Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

: Jun 2005
: Everywhere!
: 123
Jarnww  (10)

OOC:Thanks for interacting Perfectkirby!

Sev turned around at the sound of the slig voice and saw a slig with two pistols instead of the standard-issue blitz packer.

Sev:"Sorry mate, but I'm not the chief of security. I've been here for over an hour and I still don't know where he is. Nice pistols by the way. Where'd you get them? And more importantly, what's your name? Mine's Sev.

07-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

Groll grunted in answer to Dek and turned to walk away. He left the cafeteria and after walking some way came to the grinding area.

Groll(out loud):"Gah, more mess. This place is in bad need of a good sorting."

He walked up closer to the wreckage and started examining the grinders.

Groll's thoughts:"If I only had my equipment, I could probably get this thing running again."
He decided that that wouldn't be such a bad idea, and left the room in search of a fone to call Feeco Depot.

Sefon wandered about in the Stockyards, looking upward. He was sure something was coming soon - ah, there it was. A blue orb, exactly like the one he had sent away before, was slowly floating over the walls of the stockyards. He held up his hand and saw the orb shift direction to head towards it.
It landed neatly in his hand and he pulled it down and put both hands on either side of it. He squeezed it with his fingers and it started to glow purple.

07-10-2005, 11:26 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Welcome to W@RF, PerfectKirbyJr! That's a fine start there, you seem to be OK with RPing. Keep it up.

--------------------------------

Arnie turned to Nick.

Arnie: "You mean Stivik? I don't know much about him, I only saw him here in the Board Room back then. Why, what's he doing?"

Otto: "He's probably a source of arguement or something. And, didn't you notice that we have more Sligs than we need?"

Arnie: "Yeah, but... We've always been giving work for those who needed it."

RG-49: "If I may make a statement, Boss... Slig organics aren't as effective in factory jobs as Mudokon organics. Their primary function is to guard the factory and prevent actions hazardous for production efficiency. Meaning on riots and alike."

Otto: "So, the point is, we have Sligs to guard with, but over time, we will not have anybody to guard with them."

Last edited by dripik; 07-10-2005 at 11:29 PM..
07-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: Netherlands
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Nick: He's a cartel snoop, thats what. My bet is that he's trying to make you look bad so he can have the cartel shut this place down.

---

Math: Yea... good idea...

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

07-11-2005, 01:58 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

: Mar 2005
: England
: 1,815
Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Dek turned to Boogie and nodded "Yes, I definitely need a job. Arthur!" He called to Arthur, who was still chatting with Stivik "We've found Arnie. You still need to get a job?"
Arthur turned around and answered "Yeah, I'll be right with ya in a moment." He turned back to Stivik "2 or 3 years? No wonder I don't remember you. I worked there a looong time ago. Genetics research? Sounds interestin'. Tell me more when I come back, right now I got to see Arnie with the rest. Talk to you later!" He replied then hurried back to Boogie, Scruben, Floyd and Dek. "Right, which way?"
07-11-2005, 02:26 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Stivik smiled to himself. The more people who trusted him, the worse off he could make this place look. He picked up a can of expresso and drained it. He already had plety of condemning evidence here, what with Anni trying to escape and wasting work time painting flowers, the stockyard gates being left open for years, the main grinders being destroyed...

Speaking of which, he headed towards the grinders. It was still unnattended, but Stivik spotted Groll using a work fone. He stood back and waited for him to finish.

07-11-2005, 02:36 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

Arnie: "From the Cartel? That's not good."

Otto: "All you can say, right? I say, we better get rid of him before he does us in at the Cartel."

Arnie: "If we chuck him out from the factory, I'm sure that the first thing he'll do is to go to the Cartel and report in."

Otto: "OK, then there's the good ol' meat grinder solution."

Arnie: "No, the Cartel would know about it somehow."

RG-49: "And as a reminder, Apprentice, the meat grinders are broken down. It's no use throwing the Slig organic Stivik into them."

Arnie: "But there might be a chance..."

He looked at the door, and saw #7 Slig and Rick running in.

Arnie: "Maybe if we can confuse him..."

Otto: "Persuade, more like."

Arnie: "No, I mean, he must have something against my current way of directing. That I'm too nice to the workers and the lot. Maybe if I change my style a bit..."

Otto: "You mean that you'll act like a normal Glukkon?"

Arnie: "An ordinary Glukkon, yeah."

Otto: "Same thing."

07-11-2005, 07:30 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

: Jun 2003
: 744
big bro boogie  (10)

Boogie: "Errm... yea, somewhere above us."
Floyd: "I've never been there actually. But the map told me it was somewhere way back the grinding area and then a whole way up. But it didn't show any elevator there. So to be sure we'll have to take the long way. Which is down that hallway towards the point where Scrubby, Boogie and I left the directory. There is a manual-lifting platform there which can go a whole lot up, but we'll have to go up 2 by 1 for safety.
Lets see, we're here with five people. Boogie you're on steroids so you'll have to pull us up 1 by 1, ok?"

Boogie: "Fine..., but you'll have to look after Scruben then."
Floyd: "Ok, as long as you take to pull us up."
Boogie: "Odddamnit, okay, okay. Deal."
Floyd: "Okay, lets go."
*Floyd walks down the other hallway*
Boogie: "Hmpf."
*Boogie makes Scruben sit more comfortable on his back and starts following Floyd*

07-11-2005, 08:04 AM
PerfectKirbyJr
Zappfly

: Jul 2005
: Necrum Burial Grounds
: 8
PerfectKirbyJr  (10)

Snipe smiled at Sev. "My name's Snipe. I got these bad boys because there was a mix-up in the weapons department when they transfered me, so I got two pistols instead of the regulation size shot-blaster." Snipe said, showing Sev one of his guns. "They are made for Singular Fugitives and Small Fugitive Groups. They can't take on a Large amount of people. The good thing is that they don't kick a lot, and they do some pretty decient damage." Snipe put his pistol back in it's holster. "Well, maybe if we can find the Cheif of Security, we can get outta here and start doin some work." Snipe said. "But.....that's the problem.....I have NO idea where he is.....any ideas?" Snipe asked Sev.
07-11-2005, 09:37 AM
MudokonGodWorshipMe!
Fuzzle

: Slig Barracks
: 102
MudokonGodWorshipMe!  (10)

Char had just stepped out of the train, along with a few other sligs. He waved to them and said "kay, just gotta get me a weapon. catch up with ya later!" He saw Jarnww and smiled. "hey, how you doin?" he asked, his third and forth legs trailing behind him

07-11-2005, 09:53 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)Munch's Master  (745)

Dek followed them quikly while Arthur sighed. "1 by 1? Ah great, we'll never get there. And who'll bring Boogie up once he's sent us all up eh? All of us together can't winch him up, after all, he is a Big Bro."
Dek turned back to him "Arthur stop complaining. This is the quickest and only way to Arnie, and I',m sure we can all get Boogie up there."

Arthur grumbled into his face tentacles and hurried up after them.
07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: MM, lets say Boogie will bring Arthur, Dek, Scruben, Floyd, And Himself up.
PS: May I say Floyd and co. just once? If not, I'll change it.
--IC--

*Floyd and co. arrived at the lift.*
Floyd: "Okay? Who first?"
Boogie: "I'll take Scrubby up first, then you, then Dek and then Arthur. Ok?"

Floyd: "Okay. Scrubby, hold Boogie tight, it's a long way down."
Scruben: "Why'd you had to say that?"
Floyd: "Sorry."

*Boogie steps onto the lift and starts pulling it up. Suddenly he halts*

Boogie: "Floyd! Which floor?"
Floyd: "Take it up to floor 4!"
Boogie: "What? Floor whore? Oh floor 4! Gotcha."

*Boogie pulls the lift up to floor 4*

Boogie: "There we are. I'll put you down here, okay?"
Scruben: "Put me down where?"
Boogie: "Somewhere safe from falling down into the unknown deep hazards of this dump okay?"
Scruben: "Sounds good to me."
Boogie: "See ya." *Starts moving down again. Arrives at Floyd*

Floyd: "He safe?"
Boogie: "You'll see. Hop on."
*Floyd hops on.*
*Boogie moves the lift up.*
Floyd: "2, 3, 4. We're here."

Boogie: "You go sit next to Scruben. I'm going down."
*Boogie goes down*

Boogie: "Dek, coming up?"

OOC: Will he come up? That's for Munch's Master to decide.

07-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

OOC: Yeah of course he's comnig up. Oh and in boring, long, uneventful thingfs like this were there's only 1 real action, you can control my guys if you want, except for speech. It just speeds it up and skips the dull stuff.

IC: Dek waddled onto the platform "Certainly, I do find it annoying that it must be 1 by 1, as we might miss him. He may have left the room now. Oh well." He made sure he had his medical tools and gripped tightly onto the winch ropes with his 3 free claws.

Arthur just stood idly there and scrabbled around once again in his pants compartment he ahd made, finally producing a cigar. "Well, it may not be lungbusters, but it's better than nothing." he explained to Boogie before popping it in his mouth and lighting it.
07-11-2005, 03:52 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

Boogie: "Awright, going up." *Boogie goes up, and reaches floor 4.*
Boogie: "Go and wait with Floyd, Dek. I'm going down." *Boogie goes down*
Boogie: "Hop on Arthur." (OOC: Ok, I'm controlling for just this once.)
*Arthur stepped on and Boogie went up. Arrives at floor 4*

Boogie: "Ok, step off. What? This thing jams."

Floyd: "Boogie, I'd suggest that you go offa that thing. Like, Now!"
*Boogie walks off carefully.*
Floyd: "Ever since the time of Abe, not all things are checked and fixed. I've reported this lift as "Bad machine" a While ago, but with these incidents here, it could crash down this instant. Lets move.
And oh, don't forget Scrubby."

Boogie: "Bastard."
*Boogie walks up to Scruben and makes him sit on his back again.*
*Floyd walks to the right a while.*
*Boogie follows*

Floyd: "This is the right place, old "Meech Munchies" posters. Abe's time."
Boogie: "What are you talking about? You don't know that Abeguy. Do you?"
Floyd: " *sighs* Never mind."

*Floyd starts walking forwards again. A loud unexpected crashing sound echoing from deep places.*
Floyd: "Hmm, *turns back* What the?! Boogie, that lift we were on,"
Boogie: "You don't mean that."
Floyd: "I do: That caused the crashing sound."

Boogie: "This place is falling apart. How far is it?"
Floyd: "We need to find the door which leads us to the Boardroom. You see that green-ish color there? That's the door."
Boogie: "It's open?"
Floyd: "Yeah, people seem to know we're coming."
*Floyd walks to the door and waits for the others to arrive.*
*Boogie follows.*

07-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

Groll found a fone and soon was waiting for someone to answer at the other end.
A few moments passed, then a slig's voice came through:
(OOC: Sorry about the random character, I couldn't think of any other way to do it)

Slig:"Hey, I'm here. Who's there?"

Groll:"Hey, Berk, it's Groll here." *silence* "Uh, is my metal-working equipment still there at my locker, or has it been removed?"

Berk:"Hang on a sec..."

A few moments pass, then

Berk:"Yep, they're here alright. Why, whad'da ya want with them?"

Groll:"I need them here, I'm gonna try my hand at fixing something... could you send them on the next train to Rupturefarms?"

Berk:"Yeah, sure, whatever. Bye."
He hung up abruptly.

Groll stood there for a moment, then headed for the trainstation to wait, not noticing Stivik.

Sefon squeezed the orb with his fingers and it turned a purple colour. Then a voice came out of it:
"Hey, Sefon, this is Marn. The guys thought this would be good practice for me. Anyway, down to business, no one else has had any luck finding it, either, he seems to have hidden away pretty well. But one of the other mudokons thinks from your description of the room that it's possibly where Abe was hung up to await the grinders, before Molluck got zapped. So they don't think that there's much chance of it being there, it wouldn't hurt to check though, I suppose. They're thinking about sending another mudokon down there where you are, but I don't know whether they've come to a decision or not, things seem to be running pretty slowly over here. This is Marn from the converted mudokon fortress."

With that, the orb just faded away to nothing. Sefon scowled for a moment, then turned to walk back into RuptureFarms again.

07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

OOC:Um, MudokonGod, my character's name is Sev, not Jarnww . Also,I don't think there are NPCs allowed in this RP, so the "other sligs" in the train probably shouldn't be there. Just a couple small things to point out.

Sev was about to answer Snipe when he heard another slig address him.

Sev:"Yo. Um, Before you ask, I'm not the chief of security. Snipe and I have been looking for im' for a while, and I'm guessing he's in the Boardroom."

Sev looked at the Big Bro slig with a look which mixed awe and fear.

Sev:"My name's Sev, and I just got here a couple of hours ago. Seems like there's a huge supply of sligs, but not alot of muds.

This is a pretty odd place so far.I don't know what's been happening here, but I think something may be wrong with management if the specs on the damge report is correct. This is one messed up meat plant."

07-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Arthur turned around at the crash
"Oh Odd! How do we get down now? This place is a deathtrap. We couda been killed on that!"
Dek turned too "Hmm, this place is definitely not safe. Where are the other lifts?"

Arthur had recovered from the shock by now and hurried up to catch up with the others, talking to Floyd "Yeah, Abe was supposedly here alright. Hey Floyd, you seem to know a bit about him, did you ever used to work here in the old days?"
07-12-2005, 02:30 AM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

OOC: I'm working a bit on Floyds backstory, and it isn't completely bulletproof, yet, so I'll try to work on it.

--IC--
Floyd: "Nah, not really. I worked here before as normal system checker, but... Never mind."

Boogie: "What's up with him?"
Scruben: "Sad story."
Boogie: "Awright."

Floyd: "Other lifts? Errm... Let me remember. There are, yes. But these only go upward. Maybe the Boardroom has an other exit.

Boogie: "Possibly, besides, how did they all arrive here?"
*Boogie points at a group of people.*
Scruben: "I don't know, I don't see anything."
Floyd: "We know. Hey, that's that robotic thingy."
*Floyd points at RG"

Boogie: "Hey yea, what's that doing here."
Floyd: "Lets find out."
*Floyd walks in*
*Boogie also walks in. He spots Arnie.*

Boogie: "Hey Floyd, it's the Boss. Yo Boss! We've got people transferred here who need jobs. And um,-"
*Boogie notices the place is a bit filled up*
Boogie: "Maybe it's an idea to ask for more lower executives?

07-12-2005, 02:40 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Arthur turned to Boogie and muttered "i don't think there are any other Glukkons here. If there where I bet I would've seen one managing the train station."

Dek pushed his way through "Excuse me! Arnie! Arnie! We are all in need of employment here, as these Sligs and mudokons haven't been assigned jobs yet, and I am a currently unemployed medical doctor. So we'd be very greatful if you could help us out!"
07-12-2005, 05:10 AM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

Stivk walked over to Groll as he left the grinders. If you want Gretin, he can be walking beside Groll as they talk and you can keep going to the trainstation.

Stivik: "Hi, you alright? Who were you on the fone to?"

07-12-2005, 06:10 AM
Havoc
Cheesecake Apocalypse

: May 2003
: 9,976
Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)Havoc  (4126)

Nick: A normal Glukkon? And here I was just starting to like not being bossed around all the time... *sighs*. How about you just boss Stavik around, have him do all the nasty tasks and stuff and let him see what kind of a Glukkon you realy are!

When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion.

07-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

Sev noticed how crowded the Boardroom had got.He turned to Char and Snipe and shrugged.

Sev:"Well, I dunno what you guys think, but I think it's gettin' a little crowded in here. I say we just go on a normal patrol, get some matinence done so that the lifts, doors and grinders work and hope that we'll get noticed later. Who knows, we might get a promotion. Whaddaya say?"

07-12-2005, 10:03 AM
MudokonGodWorshipMe!
Fuzzle

: Slig Barracks
: 102
MudokonGodWorshipMe!  (10)

Char: Yea, and we can get some scrab cakes on the way, too!

07-12-2005, 01:53 PM
big bro boogie
Sewer Sleg

big bro boogie  (10)

*Floyd sat down*
Boogie: "This is gonna take a looong time."
Floyd: "Tell me about it. This height brings up nasty memories."
Boogie: "What?"
Floyd: "The slavery in this Dump. When I was 14 or something, I worked here as system-checker. Abe has been my friend. Hah, he beat me offa the "Employee of the year" rank. A while later, I got transported back to Feeco. That's about the time Abe started escaping."

Boogie: "Hah, that must be like, a bummer. I'm sorry. You can keep the story to yourselves if you want. Abe's been a real pain to us Industrials. This can cause argues, so lets not go further into that Abeguy."
Floyd: "Yeah, true. I'll hush. And wait."
Boogie: "And wait..."

07-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

Sev:"So, where were you guys posted before you came here? I used to work at a Slig Equipment Lab. Yea.....Those were the good ole days. I had a Vykker friend there named Mitch who would always let me try the advanced stuff out, and he sometimes let me keep it."

Sev points to his pants.

Sev:"See these? These can go from land pants to flyin' pants in seconds. It was lotsa fun shooting all those Paramites and Scrabs from the sky and on the ground."

"The test was a complete success, and I hoped that more would be manufactured so that Abe would finally get wasted by one of us. They were also working on pocket chant supressors. Unfortunately, somethin' really bad happened, and now nothing new is being developed."

07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: Yep, that sounds fine to me, Splat.

IC:

Groll:"Oh, hey. I'm on my way to the trainstation. That was one of my old work mates from Feeco, I was asking for my metal-working gear. I'm gonna have a go at fixing those grinders, (sarcastically) unless they want them left as they are."

07-12-2005, 09:25 PM
PerfectKirbyJr
Zappfly

: Necrum Burial Grounds
: 8
PerfectKirbyJr  (10)

Snipe looked at Sev. "It might be good to go on normal patrol, but then again, it MIGHT get us in trouble for not being where we are suppposed to be. Let's just keep trying to find us an official, and I think we might just get an actual post. Personally, I hope I get security. I hear there have been too many incidents involving those Mudokons around here in the past sevral years. One name comes to mind......Abe.....yeah that's it. Damn mudokon terrorist blew the place to hell one day.....I'd LOVE to get a crack at him one day, but I hear he's not around theise parts anymore......ah well.....let's go, eh? I wanna get to work." Snipe said to Sev and Char.
07-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Splat

Stivik smirks. "I doubt that. It'll be a pretty big job though, I mean, you saw the state of that place. You really think you can tackle it on your own? There are a lot of other sligs that are good at machanics, that guy Nick for example, you should ask Arnie to get you some help." And hopefully he'll be to busy to pay any attention, that wouldn't make him look good!

07-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Jarnww
Fuzzle

Jarnww  (10)

Sev:"Meh. sounds good to me. I really hope that the chief isn't in here, cause I can't see him at all."

"There's a lot of sligs here though. Do ya think maybe they're overemployed with us? Ah screw it. Someone important should be here somewhere."

Sev stretched his legs as high as he could to look over the huge amount of workers in the Boardroom.

Sev:"Ya know, this wouldn't happen if we had Molluck. I can't say I've met him, but if there were this many workers in this room, he'd have em ground up."

"He'd also make sure that those elevators were fixed too. OH wait guys, I think I see him. Unfortunately, he's near the middle."

07-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Munch's Master
Outlaw Mortar

Arthur looked at Floyd in pity "Sounds real hard. I won't pry though. At least you're in a better factory now.2 He spat out his cigar and lit up anther one, to have something to do while waiting. Dek however was admonishing Boogie
"Didn't I tel lyou no strenuous exercise? And yet you carry Scruben everywhere and manually use that lift! You'll have to stop doing so much physical activity so you don't strain your healing lungs." Dek chided him.
"Oh lay off him, without him doing that we wouldn't be here waiting for Arnie." Arthur snapped at him.