Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

09-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

: Jan 2006
: At a thearpy session.
: 1,465
Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Heh, that's nice to know. And you are welcome, it is always nice to see more members. I might place in a few Mudokons myself, but I just need to have some time to make them.

09-30-2006, 11:45 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

: May 2006
: Um...RealWorld?
: 1,943
Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

:
OOC: Thank you for the warm welcome, Slaveless! As for your question... yes there may be some random steef roaming around. The reason why they were fighting was to get thier food back, as Rupture Farms had taken scrabs, paramites, (and even a steef or two) to make their products. That means less food for the steef. So Scratch brought a couple of steef with him to a forest to try and find some food. The steef he brings with him will only be temporary, though, as Scratch gets thrust into the search for the Albino Scrab. I'll have my first post that follows his story up soon.
OOC: Steef Sirloin's? XD
Uh...Sklitch doesn't really end up doing much, really. Mind if I ditch him for a different character that might be a bit more active?

Name: Jeff
Species: Slig (mutant)
Appearence: A Slig, due to a genetic mutation, the legs, normally small, uselss and stuck together with no muscle, are seperated and usable (knees). Also, due to his far more active lifestyle and activity of parts of his body, has become stronger than the average Slig that does little except carry a gun and sleep. He packs a powerful punch (nothing like a Steef, but come on, a normal Slig that doesn't get almost ANY excersise isn't gonna hurt you much with a punch, is it?
Personality: See's both sides of things, has a very caring and understanding nature (he wasn't beaten into submission and unatural personality like other Sligs). Tend's to piké stuff.
Equipment: A stolen Spoocebow from a Mudokon, modified into a powerful normal bow, with a quiver of Paramite fang-tipped arrows, collected from skeleton's scattered around. Others use Scrab teeth, claws, or whatever else he can find, generally animal 'weapons'. A belt with 10 pockets for storage of items he finds/steals, 5 grenades he has on him currently, and 4 lumps of meat.
Bio: Born from a Slig queen (may be Skillya, but could have been another [surely over the planet there's more than one female representative of the species?]), Jeff was discarded from being sold into Glukkon work due to his mutation, and was thought useless. They didn't bother killing him, he was just tossed out. Other Sligs quickly attacked and beat him, but he ran. Ran on his legs.
After a while, he settled down into a town and lived, talking to locals who generally ignored his mutation as they didn't care much about anything, eating what he could steal and find around in the nearby forest, such as fruit. He learned better language slowly from the residents.
Unfortunately, this did not last. Glukkons and other Sligs moved in, pushing the residents out as they built a foul smelling factory nearby. Jeff could smell it, but didn't care much about it like the others, using the confusion to steal more valuables, from locals and Sligs alike.
He then decided to investigate. He hung around the factory, quiter than the Sligs with their noisy, heavy pants, as he seiftly darted around the factory. Some Sligs were then fired, but had been reassigned for another job. He followed them through the forest, where they entered a fake, but convincing tree stump. So far from then, he has been hiding around the forest, spying on various animals and people.

IC: Jeff quietly stalked through the leaf litter. Cautious of Paramites that may be hiding in the shadows. He then heard a faint noise. He stalked closely. An odd creature with two Mudokon's was talking into a mike. He tried to think what it was...he'd seen one in the factory before. An Intern.
He couldn't make out what was being said, but he could tell she was wounded. But...would it be dangreous to try to help? For now, anyway, he decided to protect them from what may appear to attack them from the shadows. He couldn't help it, he didn't really want to, but he couldn't just leave the injured thing. So he remained, watching for danger. He held a sharp arrow at the ready.
09-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Actually Zerox, you broke my heart. I was about to make a short story character, where a new concept would be introduced in the colony, and Sklitch would be included. He is needed, for the whole story would downfall from there. I just need two more posts to prove it to you. And besides, you are only to post new characters, if you think they will influence the storyline.

So in short, you could continue having that new character, but I would beg of you to keep Sklitch. Please?

09-30-2006, 05:22 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

OOC: Holy w00tness on a waffle!

IC:

Matthew(first again): Matthew and Greg saw and heard Sindera talking into the microfone thingy and she gestured to them that they were about to start moving, "What did you mean by killing yourself? Do you really think you'll die?" said Matt...

Shredder: Shredder looked at the nearby Vykker and heard it yell. He couldn't understand what it said, but it looked very panicked and Shredder thought it thought Shredder was gunna eat it. Which Shredder had to resist from doing. Shredder looked up and saw Jeff backing away slowly from Shryke and heading towards Shredder, as if he didn't trust Shryke...

OOC: w00t?

10-01-2006, 01:42 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: K, Slaveless. I just didn't see him doing much, but I'll keep him then.
Wait a minute, Jeff's got the same name as...well, Jeff. I'll change it too...Griff. Yeah, that sounds cool.

IC (Griff): What? This creature was going to kill itself anyway? But for what cause? He must help...he quickly ran off and collected a mass of spooce, sticking them on his bows and in his pockets for now. He then made his way back to the Intern and Mudokons, and dumped all the Spooce down to them. Perhaps she would reconsider and hopefully not kill herself. He'd rather noone killed themself purposefully, unless it was for good reason...but he couldn't be sure. It would help her feel better anyway. It's not like he had anything better to do, regardless.

--

Sklitch woke up with a wide yawn. He heard some commotion elsewhere in the cave. He saw that the Vykker had woken up in such circumstances. This behaviour wasn't particularly surprising...he saw Jeff becoming worried. Not knowing why, he decided to check Jeff out, and went over to him, checking nothing was wrong.

OOC: Shryke still needs some sort of answer.
10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Woot! Well, I better do something about that right now. Here it comes!

Name: Kolca
Species: Fleech
Sex: Female
Appearance: Well, pretty much like the average Fleech, except with smaller teeth, and a longer body. This is all natural for females, yet their tounges remain the same.
Personality: She could go along the lines of non-empathic to indiviual's value of life. In fact, she refuses to think that the colony is a group of people, not someone. However, she is highly religonish to the little religon she has. It is a known fact that she refuses to break her religon's moral code, for she fears that the oragnization will kill her for doing so. And finally, she views that what she does is right, and that those who disagree are wrong. To sum it up, she is eco-centric (Reminds you of Christain extermists, huh?)
Occupation: Her job in the colony is a scout for the things going on in the forest, yet she is secretly a member of the CFIA(Concerned Fleeches In Action).
Equipment: Teeth, tounge, and 'special' organs.
Biography: Kolca always served the colony, but never was ever born from the queen. Keeping that a secret to everyone, but the CFIA, she knows that if anyone knew of her being a legitment child, she would be exucuted by the queen herself. However, that isn't the only treson she has done.

Being a member of the CFIA, she has put her life into risk, being that the organization was ignorant to the importance of others. But the fact is, she never chose to be a member, she was taught that the organization's ridiculous ideas. The CFIA had taught her that from the beginning, there was order to all of the systems of the colony. However, the CFIA had believed that the old Offense Fleeches, had no concern to the danger that lurked in the very hallways of the colony. In fact, they only became concern until the very moment of endangerment to the colony was active. The CFIA believed that a new generation of the Offense Fleeches needed to be formed, to actually prevent damage to the colony could even exist.

As she was taught, the CFIA began as an idea presented to the queen, where Offense Fleeches would be sent into the forest, and control anything that could possibly harm the colony. The idea was turned down, for sending the soliders into a battle that didn't exist, was never a good idea, being that 1.) Offense Fleeches risk their lives for fighting for the colony, while scouts risk their lives of possibly being eaten. Why should they risk their life in another way? And 2.) if anything was to happen that seemed threatning to the scouts, it would be their job to control it.

Yet, the Fleeches who presented the idea felt like that the scouts would not be smart enough to pay attention to the flawes that they did. This proved correct, when Paramites followed the Fleeches into the cave, trying to make a nest there. The Fleeches then decided that even if their queen turned the idea down, there still should be an organization to solve the problem.

At first, the group searched for things in the forest that may be threatning. Nothing at first seemed even potiently harmful, until some of the Fleeches noticed a pattern. Fleeches had been bringing in less and less food into the colony each day. They realized that Slegs had been taking over the terroritory of the plateau, and claiming more and more space of hunting ground. Being that this was inffecting the Fleeches' progress of food supply, they took a stand.

Their plan was rather complex for a simple being to think of actually. At that time, they knew that Slurgs were part of the main diet of Slegs. And being that Slurgs were supporters of the colony, they decided to use them as a weapon. The Fleeches, every night, would take both large supplies of Slurg food and Slurgs themself, and feed them the food. The trick was, the Fleeches added explosive chemicals into the food, making the acid inside the absorbing the chemicals, make the body become explosive. That way, the Sleg predators would be destoryed by explosion. Not also had this idea harm the ones that made peace with them little pawns, but it also endangered the plants. When the Slurgs would be killed, they would burn and kill trees, grass, and other plants off within seconds. Even Fleeches lives would be detonaited from the explosions, for they hanged around the Slurgs when scouting.

This problem became a crisis soon after a Fleech had saw his brother perish in a five second flame. When it was presented to the queen, it was declared a homicidal and a traitor like crime. When the Fleeches the discovered about the feeding, Offense Fleeches would question others to find out who poisoned the Slurgs' food. Before long, three members of the CFIA had been brought forth to the queen. They had admitted that they commited the crime, and said that this was only the beginning of the CFIA. They said that there were others, and that they would never be found. No one found out who else was involved.

40 years later, and the whole board of the CFIA could not be found. No one knew how they met, nor could they find out when they had their meetings. However, they did catch small amounts of Fleeches who were in the CFIA, found out how they discussed, and what was the result of their actions. They would speak to not the whole board at once, but rather two others who were in the board. That way, they would pass the conversation onto others, making it seem like a discussion, not a meeting. Complex how it was, they couldn't understand how they would get new members.

On the topic more on Kolca, she was born from a member of the CFIA, being that was one of the ways that CFIA members were made. She was orphaned as well, being that members of the board that had kids, would surrender them self to the queen, thus killing themself from the death pentality. It was all part of the religon the CFIA made.

Being that she was taught the CFIA beliefs, she was instantnly a member. She took part in all of the actions, but now that the colony is at war with the Industerials, and that peace is the Fleeches next move, CFIA will have some more actions.

I will post as Kolca later, but now, it's Sindera time!

IC: As Sindera listened to the Mudokons talk to her, Sindera felt like that she couldn't believe of what she said. She thought she said something else, but this suddenly seemed like that she was losing her mind, through the injury.

She looked down, only to see that her chest was covered in blood, and had stained her pants completely. It looked like some sort of slaughter had been going on her. The blood was absolutely gory, and it even wasn't night time. This all was too much for her. This all was going to her head, and she couldn't even think.

Sindera suddenly got angry at the whole sitution, for the blood had just caused her to say something she would regret. This caused her too feel so violent for oblivous reasons, that she felt like that she needed to kill someone to heal. And unfortunently, right there, there were two Mudokons. Sindera growled, and slowly crunched her hand together into a fist around Jeff's neck for ten seconds. But at last, Sindera pulled herself back, and tried to explain why she did that, it came rasp and hoarse. "Dammit, I can't control myself no more. I can't think straight, I just said I was sudicial, and I just tried to kill ya all. Can you take me to the next Slig with a healing powers, I mean Glukkon, I mean Mudokon with mad moves, I mean, aw damn Odd."

She dropped her walkie talkie, as if it was Gillik was not on the other end. Sindera placed the arm on Jeff's shoulder onto her head, to smack herself. Just then, without balance, Sindera dropped on her back, absolutely crazy out of her mind, and just fainted right there. It just was too much for her mind.

10-01-2006, 11:32 PM
E'l Scrabino
Sewer Sleg

: Melbourne, Australia.
: 726
E'l Scrabino  (94)

OOC: Oh my dear w00t!!1!
:
Sindera suddenly got angry at the whole sitution, for the blood had just caused her to say something she would regret. This caused her too feel so violent for oblivous reasons, that she felt like that she needed to kill someone to heal. And unfortunently, right there, there were two Mudokons. Sindera growled, and slowly crunched her hand together into a fist around Jeff's neck for ten seconds.
Ahem... I beleive it is GREG, not Jeff...

IC:

w00t...Er, i mean Matthew:

"Oh my Odd!" Shouted Matthew as Sindera fainted right there infront of him, then, out of no-where, a strange-looking Slig popped up and dropped alot of Spooce infront of them. Matthew told Greg to pick them up and then asked the Slig if he would help them get Sindera back to the ship...

Shredder: *nothing as of yetnumz*

OOC: w00tness!

10-02-2006, 08:27 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC: They had noticed him. Ah, well, doesn't matter anyway.
"Suppose I could help you take this Intern back to your ship...wherever it is. I'm always ready to help out someone in need. What is her problem anyway? Maybe I could help in some way..." Griif said as he lifted the heavy Intern onto his back, with some difficulty.

OOC: Shryke still waits for Angela's reply.
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

: Apr 2006
: Australia
: 677
magic9mushroom  (20)

IC: Angela wondered what was going on. This Scrablike creature knew what she was saying!

"What am I doing here? who are you? what are you going to do with me?"
she asked.

10-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC (Shryke): The Vykker seemed to understand.
"You fell from sky to us. This is our current occupation area, of the wild creatures. We try to protect forest from destruction by Sligs. I am Shryke, I try to organise what I can. Mostly we have Fleeches who survived the attack on the mine. You were unconcious when you appeared, so we brought you here. I have seen Vykkers like you before, as far back as I can remember. I believe they may know something or have something to do with my birth. I would like to ask you what you know, please"
Shryke still needed more practice, rather evidently.
10-03-2006, 02:17 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

OOC: Oh damn! why did you ask that question? Or as Scrabino would say, wh in w00tness would you ask that question.

IC: Angela was intrigued. She noticed Paramite parts on the creature and with her newfound memory dimly remembered rumors of Shrykull experiments.

"Oh yes, I remember there was something like you. It was a test of our abilities for genetic modification. The next thing they did was me. I'm afraid to tell you that they took steps to make sure your genes didn't get out. Your lifespan probably only has a couple of years left in it. You also can't reproduce. I can fix this, but I need my lab equipment, which is in Gillik's ship. Can you help me get it, please?"

EDIT: call me Perry.

Last edited by magic9mushroom; 10-03-2006 at 02:39 PM..
10-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC Shryke: Well, he certainly seemed to be some sort of experiment...that didn't matter too much. The lifespan wasn't too important, but it would be nice to extend it...reproducing, however. Would it be right?
"I can certainly help you get back to...whoever's ship that is. For now, could you wait here a moment?"
Shryke went back to the Fleeches and others a moment, and made a declaration, in the various languages he knew "I apparently may only have a few years left to live. The Vykker says she can fix that. But one thing: She also says that she could give me the ability to reproduce. But I am uncertain whether this would be the right thing for me to do, as I am not, in myself, a natural species. So I'd like all your opinions, if you may, on what my choice should be"

Sklitch came up and listened to Shryke. This was most interesting...he decided to wait for a few more answers before stating his opinions.
10-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: I would have imagined, Perry, that it would be easier to have said that you didn't know.

IC: Kolca had slithered around the dark corriders in the cave, passing by all of the non-members of the colony. The harsh darkness was nothing to Kolca, for she saw with her electric senses. And yet, with those senses, she groped for something positive to give to the CFIA.

At the moment, Kolca had been on spy and scout duty for the CFIA. At the time, she had to give the other group members, who were busy doing their assigned work from the queen, the happening in the colony. And at the moment, she paying attention to the newest members of the colony. That Sleg, the strangly limbed creature with an enormous skull, the Mystic walk man or named Mudokon, the Slog, that Scrab, and the Paracrab named Shryke. Those six were somewhat interesting, for they had all made it under a peace sign with the Fleeches. But the most important reason, was that they all had something to do with the invasion. A key factor to what might turn up to be a battle.

Personally, Kolca was against the whole reason why half of them were there. Sure, they saved their butts, but now they are being used for peace. In the thoughts of Kolca, the colony's peace with others is risking the colony's future of survival. By now, Paramites should be able to know where they dwell, and since they denined their offer of peace twice, it was no time before they go for the kill. Nothing cheerful to think about. Yet, this was all the fault of that stinking little Slurp. That Fleech greatly altered the course of the colony, and now the whole thing will be jumping off cliffs, if they continue looking for crap like peace. Yet that Fleech was to be killed later, when he least expects it. But she and the CFIA had to do so without that Sleg around...

On the other hand, she and the CFIA saw this as an opprunity to defend themself from Walk men. That Paracrab had given war as a thought, so persuading it to go command a skrimich couldn't be very hard. Besides, it knew nothing of the CFIA. The Scrab went under the same catergory, while the Mudokon could be used as a medical slave. And that son of a gun Slog was of great use as well. It had been a traitor of the Industerials, so it probably knew base locations, squad numbers, and how to charm the Walk men. Again, persuadement was another key as well. And so was that creature. It could gain the trust of the Walk men, go up into power, and bam! Kill them off for good. Yup, and it could be possible through lying and convincment. They just needed that Fleech out of the way, along with the Sleg, and the language expanison pack named Shryke.

But as Kolca hid herself in the darkest shadows in the cave, she listened to the Paracrab's statements. It had discussed something about expanding his life line, and givning him the ability to reproduce. This might be a good idea, however, more creatures stronger in both trust and strength with the Fleeches was not going to be much good with the colony. The colony would die off instatnly, if the Paracrabs decided to have a supper with the Fleeches. On the other hand, it could be possible to raise the children as CFIA members, and that was good too. Striking fear into the heart of the Fleeches with Paracrabs would get the CFIA in control of the And so, Kolca screeched mysteriousily, "Yes, give him some children and a better life! Paracrabs and Fleeches combined would cause the colony to have over all protection! So yes, make this Paracrab the mother and father of new life!"

Before she could continue, an uprour of agreement lunged itself to Shryke. Fleeches started to chant, "Make him queen and king!" until the cave echoed in the screeches. Kolca secretly smiled to herself, for this made it seem like the CFIA was now in control.

10-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC (Shryke): The sudden uproar was something he had rather unexpected. But...queen and king? Maybe the Fleeches weren't thinking in the way he was...
"From your reply to my question, I am unsure of why you have decided this. I was asking as I am unsure about whether the continuation and possible establishment of my species over an area. I myself am un unnatural species, in the sense that I am unique and was created by another species. I meant the question for the purpose of continuation of my species so we don't become extinct, but judging by your answer, it may be to help rule with you Fleeches. That is not why I asked. As for protection of the colony, you Fleeches seem quite capable yourselves. Otherwise, this massive colony wouldn't exist. It existed long before any other creatures came to join it."
He then addressed Kolca, the one who had thought the idea up, personally "Why is it that you think these reasons?"
Shryke then had a thought. Something odd happened to Slurp a while ago...some sort of odd entity. Maybe if he asked Slurp about it, it might be worth asking this entity.
10-10-2006, 03:41 PM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

Off-topic: Wow, 13 pages, I can't believe my RPG survived this long. I wanna thank everyone who's active in this RPG for keeping it alive.

10-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: That is, if anyone posts here again...
Maybe you should carry on with your character here. We kind of need more people in this as it is.
10-11-2006, 02:31 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
OOC: That is, if anyone posts here again...
Maybe you should carry on with your character here. We kind of need more people in this as it is.
Affirm. Need replies from people...Slaveless, Zerox...to post IC.

10-12-2006, 02:54 AM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: I can't possibly do an IC this week. Maybe tomorrow, when I don't have homework or a project, or even a test to study for.

But it's great to see you back Oddveteran98. I going to suppose you were bored and decided to check around?

10-12-2006, 03:06 AM
oddveteran93
Rabid Fuzzle

: Melbourne
: 516
oddveteran93  (23)

Not really, I just wanted to announce the status of my (and Cullen's) fan game and post a few pics.

10-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Screw it. Alot.
Mushroom, I already posted. I'm waiting for Slaveless.
This is indeed an awkward situation.
10-12-2006, 07:14 PM
magic9mushroom
Sleg

magic9mushroom  (20)

:
OOC: Screw it. Alot.
Mushroom, I already posted. I'm waiting for Slaveless.
This is indeed an awkward situation.
Can somebody PLZ interact with Angela. If somebody doesn't come back there will be a security incident.

10-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Ooh, I'm scared.
Unless the thing has a gun...damn.

IC (Shryke): Before any Fleeches or likewise had time to answer his reply, he called to the Vykker to come out. Maybe it could state its opinion and what she can do better than he could to them, or something...
10-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Then what is this?
:
"I can certainly help you get back to...whoever's ship that is. For now, could you wait here a moment?"
IC: Kolca remained in the deep shadows, as she rather not attract attention to herself. One might be suspect her reasons to be rather random. That might give herself away.

But before she could reply, a rather rasp voice echoed through out the meeting place. "I think I could answer that." There, in her senses, was a very, very gray Fleech standing before them. The Fleech was consideribly wrinkily, but that ended at it's head not facing Shryke. Or at least, where the head should be. The head was completely wiped off from it's face, leaving a bloody mark, revealing broken nerves and blood vessels. But the Fleech remained to be alive, as if it was a miralce.

The gray Fleech continued, "You see, great Paracrab, you might think of us able to support ourself fully, and don't require any help. Well, you are wrong, our friend. Think about it. Do you seriousily think, that we would be here, if you had not came along? Would I be talking to you, at this very second, if you hadn't exacuated the previous cave? Answer me boy. Do you think we could live any longer, without a Paracrab beside us? That's why we need you continue your species, and your life. We need Paracrabs. We can't live without you, Shryke. And we only ask of you, to gain the ability to breed, so we can live a full life. So what do you say to that?"

The Fleeches all layed silent, for they patientily waited for what Shryke had to say. Kolca, in the shadows, hoped hard that this Paracrab would say yes, for it would do good for the colony.

10-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Right. Meepiluch has stopped indefinitely (much like the Oddfather, damn you irony gods!), so I am going to take advantange of this character's unique attribute and introduce Ghost to The Albino Scrab. I've been meaning to for a long time, long before Meepiluch.

Name: Ghost
Species: Presumed mudokon from voice.
Personality: "I am the center, the hub of all your knowledge. I am the unseen who sees all. What I do not know is unknown by all. I am the truth, the deception, and the signal. I am your fears and your hopes. I am the source. I am the Ghost in the machine."
Those that have “met” Ghost seem to think he’s an okay guy, but are spooked by the mystery that he embodies. He is quite helpful in the information he provides, knowing what he does, but whether or not that information is correct is another matter. It serves his allies well, and therefore serves his own ends nicely. His sense of humour is often unappreciated.
Appearance: No one has ever seen Ghost in person. But his remote-controlled avatar is in the form of a highly modified security orb. Indistinguishable from normal orbs, the Chant Suppressor C-dot-P is a masterpiece of engineering. If the Glukkons knew it existed, they would try anything to get their hands on it (so to speak). A dark metallic orb about 2 feet in diameter, it has a single red, faintly glowing “eye”. Slender, stiff antennas and anti-gravity conduits protrude perpendicular to the orb’s surface. The number of C.Ps in Ghost's possession are unknown.
Equipment: The exact number and nature of C.P’s modifications are unknown. Confirmed reports include:
  • The ability to display images on across the eyepiece.
  • A speaker that Ghost uses to communicate.
  • A small cargo area in the back of the orb
  • A variable strength zap: the ruby-red lightning bolt ranges from a harmless, painful jolt used in irritation, distraction, and Ghost’s amusement; to a decidedly lethal bolt of crispy death. Can be employed to kill and cook small animals for his allies dining “pleasure”.
Ghost himself resides in an unknown location, surrounded by the greatest collection of computer and communications technology on Oddworld. He can and does intercept every transmission on Oddworld; the screens arrayed about him display everything from C.P’s vision to CCTV to primetime television.
Bio: As someone without a past, identity or name, there is very little to say about Ghost. He could be anywhere in the world, have more than one avatar, and be in contact with any number of sapients. His motives in West Shrubton are unknown.

Now for one of my famously descriptive character insertions!

IC/scene setting: West Shrubton and the surrounding forest is a rumour mill. Not in the metaphorical sense, and not quite in the literal sense either. Perhaps it is better described as a source of legend. This, too, makes West Shrubton unique, as it is the source of many new legends, and some profound old ones. Like the old forest spirit, the Albino Scrab. Not to be confused with actual albino scrabs, of course. This legend is widely known, though only to a select few. Others include the more corporeal urban myth of Big Red, the great scrab of the Mudos Wilderness. Though based on hard fact, the stories have become warped with time. It certainly seems that scrabs are skilled in spawning legends!
Another popular tale is that of the fleech nest in the mines, a unique feature, as such strong social tendancies are rarely displayed by fleeches.

West Shrubton draws many to it, but it remains inexplicably sparse in terms of population. Where the adventure-seekers go to is as big a mystery as those of which attracted them in the first place. And yet, intelligence is all around, if only the observer had the clarity of mind to see it.

One such observer comes now, confident and headstrong, yet showing an unusually large amount of brains. This young explorer has more knowledge than his age should represent, more than even many of the great elders. However, he has much to learn of wisdom. His unique position allows him to experience the lives of others, and prides himelf in being the unofficial, unknown hub of information on Oddworld. But the mysteries of this place intrigues him, much more so than even Monsaic Lines, which keeps its secrets even from this young techspert. he does not know it yet, but he is already entwined with Shrubton's own chain of causality. He will be among its heroes, if he should gain the wisdom to hear the hero's call. He calls himself Ghost, and his shell is drifting through the leaves right now...

Last edited by Bullet Magnet; 10-13-2006 at 02:10 PM..
10-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Yeah, Meepiluch was something I couldn't take. I just couldn't keep up. So I'm giving my best attention to the Albino Scrab and W@RF.

And BM, very impressive work! Extermily creative, very describative, really sums up the legends of West Shrubton, and I can't wait to see how he fits into the story. Maybe if there will be a second version of TAS, I will ask you to make the backstory. If only we could get past page 20. *grumble*

10-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

IC (Shryke, duh): Shryke considered what the Fleech had to say. It had a good point. He didn't want them to all die out, least of all Slurp. And at least, if the Slig menace hadn't been stopped before his death, then maybe his descendants would do their best to do so.
"I see your point well...I think I will take that decision. If anything, I would rather this Fleech colony persevered, and if the Sligs and others destroying the forest aren't stopped during my lifespan, then maybe my descendants could do so afterwards. So yes, that I will do"
He quickly moved back to the Vykker, and told her "Yes, I believe I would like the ability to breed as well as have a longer lifespan. But I need to get you back to your...ship, first, hm?"
10-14-2006, 02:58 AM
Bullet Magnet
Bayesian Empirimancer

: Greatish Britain
: 7,724
Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)Bullet Magnet  (8784)

Ghost' orb floated above the canopy to look around. He could see huge rocks to the east and south, some sort of river cutting through the forest west through south, and far to the north, the land stopped. There were some houses in a clearing to the north-west. Ghost checked with his map, and everything checked out. He was about to go over to Shrubton, but then noticed the mine shaft in the rocks. Perhaps he could explore that place first? Find out if the fleech stories really are true? Ghost was embarrassed that he didn't already know the answers. He could tell you Queen Maggie's daily routine, but not if Shrubton was really all that it was cracked up to be!
Ghost tested his orb's zapper on a plassing thudslug. It immediately dropped to the ground, curled up. Alive, but irritated. Whisps of smoke curled up from under its shell plates. Satisfied, Ghost descended below the canopy and hovered through the forest, dodging the branches as he went. A hatch opened on the side of the orb, and a small device emerged. It resembled a shorter security camera, with a red eye. A stubbier version of those employed in places such as Rupture Farms. Ghost peered at his telescreen as the image flicked to thermal imaging. There was definitly a heat source in the mines somewhere, but since fleeches did not usually emit heat, this wasn't conclusing. Just another mystery.
Annoyed at this new development, but exited at the prospect of discovering something new, Ghost retracted the TI scanner and floated into the mine-shaft.

10-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Zerox
Outlaw Mortar

Zerox  (154)Zerox  (154)

OOC: Kewl, Bullet.
Oh, and Griff is still waiting for some action via Mudokon or Intern. Whichever.
10-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Steef Head
Bolamite

: Sep 2006
: Canada
: 67
Steef Head  (10)

IC: Scratch moved slilently through the forest, with two steef following close behind him. He was starving. He hadn't eaten for days. Scratch had remembered a time before this. His village had plenty of food. They had lived at peace with the land. But now... Now they had nothing ever since the war.

Two days before, Scratch had tried to lead his village against nearby Flub Fuels. They had come so close to winning the battle... Until the largest sligs that Scratch had ever seen came out of nowhere. They were too large and the steef army couldn't ram them down. They tried to fight back for what seemed like forever. Then the village's leader, who was also Scratch's grandfather, got one bullet too many. "Scratch, you must retreat. We are fighting a losing battle." He had told Scratch. "Gather the rest of the village, pack up your belongings and travel untill you find the best place to settle again. Make sure that its far away from the industrialists. It's too late for me now..."

Sratch had gone ahead of the rest of the village, who were marching away from their old home, in search of a new settlement. Scratch had promised that he would find some food for them, and he would keep his promise.

OOC: Do ya like it?

10-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Slaveless
Outlaw Shooter

Slaveless  (36)

OOC: Hm, quite interesting Steef Head. I would love to see how the Steef start to interact with current problems in West Shrubton.

Kolca grinned appeal to this news, being that she was able to perfectily persaude Shryke into allowing the CFIA become a little more powerful. But instead of revealing herself from the shadows, she carefully scanned the crowd to see its reaction. Fleeches all over the place were violentily clicking their tounges onto the roof of their mouth (sort of like clapping). The Fleeches were quite glad to see that Shryke decided to reproduce, being that they wanted to survive with Paracrabs. While the cheering Fleeches were clicking, some decided to desperse, so the could tell the others.

However, Kolca's attention was no longer on the Paracrab's, but rather the Slog. Kolca also scanned for Fleeches that were flicking their tounges, representing the CFIA's code of who was who. There were five of them. Kolca too, flicked her tounge rapidly. Only a few of the Fleeches noticed her form, and moved many steps close to her, to inform their notice of Kolca.

Kolca next decided to make the next step. She realized that one of the Fleeches heads were split apart in many directions. Kolca, regonizing that Fleech's differences from the rest, and started to gesture that Fleech toward her. The Fleech took notice, and hastily crawled into the shadows with her. The Fleech, covered in hideous attributes, could not say anything in a screech, but rather a single groan noise. When the groan came out, the Fleech tried to say, "Why'd ya want me? I don't need anythin' more from ya."

Kolca softily replied to him after watching his missing face marks expand and suck in from breathing. It just wasn't right. "I want you to help me try to talk to that Slog. He might be our only hope of attacking the Industerials. And you are the only member who know of the language Sleg. And how did you get those markings? Last I saw you, you just had slight teeth differences from the rest."

The Fleech sighed and replied in a deeper tone, "I have suffered from a tragic incident from the cave attack. But anyway, we can talk to this Slog. But prehaps we need more than us to go on..."

Kolca gestured for the rest to come forth, and got each and everyones' attention. The two discussed their plan, and told them to say nothing, for Shryke might be listening. Once the Fleeches minds had developed a sense in what they must do, Kolca screeched in command of following. All four slithered silentily to Sklitch, so they could be at a talking range. Once the disfigured Fleech had thought he had the Slog's attention, it blurted in perfect Sleg, "Hello mate, my name is Herffal, and I'm a representive of the queen. She would like it if we would discuss about your past. The past here, with the Industerials. She would like to know everything you know, for some changes are being considered by her at this moment."