04-19-2001, 08:20 AM
Grid
Stingbee

: Apr 2001
: Goulburn, NSW, Australia
: 86
Grid  (23)
YO

While this topic may have thought to contain no substance whatsoever due to the rather vague and uninteresting topic name, it does.
Has anyone ever wondered if the mudokons will ever pull themselves together and make themselves a lovely army consisting of muds and elums and scrabs and paramites and meetle etc and storming Magog Cartel HQ? (Wherever the hell it is) It would make quite the spectacular/dazzling/awe inspiring type of FMV. And it'd look cool too.

But seriously, what is stopping them from defending themselves? Maybe they are just too lazy, maybe they have no sense of simple battle strategy. We know they have weapons, from an arrow killing some innocent scrab on a video I saw a while back. Maybe they are scared, maybe Lorne doesn't want it to happen because it is very Un-Oddworld like, but still, hypothetically what is stopping them?
04-19-2001, 08:25 AM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

: NSW, Australia
: 643
Pacen  (23)

Hey Grid, welcome to the new forums!

In answer to your question; guns. The landmuggers have a lot more firepower than Mudokons and other native wildlife. And besides, Mudokons are the peaceful type, they don't want to start wars. Plus I think they'd probably lose the battle.
04-19-2001, 01:50 PM
Osiris The Fleech
Super Stingbee

: Tacoma, WA
: 456
Osiris The Fleech  (12)

I agree with Pacen. They would lose. Remember what Lorne said about the oddworld series, that we'd end up in a place like new york city. With all those people on the magog's side, they'd probably lose.

Zorak: You don't want me to play ya to the desk?

Spaceghost: When have we done that??!! We've never done it that way!! And if you think you're getting sympathy from the shark, well, then you're wrong!

04-19-2001, 06:45 PM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

that's why i think they have to subvert the Cartel. first will come the sligs, then one by one the slave and worker underclasses in the Cartel will join the muds, bringing firepower with them.

then the muds will KICK SOME ASS!

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.

04-19-2001, 07:53 PM
Grid
Stingbee

: Goulburn, NSW, Australia
: 86
Grid  (23)

Oh well, I just hope that eventually sligs realise that working for the Glukkons is a BAD thing and they'll ditch them, as long as they can get around the Pants Factor.
04-19-2001, 08:24 PM
Dakkan Blackblade
Super Stingbee

: Boca Raton
: 497
Dakkan Blackblade  (24)

Man, like the mukodons with them Mugz would kick ass! Or the gabbits with Fuzzles because them Fuzzles ARE MAD MEAN in the MO Trailer!

04-19-2001, 11:24 PM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Check this out! Ok...if you go to Microsofts Munches site, on the main page...where the meetles are flying at the top...you will see kinda a map in the background. Towards the bottom are the mudokon villages, then across the river there are a few mudokon towers, and to the left is the paramonian temple, and when you keep looking up, you eventually see a bunch of industrial towers. Well...over the river is a bridge, with huge catapolts on each side. So they do fight back! If Sligs or stuff tried to come in their village, they have that bridge to guard them. Look at the picture below and you will see what I mean

Now, a few Elums and they are set!

[ April 19, 2001: Message edited by: Elum ]

04-19-2001, 11:31 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

I think this is the picture he wants you to see:

They fight back, as talked about by Lorne when discussing the RPG aspect of MO, I'm just saying they'd be crazy to launch a full scale assault to try to destroy the Magog Cartel.
04-20-2001, 12:01 AM
iliodd
Thudslug

: Toronto
: 156
iliodd  (11)

I agree that maybe one by one the underclasses will pull out of the Cartel. After all, the mudokons are already doing just that, and I think Squeek will be the hero to lead Sligs out of slavery like Abe did for the Mudokons.

04-20-2001, 01:29 AM
Elum
Spark Stunk

: USA
: 373
Elum  (12)

Actually pacen, I didn't want it to be so big! lol. thats okay though.

I really hope squeek isn't a slig. Sorry..I would rather it be a new creature. But either way, I am sure it will be cool.

04-20-2001, 10:34 AM
Oddipus
Riot Slug

: Belgium
: 576
Oddipus  (38)

They can't fight back properly right now because their are too much Muds in slavery. Once Abe rescues enough other Muds and his own mom, they can start building 'an army'. And even then they can do it step by step.

And concerning Squeek: I also would rather see a new specie.

04-20-2001, 12:06 PM
Pacen
Boombat Seeker

Pacen  (23)

Sorry Elum, I just thought it was better than your pic which wasn't working (till you fixed it) and I didn't realise it was so big because I didn't see it, just copied the link & fixed it.
04-21-2001, 11:56 AM
Danny
Wolvark Sloghandler

: York, England
: 3,961
Danny  (11)

i hope Squeek is a slig, but a new species would be cool too. i just hope the sligs get freed.

i think the glukks will demote the sligs to slaves to replace the muds, and that's when the sligs will realise what a bad deal they've got.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people! Using Guns.