nearby, someone is controlling something remotely from a long way away. I'll go to investigate. Stay well. Anything you want while I'm at it?"

11-03-2006, 03:16 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

Ghost's screen suddenly fuzzed and a loud screeching came in over audio.
"Scrab's blood!" He frantically mashed the keypad as he wrote a new encryption and scramble code into the signal. The static died down.
How the hell did anyone detect my signal? Dammit, I went too long without changing it.
He would have to implement a random cyclical scrambler to keep the code changing more regularly, but if someone could crack the one...

This could be a huge issue for him.

Going back to his control station, Ghost discovered the interesting image of a paramite close-up, from the perspective of the (slanted) ground.
--------------------------------------
The dwarf paramite sat on the forest floor investigating a strange metal orb. It had established that is was inedible, but enjoyed poking it and playing with it. Suddenly the big disk on one side lit up red, and the ends of the little spikes began to glow. The paramite jumped backwards in alarm, and raised its head and twitched, paramite for "stay back, or you'l regret it!". The orb shuddered and floated up into the air. The paramite watching it go, not really caring that it flew, but that it started glowing while it payed with it! How dare it!

The paramite began to hiss. "Hsksksksksk! Hsksksksksk!" ("Stay! Stay!"). The orb let a bolt of ruby lightning fry the ground in front of it. The 'mite had had enough, and it scampered away. A curl of smoke wafted up from the blackened earth, and the orb went on its way.

11-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: LOL, dwarf Paramite.

IC Shryke: "Maybe Sklitch just wanted to have some fresh air, and have a look outside. We do have an amount of freedom here. If you hadn't noticed him, he's been here quite a while for now. The Vykker..I was planning to have a lengthier discussion eventually. Hopefully I'll have an oppurtunity soon.
You say you were a 'witness' to the merging. So, do you have any idea how it happened? If not, maybe even a rough idea? Maybe the Vykker's technology could create similar circumstances? They had enough to create me..."
11-05-2006, 04:55 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

Slurp 2 sensed the Slog with anger. He didn't know if he could trust it. He remembered being with one of them, but they were extermily viscous toward everyone around them. Slurp was just waiting for him to start a feast on the Fleeches. But then he sensed the burns on Sklitch. It seemed worse than his own. He wondered how that happened, being that this happened to him as well.

He payed more attention to what Shryke was saying and replied to his last question, "I have no idea how it happened. I was just trying to kill the Sleg from the inside, but something happened. A strength of some kind was pulling us together. I don't know how it can repeated actually. I guess I'm just stuck hear unless that shaman comes back."

OCC: Anyway Perry, I do believe Sindera is in a coma.

Last edited by Slaveless; 11-05-2006 at 04:39 PM..
11-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: "Hmmm...a strength pulled you together? My best guesses would be supernatural forces, or maybe some sort of electrical reaction. From what I saw in the labs, they messed some Fuzzles brains around and with eachother using electrical impulses form a machine, which had Zappflies 'plugged' into it, in a sense. The reactions varied, normally they just got fried. You don't think something similar happened to you?"
11-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: I was hoping that someone new would come up, but oh well.

IC: Slurp 2 blankily tried to define all of these new words into his mind, without much understanding of what electricial, impulses, reactions, and Fuzzles meant. Slurp nodded his head and slowly barked, "Sure.... What you just said."

Just then, a small Fleech that was dsiposing the heavy rocks onto the enterance of the cave, heaved himself back from the activity. He glanced at the production that was being made, but sensed that the cave was much bigger than he had expected. Even though the rocks to him were massive and heavy to push into the cave's passage way, the enterance was wider and huge to him. He sensed the productivity of others and looked at the rocks being pulled. They had found them by a small distance away from the cave. But the rocks took a long time to push away from their home, and stacking them was rather uneasy to do.

Just then, he realized that Shryke and the Sleg that had killed Fleeches in the cave were discussing. He growled aggressively at the Sleg. It didn't seem right to trust that beast. It had killed his brothers and it was still being given attention. He wished he could attack, but Shryke was still there. He would have to wait later.

The Fleech sensed that another creature had been about. It was a Slog. The Fleech (let's name him Veru) sensed it carefully, and noticed that it had deep markings on it that resembled beatings and bites. He shrivered at the sight of it and carefully looked at the prgress of the covering. A Fleech from the labor screeched, "Hey Veru! Come back here, we need business to take care of!"

Veru sighed and went off to pull some more rocks into place.

OOC: That's weird, I feel like making Veru another short story character. Hm, odd.