Oddworld Forums > Zulag Two > Forum Suggestions & Help

09-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

: Dec 2001
: USA: Dallas, Tx
: 3,298
Majic  (249)Majic  (249)Majic  (249)

I don't even see the point of all this censorship and crap. Theres not enough good topics left. I think Off Topic at least needs the censorship let up.

Also, sometimes I've been questioned for closing or deleting some things, when it was Alcar. O well, he is a super mod.

I also see no reason for getting rid of options for members who went to TGA. They couldn't hurt anything. Its actualy very relaxing to see this topic brought back up again. I'd like it to be resolved. For good.

:
How can you justify this attitude, coming from the "caring, friendly staff of OWF"?
I can't. Alcars a cool guy and all, but he seems to almost be... running the forums now. Off Topic is a barren wasteland. As I said before, let up the censorship, and leave the stuff be, I'm happy. I'd like any way to bring back old members to get some crap going again.

Its also very relaxing to see Danny posting like a maniac again, crazed with proper arguments that are oddly true. Even if its only for this topic, anways.

And as a last side note, as to how Alcar can run this better (as he is mroe or less running it). Lighten up in Off Topic at least. I don't know if you'll like this suggestion, but could you actualy not moderate things in Off Topic? I mean this is Off TOpic, and it is more or less a completely different place than the others (or used to be). I think me and Dave alone would probably work better for keeping the Off Topic feel.
09-23-2002, 12:25 AM
oddling
Clakker Relic Miner

: May 2002
: In my own little world
: 818
oddling  (10)
Mad Alcar has gone a bit too far this time!

*gulp* (signs will and calls funeral home) Hello? Mario? What are you doing at the funeral home?!.......oh, wrong number, eh while your at it I'll get a large with olives......no Mario, no anchivies.......40 minutes? Gotcha.(dails funeral home number and aranges her own death) Yeah the little cardboard one....no not the astro turf one......okay... yeah, once Alcar reads my topic.....thanks.(hangs up) *sigh* Well look at what happened to this place! Some of our mods are going power happy, and making all these sencors! Jeez! Acting superior to other people cause you have power, so what! Sure I can understand sometimes people get nuts, but most of the time it's for a good reason, and the only people who would do that, are mods! We have no power except to protest, and... well, with experience from my mom, seems not to work, so why even bother to post that rule? And also, okay, I get it. Cursing is bad. But who cares if a little female dog, or another word for a donkey pops up? It's just a word, what it gonna do, Mutate into a giant lizard and destroy Tokio? *looks at news station to see that Godzilla has attacked* Hehe, pretend I never said that. Well Alcar, I'm not saying your a bad power hungery mod, just saying your going a little over board. (screams in mind "YES!!! YES YOU DIRTY POWER HUNGERY TURD!!! YOU MUST DIEEEE!!!!!!!!!" hehe, joking) I'm going with the three warning rule, thats good, but can you let down on us a little? I understand that you don't want anything to happen to the forums, but who cares about the cursing #1, #2, who cares if we make fun of eachother a little, #3, this ain't pre-K! Your treating us like little toddlers, we haven't had too many things happen, and when things did happen everyone forgot about them quickly! So enough with the sensors and crud, we wan't freedom man! *dresses up like a hippy waving a "save the forums!" banner* I know I SOUND nuts, I know I AM nuts, and I know you may GO nuts when you read this, but a Sligs gotta stand up for something in her life, and well, I guess I'm standing up for the forums......... god that was corny!*runs away blushing*

Oddling l:c l
"But why is the coffee gone?!!" Pillows of the Caribbean

09-23-2002, 12:29 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner
Magical Happy Dream Queen

: Nov 2001
: Sydney, AU
: 6,698
Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

:
Originally posted by Majic_Abe
I don't even see the point of all this censorship and crap. Theres not enough good topics left. I think Off Topic at least needs the censorship let up.

Also, sometimes I've been questioned for closing or deleting some things, when it was Alcar. O well, he is a super mod.

I also see no reason for getting rid of options for members who went to TGA. They couldn't hurt anything. Its actualy very relaxing to see this topic brought back up again. I'd like it to be resolved. For good.

I can't. Alcars a cool guy and all, but he seems to almost be... running the forums now. Off Topic is a barren wasteland. As I said before, let up the censorship, and leave the stuff be, I'm happy. I'd like any way to bring back old members to get some crap going again.

Its also very relaxing to see Danny posting like a maniac again, crazed with proper arguments that are oddly true. Even if its only for this topic, anways.

And as a last side note, as to how Alcar can run this better (as he is mroe or less running it). Lighten up in Off Topic at least. I don't know if you'll like this suggestion, but could you actualy not moderate things in Off Topic? I mean this is Off TOpic, and it is more or less a completely different place than the others (or used to be). I think me and Dave alone would probably work better for keeping the Off Topic feel.
I've been abusing my power, yes.

Sorry everyone, this has all served as a wake up call, and you can be garunteed it won't happen again.

Yes about the censorship swearing, please reply in the Crack Down topic about it. The rules of swearing will be lifted depending on what people want and don't want based on majority.

Thankyou,

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)
Release of Citizen Siege (2020) § Double Back Ceremony (Daily)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

09-23-2002, 12:31 AM
sligster
Outlaw Shooter

: Jun 2002
: weeeeeeeee!
: 1,410
sligster  (10)

At least you spoke your mind
Asshole
Albert Einstein never learned how to drive a car.

09-23-2002, 03:47 AM
General Drippik
Outlaw Shooter

: Jul 2001
: Australia
: 1,339
General Drippik  (11)

You should be sorry.

09-23-2002, 06:33 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: Apr 2001
: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

:
Majic_Abe:
Alcars a cool guy and all, but he seems to almost be... running the forums now.
I don't think that Peter is making the decisions alone, but I think it seems that he has been selected as the "spokesman" for the Administration, probably because he's closer in age to most of the membership than Kristen or Justin. I noticed Kristen keeping well away from this topic the other night...
09-23-2002, 07:54 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)Alcar  (1705)

Justin is a very busy man, and Kristen she has her work to do.

I'm not making the decisions alone, but the Crack Down topic was purely mine.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events
11th Anniversary of Abe's Exoddus (September) § 9th Anniversary of the Oddworld Forums (May 2009)

“Also, we don't need no Jacob to gay this place up. We have officially won the award for the forum with a highest proportion of gay members whilst not being themed about poojabbing, cowboys or Kylie.” - Nate

09-23-2002, 09:28 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

: Apr 2002
: Nearish to Seattle, Washington
: 1,048
TheKhanzumer  (15)
Native FORUM POLITICS ARE DUMB!

......................................holy crap

Guys... this is just a website. Just a video game forum.

I have a quote for you all from someone I talked to:

"You people take the forums to seriously." -ALF of OWI

He was right.
http://216.101.14.114:81/oddworlduni...ekhanzumer.gif
YOU SHOULD STILL VOTE FOR KHANZ!

09-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

Lol at Khanz.

(yes, that was a nice laugh. As in a good natured one, not a sarcastic crap thing)
09-23-2002, 09:44 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

: Feb 2002
: Nowhere in particular...
: 4,377
Jacob  (87)

Its true. But its also fun, watch...

*Whistles*

HERE NEWBIES, COME ON, COME, COME, COME ON BOYS, DINNER TIME. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEREE NEWBIE-OOBIE-OOBIES!! HERE BOY!!

*Pats legs*

COME ON...HEREEEEEEEEEEEE NOOOOBIE!! NODS ODDYSEE SCREENSHOTS!!

*Barking commences and 19-35 newbies rush around the corner on all fours...*

BAD PARAMITE ABE, BAD, BAD. YOUR NOT A NEWBIE...BAD...NOW, TO YOUR BASKET, GO ON...BAD!!

"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

I don't know what that was about, but its damn funny. *reads it again*

O now I get it... It was sarcasm at the end? RIght? Am I right? *falls over, cracking skull open on a jagged rock conviniently placed behind him*
09-24-2002, 05:19 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

Firstly I just want to tell people that I have been going through some very personal problems over the past week, therefore I have not been able to view the forums too much, and if so I've only been able to have a quick glance at things. As for Justin, I believe he is very busy at the moment, so I'm not sure what his plans for coming onto the forums will include.

Anyway, these aside, I come back and I find the forums in an uproar again. Well maybe not so much now, because it seems that some of these things have been sorted out (in particular the accusations of moderators that I've read).

If anyone has any problems with the current administration and moderators, please send me a PM. This way you don't have to go around accusing everyone in public and we can deal with it accordingly.

I also had no idea that anyone's editing privllages had been removed. I'll look into that and rectify shortly, as editing of posts should be encouraged, not denied.

Finally, in regards to the swearing issue, I'm not really one to swear much myself, but realize that it can be commonly used by people today. I would only consider the "F" word to be censored, and everything else would be fine in proper context. I would have a problem if someone was excessively swearing in their posts (i.e. every few words or for no reason) or if they were using swear words to abuse other members. In which cases we would need to take action (warnings/banning/etc).

Finally, these topics actually belong over in the Suggestions and feedback forums. So if you are looking for any of them, you will find them there.

Regards,
Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

09-24-2002, 09:49 AM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

:
I'm not really one to swear much myself
*Raises eyebrow*

So the anger management class' working then...thats good, cos before hand. Sheesh!!.

"America is the most grandiose experiment the world has seen, but, I am afraid, it is not going to be a success." - Sigmund Freud

09-24-2002, 05:39 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)
Re: FORUM POLITICS ARE DUMB!

:
Originally posted by TheKhanzumer
......................................holy crap

Guys... this is just a website. Just a video game forum.

I have a quote for you all from someone I talked to:

"You people take the forums to seriously." -ALF of OWI

He was right.
Khanzumer, don't spoil our fun. We were only having a laugh...
09-24-2002, 10:12 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

Khanz is just a weiner. Ignore him.

He seems to think that his 'holier than thou' attitude is charming.

oh, and I'm very impressed that you talked to 'alf'. I'd just like to point something out, 'kay?

you said:

:
Guys... this is just a website. Just a video game forum

I agree.

you then went on to brag about the fact that you 'talked' to 'alf'.

Guess what? He's a god damned fictional character! the alf you were 'talking' to is probably some middle aged, balding old man.

Get over yourself, weiner.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

09-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Actually I think the current Alf, is a person named [insert name here]. Before her, im sure it was [insert another name here].

Alcar...

Edit: Sorry Peter, I hate to censor, but no naming of actual behind the scenes OWI inhabitants on these forums. I've had to edit your post out of respect for those who work there (I know that they would not wish to have their real names given out here). ~ Abe Babe
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

09-24-2002, 10:31 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Happy weiner?

I'm sorry that I've come off as a weiner lately. I wasn't bragging about talking to Alf (if I knew his/her real name I would use it but since I don't I will just use the fictitious alias). I just thought he had a very good point. Everyone takes the forums to seriously. I am incredibly tired of all of the finger pointing and complaining. If I truely am the only one bothered I will stop entering these discussions. But if I am not the only person who finds these arguments incredibly annoying then I hope that you will find some thoughtfulness in your heart and stop.

And go ahead and hold me to my promise. If everyone else enjoys these cat fights I'll not spoil your fun anymore.

09-24-2002, 10:32 PM
Sydney
Oddworld Forums Founder
Queen of the Damned

: May 2000
: Australia
: 1,408
Sydney  (32)

:
I also had no idea that anyone's editing privllages had been removed. I'll look into that and rectify shortly, as editing of posts should be encouraged, not denied.
I wonder who took it upon themselves to remove my editing privileges then, as well as those of others who patron TGA. *cough*Peter*cough*

Also, speaking of Alf, isn't it strange that he hasn't appeared at OWF recently.

09-24-2002, 10:36 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Oddworld Alf is gone

I don't think its strange. He/she probably has better things to do.

09-24-2002, 10:46 PM
Disgruntled Intern
Faerie-Digesting Tachyon

: Port Orchard, Washington
: 3,506
Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)Disgruntled Intern  (4322)

yes, like plot the second wave of the destruction process of the forums!

or eat babies.

....weiner.

Buy my T-shirts. People will like you more and I will hate you less.

09-25-2002, 01:34 AM
Alcar
Oddworld Forums Owner

Actually Alf, recently posted, a few days ago or so. Simply do a post search on him to see.

Alcar...
Oddworld Forums Blog

Upcoming Forum Events

09-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Alf ate my baby. She was called 'Starlight'...

09-26-2002, 12:42 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
No Gain....

He who hurts another hurts himself.

After all, there is nothing that who gets at all. There is only dislike, displeasure, and distrust.

atusiya's father..
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

09-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)
Re: No Gain....

:
Originally posted by atusiya@
He who hurts another hurts himself.

After all, there is nothing that who gets at all. There is only dislike, displeasure, and distrust.
I don't see the relevance. Nobody's hurting anyone else here, are they?

BTW, why is your custum title "JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor"? What does that mean?
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Sad hurtin'

That is the bad part. People seem to enjoy the arguements. What is so fun about finger pointing, back stabbing and complaining? If you have a problem, notify the mod's via PM becuase for the sakes of at least three people (Atusi, his father and myself) if there aren't any more.

P.S. How do you like my sig DI?

09-26-2002, 09:29 PM
Majic
Ascended Being

My god Khanz, I think thats brilliant. I started laughing when I saw that
09-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Jacob
Lawyer to the Underworld

Jacob  (87)

Yeh, what does that Friendship Contractor thing mean?

And Khanz, i really cant get why you like arguments. My psychologistic side believes tis cos u witness loved/closed ones argue and then sumat dramatic happened and thus u hate arguing.

I love it...for all of the reasons above.

Actually, has anyone wondered why they turned out like they did...i constantly wonder.

09-26-2002, 10:27 PM
TheKhanzumer
OIPT Vice President

TheKhanzumer  (15)
Native fightin'

I'm not sure why it annoys me so much Jacob. I just don't think that this is the right place to do it. I joined the forums because of my interest in oddworld, not to read a bunch of bickering.

And I think atusiya@'s status just means that he is the "top" Japanese fan of oddworld.

09-27-2002, 12:36 AM
atusiya@
JPN-OWF Friendship Contractor

: Mar 2002
: Japan Okayama-city Okayama
: 794
atusiya@  (28)
.... Wien in 1814

"The congress doesn't march, it dances"...
like this.http://www.oddworldforums.net/forums...&threadid=6500
This of what I should say is all.
I do not contribute the post concerning this from now on, and it does not respond to questions and answers, either.

and
As for us, it is weak to speak English.
We contributed a few threads on three points in these six months. (These are the themes as which we have responsibility and can answer.)

1) The thread about Japan and Oddworld.
2) The thread about Japanese culture.
3) The thread about me and a family.

If we could contribute the thread in Japanese, we should have contributed many threads which are helpful to everybody.
However, ...it is impossible.
In Japan, we do not know well whether we are the top's fan, and do not become precocious. However, it is an infallible fact that we like oddworld. In this forum, if there is no request of the information about JPN, this CT will withdraw me. It is merely only it. I do not adhere to CT. that's is all

atusi's father...<=The workaholic person who will do work for 10 hours or more / one day.... I am a worker...
Odd odd oddworld
Is Elum [" Dani Bunten 's M.U.L.E."] spelled backwards?
Abe's Oddyssey Hello Hello ~ Abe's Theme

Last edited by atusiya@; 09-26-2002 at 05:00 PM..
09-27-2002, 07:27 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

Danny  (11)
Re: hurtin'

:
Originally posted by TheKhanzumer
That is the bad part. People seem to enjoy the arguements. What is so fun about finger pointing, back stabbing and complaining? If you have a problem, notify the mod's via PM becuase for the sakes of at least three people (Atusi, his father and myself) if there aren't any more.
Well, there's the problem, isn't it? We can't use PM, because they disabled it for us...

Look, stop taking this so seriously, okay? Nobody's hurting anyone else, and I haven't even posted outside of these two topics, so it's not like the argument is hard to avoid if (for some reason) you find it upsetting...

But anyway, I'll leave you be now. My work here is done, and there's no reason for me to be here any more.

Have fun.