Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

07-13-2005, 10:20 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Was that last line in italics both for me, Splat? If it was, I understand, I've been busy yesterday, sorry for keeping you all waiting.

---------------------------

Arnie: "You know Nick, that might be the real solution. I'll try that. But if Stivik is around, I must do the same to the other employees too. Just on acting, though."

Otto looked behind and saw Boogie, Floyd and their companions.

Otto: "Hey, who are all these guys? We were a bit busy with things here, and we didn't notice them."

Arnie looked behind too.

Arnie: "Right, now... What's your problem? You should tell us briefly, just to haste things. One by one, allright?"

07-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

OOC: Dripik, I think Splat's italic line was Stivik thinknig that about Arnie.

Arthur looked up upon hearing the Glukkon spoeak, and he stood and hurried over, with Dek following close behind. " Ah right, you're Arni I guess? Well, I'm Arthur, and I just got transferre her from FeeCo. I;ve been here a few hours and I haven't been given a job yet, so what I'm saying is I need one. Preferably one that lets me sleep a lot."
Dek then spoke after him "And I just got fired with no warning from the Vykkers' Labs that I worked at. I am a highly trained and qualified medical doctor and business-Vykker and have helped a couple of injured employees here, so I too am in need of a job, and I'm requesting one here."
07-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Nick: Sounds fair to me Boss. I even have a first task for him. He can start repairing the grinding area. That should take his mind of spying on everyone.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

07-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: Yeah Dripik, that was Stivik thinking about Arnie. When i do italics it's either enphasis on a particular word (obviously) or on a long speech, it's the characters thought. Sorry I didnt make that clearer.

07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Cyber-Slig

: Jul 2004
: Mongolia
: 1,225
Cyber-Slig  (10)

After a couple of days of repair of himself, and taming Fang, CS prepared to leave his room once again. He decided to go to the cafeteria, for some Scrab Meat, and a drink of Sugarred Paramite Blood.
07-13-2005, 02:03 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

Boogie: "Whoops, I forgot about that... Floyd?"

Floyd: "Err... You can put Scruben down next to you, while I'm going to check my machine report list. *reads* Hmm, Lift malfunction, floor one; Broken lights, groundfloor; Machine: "electricity spool", groundfloor, works fine; Door #1.9.375. Special Barracks: Shortwired; Broken Expresso machine #302; Crashed lift, right around this corner.
This is what I need to show to Arnie? He won't like this. Lets hope he's nice."

*Boogie puts down Scruben next to him*
Boogie: "Door #375? Oh, yeah, my door. Hehe."
Floyd: "I'll give these reports to Arnie. You guys just wait here. *turns to Arnie*
Errhm, mister Arnie, sir? I've got my Machine reports right here. You might want to see them now?"

07-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Groll:"Well, I'll make a start at it anyway. Not like I've got anything better to do... I would have asked for help, but the boss seems nowhere to be found, so it'll probably be simpler just to start on my own. Anything's better than what they're like now."

Sefon was walking back inside the factory and saw two sligs (Stivik and Groll) walking along and talking. He started heading towards them.

Groll saw Sefon coming and muttered softly:

Groll:"I would watch this guy if I were you..."

Sefon walked up and pretended to have heard nothing.

Sefon:"Hey, fellows, what's up?"

07-14-2005, 03:34 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Stivik ignores Sefon: (To Groll) "This place has a massive organisation problem doesn't it? The only thing I've been told to do by Arnie is patrol the place and make sure everything stays running. But the only thing that seems to be running in the first place is... well... not a lot! The main gates of the stockyard were open when I went out there! A whole army of mudokons could have turned up and blown this place off the face of the planet and I have severe doubts that Arnie would have noticed!"

He subtley (There, happy now Gretin) reaches down and turns his box on.

07-14-2005, 06:58 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Yeah, I know it was for Arnie. Don't worry about it, there's nothing wrong with it. Lines which might have multiple meanings are good.

--------------------------

Arnie: "A report? We haven't got any reports recently... Take the report from him, #7 Slig, OK?"

#7 Slig: "Right, boss. I'll take it, then."

#7 Slig reached out with his hand for the report.

Arnie: "A well-working Mudokon... What is your name?"

07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Floyd: "Hehe... he. I'm Floyd. I'm not sure if you knew I was here, but I'm a machine checker. I visit several factories for a time to check every single machine at least once. And uh... I'm not completely done, but here it is, so far. I don't think you're gonna like the results but... yea.
And oh, I think I've forgot to write down that Boiler #1 is leaking. But the steam supply has been shut down so... no danger, it only needs to be fixed."

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-14-2005 at 08:10 AM..
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC:
:
There, happy now Gretin
It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were on about. Then I realized...

IC:

Sefon's sharp eyesight picked up Stivik's movement, but Groll didn't notice.

Groll:"Heck, yeah! I figured that out not long after arriving. You know, this is the first factory I've worked at that has required me to go find the boss! I wouldn't have even come here if I hadn't been kicked out of FeeCo.

Sefon, guessing (almost correctly) that the black box was some sort of transmitting device, now spoke up.

Sefon:"Hey, give the poor guy a break. Look, he's taken over a factory that's been shut down for Odd knows how long, and you've seen the size of his work force! Maybe his not so harsh approach to mudokons is trying to encourage more to come work here? Most of the sligs don't do anything worthwhile."

07-15-2005, 02:25 AM
Splat

Stivik: "That's because they haven't been told what to do! in all other places they're set out work, not just left to wonder around. "Go on patrol for a while" doesn't really define that much. And most of the place was rebuilt and repaired to working-order before Arnie started here. It's just gone back down hill since. If terrorists want to destroy this place they better hurry up, or they'll get here and there'll be nothing left to destroy."

Groll was being perfect. The mud was beng quite useful too, the more he tried to defend Arnie, the worse Stivik could make him sound!

ooc: Dripik, You're a great guy, and it would be a real shame if Stivik got ya killed.

07-15-2005, 02:29 AM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

OOC: Been away for awhile.
P.S. Carl thinks Molluck handed over the factory to Arnie and does not know Molluck is dead or whatever.

Carl:"SHUT UP EVERYONE!"
*Looks at Arnie*
Carl:"Don't lie to me, Molluck would have told you when he handed the factory over to you."

07-15-2005, 06:49 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Floyd: "Wow, settle it down. Oh, you must be that screaming idi-, person who yelled through the intercom, that Arnie needed to be in the Boardroom. Thank you for doing that. And do you mind? We're talking here. Besides, what are you speaking about? Molluck's dead... or at least he vanished, right before this place was shutdown. So how could he do anything? And quit yelling at peoples faces. It'd be better for you to use that mouth of yours for some good work first, like helping other people out here. Then you'll have all the time to talk to Arnie.

And don't think you can ban me outta here for my behaviour, I'm an open machine checker, which is taught to be a little cheeky at your type o' gluks, can't be dismissed for that.

I'll add this, my report kinda says that this Dump is falling apart. So you'd better let Arnie read this before this exact spot falls down to the 2nd basement floor."

----(in the background)

Scruben: "That sounded really wise to me."
Boogie: "It did. He's outscored that gluk in my opinion."
Scruben: "Go Floy-"
Boogie: "Shut it."
Scruben: "Sorry."

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-15-2005 at 09:11 AM..
07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Arthur looked between everyone in puzzlement. "Wait, Floyd, who's this guy *pointing at Carl8 i thuoght it was arnie and his...assistant *pointing at Otto* also how do you write a report so quickly?"

OOC: Erm sorry, can'#t think of any mroe. i might not get oin tomorrrow, aas I'm in Spain, the PC's are always busy and it's pay per use.
07-15-2005, 09:09 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)
Blind Messing the souls. (Practising with good titles)

Floyd: "Hmm. This *points at Arnie* is Arnie, that's *points at Otto* ... I dunno... and that *points at Carl* has to be the dude the dude who screamed like a-- screamed through the intercom calling for him *points at Arnie*... never mind when. Does that clear anything?
Oh, how I do that? Simple, I write those reports down as soon as I've seen a malfunction or any other suspicious machinery. And I've had a cursus Speedwriting, hehe."

---(in background)

Boogie: "I knew that... Ok I didn't knew anything of those guys, just that he *points at Arnie* is Arnie."
Scruben: "This is getting annoying. I don't care who you're talking about. I can't see anything."
Boogie: "Oh, yea, ofcourse. Why am I talking anyway?"
Scruben: "This time, you shut it."
Boogie: "Sorry"

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-15-2005 at 01:53 PM..
07-15-2005, 11:22 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

OOC: Have a good time in Spain, MM!

How was this again, Splat? Sorry, I don't get it.

-------------------------------

RG-49 raised his rifle a little and looked into Carl's face.

RG-49: "Now, you don't want to raise your voice with the Boss of Rupture Farms, Glukkon organic. You might find yourself in an... uncomfortable situation."

Rick: "RG, shut it! He's an Executive..." he looked at Carl. "...by the looks, at least."

RG-49 turned to Rick.

RG-49: "I don't care, Mudokon organic. It doesn't make any difference."

RG-49 turned to Carl again.

RG-49: "You better belive what the Boss said, or you might as well leave... this way or another."

Rick slapped himself on the forehead and turns away.

Rick: "Why did I reactivate him in the first place?"

#7 Slig took the report from Floyd and read it.

#7 Slig: "...The machinery malfunctions are listed here, boss."

Arnie: "And how are they?"

#7 Slig: "Well, to tell you the thruth... They're messed up."

07-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

Sev overheard someone talking about repairs needing to be done. Sev waved his arms and shouted:

Sev:"Over here are three sligs excellent at repairing things!Please!"

Sev looked back at Snipe and Char and whispered:

Sev:"Um, you guys are good at repairs right? I'm trying to get us jobs."

Sev then stretched his legs as high as they went and wave his arms again and repeated his message.

07-15-2005, 09:24 PM
kjjcarpenter
Boombat Seeker

: Apr 2005
: Sydney, Australia
: 642
kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)kjjcarpenter  (748)

Carl at this point was turning red in the face.
Carl:"How dare you people talk to me like that!"
*Looks at everyone, Tucker, and then the self-destruction switch.*
Carl (with smile):"Tucker, I want you to kill them all, call a train, and then blow this place to a BLIVION!"
Tucker:"No."
*Holds gun to Carls head.*
Tucker:"Finnaly I have come to my senses, never again shall I take orders from the like of YOU! Arnie, he is not an important Glukkon, he may be an executive but he has killed sligs, slogs, Mudokons and even Glukkons so with your permission, shall I kill him."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

From inside the room 20 Shrinks came flying at Johnson, thinking fast Johnson pulled out his gun and aimed for a control system, but couldn't find one. The Shrinks caught Johnson and a message came out to the Board Room.

"MOLLUCK, THERE HAS BEEN AN INTRUDER IN SAM'S DAUGHTERS ROOM, COME COLLECT HIM IMEDIENTLY!"

07-16-2005, 03:47 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

ooc: *slaps self* oh deaar. No random characters!

IC:
Dek turned to Arnie "i was wondering, sseeing as we all need jobs, could i possibly geta job as a medic, as I am well qualified and have already operated on 2 workers today."
Arthur then spoke up too "yeah, and can I get a job that lets me sleep a lot!" he turns to Floyd "Hey, how do you know everyone here, you're still quite new, also, what's the point in doing a report, nothing ever gets done about faults, at least nothing was done at FeeCo."
07-16-2005, 07:47 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

Otto looked at Tucker, pointing the gun at Carl, then turned to Arnie with a grin on his face, longing.

Otto: "Please, let me answer that..."

Arnie: "No, I'll handle this. Thanks... I think it would be best if we took Carl to the proper authorities. He was planning to blow this place up - they must be a bit touchy about that after the Brewery. They will decide about his fate."

Arnie turned to Dek.

Arnie: "Ah, a permanent Vykkers surgeon working here. That's what we need. You're hired. If you have any further questions, then Otto will surely answer."

Otto: "Answering questions, right? I might as well work at the Magoh InfoNet."

Arnie: "Don't complain so much!"

Arnie spotted a waving hand, and then went to Sev and co.

Arnie: "Good at repairs, you say. We need you, then. We have some brakedown machinery needs to be fixed. #7 Slig, give him that report, OK? Uh, what was your name again?"

#7 Slig went to them and gave Sev the report.

07-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

Sev:"Uh, my name's Sev sir. This is Char and Snipe. We just got here a while ago, but I think we can get some repair work done."

Sev looked at the report and then showed it to Snipe and Char.

Sev:"Whaddaya say guys? Are ya ready?"

Sev then turned back towards Arnie and eyed Carl for a bit.

Sev:Uh...Thanks again, and please get that psycho Gluk outta here. I've seen stampedes of Scrabs and whole nests of angry paramites come running for my blood, but that guy freaks me out the most.

07-16-2005, 03:28 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Sefon guesses that Stivik is transmitting this conversation (well, he's going to transmit it), but he doesn't realize just what it's for. He's starting to see that Stivik is trying to get Arnie into trouble, at least.

Sefon:"Why would they even want to come here? It's not like there's 99 mudokons enslaved here; on the contrary, there's very few and they are here of their own will, which is saying something. Besides, 'terrorist' is just a label you industrials stick on anyone who doesn't fit in with the way you like things done. Even I've been called a 'terrorist' once.

Groll (muttering):"Gee, big surprise there."

Sefon:"We need more mudokons here, it's a well known fact that mudokons work harder than sligs."

Groll stopped and turned sharply to face Sefon.

Groll:"Oh, yeah? Stivik here may not know where you came from, but I do, and you know as well as I do that where you and I came from, most sligs worked just as hard as the muds. If they didn't..."
He lifted his hand up to his neck and made a cutting motion.

Groll:"And remember that dumb friend of yours, who broke the switch when he was busy daydreaming and just about blew me up? Or that time that you fooled the sligs into believing that the muds could have the rest of the day off? The muds were pretty lazy back there, if I remember right."

07-16-2005, 03:30 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)
Why? What?

Floyd (to Arthur): "There's nothing wrong at FeeCo. Actually, Abe only blew sligs and Gluks to Oblivion there. Certainly, some switches need to be pushed back and ofcourse some chant suppressors in place. But that's all.
And the point of me reporting things is, if I don't do a good job: factories possibly can't preform a lot, like this one; people can get hurt, like the lift we were on; and I can get fired by the Mud Training Camps Employment, the MTCE. They're very strict. But I've heared that they've became nicer all of the sudden.
And how I know a lot of people? I haven't got a clue what their real names are, but people tell me I've got a great insight."

Boogie: "Well Dek. It seems, you've got yerself a job again. And Scruben, why does Floyd know so much?"
Scruben: "Huh? Oh. I've uhm... he doesn't know that much. Not at all. What's with that question?
Boogie: "To be honest, I'm being suspicious. He knows a whole lot about Abe."
Scruben: "Quit talking about Abe. Floyd ju-... I should stop talking now."
Boogie: "Why?"
Scruben: "Private and rough stuff. It'd mess up the thoughts of everybody who hears his story. Without him telling it by himself."

*Boogie "lifted an eyebrow", and then sighed. It was quiet for a second.*

Boogie: "Sorry. I'm just curious. He seems to have had a very hard life. Yet he takes it so light."
Scruben: "When you know him like I do, you'll figure why."
Boogie: "I only have known him for... what? 5 hours?"

Floyd: "What are you talking about?"
Scruben: "It's nothing anymore. Don't worry."
Floyd: "I hope so, I don't want anyone to be suspicious for no reason."
Boogie: "We'll shut up."
Floyd: "Wise decision."
Boogie: "He does it again."
Scruben: "He's got many ways of speaking. Shut up."
Boogie: "Sorry."

OOC: This might read a bit weird, but I'm kinda sleepy. So don't mind the little mistakes.
And if anything is unclear. Feel free to ask.

Last edited by big bro boogie; 07-19-2005 at 02:14 PM..
07-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Splat

ooc: I have returned. Now let me continue...

Stvik: "From my experience, mudokons only work because they have sligs there to keep em in line! In this place we're not allowed to touch them, so half the time they don't work! Look at you now! You should be working but you're just walking along, chatting to your superiors!!! And actually, by terrorists we mean muds who run around nicking supplies, killing gluks and blowing up factories."

Last edited by Splat; 07-18-2005 at 02:15 AM..
07-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Nick: I'l go tell Stavik he can go help these guys with the repairing process boss.

Walks tordwards the door to go look for Stivik.

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

07-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

Sev turned to Char and Snipe.

Sev:"Well, I'm gonna go get to work on the lifts first. You guys can catch up right? See ya there."

Sev headed down to the nearest broken lift. He looked at it for a second and then opened up the control box and took out his tools.

Sev:"Man,I hope these things stay repaired, because I sure as hell want a raise if I'm told to do a muds job again. Hmmm...lessee here. Oh, there's the problem...."

Sev replaced a wire in the wiring and tested one of the buttons.The button flashed brightly. Sev grinned and put his equipment back.

Sev:"I hope there's no physical damage on this thing. other than that, I think I hear the elevator comin' down right now."

OOC:Sorry if the lifts weren't just malfuntioning. Tell me if they were totally demolished and I'll do something about it.

07-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Sefon:"Well, I can't say I've seen either of you working much here either! Whichever way you look at it, Arnie doesn't have an efficient enough work force. How can he bring the factory to maximum efficiency without that?"

He turned to leave before either slig could give him a proper answer.

Groll (to Stivik):"That guy is trouble. You might not be far off the mark with your terrorist thing."

He turns into a doorway leading to the trainstation.

Groll:"Ah, here we are, now I just need to wait for the train to arrive."

07-19-2005, 01:35 AM
Splat

Stivik: "He seemed a bit wierd, even for a mud! I recon there's nothing wrong with the workers here, it's that Arnie doesn't keep us organised. Half the time I don't know what I'm meant to be doing and when I offered to do a job, he said he'd get back to me about it but I never heard from him."

ooc: In case you were wondering, that's the looking after Anni thing. Now it comes to it, Stivik wouldn't be so thrilled if he did get that job now.

07-19-2005, 09:36 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC:
:
OOC:Sorry if the lifts weren't just malfuntioning. Tell me if they were totally demolished and I'll do something about it.
That lift err... yea.
It kinda crashed from the 4th floor. And they even could hear it crashing at the 4th floor... that'd mean It'd be totally wrecked.
And erhm, it didn't actually malfunction, it jammed and that'd be a physical problem.
But I am talking about the only lift that was reported by Floyd and that might be the only crashed lift.
Know what I'm saying?