Oddworld Forums > Zulag Three > Oddworld RPG

10-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

: Jan 2005
: Lost in Space
: 818
Gretin  (167)Gretin  (167)

OOC: Just a note, the RG, SU-01, Hembar, and Crunchy are all in the basement in a room which is all shut up at the moment, so Uggs couldn't really be in the same area.

And to those of you who are waiting to be hired, I think it's worth pointing out that you don't have to wait to be hired before even posting, that's not really the point. If you think that, I can see why you're frustrated, as it does sort of conflict if we said you can't post till you get hired but it's so hard to actually get hired. But that's not what we're saying.

You can't just have your character have a job without being hired by the boss, but that doesn't mean you can't do anything at all. The whole thing can be worked into the game; sure, it's hard to get at Arnie, but that's something that your characters can deal with. Think about what they'd do if they were really on Oddworld, they arrive at this factory and they try to find the boss, but he's locked himself up in his office, so what do they do now? That's up to you, they're your characters. But by no means does it mean you're not allowed to post anything at all.

Take a look at some of the earlier versions of W@RF, you'll see that it is incredibly frequent for characters not to get given jobs very quickly, but those characters find other things to do to keep themselves busy. They find other characters to talk to and sometimes, as what's just happened between Grace and Skleros, the existing characters can let the unemployed characters help them for the time being until they get officially employed.

From memory my own character Ralph was never officially given a job to do until the start of this version of W@RF. Just some stuff to consider.

10-09-2009, 11:42 PM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: Apparently, you're serious about an armed Mudokon entering a factory and asking for a job, Mars. Well, here it goes then... I'll asume that Mars knocked on the Office's door.

[Gretin posts in the meantime] Exactly. But I see what all this goes down to, and it's Arnie's inactivity. I shall fix that now.

Who knows, I might post here more often from now on. I'd be sort of a "relief text typing", compared to my thesis paper. I can't grant anything, but seeing that I came here and started replying, instead of homework or even gaming, it could be sign.

----------------------------------------

"Hold on." said Arnie, sitting at his table in his office. Apparently, a knock on the office door interrupted a conversation he had with someone on the Fone. Throb, throb... His temple was still at it.

He stood up from his chair and grudgingly went to the door. "I hope you have a good reason..." he shouted at the door generally. He said "Open" to the door console, after which the heavy door slid open, revealing a Mudokon. Arnie's eyes flew wide open, seeing that the newcomer had all sorts of Native weaponry with him.

"CLOSE AND LOCK!" he yelled at the console again, jumping back while the door thundered down back into its place, and there was a clicking sound. Arnie took deep breaths to calm himself down.

"Hey, you still there? Is everything OK?" The voice came from the computer on Arnie's desk. The Glukkon he had a conversation with must have heard the proceedings.

Arnie went back to the desk. "Uh, sure, just a minor misunderstanding here, I'll take care of it. Listen, just send the equipment I asked for, alright?"

"Settled, a train will leave with it shortly. Just what exactly is going on..."

"End." said Arnie to the computer, and the connection hung up. "Announcement." he said, and a window appeared on screen, indicating him to start speaking.

"To all factory security! To start with, I'd like to congratulate you on the amazing work you're doing here. The walls of this factory are impenetrable because of your presence. It's only a minor blotch on your sheet that an armed Native Mud made it to my office without any of you noticing!" he shouted the last sentence.

----------------------------------------

Rick was on the floor of his cage, trying to reach a small tin cup that was lying on the storage floor not too far from him. Finally, he managed to scrape it closer to his cage and took it. He sat up and started clanking on the cage bars rythmically while singing tonelessly.

"In a cage I sit like Scrabs and Meeches,
They stuffed me in here with awful screeches..."

10-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

: Oct 2008
: France, Franche-Comté, Jura
: 144
Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----
Lol, not only Arnie have an headache, now he nearly had an heart-attack. Man, running a factory in Oddworld isn't that easy

-----IC-----

Hearing the announcement the boss just made, SU-01 recovered his logical, robotic personality and thought quickly.

Perfect ! Maybe I can capture this Mudokon by myself after all.

Without moving, he said : "RG, one of us is required at the boss office. You should go since you're supposed to be the boss bodyguard or something. I can manage the situation by myself. The target is cornered, I have its heat signature locked, tranquilizers ammo in both of my guns and that meech who just fell off the ceiling is not a threat."

If at first, you don't succeed, Use Yur Imagination

Feel free to check my Deviantart Gallery. I've some Oddworld art in there.

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 10-10-2009 at 03:13 AM..
10-10-2009, 06:27 AM
MeechPacker
Zappfly

: Oct 2009
: UK
: 8
MeechPacker  (10)

thank you what can my character be?
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

: Mar 2009
: :noiƚɒɔo⅃
: 9,743
MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

Any Oddworld species - just keep it practical. A Slurg character won't be very interesting.

EDIT: That last bit wasn't a rule, just some friendly advice.

Last edited by MeechMunchie; 10-10-2009 at 06:37 AM..
10-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Splat
Chameleonic Lifeforms, No Thanks!

: Oct 2002
: Merrie olde Englande
: 4,539
Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: I recommend you start easy with slig or mudokon. If you decide to go slig, don't be hyper-violent. You can be bad-tempered, but don't go crazy! If you decide to be a mud, I'd recommend not being a native or a terrorist, as these can be quite hard to control, as Gretin just pointed out.
But its up to you

Dripik, your post made me laugh so hard i think i broke my chair. Arnie's reaction was incredible. AFTER 9 PARTS SOMEONE FINALLY NOTICES THE NATIVES!!!
Psychocath, you can have Skleros follow Grace if you want.

IC:
"To all factory security! To start with, I'd like to congratulate you on the amazing work you're doing here. The walls of this factory are impenetrable because of your presence. It's only a minor blotch on your sheet that an armed Native Mud made it to my office without any of you noticing!"

By the word 'without' Grace was already running full-pelt back towards the boss's office, leaving Skleros in his dust. How on Oddworld had he let a mud sneak into the office behind him? He'd been standing by the door up until a minute ago!

Five seconds later he burst triumphantly into the lobby outside the boss's office to the executive rest room (doing lasting damage to the door) and with an almost primal roar of "FREEZE, MUD!" he was leaping towards the 'native', swinging his blitzpacker (not his normal weapon-of-choice but very good when you wanted to leave a nice dent in someone's skull) with all of his strength towards it.

ooc: Your choice if he hits, Mars. Obviously I don't intend to do permanent harm to your character

IC:
"It's pretty simple," Jim replied, calming down a little, "Meat comes through thhat little hatchways and down the conveyor and gets ground up and then over there it gets pounded. Basically we just make sure it's getting mushed up properly and I guess we stop the machine if it doesn't..."

At that point Ralph appeared in the door and shouted if he could help. Jim remembered him and thought he was a it creepy, but Anni called out instantly, "Yeah, you can help!" Jim sighed, thinking that this dark mud was about to find himself doing a whole lot more work than Anni was, but at that point there was an announcement from overhead.

When the speakers had rung into silence, Jim glanced up at the towering hulk of outlaw, and sighed. Things had been going so well...
Anni looked slightly torn as to what to do, but for the moment settled herself by commenting indignantly, "I think that's like the first time I've heard Arnie call us 'muds'!"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Not much of interest had been happening in the warehouse. Dionysia had spent most of the morning leaning moodily against the wall listening to the mudokon bustling around feeding meat into the machinery while trying to out-stare Arthur (even though she couldn't see his eyes cus of his mask), but the sudden announcement from overhead made her jump, and then grin. "Factory security, that means me, sliggy-boy, specially designed for dealing with natives. You better stay here and watched the mud! Ciao!" And Dionysia ran out of the warehouse as quickly as she could. Finally, something interesting to do!

IC: Yay, got Dionysia back in! At last! (Sorry MM.)
I think Jim was quite reassured to be back doing actual work. He's a pretty simple guy when all's said and done.

Last edited by Splat; 10-10-2009 at 10:15 AM..
10-10-2009, 11:14 AM
MeechPacker
Zappfly

MeechPacker  (10)

Thank you guys, well, seeing as a meech character would probably be out of the question...

Name: Muchu
Race: Mudokon
Appearance: Just your average mudokon, a little more rough looking on account of growing up in the woods, also a little stockier, his head feathers are a mess.
Personality: Freindly, a little dim as he is un-educated, angry if somebody picks on or hurts one of his friends.
Equipment: He wears a ragged, red headband around his head, an elum-leather pouch tied around his waist and a stick, used as more of a protection than a walking aid, as he is still quite young, and offcourse a classic mudokon loincloth.
History: Raised in the woods by a pack of wild meeches, muchu knows nothing about his history, having never met other mudokons before, muchu is rather dim-witted, but has a warm heart and is very friendly. As muchu grew older, he adopted the meeches defensive nature, and became their protectorate. Until one day Muchu's pack was attacked by the sligs of rupture farms, capturing his pack, and enslaving him. nothing pains muchu more than learning that the closest thing that he had to a family, was hunted to extinction and made into nothing more than a tasty snack made by rupture farms, muchu wishes to one day, escape rupture farms, and learn the real truth behind the dissapearing of the legendary meeches.

I hope thats ok, let me know what you think.

Last edited by MeechPacker; 10-10-2009 at 12:13 PM..
10-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Splat

Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)Splat  (2194)

ooc: If you didn't know, I feel I should tell you that this RPG is set long after Abe's Oddysee (and the extinction of meeches); Rupture Farms was shut down and reopened by Arnie, the boss of the factory.
Also, there are no random characters allowed in the RPG.
And finally, your character needs to arrive at the factory to start - you can't just say he's been there all along (cus someone would have noticed ). Most people arrive by train.
I just wanted to make sure all that was clear. But otherwise, you look like you could do well; you've got a good bio!

10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

: Aug 2009
: Oddworld Forums, Internet
: 682
MarsMudoken  (78)
Exclamation I'm screwed.

OOC: I wait months for Dripik to listen, and now everyone wants me dead! OH THAT'S JUST BRILLIANT!!! Well, I should have seen this coming with my luck. However I'm reckless. That's both a blessing and a curse. And this is an example of the latter...
PS: I don't know many names here. I know Skleros is a slig and Arnie's a glukkon but that's about it. However that's a big-bro slig trying to kill me right? Hope it is.

IC: After knocking the door, it opens to a glukkon.
"Yib-"
"CLOSE AND LOCK!"screamed the glukkon as he jumped back, looking like he was about to have a heart attack. The door slammed in Mars's face, him rather surprised at the glukkon's reaction. He wondered why...oh right, the spear and bow. He stood there, startled, when the glukkon's voice came from the speakers:

"To all factory security! To start with, I'd like to congratulate you on the amazing work you're doing here. The walls of this factory are impenetrable because of your presence. It's only a minor blotch on your sheet that an armed Native Mud made it to my office without any of you noticing!"

oops.

Mars spun around at the sound of footsteps. Metal footsteps. He suddenly saw a rather small big bro slig running at him with what he recognized as a blitzy-thingy. However this one was swinging it. Mars immediately realized there was only one thing that could save him.

Mars's tattoo on his right hand (it's not useless you know) suddenly shined a brilliant cobalt hue. It's glow suddenly snaked across his body to his legs, where it became clearer. He jumped out of the way and ran like heck, alot faster than he should have. He needed to find somewhere to hide, and fast.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 10-11-2009 at 09:15 AM..
10-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Splat

ooc: Grace is bigger than a normal slig but small for a big-bro. Most people assume he is a big-bro, so no worries...
If you need to find out what a character is, you can search for them in the W@RF profile thread (or just ask).

IC:
Grace spun on his heels as the mudokon dived aside incredibly fast and shot through the door behind him, a blur of light, faster than he could follow. Grace ran to the door and (changed weapon by now to something with more of a killing-motif) shot at the mud down the corridor, but it vanished round the corner without him hitting it (as far as he could tell - the best he could hope for was that he'd injured it, but it hadn't slowed down so he didn't hope too much).

He hurried back to the office door and hammered on it with his fist, "The mud's gone, sir. I almost got it, but it was too fast, I mean unnaturally fast." Then he muttered to himself, "Creepy voodoo savages."

ooc: As far as I'm bothered, Grace completely missed Mars. However, if you want him injured, that's entirely up to you.

Last edited by Splat; 10-11-2009 at 04:23 AM..
10-11-2009, 07:27 AM
MeechPacker
Zappfly

MeechPacker  (10)

but all of that did happen to him a long time ago when he was a kid, so meeches would have been extinct for most of his life, sorry i didnt point that out
10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: HA! A narrow escape by ME! Well I'm still Rupture Farms Most-Wanted, but I'm uncatchable! However, although I didn't get hit by that gun from Grace he wants to kill me. Gonna have to work my speed magic to the limit...

IC: "AHHHHH" Mars screamed as a bullet winged by his foot. He wasn't caring where he was going so long as it was away from that psycho! He needed a job here but what was he supposed to do? That bullet was probably meant to kill so diplomacy just meant 10 years waiting at the revival place. He hadn't died once and he didn't plan to just yet...

So what was he supposed to do?

He couldn't leave. That would just mean he'd wasted his time here and he was NOT taking that feco-train cause it takes WAY to long. WAITAMINUTE! He could send for backup! Connor, his brother, had heard about his antics by now! He might come...except he really, really, REALLY hates me...

hmm...I still need to hide.

Mars sprinted around, not even tired. His legs still glowing blue, he ran, thinking if it was even possible to get a job here...

OOC: It's true, Connor was LMAO-ing about Arnie's speech today, and might join. I really need an ally here...

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 10-11-2009 at 12:16 PM..
10-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: I'll wait until Dripik posts as RG again before I do anything with Hembar.

IC:

In response to Anni's answer, Ralph walked over to the other mudokons and the outlaw. He was about to say something but then the speakers blared out with Arnie's alarm.

Ralph rolled his eyes, "Doesn't sound like anyone in this factory does their jobs properly. Anyway, I know the boss didn't assign me to this job, but my job was up there in the packaging area, along with two other people who never bothered to show up. So I figured I'd come down here and help get things started and then maybe someone could help me out up there."

10-13-2009, 04:19 AM
dripik
Maintain Integrity

: Aug 2002
: Budapest, Hungary
: 2,116
dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)dripik  (997)

OOC: MarsMud, with some interaction with the existing characters, your character can get allies. There are quite a few Mudokons in the factory, so if you hid and then approached them when nobody sees, you might be able to gain a few friends for Mars. I don't think you need another character just to do this (I'm asuming 'Connor' would be a character, not an RL-friend who wants to join W@RF).

Now I'm really interested in your plans with Hembar, Jimmy. RG will play along for now.

----------------------------------

"Oh, so he ran away." said Arnie to Grace from the other side of the door. "Well, that's settled then. I mean, you probably scared him so much that he's halfway to Necrum now or wherever they live." he said sarcastically. "Unless I'm wrong, there are security cameras in the factory. And matching screens in the Security Office. I'm sure you'll work out the rest."

----------------------------------

RG, hearing Arnie's announcement and SU-01's reaction, turned around quickly and left the room. He took the lift up to the ground floor and sped off. Through Production Lines, past the workshop, up the Executive Lifts, he finally arrived to the Office's outer door. He looked around, but didn't see anyone.

Then he heard metallic steps. He turned around with his rifle at the ready, only to see #7 Slig running from the Lab's direction.

"RG, is everything OK?" he said, slowing down and stopping in front of RG.

"If you mean the Boss' condition, I do not know yet. Seeing that he managed to make an announcement after meeting the Mudokon organic, I would guess that he is unharmed. We should investigate nonetheless."

"Right." said #7 Slig. They entered the lobby, seeing Grace there.

"Unidentified Slig organic. What is your business here?" said RG to Grace.

10-13-2009, 05:56 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: Okay I did my research. I'm looking for Jim. Where is he Splat?

10-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

Before I post IC and possibly make a mistake, I'll have to ask you : Does grabbing someone's character count as godmodding/RPGing against the rules, or whatever it's called ?

I know from experience that killing or knocking off someone's character is forbidden (obviously) but I don't know what's permitted and I wish not to screw something up again. A little advice please ?

10-14-2009, 09:59 AM
T-nex
Frosties and Buttsex

: Aug 2003
: Denmark
: 4,811
T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)T-nex  (3441)

:
-----OOC-----

Before I post IC and possibly make a mistake, I'll have to ask you : Does grabbing someone's character count as godmodding/RPGing against the rules, or whatever it's called ?

I know from experience that killing or knocking off someone's character is forbidden (obviously) but I don't know what's permitted and I wish not to screw something up again. A little advice please ?
Can I help here?
Ok when it comes to stuff like this I'd always do 'half-finished' moves and let the other part decide what happens. Like you could do it like this:

"X did stuff blablabla then he spotted Y and reached out to grab his arm(Owner of Y decides is arm is grabbed)"

Although you could probably leave out the part with the parenthesis:

""X did stuff blablabla then he spotted Y and reached out to grab his arm."

This in itself is harmless enough that the owner of Y can decide "Hey, he didn't get grabbed" as the movement isn't set. You didn't write "X grabbed Y's arm."

So this is a bulletproof way of doing what you're trying to do, but honestly I think that for such minor things it SHOULD be allowed to simply just grab someone without the other parts approval because it's not something that significantly changes anything.
Wil siger (17:13):
Hey, I have massive nuts. :@

============

10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Splat

EDIT: Ooh, Nexy beat me to it.

ooc; I think grabbing someone is ok as long as it's physically probable for your character to do so, but you might want to give the other player the option to contradict your post if they don't want it to happen. Most players will let it happen as long as it makes sense, cus it makes the story more interesting

Eg.
Player A.
Al grabbed Bob by the arm. (ooc: I hope that's ok with you, Player B; you can ignore that if you want)

Really as long as its physically likely to happen and it won't significantly injure the other character then it's usually ok.

Mars, you can find out where Jim is if you read back.

IC:
Grace growled to himself; this glukkon was a pain in the rear end, and an utter moron; these traits were bad enough alone, but Grace hated the people who had both (and he'd met far too many before to have any patience for them now). Anger beginning to flare he answered brusquely, "Yes sir, I am aware that I could be doing more to track down your invader but I thought ensuring that he doesn't come back here, break down your door and possess you was slightly more of a priority for the time being. If it doesn't upset you then I'll be staying here until someone else comes to make sure you stay protected."

A few moments later, a slig and some freaky robot thing entered the lobby. The robot asked him where he was, but he had little regard for what he saw as just another over-glorified toaster and ignored it. "'Boss is inside the office," Grace told the slig, "I chased the native off; would have killed it but it had some voodoo power to make itself faster." He gave the door behind him a kick, "Boss wants someone to go to the security office - wherever that is - and track it down; I was just waiting for someone else to come so we don't have to leave the boss unguarded. I'm rubbish with computers but I'll help track the thing down; I've been killing natives longer than you've been alive," He glared mistrustfully at #7 Slig.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dionysia had had to use the main lifts, not being able to work the voicelocks on the executive lifts, and so she was a little slower getting to the middle floor, but now she burst through into the boss's office and looked around. She took in the two sligs, the robot she'd seen around and the complete lack of native muds and glared at #7 Slig, "Don't tell me; one of you idiots came bursting in here cannons blazing and let it get away?"

ooc: Jim is in the production lines on the ground floor, along with mudokons Anni and Ralph and an outlaw called Skullik.
I've updated the W@RF map; it now has a slaughter house (which seemed sort of necessary for a factory that turns animals into novelty meat products, and I'm pretty surprised I didn't think of it before). I'm gonna put the new version in the first post.

Last edited by Splat; 10-14-2009 at 10:07 AM..
10-14-2009, 04:22 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)
Happy

OOC: Anni? I saw the profiles and she would be nice to talk to. Thank Olympus I'm not a vykker. And Jim seems to be scared of natives...drat.

IC: Mars sneaked along the hallways, keeping to the shadows. He had acquired a map, so he knew where he was going. Barely. He had also been able to find a list of most of the employees. Now he could get some friends.

He wandered into the production lines, spotting a couple muds and this freaky, ugly thing. One of them was weirdly colored, but looked friendly. That must be "Annie".
He could trust her but those other guys looked mean. Plus he was already RF MW. Hmmm.

OOC: The more you plan a plan the more it can screw up. Take it from an expert. No, not an expert planner, an expert screwer-upper.

Last edited by MarsMudoken; 10-14-2009 at 04:38 PM..
10-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----IC-----

Now that RG has gone away, SU-01 was finally alone with the female mudokon. Since he started to chase her, now has been the best opportunity to capture her and gain if not respect, at least credibility. He came closer to Hembar, ready to tie her arms together and escort her right to the boss office but as he approached, he took a closer look to her face. Then he froze, his arm half extended towards Hembar. The voice he heard previously in his head was back and much, much louder. It was repeating one thing and one thing only : "Abort". Everytime the voice spoke, the order was executed accordingly, followed almost immediately by the counter-order send by his robotic half. As the voice was getting weaker, it changed its directive. "Play Mission-Zero video log."

The video started to play in SU-01's memory. He was send to his first Real Condition mission, a few months ago. He was then equipped with a more accurate version of his regular guns. The counter-part was he was carrying less ammunitions, so he has to be as accurate as possible. The target was a small native village, near the Monsaic Lines. He had managed to get past the few watchtowers unnoticed, thanks to his cloak device. He was now hiding behind some trees, locking all the target he could saw before the assault. When he was done, an audio transmission windows opened in his HUD and a Vikker voice said : "Begin the mission". He stormed out of his hiding place and started to shoot everything that came within its range. Every time a mudokon was falling dead, he was repeating again and again : "Target down...target down...". The natives never stood a chance against him. A few warriors tried to stop him but their natives weapons were not a match for him. At the end of the rampage, he was standing in the middle of the now destroyed village. The vikker voice told him : SU-01, Report. He answered, emotionless : "48 target have been killed in 48 shots. Accuracy 100%. No reinforcements have been..." He interrupted himself. He heard a noise behind him. He turned around, scanning the surroundings. He saw the heat signature of what seemed to be a Mudokon survivor. It was hiding behind a piece of wood that once was a wall of a house. He blasted the shelter in a few rounds and stood in front of the terrorized mudokon. It was a female, according to her clothing and the long feathers on her head. He scanned her face. She was crying. He rose one of his gun at her head. A few seconds later, the body of the now lifeless mudokon was laying on the ground. "Headshot". He didn't meant to say that, it was just a pre-scripted taunt. "49 targets have been killed in 49 shots. Accuracy 100%. No reinforcements have been called. Mission successful. Now returning to the base." He turned around and left the village, his armor covered with the blood of his victims.

The video stopped. He found himself in Rupture Farms again, facing Hembar his guns pointed at her. During the video, his main system has crashed, he was now on "emergency manual mode". The voice was now in control but it was no longer just a voice. It was a physical part of him, within this cold, metallic, emotionless body.

He looked at Hembar and said : "Listen. I'm not going to capture you. But soon, this place will be full of chant suppressors orbs, next-gen security cameras, sligs patrols and Odd know what else. You seem to be what they call "a Mudokon terrorist" and I know you'll come back to finish your job. But if our path cross again, I surely won't be able to let you escape. And I don't want it to happen...not anymore..." He lowered his guns turned around and said : The old stockyard is your best escape route if you don't mind facing a few paramites, I can see them. I'll escort you there and then let you go. Now follow me...please." His voice was no longer cold and robotic. He even said he last word with a pleading tone.

-----OOC-----

Wow, longest post ever

EDIT : I meant "Wow, this has to be MY longest post ever "
I know from reading previous versions of W@RF that some of you wrote pretty long posts

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 10-15-2009 at 03:30 PM..
10-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Gretin
Clakker Relic Miner

OOC: Longest post ever? You obviously haven't read Slaveless' old posts

IC:
As the snoozer (SU-01) extended an arm towards Hembar to attempt to grab her, her hands started to glow with a radiant blue aura. She was ready to attack it, but then it suddenly seemed to freeze up.

Standing in front of the motionless snoozer, she wondered if she should just walk off while it was obviously having issues, but then it suddenly started speaking in an odd voice:

"Listen. I'm not going to capture you. But soon, this place will be full of chant suppressors orbs, next-gen security cameras, sligs patrols and Odd know what else. You seem to be what they call 'a Mudokon terrorist' and I know you'll come back to finish your job. But if our path cross again, I surely won't be able to let you escape. And I don't want it to happen...not anymore... The old stockyard is your best escape route if you don't mind facing a few paramites, I can see them. I'll escort you there and then let you go. Now follow me...please."

She narrowed her eyes at the machine - this sounded like a trick, considering it had already tried to fake a malfunction in an attempt to trick her just a few minutes ago. But if it was going to go in front, she'd play along for now.

"Very well, lead the way," she replied, the glow in her hands dimming slightly, though not disappearing entirely.

OOC: I'm going to assume SU-01 starts walking towards the door now

IC:

As the snoozer turned it's back on her, she looked over at the meech (Crunchy) lying on the ground. She wasn't sure how intelligent the creature was, but she thought it was safer for it to come with them than to stay where it was, so she tried to motion to it to follow along behind.

10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)MeechMunchie  (14320)

OOC: Thanks Gretin. To be honest I was pretty much clueless about what I was going to do, so I just left Crunchy yelping on the floor.

IC:
Crunchy twitched as he slowly regained his vision. Clambering to his feet, he became aware of the robot (SU-01) staring in his direction. It seemed harmless now. He warily backed away, until he noticed the mudokon (Hembar) beckoning to him. In the more open space of the room, he could make out the dim blue glow around her hands, and a few plucked shafts of feathers. He knew this was a native, like the ones who had cared for him, who held life sacred. Silently he nodded and ambled forwards, pausing as something on the ground took his attention. He inspected the brown fragment of shell, tucked it under his claw and followed on.

10-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Jimmy-le-sniper
Fuzzle

Jimmy-le-sniper  (29)

-----OOC-----

I'm not sure the description I gave is matching the factory map...Sorry

And I'll assume too that Hembar is following me with Crunchy. Feel free to ignore it.

-----IC-----

With Hembar following him, SU-01 headed to the old stockyard zone. They went through a few rooms, mainly filled with old machinery. The last rooms were in poor condition. The walls were half destroyed and broken pipes were hanging from the ceiling. SU-01 even had to blast the last maintenance door out of the way with explosive rounds as it was heavily reinforced and rusted.

"Looks like this part of the factory has been locked down for ages." he said as he went through the hole he just made. According to the map, they just entered the corridor between the stockyards and the slaughterhouse. The walls were covered with scratches, probably made by the Paramites trying to escape their fate, some years ago. To the right, was the entrance of what was once a fenced zone where captured animals where kept, waiting to be processed. He took a few steps in the stockyard itself. Old, rusted wire fences were running straight forward on both sides, as far as he could see.

He turned around to face Hembar. "Here we are. You better take that Meech with you", he said, noticing Crunchy. "If it's found inside the factory, it may not be as lucky as a certain 3 millions Moolah can of Gabbiar...And please, do not attempt to infiltrate the factory again, whatever your mission is...I shouldn't even let you go. You've been lucky I managed to get into 'manual mode' and that a security announcement was made because I doubt that other robot would have given you another chance."

Last edited by Jimmy-le-sniper; 10-18-2009 at 08:55 PM..
10-19-2009, 11:53 AM
abeglukkon
Stunk

: None of your beeswax
: 40
abeglukkon  (63)

ooc: When can I join the story? Just tell me then Munchman will be ready. And don't say I can't!

10-19-2009, 02:10 PM
MeechMunchie
Sgt. Sideburns

OOC: Please, please don't.

10-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Splat

ooc: Abeglukkon, I can't help noting a few little problems with your profile.

:
Personality:Munchman stays out of the way but gets in a fight easily. He likes people if they help him.
You are aware that we don't just want lots of random, pointless fighting and violence in this RPG, right? Generally people who play very violent characters tend to leave RPGs very quickly because no one wants to interact with them.

:
Equipment:He has a rocket blaster and a fire sword and he can use his leg to kick you.
Where did he get these items? They're pretty unusual on Oddworld, so you need to explain why he has these and where they came from in the character's history.

:
Pets: He has a fuzzle called puffball. If you get him angry then he spits fire balls.
Again, how can this fuzzle spit fire? That also ought to be explained and you may need to make it a seperate profile.

:
History: He hasn't done much through the years except train fuzzles and join the gabbit army.
Um, how is there a 'gabbit army' when there are almost no gabbits left? Where has he trained fuzzles and why? How is it that when almost all gabbits have been slaughtered, your guy is still alive? And why is he heading to an industrial facility where there's a fair chance he'll be captured and killed, and what does he hope to achieve by coming here? All of these questions ought to be wrapped up in the character's history.

I know this means that his history will probably be pretty long, but if you want to play such an unusual character it'll need to be.

If you haven't already, PLEASE read the 'Information and Advice for RPG newbies' thread, the 'RPG Rules' thread and this thread's first post.

If you've done all of that and made suitable revisions to your character's profile (or made a new character; whatever floats your boat), you need to post the profile here as well as in the profile thread. Then you can RPG.

Last edited by Splat; 10-19-2009 at 04:27 PM..
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
MarsMudoken
Sleg

MarsMudoken  (78)

OOC: PFFFF, HAHAHAHAHAHha...ha..heh heh... sigh.

That guy is hilarious.

He makes me look like a scrub with weaponry.

10-20-2009, 02:47 AM
AlexFili
Wolvark Shooter

: Feb 2009
: NorthWest of England
: 3,127
AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)AlexFili  (1280)

OOC: I'm back from my holiday. It was a bit unlucky that I wasn't here while Mars' character was being chased away... and it doesn't really make a lot of sense that my character did absolutely nothing while this was happening (and that nobody else noticed him, come on guys!).

Due to a few things, I'll repost my last RP and change it a bit to match what's happened.

IC: Borso looks into a few rooms, before seeing a sign for Arnie's Office. He rushes over to see someone else in there already, a Mudokon with no work uniform (Mars). "Nice hair", Borso remarked. He wasn't entirely sure whether he meant it as a complement or as sarcasm. It could have gone either way. Suddenly Borso spots Arnie. He held his gun aloft and was about to salute and enter the office when he heard a voice.

"CLOSE AND LOCK!"

Borso is hit by the slamdoor with such ferocity that he is knocked all the way back to the far-side of the corridor and bangs his head on the wall. He barely had time to say "Slimy Sligs" before he was unconcious. While out of conciousness he could hear snippets of dialogue; "...n armed Native Mud ma..."

Borso got up, shaking his head. He looked around and saw the office he was about to enter before, the door was now open and Grace was talking to Arnie. "If it doesn't upset you then I'll be staying here until someone else comes to make sure you stay protected." Borso smiled, "Well, that someone...", he picked up his rifle and cocked it back, "...could be me. I'm here for a job sir, a bodyguard perhaps?". Borso anticipated Arnie's words with great enthusiasm.

[B]
I stream games and art now!
http://twitch.tv/ZephyrFloofyDerg
floofyderg.live

10-20-2009, 08:27 AM
abeglukkon
Stunk

: None of your beeswax
: 40
abeglukkon  (63)

So Splat can I edit my profile?