11-28-2001, 07:30 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

: Nov 2001
: Albion, New York (United states)
: 101
Andrea  (10)
How I became an Oddworld fan

When I was thirteen years old, my dad gave me this computer game. It was "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee" When I first looked at the game, I didn't think I was going to like it. But the day I first played the game, I got addicted to it and every day after I got home from school I would get on my computer to play a little game of Oddworld before and after doing my homework. And over the summer, I got a t-shirt to wear so I can wear Oddworld with pride (and to advertise Munch's Oddysee).

11-28-2001, 08:35 PM
Sl'askia
Outlaw Bomber

: Apr 2001
: No I am not telling you so :P
: 2,236
Sl'askia  (10)

Sorry...wrong forum for this topic. *moves it to General Oddworld*

My Site | My Board | My RolePlay

11-28-2001, 09:19 PM
oddite4456
Boombat

: USA
: 200
oddite4456  (10)

Cool. I think I played a demo for Abe's Exoddus in Wal-Mart or something like that. I don't remember it much now. Later I saw Abe's Oddysee for sale in some store and I got the strangest feeling of deja vu. I figured, "what the heck; I can afford it" and so I bought it. Then I got hooked. About a month later I got Abe's Exoddus. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: oddite4456 ]
11-29-2001, 04:06 AM
abe333
Riot Slug

: australia
: 598
abe333  (10)

i first liked oddworld in 1997 when ao came out. I bought it on ps and i liked it! then i became the biggest fan in the world!!!!
11-29-2001, 01:45 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

A frien of me told me about, I bought it and play... It was fantastic now I know more about Oddworld tahn him, héhé

12-03-2001, 07:49 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

Andrea  (10)

I'll never remember that day I saw my fan art at the Oddworld website...

12-03-2001, 08:59 PM
Wise Abe
Sniper Wasp

: Dec 2001
: Yonkers, NY.
: 261
Wise Abe  (10)

I'm sort of a newbie to Oddworld. I played Munch's Odysee and I liked it a lot. How the overall game looked was very cool, IMO. Also, the characters are very unique and have distinct personalities.

I'm definetly going to pick up the first two PlayStation games to see how it all began .
12-03-2001, 10:03 PM
SeaRex
LOLocaust.

: Tampa Bay Area
: 3,335
SeaRex  (33)

I really liked the commercial for AO, so I bought it. I remember saying "Man! That games looks SO cool!"
12-03-2001, 10:12 PM
RoN_Rancor
Boombat

: May 2001
: In a dank cage under Jabba's throne...
: 219
RoN_Rancor  (10)

I first heard about Oddworld from an ad in a magazine. It showed abe, elum, mullock, a scrab, and a paramite on it. I was amazed by the originality of the characters and immediately decided that I needed to get it. (I have always loved weird alien creatures in movies, games, books, ect). After I saw that ad, I knew I had to have it. Strangely, I almost didn't get Abe's Oddysee, because I thought it was the sequel to a game that was just called "Oddworld" and so I wanted to play that game first. Then I figured out that Abe's Oddysee was the original Oddworld game and got it.

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: RoN_Rancor ]
Xbox Live Gamertag: RON RANCOR

12-04-2001, 02:38 AM
Cloverfield
Oddworld Forums Owner
J.J.'s Bad Robot

: Jun 2000
: Melbourne, Australia, Oddworld
: 2,613
Cloverfield  (72)

I was a latecomer to Oddworld. I first played Abe's Exoddus in April 2000 and really loved the game.

Our family was pretty late in getting a PSX... even though we had grown up with the Nintendo and Super Nintendo... we were playing PC games for a while until my brother got a PSX in about March 2000.

My other brother's friend lent us some games... Gex 2, Fade to Black, Die Hard Trilogy and of course Abe's Exoddus. As soon as I played it I loved the game.

Then in June I bought Abe's Oddysee for PC (I have no idea why I hadn't noticed these games before). Soon after I decided to check out the official Oddworld website and found out about the whole Oddworld Universe. I guess it was too late to turn back then... I was hooked!

Abe Babe...

"If that's so, I shall draw you into the darkness. Into the nightmare that forever deprives you of light, from which you can never awaken." ~ Sephiroth, Kingdom Hearts

Obsessed with J.J. Abrams!!! <3
Creator of Cloverfield, Lost, Alias and Fringe ... he's just too awesome!

12-04-2001, 03:11 AM
Lampion
Sewer Sleg

: Brazil
: 714
Lampion  (11)

Back to 1998, I saw Abe in a game magazine, and I bought Abe's Oddysee for PC. Lots of laughs, lots of fun, the game was one of the greatest I'd played until then.After a while, I forgot about it.

Early in 2000, I saw Abe again in a magazine cover. WOW!!! A sequel to Abe's Oddysee!!! Lots of fun again, lots of hours playing Abe's Exoddus.

When I finished the game, I saw "comming soon: Munch's Oddysee". Another big surprise!!! Abe's games are in fact just one chapter of a whole quintology. I rusehd to the web to gather more info, and I eventualy found this forum and the online oddworld community.

Since then, I'm here, patiently waiting for the new titles, to transport me again to the Odd dimension of Oddworld...

Lampion, the mudokon.

[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Lampion ]
12-04-2001, 04:16 PM
Alf
Oddworld Inhabitant

: Alf's Rehab & Tea
: 109
Alf  (86)

I'd like to post all these responses on the oddworld site.
These are truly heartfelt.
True fans. Thank you all. Happy Holidays.
Alf

"Follow me" on Twitter or be my Facebook buddy!

12-04-2001, 04:46 PM
Xavier
Oddworld Administrator
The Oddworld Archivist

: Jul 2001
: Belgium
: 17,592
Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)Xavier  (3581)

I tolded it, my bst friend say me again and again it is a super game, so I go to his house and play... it was realy cool!
I didn't see the game in the stores and I was sad... but I saw it in a mediathèque and I rend it.. the game was realy faboulous and I copy it for me (but shhhhhhhht !) later I saw it in a shop and buy it, (you see, I got the original one!). Then I buy the exoddus...

So now I'm waiting for the Munch oddysee, and when I wait I search infos about Oddworld...

So thanx Nicolas (my friend that learned my Oddworld!)

12-05-2001, 03:49 AM
Oddness
Thudslug

: Australia
: 179
Oddness  (11)

When I was around 8 or 9, I played a demo of Abe's Oddysee on my friend's playstation. I can remember how wonderful I thought it was, and getting mad with my mum for coming to take me home After a while, I forgot all about it. Then, the following year, I saw the PC version in a shop and something in my memory clicked - I had to get that game! Mum bought it for my birthday, and I was completely hooked. I remember thinking that it was an entire new world, not just a game. I bought Abe's Exoddus the day it came out, and rescued all 300 Mudakons. Now I'm just waiting for a PC version of Munch's Oddysee... :bg:

It's really interesting to know how others became fans
12-05-2001, 04:12 AM
abe22
Sleg

: May 2001
: South/Eastern Victoria, Australia
: 680
abe22  (10)

I first played Abe's Oddysee on demo disk 1. I was so hooked after that I had to get the full version. Then when I heard about Abe's Exoddus I had to get that and after saving them all I found out about Munch's Oddysee and When I finally got the net I went to oddworld.com and found a link to these happy forums.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -- Jack Handy
That stuff only happens in the movies. -- Famous Last Words

12-05-2001, 04:31 PM
Lantra
Clakker Relic Miner

: Vancouver Canada
: 847
Lantra  (11)

my brother brought it over form england and at first he played more then me. but after my friend told me that it was part of a quintology i was hooked.

12-08-2001, 08:19 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

Andrea  (10)

I got hooked on Oddworld because Abe looked so cute. His voice sounded cute too, but I like the AE voice better.

I do not own Abe's exoddus, by the way.

12-10-2001, 12:46 PM
paramiteabe
Wolvark Semi Auto

: Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
: 4,129
paramiteabe  (95)

Cool I first became an Oddworld fan when I was 15 yrs old. My brother went out to rent a video game for the night and he brought home Abes Oddessy. Right then I was hooked. My brother was playing and I was like how do you that so I got hooked to it. But my brouther well what's just say that he still stuck in Rupture Farms. He diden't like it. But I liked it so much I bought every single game so far. and beat them all. And now it has become my life.

12-30-2001, 05:15 PM
Al the Vykker
Resident Psychologist

: Oct 2001
: Not Specified
: 2,804
Al the Vykker  (20)

I first became an Oddworld Fan when I was nine years old I borrowed a demo from my friend that had a game called ( this is what I first called it ) A-B-E's Oddworld Oddysee. I then later Pronounced it Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee anyhoo I played through the demo and got to the stockyards and couldn't get past all the landmines it said the game was coming out in september and I got it as an early Christmas (1997) Present in september. When Abe's Exoddus Came out I got it for Free from my mom for becoming an altar server at my Church. And Now Munch's Oddysee I got as an early Christmas Present On Nov. 15 with my Xbox, and now for the past years now being 14
I'm proud to say I was with Oddworld from the begining and now surrounded by ohters just like me. So let me say together we stand Odd to the end.
12-30-2001, 05:47 PM
Monkey-Man2000
Fuzzle

: 132
Monkey-Man2000  (10)

I became a fan a few months ago when I was getting excited about getting an Xbox for Christmas. My brother had gotten Abe's Oddysee when he got a Playstation(he also got several other games). I watched him play it and loved the FMV's. I only played it to possess Sligs and stuff. Then I decided to start playing Abe's Oddysee because I was planning to get Munch's Oddysee. I looked up Oddworld on the internet and found this forum. I eventually joined. Now i've got Munch's Oddysee and I just got Abe's Exoddus.

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: Monkey-Man2000 ]
12-30-2001, 06:05 PM
Andrea
Fuzzle

Andrea  (10)

Oddworld might still be in my mind when I play on my Nintendo 64...

12-30-2001, 06:51 PM
Oddworld Master
Howler Punk

: Sep 2001
: the one place i hate
: 323
Oddworld Master  (10)

i first saw oddworld when i was 6. it was Abe's oddysee demo. i was scared to death of it. when i was 10 i started to get interested in it. now.....i'm one of the biggest oddworld fans there is

12-30-2001, 07:01 PM
The Magog On The March
Thudslug

: Austin, TX
: 171
The Magog On The March  (10)

I first was introduced to Oddworld shortly after it was first released... (my valiant story of oddworld ahead!) I read an article on it on Playstation Magazine, and I thought the game looked pretty cool/interesting. I finally went down to blockbuster ("Wow! What a difference! Blockbuster video!" Anyone remember those old commercials?) and rented it. I had no clue what it was going to be like, but when I finally got to playing it, I was really surpised. The gameplay was similar to Out Of This World (I was one of the 2 people to play that game and like it), except your unarmed more often. I liked the way it dealt with Abe dying also; you just reappear. After that, I returned it to blockbuster, went to Babbages, bough it, and I've been a huge fan ever since (I got the oddworld underwear, wahay!)
Max:Facilities be damned! I need a restroom!
"A) The below statement is FALSE
B) The above statement is TRUE"

12-30-2001, 07:37 PM
Fazerina
Super Stingbee

: Turku, Finland
: 492
Fazerina  (22)

It's really cool to read how you became fans..

I played Abes's Oddyssee for the first time when I was visiting my uncle. It was such a cool game and I loved it right from the start! Though I really sucked in it.. Every time when we visited my uncle like on birthdays etc. I wanted to play it all evening and I remember that my mom was angry at me because the others couldn't watch TV..

Then next year when I had my birthday my uncle had promised to borrow the game for me and he was supposed to bring it with them.
So when they came and they didn't have it with them I was really at my uncle..
But then I opened my present and he had bought it for me! Since then I played and played and I just loved the game! And I didn't even suck so bad any more..

Then on that same year I went to some game shop just to check it out and I saw Abe's Exoddus there. I just had to get it and so I came back the next day and bought it to myself.

When we didn't have the internet I had to go to libraries and use the net there. One day when I was on the net and I didn't know what to do I tried out oddworld.com and the page existed.. They were so cool. I read everything about Oddworld and I was even more exighted.

Then I got internet as a christmas present and I found the Oddworld chat but there wasn't so many people and I was told to come here and here I am now.

And I want to have all the five games and the extra games but I really don't have the money for xbox and Munch.. But I have my birthday in March so maybeee...